Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 23, 2016 11:12 PM

Dec 2013
Absolutely beautiful episode.
I loved how they actually introduced a formidable Phantom for once after dealing with all those of the "Phantom of the Week" fair for so long.
Enigma using Haruhiko's mother as a handicap was not cool though. I get the feeling that once everything calms down again, his mom is just gonna run off to her new husband and abandon him again. Still, her playing with the girls at the dinner table was awesome while it lasted.

I think the reason why Ruru fainted was because she was created by Haruhiko's psyche and his ability. The fact that she's still here gives me hope that not ALL of his powers were stolen though.

Oh, and Enigma's Vampiric design was smexy as heck. I'm willing to bet that she's actually something that she was "accidentally" created by the Arayashiki.

Can't wait to see what happens in the Finale.
L-RyoshiMar 23, 2016 11:18 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 23, 2016 11:23 PM

Mar 2008
I agree the one negative is that this episode came so darn late. This was such a strong episode that it just reminds you how much time we utterly wasted. The plot was put on hold for almost the entire show and only now does it kick into gear. Even the best episode next week can still only bump this show to a 6/10. 2-3 strong episodes out of 13 just isn't enough.

Although to be fair this was really darn good. Enigma is a great threat and a scary one. Of course you knew she was going to pop up behind Mai when she was on the phone. I mean come on...She was faced away from the dining area, in a dark space and talking about an important topic...of course Enigma was going to pop up. Props to Mai though she wasn't KO'd with one shot. She was hurt, but she dug in her heels. She isn't the fighter of the team for nothing.

Mental stcarsd for life for Haruhiko. 1. His mother never intended to contact him or come home. 2. Enigma took over his mother. 3. His mother/Enigma stole his powers by kissing him.....that's all messed up.

In the end Enigma messed with the harem...she's going to suffer.

It was a good episode. The mother was weird from the start and you figured rather quickly it was probably Enigma in some way. Even Ruru was mirroring my own thoughts with saying "this is weird."

At least I can now say I'm looking forward to the last episode.
Mar 23, 2016 11:40 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah, that was a bit scary.
Them kisses, though.
#hawt#incest#lol
Mar 23, 2016 11:44 PM

Oct 2013
damn... that was brutal. All I can really think about is how devastated Haruhiko is going to be when he realizes his mom didn't really come back to him. ._.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 23, 2016 11:47 PM

Dec 2009
I want to see a season 2 solely because of how everyone is reacting to this episode. The next volume gets so much darker but I doubt we'll ever get to see that animated
Mar 24, 2016 12:14 AM

Jun 2015
Really enjoyed this episode. Really curious about how they are going to end it.
:)
Mar 24, 2016 12:30 AM

Jan 2014
Last episode preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOhRQ78qymU

Music speaks to people's hearts. All throughout the world. I believe it's a powerfull language.
Mar 24, 2016 12:42 AM

Aug 2015
I extremely enjoyed this episode, can't wait for the finale, interested to see how it's wrapped up.
Mar 24, 2016 1:17 AM
Apr 2012
szympus11 said:
aaaand anime got good at the end of the series .. great

Smudy said:
Is this still the same show? It took them 10 episodes to get really good.

Seriously, wtf.

It took this long to reach an interesting development.
Mar 24, 2016 1:20 AM

Mar 2014
Tokoya said:
bastek66 said:
Wow, incest now in Kyoani shows
This truly is the season of the anime moms lol

A bit weird but oh well
Mar 24, 2016 1:24 AM

Mar 2013
When the plot finally advances....

...one ep left.
Mar 24, 2016 1:37 AM

Sep 2011
That feeling when you suddenly want more episodes after watching this but... the next episode will be the last.

And for once, I've finally witnessed a full-blown frontal kiss scene from KyoAni. (Unlike Kanon, Clannad Kyou OVA, Chuunibyou, etc)
TennoujiMar 24, 2016 1:40 AM

Mar 24, 2016 2:01 AM

Oct 2015
SoraSenpai said:
This was actually a really good episode, made it feel like it actually had a plot too.

Mai is going to be the hero. She was punched in the gut and was struggling but somehow she'll manage to defeat Enigma and save Haruhiko.

