Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2016 12:43 PM

Dec 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The final chapter. I thought it was pretty okay. As expected they won by a single point in the last few seconds.

Kagami and Aomine dunking it together was the best part imo.
Mar 3, 2016 12:46 AM

May 2014
I can't wait to see this entire story animated!
Mar 3, 2016 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
cannot wait for the scanlations to be out

the final shot or dunk

Mar 3, 2016 11:58 PM

Nov 2009
So Midorima didn't enter the Zone in the end.
Mar 4, 2016 2:08 AM

Dec 2013
Translations here!

Sort of sad to see Akashi's other self disappear like that.

DIE Jabberwock! LOL
Mar 4, 2016 2:26 AM

Jan 2011
Why does MAL say it has 9 chapters when it ended on 8th..?

Mar 4, 2016 2:32 AM
Aug 2011
Anna_Hiwatari said:
Why does MAL say it has 9 chapters when it ended on 8th..?

Whenever you see numbers that don't match up with the overall chapter count like that click the more info tab on the manga page if available.
In this case they are counting that side story as 1 extra chapter.

gmgkng said:

His strong faith in horoscopes and all those lucky items were utterly useless!

Anyway, Jabberwock made for an awful body of antagonists.
There has to be more than just resorting to calling others "monkeys" and acting like complete dicks just so the readers can despise them.

And Akashi just did away with his other self like that. Basketball sure has been a magical cure-all in this series.
It was important and that it had to happen (if it even had to happen at all) against these fuckers was sigh worthy to say the least.

I think I had more things to write about but inspiration falls short.

I look forward to the movie though, animation and movement has done wonders for KnB.
That and I get to hear Aomine's delicious voice once again.
standMar 4, 2016 2:57 AM
Mar 4, 2016 5:08 AM
Mar 2016
"Doesn't mean we have any time to be scared. It doesn't matter how strong he is, we cannot lose to scum like him."

Hold up. Did I just see Aomine exhibit leadership qualities?

I'm so proud of my bro.

Jabberwock, of course, played like idiots in the final moments. 11 seconds remaining and Nash rushes with the ball over to the offence smh.

Waste time and walk slowly from the other end of the court. Force a foul. Even worse they start passing the ball amongst themselves.

Fujimaki always makes one side choke so hard.

Also, Kuroko was able to lob despite Nash's Eye hmmmmmm.
Marsh90Mar 4, 2016 5:11 AM
Mar 4, 2016 7:20 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
G_Spark233 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The final chapter. I thought it was pretty okay. As expected they won by a single point in the last few seconds.

Kagami and Aomine dunking it together was the best part imo.
nah bruh....The best part was when Aomine fucking scored by throwing the ball behind the rim and into the net....I came so hard after seeing that lol

Glad to see that they won in the end and that dunk was beautiful indeed....Silver and Nash's salt and tears are delicious
Mar 4, 2016 7:51 AM
Apr 2014
Why does MAL say there will be 9 chapters?
Mar 4, 2016 12:05 PM
Jul 2015
Kagami and Aomine were awesome. I love the intense feel of the matches in this manga.

i kinda feel disappointed it was too short tho lol i wanted to read more
Mar 4, 2016 1:12 PM

Sep 2010
gghelis said:
Why does MAL say there will be 9 chapters?

Yep I'm wondering the same thing actually.
Mar 4, 2016 1:16 PM

Jan 2009
gmgkng said:

yep, looks like he does not have a zone, im imagining that Midorima in the zone can make long range shots in any shooting form lol or if that is too much then just make him completely ambidextrous when in the zone
Mar 4, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2015
was okay. thought kuroko would do something more epic after the end of the last chapter. but in the end he did just normal kuroko stuff. meehhhh...still cool story over all. cant wait for the movie
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Mar 4, 2016 4:05 PM

Apr 2013
Midorima don´t have a zone probably because his ability is to OP, if he get´s in, probably no one could stop him...
so maybe the author choose dont put him in this state...

