Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 12, 2012 1:07 PM

Oct 2011
Ok .. i re watched the episode with eng sub .
Parasites which came forth from Onigafuchi march make people go berserk ... but there's something strange; if infected in state of derengement had attacked normal people they would die along with parasites inside them ... only people who have been able to co-exist with parasites as one remain .... is that mean that people who have this ability didnt go berserk and they could controll themselves !!??
so now , Henamizawa people are composed both of normal people and devils .
the question is : are parasites exist in Henamizawa at this time ?
and if parasites didnt existe at this time why the tree great families are continuing to apply the law :" you must not leave the illage and .... " ???
Jul 20, 2012 12:47 PM

Jun 2012
umm anyone notice how ooishi and rena talking in the car was the same as keiichi in episode 1? when he is called and taken to the car and the same diolougue happens...also rena is being pursued by the white van and in the 1st epi it was keiichi feeling he was followed....hmmmm
Jul 20, 2012 2:31 PM

May 2012
felo said:
omg, this feels like resident evil.
this changes everything from the past ep's

LOL, I didn't even think of RE, but you're right!
Jul 20, 2012 3:11 PM
Dec 2007
_retro_reactive said:
umm anyone notice how ooishi and rena talking in the car was the same as keiichi in episode 1? when he is called and taken to the car and the same diolougue happens...also rena is being pursued by the white van and in the 1st epi it was keiichi feeling he was followed....hmmmm
It's intentional. This is supposed to be the "Answer arc" to the first arc, but with Rena as the "crazy deranged person" rather than Keiichi. So the situations are similar at some points but with changes. The main point that has to be similar is that in both cases Keiichi or Rena believe there's a conspiracy by someone, and start coming up with more and more crazy ideas.

Aug 11, 2012 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm...things are starting to become more clear now.
Jan 2, 2013 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
I think Keiichi is the first arc is the one going mad with all his twisted visions. I think he was consumed by the parasites and became more and more paranoid. Mion and Rena was trying to help him with the vaccine but he killed them instead.
Feb 9, 2013 5:25 PM

May 2012
dvl_ said:
I still think this arc is worse than the previous ones. It kinda goes off the track - first showing Rena's attitude to her father's actions, explaining her family background and suddenly we have a RIDICULOUS theory about parasites being the cause of the whole Hinamizawa craziness? Come on, this is stupid.

I'm very disappointed, if this is the real explanation for what was going on in the village for such a long time. Have the creators run out of ideas perhaps?

There's still two episodes left and I hope it will get better and they'll make up for this crappy arc, otherwise the score won't go past 8.

There was nothing ridiculous about the parasites, it makes complete sense and matches the rest of the show if you ask me, completely logical.
Feb 9, 2013 5:29 PM

May 2012
loub31 said:
Ok , the phone call between Rena and keiichi was really complicated .
so it's because of the virus in the marsh people transform to devils but why Keiichi thought that Oyachiru sama is the doctor who come from a foreign country after hearing that ?!! basicly why he was thinking about the doctor ??...
i didnt undestand this too :
"The person carrying the virus dies with the virus if he attacked someone !! ? "

If they try to leave they die
ThangLong said:
I think Keiichi is the first arc is the one going mad with all his twisted visions. I think he was consumed by the parasites and became more and more paranoid. Mion and Rena was trying to help him with the vaccine but he killed them instead.

Still doesen't explain the needle in the food though, and i highly doubt they knew about the parasites otherwise they would have said something sooner.
Feb 20, 2013 10:38 PM

Sep 2012
Those van people. Eh I'm too tired to even think of what I'm typing in her. Good episode though.
Apr 21, 2013 3:02 AM
Aug 2011
Go to the police, damn it!

Also, I think volcanic gas explosion was someone's doing to finish the parasite infection, not something that started it.
Aug 5, 2013 9:53 AM

Feb 2011
Higurashi turns into Resident Evil.
Aug 16, 2013 9:54 PM

May 2013
Parasites. This changes everything.

This episode answered a few of my questions, but there are still some things that are unclear.

Hopefully, the next episode explains them.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 30, 2013 1:22 PM

Jun 2013
DeathfireD said:
I'm thinking the stuff they said about volcanic gas also plays a role in how the bugs started the infection and stay alive. As Rina mentioned, the bugs can only survive in there village. So I'm guessing the gas might be the cause of that.

