Forum Settings
Forums

Do people who have a mean score of over 7 like everything they watch?

New
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 26, 2016 9:06 PM
May 2013
I don't choose to watch anything and everything; I'm more selective than that. So I do end up liking most of what I watch to some extent.

It's like what PPGN_DM_Exia said: it's about doing a bit of research before committing to watching something.
May 26, 2016 9:07 PM

Apr 2010
Do people with a mean score lower than 7 suck at choosing what to watch?
May 26, 2016 9:19 PM

Apr 2015
Well from MAL's perspective: Higher score = Love anime, Lower score = Hate anime.

That sure makes perfect sense (¬‿¬)

-Mastergold
May 26, 2016 9:42 PM

Jun 2014
Well, I'm one of those high mean score people, and that's because I do like most of the stuff that I watch. That's because I only watch stuff that I'm interested in and am pretty sure that I'll enjoy. I don't just watch whatever comes out this season, I selectively choose what I watch because I want to have a nice time. As a result, I only have a few low scores, and that's either from retrospective review, a highly popular show that I just give a shot (gettin on a few bandwagons), or recomendations that I just end up not liking.

Honestly, if your average score is a 5, then you seem to be spending half of your anime view time watching shit that you dont even like. Why would you do that?
May 26, 2016 10:00 PM

Feb 2015
I just pick what i would like to watch beforehand,i've tried to go into animu blind and i've fuckin payed for it
May 26, 2016 10:03 PM

May 2010
Nope. im at 7.21 and the trick is NOT to rate dropped shows.
May 26, 2016 10:23 PM
Jul 2015
Gesu- said:
Okay, now since I've caught your attention;

Do people who have a mean score of over 7 literally like everything they watch? Or is it just that they are so highly empathetic that they even empathise with anime?

I've seen people who literally hand out 10s and I just don't understand, do you like anime that much that you think that all of those shows are the best anime ever?

I'm not patronizing anyone or being angry. Just genuinely curious.

Interesting topic you got there if you are curious about my thoughts then i shall answer your questions if your life is good you give tens if your life is bad you give bad scores notice that if you emphasize anime with in the mood it could change you it could give a lesson like nhk ni youkoso if you are in the same mood and you cant get away you can get relaxed and give ten tens thats the basic rating like if you are the hero type and see a hero type of movie you give ten tens
but a but if you previously watched a hero movie you reconsider your score because it can be better than that or other is better so short answer it depends on your mood....

Yes writing like that bam bam engrish I know but if we are in the same level you can get some of my thoughts I dont have time to write proper sentences but i can write in turkish

Eğer hayatın iyiyse 10 10 verirsin kötüyse kötü skor verirsin ama eğer modun uyuşursa yüksekde verebilirsin kötüyse kötü yani anime ile modun aynı olucak iyi verebilmen için eğer olmuyorsa daha önce çok anime izlemişsin ve yapacak işin yok yani insanlardan sıkılmış ve çareyi animede arıyorsun hayat dolu neresinden baktırğına bağlı...
Demonoic_YoyoMay 26, 2016 10:26 PM
May 26, 2016 10:28 PM

Mar 2016
Gesu- said:

Do people who have a mean score of over 7 literally like everything they watch? Or is it just that they are so highly empathetic that they even empathise with anime?

I've seen people who literally hand out 10s and I just don't understand, do you like anime that much that you think that all of those shows are the best anime ever?

With a mean score of 7.47, I'm one of those people. ^_^
I never really paid attention to my score and what it meant, but I don't enjoy EVERY show I watch, I just enjoy MOST of the shows I watch. There have been a few I gave low scores but I'm really generous with my ratings. I only give out full 10 star ratings to anime that move me emotionally, spiritually, and sometimes even physically like Gurren Lagann or Full Moon wo Sagashite (Even though I didn't even give these 10/10 if I remember).

