Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 19, 2016 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
In most cases i don't care about spoilers, i end up watching the show and try to enjoy it regardless. That said i still would rather not get spoiled.
May 19, 2016 8:51 AM

Oct 2015
Not nearly as sensitive as most. Of course I will try to avoid spoilers but if I see one I'll only be a bit irritated at most. "Minor" spoilers don't bother me at all.

It's about the journey, not the destination for me.
May 19, 2016 9:12 AM

Mar 2015
not sensitive at all... i even oftenly spoil my self... spoil me!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 19, 2016 9:29 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
If it's anime I honestly don't care anymore. Unless it's a series that is airing and to die for but that rarely happens anymore.

Although if it's a video game I will lose my shit if I see any spoilers.
MeleMay 19, 2016 9:32 AM
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

May 19, 2016 11:59 AM

Apr 2016
TokyoSanchez said:
I really hate spoilers, so much so that I try to go into a show completely blind. All I like to know about a show before watching it is the genre, the studio and staff behind it, and the seiyuu.

Same here, most of the animes I watch, I just see a small clip of. For my first anime, girl's bravo, I just saw the banana scene, decided to watch it from that. Had no clue what it was about till I watched it.

For zero no tsukaima, I just knew it was a guy that went to another world before I watched it. It's a much better experience knowing nothing about an anime before I watch it, but the challenge is knowing if I'll like it or not, without looking in the description.

SunnyOWX said:
Overly sensitive. I don't even want to listen to the op and ed before watching
Yea the opening sort of spoils it sometimes. For sword art online it does,

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedMay 20, 2016 10:28 AM
May 19, 2016 1:35 PM

Mar 2016
I dont drop the anime but i get really sad.
The worst is when the spoiler comes in a way you cant really predict or avoid.
Like the danganronpa wiki where they put all the spoilers in the first lines.
Or when they put spoilers in the title of a video that apeared on my reccomended list of Youtube.

May 19, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
I hate spoilers so much that if I knew that person personally I would beat the person up for being a self righteous jerk. >_>

I don't mind TV series spoilers but if it's things I can be interested about like anime, games, movies, tv series (i'm interested in) I would not forgive the person :|
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

May 19, 2016 1:52 PM
Apr 2015
For me it depends on the anime but usually i do not care and continue watching the anime as normal.
May 19, 2016 1:53 PM

Apr 2015
I love spoilers without context, they make me wanna go on watching even more to know how that certain spoiler shaped up.
For example, to find out a certain character dies but without knowing when or how really excites me.
May 19, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
i hate them so much , especially about "who will die" or "who the mc will end up"
they make the show less exciting :"(
i try hard to avoid them
May 19, 2016 2:08 PM
Jul 2009
Very sensitive. Depending on how big of a spoiler it is, i might just drop it.
May 19, 2016 3:36 PM
Sep 2015
I looooove spoilers, I even actively seek them out through forums, wikis etc. Doesnt matter if its a movie, anime, tv show, manga or whatever. I have to do this before I watch or read anything or i wont feel safe. Sometimes its also because theres a mystery element and i cant wait until a few episodes later so i just read the spoiler first.

There are very very few exceptions where i control myself to not, iirc Bokurano's manga and ergo proxy are the only ones that i didnt read spoilers on.

All of my friends hate spoilers and avoid them like the plague though, so whenever im reading up on spoilers when they're around they would call me crazy and whatnot. :(
Estella_UltearMay 19, 2016 3:49 PM
May 20, 2016 8:48 AM

May 2015
I don't like spoilers, but they don't ruin a show for me. A good show will be good the second time around. A good show relies more than simply surprising me. So what if I know what will happen? Seeing it for myself is different?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 20, 2016 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
I can get mad enough to send my house on fire
May 20, 2016 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
In non-mystery (mostly action) anime: doesn't matter
In mystery : don't even think about it

Reasoning:
The core of mystery IS the staff you should figure out.
In non-mystery I don't care if X character dies/switches sides/appears anything. The main aspect of those animes are their journey. And you should be enjoying that even if you know:

Anyway
Those of you who have finished Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch:
would it have ruined your enjoyment if you knew the final outcome?

And now to the Fate/zero fans:
Can an anime be good even if you know the outcome?