Also I think the people "going crazy" may not necessarily be the ones going crazy. For example the first ark in the beginning of the series; Rina and Mion attack Keiichi and try and stab him with a needle while the doctor and that white van are outside the house. What if he was the one going really going crazy and they where only trying to give him a shot to kill the bugs or at least subside the crazy thoughts? This would also explain why Rika tried to stab Shion with a needle as well. Rika must have been aware that Shion was being overwhelmed by the bugs and wanted to help her. This also explains why the doctor wanted to give Keiichi a shot in his ark.

I'm only guessing but the people that kill are probably taken in to the hospital and then give a shot and forced to leave the village or are locked up somewhere in the hospital for tests on how to completely cure it.

This actually made sense. Bugs... I'm a bit dissapointed that it came down to that.. Thought it was gonna be something much more complex. But wait.. How does this explain Rika-chans ability to see into the future?

Also, why did Mion and Rena try to kill Kei BEFORE trying to give hiim an injection? I'm talking about the time when Kei found a needle in his food that Mion and Rena had made for him when he was "sick". Are they perhaps gonna make it look like Kei had a hallucination or something so asspulling like that?
Nov 16, 2013 10:41 PM

Jun 2013
Parasites eh? Well that may be true, but it's only a part of it. Something supernatural is definitely at work here too with the time loops and Rika's clairvoyance mode.
Jan 4, 2014 1:38 AM

Jul 2008
Well that was a big turn compared to where we started, now we kinda have a physical form of the 'god" this time, why Shion was sent away early in her life, and it might explain why everyone went a bit psychotic...however what doesn't make sense would be multiple arcs with separate stories. I mean the stuff in each arc makes sense and we learn more in each one, BUT having new arcs that essentially hit the reset button each time doesn't make any sense.

I mean every story has a beginning middle and end, they don't hit the reboot button multiple times through the same story to tell alternate versions...unless it's something like Groundhog Day were you live the same day over and over. So what I'm saying us that unless there is really is some sort of magic/mystical element here that's been hinted at in every arc, the multiple arcs do not make sense.
Jan 25, 2014 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, so that would explain all the psycho behavior and all the weird thing like the when Rika was found ripped appart and naked...

There is still some thing that don't seem right, in the episode 8, why did Oishi said that Takano was already dead when they met her and how did Shion came back from the death?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 13, 2014 12:32 AM
Sep 2013
I don't know how they did that, but every time in higurashi that they are doing something horrible to them self it feels just like I'm doing that to my self . First there was Shion's fingernails and now Renna
Apr 18, 2014 8:36 AM

Sep 2013
DeathfireD said:
I'm thinking the stuff they said about volcanic gas also plays a role in how the bugs started the infection and stay alive. As Rina mentioned, the bugs can only survive in there village. So I'm guessing the gas might be the cause of that.

Also I think the people "going crazy" may not necessarily be the ones going crazy. For example the first ark in the beginning of the series; Rina and Mion attack Keiichi and try and stab him with a needle while the doctor and that white van are outside the house. What if he was the one going really going crazy and they where only trying to give him a shot to kill the bugs or at least subside the crazy thoughts? This would also explain why Rika tried to stab Shion with a needle as well. Rika must have been aware that Shion was being overwhelmed by the bugs and wanted to help her. This also explains why the doctor wanted to give Keiichi a shot in his ark.

I'm only guessing but the people that kill are probably taken in to the hospital and then give a shot and forced to leave the village or are locked up somewhere in the hospital for tests on how to completely cure it.

Wow this was a great ep.

I agree with some of your points , but then again , when Shion turned the syringe on to Rika she then killed herself , why would she do that if it were a vaccination shot (then again Rika did make the point of not wanting to be killed by Shion's hand or as you said which in that case she didn't want to be killed by something controlling her friend)

This was a great episode, upsetting to see Rena go through those things especially with the maggots ;_; poor girl, it cleared a few things , I remember Keiichi throwing away Satoshi's bat in to the swamp which probably was the cause of him going insane by being exposed
Apr 20, 2014 5:30 AM

Jun 2011
Adramelech said:
Go to the police, damn it!