I love anime, so it's kind of a natural response to give high scores.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2016 10:28 PM

Mar 2016
I can give 10 or 9 or 7 to anything that i watched. İt shouldn't bother you what i give.
May 26, 2016 10:39 PM

Sep 2013
It takes high intelligence and wisdom to appreciate the anime for what it's worth, alot of people drop shows cause they're retarded "it's not going how I want it to WAAAHHH" or "OMFG IT HAS GIRLS AND BOOBS! DROPPED ANIME IS SHIT!".
May 26, 2016 10:46 PM

Nov 2015
My score is a 7.73 at the moment. There can be many reasons why a score is above 7. The person can watch about 5 anime and have a score above 7. It doesnt have to be much to show that the people are rating too high. Besides it just shows that the person are really enjoying what they are liking. It doesnt have to go according to a certain range. Anime is rated on their opinion. They can be watching only things they are interested in. In my case I am trying to clear the top 100 so maybe I will agree with the majority of MAL users and give those 100 a high score thus keep my mean score higher than 7.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2016 10:47 PM

Nov 2015
Demonoic_Yoyo said:
Gesu- said:

Interesting topic you got there if you are curious about my thoughts then i shall answer your questions if your life is good you give tens if your life is bad you give bad scores notice that if you emphasize anime with in the mood it could change you it could give a lesson like nhk ni youkoso if you are in the same mood and you cant get away you can get relaxed and give ten tens thats the basic rating like if you are the hero type and see a hero type of movie you give ten tens
but a but if you previously watched a hero movie you reconsider your score because it can be better than that or other is better so short answer it depends on your mood....

Yes writing like that bam bam engrish I know but if we are in the same level you can get some of my thoughts I dont have time to write proper sentences but i can write in turkish

Eğer hayatın iyiyse 10 10 verirsin kötüyse kötü skor verirsin ama eğer modun uyuşursa yüksekde verebilirsin kötüyse kötü yani anime ile modun aynı olucak iyi verebilmen için eğer olmuyorsa daha önce çok anime izlemişsin ve yapacak işin yok yani insanlardan sıkılmış ve çareyi animede arıyorsun hayat dolu neresinden baktırğına bağlı...

Umm, I've had a pretty decent life so far.
It's just that when I find a flaw in an anime (or anything for that matter; videogames, movies, music) I feel the need to evaluate it and talk about it with someone.
Basically nothing to do with having a good or bad life, just like to analyze stuff..
Butterflymansion said:
İt shouldn't bother you what i give.

It doesn't.
ichii_1 said:
It takes high intelligence and wisdom to appreciate the anime for what it's worth, alot of people drop shows cause they're retarded "it's not going how I want it to WAAAHHH" or "OMFG IT HAS GIRLS AND BOOBS! DROPPED ANIME IS SHIT!".

lmao no, that's not what I do.
Isn't that something that people with higher mean scores do?
I barely have any dropped anime for that matter and neither does anyone who just happens to like to think about anime as a medium of entertainment rather than just something to pass time with.
I mean it is something to pass time with but we like to think about it and analyze it while we're at it.
Link me to just one person with a lot of dropped anime and a mean score < 7.
Gesu-May 26, 2016 10:52 PM
May 26, 2016 10:50 PM

Sep 2015
Kerozinn said:
Nope. im at 7.21 and the trick is NOT to rate dropped shows.

Same.

But yeah, people have different standard when putting those value. There are people who use critical eye to rate things (music, story, animation, technical stuff like that) and then there are some like me who simply rate shows based on how much I enjoy them. Usually they are the kind who are not easily bothered by what I call technical aspect. Call me easily entertained, if you will.

Seven is a standard for me, and anything that has seven or higher on my list tend to be shows that I like to rewatch, anything below seven is just shows that left a bad taste after finishing it. Ten is just for shows that I feel are wrapped together nicely, or a complete and faithful adaption of an already complete source media (we don't see too many of these kind).
May 26, 2016 11:14 PM

Sep 2013
Gesu- said:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Fai
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LoneWolf
May 26, 2016 11:20 PM

Nov 2015
ichii_1 said:
Gesu- said:

To be fair the 2nd on has watched nearly 2.7k anime.
Neither of them have high drop rates.

