Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just when I said this series was lacking romance, Toudou and that ridiculously amazing outfit save the day.

Also nice Madhouse clock.
Aug 13, 2016 11:39 AM

Oct 2012
Hiromi is so cool. this episode was exciting
Oct 14, 2016 8:49 PM

Apr 2014
one thing i really admire about this anime is that they didn't make the coach have a romantic relationship with our heroine. i was almost 100% sure that it would happen but thankfully i've been proven wrong. but i still wish this anime was longer so we could learn about the coach and his past and all that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2017 1:36 AM

May 2016
At this point I can safely say that this series is at its best when its insanity results in realistic events and/or deadpan humor. The fabricated melodrama just isn't working.

By the way, were their opponents so outmatched that they couldn't find a way to win even with an injured opponent? Wasn't this competition supposed to be SUPER tough?
Lease_of_LifeJan 9, 2017 1:40 AM
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Jun 7, 2017 3:07 AM
Aug 2014
Well Oka pretty much won the first set by herself, so I guess they weren't very good. Still didn't expect them to win though with how they played up the injury.
Aug 23, 2017 11:34 PM

Dec 2015
The competitions are the least interesting parts. At least, we see the heroin's idol sincerely recognizing her playmate.

3/5

owlpoop said:
they didn't make the coach have a romantic relationship with our heroine. i was almost 100% sure that it would happen but thankfully i've been proven wrong

Rather than with Ôka, I was expecting some love intrigue between coach and the Ochôfujin based on Top wo nerae! ~ Gunbuster's initial situation.
Dec 27, 2017 2:34 PM

Nov 2016
Oka proved herself as a more than relieable partner, good episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 3, 2019 11:54 AM

Jan 2017
i really liked the abstractness of this episode. the purples, blacks, and goldens; along with the wavering, distorted images.

some scenes were cool as well, namely the psychological place when ochoufujin hit the ball and the bandages come off, only to be wrapped up again when she gets up (lol). yeah the purples and blacks were working really well. the golden color when the team was about to win also fit nicely, along with the trumpet variation of the OP.

my favorite part was when todou was encouraging hiromi to stand up. “the distance between you and the racket is your youth”. in walking towards her racket, she meets her present self, all the time spent in her youth devoted to tennis.

two small things i would like to point out: whenever someone serves the ball, it seems that another ball is held in the same hand that throws up the ball. but it disappears in the next shot where the person actually serves it. however, it isn’t always the case.

the depiction of the face behind fences. i think this is a smart thing to do so, as it makes the face more prominent, more recognizable. is this possibly the idea borrowed from today’s anime?
Feb 23, 2021 7:14 PM

Jun 2014
Ryuuzaki's injured arm made this match extremely tough for her and for Hiromi, who had to cover for Ryuuzaki throughout the match. Hiromi was so worn out, that the tennis match almost resembled a boxing match, with Toudou encouraging her to get back up. Her final swing of the racket was so powerful, it dented in the opponent's racket.

Aug 29, 2022 9:01 PM

Oct 2017
Interesting to note that the first set was 9-7 for Oka/Ryuzaki, in an era where the tiebreak was just an American invention.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 4 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 18, 2013

10 by ArtimesGamer »»
Mar 26, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 3 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 18, 2013

11 by ArtimesGamer »»
Mar 26, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 26 Discussion

Seabury - Mar 5, 2012

18 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 27, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 20 Discussion

Unowen - Mar 7, 2016

5 by johneaston »»
Nov 2, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 23 Discussion

Unowen - Mar 10, 2016

9 by Perevodildo »»
Dec 13, 2022 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.