Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 15, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
Okay, I must say that I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode. That was good.

Kacchan is freaking insane. The dude need a therapist. The complex is real.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 15, 2016 11:03 AM
Dec 2012
A perfect episode deserving nothing less then 10/10. Boku no Hero Academia showing yet again why it's the best shounen every created with no equal.
May 15, 2016 11:11 AM

Mar 2016
Great episode!
Deku has really improved, and even though he is weaker than Kacchan he won.
But Kacchan is really annoying... he should stop acting like an idiot. -.-
May 15, 2016 11:11 AM

Nov 2015
That was pretty awesome, from the music to the visuals, really good episode. And Iida's acting as a villain is defintely oscar worthy.
Looking foward for the next one!!
May 15, 2016 11:16 AM

Feb 2014
The whole fight was absolutely thrilling and was a joy to watch. Bakugo's rage faces were certainly insane and his attacks were properly crazy too.

Still, Izuku held his ground, fought back really well and even under intense pressure, came up with a plan that secured him and Uraraka the win.

Iida's attempt at being a villain....oh boy, his expressions were amusing! Uraraka's reaction to that made the whole scene funnier too! XD

This show has been really enjoyable so far and I hope Bones can keep this up all the way towards the end. =)
May 15, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
eworm said:
This here arc would be pretty cool if not for how forced it is. Seriously, I can't be the only one hating how the Bakugo guy is written, right? He could have been such an interesting character if he was a character and not just "evil". This episode finally tried to justify his unreasonable and over-the-top hatred for the main character... and they ruined it.

Fighting against one's pride is a solid character arc, but come on, we have to see where the pride comes from and how it became what he is now. Instead, we're shown that he was good at skipping stones and learned some kanji early - boom, he is now obsessed with being treated like a god. That's not transition; that's not even the same person! Or rather it is exactly the same person - as in, he still has a mind of a five year-old, meaning the flashbacks could have just as well been to five minutes ago. Seriously, we are to believe he's a teenager? With this kind of obsession over this kind of nothing?

Let's say he was a kid in the right place at the right time and used his Quirk to help a hero save a bunch of people, then got all over the news, people praising him everywhere, claiming he's the next All Might - that would have been a plausible reason for him to get as arrogant and full of himself as he is shown to be now. Then he could feel heavily insulted by being offered help from the Quirkless lame kid. But just being good at childish games - ones completely unrelated to either hero-ness or even his Quirk in general - wouldn't have such an effect on him. At most he would try to best the main character in every class or something, not immediately go insane and try to beat him half to death.

And I can't help but feel that seeing the main character suddenly manifest an incredible Quirk would at most caused Bakugo to violently demand an explanation - then maybe he would demand a battle to prove his explosions are still greater. That was way too against all logic and common sense. The character in general is.

It seems like they're going to develop his character further on, which is very much needed - I just wish he made sense to begin with.
....eh not rly. I mean, Bakugou only got this mad cause he thought deku was laying with him all these years, Pretending to be inferior even though he had such a powerful quirk. Suddenly when u were at the top,then that kid at the dead bottom who is always there, suddenly rises next to u. with no explanation or good reasoning. From what ive seen, Bakugou isnt evil. He doesnt go around kicking cats and all that. Hes just extremely...EXTREMELY prideful. Deku hurt that pride. But whatever, i read the manga so ofc i know alittle bit more about him. Honestly, i will just guarantee that he isnt just painted as evil. (He's probably the most complex character). People around him praised him for his amazing quirk. even before that he had followers. The guy grew up with alot of praise and feeling he deserved. I mean he did actually deserve it.

hes actually my favorite character xD

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
May 15, 2016 11:49 AM

Apr 2011
Tsukkimaru said:
yuyyuka said:
Ok, the villain comments keep coming. I see why people think like that, but:
shitty personality=/=wants to cause chaos and destruction.

Get used to it, if they don't read the manga people are going to keep this up until *that part* is animated, same with the sasuke comments.

You are right. It still bugs me though so I wanted by this little comment to separate the two. I know anime-only people will believe that being an awful person leads automatically to being a villain but yeah we know better.

