Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Elsa attacks...as expected.

Satella's fighting skills is actually better than most may expect. Good action this episode. Gotta give Subaru some credit for his bravery this episode though. Also glad to see Rinehard showing up to help. Pretty thrilling episode~ Rinehard's skills are quite impressive imo.

Apr 17, 2016 9:32 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
No OP this time. No ED visuals yet either. Elsa didn't take long to appear. This episode shared some similarities with the first one, especially with that fight. Subaru got to be a badass in this episode. Luckily Felt bumped into Reinhard. He's pretty OP though. That explosion!! Subaru almost dies there (again), lol. And it seems like Emilia and Subaru are now friends. That cut Subaru got though O_O

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerApr 17, 2016 9:38 AM
Apr 17, 2016 10:20 AM
Apr 2015
where did you watch the episode alredy is it subbed? if yes pliz give link
Apr 17, 2016 10:29 AM

Apr 2015
They adapted the fight so good, oh my god. I especially love all the special things they implemented into this episode like the 360 shot around Reinhardt and the first person perspective. Oh they even adapted Reinhardt's slash perfectly. I couldn't be happier! You really can see that a lot of talented people including the director himself worked on this episode.

Now on to the second arc. Now things get real :)!
FappaApr 17, 2016 10:33 AM
Apr 17, 2016 10:51 AM

Feb 2015
Jesus Reinhard is a badass. Talk about a bonafide hero.
Apr 17, 2016 10:56 AM

Apr 2015
Action's good this episode. Subaru managed to escape death this time (with the help of the guy from earlier) and he gains the trust of Satella Emilia once more; things are seemingly picking up.
Apr 17, 2016 10:59 AM
Jul 2015

Fucking awesome! 5/5

Apr 17, 2016 11:01 AM

Nov 2014
FUCK THAT ENDING. SUBARU BETTER NOT DIE AND RESTART ALL OVER AGAIN. WHY IS ELSA SO STRONG? WHAT DID FELT DO WRONG? WHY IS REINHARD SO SERIOUS NOW? WHAT IS GOING ON!?
Hi there
Apr 17, 2016 11:02 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode with good action. Emilia-tan was cute as usual.

Second arc starts next week, I am so much hyped for it!
Apr 17, 2016 11:08 AM

Jan 2015
That was pretty damn awesome, great action and I'm really starting to like Subaru.

Crazy that we had a double episode to start off and now an episode with no OP or ED, White Fox going all out.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 17, 2016 11:10 AM

Sep 2015
Aaaaay a fighting episode, well made. Subaru's moves were epic
How did Elsa survive ??

(give me back OP)
Apr 17, 2016 11:11 AM
Apr 2015
Volume 2 story start's next episode hype
Apr 17, 2016 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:
That was pretty damn awesome, great action and I'm really starting to like Subaru.

Crazy that we had a double episode to start off and now an episode with no OP or ED, White Fox going all out.

I know right!? All the camera work and perspectives that were shown to us. Fluent animations throughout the entire episode. Also from a LN readers standpoint they adapted this perfectly and finally we are able to see some real differences to the manga version.

Yeah I was also surprised. But hey that shows us how serious they are about the right pacing. Let's cut out the OP and ED for the sake of more content!
Apr 17, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2015
The entire episode was basically a full-blown battle in a single room. It's times like this I'm glad White Fox is doing the animation cause that looked awesome. Also, I groaned in my head when Subaru's chest opened up, that would've been so disappointing, I'm just dreading when and how he'll eventually die again.
Apr 17, 2016 11:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was even more awesome than I thought it would be
Apr 17, 2016 11:21 AM
Jul 2015
White fox is pretty much "who cares about the OP or ED visuals, we have an awesome ED theme, let's use that time wasted on making more scenes and bring out most of the content than squishing it". Visuals and the BGM has a very good chemistry to give the best presentation.

This episode is so tense and the fighting scenes are awesome. It looks like that insignia has much complicated situation than it seems.

