Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2016 10:00 PM

Dec 2012
Heart sank when I refreshed my list to see that update earlier. I really feel like they have scale to make this 24-26 episodes, considering Mumei's brother is still up in the air as well as how there are classes of Kabane. I hope it turns out to be split cour, hopefully with the next season coming this fall.
May 21, 2016 5:12 AM
Mar 2016
if i have to chose between kabaneri and AOT
i will chose AOT
i like this anime the best for this season but not like Aot best anime ever
May 21, 2016 6:19 AM
Aug 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
Sadly, I think it's best that way. It already showed signs of dipping during episodes 4 and 6. At least it still looks and IS good. It's better than going Evangelion on us and having crayon drawings used for animation towards the end.

Evangelion was made in 1995 and the studio was very close to going bankrupt. What the hell are you talking about...
zal said:
NemuriNezumi said:

manga: http://myanimelist.net/manga/97916/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri

novel: http://myanimelist.net/manga/98575/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri (seems like there's gonna be two volumes; one to be released in july, and the other in august)

novel/prequel: http://myanimelist.net/manga/98576/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri__Akatsuki
As shown by Code geass, I wouldn't put much hope in a manga based off an anime. There's a big chance it will be bad.

But Code Geass the anime is pretty bad itself. lol.

BlueBalls said:
I would be down for a prequel anime about how the virus started.

I'm hoping we'll get flashbacks/backstories of the "virus" in this series though.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AversaMay 21, 2016 6:33 AM
May 21, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2015
On_the_Lam said:
zal said:
As shown by Code geass, I wouldn't put much hope in a manga based off an anime. There's a big chance it will be bad.

I've seen it when I was watching only shounen so at the time it was THE SHIT.
It is arguable if the anime is good or bad however the manga is complete trash. I've read some chapters here and there and it was awful because it was just a lesser version of the anime without the vantages that the manga as a medium offers. Just imagine watching the anime with frozen frames.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2016 6:26 AM
Aug 2015
bastek66 said:
Why do you care so much for second season? Maybe story will be concluded with these 12 eps.

We're 6 episodes in and nothing significant has happened thus far. I doubt 6 episodes will be enough to conclude the story we have yet to be introduced to.
Horizon355 said:
Gaelenmyr said:
The other day I was joking about the series, "what if the whole series takes place in train"?
Seems like it will. LOL

If it's the case, then rating will drop

Not necessarily. Most of Baccano takes place in a train as well, even though I don;t think it's as good as people make it out to be...

neo_carnage5 said:
Unless they plan to troll everyone with a horrible ending, there is no way this series can end in 6 episodes. It has to be an open ending. We still have quite a bit things to cover, imo, such as:

1) Mumei's full backstory
2) Kongokaku (where the anime will most likely end)
3) The truth/history of the Kabane and Kabanari
4) The different Kabane races (eg. Wakazaki and Fused Colony)
5) The true antagonists (it's obvious that there are)
6) Mumei's "brother" and his whole ordeal + possibility of human massacre
7) Character Background of Support Characters and Development of all characters.
8) Finding a cure (Ikoma states he wanted to go to Kongokaku to assist)

The anime will most likely end when they reach Kongokaku.

Although all that does sound promising and interesting, the series up to this point has been quite episodic and much time has been wasted on Kabane sneak attacks.

zal said:
On_the_Lam said:

It is arguable if the anime is good or bad however the manga is complete trash. I've read some chapters here and there and it was awful because it was just a lesser version of the anime without the vantages that the manga as a medium offers. Just imagine watching the anime with frozen frames.

That's the main reason why I don't read manga in the first place. Novels are a different thing, but adapting existing anime into manga seems kind of pointless to me.

What do you mean by "vantages"?

AversaMay 21, 2016 6:35 AM
May 21, 2016 6:39 AM

Apr 2016
On_the_Lam said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
Sadly, I think it's best that way. It already showed signs of dipping during episodes 4 and 6. At least it still looks and IS good. It's better than going Evangelion on us and having crayon drawings used for animation towards the end.