Off topic but: Nice to see you in these threads. We haven't talked since the OnS ones!
May 15, 2016 11:56 AM

Apr 2016
Lol, how is Bakugo at a hero academy, and not at a villain academy?
May 15, 2016 12:10 PM

Feb 2015
eworm said:
This here arc would be pretty cool if not for how forced it is. Seriously, I can't be the only one hating how the Bakugo guy is written, right? He could have been such an interesting character if he was a character and not just "evil". This episode finally tried to justify his unreasonable and over-the-top hatred for the main character... and they ruined it.

Fighting against one's pride is a solid character arc, but come on, we have to see where the pride comes from and how it became what he is now. Instead, we're shown that he was good at skipping stones and learned some kanji early - boom, he is now obsessed with being treated like a god. That's not transition; that's not even the same person! Or rather it is exactly the same person - as in, he still has a mind of a five year-old, meaning the flashbacks could have just as well been to five minutes ago. Seriously, we are to believe he's a teenager? With this kind of obsession over this kind of nothing?

Let's say he was a kid in the right place at the right time and used his Quirk to help a hero save a bunch of people, then got all over the news, people praising him everywhere, claiming he's the next All Might - that would have been a plausible reason for him to get as arrogant and full of himself as he is shown to be now. Then he could feel heavily insulted by being offered help from the Quirkless lame kid. But just being good at childish games - ones completely unrelated to either hero-ness or even his Quirk in general - wouldn't have such an effect on him. At most he would try to best the main character in every class or something, not immediately go insane and try to beat him half to death.

And I can't help but feel that seeing the main character suddenly manifest an incredible Quirk would at most caused Bakugo to violently demand an explanation - then maybe he would demand a battle to prove his explosions are still greater. That was way too against all logic and common sense. The character in general is.

It seems like they're going to develop his character further on, which is very much needed - I just wish he made sense to begin with.

Not sure if trolling or just really off misinterpretation of the character. It isn't just about reading kanji and skipping stones, it's the fact that Bakugo has always been the best at everything he's done. Not only that, but he also misinterprets Deku's kindness as being looked down, because since he's the best- why would he need any help? His personality itself may be over-the-top but the backstory and his superiority complex makes perfect sense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2016 12:18 PM

May 2015
As usual, great adaptation. Bakugo was actually characterized very well in anime format, and it's finally made more clear just how delusional he is. Liked the conflict All Might dealt with on whether he should stop the fight as a teacher or let it continue as courtesy to his pupil. Then Izuku decides to give up both of his arms to win the match! I can't imagine the resolve it took to take an explosion head on and willingly break your own arm... That SMASH was hype though!

May 15, 2016 12:20 PM

May 2015
That was amazing! I really liked Deku and Bakugo's fight. The animation for it was well down. The flashbacks, even if there were many, helped push the fight forward. And Bakugo's superiority complex makes me laugh so much! I wonder if he'll ever be that tsundere I want him to be and show some compassion for Deku? I really hope so. And of course Iida was hilarious trying to be evil.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
May 15, 2016 12:49 PM

Feb 2015
not gonna lie, this is the best episode...so far. i didn't expect Deku would punch the ceiling. and that was one hell of a punch. great action overall especially DAT soundtrack at the ending of the action. damn Epic!.

looking foward for the next episode.
May 15, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
Excellent episode. I was wondering how Deku was going to get through this, and I am very happy with the result.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 15, 2016 12:53 PM

Sep 2012
Worst episode so far imo. They made Bakugo so unlikable, it's not even funny, and those flashbacks felt a bit unnecessary, a side character explaining us it would have been enough.

That Detroit Smash was amazing though.
May 15, 2016 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
Shmmffsk zomg ∑(O_O;) that move completely blew me away... Well I expected something to happen, but not THAT.

Midoriya, you and that hero feel, so damn good, even All Might was completely stunned.
May 15, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2015
Thank you Bones, this is the true hand of justice making out this anime. The animation was superb, along with how Bakugou's flashbacks. I don't remind that chapter of the manga with such intensity, bones truly nailed It here, I can't be happier than this, I am so excited to see the USJ arch now! Even considering that in general that is one of the most slow-pacing archs in the manga, just imagine the future of this series, god, It will be amazing.

5/5
May 15, 2016 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, I wasn't really into the first few episodes of this and was considering dropping it, but I read some of the manga and got interested after the introduction of Deku's classmates and some of the other heroes. To me, the real appeal of the show (aside from Deku's general moe-ness :3) is in the flashy character designs, so the more I get to see of the different heroes/students and their quirks, the better!