One thing about this series is that, no one trusts the police.
ToG25thBaamApr 20, 2014 5:34 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 9:16 PM
Feb 2013
Wait a second, berserk is that why the dead victims are tearing there own throats out, because they were test subjects, is that what the drug is? A lot of information in this episode.
Apr 23, 2014 9:17 PM

Mar 2014
Man I wish I could erase me mind and re-watch higurashi xD
Apr 23, 2014 10:14 PM
Feb 2013
Crowlage said:
Man I wish I could erase me mind and re-watch higurashi xD

Don't we all.
May 6, 2014 2:47 AM

Apr 2013
Getting answers and getting confused at the same time. Somehow it is a Revelation, that this drug is actually a parasite, but on the opposite it's not something entirely new in the way, that we already knew that something was going on with those syringes everywhere, we just thought it was a drug.

But I like that theory, that the others always wanted to help and give him the vaccine, it would be a nice twist! xD
May 17, 2014 6:37 AM

Jan 2014
Rena's nice detective work xD
Aug 8, 2014 4:49 PM

Aug 2013
This is just stupid, parasites my ass, the demon and god angle is far more interesting. LAMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Sep 24, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
chillock said:
This is just stupid, parasites my ass, the demon and god angle is far more interesting. LAMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

You are lame.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 21, 2014 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
Parasites? Lame. I really hope that isn't the answer. Instead of something supernatural and mysterious they go with a scientific and logical answer. I hope it's just a smokescreen.
Nov 2, 2014 10:03 PM

Nov 2013
Oooh parasites...

The plot points continue to slowly fall into place...

Takano is still as sexy as ever! ♥

Fascinating episode! Only two more episodes before I'm done with this season and it will finally get less mindfucky!

Feb 6, 2015 7:50 PM

Jan 2014
DeathfireD said:

Wow this was a great ep.

This is a pretty good theory, but is this really the same arc as before? I had to check to make sure I was watching the right episode O.o
Mar 2, 2015 7:28 PM

Aug 2014
It's call finally starting to make some damn sense.
Mar 23, 2015 4:51 AM
Nov 2014
God damn parasites.
Apr 17, 2015 12:07 AM

Nov 2011
I don't mind we get most things explained, but cramming it all into one episode was not the best way to go about it.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 30, 2015 12:21 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty interesting, so I guess that's why people are clawing their own throats out. I'm assuming the drug that they're injecting people with is some form of the parasite that they're trying to revive.

It also would explain crazy Rena and Mion in the first arc, so maybe this arc actually is gonna tie in with the first one, we'll see.
May 17, 2015 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
WolfWood37 said:
I mean every story has a beginning middle and end, they don't hit the reboot button multiple times through the same story to tell alternate versions...unless it's something like Groundhog Day were you live the same day over and over. So what I'm saying us that unless there is really is some sort of magic/mystical element here that's been hinted at in every arc, the multiple arcs do not make sense.

It could be a very far-end idea but since the events tie in with each other, they may be living in a repeated cycle. Maybe that's the way the Higurashi realm works. But there's so many possibilities...

Well, I like this parasite theory. It explains a hell of a lot of what's been going on and what causes these sudden snaps of psychosis. Yet I can't help but think the writers are gonna pull another string on us and discredit this theory...somehow.

That's why this anime is so addicting. You never really know until you reach the end. I'm sure kai will provide even more answers.
Aug 8, 2015 4:38 AM
Jan 2013
lsumi said:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT KILLER BUGS AAAAARGH question it might sound weird but does those bugs/parasites rly excist ??? i hope not Y_Y

next ep ( pls no killer parasite onegai!!!)

Grtz lsumi

(WARNING: This stuff can be creepy in some way...)
Aug 10, 2015 10:54 AM

Oct 2014
Huh, that was really interesting. Definitely cleared up a lot. Rena is turning into a likeable character for sure!
Sep 3, 2016 2:18 PM
Nov 2010
dvl_ said:
I still think this arc is worse than the previous ones. It kinda goes off the track - first showing Rena's attitude to her father's actions, explaining her family background and suddenly we have a RIDICULOUS theory about parasites being the cause of the whole Hinamizawa craziness? Come on, this is stupid.

