Forum Settings
Forums

The most boring taste in anime AKA anime elitists

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 12, 2016 9:20 AM

Dec 2012
I don't make favorites lists to please or entertain other people, it's for me, and obviously if they are in it I didn't think they were anywhere even remotely close to "boring".
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 12, 2016 9:55 AM

May 2012
The_Nico said:
hoopla123 said:
Elitists don't bother me much.

The only time that they annoy me is all the moehaterfags coming out and saying shit like "moe ruined anime", "EDGY EDGY EDGY", "This shit is the reason why anime is ruined now adays" and all that bullshit.

Watching Texhnolyze doesn't make you smarter than your average anime fan. You watch fucking anime, a Japanese CARTOON. Why take so much pride in thinking you are more "intellectual and sophisticated" than your average JAPANESE CARTOON fan.

What actually makes you smarter is if you think Attack on Titan is objectively smarter than Texhnolyze

objectively speaking we are being super objective
May 12, 2016 10:32 AM

May 2016
"Elitist" shows are just as crappy as mainstream shows. Same shit, different taste.
May 12, 2016 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
thefreeloader said:
arms98 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5D78cJwVGQ&feature=youtu.be&a&ab_channel=DigibroAfterDark

You hear that anime elitist? I can't say your taste is shit but i can at least call it boring. I found it pretty funny that this info came from /a/ when the exact same stuff happens here. I agree with pretty much everything here but i would at least say for MAL katanagatari wouldn't be on that list.
katanagatari is sooooooooooooo boring

I actually thought Katanagatari was very touching and the entire sword fetching was fun to look at.
Interesting characters aswell, the style was a bit unique aswell as I had not watched anything similar yet.
May 12, 2016 10:45 AM
Jun 2015
i don't choose my favourites to "entertain" other people
May 12, 2016 10:49 AM

Nov 2014
cwtgcheese said:
ouriel said:
In the end, I don't think we can argue that one culture is better than another, as we can't argue if one taste is better than another.

That such an opinion is necessary (in order to prevent cultural genocide, as you said) only provides proof of the inferiority of some cultures. Transmission certainly isn't the only factor one can use in measuring the success of one culture compared to another.

As for your other point, culture and taste aren't so similar that you can disregard its objectivity with the assumed relativism of the other. Are we really progressing our understanding in any way by discussing these terms in such a manner?

Then how do you propose we discuss or how do we come to a consensus that will be acceptable to the both parties, without resorting to my taste is better than yours?
If I flat out say my taste is better than yours, I am directly attacking you and you instantly take a defensive approach and try to counter it. The same is with cultures, if we flat out say that our culture is better than the other, we're attacking the other culture.

For example, what may be culturally acceptable in the Middle East, may not be culturally acceptable in the West, so, is our Western culture better than that of the Middle Eastern culture? However we look at this, the difference will be drastic from each viewpoint, those who are of Middle Eastern descent and those who are of Western descent, their cultural belief and moral values will be different than those of the Western cultural belief and moral values. And each of these cultures have their ups and downs.

And yes, you're right, it's not just one factor that can be the death of one culture, but that does not make that culture an inferior one, i.e. adapting other cultural values to the extent of killing its own.

Lastly, how can we objectively discuss if one culture is better than another, for example, Saudi culture and French culture? How can we discuss if ones taste is better than the other persons taste? Do I have better taste if I have GITS in my favorites than a person who has SAO or any highly disliked or hated show in their favorites?

As far as I know, when using these two as an example, both of them change as the times goes on, no one will stay the same and with time passing, people, as well cultures are bound to make a change and with that, their taste and traditions will be changed as well.
May 12, 2016 10:55 AM

May 2012
I'm not sure whether this is him taking a jab at people questioning the taste of others or his actual opinion. Let's just assume it's the latter. Why would someone on the internet lie about their favourites just to look smart? Who cares? Based on what he says in this video, he seems to pick favourites based on how different they are to other people's favourites. "Wow, I'm so unique. Look at me!" Which is not that much different from what he criticizes in this video.
May 12, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, and me who thought that ttgl and sao were great to show people repugnance and stupidity, i'd never have thought that one day i'll see it triggered by a digibro's video.

