Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 11, 2016 4:19 PM

Oct 2014
So, Final Dungeon time?
Mar 11, 2016 4:26 PM

Apr 2014
I thought they going to attack the Empire this episode...
I feel nothing toward Pina as she was treated like a slave.
Well, next episode will be good...the Empire is going to be burn to the ground.
Mar 11, 2016 4:40 PM
Nov 2012
Illyricus said:
Poor Piña, let's hope she will be eventually released. Tyuule is a bitch, but her evil personality and facial expressions are cool, so I can't hate her. I will enjoy the moment when she and Zorzal will get owned, however.

Tyulle and Zorzal are enemies. Zorzal is just too stupid to realize it. Tyulle wants the Empire destroyed. An invasion by the JSDF is exactly what she wants.
Mar 11, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2015
I feel really bad for Pina, i like her, Itami hurry your ass and save her !
Mar 11, 2016 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
oldskoolpunk said:
Illyricus said:
Poor Piña, let's hope she will be eventually released. Tyuule is a bitch, but her evil personality and facial expressions are cool, so I can't hate her. I will enjoy the moment when she and Zorzal will get owned, however.

Tyulle and Zorzal are enemies. Zorzal is just too stupid to realize it. Tyulle wants the Empire destroyed. An invasion by the JSDF is exactly what she wants.
Oh, you are right, she is manipulating him. Then I wonder what will do her after Zorzal get his ass kicked again.
Mar 11, 2016 4:43 PM

Nov 2011
If the episode would have ended when Lelei got stabbed I would have fucking lost it. What a great episode though...even though we knew in at the end of the last episode that the troops were about to be deployed.

Also...Nonra is a babe!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 11, 2016 5:01 PM

Jan 2016
Being that's the prison the bunny bitch was in(according to her) isn't there a secret passage under the bed? You know where the troll/pig-thing came out of? That's kind of f^*ked up if that's the case as I bet the pig-tool makes a visit to Pina next episode.

Also did it seem like maybe Itami was going to rescue the princess not the jade palace? Making sure I am reading that right. I think that would be best anyways. She thinks real highly of him so it would be sweet if he pulled that off.
Mar 11, 2016 5:04 PM

Jun 2014
Tyuule manages to become more unlikable with each episode, and this one is no exception. I have no worries about Pina getting released eventually, but still.....fuck Tyuule.

That was a close call with Lelei but obviously she wasn't actually going to die, whether or not she had the armor underneath. Next episode looks like it should be exciting.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 11, 2016 5:23 PM
Jun 2013
kawaiisweetbunny said:
I can't wait to see the bunny girl die, I hate her freaked guts. Don't care about all the bad things that happened to her it doesn't justify the sh*t she's doing, also zolzal needs to die. They need to rescue Pina! I have a feeling she might die though. You know who else needs to die? Those three ass hats that follow zolzal.

Well, about seeing kurokami the animation, I hope the anime doesn't edit about some important stuff. For example, our bunny girl is supposed to have an important talk with a certain someone.
http://s13.postimg.org/keta7txtj/p198_199.jpg

I hope Duran makes his appearance, he does have a bone to pick with the Empire.

BTW, there is a reason I can guess why Akira Tomita was looking so anxious this episode. By the end of the war, of the last episode of this anime, I will predict we will see a "new face." (p.s incase you didn't notice, these images are meant to be minor spoilers)
http://s29.postimg.org/r6t0ob21z/4ce4cd1f4d5a8c2dd0abda0c8ce9fa85_M.jpg
greed2Mar 11, 2016 5:38 PM
Mar 11, 2016 5:49 PM
Mar 2013
greed2 said:
Well, about seeing kurokami the animation, I hope the anime doesn't edit about some important stuff. For example, our bunny girl is supposed to have an important talk with a certain someone.

