Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 1, 2016 8:29 AM

Jan 2015
Pyrontl said:
Madara22 said:
Aizawa !! :D Also nice to see Deku using just a finger !! :D

Gotta feel sorry for Uraraka

Why's that?? Her powers are nice, she has the best throw so far which is Infinity !! Deku might have had that too if he used his powers wisely. I like Uraraka, I feel like she's there to make Deku stronger, to motivate him.
May 1, 2016 8:32 AM
Apr 2015
Madara22 said:
Pyrontl said:

Gotta feel sorry for Uraraka

Why's that?? Her powers are nice, she has the best throw so far which is Infinity !! Deku might have had that too if he used his powers wisely. I like Uraraka, I feel like she's there to make Deku stronger, to motivate him.

I am pretty sure it was a joke. Think about it.
May 1, 2016 8:50 AM

Sep 2013
The anime really does a much better job at getting me excited. Looking forward to seeing more of the other heroes.
May 1, 2016 9:07 AM

Oct 2015
Really goooood episode! I love Deku so much. It amazes me because I thought I was already sick of all these origin story, MC from being weak to strong, but BNHA is done so well that you can't help but root for Deku and wanna see him grow! Also Kacchan. I don't know how I feel about him! I hate him for being a bully but also... like him? It's so confusing! It's just that he's really cool. And as a non-manga reader, I can see some history between him and Deku. And it's cute that he's the only one who calls him that. I feel like they're gonna get along in the future. Probably not as best friends, but a love-hate relationship? It's also cute how Deku calls the girl "nice person" lol he's a cutie when he blushes. Heartwarming moment between Deku and his mom and him and All Might at the beach. Interesting characters! I'm so glad the score for this also rises. It deserves it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2016 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
Decent episode. Izuku starts to dwell on the fact that he can't use his power efficiently enough, but soon improvises at the end. Was fun seeing all the other characters make a cameo and demonstrate their own as well.
May 1, 2016 9:31 AM

Jun 2013
Granted I don't normally watch shows as they come out, but this show is astonishingly good at hyping me and then delivering. I hope this goes long running :D
May 1, 2016 9:37 AM

Mar 2015
Hyped to the max! Got me holding my breath xD Usually a weak mc pisses me off beyond belief BUT Deku got me so hype. Worth rootin for! xD
Next Deku vs Kacchan!! *DYING*
May 1, 2016 9:38 AM
Apr 2016
Aizawa my man is on the screen. Finally! I still can't decide I like his voice or not, I imagined a different voice for him (very different). Nice episode again(It is strange for me, that everybody saying how epic the ost is. There are 1-2 very good, but nothing special so far, *shrug* perrsonal taste), but I still prefer the manga. :)
May 1, 2016 9:45 AM

Nov 2014
So hype, that fingertip throw.
And when nice girl got infinity lol

Hi there
May 1, 2016 9:54 AM
May 2011
I liked this one a lot too, it seems that from now on they will adapt two chapters for episode (this one adapted two and the first page of another) If they maintain this pace there shouldn´t be any problems to reach the final of the USJ arc, maybe even ending the anime with a mention of the sports festival.

And about the episode, well, most than anything I like Aizawa voice a lot, it fits him very well. That said, it was kinda weird when he pushed Deku to himself using his scarf, he seemded to do it without using his hands, but in the manga he used them. That the only bad thing that I can say about the episode.
May 1, 2016 9:57 AM

Dec 2015
I demand more frog girl.

Come on guys, I'm pretty sure this could be a new fetish if we just push hard enough for it :p
May 1, 2016 10:01 AM

Dec 2015
Aizawa's entrance to the classroom was hilarious. Really liking his character. Also nice to see some of his classmate in action, looking forward to seeing more of them.
Didn't expect him to use the quirk just in his fingertip like that. That was epic, and the reactions of everyone made it better, especially Aizawa.

May 1, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode again, nice slow pace.
May 1, 2016 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
Honestly, before this episode aired, I really expected a backlash due to the similarities between Aizawa and Kakashi. Aizawa's speech pattern was a lot lazier than I thought it would be.