A great chapter in my opinion. Shows a little more of the Aomine´s ability with Kagami helps. Nash phisycal ability is insane, beeing able to pass throught the 4 of Gom Player. I fell a little sad by the farewell of the other akashi to realese his full ability, but it seems necessary, and turns out that Akashi became a God now kkkk.

P:S: I realize that kuroko´s quasy emperor eye is a little useless now in the gom team, because the complete emperor eye of akashi can also see the teammates future, or maybe is only my impression?

Sorry for the bad english...
DossocMar 4, 2016 4:23 PM
Mar 4, 2016 10:41 PM

Dec 2012
Kagami and Aomine both in the Zone.
Kuroko and his Phantom Shot.
Congrats Vorpal Swords. Winning by just 1 point.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 5, 2016 1:16 AM

Mar 2012
It was fun while it lasted. That Kuroko to Aomine oop behind the backboard was hella awesome! Now to hunt out that "After Winter Cup" chapter...
Mar 5, 2016 10:51 AM

Jun 2013
Were Aomine and Kagami hard to tell apart for anyone else?
Mar 5, 2016 11:32 AM

Aug 2012
That was lame. Or maybe I just expect too much
Mar 6, 2016 10:20 AM

Jun 2011
RagingMan said:
Not just you, 99% of the time I couldn't tell them apart.

Recently, I have been watching some real life basketball game, and reading this honestly make me feel bored that this has so much more potential, that instead of resorting to "My will is stronger than yours" and fall back to cheesy shounen friendship talk "I will defeat you", they could have used some real on court strategy like drive fake step back, pump fake, double spin dribble, etc., and with how exaggerated this series is, Aomine's formless shot could be unstoppable if they know how.
Edit: Does the 3 sec violation not apply to this series? Also, the turnover should be quick, not wait until all opponents are gathered on your side of the court.

Speaking of Aomine, I am quite saddened that the poor guy was probably nerfed. He would be too OP otherwise. His formless shot was barely used, which in my opinion is one of his best arsenal.

Oh ya, Akashi's poor defense on whatever Jr. really reminds me of what poor era the current league is in, defensive wise.

I wonder, how many times have the "He looks different than before" been said in this entire series? Because that's pretty much how the games are in this series, players getting stronger, faster, changing playstyle, etc. in the middle of a game. Lol, you couldn't get more shounen than that.

Done with the nitpicking now. Besides all that, this extra game "sequel" doesn't even have a satisfying ending. It's nothing but rushed/half ass closure.
ToG25thBaamMar 6, 2016 10:48 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 6, 2016 3:16 PM

Jan 2015
Hmm so they won what a surprise did I read the last panel right??? A son who's is it???
Mar 6, 2016 5:56 PM
Aug 2015
F
ToG25thBaam said:
RagingMan said:

Recently, I have been watching some real life basketball game, and reading this honestly make me feel bored that this has so much more potential, that instead of resorting to "My will is stronger than yours" and fall back to cheesy shounen friendship talk "I will defeat you", they could have used some real on court strategy like drive fake step back, pump fake, double spin dribble, etc., and with how exaggerated this series is, Aomine's formless shot could be unstoppable if they know how.
Edit: Does the 3 sec violation not apply to this series? Also, the turnover should be quick, not wait until all opponents are gathered on your side of the court.

Speaking of Aomine, I am quite saddened that the poor guy was probably nerfed. He would be too OP otherwise. His formless shot was barely used, which in my opinion is one of his best arsenal.

Oh ya, Akashi's poor defense on whatever Jr. really reminds me of what poor era the current league is in, defensive wise.

I wonder, how many times have the "He looks different than before" been said in this entire series? Because that's pretty much how the games are in this series, players getting stronger, faster, changing playstyle, etc. in the middle of a game. Lol, you couldn't get more shounen than that.

Done with the nitpicking now. Besides all that, this extra game "sequel" doesn't even have a satisfying ending. It's nothing but rushed/half ass closure.

Most of that's individual work. I would have liked to have seen Fujimaki explore the half court offensive sets and defensive formations from basketball where the strategy of the sport truly shows.

I think there was like only one Pick and Roll being shown in the entire series lmao. Which is the most basic offense ever.

