Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2016 8:30 AM

Sep 2014
Amazing episode. Reinhart is godly, but his reaction towards felt worries me. I wonder what's to come next. ..
Apr 18, 2016 8:32 AM

Aug 2012
ColdBreeze said:
NeoRevan said:
Ah, that was a good episodes, easily my AOTS. I love Time Travel shows, even if I have suspicions this isn't quite a time travel shows. The action was stellar, and I spend almost more time pondering the answer to all these puzzles than I actually watch the shows. Glad Groundhog day is done, even with how much I love this show, too many more cycles of it would start to grate on my nerves something fierce.

Do you dislike the loops generally, or the loops for "day one"? I hope it's the letter, because the loops will appear again and again.

Oh yeah, it was just the day. The idea in general I like, I was just getting worried about that same day overstaying its welcome so to speak. Like, I might have been able to handle another episode, maybe two, but I was really hoping it would end with this episode which it did. So I'm happy and looking forward to this new mystery.
Apr 18, 2016 8:33 AM

Jul 2012
A bit of a step-up from the other 2 episodes; that out of place comedy is still pretty bad though.
Apr 18, 2016 8:36 AM

Aug 2012
xFlashBeater said:
I thought he was gonna die and have to restart again after he did everything correct LOL

That would be so Fire Emblem, it would kill me. To do everything perfectly right, have a few close calls, but to then get to the end and basically have RNG screw you over, that might break me.
Apr 18, 2016 8:39 AM

Sep 2015
I think it was okay, not bad but not just good enough.
Apr 18, 2016 9:01 AM

Mar 2014
fcking shit! i thought he's gonna die again when they found out that the club didnt help at all and hes gonna wake up in front of apples again. i almost punched my screen lol. good thing emilia patched him up real good this time.
and man, i hope reinhard wouldnt be a potential threat later. he's too op, you wouldnt want him on the other side rekting your sorry ass. as if that disemboweling fetish chick isnt enough
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Apr 18, 2016 9:14 AM

Jan 2008
Reinhard had an epic entrance and I hope to see Elsa soon
Apr 18, 2016 9:26 AM

Sep 2011
I had so many fangasms this episode, I finally understand how Hisoka feels and there are still more 22 episodes. Ah, my hype intensifies with each new episode.

5/5
Apr 18, 2016 10:13 AM

Jun 2015
For the whole episode, I was like "the heck?!" all the time, while giggling for unknown reason, eh.

Reinhart is awesome there, wish for more.
Apr 18, 2016 10:21 AM
Feb 2009
dam Reinhard too strong thot Subaru was gonna die again..
Apr 18, 2016 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
I like the various questions that just popped up into my head. It will be interesting to see why Felt committed such a high crime.
Apr 18, 2016 11:18 AM

May 2015
Holy crap. Amazing episode. Reinhard is powerful as fuck. What an epic fight. I wonder what exactly triggered his reaction there at the end.

Apr 18, 2016 11:40 AM

Feb 2016
I almost had a heart attack when Subaru got cut again.
That first person shot, WOW... and it would be great if Subaru got a checkpoint.

5/5
Apr 18, 2016 11:47 AM

Apr 2015
Kitoge said:
I like the various questions that just popped up into my head. It will be interesting to see why Felt committed such a high crime.

One of the great things about this story is that the author actually rewards such thinking. That's the one nice thing he does to you besides ripping your heart out :(

I love to craft wishful theories while I'm reading the source material and either get completely surprised or confirmed in my thought :)!
Apr 18, 2016 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
The way Reinhart unleashed that final attack I shouted Excalibur! Damn that Fate.

Also the way he mourned for the sword was just too funny.
I need sleep.
Apr 18, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2015
YOO REINHARD WAS FUCKING OP
Apr 18, 2016 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, the battle was pretty well done. I have high hopes for this show. So many questions that need answering but guess we'll get them soon enough, long way to go yet.

