Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, more story building except there's also some flashbacks now. I think that makes since considering how much Misaki's character has been a focus recently.

I think her reason of leaving the club also had some legitimacy behind it. Cute episode. It's also adorable seeing Asuka's past too!
Mar 7, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2010
Lot's of rain this episode.
And Asuka and Misaki found new resolve which was nice to see.
And seeing Mashiro as a stray cat was funny.

It was also pretty clear who the person from their childhood was which could lead to some nice developments.
Mar 7, 2016 11:23 AM

Jan 2015
Damn Mashiro and her wild "imagination".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 7, 2016 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing Mashiro as a stray cat was funny!
Mar 7, 2016 1:20 PM

Aug 2010
Looks like Asuka was really affected by that loss last episode. Nice to see that she and Misaki were able to get past it.
That stray cat part with Mashiro was pretty funny.

The flashbacks were also nics. So Asuka's hair pin was a wing from that Mech.
Overall a good episode.
Mar 7, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2012
Another good episode. I was a bit worried during the match, but Misaki kicked Asuka's newb ass so all was right in the world. :) Super sexy slumber party was cute. I swear, that black top really accentuates Misaki's big, beautiful tits so well! :D

Didn't really care about child Asuka's flashbacks though honestly. It's clearly the male lead in them who I don't care about. Maybe I woulda cared if if were tomboy Misaki for some yuri teasing, but oh well.
Mar 7, 2016 1:34 PM

Oct 2015
Asuka singing in the beginning was cute and funny.The flashbacks were nice and we all know who the kid was.So glad Misaki and Asuka are back to themselves and glad she is back on the team.Mashiro's stray cat and other shenanigans were hilarious.
Mar 7, 2016 1:52 PM

Feb 2009
Cute episode, really enjoyed the changes in the OP as well. At least Asuka wasn't mary-sued through her entire PTSD-sode.

Mar 7, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
Why is it that literally no one in this show can seem to accept defeat? First there's Misaki quitting cos she lost to Shindou when he wasn't trying, then we learnt that Masaya quit after losing to a noob, and now there's Asuka getting all depressed and somehow forgetting how to fly after losing to Inui despite being a noob who pretty much fluked her way up to that point anyway. It's really fucking annoying, but at least it doesn't seem likely to happen anymore now that Misaki and Asuka are out of their slumps.

Also, I'm hoping the flashbacks, in which the other kid was obviously Masaya, are the hint that we're finally going to get at least some romance in the final few episodes just to round things off. Mix it in with a final match against Inui and this series could actually end somewhat decently.
Mar 7, 2016 2:26 PM

Apr 2011
oh boy did they bring Asuka down to Earth. She had also gotten ill after the fall in the ocean. Honestly though, what was the point of adding drama to Asuka when it gets fixed minutes later? They don't even mention how Asuka changed from the shy meek girl to who she is now (it was a childhood promise that made her change in VN)

we got the Asuka vs Misaki match now all that's left is who will face Saki..
Asuka using her incomplete satanic star ritual technique (only a triangle...) against Misaki

anyone who still cares about Masaya, give up. It's official. Even the heroines never gave a fuck

KomomoMar 7, 2016 4:03 PM
Mar 7, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2015
Nice to see Misaki and Asuka sort their problems out. Funny how Masaya's younger self is a female to them lol. Looking forward to next week. I hope we get a good match against Saki? and Irina.
Mar 7, 2016 2:54 PM
Jul 2009
danieltortoisee said:
Also, I'm hoping the flashbacks, in which the other kid was obviously Masaya, are the hint that we're finally going to get at least some romance in the final few episodes just to round things off. Mix it in with a final match against Inui and this series could actually end somewhat decently.

Honestly, I think it's too late for romance at this point. With three episodes left, they can barely cover the tournament properly. They'll probably mess up the pacing if they try to shoehorn some romance now.
Mar 7, 2016 3:07 PM
Mar 2013
1idd0kun said:
danieltortoisee said:

Honestly, I think it's too late for romance at this point. With three episodes left, they can barely cover the tournament properly. They'll probably mess up the pacing if they try to shoehorn some romance now.