Too many wannabe elitist here who even think they are and got triggered because they heard logh and mushishi. Calm down, the dude said they are 'good' shows but when someone has all of them the probability he is just aspiring to be a hipster elitist is high.
People seem to lack basic psychology knowledge but worst of all lacking basic understanding of what a person can say.

Also, wtf is this a rant? This is for sure the nicest video he ever done, i only know 3 of his but it's enough to know the guy so i can say that he, for the first time, unarrogantly talked about something obviously existing that he managed to perceive all by himself, the thing is that he is only proposing this view.

Btw at first i thought it was an ISIS propaganda video~
May 12, 2016 11:08 AM
Jan 2016
Why do people care for other peoples taste its time be wasted that you could be using to be watching more anime..
May 12, 2016 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
ouriel said:
Then how do you propose we discuss or how do we come to a consensus that will be acceptable to the both parties, without resorting to my taste is better than yours?.

I think you misunderstand.

Hiding behind "it's subjective" or "it's relative" is a poor excuse to try and prevent the exploration of WHAT it is that makes our tastes what they are. Instead of hiding behind "everything is subjective" it'd be better to try and understand what our preferences say about us. Nobody will ever be happy but it seems more interesting to try and explore these things with the proper mindset. (Come to terms with our own tastes)

Similarly for culture. Understanding what shapes our cultures (we do) will give us insight into how we/people like us, are at some base level. What dictates taste also probably dictates culture. However taste is on an individual level while culture is at the level of population, and both evolve differently. I would say they are more distinct than alike.

In terms of human development and insight there are some certainly some cultures that are better than others. Whether the same can be said for taste, I think that depends on other factors. Populations of people with bad taste probably have a poor culture. But for individuals and their taste, that's a much more difficult question.

Not to say that I understand everything about this subject but I think this is better than falling into a trap where no proper discussion can be had.
May 12, 2016 11:29 AM

Aug 2012
drahan said:
Why do people care for other peoples taste its time be wasted that you could be using to be watching more anime..

''My taste > your taste'' is what they're thinking.
May 12, 2016 11:34 AM

Jan 2016
Let's face it, Digibro does have a good point when it comes to people putting shows that won't really get criticized in your favorites. He said that if you can't explain why it resonates with you personally(without pointing out how the shows in question are technical masterpieces because they are), then you're boring or worst, someone who wants to have their tastes validated.

I'll admit that most of the shows he mentioned is in my favorites but I can explain how it resonates with me personally (Tatami Galaxy being something I need as a Young Adult, LotGh being something that made me recheck my premises in politics, and lastly Aria being something that lightens up my heart every time I put it on).

But it has nothing whatsoever to do with elitism, OP. It's about fitting in and painting yourself as someone with a good taste.
ethotMay 12, 2016 11:53 AM
May 12, 2016 11:43 AM

Oct 2015
drahan said:

Discussing preferences and their implications can be insightful and fun. We might as well all collectively abandon this forum if we're supposedly wasting our time that could be better spent watching anime, but since we both post here we know that's not right.
May 12, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
GesuYarou said:
Wtf bro?
So apparently someone's taste in anime is supposed to be entertaining now?

I'm gonna like what I want to and I'm not gonna apologize for liking certain types of anime.
Fuck off.

it better be if you're gonna prance around the place and claim your favourites are "better"

the issue with elitists (and fangirls alike) is that they give themselves a sense of self-importance because of the shows they watch. particularly with elitists they feel that certain shows, i.e. that medieval space soap opera makes them smarter than someone who hasn't watched it. If you're going to pretend you're better than someone then I expect you to be able to back it up.
May 12, 2016 11:55 AM

Oct 2015
Sh0g0Mak1sh1ma said:
i don't choose my favourites to "entertain" other people

You're missing the point. He's not demanding that people "entertain" him by all having completely different and varied tastes, the point is that there are certain people who just compose their 3x3 graphs/favourite lists entirely out of shows that are considered to be "masterpieces" by the community consensus, in the hopes that they won't be called out on having shit taste.