In fact I'd say your case is odd because:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Mamster-P
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Robiiii
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapitalistGod

I'd say that number of dropped series has nothing to do with mean score..
0 dropped anime is pretty impressive though

But the reason why I say this is because if you look at some of the earlier replies you'll see a lot of "I have a high mean score because I drop shows I don't like instead of sitting through it like a masochistic bitch".
May 26, 2016 11:22 PM

Apr 2015
My mean is over 7 because I know my tastes and watch most anime according to it. 80% of the things I watch are good to me because I choose them wisely most of the times.
CG-SilverMay 26, 2016 11:27 PM
May 26, 2016 11:26 PM

Aug 2015
Mine is around 7 and i think its normal. anything over 7.5 is too high in my opinion and anything below 5.5 is too low.
May 26, 2016 11:37 PM

Jul 2012
Gesu- said:
ichii_1 said:

But the reason why I say this is because if you look at some of the earlier replies you'll see a lot of "I have a high mean score because I drop shows I don't like instead of sitting through it like a masochistic bitch".

Those three examples though are very different in a very obvious fashion though. The first person only rates shows that are a 10 and leaves everything else blank excluding 1 show, the second drops a large amount of shows %-wise and scores them, but even some of their dropped shows got fairly high scores, the third has a fair amount of dropped series but doesn't rate them. A lot of times it's been said people who drop shows simply won't add them to the list or delete them thus raising their mean score, other people won't rate either because they don't feel they watched enough to make a fair judgement but want to note they weren't a fan.
That being said I think the point they were trying to get across from my interpretation is people with a lot of dropped shows who rate said drop shows will probably tend to have a lower mean score because there's a larger % of shows weighing it down. I mean if you find someone dropping shows like mad rating them 1-4 their mean score will plummet really fast. Which might be a side condition of seasonal anime. You just happened to pick 2 people who don't rate dropped shows and 1 who strangely is cool with giving some of the dropped shows like 9s.
Quick Edit: Using their first example; however, that person drops a little over 1/10 of the shows they watch and rates them usually <=5 with 2 exceptions. If you were to take away that 10% of shows their mean score would probably climb quite a bit.
GamerDLMMay 26, 2016 11:48 PM
May 26, 2016 11:41 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
I give scores based on a balance of plot/character development and enjoyment- with plot/character development taking precedence. So if I enjoyed it anyway because it was quirky or unique or whatever even without an amazingly good plot, it will garner a lower score than something I've watched that was a bit dragging at parts but came with good plot/character development. So... I don't really pay attention to my average. That's just how I rate things.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

May 26, 2016 11:41 PM

Mar 2013
I don't watch bad anime hence I don't give bad score >_>
May 26, 2016 11:48 PM

Nov 2015
GamerDLM said:
Gesu- said:

Those three examples though are very different in a very obvious fashion though. The first person only rates shows that are a 10 and leaves everything else blank excluding 1 show, the second drops a large amount of shows %-wise and scores them, but even some of their dropped shows got fairly high scores, the third has a fair amount of dropped series but doesn't rate them. A lot of times it's been said people who drop shows simply won't add them to the list or delete them thus raising their mean score, other people won't rate either because they don't feel they watched enough to make a fair judgement but want to note they weren't a fan.
That being said I think the point they were trying to get across from my interpretation is people with a lot of dropped shows who rate said drop shows will probably tend to have a lower mean score because there's a larger % of shows weighing it down. I mean if you find someone dropping shows like mad rating them 1-4 their mean score will plummet really fast. Which might be a side condition of seasonal anime. You just happened to pick 2 people who don't rate dropped shows and 1 who strangely is cool with giving some of the dropped shows like 9s.

I can show you about 10 more users like these ones and I can link you to plenty of users with mean scores of 4 or 5 that have close to 0 dropped anime.
I can also show you examples of the exact opposite as well..

My point is; mean scores have nothing to do with drop rate..
May 26, 2016 11:57 PM

Jul 2012
Gesu- said:
GamerDLM said:

I can show you about 10 more users like these ones and I can link you to plenty of users with mean scores of 4 or 5 that have close to 0 dropped anime.
I can also show you examples of the exact opposite as well..

My point is; mean scores have nothing to do with drop rate..