Also, did Subaru took lessons from Jackie Chan? Those tables really saves people's ass.

Best anime of the season right here.
BlackPunisher76Apr 17, 2016 11:31 AM
Apr 17, 2016 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
I sure hope this is considered a check point/save point for him....

Great fight scene and Emilia's smile was too cute!
Apr 17, 2016 11:26 AM

May 2012
I don't care what nobody says, Elsa is that bitch! My favorite character.

Damn this was a damn good episode.I was so surprise how amazing the action was in this episode. Puck fighting then Emilia, then my boy Subaru , and Reinhard cam through at then end. Still you got to give my girl Elsa credit. She not no puck bitch. She was with the shits.

The ending was kind of crazy and a little funny. Idk why, but I laugh when Subaru got cut. Felt like he was thinking (Damn she got me again) know he was mad. Reinhard freaked out about something. Perfect timing to because it really did look like a happy ending. Also happy Emilia gave Subaru her real name.

Man I can't wait till next week. Happy the series I wanted to watch is turning out so good. (Well at least imo).

5/5
AntearionApr 17, 2016 11:32 AM
Apr 17, 2016 11:27 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
THAT FUCKING 360 SHOT! Oh my goodness.

Subaru and Emilia sure can fight, that is actually awesome that they can defend themselves so well. Elsa is not dead, YES! She will return definitely :D

Subaru x Emilia <3 <3 <3

Reinhard seems to have caught on on something bad, he was quite in a little panic. What was going on there?
Apr 17, 2016 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
I couldn't agree more with Subaru. Reinhard is OP :D

So what did Reinhard noticed?
Apr 17, 2016 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
Great end to the arc. Kinda glad Elsa is still alive. Definitely want more of her in the future. One hell of a psycho sexy bitch XD Gotta love her and her fighting style.

Subaru did quite the good job himself. Loved how he just called for Puck to protect Emilia. And the scene where he stylishly asked for Emilia's name was so lol

Emilia's smile while answering was heart meltingly cute. She's adorable. Can't wait to see her and Subaru's interactions at her house nxt week.

Now for Reinhard. Damn he's OP asf! And I thought Elsa was OP but he REKT her without even unsheathing his sword without breaking a sweat. Really curious about Felt tho.

I wonder if the save point is gonna be updated now lol
Apr 17, 2016 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
My anime of the season! It's like the final episode.

Apr 17, 2016 11:35 AM

Nov 2015
Woah! Just glad this ep didn't end with another revival.
Reinhard is one OP character though.
Action was great, Satella Emilia is powerful too.
Subaru doing heroic acts as usual.
Elsa is a bitch really, grows on you.
Apr 17, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
Epic fight.

Based White Fow.
Apr 17, 2016 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
BlackPunisher76 said:
White fox is pretty much "who cares about the OP or ED visuals, we have an awesome ED theme, let's use that time wasted on making more scenes and bring out most of the content than squishing it".
They know how to do great stuff :D

BlackPunisher76 said:
Also, did Subaru took lessons from Jackie Chan? Those tables really saves people's ass.
Looks like so :D
That was really nice move, which saved the day (if Felt didn't make it out of the loot house, Reinhard wouldn't come there).

BlackPunisher76 said:
Best anime of the season right here.
Definitely. I don't know what could beat it.
Apr 17, 2016 11:40 AM

Apr 2015
GosuGian said:
My anime of the season! It's like the final episode.

I got the feeling too but this is only the end of the prologue. If you compare it with the entirety of the current story then this was maybe 5%. So you see, there is a lot to look forward to.
Apr 17, 2016 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

I know right!? All the camera work and perspectives that were shown to us. Fluent animations throughout the entire episode. Also from a LN readers standpoint they adapted this perfectly and finally we are able to see some real differences to the manga version.

Yeah I was also surprised. But hey that shows us how serious they are about the right pacing. Let's cut out the OP and ED for the sake of more content!