Overall, another perfectly adapted episode. Animation is great, soundtrack is god-like, and was pretty enjoyable. Looking forward to the clash next episode, Bones will finally be able to fully showcase their talent for fight scenes.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
May 1, 2016 10:13 AM

Apr 2013

Love DAT LOOK from Eraser Head!! It is literally a sick look ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm very pleased with BONES's adaptation so far. They've really added a level of emotion and energy to each episode so far that takes the manga's original material to the next level. Without a doubt, the OST and its effective use at just the right times make the climaxes of each episode really resonate. Super pumped for the next episode as we get the legendary Bakugo vs Izuku showdown that we've been waiting for.
May 1, 2016 10:17 AM
Mar 2016
AbsoluteBloom said:
Honestly, before this episode aired, I really expected a backlash due to the similarities between Aizawa and Kakashi. Aizawa's speech pattern was a lot lazier than I thought it would be.

Overall, another perfectly adapted episode. Animation is great, soundtrack is god-like, and was pretty enjoyable. Looking forward to the clash next episode, Bones will finally be able to fully showcase their talent for fight scenes.

Meh, I don't see a reason for backlash on the similarity between them. Hopefully The fight will be animated right, cause if so MHA will blow up in popularity even more
May 1, 2016 10:18 AM

Aug 2012
i laughed pretty hard with Uraraka infinity throw.
May 1, 2016 10:23 AM

Oct 2009
TiddlywinkUmbry said:

Interesting. I thought you dropped it last time, and the time before that. He barely even cried this episode, a lot of your thoughts seem to stem from the subjective hate of the main character. You are literally just coming off as hostile and butthurt at this point. Other than the repetitive formula your points are pretty ridiculous. Maybe it's some sort of unknown autism that I secretly have inside of me, but I did not cringe at all during this episode. Character introductions are important. It's just an enjoyable superhero anime, it's not trying to be deep or existential, so you are right to give it nothing more than a 6. But you seem way too butthurt about it.

lol I sense the same thing. He probably just hates Deku to death xD
Although, I totally understand that hating the MC makes you hate the entire show lol
I mean yeah it's the same Nardo-generic-shounen story, but the story's pretty decent. Besides most of the people watching this are in their early teens and those errr adults (like me/us???) who enjoy this are maybe young at heart?? *gets slapped* ( ̄▽ ̄)
soooo it's pretty understandable why it got an 8+
BTW this show started as a 6 for me too. But Deku makes me proud *sniff*

May 1, 2016 10:29 AM

Aug 2012
For all of you who didn't notice, Deku threw the ball 0.1m further than Bakugou.
.................................................................................
May 1, 2016 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
Izuku is starting to learn how to control his power.
May 1, 2016 10:38 AM

Jul 2010
Good episode, sure it's slow but I really enjoy the progress and character development.
May 1, 2016 10:42 AM
Apr 2016
So damn good. Izuku's finally gaining control of One For All...somewhat. One broken finger is better than a broken arm. Was quite interesting to see some of the quirks the other students have.

Izuku's reaction to Bakugo's "DIE!!!!" was gold, and so was Uraraka getting infinity.

Wondering how Bakugo will react to all this. He seemed to be under the impression that Izuku had no quirk, which means he must've somehow missed Izuki destroying that giant robot. I also can't imagine he'll be happy about Izuku getting .1 meter farther than him. I imagine Bakugo's attitude will have repercussions at some point. He seems more like a potential villain to me than a hero.

Looking forward to next week. Oh and hi, I'm new to MAL.
TyrelMay 1, 2016 12:51 PM
May 1, 2016 10:43 AM

Sep 2013
The Deku scenes always get me. The feels. I love this ep and I'm loving the introduced characters so far.

The navel laser guy is too awesome lol
May 1, 2016 11:01 AM

May 2015
Pretty cool episode this week. Finally received cameos for the students in Class 1-A and the ost was especially nice! Best part of the episode was Izuku coming to the realization that he had to apply his "work harder than others" attitude into every action he did. Leading him to improvise and minimize the amount damage his quirk would inflict on him while still getting results. Can't wait for next week!

