Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Big Order
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2016 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
4kicks said:
Ichigo Eiji has to save his sister!

Watched this and thought it was pretty good. A bit "meh" at times, but still enjoyable nonetheless. Wanted more so I watched the OVA released years ago, and the difference was night and day. It's amazing how terrible that was compared to this first episode. I had no idea WTF was going on in the OVA with it jumping around everywhere, but this first episode of the TV series was consistent in the story progression so it was much easier and more entertaining to follow. I guess that makes sense though since they have more time to spread things out in a full series rather than try to cram everything into half a hour OVA.

Apparently they used the OVA as an advertisement to the manga series.
Then again, I went to read the manga after the OVA because that was confusing as fuck.

In the end the manga is decent.
Apr 15, 2016 2:04 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good start, didn't expect the last segment to be that way =/
Stopped reading manga for the upcoming adaptation (i think it was announced very fast). If it would be 1 cour don't think that it would be completely finished and i think manga is still continuing, so that's my concern.
Apr 15, 2016 2:08 PM

Feb 2016
Zarconeus238 said:
I want to say he just tortured her by binding her body as tight as he could but let's be honest, the way she was speaking came off as he was doing something 18+ to her.

You read my mind, I was half expecting the scene to fade back in from black to avoid it coming across this way but instead we're left to wonder...
Apr 15, 2016 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
TheLittleRedHero said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Watching this to get an idea of how much better he's gotten ahead of Rewrite, he's going to knock it right out of the park.

If I can judge based on the tone I guess he has gotten better. Then again if I remember Rewrite was made in 2011 or released in 2011 (I've played it this year LOL but still) in here it seems like he still has the all in all seriousness... and some screaming :3
Oh the screaming is well established already from Ichigo and Shin(Kingdom), and the low tone opening he gave here sounded just as good as Rewrite's intro monologue. I'm more concerned about the intermediate stuff, but it seems good to me.
Apr 15, 2016 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
AlexTheRiot said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

If I can judge based on the tone I guess he has gotten better. Then again if I remember Rewrite was made in 2011 or released in 2011 (I've played it this year LOL but still) in here it seems like he still has the all in all seriousness... and some screaming :3
Oh the screaming is well established already from Ichigo and Shin(Kingdom), and the low tone opening he gave here sounded just as good as Rewrite's intro monologue. I'm more concerned about the intermediate stuff, but it seems good to me.

I still think he's still doing a good job with Eiji at the moment. But Big Order seems like a good place to see how he would go for Rewrite at least (even though I have read its manga a few months ago, but I already knew he was going to voice Eiji)
Apr 15, 2016 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
THAT MUSIC! didn't expect that :O
The quality was good as well, they're really going with a psychedelic feel with the start and the flashbacks :)

Morita is perfect as Eiji :'(
Really nice ep, they rearranged alot of scenes but I hope they continue the fight next week and not skip it entirely.

AYYE, that hentai ending XD

Apr 15, 2016 2:20 PM

May 2014
Pretty entertaining for me... though there are still questions left unanswered. Hope this won't go downhill every episode
Apr 15, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, as someone who absolutely loved Mirai Nikki, I'm already really enjoying this, even if it is ridiculous in all kinds of ways. Still, at least the MC seems pretty badass with his OP power, though how the ability to control everything can lead to the destruction of the world is something I'm not exactly sure I understand.

Definitely interested to see where this goes and how much it can differentiate itself from Mirai Nikki in future episodes.
Apr 15, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2014
For a moment I thought Rin was going to end up being Sena's evil Order-form... or something.

I don't know, I didn't like it a lot, but one episode is too soon to judge. Hopefully the next episodes will convince me.
All the 'ORDER' screaming made me feel like I was watching Ace Attorney instead.
DystaniaApr 15, 2016 2:26 PM
Apr 15, 2016 2:24 PM
Aug 2015
vaikepois said:
Kurosaki Ichigo, is that you? Sole reason to watch this show already... simply cuz of Ichigo voice..