I think the secon section could help :)
May 20, 2016 10:26 AM

May 2015
Whenever I hear the word "spoiler" I faint. If I saw a spoiler, I'd cry and then die.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
May 20, 2016 12:18 PM

Apr 2016
I saw a spoiler for sao, but I forgot it!!!!! :D Best thing that ever happened to me!
May 20, 2016 12:27 PM

Jun 2008
Spoilers rarely bother me. Why? For the most part, words don't do justice to the situtation and secondly, most spoilers aren't that detailed to what really happened. Example, I read spoilers about a character going to die in Clannad: After Story. When I read it I was a bit hurt of who it was but didn't have any emotional attachment to that spoiler. When I finally saw it in context, I cried like a baby.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

May 20, 2016 12:37 PM

Jan 2016
I think it should be legal to deport whoever makes spoilers in a galaxy far, far away.
May 20, 2016 1:00 PM

Feb 2016
How sensitive? Mmm let s say i feel like john snow in the last ep of the 5 season lol ..each spoiler a stab right in the belly
May 20, 2016 1:06 PM
Aug 2015
spoilers ruin my life every time. damn the spoilers
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2016 4:55 PM

Aug 2012
I'd be pissed at first, especially if it's one of my favorite things to watch because I like surprises. But, eventually i'd forget it, once it's not close to what's happening now in the anime.
May 20, 2016 4:58 PM

Dec 2014
I don't really care about them. Usually if I get spoiled, it's my fault anyway. It won't stop me from watching/reading.
May 20, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2013
It's rare that I'll get spoiled because I never read the thread. One of the couple benefits of that.

When I do I punch my computer though. It sucks a lot especially if it was show I'm watching or was planning on watching.
May 21, 2016 12:55 AM

May 2010
To the point I'm quite angry, but not to the point I start crying over it, I guess?
May 21, 2016 2:05 AM

Dec 2014
"I'd rather not even know what an anime is about when I start watching it."

Lol bruh how can you even...
Then you don't even read synopsis and so on? Not knowing a single cent about it?
Man lol I should at least know what Anime I will watch though I too hate spoilers and my blabbermouth friend who does spoiler 'because it is cool'.

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
May 21, 2016 2:13 AM
Jan 2016
I don't really care and sometimes spoilers can even be the reason I started to watch/read something or it can make me continue something I was going to drop.
May 21, 2016 2:28 AM

Mar 2016
I spoil myself. So u can say i am not sensitive.

I never thought this would be my 100th post in forums.
May 21, 2016 2:29 AM
Dec 2012
I hate spoilers for anime I really like.
May 21, 2016 2:59 AM

Aug 2014
i got pranked recently and its gonna be the last time i will ever click spoilers

....srsly such big spoilers.. under a small spoiler tag.. atleast add ''warning warning''somthing like that...

May 21, 2016 3:56 AM

Jan 2015
Doesn't bother me at all. Sometimes I check to see how an anime ends before deciding whether or not to watch it.
May 21, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2016
If its a small spoiler that is predictable then I am fine. However I get really annoyed by huge spoilers because it takes away the surprise factor from the anime and makes it less enjoyable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2016 9:06 AM

Dec 2013
I don't like spoilers, It spoils the fun for the Anime I am watching because I already know what will happen. There's 2 cases:

1- If an Anime I am watching got spoiled I will still watch it but I won't enjoy the moment that much. But it depends, Some moments I got spoiled, Some I did enjoy some not.

2- If I was spoiled about an Anime that I was gonna watch, I won't watch it, Maybe I will start watching it after some time.
May 21, 2016 9:12 AM
Aug 2011
Not at all , the anime is still good to watch even when I get spoiled..

I even spoil myself a lot of time , when I can't wait lol , Wikia's the best!
May 21, 2016 9:34 AM

Oct 2015
Super hate, most of the times spoilers take the excitement of unpredictable shows such as CG.
May 21, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2015
I spoil myself by reading the manga for the anime, if that counts.

caught in the wonder
May 21, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2015
I need to know what the anime is about before I watch it (or else why tf would I pick it)
But spoilers kill me. Especially character deaths. Don't do that to me.
May 21, 2016 11:27 AM

Feb 2014
Very sensitive. I don't even watch the openings just to avoid spoilers about characters, powers etc, just skip them and watch them once there is a new opening or i have finished watching the serie. If someone spoils something from the anime i'm currently watching, i will still finish it but won't enjoy it that much because of that.