May 1, 2016 11:07 AM

Nov 2009
I wanna go and read the manga so badly! I need to control myself...
Not comparing the content, but this gives me Hunter x Hunter feelings. Makes me happy.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
May 1, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2015
ak47 said:
I wanna go and read the manga so badly! I need to control myself...
Not comparing the content, but this gives me Hunter x Hunter feelings. Makes me happy.

The anime is very faithful to the manga thus far, so I'd recommend waiting until it's over before moving onto the manga. I will say that the last chapter felt very Hunter x Hunter in terms of tone if you know what I mean.
NakurawariMay 1, 2016 11:13 AM
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
May 1, 2016 11:13 AM
Nov 2010
FINALLY get to see Tsuyu animated ahh so happy

May 1, 2016 11:19 AM

Mar 2014
I want the soundtrack right NOW.
May 1, 2016 11:23 AM

Nov 2009
AbsoluteBloom said:
The anime is very faithful to the manga thus far, so I'd recommend waiting until it's over before moving onto the manga. I will say that the last chapter felt very Hunter x Hunter in terms of tone if you know what I mean.
Yup, I wanna start reading the manga only after the anime ends (it's only 13 episodes, after all). It's difficult :p
And I'll look forward to that, then!

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
May 1, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
yuiyuigahama said:
loved the episode but i have a minor complaint: why does izuku run a 7 second 50 m when he had all that training with all might? im izukus age and my 100 m time is 11-12 seconds which means my 50 would be like 6 seconds ish. and thats considering minimal training tbh because my schools track program isnt very good. shouldnt he be running at least a 6.5?
Doesn't work that way, the first 50 metres are slower than the second half in a 100 metres race.

Anyways, this remains very enjoyable and even the pacing feels right, too bad the anime isn't long running. My only complaint is that the humour is really awful.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 1, 2016 11:32 AM

May 2015
Another awesome episode! It was nice getting a bit more introduction to some of the characters. And of course Izuku was great when he used just one finger to throw that ball! Can't wait for next week when he (hopefully) proves to Bakugo that he's no pushover.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
May 1, 2016 11:35 AM
Jul 2012
Still wondering why they chose to go with 13 episodes >.> but anyways not much this episode but I'm excited for next episode.
May 1, 2016 11:57 AM

Jan 2016
Man, the pacing is slightly slow but it's the only way to stay in the arc without overbounding to the next season.
Can't wait for more
May 1, 2016 11:59 AM

Jan 2011
That was a great episode! I liked seeing Deku get creative like that to use his power wisely. Really entertaining from start to finish
May 1, 2016 12:20 PM

Jan 2014
Romedbaumann said:
For all of you who didn't notice, Deku threw the ball 0.1m further than Bakugou.

Oh.. I see why this is gonna start some problems
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 1, 2016 12:21 PM

Oct 2014
My issue with Deku was mostly his seiyuu sounded cringeworthy everytime he was crying or whining, he has been HEAVILY CARRIED by the OST, good animation and the other seiyuus.

I laughed at Aoyama, dude looks like Jojo character.

Urakara continues being a cutie.

May 1, 2016 12:36 PM

Oct 2013
I actually liked this episode, though I'm not too fond of Deku character and the ending part when all might said "he's so cool" was so cringy.

4/5. It took awhile but this series is looking to get past its boring phase, it doesn't offer anything new but it looks like it could still be a enjoyable/decent anime. Hopefully I don't eat my words.

Mod Edit: Removed spam. Reaction images/videos and other images with no relevance to the discussion is spam.
shawnofthedeadzMay 2, 2016 4:37 PM
May 1, 2016 12:40 PM
Apr 2016
Wiziliz said:
Had me shouting from excitement! This anime is too good, already above FMA:B and HxH (2011) for me. This may have been the most hype episode so far!