Pink girl is "Rukia"

The colonel and the people around him reminded me of how Aizen-sama was sitting together with the Espada.
It will be interesting if he (or someone else) is the real evil mastermind.
Apr 15, 2016 2:25 PM

Jan 2014
Liked it alot, definitely looks like Mirai Nikki in some ways
Apr 15, 2016 2:25 PM

Jul 2015
DJAnime said:
I'm kinda interested in the demon(?) looking thing behind them when they use their power, looking to forward to future episodes

Until I hear an official name for those (and the name is good), I'm calling them stands.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 15, 2016 2:32 PM

Sep 2014
I was really bored to be honest.

I didn't like any of the characters.

We basically have Lelouch's power jacked up. A main character with a sister complex, and a sister with a brother complex... (too much incest vibes). A Yuno wannabe. DAISY who is either Deus Ex Machina or a different C2 (giving out powers and such). We also can't forget the tentacle rape at the end, or should I say BINDOOOO DOMINATAA!!!!!!!!
Apr 15, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2013
Decent start. I like yandere female characters so it's not a problem to me.
Apr 15, 2016 2:45 PM

Dec 2015
Getting that Code Geass/Mirai Nikki vibe from this.
Apr 15, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
Hey, this guy can blow up the world... lets... threaten him, stick a sword in his sister and do everything we can to make him... blow up the world!

This show is like Death Note's super retarded baby brother. Or yeah, maybe a slightly retarded Code Geass without the mechs.
Apr 15, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
No no no no no no no no
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2016 3:11 PM

Jun 2015
Both that girl and all the viewers got brain-raped at the end.
Apr 15, 2016 3:12 PM

May 2015
Guess this first episode was an alright start. Hopefully they'll explain things better in this show. The OVA was confusing and pretty shit. That ending though. I wonder what he's doing to her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Apr 15, 2016 3:13 PM

Nov 2014
I'm calling it right now. This is going to give Pupa a run for it's money.
Apr 15, 2016 3:14 PM

Oct 2011
That rape-like ending XD

Apr 15, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2014
The episode was pretty interesting imo but I am not a fan of the OST that played during the scene where the pink haired girl stabbed the guy's sister. It didn't suit it at all..
Apr 15, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2009
Wow wow wow wow woooooooow I hate Kurenai. Hate her with a passion. I was seriously thinking it was an illusion or something with her stabbing the sister but she really did. And she wasn't even planning to heal her, he had to make her. Wow wow wow I hate her so much. Evil, crazy, selfish hoe.

But I really liked the episode. Looking forward to this ride. Still this chick isn't very smart and the organization after Eiji wasn't wise to trust this psycho. What good is it to antagonize someone with crazy power capable of destroying the world? Do you know what real assassination is? Quickly and quietly. But nooo revenge is always the answer.

I hope the organization isn't really out to kill him (actually I'm pretty sure they're not and its just this psycho chick) Even if he's the culprit he's been living his life peacefully and not causing any trouble. Plus they must be able to calculate that he was a kid at the time of the wish/destruction. So he's not some evil that needs to be eliminated. Plus they have a bunch of Orders so its not like they discriminate, its probably just the populace that hate Orders.

Mc's ability sounds cool. Now it's all down to how he uses it.
Apr 15, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
Hahaha oh man.. There is no way this series is taking itself seriously and what was with that smooth jazz playing throughout the scene where the MCs sister gets stabbed? It was beyond unfitting.

