Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 7, 2016 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
I've been watching regularly animes for more than 5,5 years all seasons and the 80-90% of animes of each season.

THe last 2 seasons have been incredibly interesting.

This winter Season was propably the worse in terms of overall anime quality i've seen the last years(close to other 2) 2 solid animes 1-2 watchable and the rest were below 6.5.

I was so dissapointed i didnt know what to expect this season...and magically the majority of the spring animes have been something more than encouraging!!!Great fantasy/mystery and shounen titles/military/historical

There are at least 5-6 animes with potentional of over 8 rating this season...this is absurd after what winter season has been. I am so happy, have a great watch everyone!
SubxaeroApr 8, 2016 8:20 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 7, 2016 5:42 PM

Sep 2015
This season is not that great....literally.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 7, 2016 5:49 PM

Dec 2013
Dunno i really like it Seisen Cerberus

Terra Fromars

Koutetsuzu no kabaneri

Suisei no omjouji

Re:Zero kara

Joker Game

HUndred... STray dogs ...Boku no hero academica !!!! Dunno it cant get any better than that imo
Apr 7, 2016 5:52 PM

Oct 2015
Look at the ratings none go above a 9 so none are phenomenal, just average with different styles, but they look promising and have cool plots.
"It's ANIME TIME"

Apr 7, 2016 5:54 PM

Apr 2010
What is it figuratively though...?
Apr 7, 2016 5:55 PM
Jun 2015
I think its way too early to judge that at this point
Apr 7, 2016 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
darthblazer67 said:
Look at the ratings none go above a 9 so none are phenomenal, just average with different styles, but they look promising and have cool plots.

I agree but take a look at winter season majority of them were around 7 or below that with some exceptions.

If we get to have a few 8.5 animes this season will be fantastic and it seems we will have at least 3-4 and some other around 8.

But as u said many interesting plots
Apr 7, 2016 5:57 PM

Jul 2014
Just one episode aired, and you already call the entire season fantastic. Hmmm.....
Apr 7, 2016 5:59 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012

Because we've already seen this thread like 3x
Apr 7, 2016 6:00 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Even Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? has a pretty damn good first episode imo.
The only animes that got me thinking ''eh'' so far are Sousei no Onmyouji and Phoenix wright.
Of course, i avoided a little bit more animes that looked like shit this season (Like Hundred, Asterisk 2 & Cerberus) and theres more coming but so far its a good start.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 7, 2016 6:01 PM

Feb 2016
I'm with OP here. First impressions are strong so far.

I think we're in for a really good season!
Apr 7, 2016 6:02 PM

Dec 2013
WHen the majority of animes nowdays are usually 12 episodes even 1-2 episodes can say much.

For example

Koutetsuzu no kabaneri already looks of high quality great sountracks, beautifull details and graphics.top notch acting and interesting plot!

SO does JOker game and STray dogs!!.

THere are some other aswell with somehow generic plot but still very well implemented... but as u said for those i will need a bigger sample

The only other anime i was short of hyped but it kidna dissapointed me was KIznaiver hopefully it gets better

i forgot Majoiga(Hipopotamuseeee XD)..that looks promsingi aswell with interesting characters
Apr 7, 2016 6:03 PM

Oct 2015
Gensan said:
Just one episode aired, and you already call the entire season fantastic. Hmmm.....
He meant first impressions, not the entire season.
"It's ANIME TIME"

Apr 7, 2016 6:04 PM

Jul 2014
darthblazer67 said:
Gensan said:
THis Spring Season is literally fantastic
Apr 7, 2016 6:09 PM

Dec 2013
DatRandomDude said:
Even Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? has a pretty damn good first episode imo.
The only animes that got me thinking ''eh'' so far are Sousei no Onmyouji and Phoenix wright.
Of course, i avoided a little bit more animes that looked like shit this season (Like Hundred, Asterisk 2 & Cerberus) and theres more coming but so far its a good start.