Evangelion was made in 1995 and the studio was very close to going bankrupt. What the hell are you talking about...
zal said:

By the Evangelion statement I mean that I hope Kabaneri doesn't lose all animation quality towards the end. Given that this show came out 21 years after Evangelion, it would be embarrassing to see such a high profile modern anime produce a kindergardener's level work of animation. Even then, Evangelion had some corners cut in hopes of the animation not turning to nothing towards the end, even though that failed. Kabaneri isn't doing the same, so to see its animation fall to Tokyo Ghoul Root A levels, or even worse, would be a shame for the most hyped anime of the season, so, with 12 episodes, they managed to reduce the risk, even if they didn't diminish the possibility entirely. Also, say what you will about Code Geass, but you still have to admit that the overall quality of that show's animation hardly faltered at any point.
May 21, 2016 6:43 AM
Aug 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:

By the Evangelion statement I mean that I hope Kabaneri doesn't lose all animation quality towards the end. Given that this show came out 21 years after Evangelion, it would be embarrassing to see such a high profile modern anime produce a kindergardener's level work of animation. Even then, Evangelion had some corners cut in hopes of the animation not turning to nothing towards the end, even though that failed. Kabaneri isn't doing the same, so to see its animation fall to Tokyo Ghoul Root A levels, or even worse, who'll be a shame for the most hyped anime of the season, so, with 12 episodes, they managed to reduce the risk, even if they didn't diminish the possibility entirely. Also, say what you will about Code Geass, but you still have to admit that the overall quality of that show's animation hardly faltered at any point.

Tokyo Ghoul was animated by Pierrot, so there's that. Besides, most series nowadays have a better planned budget from start to finish. I don't particularly think that Kabaneri has a great animation, but it's alright I guess.
May 21, 2016 6:52 AM

May 2015
On_the_Lam said:

zal said:

That's the main reason why I don't read manga in the first place. Novels are a different thing, but adapting existing anime into manga seems kind of pointless to me.

Why do you read the novels then?
Whatever the reasons, those reasons probably apply to manga too because manga as a medium is between the novel and the anime. Manga has some ways of telling the story that can't be really imitated by the anime but Code geass' manga didn't make use of them so it didn't add any value to the story.

CodeBlazeFate said:
On_the_Lam said:

By the Evangelion statement I mean that I hope Kabaneri doesn't lose all animation quality towards the end. Given that this show came out 21 years after Evangelion, it would be embarrassing to see such a high profile modern anime produce a kindergardener's level work of animation. Even then, Evangelion had some corners cut in hopes of the animation not turning to nothing towards the end, even though that failed. Kabaneri isn't doing the same, so to see its animation fall to Tokyo Ghoul Root A levels, or even worse, would be a shame for the most hyped anime of the season, so, with 12 episodes, they managed to reduce the risk, even if they didn't diminish the possibility entirely. Also, say what you will about Code Geass, but you still have to admit that the overall quality of that show's animation hardly faltered at any point.
Evangelion's animation issues were due to unforeseen circumstances, Digibro did a video about it. However animation doesn't mean only frames per second and quality of the images. Most anime don't achieve Evangelion's level of animation even nowadays (excluding frames and quality of drawings which are mostly a limitation of the technology at the time)
zalMay 21, 2016 6:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2016
zal said:
On_the_Lam said:

Whatever the reasons, those reasons probably apply to manga too because manga as a medium is between the novel and the anime. Manga has some ways of telling the story that can't be really imitated by the anime but Code geass' manga didn't make use of them so it didn't add any value to the story.

CodeBlazeFate said:

Evangelions animation issues were due to unforeseen circumstances, Digibro did a video about it. However animation doesn't mean only frames per second and quality of the images. Most anime don't achieve Evangelion's level of animation even nowadays (excluding frames and quality of drawings which are mostly a limitation of the technology at the time)

Even still, while Evangelion has impressive fights, you can't deny that the final few episodes dipped in quality to the point where crayon drawings are occasionally used as substitute. Having 26 episodes didn't help the issue nor their diminishing budget. If such a thing were to happen to Kabaneri of The Iron Fortress, THAT would be laughable. Especially considering the high quality of animation and little fun bits the show has. It would probably diminish dangerously had they went all out with 25 episodes at this rate, so, 12 is a good number to stop at for now. Especially since the AOT fans are getting more riled up than ever seeing that this had more priority over at Studio Wit that their first big project, Attack on Titan.
May 21, 2016 7:10 AM