The storyline's pretty much standard for shounen, although I really like this particular version of the protagonist & rival backstory. Deku and Katsuki have an entertaining dynamic to see onscreen, and it's kind of refreshing that Katsuki's cruelty just comes from his extreme pride about always being the best since childhood, and not because of some melodramatic backstory. Solid voice acting too; I really like the voices for Deku, Ochako, Iida, Aizawa... Katsuki's voice I was surprised about (I was imagining something a little higher pitched, maybe a bit similar to Eren's voice)-- but I think it totally suits him.

Anyway, show, you've convinced me now. I'll be watching 'til the end!
May 15, 2016 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was yet another reminder as to why I binged this manga in 2 days after the first episode came out. People thinking that the characters fit just one stereotypical trope need to revise their opinions. Bakugou isn't just some self-entitled prick who believes that he can get by with battering everything in his way with his OP abilities, he's already shown that he actually has a brain, finesse and reflexes to back up his instantaneous fighting adjustments and battle plans.

After this loss though, you'll get to see even more of his developments, specifically mentally when he realizes he isn't the best in his class no more. He'll still be the one you all love to hate, but there are adjustments to his attitude. It's gonna be fun to watch.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 15, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
That poll results lol only a few fanb... cough* a new naruto flashback 2.0... thankfully without fillers
May 15, 2016 1:33 PM

Aug 2015
Hmm, I think there are a lot of interesting views on Kacchan's personality and behavior in this thread. IMO I've never thought that Kacchan hated Deku just because he was nice once.

I agree that Kacchan seems to have a superiority complex, like a lot of you have said. Some seem to think it's strange to have a superiority complex just because a couple of people told you you're great, but in Kacchan's case, is it really?

We have a boy who, at a very tender age of his life, is told by his surroundings that he is great. We're not talking about a single occurrence (at least, I don't believe it's just a single occurrence). It happens all the time. His friends all agree that Kacchan is strong; they believe it so profoundly that they allow him to lead the way and tell them when and what to do. They're so convinced of Kacchan's superiority that in times when Kacchan is in danger, they've opted to keep to themselves because naturally--Kacchan can handle it, right? He's strong, isn't he? With such beliefs, isn't it logical to think that they've told Kacchan just how amazing they think he is?

(so the superiority complex grows)

Meanwhile, at school, Kacchan seems to have gotten his Quirk; an ability that speaks of your strength in more ways than one. He's going to have to live with that Quirk for the rest of his life and it happens to be a great one too. Why wouldn't a great quirk come to a great person, after all—''Everyone's told me I'm great, right?''

(so the superiority complex grows)

His teachers agree. Kacchan is definitely great. Look at him and his great quirk. Even his classmates are in awe. Everything feeds his complex. Kacchan starts to believe he really is amazing.

And why would that be strange? You need to keep in mind that Kacchan is surrounded by these people on a daily basis. A day contains of 24 hours. An average kid would sleep about 8 hours a day. Let's say Kacchan starts school at 9am to 3pm. At school he's surrounded by classmates and teachers who praise him. He'll spend another 2 or 3 hours playing with friends who praise him even more. In the weekend a kid would normally spend a lot of time with their friends; and it’s those same friends who consider him the greatest thing since sliced bread. When you hear the same thing in childhood and onwards, how would you not think it's true?

And then there's Deku--sweet Deku, who doesn't appear to be able to do the things Kacchan does. By now, Kacchan's complex is so big, anyone who isn't like him is inferior; and Deku even more (the kid doesn't even have a Quirk!).

But then this kid, who was supposed to be weaker than your superior self, ends up being the one to help you; to brave the sort of storm that had even you scared, a second there. That, in itself, is strength and Kacchan realized it; Kacchan saw the person who was supposed to be weaker than him be stronger than him.

The natural order is all messed up, after all--Kacchan is better, so how was useless Deku capable of being stronger?

Kacchan is shocked--angry, because what Kacchan sees in Deku is a threat.

(Ah, but this is just my fifty cents.)
...At least let me finish.