Yeah even though it has a generic plot we have seen yet again it looks good

I think we all expected Sousei to be great, i must admit aswell it didnt match my high expectations but it looks like a good watch(Phoenix how did i miss this one)
Apr 7, 2016 6:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Subxaero said:
DatRandomDude said:

I think we all expected Sousei to be great, i must admit aswell it didnt match my high expectations but it looks like a good watch(Phoenix how did i miss this one)
Anyway, they are just first episodes. They have a lot of time to fuck up or redeem themselves.
I didn't even started to think that Sousei could be great. I expected that it would be pretty boring like Owari no Seraph. >_>

Apr 7, 2016 6:21 PM

Jan 2016
I'm looking forward to next season. The only titles from this season I'm interested in are Mayoiga and Shounen Maid.
Apr 7, 2016 6:24 PM

May 2015
This season is okay so far, nothing really looks like it'll go beyond good other then ConRevo and Ushio + Tora. Maybe Sakamoto will save anime though. It's not bad at all, I haven't dropped any of the shows I'm watching but most of them are good at best.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Apr 7, 2016 6:26 PM

Dec 2013
DatRandomDude said:
Subxaero said:

Anyway, they are just first episodes. They have a lot of time to fuck up or redeem themselves.
I didn't even started to think that Sousei could be great. I expected that it would be pretty boring like Owari no Seraph. >_>

Yeah defenetly, also personal choises count a lot to people's opinion for example this winter season was the worst season i've watch the recent years.For example u found Owari no seraph boring... it was one of my favourites personally! just wished it had better graphics!
Apr 7, 2016 6:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Can we STOP making the same threads 3x a week???
Apr 7, 2016 6:30 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Mamster-P said:
SAY IT AGAIN AND I'LL DO MY OWN SPRING SEASON THREAD (with black jack and hookers)

Apr 7, 2016 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
YES YES YES YES YES IM JUST WATCHING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE
YES YES YES IM SO HYPED
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Apr 7, 2016 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
I hope that cats won't arrive and shit on it
Apr 7, 2016 6:33 PM

Dec 2013
Mamster-P said:

Whats your problem, thats like the third time u post this, you mad about something?

This is just my personal opinion and i rarely make any posts, thats actually my first.

You dont like it? DOnt bother typing or reading

I am actually impressed from the animes so far and i wanted to post my opinion to see what other people beileve wether they agree or not, just dont bother staying
Apr 7, 2016 6:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Subxaero

Well that's the problem then.... you have no idea how many times ppl make the exact same threads a week

I'll give u some advice, plz search old threads first before making one, cuz someone's prolly made it, no one is mad, it's just too often
Apr 7, 2016 6:36 PM

Dec 2013
RainyRai said:
This season is okay so far, nothing really looks like it'll go beyond good other then ConRevo and Ushio + Tora. Maybe Sakamoto will save anime though. It's not bad at all, I haven't dropped any of the shows I'm watching but most of them are good at best.

DId u watch Kutetsujou no Kabaneri first epis? It was pretty hype!
Apr 7, 2016 6:38 PM

Oct 2013
This season is pretty decent. But not fantastic in any stretch for me though.
Apr 7, 2016 6:47 PM

Oct 2015
Gensan said:
darthblazer67 said:
THis Spring Season is literally fantastic
It rough around the edges but starting strong.
"It's ANIME TIME"

Apr 7, 2016 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah... so fantastic that I'm interested in a single anime (Flying Witch). Amazing.
Apr 7, 2016 7:11 PM

Sep 2009
I swear this is like the 5th thread I've seen recently about "wow, dis season so gud!"
Just stahp.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 7, 2016 7:12 PM

May 2015
Subxaero said:
RainyRai said:

DId u watch Kutetsujou no Kabaneri first epis? It was pretty hype!

Yeah I watched it, the only show that wasn't good this season was the exorcist show, that was average so far, but the only things that'll probably be great will be sequels of great shows from last year.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Apr 7, 2016 8:32 PM

Sep 2013
You should know by now that every season is shit but were still watching anime for some reason.
Apr 7, 2016 8:39 PM

Oct 2014
Your spelling is literally shit.
Anyway, its better than last season, that's for sure.
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
Apr 7, 2016 8:41 PM

Nov 2008
ichii_1 said:
You should know by now that every season is shit but were still watching anime for some reason.

Watch some Aikatsu Stars and see if you feel the same way.

Apr 7, 2016 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
it's better than last season for sure. the only show i ended up rating above a 6 from last season was Rakugo, the rest either had sucky endings, were bad adaptations, felt rushed, lacked plot, etc. i couldn't rate any of them above a 6, let alone a 7.