I did do a quick edit to reference the prior users example, and I'm sure as with all rating system where people are free to make their own guidelines or rules there can be a wide variety of examples to defend both sides. But the point that was raised was do drop scores effect mean score, and if a person drops a larger % of shows will that weigh down their mean score, I assume most likely which is what I said.
I mean for every user that only gives out 9 or 10s you'll probably find some that only give out 1 or 2s.
As it was referenced by me way earlier in the thread the global average according to MALgraph is like 7.14. So much more people are much more positive about anime than negative would basically be the gist of this. That or the boost accounts are much more popular and widespread than the troll accounts trying to lower the rating on popular shows causing some immense fluctuation in the global average.
GamerDLMMay 27, 2016 12:05 AM
May 27, 2016 12:14 AM
Apr 2015
I know for me, and probably a lot of other people that fit into this category, I for the most part have only watched 'mainstream' anime, and anime that are usually rated pretty high. Also I have only been watching anime for around a year, and only started watching anime on a regular basis for around 6-8 months, so a lot of the people you are referring to are probably either new or only watching anime that are 'mainstream' or just generally thought to be good. At this point I am still very interested in anime, and usually find something new to me and interesting in almost every anime that I watch.
May 27, 2016 12:19 AM

Jul 2015
Yes, having a mean score of 7 means it's impossible for them to have given any shows low ratings because that's obviously how averages work.
May 27, 2016 12:24 AM

Oct 2015
My mean score is 6.51, I will usally put something that I find a 6/10 or lower on hold unless it's currently airing or if I'm getting close to the end of it. If I find something a 4/10 or lower then I pretty much drop it. While even 5/10 means it's okay/average I have too many other things I'm trying to watch far more that are better then to mess with a bunch of mediocre shows.
May 27, 2016 12:28 AM

Jan 2012
I know some people look at a 7 as 70% which by the grading system (at least the American grading system) is a "C" which basically mean average. Instead of going based off of the 7 = "Good" given by MAL, they us their own scale where 7 = "C" = average. So it may not be that they think everything is good, but rather they are using a different grading scale.
May 27, 2016 12:33 AM

Jul 2010
I usually give high scores compared to others and here are my reasons:

- I started using MAL almost as soon as I started watching anime. For example, I first watched Bleach and it was the best anime I have ever seen since then. So what is wrong in giving a 10 to my favourite anime? As years passed I eventually dropped score to Bleach. But this happens with other anime too. Say, I watch an anime and like it so much I give it a 9. Then I watch another anime and like it more. So I should give it a 10. I think if the scale was 0 to 100 it would be easier to sort out your points.

- For example, I see an anime with 8.35 average score and watch it. I don't particularly like it so I should score it a 5. But that would drop its average score and maybe it is only me who didn't get that anime's beauty. So I give it a 7. This happens so much with controversial animes. Also, as a young male, I sometimes watch Fujoshi anime but it is clearly not targeted for me. So do I have right to give it a 5 if its target audience likes it?

- Unlike most other people, I score according to overall enjoyment I had from series. I don't dig for plot holes. I don't punish anime stereotypes and cliches.

- Some anime are old. Like 1970-1980 animes. Should I score it comparing to current anime? Or be objective?

- Some anime are truly perfect, they deserve a 10. I can counter argument you with people who don't ever give a score higher than 8. Do you truly hate anime that much? Why watch it.

That doesn't mean my scoring is right. When I have time, I plan to score everything again. But there is another problem with this. I am watching anime for almost 7 years now. I don't know how to score an anime I barely remember from 7 years ago.
OonokamiMay 27, 2016 12:38 AM
May 27, 2016 12:49 AM

Jun 2014
I am just very easily satisfied, but the anime i gave 10's are f*cking masterpieces
May 27, 2016 1:06 AM

Oct 2014
antonn said:
Do people with a mean score lower than 7 suck at choosing what to watch?
I have a mean of 6.5 and most of my low rated shows I either picked up because they're popular or because they were airing at the time. Glasslip I watched because people have ironically labeled it as a must-watch anime. I recently noticed that generally anime that's popular or has gotten recommended to me by someone with different taste from me I don't tend to like while anime that I pick up because it simply looks interesting or cute to me I do tend to like, so I've been enjoying more of the anime I've been watching now.
May 27, 2016 1:07 AM

Nov 2009
Gesu- said:

Okay, my mean score is over 7. A typical anime I watch gets a score of 7, anime that were better than usual get a score of 8, and the really good stuff gets 9-10.
Sometimes I don't like what I watch. Scores of 5-6 go to boring stuff, and scores of 1-4 for stuff I find bad or offensive. It's not easy to offend me with an anime.