I may love my hero academia but thats way too much of an overstatement
May 1, 2016 12:53 PM

Sep 2014
No onion-cutting ninjas this episode.
But All might fangirling for the MC is somewhat cute ^^

PS. im wondering about the times of the 50m run - most of them are not even fast- considering they use quirks its quite bad imo.
Comander-07May 1, 2016 12:57 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 1, 2016 12:58 PM

May 2014
5/5 Again.
Next ep is going to be hype.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2016 1:06 PM

Dec 2015
MrJc said:
FINALLY get to see Tsuyu animated ahh so happy

Right?
Best character design in the show.
May 1, 2016 1:11 PM

Nov 2014
Comander-07 said:
PS. im wondering about the times of the 50m run - most of them are not even fast- considering they use quirks its quite bad imo.

Not all the quirks are speed/power related. For example, one of the character's quirk is
How is that going to increase their speed for the run?

DreadedOne said:
DIE!!!!!
Die?...

Midoriyas expression killed me.

Yeah this happened again later into the manga, it was so funny seeing Bakugou yelling "DIE!!!" as he

Fai said:
Okay can't do this. This continues to be awful. IT's really beyond me on how this can have a score that is above 6/10(which already is way too generous for a shonen).

MC again spent time crying, making want to punch him in a face again. Haven't hated an MC so hard since Nardo. Holy shit, stop whining and crying every single episode you insufferable idealistic brat. At least other shonen MCs spend time wasting the talents of their VAs actually shouting at their enemies something or declaring their attacks.

- The same formula again was used.
- The same cringe again was experienced.
- Absolutely nothing of importance happened that would indicate any sort of direction beyond the incredibly generic and cringe "crybaby tries to git gud" kind of story.
Midway through an episode had to pause and go make me some latte just to take a break from this show.

Overall Boku No Hero is slow and typical "more of the same" shonen show with an unlikable MC and the plot as basic as it can be. It does not portray or explore any sort of interesting narrative the setting could provide. The characters remain one-dimensional both in their pursuits and in their "black and white morality" alignments and the show barely trudges forward shouting at the viewer the same old shonen message of how you have to not give up and how good deeds are rewarded, blah blah blah.
Its especially jarring when we have shows like ConREvo airing from the very same studio and providing an actual exploration of the 70-80's superhero zeitgeist and social commentary that follows in terms of concepts of propaganda, utilitarianism, power of media and the idea of blurring black and white. It really helps me put BokuHero's completely empty narrative into a perspective.
In comparison to that, superhero setting of BokuHero is just a window-dressing for a very typical narrative that has been done to death.

Why is Bones adapting this show, again? They are way too good of a studio that could have been allocating their resources to other far better shows instead of wasting time on this.

2/5 for episode. Dropped.

1. izuku didn't cry this episode.
2. we're only 6 chapters into this 88-chapter-story. What kind of development are you expecting? Have you seen how this episode is used to introduce all the main characters and their quirks? The main plot hasn't started yet. Hell, the main antagonist hasn't even been introduced it. Characters are 1D because they'd only been introduced.
3. "Black and White morality" is 100% false. This anime is far from the "hero are good, villain are bad" normality; it'll show how there's no heroes or villains, only the gray area. Later on, you'll see how
So the "actual exploration of the 70-80's superhero zeitgeist and social commentary that follows in terms of concepts of propaganda, utilitarianism, power of media and the idea of blurring black and white" will all, definitely, happen later. Sadly this anime only has 1 cour. If it has 2 cours (hopefully), you'll get to see all this.

So my advice for you is: If you like shows that have those social commentary, power of media things you mentioned, keep on watching BokuHero. You'll end up loving it. You'll regret dropping it right now because this show fits all your criteria.
ttcchenMay 1, 2016 1:15 PM
May 1, 2016 1:27 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty cool episode. Wasn't expected that result so that's nice. I love all the different powers these characters have, makes it fun to watch.
May 1, 2016 1:28 PM

Feb 2015
another great episode imo, but now i kinda feel this episode was slow paced if this series only has 13 epiosde. either way, i really like this episode. didn't expect he would use his finger instead of his hand tho. LOL Ochako's record when she threw the ball xD well, it was obvious. Midoriya was very cool in this episode. looking foward for the battle in the next episode.
May 1, 2016 1:37 PM

Nov 2015
Was really liking the pacing in the first episodes but now it feels a little bit slow but besides that it was a pretty good episode. It's alot of fun to watch, looking foward for the next one!!
May 1, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2007
Okay can't do this. This continues to be awful. IT's really beyond me on how this can have a score that is above 6/10(which already is way too generous for a shonen).