I think they can at least end the series with an implication of a romance forming and leave it at that. Better than nothing, and it wouldn't be the first time a show ended with a romance only just now forming.
RoychopMar 7, 2016 3:14 PM
Mar 7, 2016 3:47 PM

Oct 2011
Can someone tell me WHY Asuka did get depressed?... she was in awe 2 episodes ago when she watched Shindou vs Inui lol (she even called her flying beautiful too? if I remember correctly), but when it came to her fight she out of nowhere got in even worse state then Misaki lol. How can you forget how to fly? it was hurting my eyes when I watched 1rst half of the episode, her reason AT LEAST TO ME was even more ridiculous than Misaki's. I mean she was flying for SOMEONE ELSE? what the heck, and because of that and this hairpin she forgot how to fly and got more depressed?

Mashiro in this episode grew a lot on me, since she seems to be pretty understandable and adorable in some moments. No in every moment so far I would say, unlike our prodigy who forgot how to fly.

Writing is even worse than I imagined it to be, I'm relieved at least that she didn't beat Misaki in 2nd half or it would be even more ridiculous (getting her shi.t together in this moment and "remember how to fly" just to beat Misaki so she would rejoin the club lol). I don't have words for it already, this show isn't worth nothing more than 6/10.
ArreitMar 7, 2016 3:50 PM
Mar 7, 2016 4:07 PM

Nov 2015
Komomo said:
oh boy did they bring Asuka down to Earth. She had also gotten ill after the fall in the ocean. Honestly though, what was the point of adding drama to Asuka when it gets fixed minutes later? They don't even mention how Asuka changed from the shy meek girl to who she is now (it was a childhood promise that made her change in VN)

Asuka using her incomplete satanic star ritual technique (only a triangle...) against Misaki

anyone who still cares about Masaya, give up. It's official. Even the heroines never gave a fuck

Incomplete satanic star ritual technique? Did you just come with this name is this from manga or something? xD
Mar 7, 2016 4:26 PM

Sep 2015
Hahaha RIP Masaya, what a main character xD
Mar 7, 2016 4:31 PM

Jul 2009
Komomo said:

Who?
Raisken said:
Can someone tell me WHY Asuka did get depressed?... she was in awe 2 episodes ago when she watched Shindou vs Inui lol (she even called her flying beautiful too? if I remember correctly), but when it came to her fight she out of nowhere got in even worse state then Misaki lol. How can you forget how to fly? it was hurting my eyes when I watched 1rst half of the episode, her reason AT LEAST TO ME was even more ridiculous than Misaki's. I mean she was flying for SOMEONE ELSE? what the heck, and because of that and this hairpin she forgot how to fly and got more depressed?

Because the show wanted to add some drama and pretend Asuka was actually a deep character.
Mar 7, 2016 4:32 PM

Oct 2011
Neith720 said:
Komomo said:

Incomplete satanic star ritual technique? Did you just come with this name is this from manga or something? xD

Hahahah, good one! +1 for you.

Inugirlz said:

Raisken said:

Because the show wanted to add some drama and pretend Asuka was actually a deep character.

Well you can say so, after all she is DEEP isn't she? she was drowning in the ocean after Inui match xD

ArreitMar 7, 2016 4:35 PM
Mar 7, 2016 4:38 PM

Oct 2015
With all this Misaki and Asuka scenes I don think I even see the point in having Masaya, I mean I thought the romance was gonna kinda start in episode 8 but nope. And I also thought they might wonder for a bit and figure out who the childhood friend in the flashback. Because it was pretty obvious. Also I heard that in the VN Masaya was the one who first took Asuka to the skies. I guess I'll start reading the VN because the anime probably will not add any more romance, and if they do it will feel pretty rushed.

3/5 because they need to actually show that Masaya is the main character and not always emphazise the episodes on the girls. Literally one episode of Masaya's backstory (not counting this one). It makes me SO GOD DAMN ANGRY YOU KNOW!!
Mar 7, 2016 4:40 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Misaki's emoness was sad. That kid in her flashback should be more obvious than the killer in Boku Dake.