Glad Subaru didn't die at the end and have his time reset yet again. I actually thought he would have to go through all of that again lol.
Apr 18, 2016 1:11 PM

Oct 2014
ColdBreeze said:
Ckaos_Inkarnate said:
I sure hope this is considered a check point/save point for him....

It is, don't worry. But you will see it a couple of times.<-- Doesn't count as spoiler, right?

Yes and no. For any other series I would say "What the heck, dude?! Why would you spoil that?" Well, in my head anyway. I wouldn't bother typing a reply in the forums in that case. But for this series well...it's kind of a given that he's going to die, and I'm kind of glad that he doesn't have to start ALL OVER again every time, because that would kind of get annoying after a while, I'd say.

I do have to wonder what causes a checkpoint to be triggered though (don't answer that). It can't be surviving a near-death experience, because that wouldn't explain the checkpoint right at the shop (because that wasn't where he first appeared when he first came into this world).
Apr 18, 2016 1:13 PM

Mar 2009
This episode deilvers
Apr 18, 2016 1:21 PM
Nov 2014
iRels said:
Strident said:

I don't think the insignia was reacting from the animation? At least, it didn't seem any brighter or different (that one comes down to resolution and how they cared about drawing it though) when it was in Felt's hands compared to Emilia.

If it is the case that Felt is part-witch, then how did Reinhard know she is one? Just for possessing it maybe? Is the insignia untouchable by anyone except witches and elves/other special people? Also, Elsa killed Felt and Rom in loop 1 before Subaru even got there. If her objective was only the insignia, then why would she do that if it seemed like they were going to trade it (I doubt Felt would've gotten too greedy and not have made the trade under the advice of Rom since they were going to make a trade with Subaru in loop 2)? Could this reason be related?

It has to be the insignia... I had other guesses but they'd be stretching it too much. Something that might be important as to verify whether the insignia was reacting or not is: was it ever shown in the hands of another character...up-close? If it hasn't then that red shine might not have been normal... perhaps it should be normally darkened. And if this is it, then it might explain why Elsa killed them the first time. And the giant old man held the insignia for a while... but it didn't show up-close.

I think the red shine is probably just the crystal under the light of moonlight, so I do not think it is 'reacting'. I think it would be sort of weird for Reinhard to return the insignia if that was the case. There are other reasons for why Reinhard could have reacted the way he did, so I don't think that the insignia 'reacting' is any more likely than other possible explanations. I'm personally leaning towards the 'Emilia/Her family is actually really important in society/culture' explanation and that Felt being able to hold it represents some kind of heresy (maybe something to do with Emilia being an elf creates and exception for her).
Apr 18, 2016 1:24 PM

Apr 2015
Oh as a source material reader it's so great to see how people craft theories and speculate about the smallest details. Just keep on going with that, it will pay off :)!
Apr 18, 2016 1:52 PM

Oct 2014
ColdBreeze said:
MegaShadowFist said:
I do have to wonder what causes a checkpoint to be triggered though (don't answer that). It can't be surviving a near-death experience, because that wouldn't explain the checkpoint right at the shop (because that wasn't where he first appeared when he first came into this world).

Maybe I should delete my comment?

And I won't. But it has a explanation, so we all have to wait (a little) longer.

It's up to you, really. I'd say the comment is fair game though.
Apr 18, 2016 1:57 PM

Jul 2015
Yuuichi Nakamura :)

Instant 10/10

Apr 18, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:

It's really hard to predict the story. Most of the time it comes so unexpected. If an anime-only has a correct theory right now or after seeing episode 4, I would be impressed tbh.