I think digibro was more referring to the 3x3 threads on /a/ over people's favourite anime lists on MAL, and if you check those threads on /a/ you can see that some people are being dishonest in their 3x3s. Although most of the threads will have users claiming that such consensus "masterpieces" are their favourites, it begs the question of "where are these people in the other threads?"

This is because you almost NEVER see these shows being discussed in any other threads on /a/. Although I very rarely use /a/ (and the rest of 4chan) nowadays I can tell you from experience that the bulk of content on /a/ is dedicated to discussing the exact shows you would be called out on for saying that you like in the 3x3 threads, such as klk, k-on etc. Likewise I have NEVER seen any mushishi threads on /a/, nor have I ever seen any threads for tatami galaxy, LoGH (that aren't just spamming memes), SEL (that aren't just spamming cute lain pics), studio ghibli threads are once in a blue moon, never seen any aria threads and the list goes on. Since they are unwilling to discuss their supposed favourites it makes you wonder whether such shows really are their favourites, or if they are just scared of people criticising their actual favourites in the 3x3 threads.
May 12, 2016 11:55 AM

May 2015
You don't even see many people who've *watched* LOGT in this section. But they're grouping people who've watched it in one category, because, why not.

I think people subconsciously think highly of people who think highly of legend of the galatic heroes, and are instead projecting.

arms98 said:

You hear that anime elitist? I can't say your taste is shit but i can at least call it boring. I found it pretty funny that this info came from /a/ when the exact same stuff happens here. I agree with pretty much everything here but i would at least say for MAL katanagatari wouldn't be on that list.

The OP is a fine example, right here. He's like "well uhh ur taste is objectively good , fine, but uh...it's BORING".

Like I don't even know the characters names because no one ever talks about the series itself.

Well..one of my friends loves it, so I know Wenli Yang.

And, if you couldn't tell, I'm not really saying it's a bad or good series here. You don't have to feel jealous about people's taste IMO, if you don't like what they like that's fine. Even if ur taste isn't as good as mine. Someone could hate the dragon ball manga, but hey I won't critique your evidently bad taste.
flannan said:
These people, dubbed "elitists", claimed that Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Legend of the Galactic Heroes), among a few other similarly inaccessible shows, were in fact some of the best. Now, I don't wish to disparage Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, for I have not seen it, but in my opinion all the shows that these so-called "elitists" praised seemed to share only one trait: they were not fun and hard to understand. What else can a show about galactic war (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu) have in common with a show about a girl seeking her own origins (Serial Experiments Lain)?

Exactly, but I can't be the only one who thinks the blonde guy on the cover looks super-good-looking.
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/13/13225.jpg
ashfrliebertMay 12, 2016 12:06 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
May 12, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
hoopla123 said:

Watching Texhnolyze doesn't make you smarter than your average anime fan.

I really don't understand what intellectual content there is out of that drivel. I'm not even sure if an apopheniac can find something meaningful from 24 episodes of bad animation and heavy breathing.
May 12, 2016 11:56 AM
Oct 2014
So it's settled then. There's a video on YouTube with someone giving an opinion that happens to coincide with the OP's opinion, and therefore it MUST be gospel truth, right?

You can tell because the guy didn't just post his opinion on a forum, he made a VIDEO out if it. That means his opinion is so much more valid than those of the rest of us worms who don't have the intelligence to speak our minds on camera and thus are forced to merely write them on the MAL forums.