''Then you don't even read synopsis and so on? Not knowing a single cent about it?''
Yep. Well usually just check the genre and the main picture for the anime. That's pretty much it.
May 21, 2016 12:44 PM

Jan 2012
They don't affect me in the slightest.
May 21, 2016 1:08 PM

Dec 2012
Well I don't encounter them much since I don't read about shows I haven't seen and I prefer the "blank slate" approach going into a show/movie only knowing what's in the plot description or the trailer. I'd guess I'd be in the "I don't like them" camp.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 21, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
I'm in the extreme minority here- I actively look for spoilers most of the time. (Please don't kill me!)

I enjoy reading synopses, analyses, image boards, etc. of many shows and video games before I watch or play them...I see it as a way for me to try and visualize how the characters get to that certain situation. I think my brain is just way too over-imaginative so I enjoy releasing all of my unused daydreaming functions to come up with different scenarios that led to the "massive spoiler event..." if that even makes any sense to anyone haha.

...for example, I'll read the last couple chapters of a book or browse the forums of the last couple episodes of an anime so then I can start coming up with a story of my own about how every single action eventually reached the ending...and then often times I end up surprised at either how far off I was or how close I was.

I think this is ultimately my way of investing even more into a particular work of fiction.

...But the hardest thing for me is trying to contain my rambling so I don't spoil everyone else @.@ (as clearly shown in this post itself...I ramble on and on a lot...heheh)
May 21, 2016 1:18 PM

Dec 2015
Worst thing in existence. Still salty about being spoiled on a certain important event in TTGL, didn't stop me from enjoying the series but still...
May 21, 2016 1:25 PM

Jan 2016
My sensitivity to spoilers in a nutshell:

I loved playing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time until I saw a video with random facts about that game (and it said it didn't contain any spoilers), spoiled this huge mystery I was dying to know about -> never played the game again
May 21, 2016 1:27 PM

Jul 2010
It depends of the show... If I care little, I'll care little for spoilers ; if I care about it a lot, I'll become overemotional over spoilers.
May 21, 2016 1:29 PM
Sep 2015
I've spoiled far too many things to myself because I'm a bloody moron and look up things on the internet when I don't understand something and inevitably come across lots of spoilers. Most of the time I don't mind, but sometimes when it's major plot twists like something from Monogatari I came across in a reddit comment once I get very disturbed. I still haven't forgiven the dumb shit who tagged this as a normal spoiler and not an LN spoiler.
May 21, 2016 1:35 PM

Jan 2015
I used to not care about spoilers before but now I do and when I get spoiled, it's some major thing every time ~_~
May 21, 2016 1:39 PM

Oct 2010
depends on the series. Some random harem or comedy series, no big deal. Something more serious and with a plot twist, big deal.
May 21, 2016 1:59 PM

Oct 2013
UnpopularAnime said:
I am very sensitive. I'd rather not even know what an anime is about when I start watching it. Not a big deal if I do though.

I'm sort of like rhat myself though I need to know what it is i'm getting into before I bother with it so i watch like half a trailer or read the summary but at the same time I'm on the cautious side coz even they can reveal too much or give me the wrong impression. Especially trailers lol fuckin hell they stuff the whole movie in em now. I don't talk to people about hit sometimes coz even the slightest thing can ruin it for me.

Someone thinks its cool to tell me something which really doesn't tell me much but they now have me expecting something and usually my expectations are greater or sometimes I'm told suttin VERY small but its also cool and the person who told me is like impressed or suttin but now I won't be lol I wanna walk in on it without any knowledge like you so just keep it to yourxelf man.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 21, 2016 2:51 PM

Dec 2015
I'm also a little sensitive to spoilers. After all, most watch anime/read manga to discover what happens for, not ask for what happens first and then watch/read it but anyone can ask for spoilers or refuse spoilers. It's all opinion.
May 21, 2016 3:20 PM

Jan 2016
I have a very poor memory, so I tend to forget most spoilers for things I haven't seen or experienced yet. As far as anime goes, I'm also terrible with the Japanese names, so if you tell me someone's going to die, I won't even know who it is.

Even if I do happen to remember, part of the fun of the experience is actually seeing how the situation plays out. So all is not lost.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 19 minutes ago

4 by Teirayo »»
2 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 3 hours ago

12 by BitChilly »»
4 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

104 by APolygons2 »»
4 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 9 hours ago

27 by BitChilly »»
7 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 8 hours ago

22 by BitChilly »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.