You're right, almost every time I got really surprised. I'd even say it's impossible to predict anything. But there is so much to craft theories about. The smallest things are so complex due to the world building and I just love to see how anime only do the same thing I did while reading it :D

Ah geez, guess I'll continue reading the 4th arc now :D
Apr 18, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode. Couldn't have hoped for any better.
I was worried that Elsa would get killed off or captured, but fortunately she got away.
She's a cool fucking villain.
Apr 18, 2016 3:31 PM

Sep 2008
I wasn't sure if im up for all the gutting and death in all kinds of ways thats expected from this title
but damn how can i skip this show after this episode :o
~_~ !
Apr 18, 2016 3:32 PM

Aug 2010
Reinhard stole this episode! I knew he'd be a OP since his first appearance.
Apr 18, 2016 4:01 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Excellent battle, really satisfying episode. Suburu was totally awesome this time around. Really glad everyone survived this time.

I'm really enjoying this show, so glad it's 25 episodes long!
Apr 18, 2016 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Strident said:
iRels said:

It has to be the insignia... I had other guesses but they'd be stretching it too much. Something that might be important as to verify whether the insignia was reacting or not is: was it ever shown in the hands of another character...up-close? If it hasn't then that red shine might not have been normal... perhaps it should be normally darkened. And if this is it, then it might explain why Elsa killed them the first time. And the giant old man held the insignia for a while... but it didn't show up-close.

I think the red shine is probably just the crystal under the light of moonlight, so I do not think it is 'reacting'. I think it would be sort of weird for Reinhard to return the insignia if that was the case. There are other reasons for why Reinhard could have reacted the way he did, so I don't think that the insignia 'reacting' is any more likely than other possible explanations. I'm personally leaning towards the 'Emilia/Her family is actually really important in society/culture' explanation and that Felt being able to hold it represents some kind of heresy (maybe something to do with Emilia being an elf creates and exception for her).

She...might be part of the nobility. Maybe I didn't want to consider it, for it being...too cliché? Eh. I don't think that there's a probability of she being someone who's hated anymore, because Reinhard treated her with care when he made her fall unconscious... (I kind of ignored this.)

And no, Reinhard had to return the insignia because it was something really important for Emilia. I don't think it'd be fine for him to take it away from her. (He also said that it being stolen was also a crime and such... meaning that he wouldn't do the same that Felt did... not without a good explanation as to why.) What might've been important is that the insignia could've identified Felt as something...

There is also the possibility of a prophecy... but that's something that I'd consider 'stretching it'.
Apr 18, 2016 6:48 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Is there going to be an explanation for that ridiculous stomach slice delay or was that just poor writing? He danced and posed around for several minutes and then his stomach slashes open precisely as they notice the club was severed. Hmm...

Anyway, the action sequences were easy on the eyes. The MC is mediocre at best, but I have still managed to enjoy the series thus far.
Apr 18, 2016 7:47 PM

Aug 2012
7thFonon said:

Anyways, I can't wait to see Elsa come back for a rematch. Even though she kind of lost the fight to Reinhard, that 1 vs 5 performance was so good. Hands down my favorite character in this show now.

Ya.. It's not like I want elsa to be killed I just find it weird, Even I mesmerized by Elsa as a villain and Noto, Mamiko's voice really fit to her :)
Apr 18, 2016 9:13 PM
Jun 2010
oh my god this is so awesome
Apr 18, 2016 9:18 PM

Nov 2014
Damn this episode was pretty good!
Episode 1 -7/10
Episode 2 -8/10
Episode 3 -9/10

Apr 18, 2016 9:47 PM

Feb 2015
When did Natsuki learned to fight?
Apr 18, 2016 10:15 PM

Sep 2013
It is me or, but Elsa is Hot as fuck
Apr 18, 2016 10:23 PM

Nov 2014
KaitoKief said:

nope elsa won't return, cuz she will be on arc (can't remember if it's 4 or 5) the anime will be adapting only arc 3
Apr 18, 2016 10:28 PM

Nov 2014
Genix said:
Cool, and it only took him 3 tries!

wait until we reach arc 3

Apr 18, 2016 10:30 PM

Feb 2013
I like the story so far but the dialogue is really grating. People don't talk like that, at least I don't think so.
Apr 18, 2016 11:19 PM

Sep 2015
THE LOOP IS BROKEN ♡ for now at least
That Reinhard's rescue was badass. That fight too; I don't think I've rooted so hard for anyone in a while.
LOL'd at Subaru's antics and Satella turning out to be Emilia. Wonder what's up with Felt though.
I'm sorta mad I didn't get to hear the ED clearly haha. ✩ Oh well that's what the previous episode is for. 5/5
Apr 18, 2016 11:42 PM

May 2015
Pretty badass episode! Awesome combination of 360 and FPS scene. One of the best fighting scene I've seen in an anime!

