Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 22, 2016 2:19 PM

Jan 2008
Subaru tries too hard, to the point of being a huge annoyance...the harder he tries, the more suspicious he makes himself look. And instead of lying to Rem about the vases, he should have just told her he was looking through various doors to see if he can find Beatrice again. And letting it all bottle up inside while putting up a facade would obviously lead to him breaking down later.
May 22, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
japaniMay said:
Fappa said:

Has a second season already been confirmed?

Unfortunately not. We can just pray that it's so well received in Japan, that we get another season. And the LN has to be published as well. That would be around 2 years. :P
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 22, 2016 2:23 PM

Nov 2011
Fucking awesome how they finally realize that Subaru's mind is going crazy.

That scene with Emilia was straight up beautiful. Extremely well done.

The connection with Rem, and Ram were hilarious and heartwarming as well.

Beatrice...I really thought I was going to hate her but she's hilarious. I love her when Subaru is teasing her.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 22, 2016 2:24 PM

Apr 2015
Oh also since some people were still haunted with the question why Emilia called herself Satella in episode 1 here you got the answer, it was a white lie.
May 22, 2016 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
This episode really emphasize the effects of those traumatic events that was being experienced by Subaru. He really did his best to rationalize his situation and repress those anxiety, but... yeah... he can not deny that he felt bad about it. Good job Subaru and you got your hizamakura reward from Emilia :3
Credits: @Fanatique1337
May 22, 2016 2:25 PM
Aug 2015

Ship ship ship ship ship...
May 22, 2016 2:28 PM

Feb 2015
Build-up episode with relaxing SoL scene from this episode :D really like it a lot and enjoyed it a lot. but i'm still wondering who is Emilia. or maybe, who is Satella. like what betty said, it's said that she was an half-elf with silver long hair. that is absolutely Emilia. i'm curious about that one.

on the other side, the scene before subaru barf so hard, that one was really disturbing, especially the soundtrack. but DAMN that sweet scene when subaru slept on emilia's lap x3 i ain't gonna call some romance cause it felt different from romance. and that scene was the most emotional scene i have ever seen from this series. didn't make me cry tho, but i felt the emotion, the feels..... Subaru......ya did a good job xD take it easy from now on kay ? xD Emilia-tan will let you sleep on her lap again so, take it easy.....x3 that scene was really sweet i'm not kidding. i really love it x3 at how Subaru confess/express his own emotion, his own feeling at everything that just happened, the hard stuff, the despair, the pain......then Emilia was besides him to comfort him to hear everything he felt while patting Subaru's hair.....smiling and giving some words while subaru was on her lap. LIKE, THAT WAS SO SWEET !!!! X3 X3

and so, we got a little bit info about the curse which killed Subaru and Rem in the previous episode, and the source of that curse was from the village which Subaru and Rem already visited in the previous previous episode. and i'm guessing, the dog is the source. that's the only thing which makes sense to me. and i'm glad Ram will be coming with them too. but at the same time, we don't know will those flower will become posion to Subaru or not so i'm a little bit worried XD expecting some big fight in the next episode...

again, Emilia's and Subaru's moment wasn't cute, it was sweet AF!!! XD
looking foward to the next episode XD XD XD

Edit: and btw, the comedy was still funny as usual xD especially with Puck xD
YizelTroMay 22, 2016 2:44 PM
May 22, 2016 2:28 PM
Apr 2015
Subaru the try-hard. I felt my mind becoming exhausted along with his.
May 22, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2007
Fappa said:
Oh also since some people were still haunted with the question why Emilia called herself Satella in episode 1 here you got the answer, it was a white lie.