Now excuse me while I go back to prostrating myself at the Holy Altar of Youtube.
May 12, 2016 11:59 AM

Aug 2014
He literally said all those shows are amazing but people who have just those consensus masterpiece shows are obviously trying to look good to other people most of the time.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 12, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2014
flannan said:
These people, dubbed "elitists", claimed that Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Legend of the Galactic Heroes), among a few other similarly inaccessible shows, were in fact some of the best. Now, I don't wish to disparage Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, for I have not seen it, but in my opinion all the shows that these so-called "elitists" praised seemed to share only one trait: they were not fun and hard to understand. What else can a show about galactic war (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu) have in common with a show about a girl seeking her own origins (Serial Experiments Lain)?
The people who opposed them were (equally inappropriately) dubbed "casuals".
Really? I have been around for a good amount of time, but perhaps I just haven't seen them, but I have yet to come across one of these people who said "LoGH is the best thing ever, watch something good for once you scrub". the "watch something better" is a response I have only seen for those who say "I just finished X anime, now I feel depressed", which may or may not be meant in a positive or negative way, depending on who the responder is. And second, how can you know that LoGH is not fun, if you didn't watch it? Just because it's about galactic war? Aren't you just generalizing though? But I agree, there are likely people who only has some of the so called "elitist titles" in their favs because they 2deep4u, but for likely a good deal of people, they might genuinely have enjoyed watching it.
May 12, 2016 12:01 PM

May 2012
black1blade said:
He literally said all those shows are amazing but people who have just those consensus masterpiece shows are obviously trying to look good to other people most of the time.

and has no quantitative evidence to support his claims so it is bullshit.
May 12, 2016 12:05 PM

Oct 2014
I think Digibro's video can be resumed in one phrase:

"You're all a bunch o' Posers!"
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 12, 2016 12:07 PM

Nov 2014
cwtgcheese said:
ouriel said:
Then how do you propose we discuss or how do we come to a consensus that will be acceptable to the both parties, without resorting to my taste is better than yours?.

I think you misunderstand.

Hiding behind "it's subjective" or "it's relative" is a poor excuse to try and prevent the exploration of WHAT it is that makes our tastes what they are. Instead of hiding behind "everything is subjective" it'd be better to try and understand what our preferences say about us. Nobody will ever be happy but it seems more interesting to try and explore these things with the proper mindset. (Come to terms with our own tastes)

I never liked the concept of hiding behind "it's subjective", especially how often it used on this site, but I am not proposing that; I am saying that in order for this argument over tastes to end, one needs to learn to appreciate that different people will have different taste. This way, you're not only seeing through your own prism, but through the prism of the person in question, thus you're coming to a consensus, an understanding in which both might have benefits, but you don't need to accept everything from the person in question.

And more specifically to try to answer to your first passage, I think our social surroundings play a big role to how we'll develop as a person and what we'll like.

This is why I draw the parallel between culture and taste, because it's hard to argue whether one culture is better than another, actually, I think it's impossible to argue if one culture is better than another, just as I think it's impossible to argue if one person has "better" taste than another.

Here's an interesting quote that can be applied to an individualistic, as well collective level.
Cultural relativism is widely accepted in modern anthropology. Cultural relativists believe that all cultures are worthy in their own right and are of equal value. Diversity of cultures, even those with conflicting moral beliefs, is not to be considered in terms of right and wrong or good and bad. Today’s anthropologist considers all cultures to be equally legitimate expressions of human existence, to be studied from a purely neutral perspective.
http://www.gotquestions.org/cultural-relativism.html

Counter argument to cultural relativism:
http://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/cultural-relativism.htm
May 12, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2014
PoeticJustice said:
black1blade said:

Yeah lol he basically admitted that himself in the video XD. Seeing so many people misunderstand digibro and jump down his throat for one or 2 things he's said can get pretty annoying sometimes. I fucking watch almost everything he puts out so it's actually pretty good being able to understand him on a somewhat personal level. I do quite like anime everyday but I have very little idea what he's like as a person. Digibro on the other hand I know is a pretty cool ,if not slightly messed up and crazy, guy. So I guess in a way, it can be funny to see people constantly misunderstand him for the handful of controversial videos he's made.