It's Furuta, an SDF solder and was used to be a good chef, now cooking Zolsal's meal. Also, taking advantage of current position, he is working as SDF's intelligence operative.
Mar 11, 2016 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
Well... Pina's eldest brother escaped to other countries in hopes to gain allies but it looks like such a thing is far too late... I get the feeling that Pina's going to be put in place of the Empires leadership under Japanese power... *cough* Though she'll never be a puppet, she will aim for peace with them...
Mar 11, 2016 6:59 PM
Nov 2015
I hope there will be no rape scene the last thing i want to see is Pina getting fucked by those perverts
Mar 11, 2016 7:05 PM

Sep 2013
I knew there was something wrong with that idiot girl. The Pied Piper seems to be cunning and manipulative. There was no way she wasnt noticed while stalking Nonra. It was pretty stupid when Nonra jumped and was about to assassinate Leilei and Itami said "I won't make it" even though he was already aiming the gun. I mean cant he at least fire a single shot?

Glad to see we're going to have action next episode. I really hope they beat up that Zolzal's ass and torture him until he dies.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 11, 2016 7:08 PM

Sep 2013
DicKagune-69 said:
I hope there will be no rape scene the last thing i want to see is Pina getting fucked by those perverts
I dont think there's going to be a rape scene even if there was a rape scene in the manga. The anime greatly downplayed the sex and violence in this adaptation because they want to have a larger audience. Honestly, Im glad they did that.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 11, 2016 7:17 PM

Dec 2014
Shandy actually tried to kill Lelei :o
Well at least she was stupid enough to not aim for the neck.
Pied Piper seems like an interesting character, Cunning and Manipulative. Wonder if we'll learn more about him before the season ends. Doubtful though.

Poor Pina :(

Finally the mission is a go, Next episode is gonna be awesome.
Can't wait to see the SDF own the Imperial Army.

I would love to see another Itami punching Zolzal scene.
Mar 11, 2016 7:37 PM

Jul 2009
Lelouch0202 said:
How is this shocking?
We don't know the Pied Piper's skill-set and with magic existing, there are an untold number of ways to brainwash someone. The fact that she was missing for 4 days made her more likely to harm Lelei than the girl who met the 3 shorties.

It's not even a little shocking that she tried to attack Lelei. I didn't think it was 100%, but I surely felt it was at least 80% likely. Personally, I'm more shocked that Itami did not suspect Shandy to be used like this. Itami -10,000 points!
So much for "My country has suffered through worse than the countries of this world." Then again, it may just be Itami who wouldn't/didn't see that coming and if his squad was there, they might've taken precaution...
Mar 11, 2016 7:52 PM
Aug 2014
next episode; COD + super mario
Mar 11, 2016 7:58 PM

Jun 2008
All I can say is RIP Zorzal, next few episodes when that is comming. :)
Mar 11, 2016 7:59 PM

Dec 2014
kyled00m said:
Lelouch0202 said:
How is this shocking?
We don't know the Pied Piper's skill-set and with magic existing, there are an untold number of ways to brainwash someone. The fact that she was missing for 4 days made her more likely to harm Lelei than the girl who met the 3 shorties.

It's not even a little shocking that she tried to attack Lelei. I didn't think it was 100%, but I surely felt it was at least 80% likely. Personally, I'm more shocked that Itami did not suspect Shandy to be used like this. Itami -10,000 points!
So much for "My country has suffered through worse than the countries of this world." Then again, it may just be Itami who wouldn't/didn't see that coming and if his squad was there, they might've taken precaution...

Well of course I had my suspicions, Just never really thought she would carry out an assassination attempt right then and there. I agree though, Itami should have suspected something was up, Guess he was just too trusting..
Mar 11, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2013
Poor Princess Pinya, that bunny girl is a bi**.
That ending! That fuc*** ending! Yes! Yes!
When i saw the planes take off, i got goosebumps xD Because i was so happy to finally see that moment, the moment when the planes take and they show soldiers getting ready to teach those bastards :D And that ending soundtrack was so amazing.