Ruru I guess is knocked out because Haruhiko created her and Enigma stole his powers so that makes her inactive? I mean if that was the case I feel she would just disappear. Maybe she got hit and I didn't catch it. Just went back and watched it, she was still floating when Haruhiko was being drained but dropped right after.

The table scene was sweet and funny, when they all twitched when his mother asked "So which one wants to marry my son?" lol good stuff.

EDIT: Also I really enjoyed the background music. Gave it a nice fighting feel to it.

Finally some actual plot and not just individual episode. Both last week's and this week's episodes have been interesting.
Enigma was hot.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 24, 2016 2:33 AM
Apr 2015
tbh Enigma is kinda cool.
Haruhiko and Ruru though, i hope they'll be allright.
next week's will be the last. let's see how they'll wrap this up.
Mar 24, 2016 3:06 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was just as good as the last.
They had some great facial expressions this time LOL.
Why do Haruhiko always have to experience sad things like these ?
Enigma in mom mode sure knows how to raise harem flags.. they're totally dancing in her palms.
Haruhiko has such a cool ability huh.. that explain him learning Mai's ability before.
But still no clue about that broken device and the deal with Ruru though.
That kiss oh my god.. that's so hot. Enigma sure knows her stuff.
Kyoani sure knows how to drop a bomb in the end.
Looking forward to the final episode.
Mar 24, 2016 3:27 AM

Sep 2013
Wow, it's a bit of a shame that this anime's best episodes are towards the end.
Mar 24, 2016 4:04 AM

Oct 2015
Huh, thought this was the last episode.
Holy shit! This anime has an actual problem!!
This Enigma phantom is scary as hell.
I just knew it would appear behind Mai when she went to the hall.
Didn't expect it to have possesed his mother, just to have changed her appearance.
Imm gonna have nightmares about her appearning behind Mai. That was just too creepy...
Mar 24, 2016 4:31 AM
Oct 2010
HOLY PLOT twists, and that gear change its like the show did a 140 degree turn
(not 180 that would go into madoka realms). I liked it so far (mostly becouse of the cute character designs) but now damn im on the edge of my seat for that plot, and will probably be sad that there wont be animore episodes after next one
*edit*
:(
LeHman93Mar 25, 2016 6:12 AM
Mar 24, 2016 4:37 AM

Jan 2016
MrJc said:
And worst thing is the real mom had no intention of seeing her son. Now that is shitty. Stealing his powers is one thing but giving him false hope that his mom actually cared tisk tisk

That's going to be a horrible realization for him when his mom comes too and doesn't remember anything or that none of that was true what she told him while possessed. Or it could go the other way and the enigma knew the mothers true feelings and spoke them too him. She did lie about breaking up with her husband though as he's the one that called in her disappearance.

Great back to back episodes, but why the eff did they wait till the last 3-4 episodes to make this into a decent anime? If they had this material early on it would be a lot more popular.

Here's hoping the season doesn't end on a cliffhanger as it probably won't have a second season.
Mar 24, 2016 4:41 AM

Apr 2013
Hey, an episode with actual good plot.
Can't wait to see what happens next week.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Mar 24, 2016 4:58 AM
Aug 2013
Maybe we finally get to see the full potential of haruhikos power, since the episode where he copied Mai´s abilities I knew he could do so much more. As enigma said: "But you suck at using them, They could be the ultimate abilities, if you´d only use them effectively."

Anyway a truly welcomed change, for once I didnt expect a turn of events like this, but their wasnt any build up to it at all so, who would.^^
Mar 24, 2016 6:53 AM
May 2014
It scared me really bad when enigman standing behind Mai senpai.... I wish I don't get any nightmare this night.
FuikazeMar 24, 2016 6:57 AM
Mar 24, 2016 8:19 AM

Aug 2014
bastek66 said:

I... don't entirely dislike this.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 24, 2016 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, really addictive episode! O_O
A real blow this sudden change in the narrative, the story suddenly receives a nice push forward, I'm really happy with everything. ;)
Drawings and animations, very good, after this episode expectations have grown exponentially, I can not wait to watch the latest episode.

Necris said:
Riru and her apetite

This is true quality, good KyoAni.