Although I will say that I was almost more fucking entertained by Dagashi and Musaigen over the shitstorm that was Ketsu talk about baaaaaaaad adaptations, constantly shifting perspective, and tell dont show, it was a disaster that puts even the lacking final light novel to goddamn shame, also the animation was lacking so much at times, not enough Nasujima, not enough Nasujima, not ENOUGH FUCKIN' NASUJIMA or the ending of Bokumachi. How anyone has the audacity to rate either of those latter shows as anime of the season or even designate them as contenders for anime of the year is beyond my comprehension.
Apr 7, 2016 9:23 PM

Feb 2015
This season is endorsed by someone who can't even spell the word 'literally'. Get hype! this season looks shit
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Apr 7, 2016 10:15 PM

Mar 2014
""Litterally" fantastic?

More like "painfully average" (at least judging from what I've seen)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 7, 2016 10:19 PM
Apr 2016
there might be 1 or maybe 2 good anime but this season is still trash and anyone who says anything else is kidding themselves
Apr 7, 2016 10:32 PM
Mar 2008
I agree with most here: Its just average with only 1-2 Anime that stand out.
Apr 7, 2016 10:38 PM

Oct 2014
Did you start to watch anime yesterday op?
It is not a bad season but saying it is fantastic with only one episode of each series?
Apr 8, 2016 2:27 AM

Jul 2013
For the moment it's not bad, we will eventually see how it will end. At least has JoJo, so it can't be the worst season of this year.
Apr 8, 2016 2:42 AM

Jun 2015
Subxaero said:
THis Spring Season is litteraly fantastic

> It's only been one week, settle down.

>> Isn't even watching JoJo.

How can you talk about the quality of a season when you're not even watching the top show?
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Apr 8, 2016 2:57 AM

Jul 2013
So Spring Season is literally fantastic after just a week? My goodness OP, calm the fvck down. It'll turn out shit real soon.
Apr 8, 2016 3:13 AM

Aug 2008
A bit too early to say that but it seems could be better than winter 2016.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 8, 2016 3:16 AM

Dec 2015
I kinda have to agree, this season looks good, but its too early to say anything as of this moment. Wait a month or 2 for more accuracy :3
Apr 8, 2016 3:16 AM

Jan 2015
It's not yet fantastic but it might become better than last season (I liked last season)
Apr 8, 2016 3:18 AM

May 2012
DatRandomDude said:

THose anime you mentioned are among the most entertaining in this season

-Senpai- said:
This season is not that great....literally.

It is not only great, but it is probably one of the best seasons of all time. It has too many anime that I would rate above 7/10
Apr 8, 2016 3:24 AM

Nov 2012
Counting the sequels i thought winter was not all that bad.
Apr 8, 2016 3:29 AM

Mar 2015
this is also what happened in last spring season and so does last summer, and many people got dissapointed in the end of season... SO?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 8, 2016 4:45 AM

Dec 2013
dizzyur said:
it's better than last season for sure. the only show i ended up rating above a 6 from last season was Rakugo, the rest either had sucky endings, were bad adaptations, felt rushed, lacked plot, etc. i couldn't rate any of them above a 6, let alone a 7.

Although I will say that I was almost more fucking entertained by Dagashi and Musaigen over the shitstorm that was Ketsu talk about baaaaaaaad adaptations, constantly shifting perspective, and tell dont show, it was a disaster that puts even the lacking final light novel to goddamn shame, also the animation was lacking so much at times, not enough Nasujima, not enough Nasujima, not ENOUGH FUCKIN' NASUJIMA or the ending of Bokumachi. How anyone has the audacity to rate either of those latter shows as anime of the season or even designate them as contenders for anime of the year is beyond my comprehension.

Tottaly AGree, Rakugo was easily standing out among all animes. Actuallyas a season it was so bad that people actually rated Erased so high as an anime with weak plot that doesnt explain sometimes, anyone could easily predict that the teacher is the killer half way. I have to admit it had decent voice acting and good drama though, but nowhere as masterpiece as some make it to be. Dagashi was fun but it got incredibly boring after 5th episode(still watched it)...

Dunno which other ..Grimgar maybe.Watchable

I still feel this is gonna be a great season
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 20 minutes ago

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 hours ago

23 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 4 hours ago

18 by deg »»
10 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

62 by Pinoffin »»
16 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

4 by LightWorker »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.