It was pretty fun though, I'm not gonna lie and when the vocal theme kicked in near the end the scene became the right amount of cheese and hype.
Apr 15, 2016 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
uzee said:
That rape-like ending XD

Can't agree more :3

Unfortunately, it was all that was worth.
Apr 15, 2016 3:31 PM

Jan 2016
You thought this was JoJo! BUT IT WAS ME, BIG ORDER!
Apr 15, 2016 3:32 PM
Dec 2015
Intersting episode can't wait to see where they go from here thought she was going to become the heroine when she was introduced as the new transfer.
Apr 15, 2016 3:36 PM

Feb 2015
It's meh so far. Seems like it has a lot of potential, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best anime of the season. Way too early to judge it. The plot is intriguing and the MC is so OP, but I mean; the sick little sister? Siscon? Pink haired, hot but mysterious/vengeful girls? That old style jazz music that plays in situations which seems a little forced to seem "unconventional"... Way too many clichéd set ups at the begining, so I'm going to keep watching hoping they'll deliver something fresh and a little insane like Mirai Nikki...but also doesn't end up following it too much either (the MC and the pinked haired girl give me too many Yuki and Yuno vibes). Just my opinion though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2016 3:56 PM

Apr 2012
This is by far the worst show this season, and yet the one I look forward to the most. Stand in awe ladies and gentlemen, a true legend is being born here, a trainwreck we will talk about for years to come!
Apr 15, 2016 4:06 PM

Dec 2015
First episode was alright. The whole premise is interesting, the fact that they're powers depend on what they wished for.
I enjoyed Mirai Nikki, so was looking forward to this when I heard of it. I see the resemblance in characters. Not entirely hooked on it yet, I'll give it a few episodes.

Apr 15, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2014
FragOutFire said:
You thought this was JoJo! BUT IT WAS ME, BIG ORDER!

Haha u sir, are a genius

✪ My Anime List ✪
✤ My Manga List ✤
❀ Monthly Anime Club ❀
♨︎ The Nook ♨︎
♪ Unpopular Anime Supporters ♪
Apr 15, 2016 4:12 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Dat first episode was ... entertainly bad.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 15, 2016 4:13 PM

May 2014
buynbaekon said:
It's meh so far. Seems like it has a lot of potential, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best anime of the season. Way too early to judge it. The plot is intriguing and the MC is so OP, but I mean; the sick little sister? Siscon? Pink haired, hot but mysterious/vengeful girls? That old style jazz music that plays in situations which seems a little forced to seem "unconventional"... Way too many clichéd set ups at the begining, so I'm going to keep watching hoping they'll deliver something fresh and a little insane like Mirai Nikki...but also doesn't end up following it too much either (the MC and the pinked haired girl give me too many Yuki and Yuno vibes). Just my opinion though.

I know what you mean... I quite enjoyed mirai nikki, maybe cuz i watched it when i was still young and inexperienced, hehe (the ending wasn't the best but eh). But with this one, i just get the feeling its gonna be a trainwreck. The main character is too op, his ability looks very incoherent and I feel asspulls are gonn be delivered all the time, cuz his power is too vast and vague. Like, it feels like he pretty much got the power to become god... Oh and yuno2.0 is like a much more shallow version of yuno (which wasn't the most complex of characters)

I'll give it a couple more eps, but my hopes are not high atm

✪ My Anime List ✪
✤ My Manga List ✤
❀ Monthly Anime Club ❀
♨︎ The Nook ♨︎
♪ Unpopular Anime Supporters ♪
Apr 15, 2016 4:14 PM

Aug 2014
This was boooooooooring, the Persona-like OST/insert song were bad picks in my opinion, the credits with Rin "moaning" were pure cringe.
Not what I was expecting to be honest, let's hope it picks up from here.
Apr 15, 2016 4:18 PM

Jul 2012
lol was that a nail through the forehead at the end there?
Apr 15, 2016 4:29 PM

Jan 2016
lanfire said:

That's what it looked like, but right after it cut to black the bandage did a U-turn and snaked in between her legs.

"Stop... This... This is...! Father, mother.... Your daughter is becoming a woman! Don't look."
Apr 15, 2016 4:30 PM

Jul 2012
FragOutFire said:
lanfire said:

That's what it looked like, but right after it cut to black the bandage did a U-turn and snaked in between her legs.