May 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
zal said:

Evangelions animation issues were due to unforeseen circumstances, Digibro did a video about it. However animation doesn't mean only frames per second and quality of the images. Most anime don't achieve Evangelion's level of animation even nowadays (excluding frames and quality of drawings which are mostly a limitation of the technology at the time)

Even still, while Evangelion has impressive fights, you can't deny that the final few episodes dipped in quality to the point where crayon drawings are occasionally used as substitute. Having 26 episodes didn't help the issue nor their diminishing budget. If such a thing were to happen to Kabaneri of The Iron Fortress, THAT would be laughable. Especially considering the high quality of animation and little fun bits the show has. It would probably diminish dangerously had they went all out with 25 episodes at this rate, so, 12 is a good number to stop at for now. Especially since the AOT fans are getting more riled up than ever seeing that this had more priority over at Studio Wit that their first big project, Attack on Titan.
"Evangelions animation issues were due to unforeseen circumstances" <- reread. They had to remake an episode because of some bombing happened those days for more details click here. Unless something very big happens Kabaneri won't have the circumstances of evangelion. However it is normal to lower the quality of the show in less important moments and rise it in intense action scenes or key moments, almost every anime does that.
May 21, 2016 7:19 AM

Apr 2016
zal said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

"Evangelions animation issues were due to unforeseen circumstances" <- reread. They had to remake an episode because of some bombing happened those days for more details click here. Unless something very big happens Kabaneri won't have the circumstances of evangelion. However it is normal to lower the quality of the show in less important moments and rise it in intense action scenes or key moments, almost every anime does that.

I see. Let's just hope that the WHOLE animation doesn't falter, since that's the last thing an action show like this needs, much less one with such hype behind it.

This is one of the longest comment quote/reply chains I've ever seen...
May 21, 2016 7:28 AM

Dec 2014
12 episodes? I was expecting 24 ... there should be a second season
May 21, 2016 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
Really been enjoying this one so was really hoping it was going to be at least 24 episodes. Really hope there will be a season 2.
May 21, 2016 9:59 AM

Sep 2010
it's rare for a noitamina show to have more than 12 episodes (out of the 55 series aired in the noitamina block, only 8 went beyond the 13 episode mark), so it's not too surprising to see kabaneri with jsut 12 episodes.

while i think a sequel is highly unlikely, the way the show is atm leads me to believe that the last episodes will be a info dump along with a rush ending (assuming that there won't be a second season)

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
May 22, 2016 6:43 AM

Aug 2014
Bad news (for me)

I think this series needed much more episodes, it needed for some good twist to happen, maybe then the atmosphere will get a bit darker and things will start to go outside of a typical action zombie flick.

With these news now, I'm not sure if Kabaneri (story and characters) will be "good" or even "average" by the last episode.
May 22, 2016 11:49 AM
Oct 2010
keragamming said:
Daw11 said:
I don't think that they can make an anime without a director, the production of Snk s2 probably started only this year, right after Araki ended most of his work on Kabaneri.

Kabaneri is still in production actually. Both series are being worked on at the same time.

if i owned studio WIT.. and checking on HOW super POPULER this Series goes..
on twitter... and sales.. and everything..
i would bet my money and Go all OUT on season 2

just look at those crazy twetts.. every second.. every day.. everyone keep hash tagging kabaneri mumei etc

and did u know the 37.800 yen and 64.000 paintings +40.000 +40.000 +40.000 [a total of 5 paintings 221.800 yen] with haruhiko mikimoto signed
sold out in 30 seconds? *i know it because i want to buy 2 paintings...but its too late..FUCK!

http://www.witstudio-onlineshop.net/SHOP/WS010026.html

my point is... hell even AOT fans can wait another 4 years just for season 2..
why kabaneri cant? maybe 2018-2019 is quite good ..

except WIT studio makes another try try to dice..VAMPIRE of the Iron Castle or some other shit..

who knows ayame can become a kabaneri just like mumei in season 2
moncikomaMay 22, 2016 12:00 PM
May 27, 2016 3:54 PM

Apr 2014
Crap, I was hoping this would be 24 episodes since it would better justify the delay of Attack on Titan. SnK better be 50 episodes or something lol.
May 27, 2016 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
Protaku said:
Crap, I was hoping this would be 24 episodes since it would better justify the delay of Attack on Titan. SnK better be 50 episodes or something lol.