That might be his line of thinking, but genre savvy watcher in me would not be surprised if she IS Satella and is just messing with him(and everyone).
May 22, 2016 2:29 PM

Nov 2011
I really love this show so far, if it continue like this, it will be in my top 5 favorite anime <3
May 22, 2016 2:30 PM
Nov 2015
Sometimes791 said:
japaniMay said:

Unfortunately not. We can just pray that it's so well received in Japan, that we get another season. And the LN has to be published as well. That would be around 2 years. :P

Ugh, that sucks :/
May 22, 2016 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
Sometimes791 said:
japaniMay said:

The light novel has had a sizable boost so the anime has definitely done it's job. It could have zero disk sales and still be a commercial success! There's 8 novels out so lots of material for continuation so chances are pretty good.

Of course none of this guarantees anything. For instance "The Devil is a Part-Timer" had similar success and did not get a second season.

Jul 2015
AmnesiA-chan said:

Count me in. But considering, the author is a sadist, he will enjoy screwing with their relationship. :(
Re:Zero nice troll ending.

Jul 2015
Ultranumbed said:
Xenocrisi said:
Why is this anime so good?

Definitely going to watch all episodes again when they're out. The wait is horrible

I might just watch them again right now. I really can't stand this anymore!

Feb 2015
Poor Subaru having a full on emotional meltdown. Who can blame him? Emilia is just an amazing character , love her. White Fox are really playing their A game with the series so far.
May 22, 2016 2:32 PM

Oct 2013
Cannot get enough of Beatrice!

Bonus:

Jan 2014
This series has gone from being one of the somewhat interesting on my list, to being the one I look most forward to every week. So a potential lead has now been found, the curse may happen in the village.

Arhh the wait ε-(≡д≡。)...

Nov 2011
Fai said:
Fappa said:

That might be his line of thinking, but genre savvy watcher in me would not be surprised if she IS Satella and is just messing with him(and everyone).

Not sure she can be the witch and don't smell the witch. Rem would hate her
May 22, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2014
Fai said:
So this episode pretty much spells out the thing that some people were too dumb to get last week - that Subaru's chuuni behavior is a front he uses to mask his fear and anguish.

Also some very nice info about the magic system and how works(just like with nasuverse seems to be based upon chakra system and the whole inward/outward mana idea). Also is it just me or did this imply that Shadow element is somehow connected to the witch or something? Since when Puck used that magic Subaru got flashbacks to the hand from last ep.

Anyway, this episode pretty much makes it clear that it is most likely the dog that bit Subaru(did he go to the village in the first loop?). If it is true, then it is really sad that **some** people pretend-speculate-spoiled it in the previous episodes already.

5/5

but didn't they say that it had to be physical contact between the shaman and the target, imao it would be much more likely to be one of the kids than the dog.
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
May 22, 2016 2:33 PM
Jan 2015
Fai said:
Fappa said:

Same here. What are the odds that the witch has the "same" physical characteristics as Emilia? Taking it with a grain of salt but not completely disregarding it.
May 22, 2016 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
The scene when Subaru starts to cry with Emilia really get me. The poor dude has passed through so much shit it's understandable he was in such state. The seiyuu here really nailed the scene, to the point it's sounds really realistic.
Subaru didn't die this episode, but even when he doesn't die, he still suffers. At least he got some moments with Emilia this time.

Apart of that, we got some worldbuilding of how the magic of the world works, how the curses are produced and who is the Witch of Envy Satella.

And that thing that Beatrice mentions about curses being transmited by physical contact and Subaru remembering that he was probably cursed in that village (since it was the only physical contact he had without counting the Roswaal mansion residents), makes me think that he gained the curse when he was

Cannot wait to see the resolution of this arc.

Fappa said:
IllyricusMay 22, 2016 3:51 PM
May 22, 2016 2:34 PM
Apr 2015
I liked it because it shows Subarus emotions and how much pressure it takes on him from all the deaths he's experienced so far
May 22, 2016 2:35 PM

May 2016
Loved the episode. We got to catch a break after how intense Episode 7 was. Subaru needed to cry his lungs out, he really did and Emilia is an angel.

As a manga reader I'm very excited cause next episode will be the first time I won't know what's going to happen!
May 22, 2016 2:36 PM

May 2014
This anime is soooo much better than I originally anticipated.