May 15, 2016 1:51 PM

Feb 2014
Goddamnit, Kacchan is such a dick so you hate Deku because he was nice to you, a dickhead who thinks hes so great and now have a inferior complex.
At least he fights as how Tsuna shouldve fought with his x burner.
Still AOTS
May 15, 2016 2:02 PM

Dec 2012
Linkmstr said:
eworm said:

Great explanation about Bakugou's personality and character. I'll just quote, so that others can also see it in case they miss it.

Miss what? the whole post is essentially about not getting the exaggeration in his personality. He is not evil. If he actually payed more attention he will notice that he is still in control during his rage as commented on by All Might. That scenario about saving somebody and being on the news seems very unnecessary. All sorts of people have overconfidence in themselves even if it stems from others simply being inferior to them, they don't need to be acknowledged in a massive way like that to feel cocky and develop a superiority complex.

He is just a douchebag and there are plenty of people like him in real life who take even the smallest of things and blow it out of proportions pun not intended. He wants to be a hero and not a villain because in their society Heroes are the absolute best, and he wants to be the best.
May 15, 2016 2:05 PM

Oct 2008
Personally I'm really close dropping this show. Both Deku and Kacchan are just terrible characters in my opinion and if the story is going to focus even more on their stupid "friendship" please tell me now so I don't waste my time. The only saving grace for me is Uraraka and Iiada which seem to be pretty cool characters.
IrondragonMay 15, 2016 2:09 PM
May 15, 2016 2:14 PM

Dec 2012
Irondragon said:
Personally I'm really close dropping this show. Both Deku and Kacchan are just terrible characters in my opinion and if the story is going to focus even more on their stupid "friendship" please tell me now so I don't waste my time. The only saving grace for me is Uraraka and Iiada which seem to be pretty cool characters.

They are not friends. And their relationship is not that relevant after this point for a while.

Though if you think Deku is terrible I don't see much point in continuing to watch this, he is the protagonist after all. Other characters get focus as well but naturally not as much as him.
May 15, 2016 2:28 PM

Oct 2015
Pretty cool episode.
May 15, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2015
Kacchan is so full of himself so glad his team lost. Nice episode.
May 15, 2016 2:33 PM
Jul 2014
Being a fanboy pays that's what this episode taught me :D
May 15, 2016 2:47 PM

Nov 2014
Pretty neat fight, the heroes win!

Uraraka was cute

Hi there
May 15, 2016 2:49 PM

Jan 2015
Bakugo about to get his ass whopped in this episode
Taking back everything he said. With great power comes great desires.
"No one is more amazing then me" All Might would one shot your sorry ass Bakugo.
Lida trying his best villain impression
Fuckin hell Bakugo, trying to kill the guy you can't touch anymore, pu55y move man.
Bakugo's trying so hard to get Midoriya's attention.
Just blow his Midoriya, 1 shot.
YOO MIDORIYA IS GONNA ATTACK!!!
YOOOO THE ANIMATION!!!!! HYPE!!!!!
NICE PLAN TO WIN!
FUCKING GREAT EPISODE!!
4.2/5 HYPE.
May 15, 2016 2:49 PM

Oct 2015
yuyyuka said:
You are right. It still bugs me though so I wanted by this little comment to separate the two. I know anime-only people will believe that being an awful person leads automatically to being a villain but yeah we know better.

Off topic but: Nice to see you in these threads. We haven't talked since the OnS ones!

Yup, time to suffer through the hate my poor explodo-son will get ;-;

Yeah, the OnS threads, we had some good times there eh?
May 15, 2016 2:54 PM

Aug 2011
Great episode! 11/10
I love Deku more every week. I don't want this show to end.
May 15, 2016 2:55 PM

Aug 2009
This was incredible, the directing and details, a very lovable cast, im a big fan now.
May 15, 2016 2:59 PM
May 2014
Bakugou must be the most annoying and hateful character I've seen in any anime.
May 15, 2016 3:00 PM

Nov 2015
That was amazing!!! Deku is awesome
May 15, 2016 3:50 PM

May 2015
Damn Bakugou you're scary!

Good job hero team!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 15, 2016 3:56 PM
Aug 2011
Tarkus_ said:
Bakugou must be the most annoying and hateful character I've seen in any anime.

I agree he's definitely up there and I would like to think i've seen quite a bit of them.
I'm going to have to find some non-yelling Nobuhiko Okamoto roles to cleanse the palette.