And that's why snk season 2 will air in fall 2016 dispite popular belief that it got delayed to 2017, from that rumor article. But come July 3 with that snk event we will find out the truth.
Jun 2, 2016 6:47 PM

Jan 2009
Well that was expected since Attack on Titan is gonna start a few months from now, but I'll be really pissed off if they rush the ending instead of making a second season.
Jun 2, 2016 11:18 PM

Dec 2014
I think they will end it on a open note....
Jun 3, 2016 12:38 AM
Oct 2010
ibraheem234 said:

u mean like open ending?
i dont understand what does it mean.. hmmm
Jun 3, 2016 3:25 AM

Dec 2014
moncikoma said:
ibraheem234 said:

u mean like open ending?
i dont understand what does it mean.. hmmm

I mean the will end it on a open note without actually concluding the story....

like travelling in the train in search for a safer environment or something
Jun 3, 2016 3:31 AM

Apr 2014
Sad shit. I was expecting it to be 24+ episodes.
Jun 3, 2016 3:54 AM

Jan 2014
>Threatens her life
>She gives wrong key to save her life
-"Hmm,it seems they dont trust us yet"

No shit sherlock...WOW...Quality script...

And this is what happens if you use fireworks in a zombie apocalypse...Ofc Kabaneri will attack the city SMH...
Jun 4, 2016 11:32 AM

Mar 2009
It's noitamina. This should have been expected from the beginning. Hell, their shows used to only be 11 episodes. At least we're getting one more.
Jun 23, 2016 11:30 PM
May 2012
keragamming said:
Darklight0303 said:
Hoping desperately for a second season

If that happens don't expect a second season until 2018/2019 the earliest.

this is just PATHETIC & UNACCEPTABLE EXCUSE because of planning to air Attack on titan season 2 on 2017.

Mormegil said:
It's noitamina. This should have been expected from the beginning. Hell, their shows used to only be 11 episodes. At least we're getting one more.

Talk about production value. Even Guilty Crown, Psycho-pass, Samurai Flamenco & etc.

The question is, will it possible be season 2? When is it? Nobody knows. Plain and simple.
JafriZinJun 23, 2016 11:35 PM
Jun 24, 2016 4:27 AM

Oct 2013
@JeffreyZin I don't think you can make that conclusion until you see how the series ends, to me it seems like the story will be wrapping up next week, so there might not even be a plan season 2 in the future.

Also I don't see how is a "PATHETIC & UNACCEPTABLE EXCUSE" they are a studio which means they have plan schedule for other series as well, not only snk but also magus bride, and who knows the other series they are working on that they haven't announce yet.

Season 2 hasn't been confirm to be delay, that was just rumour so I'm sticking to the 2016 release date at least until that snk event on July 3, if we got nothing in that event then it will most likely be coming out in 2017.

Anyways I think you're being unfair here, the studio is small and they can't be working on multiple series at the same time, unless you're saying they should pause production of snk and all the other series they are working on and just work on a kabaneri season 2.

If that's the case that's just you being selfish here, again we don't even know if they even plan to make a season 2 for this series. That all depends on how it ends and how well it sells.
keragammingJun 24, 2016 4:45 AM
Jun 24, 2016 10:13 AM
Oct 2010
keragamming said:
@JeffreyZin I don't think you can make that conclusion until you see how the series ends, to me it seems like the story will be wrapping up next week, so there might not even be a plan season 2 in the future.

Also I don't see how is a "PATHETIC & UNACCEPTABLE EXCUSE" they are a studio which means they have plan schedule for other series as well, not only snk but also magus bride, and who knows the other series they are working on that they haven't announce yet.