May 12, 2016 12:09 PM

Jun 2015
I'm getting the idea that this generalization is just based on a gut feeling rather than experience.
May 12, 2016 12:09 PM

Aug 2014
Also the OP is pretty stupid for farming it to be a video about elitists when it's really a video about how digi reads too much of people fav lists.

May 12, 2016 12:12 PM

Jan 2016
PoeticJustice said:
black1blade said:

Wait, he also said that his opinions would be unfair... also, how can you quantify people who tries to look good?
May 12, 2016 12:12 PM

Mar 2016
ouriel said:
This way, you're not only seeing through your own prism, but through the prism of the person in question, thus you're coming to a consensus, an understanding in which both might have benefits, but you don't need to accept everything from the person in question.

I think we both agree on this point to a certain extent.

ouriel said:
And more specifically to try to answer to your first passage, I think our social surroundings play a big role to how we'll develop as a person and what we'll like.

This is why I draw the parallel between culture and taste, because it's hard to argue whether one culture is better than another, actually, I think it's impossible to argue if one culture is better than another, just as I think it's impossible to argue if one person has "better" taste than another.

This where we differ.
syncrogazerMay 12, 2016 12:16 PM
May 12, 2016 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
My message to people who are all being way to reactionary, watch the episode of the procrastinator's podcast "memes that need to die" and listen to endless jess' amazing rants. Also go to: patreon.com/bensaint

May 12, 2016 12:20 PM

Feb 2010
CapitalistGod said:
Let's face it, Digibro does have a good point when it comes to people putting shows that won't really get criticized in your favorites. He said that if you can't explain why it resonates with you personally(without pointing out how the shows in question are technical masterpieces because they are), then you're boring or worst, someone who wants to have their tastes validated.

I'll admit that most of the shows he mentioned is in my favorites but I can explain how it resonates with me personally (Tatami Galaxy being something I need as a Young Adult, LotGh being something that made me recheck my premises in politics, and lastly Aria being something that lightens up my heart every time I put it on).

But it has nothing whatsoever to do with elitism, OP. It's about fitting in and painting yourself as someone with a good taste.

Do you really think he and others who share his viewpoint will go through the trouble and politely ask every user to elaborate on their favorites? The whole point is that allegedly if you have multiple of these shows in your favorites the 'probability is high' that you're just trying to fit in and that 'high probability' is generally interpreted as 'okay to judge them based on that' which is what you see each and every time again in these threads.

Also I will repeatedly say that until someone can prove to me that people who legitimately fake their lists and favorites just to 'fit in' with some ominous elite within the anime community actually exist beyond a few oddballs or trolls, I'll keep working under the assumption that the people who use them as a justification to judge people with certain favorites as dishonest about their taste just make them up based on hearsay, one isolated incident or 'what they think other people think' to support their judgmental attitudes.

I have never met a person like that in my life aside from a few trolls that were obviously just baiting for attention, and I've been around MAL for a while. So whenever people just put it out there as if it's a common thing to fake your favorites like that without explaining what they are basing that assumption on I just can't take them seriously.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 12, 2016 12:21 PM

May 2012
CapitalistGod said:
PoeticJustice said:

Wait, he also said that his opinions would be unfair... also, how can you quantify people who tries to look good?

you have to do an experiment with a control group.
May 12, 2016 12:34 PM

May 2015
I think I'm just really gonna have to get use to the fact that this section isn't about anime itself. Like, I guess that's just not it's purpose. It's about the culture and, like, the people. But I feel it's so stupid to talk about specific anime and the fans of the anime without talking about the anime lol. It's like, "what do u think about people who like legend of galatic heroes" and everyone's like "their trying to be hip" or "they secretly feel superior about my taste" . And I'm like, what about LoGt?