At least Ochako is cute.
standMay 15, 2016 3:59 PM
May 15, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2011
Kacchan's my favorite character. But I still want to see him to get his ass kicked by Deku lmao.

Was a bit teary at the end when Deku blocked Kacchan's punch. That expression and broken arm were great. :3
May 15, 2016 4:27 PM

Sep 2015
SOOOO MUUUUCHHHH HYYYYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really looking forward to how Deku and Kacchan's relationship develop after this!
May 15, 2016 4:30 PM
May 2016
animefan8800 said:
9 and 10 adapted this week. A good episode, but probably a bit too flashback heavy for my liking. Understandable for trying to give insight into Bakugo's character and his relationship with Izuku, but frankly I just don't like him much, never have. Regardless of the reasoning behind why he is who he is he's still a very obnoxious, self-absorbed, dense ass. Still, what action we got looked good, especially Deku's Detroit Smash, that looked great. Deku outdid himself given his handicaps and really shone through, but the cost(once again) looked brutal. Enjoyed Uraraka glomping the weapon and "evil" Iida too. But this week definitely left me wishing I had another episode to watch, and not in the good, I can wait, sense so much as only having the first course of a meal. Thankfully next week should provide me with a bit more.

Yeah but half of these flashbacks we hadn't seen, its not like Shippuden where they spend half the time replaying old scenes from past episodes. It was insightful and created good tension and backstory between clashes.
May 15, 2016 4:38 PM

Oct 2013
I'm actually wondering when Deku will be able to fully control the One for All. I can't wait
May 15, 2016 4:49 PM

May 2013
Deku's plan of punching the ceiling and destroying multiple floors in order to help Uraraka was a bit too far fetched, considering that he can't control his power at all and he isn't even sure of what will happen when he uses all of his strenght.
The first half had too many flashback but the fight in the second part was nice.
May 15, 2016 5:10 PM

Jan 2015
A bit too much crying and cliche lines for my taste but other than that it was an enjoyable episode. Liked the general strategy that was used by the hero's side though I remember this part being a bit more fast paced in the manga.

Hopefully Bakugo's character get's better as some manga readers have stated cuz as of right now, imo, he's just a worse version of accelerator.

Though based off the pacing that Bones is doing it'll end right where I stopped reading which is a shame. At least Uraraka is still being adorable.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 15, 2016 5:17 PM

Aug 2014
The character's are annoyingly histrionic. I was expecting more from Bakugo from that flashback scene, but I hate his character more than anyone else in this series. As much as I want to drop this series, there's only 6 episodes left.
May 15, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode!
Bakugo might be stronger than Izuku but his attitude is not suitable for a hero.
Teamwork and thinking is way better than just pure strength only, and Izuku showed that.
Also, this scene looks so funny. Uraraka's face though :v

May 15, 2016 5:59 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, that was pretty smart by Deku!
5/5
May 15, 2016 6:10 PM

Oct 2011
OMFG EPIC!!!!!!!
May 15, 2016 6:29 PM

Nov 2015
waaaaay too much talking, no reason whatsoever to explain things that are clearly shown to us.
May 15, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
Daw11 said:
Deku's plan of punching the ceiling and destroying multiple floors in order to help Uraraka was a bit too far fetched, considering that he can't control his power at all and he isn't even sure of what will happen when he uses all of his strenght.

He does know what will happen, though. He's been a fan of heroes for years, All Might especially. He's seen All Might in action on the news and in videos countless times by this point. He's probably studied him more than anyone, and has even seen One For All used by him in person.

He can't control One For All in that it's 0% to 100%, but it's not like a beast that won't listen to his commands. Remember how he focused it in just his finger to throw the ball? If he wants to do something he will do it, it just causes a lot of damage.
May 15, 2016 7:23 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Hugely satisfying episode, this was the action we've all been waiting for!

I love seeing a character use his brains rather than brawn, it helps break away from the cliche of power ups and what not.

So glad Kacchan was finally put in his place by Deku, it was as incredible as it was in the manga.

To me, this was the best episode so far. All around I loved it.

Also Ochaco chan was super cute (again).
May 15, 2016 7:24 PM

Sep 2009
Really enjoyed the episode and loved how Deku managed to help secure the win by using his Quirk to smash all of those floors.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

421 by jumbosan »»
Yesterday, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.