3/5
Mar 7, 2016 5:14 PM

Jun 2014
So it looks like Masaya gave the wing hair pin thing to Asuka, and then lost all motivation to compete in FC because of Misaki. I guess I can understand him not knowing about Misaki since he thought she was a boy, but how did he not recognize Asuka when they first met? Surely there can't be that many pink haired girls around who have that same hair pin.

Is there any point including romance in the genre? There hasn't been any so far and with only 3 episodes left, I'm sure it would be impossible to add some without it coming off as awkward and forced.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 7, 2016 6:03 PM

Aug 2014
Hinata who? The disrespect was real.

So let's see: Misaki beat Asuka, Shindou lost to Inui, Asuka will probably beat Inui. Is Misaki really one of the best or was her win just now a fan pleaser?

Anyway, the episode was okay+, mostly because of Misaki. Glad both hers and Asuka's issues got resolved quickly, though to be honest, I would've preferred it if Misaki didn't go back to FC. It felt like she flew with the utmost desire to not be outmatched instead of just for fun, but I guess we can't have another Masaya (I think that was his name).

3.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 7, 2016 7:09 PM
Sep 2015
Just when I thought Masaya finally got upgraded from a background character to a support character in the previous episode, this episode he got downgraded to a flashback character. Seems like any chance of romancing happening in the next few episodes are very slim.
Mar 7, 2016 7:28 PM

Aug 2013
And the protagonist loses focus again, at least we know he's had a past with Asuka and Misaki, it was a hilarious part of the plot, and after the crisis all starts to go well again, I expect an improvement in adapting this final stretch

Ow I understand the Misaki's face made to hear Asuka singing in this episode ..

Mar 7, 2016 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
ergh masaya.. just come out of your shell and play fc already. it's 9th episode you know!
Mar 7, 2016 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
remove the romance category of the anime.... I feel cheated >.<

| LastFM |
Mar 7, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
least the animation quality is back last 2 weeks were rough at a lot of times
Mar 7, 2016 9:38 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah I think it's safe to say... Rip Masaya. You had potential to be the mc however Gonzo didn't think so. Poor guy :/

Also to anyone that's still watching just for the romance
lolrekt
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Mar 7, 2016 10:15 PM
Oct 2015
mashiro needs more love hope to see another episode focused on her. notice her misaki-senpai
Mar 7, 2016 10:39 PM

Aug 2015
How do they not realize they've met Masaya before? Asuka, sure. She's a bit of an airhead, but not Misaki or Masaya. But it's not about him. He's kind of taken a supporting role now. If anything I would love to see them have a rematch. Anything else would be extra. Not sure where this is leading to as well,
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Mar 7, 2016 10:50 PM

Sep 2011
Oh look the MC and the heroine.

Asuka and Misaki, I mean.

Mar 7, 2016 11:22 PM

Jan 2010
wait, even misaki did not know masaya was playing before.
Mar 8, 2016 12:12 AM

Apr 2009
Misaki,Asuka,Rika and Mashiro all of them must die by humiliation and they betrayed the history of Aviation
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Mar 8, 2016 2:48 AM

Oct 2015
The flashback feels episode I guess. I was mad at Asuka for not being able to fly all of a sudden and I've also been mad at Misaki for stopping playing FC. I'm all happy now.

What a ridiculous coincidence. The boy that Asuka met in the past who gave her that pin is freaking Masaya who she has met again...
Mar 8, 2016 3:52 AM

Sep 2009
And I thought it was Kazunari, who defeated Masaya in the past. comes out it was Misaki.

Shocking truth (c)
Mar 8, 2016 4:52 AM

Apr 2015
I'm starting to suspect the romance might be between Asuka and Misaki...
Mar 8, 2016 6:22 AM
Mar 2013
evyyy said:
I'm starting to suspect the romance might be between Asuka and Misaki...

You aren't alone in thinking that. It is the only one that makes sense at this point. The show has been pretty much about Misaki and Asuka (ending just makes it more obvious), and they have always been the ones getting closer and forging stronger bonds (Masaya is just a side-character in this show who hasn't done much). If there is any romance, it would probably be between Misaki and Asuka.
RoychopMar 8, 2016 9:45 AM
Mar 8, 2016 7:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Even though I'm enjoying this series, this episode went on to further prove that it's clearly not doing the VN justice (At least when it comes to the romance/Masaya) and is pandering to all of the yuri fans
Mar 8, 2016 9:07 AM

Oct 2015
Aversa said:
Lot's of rain this episode.
And Asuka and Misaki found new resolve which was nice to see.
And seeing Mashiro as a stray cat was funny.