That lap pillow scene was very sweet. Seeing how much Subaru has been affected by his multiple (gruesome) deaths is fantastic. He always puts on that overly optimistic/energetic persona to deal with his stress, but it doesn't work anymore. Its good that he has Emilia to comfort him now :)

Also, Puck is always so goddamn adorable.
May 22, 2016 2:40 PM

May 2015
This arc has been awful but it seems next 2 episodes could finally end this pain.
This episode Subaru has been even more annoying than usual, girls still stereotyped and the breakdown scene kinda cheap solution to his stress.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2007
pteroz said:
Fai said:

Not sure she can be the witch and don't smell the witch. Rem would hate her

We don't know enough about the whole "Witch smell" right anyway and wether it is something she is supposed to give off or if it is something akin to biblical mark of cain. That would be easiest way to hide yourself, would it not? To have a specific thing associated with you that you do NOT have.

As they said this ep that someone tried to destroy her in the past, I would not be surprised if she is weakened and hiding this way(they did say she was not destroyed, right?). That would also explain the need for Subaru as a pawn.

I just find it very freaking curious that as Beatrice describes to Subaru on how the witch was jealous of love, we have Emilia, who also is a half elf with silver hair, literally be Subaru's anchor and consolation right now. That's way too in line with what the witch would want, if she were her, would it not? Not to mention that Puck also stated that Emilia is also desperate for interaction and relationships, few episodes ago.

Ultranumbed said:
Fai said:

Same here. What are the odds that the witch has the "same" physical characteristics as Emilia? Taking it with a grain of salt but not completely disregarding it.

I know. I would be willing to suspend my disbelief in overall if this was any other anime, but this so far actually went out of fits way to lampshade or subvert cliches and treated most of stuff realistically. So I doubt its as simple as "oh its just a coincidental similarity" as Emilia put few episodes back.
May 22, 2016 2:42 PM

Apr 2015
Illyricus said:

May 22, 2016 2:43 PM

May 2010
great episode! damn subaru, so lucky!!!
May 22, 2016 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
I felt the earlier episodes were more exciting but im warming up to the mansion arc. The maids are cute but I keep flashing back to the brutal murders so I'm conflicted man... lap pillows ftw
May 22, 2016 2:46 PM

Oct 2012
Seems like this is the last pass then? (though it really seemed like bad end half-way through when Subaru started going crazy). The lap pillow was nice I guess (and the low angle too). Though now I also have to think about what's the deal with Emilia/Satella, seeking the love and claiming only 6 out of 7 deadly sins.
Is it possible Subaru or Emilia is the last one she needs? And what kind of sin is it - perhaps wrath, pride or lust?

So the village it is.. I just wonder where is the catch.
May 22, 2016 2:47 PM
Feb 2013
Holy crap :c

I definitely love this anime... It makes the audience really empathise with the MC almost as if we, can feel his emotions as well and I think that is really great. If some huge plot twist happens though, its really gonna hit the audience since we've almost connected to the MC on an emotional level. I think the producers/writers/author did a really good job in engaging with the audience... It's gonna be a damn roller coaster ride of feels this animu... :'c

(please don't die anymore until the next checkpoint... the scene with Emilia-tan is simply something that must not be forgotten *.*)
May 22, 2016 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
SpawnOfSatan said:
So you watched Chinese raw eh?

That's why his descriptions on each episode are shit. He just wants to be the first one to post it. It is pretty sad.
Previously: BlueXRam
May 22, 2016 2:49 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:

Is it possible Subaru or Emilia is the last one she needs? And what kind of sin is it - perhaps wrath, pride or lust?

The way I saw it Satella was also described for a sin? Jealousy. So eating the other six deadly sins means she is only one left herself.
May 22, 2016 2:51 PM

Oct 2014
Another Based Episode, this Time with Information, World Building, some shipping, and showing some Idiots People why Suffaru was acting like that.