The anime, legend of the galatic heroes, in particular is a pretty important apart about people liking LoGt, just as important as the people really. You can't just skim over anime ABC in a thread about people liking anime ABC. And if there's somehow some correlation between super-elitist snobby people and LoGT, it's a very important part to look at LoGt itself aside the people. What's the relation between snobs and space cartoon characters guys

Edit: And yes, I notice the OP mentions other anime and "etc", but that just makes it stupider. There's no logic whatsoever that goes into these threads, no offense intended.
ashfrliebertMay 12, 2016 12:43 PM
May 12, 2016 12:38 PM

Jan 2016
Pullman said:
CapitalistGod said:

Do you really think he and others who share his viewpoint will go through the trouble and politely ask every user to elaborate on their favorites? The whole point is that allegedly if you have multiple of these shows in your favorites the 'probability is high' that you're just trying to fit in and that 'high probability' is generally interpreted as 'okay to judge them based on that' which is what you see each and every time again in these threads.

Also I will repeatedly say that until someone can prove to me that people who legitimately fake their lists and favorites just to 'fit in' with some ominous elite within the anime community actually exist beyond a few oddballs or trolls, I'll keep working under the assumption that the people who use them as a justification to judge people with certain favorites as dishonest about their taste just make them up based on hearsay, one isolated incident or 'what they think other people think' to support their judgmental attitudes.

I have never met a person like that in my life aside from a few trolls that were obviously just baiting for attention, and I've been around MAL for a while. So whenever people just put it out there as if it's a common thing to fake your favorites like that without explaining what they are basing that assumption on I just can't take them seriously.

It may be a generalization on his part but time and time again, some people are trying to conform even outside anime. Conformity is one trait that some people will eventually do, there have been numerous studies about it. Based on that, his generalizations about this subject has a point. It may or may not be correct but it has a point.
May 12, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2015
Guaranteed to be on most elitists favourite list: LOGH, Tatami Galaxy, NGE
Your next line is "I was just pretending to be retarded".
May 12, 2016 12:47 PM

May 2015
NakuraZero said:

Eva(even I watched that one, while ago though), as polarizing an anime as is popular, with 25,000 votes on IMDB, is being compared to LOGH(779 votes) and Tatami Galaxy(725). Yeah, okay.
Edit: Even here there's a like 300,000 difference by listing.
May 12, 2016 12:48 PM

Sep 2015
ashfrliebert said:
NakuraZero said:

Eva(even I watched that one, while ago though), as polarizing an anime as is popular, with 25,000 votes on IMDB, is being compared to LOGH(779 votes) and Tatami Galaxy(725). Yeah, okay.

Because I definitely compared the anime in my statement right.....
May 12, 2016 12:51 PM

Dec 2015
I suppose it's all about the taste bro...
It's true that there are some people who actually do that so that they seem "Anime gods" hahaha but bro, that's also false. My favourite anime is Mushishi... This anime was so fucking good... It helped me overcome some difficult situations... And I actually learned lots of things from this anime... Yes, for some people this anime is boring since its development is really slow.. there are not lots of dialogue... but if you actually think of the little details it has... the dark but brilliant ideas it has... Don't know, I suppose this is my opinion but meh just saying it's not boring at all ^.^

May 12, 2016 1:04 PM

May 2015
NakuraZero said:

Apologies, you just regurgitated the original post and tacked on one of the more accessed anime, because...of some reason. Could've been worse.
Edit: To be fair, you *agreed* with the OP, fine.
ashfrliebertMay 12, 2016 1:20 PM
May 12, 2016 1:19 PM

May 2015
CapitalistGod said:

It may be a generalization on his part but time and time again, some people are trying to conform even outside anime. Conformity is one trait that some people will eventually do, there have been numerous studies about it. Based on that, his generalizations about this subject has a point. It may or may not be correct but it has a point.

People favorite anime that others favorite to appear more cool, exclusive, and elite and don't really care about the anime itself. OKAY. That's to be expected to have been done plenty of times, in fact we might as well assume to know exactly how many people rated LOGH 5 or higher just to impress people.