MC again spent time crying, making want to punch him in a face again. Haven't hated an MC so hard since Nardo. Holy shit, stop whining and crying every single episode you insufferable idealistic brat. At least other shonen MCs spend time wasting the talents of their VAs actually shouting at their enemies something or declaring their attacks.

- The same formula again was used.
- The same cringe again was experienced.
- Absolutely nothing of importance happened that would indicate any sort of direction beyond the incredibly generic and cringe "crybaby tries to git gud" kind of story.

Midway through an episode had to pause and go make me some latte just to take a break from this show.

Overall Boku No Hero is slow and typical "more of the same" shonen show with an unlikable MC and the plot as basic as it can be. It does not portray or explore any sort of interesting narrative the setting could provide. The characters remain one-dimensional both in their pursuits and in their "black and white morality" alignments and the show barely trudges forward shouting at the viewer the same old shonen message of how you have to not give up and how good deeds are rewarded, blah blah blah.

I initially decided to watch this since I genuinely like comic books and superhero genre and this seemed to have quite popularity, but this does not seem to actually USE the superhero genre in any meaningful way. In fact beyond visuals, it does not FEEL like superhero genre.

Its especially jarring when we have in the same season other superhero narratives like ConREvo airing from the very same studio and providing an actual exploration of the 70-80's superhero zeitgeist and social commentary that follows in terms of concepts of propaganda, utilitarianism, power of media and the idea of blurring black and white. It really helps me put BokuHero's completely empty narrative into a perspective. The setting and the comic book genre overall provides a lot of areas to write a compelling story. In this case are made by same studio, both cover superhero narrative and deal with superhero genre themes and exploration of justice and yet Boku Hero does not seem to actually use it. Now I am not expecting BokuHero to be on the level of Watchmen, Conrevo or other superhero works, but Boku Hero does not benefit in any way from its setting . Superhero setting of BokuHero is just a window-dressing for a very typical narrative that has been done to death.

Why is Bones adapting this show, again? They are way too good of a studio that could have been allocating their resources to other far better shows instead of wasting time on this. It hurts my heart, but despite this being Bones I see no redeeming qualities for this.

2/5 for episode.

I gave the show more chances than I usually do. By every right I would have dropped it by Ep2 or 3 but I usually don't drop 12 episode shows and since this was supposedly quite popular I gave more and more chances each week.
Now, halfway through since it is 100% sure this won't change or redeem in my eyes, I don't see a reason to continue watching this, so actually dropped.

Mod Edit: He has permission to post this. Don't go on your high-horses and quote him to say "here we go again", etc. If you wanna argue points, argue points. Don't make a quote just to flame, spam, etc.
May 1, 2016 1:45 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa that teacher and his quirk OMG
May 1, 2016 1:47 PM
Apr 2015
As someone who hasn't read the manga, I definitely enjoy watching this since I really like animes where the MC develops from 0->100
May 1, 2016 2:06 PM

Jun 2011

Honestly m8, I don't really get what you were expecting from this anime. It's a shounen anime, there isn't going to be any in-depth social commentary, or political drama in here, it's just supposed to be a dumb, fun, show made for the childrens. Don't go into a shounen expecting a seinen.
May 1, 2016 2:08 PM
Nov 2009
Xaelbolg said:
He seemed to be under the impression that Izuku had no quirk, which means he must've somehow missed Izuki destroying that giant robot.

Remember that, since they came from the same school, they were put into different "city replicas" to prevent them from helping each other.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.