Yes, I literally like about 90% of anime I actually complete. And about 50% of the stuff that gets stuck in the "on-hold" state. Often enough, I don't bother watching, adding to the list or rating shows that I didn't like.
Yes, I am empathetic to fictional stories, and I often emphathise with anime characters.
Yes, all of the shows I rated 10 are awesome and worthwhile.
May 27, 2016 1:16 AM

Feb 2014
I guess I'm just good at picking shows I know I'll like. I also don't compare apples to coconuts while rating. I judge shows based on what they set out to do and to what extent they succeed in achieving it.
May 27, 2016 1:35 AM

Sep 2015
For me, 80% is how much I enjoyed the series and 20% is reviewing it critically. Lots of shows that I gave a 7 I really love but I do recognize that there are some flaws and I can see that it isn't a show deserving of an 8 or 9 even though based off my enjoyment it should recieve an 8 or 9.

I'm not a watch it all kinda guy, I pick out what I want to watch based on if I think I'll like it or not. Not going to waste time on something I won't like. If I have to drop a series I won't rate it either since I know it's my personal opinion and because I didn't finish the show I shouldn't be rating it since it's only fair to rate the whole product. Just so happens that I like anime as a whole and enjoy all the genres except Mecha and Gintama, haters gon hate.
May 27, 2016 1:46 AM

May 2015
a lot of casual viewers who just watch really mainstream stuff I know irl when asked what theyd rated a certain series, they usually respond with a much higher score than mine and also think mine are low

Fo said:
I'm sure some people are lucky enough to love everything they watch too.
what
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 27, 2016 2:02 AM

Aug 2013
Malarkey said:
Fo said:
I'm sure some people are lucky enough to love everything they watch too.
what
If you're giving every show you watch a 9 or a 10; and genuinely enjoy it that much. Then I'd say you're pretty lucky.

Like, to not be as jaded. That would be pretty cool I think.
May 27, 2016 2:05 AM
Sep 2015
I'll tell you. My not liking something does not certainly suggest I don't acknowledge it can be liked by others. What do I mean by this? Example time: I found HxH mostly uninteresting (besides the Phantom troupe arc which was a 10/10), yet I gave it an 8. Why? Because I acknowledge this is really high quality and very well written it's just not for me. I don't give bad scores simply because I didn't like something personally. I look at things objectively or at least try to, since I cannot help but be influenced by my emotions at least a little. But this still doesn't fully answer your question. Ok, I might usually give out high scores for good quality anime even if I don't like them but that doesn't answer how I always stumble upon good quality anime, right? The answer to this is simple: I do research. Time is limited. I don't have time to watch every thing that sounds remotely interesting, so before I watch an anime I read/watch reviews, hear other people's opinions and then decide whether I'm gonna at least enjoy it a little or not. So there's your answer. I rate things without letting my feelings affect my decision that much AND I only watch good anime(which might sound a little bit hypocritical but I mean "good" as in "high quality anime, that I can see how other people might like them even if I don't")
May 27, 2016 2:07 AM

Nov 2015
DioTsolakou said:
Maybe we just watch the "good" shows, and not every anime there is to watch in order to rate it bad. Like that troll Kamisama721. Maybe some of us don't want to be elitists, we don't want to point out every minor flaw on anime and then rate it a 5. I 've seen anime that I firstly liked very much, e.g. SAO, which I watched quite early. After I watched other shows like Steins;Gate I realised the major flaws of SAO and I decreased the rating I had given to it.

