Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 20, 2016 8:12 AM

Oct 2013
So now we have confirmation. What's your prediction? Will this end with a open ending? Or will they wrap everything up?

http://kabaneri.com/package/sp/03/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2016 8:16 AM

Apr 2011
Saddest news I've seen today.

I think it will have an open ending.

May 20, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2008
Hoping desperately for a second season
May 20, 2016 8:19 AM

Oct 2009
2nd season お願いします!!! :D

May 20, 2016 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:

If that happens don't expect a second season until 2018/2019 the earliest.
May 20, 2016 8:23 AM

Oct 2009
keragamming said:
Darklight0303 said:

That's sad, but if they push through with the season 2 of SNK this year or next year, then I'm good. :)

May 20, 2016 8:26 AM

May 2015
Thug_Gou said:
Are you making things up or is it written that there would be a 2nd season?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2016 8:29 AM

Oct 2009
zal said:
Thug_Gou said:
Are you making things up or is it written that there would be a 2nd season?

xD It just means "please"

"2nd season please!!!!"

no official announcements of a 2nd season.

May 20, 2016 8:30 AM

Apr 2016
Sadly, I think it's best that way. It already showed signs of dipping during episodes 4 and 6. At least it still looks and IS good. It's better than going Evangelion on us and having crayon drawings used for animation towards the end.
May 20, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
Darklight0303 said:

WIT is fucking slow, they started production on Kabaneri in 2012, it took 4 years to make 12 episodes.

AoT season 2 will also have been almost 4 years in the making when it airs winter 2017, they managed to make 3 magus bride OVA's scheduled for release between september 2016-17.

The studio is doing so well they should increase production capacity already. Kabaneri looks like a hit, it's a good time for investment.
May 20, 2016 9:00 AM

Dec 2009
Just noticed this when I updated, that really sucks. I'm enjoying this one.
May 20, 2016 9:05 AM

Oct 2013
BlueBalls said:
keragamming said:

WIT is fucking slow, they started production on Kabaneri in 2012, it took 4 years to make 12 episodes.

AoT season 2 will also have been almost 4 years in the making when it airs winter 2017, they managed to make 3 magus bride OVA's scheduled for release between september 2016-17.

The studio is doing so well they should increase production capacity already. Kabaneri looks like a hit, it's a good time for investment.

That is a rumour it hasn't been confirm to come out in 2017. Actually episodes are being produce for Kabaneri even now, basically it has been in pre production for years.
May 20, 2016 9:07 AM

Oct 2015
I hope that we get a 2nd season, if I stay interested in this I may just switch to the manga but I'll still watch the 2nd season if it happens.
May 20, 2016 9:08 AM

Aug 2014
Definitely going to have an open ending, mainly because KnB seems to be pretty popular from what I have seen of polls so far, so they'll likely be trying to milk it more if possible. And tbh, I do want a 2nd season myself, it's not great but it's atleast good.
May 20, 2016 9:08 AM
Dec 2012
I was hoping for more than 12 episodes, oh well.
May 20, 2016 9:17 AM

Sep 2014
well thats how it goes. Harem ecchi high school animes get second seasons but not something like this.
I really hope we will see more of this!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 20, 2016 9:19 AM

Jun 2012
if the ending is good enough then I don't mind having only one season

- I only draw freestyle! -
May 20, 2016 9:35 AM

Sep 2013
with the way the anime is going they can't wrap up in 6 episodes a second season is a must but we won't get it right away
May 20, 2016 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
-_-
worst bombshell
May 20, 2016 10:03 AM

Oct 2013
MattKitsune96 said:
I hope that we get a 2nd season, if I stay interested in this I may just switch to the manga but I'll still watch the 2nd season if it happens.