"Stop... This... This is...! Father, mother.... Your daughter is becoming a woman! Don't look."

Either painful and painful. lol next episode should be amusing to see what actually happened with neither actually happening.
Apr 15, 2016 4:31 PM

Feb 2015
alvenzo95 said:
buynbaekon said:

I know what you mean... I quite enjoyed mirai nikki, maybe cuz i watched it when i was still young and inexperienced, hehe (the ending wasn't the best but eh). But with this one, i just get the feeling its gonna be a trainwreck. The main character is too op, his ability looks very incoherent and I feel asspulls are gonn be delivered all the time, cuz his power is too vast and vague. Like, it feels like he pretty much got the power to become god... Oh and yuno2.0 is like a much more shallow version of yuno (which wasn't the most complex of characters)

I'll give it a couple more eps, but my hopes are not high atm

Agreed. One minute he's like "NOOO I don't want to use my powers !! to hurt !!! people!!" and like 5 seconds later he's like a completely different OP character. What I don't like so far is the inconsistency of the anime. It only works on some shows if they play it really well; this one still has to string all this "extra" together and give us a solid story, rather than pretty fireworks (all over the place)...does that make sense 🤔
Apr 15, 2016 4:34 PM

Oct 2013
Amano Yukiteru meets Kyubei, and obtains a STAND that gives him the powers of Lelouch
Apr 15, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2015
Mirai Nikki all over again, I can't say I dislike that.
Anyway, what the hell was that final scene. That wasn't at all what I'd expect from that.

BDSM? Wtf?/5

Apr 15, 2016 4:51 PM
Apr 2014
What the fuuuuuuuuuck am I watching?
This seemed super rushed and I didn't even read the mango.
Apr 15, 2016 4:53 PM

Nov 2014
What a mess in just the first episode, so the MC is a lelouch wannabe who likes bondage?

3/5
Apr 15, 2016 4:54 PM

Jul 2014
Pacing faster than a bullet train, but with far more potential to derail. This was dreadful, but look forward to seeing how dumb this can get
Apr 15, 2016 4:58 PM

Jan 2016

We'll be together forever, Yuki. Just don't touch my hair.
Apr 15, 2016 5:06 PM

Apr 2013
man the free jazz playing in the hospital scene is pure comedy genius.. this show is amazing!
Apr 15, 2016 5:07 PM
Apr 2014
>The yandere is immortal
Haha bitch ! fear not, the MC has the power to control and destroy everything hurr durr...
Apr 15, 2016 5:12 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I haven't seen Mirai Nikki, yet it took me seconds to realize how similar the character designs are.

3/5
Apr 15, 2016 5:13 PM
Jul 2015
Decent for now, but the music was terribly used...

Apr 15, 2016 5:18 PM

Oct 2014
BIG BULLSHIT.

Horrible music, cliches in every scene (use of school classes and TV to tell the viewers the backstory and worldbuilding instead of actually showing its effects, fanservice with ropes + tits, sick imouto). Serious candidate to worst of the season.

Good things: Animation is ok, and that world destruction scene at the very begining, with two voices repeating the same words, got me breathless.
Apr 15, 2016 5:39 PM

Jul 2015
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT! Future Dirahrea all over again!

They should rename this show to "Big Order OF SHIT"

Worst Anime of the season, and maybe(probably) of the year. Instant 1/10.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

213 by Thunderball2004 »»
Nov 23, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2016

120 by Psi18c »»
Nov 14, 2022 8:35 AM

» anyone know when the uncensored episodes are going to be released?

theweaboopenguin - Jul 17, 2016

5 by Psi18c »»
Nov 13, 2022 11:33 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

97 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 2022 12:55 AM

Poll: » Big Order (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

81 by Vindicater »»
May 12, 2022 3:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.