All in all, we don't want to be idiots like Comic Sans and Kamisama721 that point out every flaw of an anime to everyone, rate on a scale of 1-5, consider themselves higher than the rest and say things like "they have an unrefined taste".

P.S. The last thing was said by Kamisama721 on this thread. Sure he is a troll and tries to bait us. But no-one seems to report him for that behaviour because most people on MAL try to go with the popular opinion, even when they are opposed to it. For example, Comic Sans says OPM is bad, then everyone says OPM is bad even if they liked it.

Okay
1.You're generalizing. Not everyone who uses the 1-10 scale is a troll elitist bag of scum. Most of us just like to weigh out pros and cons and base our opinion on that.
2. You're taking these guys way too seriously. Comic_Sans in particular.
May 27, 2016 2:07 AM

May 2015
Fo said:
Malarkey said:
what
If you're giving every show you watch a 9 or a 10; and genuinely enjoy it that much. Then I'd say you're pretty lucky.

Like, to not be as jaded. That would be pretty cool I think.
I think youd typically get more jaded than ever since you like everything and anything then you woulddnt even have strong preference

DioTsolakou said:
Maybe we just watch the "good" shows, and not every anime there is to watch in order to rate it bad. Like that troll Kamisama721. Maybe some of us don't want to be elitists, we don't want to point out every minor flaw on anime and then rate it a 5. I 've seen anime that I firstly liked very much, e.g. SAO, which I watched quite early. After I watched other shows like Steins;Gate I realised the major flaws of SAO and I decreased the rating I had given to it.

All in all, we don't want to be idiots like Comic Sans and Kamisama721 that point out every flaw of an anime to everyone, rate on a scale of 1-5, consider themselves higher than the rest and say things like "they have an unrefined taste".

P.S. The last thing was said by Kamisama721 on this thread. Sure he is a troll and tries to bait us. But no-one seems to report him for that behaviour because most people on MAL try to go with the popular opinion, even when they are opposed to it. For example, Comic Sans says OPM is bad, then everyone says OPM is bad even if they liked it.
elitist = rating objectively or different taste

this makes me wanna take a break from mal
MalarkeyMay 27, 2016 2:14 AM
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 27, 2016 2:32 AM

Nov 2015
DioTsolakou said:

I take him seriously because I 've seen people say things like "Has Comic Sans reviewed it? Yes? Then I 'll watch it. No? Then it is shit and not worth to watch it" and other things along that line. As I said most people on MAL go with the popular opinion no matter what because they don't want to be hated/flamed and don't want to stand out.

About the generalisation, you are right. I generalised but I didn't want to make it sound like that.

You haven't been around long enough maybe?
No one actually takes her seriously. She doesn't even take herself seriously.
Besides, whatever you might've heard must've been a joke.
Comic_Sans opinions aren't even popular and most of us just play it off. It's all in good fun.
May 27, 2016 2:34 AM

Mar 2016
HoldTheDoor said:
Nope but in my case I only try watch those with a mal score of 8.0+ so more often than not, I end up liking whatever I'm watching. Also if I don't like an anime, I don't bother scoring it and just dropped it.

Those that have a mean score of under 7 are masochist or weebs I guess. Like they'd finish something that they scored 4 or under. You gotta be mental to waste your time watching something that you don't like..

I don't agree those with mean score less than 7 are weebs or masochist but less than 5 , i'd say they might be a bit harsh or a watch it all ( which i still don't understand why would someone force himself to watch every airing show in a season when obviously there are some that don't suit him/her . For , example I know anne happy, bakuon, endride,sansha sanyou or tanaka don't suit me much so never bothered with them ) . Or yeah Some might be masochists lol
May 27, 2016 2:40 AM

May 2015
DioTsolakou said:
Malarkey said:
I think youd typically get more jaded than ever since you like everything and anything then you woulddnt even have strong preference

elitist = rating objectively or different taste

this makes me wanna take a break from mal

I don't mean it in that way. You obviously didn't read what I said. I said they point out every flaw big or small to everyone.

Gesu- said:

Okay
1.You're generalizing. Not everyone who uses the 1-10 scale is a troll elitist bag of scum. Most of us just like to weigh out pros and cons and base our opinion on that.
2. You're taking these guys way too seriously. Comic_Sans in particular.