There's no manga to read lol
May 20, 2016 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
it's a zombie show, ofc it's gonna be open ended.
May 20, 2016 10:19 AM

Jun 2012
keragamming said:
MattKitsune96 said:

manga: http://myanimelist.net/manga/97916/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri

novel: http://myanimelist.net/manga/98575/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri (seems like there's gonna be two volumes; one to be released in july, and the other in august)

novel/prequel: http://myanimelist.net/manga/98576/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri__Akatsuki

May 20, 2016 10:22 AM

May 2015
NemuriNezumi said:
keragamming said:

novel: http://myanimelist.net/manga/98575/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri (seems like there's gonna be two volumes; one to be released in july, and the other in august)

novel/prequel: http://myanimelist.net/manga/98576/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri__Akatsuki
As shown by Code geass, I wouldn't put much hope in a manga based off an anime. There's a big chance it will be bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2012
zal said:
NemuriNezumi said:

As shown by Code geass, I wouldn't put much hope in a manga based off an anime. There's a big chance it will be bad.

I'm only interested in the novels so I don't reallly care for the manga itself tbh
but I was just showing him that yes, there's an ongoing manga series

May 20, 2016 10:29 AM

Oct 2013
NemuriNezumi said:
keragamming said:

Is this going to start after where the anime ends? If not my poiny still stands.
May 20, 2016 10:39 AM

Mar 2008
The other day I was joking about the series, "what if the whole series takes place in train"?
Seems like it will. LOL
May 20, 2016 10:45 AM

Jun 2012
keragamming said:
NemuriNezumi said:

Is this going to start after where the anime ends? If not my poiny still stands.

there's an ongoing manga adaptation, that's a fact

even if it's directly related to the content of the anime it's still a manga adaptation, if you want new stuff you should read the prequel novel when it's released

May 20, 2016 10:45 AM

Mar 2013
Gaelenmyr said:
The other day I was joking about the series, "what if the whole series takes place in train"?
Seems like it will. LOL

If it's the case, then rating will drop
May 20, 2016 10:56 AM

Apr 2015
Too bad but I'm pretty sure they'll do a season 2 based on its popularity eventually. I'd really take this over snk any day :/
May 20, 2016 12:02 PM

Apr 2016
Good. There is no way they could stretch it to 2 cour without dropping the animation quality, which is one of the only things going for this show.
May 20, 2016 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
Gaelenmyr said:
Seems like it will. LOL

If the end result is like that of Snowpiercer then I'm cool with it.

May 20, 2016 1:03 PM

Jul 2015
I would be down for a prequel anime about how the virus started.
May 20, 2016 2:13 PM

May 2009
Why do you care so much for second season? Maybe story will be concluded with these 12 eps.
May 20, 2016 2:41 PM
Aug 2014
BlueBalls said:
keragamming said:

How do you know that they started in 2012?
May 20, 2016 3:27 PM
Apr 2009
Why are people so obsessed with these things having more than one season? I understand that this is an enjoyable series but sometimes these things are better when they're short and to the point.

I can see this series wrapping up by the 12th episode. One of the characters want to go to that one station for an unspecified reason, for all we know the reason could be due to a possible solution to the Kabane problem.
May 20, 2016 4:51 PM

Oct 2013
Raz1515 said:
Too bad but I'm pretty sure they'll do a season 2 based on its popularity eventually. I'd really take this over snk any day :/

I have no idea why you brought up snk, no one is forcing you to watch snk if you don't like it don't watch it. Are wit studio having a gun to your head forcing you to watch snk? Lmao!

Snk has no effect on whether kabaneri get a second season or not. So you can breath easy mate.

@NemuriNezumi -_- you completely miss the point, the user said he will probably pick up the manga after the anime ends. Implying he is going to read the manga yo see the continuation, when that isn't the case.
keragammingMay 20, 2016 5:01 PM
May 20, 2016 5:00 PM

Apr 2015
keragamming said:
Raz1515 said:

I have no idea why you brought up snk, no one is forcing you to watch snk if you don't like it don't watch it. Lmao

Snk has no effect on whether kabaneri get a second season or not.
yes it does since they're both made by the same studio and wit isn't exactly known for making more than one anime per season/year, so of course both shows are related in terms of production
May 20, 2016 5:14 PM

Oct 2013
Raz1515 said:
keragamming said:

I have no idea why you brought up snk, no one is forcing you to watch snk if you don't like it don't watch it. Lmao

Snk has no effect on whether kabaneri get a second season or not.
yes it does since they're both made by the same studio and wit isn't exactly known for making more than one anime per season/year, so of course both shows are related in terms of production

but shouldn't snk fans be the one complaining since they're waiting for the second season for 3 years and this series is definitely the reason snk season 2 hasn't aired yet?

keep in mind this is Kabaneri first debut so I doubt wit studio was even thinking of making a second season when they have no idea if it will be successful or not. heck we don't even no if this series will get a second season. They could wrap up the story right now, not like the story was anything deep in the first place for it to be longer than 12 episodes.....

That part with snk was just unnecessary really, and it felt like you just wanted to vent your frustration on something and snk was the perfect one to vent it on, which is pretty childish really.
keragammingMay 20, 2016 5:17 PM
May 20, 2016 5:20 PM

Apr 2015
keragamming said:
Raz1515 said:

but shouldn't snk fans be the one complaining since they're waiting for the second season for 3 years and this series is definitely the reason snk season 2 hasn't aired yet?

keep in mind this is Kabaneri first debut so I doubt wit studio was even thinking of making a second season when they have no idea if it will be successful or not. heck we don't even no if this series will get a second season.

That part with snk was unnecessary really.
lol you even said it yourself that the shows affect each other. So I have every right to state my opinion which is wanting to see another season of kabaneri instead of snk. I personally like it more and based on the popularity polls for this season, kabaneri is leading a lot of them, and that's why I said that a 2nd season isn't far fetched. Don't know why you're so upset of someone stating their preferences
May 20, 2016 5:23 PM

Jan 2013
I'm still lol-ing at the people who honestly think this is better than SnK.
May 20, 2016 5:28 PM

Oct 2013
Raz1515 said:
keragamming said:

keep in mind this is Kabaneri first debut so I doubt wit studio was even thinking of making a second season when they have no idea if it will be successful or not. heck we don't even no if this series will get a second season.

That part with snk was unnecessary really.
lol you even said it yourself that the shows affect each other. So I have every right to state my opinion which is wanting to see another season of kabaneri instead of snk. I personally like it more and based on the popularity polls for this season, kabaneri is leading a lot of them, and that's why I said that a 2nd season isn't far fetched. Don't know why you're so upset of someone stating their preferences

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1491928

check that link out, the entire 2017 has slots already taken up for noitaminA, snk season 2 could not even be airing in 2016 or 2017 Kabaneri would still not be released.

also wit has been working on kabaneri since 2012!! dont forget its not being adapted from a manga, so it takes time to write the story board ect. whether you like it or not snk has no way of affecting kababneri in the first place.

Kabaneri affects snk season 2, so no! it doesn't go both ways. and yes I am butthurt because you are blaming snk season 2 even though it cant possible affect Kabaneri if it gets a season 2 that is

Educate yourself more about how the anime industry works before talking bullshit.

marian11 said:
I'm still lol-ing at the people who honestly think this is better than SnK.

Nah, ignorant folks are more annoying for me. People can like what they like.
keragammingMay 20, 2016 5:35 PM
May 20, 2016 5:37 PM

Apr 2015
keragamming said:
Raz1515 said:

check that link out, the entire 2017 has slots already taken up for noitaminA, snk season 2 could not even be airing in 2016 or 2017 Kabaneri would still not be released.

also wit has been working on kabaneri since 2012!! dont forget its not being adapted from a manga, so it takes time to write the story board ect. whether you like it or not snk has no way of affecting kababneri in the first place.