Do you mean a defensive 3 sec violation? because those don't exist under FIBA rules which I'm assuming are the rules Japan follows.
Mar 6, 2016 8:21 PM
Apr 2012
[/quote]That and I get to hear Aomine's delicious voice once again.[/quote]

You've got that right. God Aomine's voice is fucking beautiful. I was also a bit underwhelmed by the ending. It was predictable, and the fact that kuroko stole the ball from a guy with full court vision who could see the future as well doesn't really make any sense. But whatever, I still enjoyed it. I wonder if we'll see anymore kuroko after this or if it truly is the end. Hopefully if something else does come out it'll be released more regularly than extra game was.
Mar 6, 2016 11:30 PM

Jun 2011
DSizzle said:
Do you mean a defensive 3 sec violation? because those don't exist under FIBA rules which I'm assuming are the rules Japan follows.
No, I mean the three-seconds rule.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_seconds_rule
Mar 7, 2016 3:14 AM
Mar 2016
ToG25thBaam said:
RagingMan said:

Yeah I realized some time back that KnB is not a sports manga. It is a middle-high school drama that uses magic, shonen, and basketball to move the story.

There is very little actual basketball. Which is annoying because there are some things done which are just so so so stupid it makes me pull my hair out. I'm looking at the final minutes of games specifically.

Jabberwock is ahead in the last few minutes but they are rushing to score wtf? Even in the last minute. Rakuzan and Jabberowck are both guilty of this. Stupidly passing the ball amongst themselves in the last 24 seconds smh.

Onto the defensive aspect lol bruh if Jabberwock could handcheck, elbow check, etc, Vorpal Swords would have been injured out of the game by half time. Starting with Midorima. "Oh, you can shoot from anywhere? How bout I ram this elbow in your face fam."

I mean hell, even Murasakibara got injured out. Silver would've gone on a mission injuring each of the GoMs.

GoM are too small to last with old school rules lol.
Mar 7, 2016 4:09 AM

Jun 2011
Marsh90 said:
Jabberwock is ahead in the last few minutes but they are rushing to score wtf? Even in the last minute. Rakuzan and Jabberowck are both guilty of this. Stupidly passing the ball amongst themselves in the last 24 seconds smh.
Lol I forgot to address this one. That last possession was O_O, they could have waited out the remaining seconds, but no, passing around risking a steal/turnover lol. If they knew how to ball they would have won the game.

Marsh90 said:
Onto the defensive aspect lol bruh if Jabberwock could handcheck, elbow check, etc, Vorpal Swords would have been injured out of the game by half time. Starting with Midorima. "Oh, you can shoot from anywhere? How bout I ram this elbow in your face fam."
Wasn't hand checking illegal?
Mar 7, 2016 5:27 AM
Mar 2016
ToG25thBaam said:
Marsh90 said:
Lol I forgot to address this one. That last possession was O_O, they could have waited out the remaining seconds, but no, passing around risking a steal/turnover lol. If they knew how to ball they would have won the game.

Marsh90 said:
Wasn't hand checking illegal?

Today it's illegal ya. You so much as breath on someone today and you could get called smh lol.
Mar 7, 2016 6:33 AM

Sep 2010
Thanks Fujimaki sensei :)

Now we will have to wait for 2017 to enjoy the movie. Gonna be great!! With cool new songs *_*
Mar 7, 2016 11:06 PM

Jul 2015
Aww....seeing Akashi's other half leave made me sad :c

I'm kinda disappointed that the ending was so rushed, but overall it was aight - can't wait to see the movie!

Mar 8, 2016 12:09 AM

May 2013
the final is sooo omfg. so awesome x33
kagami and aomine's dunk tho x3

now I just need to wait for the movie :'3

I really hope it will be aired in my country as well ;w;
skyskyferMar 8, 2016 12:13 AM
made by bunnyama
Mar 10, 2016 6:28 AM

Oct 2009
XPwnDEnd said:
Now to hunt out that "After Winter Cup" chapter...

This.