IheartC2 said:
omg, next episode is to far away for me!
The soundtrack they used at the ending was so intense, soldiers getting ready to go to battle.
Gonna kick some ass!

That pic, so badass! Can't wait for next episode.
I already want another season of Gate, is that asking too much? xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 11, 2016 8:23 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Seems like a massacre is coming up XD

4/5
Mar 11, 2016 8:37 PM
Jan 2016
This pacing was off this episode, as someone noted this season has had less seamless action than season 1.

The larger question is will there be sequel? This season has only 2 episodes left it's going to be a cliffhanger, anyone remember the Slayers TRY? They abruptly ended the season on cliffhanger and every Slayer fan had to wait 11 years for a sequel? How about Hajime no Ippo, the series ended and 6 yrs later the second season, then 5 yrs later, the 3rd season.

Unlike Utawarerumono, which is also a console, henta andi pc game, determined by sales, there is no way to guess if there would be a 3rd season for Gate SJDF. Heck if there is any justice in the world, Konjiki no Gash Bell should have a final season, just the final battle with "Clear-san" would be worth it.

The animes that usually get 4 or 5 seasons are all harlem and fan service animes, any animes with T&A and sexually explicit poses seem to get as many seasons as they want. You can blame all the brainless otakus for that. xD That's what has to change in the anime and manga culture. It's similar to Hollywood, what makes movies and music now-a-days are profanity, nudity, violence and just making an a-hole outta yourself.

In closing, I have no idea if they will make another season. It might be a Ippo or Slayers situation.

(Pardon my ranting)
Mar 11, 2016 8:47 PM

Aug 2013
Welll, about Shandy getting duped it was obvious from the start.
But that was very careless on Itami part though.. should've made more precautions.
Only 2 more episodes left, I hope it'll have a nice conclusion.
Seems like there'll finally be great action next week.
FINALLY butcher those baboons.
Mar 11, 2016 9:01 PM

Sep 2014
Oh shandy. Just when I was beginning to like you, you go and pull that stunt.

At least you're adorable :c

I'm kinda starting to hate the bunny woman now. Poor Pina is now locked up and beat up. ..at least Itami is coming to the rescue next episode!

SO much hype. I can't wait, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Mar 11, 2016 10:16 PM
Jan 2016
Well i thought the battle going to start in this episode .But still it was a good episode .Pina got prison :( And that bunny is getting on my nerves.
Mar 11, 2016 10:45 PM

Sep 2014
What a f*cking useless episode.

That bunny needs to get raped, pronto. Getting tired of her smug face. I'd feel like I want to torture her 24/7, and I won't even feel bad about it.

The people beyond the GATE are so f*cking stupid. What a bunch of idiots. Why can't they comprehend that our world went through this sh*t multiple times in our world history. We have better tech than them. We experienced way more wars than them. We are more organized.

Can't they just understand that we could easily take over that world whenever we want?? And they still have this pride of being a knight crap.

I guess you can't expect anything if their prince is a numbskull. An idiot at that. That boy and his squadron got beat up by one short JSDF girl. He should've realized by that time that one battalion force of JSDF could easily make the Empire crumble into rubble.

I mean, they should've realized by now that the people invading their land consist of only one country..which is Japan..IF the whole United Nations was involved, their ass would've been whooped long before many of this drama sh*t happens.
Mar 11, 2016 10:56 PM

Sep 2014
This sh*t better have another season. For an anime that advertises itself as "action", there better be more.

I'm very unsatisfied and disappointed. Too much plot and story on this one. They focused too much on that, and they forgot about the action part.