Kabaneri affects snk season 2, so no! it doesn't go both ways. and yes I am butthurt because you are blaming snk season 2 even though it cant possible affect Kabaneri if it gets a season 2 that is

Educate yourself more about how the anime industry works before talking bullshit.
it's not "blaming", I'm just saying the fact that whenever there's snk season 2, there most probably won't be a kabaneri season 2 at the same time, and I would rather have the latter. And if you get so butthurt and can't accpet other people's opinions, then that's your problem
May 20, 2016 5:42 PM

Oct 2013
Raz1515 said:
keragamming said:

it's not "blaming", I'm just saying the fact that whenever there's snk season 2, there most probably won't be a kabaneri season 2 at the same time, and I would rather have the latter. And if you get so butthurt and can't accpet other people's opinions, then that's your problem

-_-what you just said don't make no fucking sense! its like you didn't even read what I just write. I pretty much gave you facts why your point is invalid, but instead you are steering clear from the point.

I'm butthurt because you're ignorant to how the anime industry works. Jesus I fucking hate talking to people like you, I even put the effort in explaining to you why you are wrong, but no! you want to stay ignorant!

how do you even learn in school???? I swear smh
May 20, 2016 5:45 PM

Dec 2015
Unless they plan to troll everyone with a horrible ending, there is no way this series can end in 6 episodes. It has to be an open ending. We still have quite a bit things to cover, imo, such as:

1) Mumei's full backstory
2) Kongokaku (where the anime will most likely end)
3) The truth/history of the Kabane and Kabanari
4) The different Kabane races (eg. Wakazaki and Fused Colony)
5) The true antagonists (it's obvious that there are)
6) Mumei's "brother" and his whole ordeal + possibility of human massacre
7) Character Background of Support Characters and Development of all characters.
8) Finding a cure (Ikoma states he wanted to go to Kongokaku to assist)

The anime will most likely end when they reach Kongokaku.
May 20, 2016 5:52 PM

Apr 2015
keragamming said:
Raz1515 said:

-_-what you just said don't make no fucking sense! its like you didn't even read what I just write. I pretty much gave you facts why your point is invalid, but instead you are steering clear from the point.

I'm butthurt because you're ignorant to how the anime industry works. Jesus I fucking hate talking to people like you, I even put the effort in explaining to you why you are wrong, but no! you want to stay ignorant!

Those "facts" don't prove that snk doesn't affect kabaneri. The fact is that they're both made by the same studio and they're bound to affcet each other's production one way or another. It's your problem if you're finding what I'm repeatedly saying complicated. I made myself clear and I don't need to keep defending my opinion against someone so close minded.
P.s. sorry I didn't go to anime school like you obviously did lol
May 20, 2016 5:57 PM

Oct 2013
Raz1515 said:
keragamming said:

Those "facts" don't prove that snk doesn't affect kabaneri. The fact is that they're both made by the same studio and they're bound to affcet each other's production one way or another. It's your problem if you're finding what I'm repeatedly saying complicated. I made myself clear and I don't need to keep defending my opinion against someone so close minded.
P.s. sorry I didn't go to anime school like you obviously did lol

smh, fyi wit studio is currently working on both snk season 2 and kabaneri at the same time. so tell me this, where the fuck does Kabaneri season 2 comes into this???????????????????????????? if you didn't know they are still working on Kabaneri episodes every week. You've just learn something new, but knowing ignorant you, you will probably ignore my valid points once again.

knowledge is power my friend, I'm giving you knowledge on how the anime industry works, base off research and what I've heard from others, but you don't want that knowledge you want to continue to be ignorant.
keragammingMay 20, 2016 6:01 PM
May 20, 2016 6:01 PM

Sep 2014
Aww man, pretty disappointed in this news. I really was hoping for 24-25 episodes.
May 20, 2016 6:06 PM

May 2013
I don't think that they can make an anime without a director, the production of Snk s2 probably started only this year, right after Araki ended most of his work on Kabaneri.
May 20, 2016 6:08 PM

Oct 2013
Daw11 said:
I don't think that they can make an anime without a director, the production of Snk s2 probably started only this year, right after Araki ended most of his work on Kabaneri.

Kabaneri is still in production actually. Both series are being worked on at the same time.
May 20, 2016 6:13 PM

Aug 2010
Only 12 episodes.... there better be a second season. I'm too attached to this series for it be that short.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Today, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.