I take him seriously because I 've seen people say things like "Has Comic Sans reviewed it? Yes? Then I 'll watch it. No? Then it is shit and not worth to watch it" and other things along that line. As I said most people on MAL go with the popular opinion no matter what because they don't want to be hated/flamed and don't want to stand out.

About the generalisation, you are right. I generalised but I didn't want to make it sound like that.
What's the issue in pointing out flaws or inconsistencies? If you get affected by that it means you didn't really like the show that much.
Comic_sans has only one review so what are you talking about?
Also look at this profile picture and then try to take her seriously xD

Since you are talking about them at least invite them to the party @Comic_sans @Kamisama751
zalMay 27, 2016 2:46 AM
May 27, 2016 2:40 AM

Aug 2015
I didn't like everything I watched. >.>

Hyouka was shit! Death note was shit! AoT was shit! KLK was shit! Tokyo Ghoul was shit!
May 27, 2016 2:44 AM

Jun 2015
If you have 20 animes watched and your mean score is 5, then I think I could say you are watching the wrong animes for you, but if you have 1000 anime and your mean score is 5 then I can get it that over so many of them some of them didn't do it right. I watch something I enjoy FIRST, if I don't like it I won't watch it, thats why I have such a ridiculous mean scoare and that's why I don't get those who have so little anime watched and such a low mean score.
May 27, 2016 2:45 AM

Nov 2015
Z-Dante said:
KLK was shit!

"don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited"
Wait! You didn't even watch it!!
May 27, 2016 2:50 AM

May 2015
DioTsolakou said:
Gesu- said:

Comic_Sans opinions aren't even popular and most of us just play it off. It's all in good fun.

I 've been on MAL since last July. But I never read the comments people make on the forums. I just stated what I 've seen from a person who actually took Comic Sans and her opinion in all seriousness and wasn't trolling about that.
What I meant is, even for fun/trolling as you said, people like to be guided by others on their own opinions and blindly follow what is most popular. Remember the fuss about OPM and Erased? Where there were hundreds of threads saying they are shit. There were people who had rated OPM a 9 or 10 and the next day would change to a 4 or 5.
You are overlooking the mess Erased was at the end and that it broke many dreams of the shippers community. And you are not considering how anticlimactic the fights in OPM are and other stuff.

There are people that get influenced by others (maybe because they have a point) but this doesn't go only for your example just keep in mind that every season the hype train exists which is more relevant than individuals so you should start complaining how the hype train is ruining anime
DioTsolakou said:
zal said:
What's the issue in pointing out flaws or inconsistencies? If you get affected by that it means you didn't reallt like that show that much.
Comic_sans has only one review so what are you talking about?
Also look at this profile picture and then try to take her seriously xD

Since you are talking about them at least invite them to the party @Comic_sans @Kamisama751

The fact that they point out flaws to bait and annoy people. As I said I 've seen these things about reviews and stuff from other people. I 've never bothered to look on their profiles.
Still no issue there because usually it is the baited people's fault. Also not everyone has to agree with you.
You probably have been trolled.
May 27, 2016 2:52 AM

Nov 2015
DioTsolakou said:
Gesu- said:

I 've been on MAL since last July. But I never read the comments people make on the forums. I just stated what I 've seen from a person who actually took Comic Sans and her opinion in all seriousness and wasn't trolling about that.
What I meant is, even for fun/trolling as you said, people like to be guided by others on their own opinions and blindly follow what is most popular. Remember the fuss about OPM and Erased? Where there were hundreds of threads saying they are shit. There were people who had rated OPM a 9 or 10 and the next day would change to a 4 or 5.

Funny that you say that.
I just looked up it's stats and most of my friends gave it something between 6-9 with only one of them giving it a 1.

Also no correlation between bandwagoning and having mean scores.
May 27, 2016 2:57 AM

Aug 2015
DioTsolakou said:
HoldTheDoor said:
Nope but in my case I only try watch those with a mal score of 8.0+ so more often than not, I end up liking whatever I'm watching. Also if I don't like an anime, I don't bother scoring it and just dropped it.