The only action scene for this season as far as I can recall was when that short JSDF girl massacred the Prince's troops. And when that red dragon Smaug was wrecked.
Mar 11, 2016 11:24 PM
Mar 2016
I think the episode was ok,for me obviously. Still good for the crowd.
Like the most people, I was expecting more action scenes. And I don't like how some scenes of few episodes are on how cute is Lelei with her clothes, over "Yeah people, I went to Japan, a hole new world, with really advanced tech, with massive scientific knowleged and big massive destrution weapons that can blow up an entire city..." thing.
Still. I really like the series (like really), but this harem-moe-actionless-shounenactionhero-shit takes more scenes than politics conflict and military action (I mean, it's a seinen, right?)
Whatever, I expect something like the 2nd ep of the 1st season, or Italica either about the battle/operation thing.
I don't care about how evil are Tyuule and Zorzal, they are doing a good job like antagonists.
I'll wait the next episode with high expectations, I think I'll don't be dissapointed (I hope).

Sorry for my englansdky
Mar 12, 2016 12:04 AM

Mar 2016
Damn, the setup is real. For a few episodes I've been expecting some heavy action but I suppose they're saving that for last.

I also felt like they could call these last few episodes "How to ruin an Empire 101".
Mar 12, 2016 12:24 AM

Aug 2014
I thought the action was going to begin this week, but oh well the building up to it is pretty nerve wracking.

Also, did Princess Pina get raped by those three douchebags? Because when she was walking towards her jail cell, she looked dirty and almost as if they abused her.. I hope not, she is included (sort of) in Itami's Harem.

I can't wait to next week for the JSDF to fuck shit up
Mar 12, 2016 1:33 AM
Jan 2013
Everyone act like it's fucking holiday! Sloppy as fuck!
Mar 12, 2016 4:34 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode focusing on Lelei and them trying to assassinate her. It was pretty interesting to see shandy acutally try to kill her and of course I get the reasoning but come on, all you have to do is tell Itami that Pina is in trouble and needs help and he would go in a instant which is of course what he is doing now which I honestly cannot wait to see him storm the palace and hopefully kill Tyuule and prince Zorzol! I also cannot wait to see the SDF paratroopers come in and hopefully we get to see the battle unlike this episode where we didnt get to see any of the fight really which in my opinion would have been sooooooo cool but probably would have taken too much time in the episode but dang it would have been cool to see. I cannot wait to see next week's episode and see how everything starts to conclude for this season and see after episode 12 if there will be another season...hopefully there will be!

If you want to see my full review on the episode check out the link to my YouTube channel on my profile page where I make review videos on the current anime!
Mar 12, 2016 5:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
JSDF is coming, yus!
Mar 12, 2016 5:23 AM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that Lelei is okay. Seeing the first assassin making her appearance and her jumping strike attempt on Lelei gave the helpful crowd plenty of time to send multiple magic attacks to whoop her sorry backside. Then when everything seemed to be okay and their guards were dropped, Shandy struck Lelei.

Thankfully, she's an idiot who kept her eyes open instead of closing them with the flash bomb in the last episode, so she struck Lelei on her chest instead of the neck. She must've been tricked during her 4 day trek and even if she were to be successful with the assassination, Pina would be horrified and angry.

As for Pina, sadly her dictator brother, Zorzal, has thrown her in jail wearing slave clothing, while Tyuule stands there and gloats like the stupid pig that she is.

Now with the JSDF finally maving their high-scale move, hopefully can not only secure jade palace, saving Pina's guards as well Sherry and Suguwara, but also to successfully infiltrate the palace and have Zorzal and Tyuule destroyed by ANY means necessary!
Mar 12, 2016 8:11 AM

Aug 2014
Ohhh seems like it's going to get intense next episode, I really hope they don't spare the bunny bitch and idiot prince.
Mar 12, 2016 9:36 AM

Mar 2014
Is it just me or has the quality of these recent episodes been dropping like crazy? The directing is really, really awkward at times.
Mar 12, 2016 11:06 AM

Dec 2013
Not that the quality has dropped noticeably, but they did drag the events in this episode out way too long for my liking, just so they could have an exciting end to the episode.