Although what bothers me is that an Minase Inori plays a supporting character called Rem while Takahashi Rie, plays the lead role. Especially since Minase Inori played a lot of big lead roles like Hestia, Chino and Yuki. Those three characters are quite popular and big last year.

I don't have a problem with Takahashi Rie, since I loved her Megumin's voice, but I just thought it's weird. Since Minase Inori won the 10th Seiyuu Awards, I thought the anime would give her the lead role instead of Takahashi Rie. I also think that Minase Inori would actually fits Emilia's role, since she also voiced Hestia.
Apr 18, 2016 11:48 PM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
Pretty badass episode! Awesome combination of 360 and FPS scene. One of the best fighting scene I've seen in an anime!

Although what bothers me is that an Minase Inori plays a supporting character called Rem while Takahashi Rie, plays the lead role. Especially since Minase Inori played a lot of big lead roles like Hestia, Chino and Yuki. Those three characters are quite popular and big last year.

I don't have a problem with Takahashi Rie, since I loved her Megumin's voice, but I just thought it's weird. Since Minase Inori won the 10th Seiyuu Awards, I thought the anime would give her the lead role instead of Takahashi Rie. I also think that Minase Inori would actually fits Emilia's role, since she also voiced Hestia.

There's two reasons for that.

1. A voice actor don't play lead roles all the time. Some of them will play supporting roles, even after being a big-shot voice actor. Just like Hanazawa Kana, you'd see that she don't always play lead main roles.

2. Rem is best girl. That is enough explanation. Best girl is given the best voice fitting to her character. Just like Megumin with Takahashie Rie, Rem should be good with Minase Inori.

Apr 19, 2016 12:51 AM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:
DarkingDawning said:

1. A voice actor don't play lead roles all the time. Some of them will play supporting roles, even after being a big-shot voice actor. Just like Hanazawa Kana, you'd see that she don't always play lead main roles.

2. Rem is best girl. That is enough explanation. Best girl is given the best voice fitting to her character. Just like Megumin with Takahashie Rie, Rem should be good with Minase Inori.

I'm not so sure about Rem. Appearance wise, I think Emilia is the best. A half-elf, white hair, kind girl is good. We'll just have to see I guess.
Apr 19, 2016 1:44 AM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
DarklordVor said:

I'm not so sure about Rem. Appearance wise, I think Emilia is the best. A half-elf, white hair, kind girl is good. We'll just have to see I guess.

How could anyone say that! Rem is absolutely adorable and awesome! Ah well, you guys won't see her best girl personality until at least episode 6 lol. So I'm just gonna leave this here.

Apr 19, 2016 1:51 AM

Aug 2009
They didn't give a damn about the well being of Old Man Rom's house.

Who could resist helping this face!
Apr 19, 2016 2:57 AM

Jan 2008
MaxXZoe said:
KaitoKief said:

nope elsa won't return, cuz she will be on arc (can't remember if it's 4 or 5) the anime will be adapting only arc 3

Time to read the light novel
Apr 19, 2016 3:42 AM

Jul 2014
Fappa said:
ColdBreeze said:

It's really hard to predict the story. Most of the time it comes so unexpected. If an anime-only has a correct theory right now or after seeing episode 4, I would be impressed tbh.