IceBreakerZ said:
Wow shit just got real.

This scene was such a sudden creepy change of atmosphere, I actually got goosebumps from it.

*ビックリ,
びっくり*

Mascera said:
Time to action for the girls.

One more Episode and they're just adding more excitement into it. Excluding that "Mother Kiss" though. LOL

Don't forget to buy all the books

Very funny.
Mar 24, 2016 9:00 AM

Feb 2014
It might've taken KyoAni a while to get some really strong episodes out, but this one continues the trend of the last two being great.

Enigma's one lovely looking phantom, but her power level makes all of other phantom enemies before her look pathetically weak. Even a group of 3 people cannot do a single thing against her as she easily defeats and steals her foe's powers.

The timing with Ichijo's mother returning and Enigma's sudden disappearance was a bit easy to piece together, but it was still well done though. Her sudden appearance behind Mai in the hallway was unexpectedly scary.

Also, I'm wondering if KyoAni has hit themselves on their head or something. Usually, they never show a lip-lock kiss, whether from love or by accident, at all, but suddenly, we get two in one episode alone. A change of heart perhaps?

I'm wondering now is that if Enigma gets more and more powers from other people, she might become almost unbeatable. Hopefully that won't happen...
Mar 24, 2016 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
What a great turn of events, the anime became more exciting than I expected, the final boss finally appeared and has caused a great commotion among the girls and especially with the protagonist, this was certainly an unexpected change in the plot events

Poor Haruhiko, besides being used and deceived by the Phantom, while thought to be in a happy moment, not yet had the wish fulfilled to have her mother at his side, she really abandoned him and had not intended to return to stand beside of Haruhiko, and in the end he still had his stolen powers

This was the best episode so far of the adaptation, many amazing events took place, and a good thriller was left for the final episode, I'm looking forward to the end of this anime, since I had placed high expectations before this adaptation begin, and now really hope a great end to this anime ..
Mar 24, 2016 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
Probably my favorite episode so far. I love how Kyoani handles those bonding moments with Haru and his mom.It felt pretty touching to watch honestly. They also want to make those ships happen it seems, with all the love questions and the girl responses. ..

Overall a really enjoyable episode with a cliffhanger, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
I love the mom's design and, although it's kinda wrong, I like how the kiss scenes looked with the pretty backgrounds and lighting, very wallpaper worthy.
Kyoani going all out on these last 2.
Mar 24, 2016 11:30 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
One of the much better episodes of the show. Really liked this one, despite the heart-wrenching ending for Haruhiko. Admittedly, now that I see an episode like this, it makes me wish they had done an episode or two that's more plot based somewhere in the middle of the series too. But again, I fail to see the real issue with the Slice of Life episodes in a Slice of Life kind of show.

Seeing those older guys near the beginning makes me want Kyo-Ani to do a Seinin kind of show.

It really is too bad Haruhiko's mom didn't come back of her own free will. Really, that's just the worst part about the whole situation. Hopefully there will be some kind of bonding after this is done.

Oh no, Ruru chan! I hope she'll be ok.
Mar 24, 2016 3:19 PM

Feb 2012
This ep showed how much potential this show had. It felt like the first 2-3 eps + ep 12 and 13 are canon and the rest are filler.

Truly unfortunate. Although I enjoy the show, it would have been much better received had it been structured differently and with more focus. This Enigma plot, Ruru's existence likely being tied to Haruhiko's powers, his parents, the Alayashiki company.. I mean they have all these interesting things but only focus on it for 1/3 of the show.
Mar 24, 2016 4:13 PM

Jun 2013
damn that's a hot phantom
Mar 24, 2016 4:23 PM

Dec 2015
So plot advances in the second to last episode. Did not expect this kind of episode, that change of atmosphere at the end. Really interested to see how they will go against Enigma in the next episode. Shit just got real.
And... She is one fine milf ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mar 24, 2016 5:24 PM

Jan 2009
Unlike most anime where it starts good and gets progressively worse, it seems Phantom has done a complete U-turn

Kinda weird when episode 1 was basically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7haTy4woVM and all the countless memes from the limbo dance.