It was also pretty clear who the person from their childhood was which could lead to some nice developments.

I wonder where Masaya is in all of this. He is virtually a side character right now.
Tennouji said:
Oh look the MC and the heroine.

Asuka and Misaki, I mean.

The anime adaptation has taken a crazy turn.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 8, 2016 9:36 AM

Jun 2013
Who care about Masaya ?

Let's ship Asuka X Misaki
Mar 8, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
It's a good thing that Misaki and Asuka is okay and back to playing the sport once again.
Misaki is such a tomboy when she was a kid and as for Asuka...still the same as when she was a kid.
I bet the girl(?) person they are talking about must be Masaya.
Mar 8, 2016 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
I wish I could get all my time back from watching this travesty of an anime. Even Misaki pissed me off in this episode with her "I'm pathetic" nonsense. Give me a break.

Then Asuka can't fly all of a sudden...AFTER BEING THE BEST FLYER she can't fly.
Then let us quote Masaya when Asuka does start flying again. "She must have remembered how to fly."
Wow...really?
And not only does she fly but apparently she pulls of some "Delta" shit that we as the viewers only see it as flying in a triangle but apparently it's really impressive in FC.
I wish I could just punch Asuka and the writers right in their face.

Also when the best animation is going into the damn Seagulls...yeah you have a problem.

Komomo said:

Basically just a big Middle Finger to anyone who expected romance in this anime, including me...I actually thought it was pretty funny.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 8, 2016 11:31 AM

Mar 2016
Aaaaaaaaaaand lads and lasses all over the world!!! Still no flipping Romance!!!!! *sarcastic clap* What the flipping heck!!!!! Please oh please heed our calls dear animators, put Masaya in the spotlight already and flipping put the romance part in the series already!! Don't tell me you're planning to make Asuka fall in love instantly once she finds out it was Masaya who gave here dem wings!!! daaaaaaaaaaaaang~~!!!!
Mar 8, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2015
rickfurious said:
How do they not realize they've met Masaya before? Asuka, sure. She's a bit of an airhead, but not Misaki or Masaya. But it's not about him. He's kind of taken a supporting role now. If anything I would love to see them have a rematch. Anything else would be extra. Not sure where this is leading to as well,

Because, well, to quote Misaki "who cares?" about some kid they don't even sure if it's a boy or a girl?
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Mar 8, 2016 12:18 PM

May 2015
Good episode. Those flashbacks were pretty cute, same for little Misaki. But yea, the show doesn't feel like it does the VN any justice at all. Main character feels like a support character, maybe even less than that. Not saying I don't like the show, though. Not at all. Maybe I should jump into the original material after this is over.

Mar 8, 2016 12:27 PM

Apr 2015
Masaya episode next?

Adorable Asuka this episode too cute.

Mashiro with the cat thing was also cutee
Mar 8, 2016 5:17 PM
Mar 2016
I'm fully expecting this anime to go full Yuri
Mar 8, 2016 11:27 PM

Oct 2011
Rip Masaya T____T

Would at least like him to wear the FC outfit T__T
Mar 9, 2016 4:52 AM

Apr 2009
Well Well Well Masaya Hinata of AoKana is really a lowly coward unlike Yuuji Itami of Gate who's not a coward and he saves the peeps from Ginza,Japan in the first ep of GATE's S1 :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Mar 9, 2016 10:25 PM

Mar 2012
Haha Funny how was Masaya a Childhood with Asuka but not asuka nor masaya noticed XD
and also in Masaya's past the boy who defeated him (thought he was a boy but she is girl) was Misaki but not misaki nor masaya noticed XD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

151 by Azzybana »»
Dec 7, 2023 3:20 PM

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM

» First this or VN?

Grontan - Feb 28, 2023

7 by Zedlin »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2016

83 by iajsjjz91 »»
Aug 21, 2022 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.