Every action scene so far has been very well animated which is really good since it seems action scene's, so far anyway, are rare so when we do get them they are very entertaining.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 17, 2016 11:52 AM

Apr 2014
Reinhard is soo fucking badass

Apr 17, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
Omg, I literally flipped the table when it looked like Subaru was going to die from another surprise Cesarean! Glad story is moving on, can't wait to see what happens next, especially what's happening with Felt now.
Apr 17, 2016 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
ColdBreeze said:
Ckaos_Inkarnate said:
I sure hope this is considered a check point/save point for him....

It is, don't worry. But you will see it a couple of times.<-- Doesn't count as spoiler, right?

Nope, thanks for clearing my doubts! This show would get boring fast if we kept seeing the same start over and over again, and I would go crazy if I were him.
Apr 17, 2016 11:55 AM

Jan 2015
bobzanny said:

It wasn't anything special. They probably didn't know how to end the 1st episode with just 24 minutes, and animated the 1st and 2nd episode together (as you can see, normally a show would have 24 or 26 episodes)
Apr 17, 2016 12:00 PM

Sep 2011
It's been a while since I've been so hooked for an anime and you know it's really good when you hate wating for another week so much. 5/5 like always.

I respect studio White Fox for leaving out the OP/ED and providing us more content in this weeks episode, but I still wanted the ED visuals so bad... Well, I guess the wait continues...
Apr 17, 2016 12:01 PM

Jun 2014
I'm not gonna lie, for a second I thought Subaru died again and would have to start all over. That would have sucked so much because he finally achieved his goal.

Holy crap, Reinhard is a beast! His battle against Elsa was so intense! Looks like we might get more Elsa in the future since she's still alive, and I can't wait to see more of what Reinhard can do. Hell, even Subaru did a decent job of fighting in this episode. It's nice that he finally learned Satella's real name, but I'm more interested in what Reinhard was freaking out about at the end. And his little comment about that moment possibly being the last time they can look at the moon calmly gave me a vibe of some ominous foreshadowing.......overall, great episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 17, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
Damn White Fox, talk about one hell of a good fight. And only in the third episode as well. Particularly loved that sequence shot from Elsa's POV, and that 360 degree shot as well. Nearly had me going for a moment there with the slash across Subaru's stomach, but at least he didn't die again this time (although this show's premise dictates that it's going to happen again regardless of that).

Also, what was with Reinhard's reaction to Felt upon seeing the insignia? I don't see how he can possibly connect that to Felt to trigger such a reaction when it belongs to Emilia.
Apr 17, 2016 12:03 PM

Nov 2007
Is Reinhard the most OP character of this season? That kick on her right at the start must have hurt badly. Poor Elsa was no match.

Good thing that they have found such a powerful ally. While it was predictable that Felt would get help from Reinhard once she got the chance to escape that place, it was still grand the way Reinhard turned the dire situation without having to drop a sweat.

I wonder if Felt is somehow from a noble family or something. Dunno, just got that idea seeing how Reinhard reacted.

At least I am glad that we have passed this point. A new checkpoint perhaps?

Easily the most entertaining anime of the season. 5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 17, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2015
so all that talk is to "buying" time. LOL
Well that Magic battle plus some CQC is surely impresive. And Reihard coming right after I think Subaru's losing one of his foot.
Damn it, just what happen with Reinhard and that badge? He become less "gentleman" because of it. Aahh, curiosity.
MasceraApr 17, 2016 12:14 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 17, 2016 12:12 PM

Aug 2015
Reinhard has just got in my favourite characters list. This anime is very, very good. I love it! Cannot wait for the next episodes.
Apr 17, 2016 12:15 PM

Dec 2014
Excellent episode, I must say this show is turning out to be really good. Started it on a whim but I'm really liking this.

Action was nice, Elsa is quite strong but Reinhard is an OP badass xD

Emilia is such a nice name, That smile <3
So is her name Emilia Satella? Why did she say Satella the first time?