You're right, almost every time I got really surprised. I'd even say it's impossible to predict anything. But there is so much to craft theories about. The smallest things are so complex due to the world building and I just love to see how anime only do the same thing I did while reading it :D

Ah geez, guess I'll continue reading the 4th arc now :D

I re-watched and re-analysed that last scene and it seems to be really simple (and thanks @iRels for your insight - it might not be far from truth :-)).

Reinhard knew that Emilia lost something and Subaru is going to get it back. He didn't knew what exactly it was and so was going to turn a blind eye to Felt stealing property of Emilia, but not to her holding this sigil. The same symbol/crest was shown in first episode on some arch in the town. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce it's most likely some kind of royal crest. If that's the case then maybe only limited number of people are allowed to hold this kind of sigil? That's why he asked for her family name and age.

I don't think it's magically protected to not be touched by unauthorized people, although it must have some kind of magic imbued within it (why would it be so important otherwise?). If it is so, it might be used as some kind of key to enter some very important place.

Well, that's my theory about that :-)
Apr 19, 2016 4:02 AM

Jan 2014
MC needs to talk less, though I'll admit that moment when he tried to play it smooth while askin Emilia's name was really funny. Other than that great episode. Elsa and Reinhard do certainly mean business, and their little skirmish did a good job at showing how painfully outclassed Subaru and Emilia actually were; before Best Boy showed up it was hardly anything more than a game to Elsa and she definitely could've put an end to it anytime she wanted. Funnily enough, despite all the claims of Reinhard being completely OP and the flashiness of his attack, it seems to have dealt little to no visible damage to Elsa. Now I'm sure this would be a whole 'nother story if Best Boy was using his real sword but still, one must admit that Bowel Huntress-san herself is pretty damn tough.

The animation and choreography of the fights were top notch, and I'm glad the staff decided to spend an entire episode on it. Only real complaint on my part is the dialogue, and not just because of MC-kun (whose awkwardness is kindof understandable, if a little grating): I don't mind a bit of banter in between two intense action scenes as a way for the characters to gauge each other's strength or to properly introduce them but I can't help but feel they went way overboard with it, to the point of feeling a bit stilted half the time. But like I already pointed out, it hardly detracts from the overall quality of the episode.

It seems like something about Felt caught Reinhard's eye near the end, though we know he didn't particularly care about the insignia nor the fact that it was stolen, since he gave it back to Emilia almost immediately after putting loli thief to sleep. Was it because it was kinda glowing? The glow itself is really not pronounced so I could be wrong and it may not even be glowing at all, but let's assume it does anyway: if the insignia somehow reacts to Felt, then what does that make her that would require her being locked up? And why doesn't Emilia, as the owner of the insignia, seem to notice nor know anything about this but somehow Best Boy does?
Many questions to be answered.
SapewlothApr 20, 2016 9:33 AM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Apr 19, 2016 5:23 AM

Nov 2014
KaitoKief said:
MaxXZoe said:

there is no translated Ln for re:zero because it is licensed and the Yen press vol.1 will be on july 19, 2016...

i have read the Japanese WN for this and i will tell you right now, arc 3 my god the author is very sadistic it almost made me stop reading
Apr 19, 2016 6:04 AM

Mar 2016
Awesome episode!!!

I thought about waiting till end to rate this show but the way it's going I just wanted to give it a 10 so more people should watch it. It's getting better and better every episode.
Apr 19, 2016 6:52 AM

Jan 2008
MaxXZoe said:
KaitoKief said:

there is no translated Ln for re:zero because it is licensed and the Yen press vol.1 will be on july 19, 2016...

i have read the Japanese WN for this and i will tell you right now, arc 3 my god the author is very sadistic it almost made me stop reading

Hm, that's long to wait. I know some Japanese (Hiragana, Katakana, about 200 Kanjis). For many Manga this is enough to understand the most of it. Never tried a to read light novel, but it will probably be more difficult with less Furigana...

Arc 3 sounds very interesting so far xD
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

1171 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2073 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2016

933 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1372 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

725 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 9:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.