I'm not sure if this is a red herring or not. Certainly there's no specific reason to think it's what's "actually" going on (yet), but hard to say what's going to happen.

If the answer is "just" parasites then... I'm having flashbacks to midichlorians all over again ^.^
Jan 3, 2017 2:00 AM

Sep 2016
biooterrorismmm detective rena on the case
Facta Non Verba
Sep 8, 2017 4:14 AM

May 2015
So the parasites. Not bad.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 8, 2018 5:59 AM

Sep 2017
Finally, the mystery is revealed. Well, not completely, but at least we get a hint. I hope they explain more and about the different arcs. If they don't, this will be just a point to point VN adaptation.

And Ooishi is quite suspicious. He is definitely having so much freedom of investigation for someone getting close to the truth.

Bioterrorism. It has been a very very long time since I have seen something with that as a plot point. 10 years, to be exact. I think that the horny woman finally accomplished something after all. But maybe those parasites have something to do with going back in time??? Fingers crossed for Edge of Tomorrow reference.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 15, 2019 6:09 AM

Aug 2018
Oh wow another plot twist. So basically there's no Gods and there's no demons, it's just a parasite and a bunch of fanatical humans. This explains the clawing of one's neck with their nails. The maggots looking thing in the blood might be a side effect of the parasite or it could just be hallucinations. I suppose hearing sounds like footsteps is also another symptom of the parasite.

I'm guessing all the people in the three main families are compatible with the virus. It would be beneficial to them if they're the only ones allowed to go and come to the village, they'd have all the power. The shrine that is locked may have been the place where they used to pull out people's intestines and make vaccines.

One supernatural aspect that hasn't been explained yet is Rika's ability to see into the future. She also claims to be Oyashiro-sama's reincarnation so honestly I'm not sure whether the God is real or not at this point.
<Insert clever quote>
Aug 1, 2019 2:40 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, this episode was a giant pile of information. Seems like logic was behind Mion's, Shion's, and others' "demon" state; the parasite infection was behind it. Great plot twist.
Dec 27, 2019 7:03 PM
Dec 2019
This is make sense now and I've theory concept idea to this anime that actually in previous arc

Some scene could be truth and have connections to this arc with the other bizarre arcs were Keichi always die probably, those arc made for confusing us so we never realize the true information on each arc eps, like "twilight zone" stuff, fore tales or dreams to made us believe on Oyashiro demon curse or ghost exist ..

First arc and so on make us believe in such curse or paranormal things really happen in that village and keep confusing us while adds true information and mixing it with false information storyline.

then continue with arc that telling past with true information and finally link it with story line that trully happening.. this is just like reader response, were we find little information in each eps but only some of them are true.

so, we as viewer need to analyze which one the true information is to linked with other scene to made the true storyline
myBoneismySwordDec 27, 2019 7:19 PM
Mar 20, 2020 3:52 AM

Dec 2013
Oh, seriously didn't expect about that Parasites part at all.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 23, 2020 6:25 PM
Sep 2019
What this has to do with the previous storyline of Rena killing those two? It felt like I was watching a new arc, but I don't think that is the case.
By episode 24/26 it finally dawned on me: I am so bored by the story that my mind wanders while watching and I miss pieces of information.
Mar 27, 2020 3:33 PM
Mar 2020
Who's else is watching higurashi no Nakj Koro ni in 2020? I started to watch Tuesday and now I'm finishing.
I liked the story a lot, even with the bunch of arcs (:
Apr 24, 2020 1:20 AM

Feb 2018
I will start to like Rena.
May 5, 2020 6:35 PM
Apr 2019
Talk about a watershed episode; all this time, I truly believed that the curse was paranormal but now I get it; 10/10
May 26, 2020 12:44 PM

May 2018
It's always the damn parasites xD

Man, does this have any relevance to the first arc in any way?
Jun 26, 2020 7:23 AM

Apr 2020
Oh. Is it really an answer arc for the first question arc? I don't think so. The spirited away arc is not really confusing and doesn't hold so much question like the other question arc. So, I think the first arc (Spirited Away) answers are scattered in the other question and answer arcs.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.