Also: was I the only one happy to see Niji at the end? Captain Rainbow is back <3
Mar 10, 2016 7:46 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Aomine and Kagami looked like twins in the manga.

So that's it for Jabberwock? I was expecting something like Silver randomly attacked a person after the match because he was so angry and then he got in the jail and cried.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 24, 2016 4:32 PM

Apr 2012
Expected a better end, felt like it was a bit rushed, the lasts pages seemmed obvious to me and I guess everyone who's been following KnB, no time, Kuroko randomly appears from his position, steal the ball and win by 1 points.

I mean, we've seen that many times in the manga already :/ No opinion on the other member ? Coach ? reaction from jabberwock ? rip, still extra game was really insane and nice to follow, but this last scan was not as good as I expected.
Apr 9, 2016 4:26 PM

Apr 2013
Extra Game probably had all the flaws Kuroko no Basket is notorious for, but amplified to an even greater extent. It was still a fun read, but the sheer absurdity of how evil the opponents were portrayed detracted quite a bit from my enjoyment.
The movie will probably be great, though, considering seeing some of the plays animated will just be mindblowing.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 25, 2016 1:05 AM

Jun 2015
A lot of the chapter was good but I really disliked how it really ended, like how it showed Jabberwock leaving and Teppei with Nijimura and that was it.

Some celebration would have been okay. The overall series was enjoyable though, since we got a lot of cool plays but I think it's a 7.5 at best.
Apr 25, 2016 1:59 AM
Apr 2016
Honestly, this chapter was terrible, instead of having people use what they already had to pull out a comeback, they just gave Akashi some bull way to get more OP. I mean honestly, Imagine Akashi using perfect rhythm, them being in actual zone, all of them using direct drive zone, since they had accepted playing as a team and Kuroko was the "Gatekeeper", Kuroko's quasi emperor eye since he'd played so long with all of them, and their already amazing skill sets [invisibility (Kuroko), emperor eye(Akashi), shoot from anywhere (Midorima), shoot in any way (Aomine), and Jump higher than anyone (Kagami {and in basketball this is one of the most useful tools})]. I mean there was so much to work with.
May 19, 2016 10:17 AM
Apr 2014
Lol, MAL already says it's 10 chapters. Wth?
May 20, 2016 10:57 PM

Apr 2016
Thinking back to this chapter... I'm really disappointed by the way the series ended, but I do think the chapter was okay. I did like seeing Akashi's transformation and just seeing that he's okay makes me happy. :) However, I was not impressed at all by how things seemed really abrupt. Even Kiyoshi and Nijimura's appearances at the end were WAY TOO shot. T.T I'm glad to see the boys happy and all, but there were too many things that were unanswered... I would have liked to learn why or how the American team was SO strong. Basically, Kuroko either needs to be longer or told better by Fujimaki.
May 21, 2016 1:46 AM
Mar 2016
Cloe900311 said:
Thinking back to this chapter... I'm really disappointed by the way the series ended, but I do think the chapter was okay. I did like seeing Akashi's transformation and just seeing that he's okay makes me happy. :) However, I was not impressed at all by how things seemed really abrupt. Even Kiyoshi and Nijimura's appearances at the end were WAY TOO shot. T.T I'm glad to see the boys happy and all, but there were too many things that were unanswered... I would have liked to learn why or how the American team was SO strong. Basically, Kuroko either needs to be longer or told better by Fujimaki.

The American team was so strong because they're American and the NBA is an American dominated sport. Not much else to say about that lol.
May 21, 2016 10:50 AM

Apr 2016
Marsh90 said:
Cloe900311 said:

The American team was so strong because they're American and the NBA is an American dominated sport. Not much else to say about that lol.