There are also these hints that Haruhikos abilities are fan more potent than the cute fluffy summons we have seen so far.
Mar 24, 2016 8:44 PM

Jun 2014
7:00 "it seems the victims had their special abilities stolen"
>The phantom must be Yuu from Charlotte.
>Case closed.
Mar 24, 2016 8:45 PM

Jun 2013
This episodes and like the previous 3 or so have been really good, why couldn't the first 8 episodes have been like this?
Mar 24, 2016 9:57 PM

Dec 2011
Here I thought Enigma was the mom, she was just possessed. We finally see something more serious and more challenging.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2016 11:07 PM

Jun 2008
Personally, I believe this anime has been consistently entertaining...

Definitely one of my favorites this season...thank God I don't allow the opinions of goddamn MALers sway what to watch or enjoy.
Mar 24, 2016 11:09 PM
Mar 2016
The part when Enigma appeared behind Mai scared the absolute life out of me. That was a super quick transition from warm to goosebumps. That moment made me jump. May I ask, does anyone know the music used in the Enigma scene near the end? The hardcore-ish guitar part?
Mar 25, 2016 6:31 AM

Apr 2014
bastek66 said:

Gifs

This is awesome! I like incest now. Incest relationship wins! Now I am going to continue watching this anime, because of this. LOL.
Mar 25, 2016 10:49 AM

Mar 2013
a bit late but the anime finally take direction outside of all
the ridiculous fanservice and it was great...
best episode so far, looking forward to the final episode.
NisxMar 25, 2016 10:53 AM
Mar 25, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
Wow this episode was epic, probably the best episode! Never expected that this anime would be this good.
Haruhiko's mother is so lovely, i feel bad that she has been possessed by a phantom :/
Girls actually liked her, she was so sweet to everyone, but all that time, it wasn't his mother, just the Enigma with his mother's body...
And that ending :( Haruhiko is without powers now and as it seems it affected Ruru's too.
I don't even know how are they planning to catch such a strong phantom, and after everything, will Haruhiko's mother stay with him? Or she will leave him again?
Can't wait to see the last episode!!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 25, 2016 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
I had a feeling his mom is a phantom and I am right at that.
Haruhiko lose his ability which is said to be super strong if he know how to use it.
Next episode is the last and damn that incest kiss tho.
Mar 25, 2016 12:23 PM

May 2014
So damn rushed...
Mar 25, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2015
Shit, that just got really serious and interesting. Sucks that it had to happen so late in this show, since they wasted so many episodes on weird situations. The mom though. Damn, she looks so good.

Mar 25, 2016 5:39 PM

Jan 2014
I knew it all along that there was something up with his mom and continued to loathe her for leaving him. Now that I know that she really didn't come back to him on her own, I'm so pissed and my heart hurts so much. Can we just erase his memories? #ProtectHaruhiko2016

This anime has come really far and gotten better each episode so I hope the rating goes up and that more people will come to watch it.
Mar 25, 2016 5:43 PM

Dec 2009
Freaking amazing episode. I wasn't sure where Myriad Colors Phantom World was going when it started, but man the feels are strong with this.

Haruhiko being abandoned by his parents was painful to hear about last episode but then his mom coming back and then it turning out she didn't come back of her own free will was worse.

Really hyped for the conclusion next episode and hope we get another season. From what I've heard about the LNs, shit gets crazy.
Mar 25, 2016 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
Man I called all this stuff like episode 2. I feel so proud of myself.
Mar 25, 2016 11:27 PM

Oct 2013
My own mother abandoning me as a kid made these last few episodes really hit home. I almost started crying last episode and I'm really pissed now. His mother was never going to reunite with him. Then the phantom tricked him like that... Its gonna be a hard watch for me next week.

Mar 26, 2016 1:17 AM
Mar 2015
The best episode so far. I feel that suddenly it got a bit of a plot and not just random episodes thrown at you . It's a shame they didn't get to it sooner..
Mar 26, 2016 7:34 AM

Oct 2011
Why the fuck is so show so lowly related. Holy shit. It fell down an entire point and is one of the lowest rated shows this season.
Mar 26, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2009
No wonder Koito have many fan girls, I ship her and Mai LOL
So, it was not a surprise that the mom was Enigma, it was obvious, the only thing different was the eye color and the soft face.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.