Season 2 hasn't been confirm to be delay, that was just rumour so I'm sticking to the 2016 release date at least until that snk event on July 3, if we got nothing in that event then it will most likely be coming out in 2017.

Anyways I think you're being unfair here, the studio is small and they can't be working on multiple series at the same time, unless you're saying they should pause production of snk and all the other series they are working on and just work on a kabaneri season 2.

If that's the case that's just you being selfish here, again we don't even know if they even plan to make a season 2 for this series. That all depends on how it ends and how well it sells.

i prefer a movie...
just like macross Frontier

same story... but different outcome.. an upgrade in animation and plot
Jun 25, 2016 10:10 PM
May 2012
moncikoma said:
same story... but different outcome.. an upgrade in animation and plot

An alternate retelling plus the ending should be more than that.
Jun 25, 2016 10:14 PM

Mar 2015
This isn't worth wasting more money on, unless they want to discard episode 7 on and rewrite it, which also wouldn't be a great business decision.

Wit, use your skills on a good story please.
Jun 27, 2016 6:08 AM
Oct 2010
FloatingIdiot said:
This isn't worth wasting more money on, unless they want to discard episode 7 on and rewrite it, which also wouldn't be a great business decision.

the manga still goes on...
if by some chance the manga have a different story... it would be interesting... to get a 2nd season...

i hope there is no biba in the manga :v

a novel also coming..
1. kabaneri akatsuki [2 years before ikoma infected..] story focus on ayame x kurusu and ikoma x takumi
2. unknown
3. unknown
Jun 28, 2016 12:43 AM
May 2012
You know @FloatingIdiot, am I the only one who actually care about this anime especially original-based and so the other shows are? Am I started to feel unhappy about this?

IF this show ends where:-

I was getting goosebumps in the first episode but after the last 11 episode, since when it's become dumb & stupid after it went from 'escape from zombie apocalypse' into Guilty crown-like scenario? Welp, that's fucking ichiro okuchi for me.

Don't ask me why am I felt this way because I'm simply a big fan of anime & is just that I'm feeling too passionate over it.
Jun 28, 2016 1:38 AM
Feb 2016
They will end this with big cliffhanger, then we'll have to wait 2 years for continuation :)
Jun 28, 2016 2:15 AM

Mar 2015
moncikoma said:
FloatingIdiot said:

the manga still goes on...
if by some chance the manga have a different story... it would be interesting... to get a 2nd season...

i hope there is no biba in the manga :v

a novel also coming..
1. kabaneri akatsuki [2 years before ikoma infected..] story focus on ayame x kurusu and ikoma x takumi
2. unknown
3. unknown

It would be interesting... but the chances of that happening are extremely remote. Has such a thing ever happened in the history of anime/manga?
JeffreyZin said:
You know @FloatingIdiot, am I the only one who actually care about this anime especially original-based and so the other shows are? Am I started to feel unhappy about this?

IF this show ends where:-

I was getting goosebumps in the first episode but after the last 11 episode, since when it's become dumb & stupid after it went from 'escape from zombie apocalypse' into Guilty crown-like scenario? Welp, that's fucking ichiro okuchi for me.

Don't ask me why am I felt this way because I'm simply a big fan of anime & is just that I'm feeling too passionate over it.

I get the feeling that they left it open to the possibility of going to 2 seasons, and then decided against it for some reason, hence why you get the rushed villain and sloppy world development.
Aug 22, 2016 11:10 PM
May 2012
Everybody please stating the obvious one more goddamn time.

I mean I still don't understand why everyone in this MAL are just nothing but elitist dicks who reacts differently than mine & it doesn't matter to me anymore.

IF I gonna say

in here, I get ignore right? In fact, people just don't give a fuck about it & take it as an excuses.

sigh it's better than nothing. all right that's it, you win. I lose. I AM DONE.
JafriZinAug 22, 2016 11:28 PM
Feb 28, 2017 6:38 AM
Nov 2016
Everyone seems to hate this but I had an absolute blast watching.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Apr 24, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.