I thought it wouldn't hurt to learn a bit more about the American team. What drew each of them to basketball? If they're just naturally strong and talented, why basketball out of all of the sports in the world? Maybe there was a story as to how Nash Gold Jr. recognized or developed and took advantage of his Belial Eye (?) And what about the other three players, whose names I don't remember being mentioned LOL?
Jul 17, 2016 3:29 PM

Nov 2013
So... does anyone know where those AFTER WINTER CUP side stories are? It's been months and I can't find them. 「(゚ペ)
Aug 6, 2016 4:38 AM
Aug 2016
It was fine but i agree that they rushed it for no good reason. They had a couple of ways to end the game off. The Akashi powerup made sense tbh, because it was always implied there was inner conflict between the split personalities over the emperor eye, with the orgininal personality once admitting that the emperor personality was naturally better with it. So bringing closure to the split personality and giving Akashi full access to his powers was nothing absurd for me, especially how akashi's second personality was also suppressed during the fight against Seirin. So from there akashi had nash essentially on lock. But Silver is still a huge threat with Muri injured and without Zone +PC kise / PC Kise + Zone Aomine Double team they didnt have a next counterplay for him. The best way to deal with Silver at that point was to just use quasi emperor eye Kuroko + Zone Kagami double team him like they did against Zone akashi. Silver is arrogant and selfish with the ball and would definitely not pass out despite that being an unbeatable combo, and zone aomine + midorima would be able to cover the last 3 Jabberwock members. and from there the offense is pretty easy. And if they really want, add direct zone as the icing on the cake but not particularly necessary. Then game ends the same. Also, I dont think it was neccesary to develop the other 3 characters on Jabbwerwock much, it was made clear that Nash + Silver gave the team the name even if the other 3 are GOM level, because Nash and Silver were pretty much both stated to be each above the level of a GOM, which made sense given their attributes.
Aug 10, 2016 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
For a short series, I think this was overall kinda average. I didn't expect much about it with it being only 10 chapters (+ the extra content). I think some of the early chapters were good while some of the latter ones leading up to the final few with Vorpal's victory being rather cheesy.
Aug 10, 2016 4:20 AM
Sep 2012
Was the main series this cheesy? I don't remember being this disgusted while reading/watching it... Poor ending, poor choice in changing character design, poor villains, and a let down considering Vorpal Swords should have been an awesome team. I guess the main issue was that everyone had a super power, while in the main series it was just a few on each team so it focused more on actual tactics and skill.
Aug 13, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 2016
Good god this series can finally go to sleep. It's fun to see them together, but the whole thing is very poorly written.
Aug 14, 2016 4:02 AM
Feb 2012
It was a fun read, even though the scanlation was waaay behind at times. However, what I'm really looking forward to is the anime adaption this special was announced to receive. The awesome visuals, the hopefully catchy opening, great seiyuus, animated special moves... <3
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 25, 2016 10:48 AM

Apr 2007
I am honestly really hoping that the Extra Game movie will include some other things. Perhaps the movie will show us a lot of things after Winter Cup, and what not.

This sequel was a bit rushed to me as well. It also felt like it took away a lot of things that had built up in the original series. This is called Kuroko's Basketball... and the regular manga ended great.

However, this one, even if it's called Extra Game, it felt like Kuroko didn't have a big part in it. It's mostly about Akashi and his Emperor's Eye to say the least.

I also couldn't tell the difference between Kagami and Aomine -_-... I'm also rather sad that they didn't do anything with those on the bench, Takao, Hyuga, etc...

Again, I'm hoping that it'll be better in the actual animated version for the movie.

More topics from this board

» Top Players In Order

Oreo_Assassin - Mar 11, 2016

13 by JL7-Raijin »»
Oct 22, 2020 12:07 PM

» JUMP next cover of Vol 1 2016 pays homage to Kuroko no Basket WSJ first appearance from january 2009 plus combined covers of both extra game volume tankobon

johnknight648 - Jul 29, 2016

0 by johnknight648 »»
Jul 29, 2016 8:55 PM

» Midorima...

Oreo_Assassin - Sep 5, 2015

6 by Marsh90 »»
Apr 30, 2016 8:11 AM

» Kuroko's Basketball Anime Gets Film

deg - Sep 20, 2015

3 by K_Omsa »»
Mar 6, 2016 7:24 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Chapter 7 Discussion

deg - Dec 28, 2015

24 by Dossoc »»
Feb 23, 2016 4:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.