The assassination attempt on LeiLei was done satisfactorily, though it still blows my mind just how easily the Pied Piper is able to trick people all over. The citizens of the Empire must all be complete idiots to fall for the stuff that he/she says...

As for Pina's imprisonment, I'm still in disbelief how Zorzal managed to convince everyone to treat Pina like dirt. I mean, she's still his sister and royalty. Even if she were a prisoner, there should still be certain limits to what can and cannot be done to a political prisoner.

The only thing I am hoping for right now is an announcement for a 3rd cour/second season for this show at the end of episode 12.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 12, 2016 11:24 AM
Mar 2013
htsuji said:
greed2 said:

It's Furuta, an SDF solder and was used to be a good chef, now cooking Zolsal's meal. Also, taking advantage of current position, he is working as SDF's intelligence operative.

I think the anime shouldn't skip this moment, too. (But if they depicts the scene, it should be in the third season.) Furuta somehow knows what had happened between Tyulle and Zorzal years and what has been done until now partly.
At this moment in the novell...
htsujiMar 12, 2016 11:37 AM
Mar 12, 2016 11:50 AM
Dec 2014
Argh, last week i thought "next episode gonna be awesome", but no, we got one more cliffhanger, f**k. Burning.
m0rpheusMar 12, 2016 12:26 PM
Mar 12, 2016 11:51 AM

Nov 2011
For a majority of the series I've tolerated Tyuule since because of the whole race enslavement thing. But now I just say "F*ck it!" I hope it rains hellfire on those damn imperial scum XD

This immediately came up inside my head when the general said ok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KleseAAmUKw
Mar 12, 2016 11:57 AM

Feb 2015
after finished watching this episode; So! did Pina got raped or not ?

joke aside....pretty good episode overall, in the end, who is pied piper ? i'm guessing that big guy with big armor is Pied Piper. if he is, then Itami is in danger....
But still, that Pied Piper scene still made me confused.....
They ended the episode like that again ;_; WHY!!! well, at least we all know next episode will be the episode which we were all waiting for :D
2 more episode left and that is the end of Gate (?) !!!
overall it was pretty good episode even tho it was predictable :D
the imperial will get reck in the next episode for sure XD XD XD and i can't wait to see that!!!

SO!!!Did Pina got raped ?
waiting for someone to make the doujinshi where Pina got raped
Mar 12, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
I felt sad was Pina... She is treated way harshly by her brother
Mar 12, 2016 12:35 PM

Feb 2014
No paratrooper action this week :(
Mar 12, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2014
don't you agree that the whore and her lover really deserve one or two shoot? from an automatic gun of course :D
Mar 12, 2016 4:07 PM

Oct 2011
I want Zolzal and Bunny girl to die !!!!
Mar 12, 2016 4:08 PM

Mar 2009
How did we go from taking down a fucking DRAGON to all these boring episodes lately? I mean, at least the show's not focusing on the annoying loli anymore, but these episodes have been disappointing.
Mar 12, 2016 5:50 PM

Jun 2015
One can't both hate what Tyuule (warrior bunny) is doing, and want the JSDF to start a slaughter. This is exactly what Tyuule wants.

Best case is only Zolzal and Tyuule get a bullet to the head.

I get the creeping feeling that even Tyuule is being controlled. Note that it was Bouro that suggested Tyuule have the Japanese girl killed.

When Shandy lost sight while tailing the Pied Piper, is was clear she was compromised.
Find the Pied Piper, you find the one who just might be controlling Shady, Tyuule and the core of the problem.
Mar 12, 2016 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
2 more to go for the bunnies downfall.
Mar 12, 2016 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! JSDF is ready to storm the attackers of the palace and Itami going to the central empire to rescue Pina! so Hyped! and can't wait for the next episode!
5/5!

Mar 12, 2016 8:31 PM

Jun 2014
MANNNN I thought this episode would be the paradrop... what a tease.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.