Felt seems to have caught Reinhard's eye.
Can't wait for the next episode so we can learn more about Emilia and Felt.
Apr 17, 2016 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
The fight was so epic.

Subaru almost nearly died and good to see Emilia healed him.

Elsa is so strong! Reinhard is so badass!
Apr 17, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2015
Emilia's smile brings happiness to my soul

Reinhard was so freaking badass, he destroyed the whole place with one attack, even the sword became nothing but dust, I really want to see more about the emblem and why Reinhard is so worried about it.
Apr 17, 2016 12:19 PM
Aug 2010
I panicked at the thought of Subaru dying again, but he looks fine at the end. The weeks are so long while waiting for a new episode.
Apr 17, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2015
The fight was epic
Apr 17, 2016 12:38 PM

Sep 2014
That fight was epic. Aots easily thus far.
Apr 17, 2016 12:39 PM

Jan 2016
That 360 shot was sexy af

"Stay tuned folks!"

Anime of the Season by far (excluding sequels)
Apr 17, 2016 12:42 PM
Nov 2015
There's just something incredibly ephemeral, epic, and wonderful about an OP swordsman appearing in the glistening moonlight. Major Saber-vibes in this scene, so god damn dreamy. ;A;
ShamaLlama777Apr 17, 2016 4:38 PM
Apr 17, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
I though Subaru would die for a moment. Thankfully, he was saved at the end. Glad that old man Rom also survived.

This episode was beastly. The fights were really good and thrilling and Reinhard is a total badass. Was good to see someone surpass Elsa finally after how powerful she was in the other two episodes. The ending when he takes Felt with him was intriguing.

So, her name this time is not Satella but Emilia? I like Puck very much, btw.
Apr 17, 2016 12:45 PM
Nov 2014
Decent episode this time around. Great visuals and BGM with a fight that was suitably tense. Subaru is inoffensive this time around. Emilia is quite strong during daytime, which is a good weakness to work around.

Reinhard said something rather strange at the end. "That is, indeed, no small crime. But compared to the gravity of overlooking the crime unfolding before me, it's trivial."
Then he returns the insignia, despite it being the trigger of his suspicions. If stealing the insignia is not the crime, then what is the one "unfolding before [him]"? He asks for Felt's age and family name. Perhaps the crime is of possessing the insignia for some reason? Maybe Emilia is related to a noble family and holding their insignia is a grievous crime? When Felt commented about Emilia having silver hair and being of elf heritage, she also mentioned a familial relation. Could this be to either a noble family, or is this the reason she choose Satella as an alias? Does that mean her insignia is of relation to the with Satella? But then why would Reinhard return it?

Many questions left unanswered with no clear answers...
Apr 17, 2016 12:48 PM

Mar 2015
So you're telling me that I get to see my best girl Rem next week?! I need her now :/ Damn it White Fox.

Anyway, as expected from White Fox. They delivered the animation battle pretty well in this episode. I really like Elsa's voice actor, she really is fitting for the role.

Being Subaru is suffering.

Apr 17, 2016 12:48 PM

Jul 2015
This episode is so damn epic. First the battle raised the tension to the maximum, where I wondered whether Subaru survives it or not, and then the cliffhanger with the crime comes at the end.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 17, 2016 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
I though Subaru would die for a moment. Thankfully, he was saved at the end. Glad that old man Rom also survived.

This episode was beastly. The fights were really good and thrilling and Reinhard is a total badass. Was good to see someone surpass Elsa finally after how powerful she was in the other two episodes. The ending when he takes Felt with him was intriguing.

So, her name this time is not Satella but Emilia? I like Puck very much, btw.

Not this time, but that was always her name, she used that alias of evil witch. Remember what puck had to say in ep 1 when she told her name "you have bad taste".
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - 7 hours ago

27 by IhnalakoKaina »»
3 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.