Those that have a mean score of under 7 are masochist or weebs I guess. Like they'd finish something that they scored 4 or under. You gotta be mental to waste your time watching something that you don't like..

Well, you 'll find that there are some anime that have a MAL rating from 6-7 that are pretty good.

Well, you have to go through a hundred of them just to find that one or two good anime lol. It's not even worth unless you're trying to be some anime hippie.
May 27, 2016 2:57 AM

Mar 2014
DioTsolakou said:

All in all, we don't want to be idiots like Comic Sans and Kamisama721 that point out every flaw of an anime to everyone
Shitty anime with flaws deserve to have their flaws pointed out. What, are you trying to tell me I shouldn't have the right to say mean things about certain anime? Are you trying to restrict my freedom of speech?
rate on a scale of 1-5

Wow, it's amazing, there's literally no anime or mangos that literally have a rating over literally 5
consider themselves higher than the rest and say things like "they have an unrefined taste".
Don't we all think our taste is the best? Obviously you do, otherwise you wouldn't be bashing me in the first place
For example, Comic Sans says OPM is bad,
Because it's not like I rated OPM 7/10 or anything
then everyone says OPM is bad even if they liked it.
I want to see proof of thisHER
seriously because I 've seen people say things like "Has Comic Sans reviewed it? Yes? Then I 'll watch it. No? Then it is shit and not worth to watch it"
... But I've only written one review
and other things along that line. As I said most people on MAL go with the popular opinion no matter what because they don't want to be hated/flamed and don't want to stand out.
Lol, my opinions aren't even that popular
Well you shouldn't have
I 've been on MAL since last July. But I never read the comments people make on the forums.
Then how could you possibly know whether my opinions are popular are not?
I just stated what I 've seen from a person who actually took Comic Sans and her opinion in all seriousness and wasn't trolling about that.
"One person thinks X and does Y, that means everybody else also thinks X and does Y"
The fact that they point out flaws to bait and annoy people.
I don't, I do it because I have freedom of speech and I have the right to shit on shitty anime[quote]As I said I 've seen these things about reviews and stuff from other people. I 've never bothered to look on their profiles.
TyrelMay 27, 2016 1:13 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 27, 2016 2:58 AM
Jul 2015
Okay let me ask a question if you want to obtain 4 is it 2+2 or 3+1 or 4+0 or 8x=32
you can obtain that so objecting to my answer mean is that doesnt mean my answer is wrong its your looking to subject is different can you understand quantum physics i cant so if we analyze the geforce if we have not the geforce we could do awesome things like we dont drop in black holes etc etc short answer is my answer is not incorrect your point of look is wrong.
May 27, 2016 3:11 AM

Nov 2015
DioTsolakou said:

Haven't watched Erased so I can't talk. And what you said can go the other way. It's the people's fault that get hyped for anything and when I say anything I mean anything. From a sequel to a game franchise they 've never played to a movie with comic characters they 've never heard.

You're sidetracking your own arguments here.

Hyped or not rating an anime for what it is/what they think it is is pretty much what they're here to do.
Unlike getting baited, it's not their fault for not liking an anime..
May 27, 2016 3:14 AM

Aug 2015
Gesu- said:
Z-Dante said:
KLK was shit!

"don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited don't get baited"
Wait! You didn't even watch it!!
I'm the type of guy who can detect shit quality shows just by watching the first or second episode :3
And if I find anything shit, instantly dropped or deleted (on hold at best) without even rating them...
One of the reasons why my mean score is so high :>
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is the best character of Takehito Koyasu?

Jonas-K - Sep 2, 2023

18 by Ricchan__ »»
47 minutes ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre?

decco6226 - 57 minutes ago

1 by Eleben »»
47 minutes ago

» What's the most important feature in an anime for you?

new_Ango - 9 hours ago

28 by EpicO4 »»
49 minutes ago

» Do your favorite hentai tags reflect your desires in real life?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

12 by Ejrodiew »»
50 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - 7 hours ago

53 by GOD_USOPP34 »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.