I especially find the information about the Witch interesting, and how it seems that Emillia is a clone of her or something. Maybe Emillia is the Seal or something like that?
May 22, 2016 2:52 PM
Aug 2015
Sometimes791 said:
AmnesiA-chan said:

Count me in. But considering, the author is a sadist, he will enjoy screwing with their relationship. :(

Yeah. Probably :C

May 2016
Yeah, there are no other sin witches left.

The quick transition from Subaru's exposition to barf scene kinda startled me but it shows how it continues until he just can't.
Feb 2013
uran10 said:
Calm before the storm episode?

Oh gosh... Please don't...
Jan 2011
Mich666 said:
Seems like this is the last pass then? (though it really seemed like bad end half-way through when Subaru started going crazy). The lap pillow was nice I guess (and the low angle too). Though now I also have to think about what's the deal with Emilia/Satella, seeking the love and claiming only 6 out of 7 deadly sins.

So the village it is.. I just wonder where is the catch.

Satella already possessed the title of the witch of envy when she swallowed the other six witches. Also her swallowing half of the world and being sealed happened already 400 years ago. I think this information was mentioned in the novel at this point though they omitted it in the anime probably because of not enough time.

Feb 2015
Back-to-back weeks with superb, emotional episodes. The pacing for this show is great; I hope there's no filler.
May 22, 2016 2:53 PM

Jan 2015
Cuteness overload, lap scene was the best scene from 8 episodes. "Please tell me your name" in episode 4 i think, was pretty great too
May 22, 2016 2:54 PM

Jan 2014
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L...Refers to Rem &Ram going mad and looking at him with disgust and resentment in the previous episodes...Perfect way to let it all out...

May 22, 2016 2:55 PM

Jan 2016
Another amazing episode! Re:Zero does not disappoint
May 22, 2016 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
This show is really too damn good.
May 22, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2016
The pics that Gandalf put up says all.

(Also that underview)
May 22, 2016 2:59 PM

Jul 2013
Fappa said:
Illyricus said:

Damn you, 3rd arc. You made me more and more hyped each week TwT

It's surprising how much this anime has interested me when it wasn't even in my original list of this season.
May 22, 2016 3:02 PM

Apr 2009
Hes known these people for a little while yet already this upset and attached to them ;p

Xenocrisi said:

good story ? , some good action its just good
May 22, 2016 3:04 PM

Oct 2012
Fai said:
The way I saw it Satella was also described for a sin? Jealousy. So eating the other six deadly sins means she is only one left herself.

You are right, that's more likely. Still, I wonder how Emilia fit into this - is she really Satella or not? (just her body to be awakened by Subaru - kiss perhaps?). And each time they are talking about evil witch I always think that it would make a nice twist if she really isn't bad, just another girl who needs to be saved.

And as far as I'm concerned the legend about eating her sisters could also be misinterpreted over the time or a plant by someone who wanted to do her harm.
Mich666May 22, 2016 3:09 PM
May 22, 2016 3:04 PM

Nov 2014
The psychological aspect of this show is so wonderfully done, I've completely fallien in love with this series <3

It's a much lighter episode compared to the intense one last week, but now I'm kinda scared to see what'll happen next week haha
KannaAyasakiMay 22, 2016 3:10 PM
May 22, 2016 3:05 PM

Jul 2007
ColdBreeze said:
Fai said:
If Satella is Emilia wouldn't that mean she died (so easily) in episode 1?

Well as I said above they did say that there was an attempt to destroy her but they could not do that completely.

Obviously since she supposedly went from "devouring half the world" or whatever to messing around with Subaru as a pawn(which is what I guess is going on since the witch smell and Subaru's own self realization that him being there is way too convenient), its only obvious she got weakened or something.
May 22, 2016 3:07 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
AForgottenSoul said:
Hes known these people for a little while yet already this upset and attached to them ;p

Xenocrisi said:

good story ? , some good action its just good

He's a shut-in, no wonder he's getting attached so fast when he gets along with people like in this case.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.