Sure, okay, very interesting. Now, where are we going with this? I don't know what we're expected to talk about here at this point.

Edit: Really, my problem with this these threads is it's not like this really says anything. And I'd find the point interesting if this wasn't quite possibly the most recurring thread in this section, if I didn't know the same 60 people were going to be talking about this same thing by the next two months and that 10 new people would make this subject every week from now, talking about conforming to opinions on anime space opera.

And it just confuses me that people are content constantly talking about other people's opinions on things, has this thread even mentioned one of the characters name?
ashfrliebertMay 12, 2016 1:33 PM
May 12, 2016 1:21 PM

Feb 2016
Why do so much people care about wich anime other people like?

May 12, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2015
ashfrliebert said:
NakuraZero said:

Apologies, you just regurgitated the original post and tacked on one of the more accessed anime, because...of some reason. Could've been worse.
Edit: To be fair, you *agreed* with the OP, fine.

At least I didn't misrepresent other people's statements and then make a poor attempt at being condescending when called on it.
May 12, 2016 1:27 PM

Sep 2013
moodie said:
elitist or plebs or w.e are all stupid

u do realize ur fucking watching cartoons at the end of the day. look in the mirror and realize that for a second.

+ 1 This is pretty much it. The community is divided in 15 year old 'special snowflakes' and sexually frustrated adults. Like anime is the only form of literature they know.

And now It's time to beat my meat.
May 12, 2016 1:27 PM

Mar 2016
Watched 4 min in and closed .
Things i learned :
Digi should shave
Digi tries to subtly defend his K-on
Video is based in that everyone with shows like LoGH , NGE , aria etc are people who like stuff just because they're highly accepted and respected and that no one would disagree with their shows being good and look smart .
Good old digi strikes again .
May 12, 2016 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
arms98 said:
Uhh I didn't make this thread so people could list there own opinions.

Then why did you make this thread? Get your shit together OP.
May 12, 2016 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
Couldn't bother to watch all the video but I agree with the general gist or notion of what he is saying. Except I don't find it boring taste, I think it's artificial and non-existent.

When I observe these types of people and their behavior on the forum then open their profile, 100% of the time there favorites are predictable. It just makes me beilive they are posers who wants to be validated. The same group of people that care so damn much about the ratings on this site and how they should be changed, and about ''muh standards''

They must be really insecure and bitter in real life.
May 12, 2016 1:39 PM

May 2015
NakuraZero said:

At least I didn't misrepresent other people's statements and then make a poor attempt at being condescending when called on it.

Genuine apologies, but to be fair you kiiinda didn't really say anything at all but what the OP and half the people in this thread already said. Though I sorta did the exact same thing anyway.
May 12, 2016 1:42 PM

Sep 2015
ashfrliebert said:
NakuraZero said:

Genuine apologies, but to be fair you kiiinda didn't really say anything at all but what the OP and half the people in this thread already said. Though I sorta did the exact same thing anyway.

I honestly didn't even read the thread just saw the topic and made a comment reading now I can see my statement was definitely said before although I wasn't trying to be groundbreaking lol
May 12, 2016 1:45 PM
May 2016
It just comes down to taste (though it is kind of boring to see a lot of people having the same favorites in things without really much variety...)
May 12, 2016 1:48 PM

Mar 2015
Holy fucking shit. Can you idiots stop making these same threads all of the damn time.

"People can't like shows that I don't like" Has this person ever thought that multiple people like a show because they're good?
LancimusPrimeMay 12, 2016 1:52 PM
May 12, 2016 1:50 PM

Apr 2013
Ironically enough the guy is doing so much more posturing.

Not everybody builds their 'taste' around possible exterior perception. The guy legitimately can't seem to transcend that concept, he's so stuck there himself. Such a silly weeb.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

14 by Ohayotaku »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

23 by Toooooooooohru »»
10 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

64 by LostSpectre »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

32 by Dauphine »»
17 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

8 by mizukasa »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.