Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2016 10:54 AM

Dec 2015
So he made her live in a bus to protect her from the abuse and confuse the killer? It seems like that"s the case here.
Damn cliffhanger again! At this rate not many people will watch it weekly lol.
Great episode. The best parts are coming though.
Feb 18, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2014
KirmiShinigami said:
I AM SO DAMN DONE

This cliffhanger... It seemed to be a small person with backpack, but if it is Satoru or Kenya, why didn't they knock?

Or maybe one of the students is helping the murderer after all?
OR WHAT IF THIS IS YUUKI? Nah too impossible

Loved this episode, but DAMN THIS CLIFFHANGER
(and I was drinking a cup of tea with biscuits as I was watching the noodle scene :D)

OH MY GOD thanks for making me notice it was a small person.
Remember when Satoru got out to meet Kayo in the bus the first night ?
His mother opened her eyes. So she's aware her son has been going out at night.

Please make it Satoru's mum and not the killer !!!!
Feb 18, 2016 10:56 AM

Apr 2015
Another cliffhanger...

Solid episode though. I don't like the plot holes but it's enjoyable so far. Excited to see what happens next. Also nice to see a school without a dress code lol
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Feb 18, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2015
Kenya is suspicious as fuck. I bet he called the murder and told him where Hinazuki lived.

Great episode. As expected, I like the anime more when Satoru is a kid.
Feb 18, 2016 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
I haven't been this angry about a cliffhanger since 2013 with Attack on Titan, but damn.... i freaking love this anime

Apr 2014
Much better than the previous two episodes. Still felt a bit rushed.
AlexTheRiot said:
Even Satoru has them now...Red herring, or do they simply signify the ability to articulate/interfere with Revival in some way?

Heh yeah.

They're just red herrings though.

Dec 2014
Nice ep :), but also I think this Kenya is not trustworthy. And maybe he is partner in crime that why the murderer come when no one was with Hinazuki he knows no one was near Hinazuki. Dont forget the cliffhanger at the ep 3 (we saw Kenya was talking with his teacher), we can't trust him atm. But I want to be wrong, I'm pretty like Kenya for what he does so hope i'm wrong.
Feb 18, 2016 11:01 AM

Dec 2015
Ariak said:
Another cliffhanger...

Solid episode though. I don't like the plot holes but it's enjoyable so far. Excited to see what happens next. Also nice to see a school without a dress code lol

What plotholes? Unless you didn't understand something then it's not plothole...
Feb 18, 2016 11:01 AM

Sep 2015
xXKeikoChanXx said:
KirmiShinigami said:
I AM SO DAMN DONE

This cliffhanger... It seemed to be a small person with backpack, but if it is Satoru or Kenya, why didn't they knock?

Or maybe one of the students is helping the murderer after all?
OR WHAT IF THIS IS YUUKI? Nah too impossible

Loved this episode, but DAMN THIS CLIFFHANGER
(and I was drinking a cup of tea with biscuits as I was watching the noodle scene :D)

Did I miss something the killer is as tall as the door, it's a weird angle but it wasn't a small person. Had to watch the ending a couple times. It is definatly a lanky adult sized person. Wearing a back-pack with tools of murder :.(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 18, 2016 11:05 AM

Sep 2015
KonoYume said:
Ariak said:
Another cliffhanger...

What plotholes? Unless you didn't understand something then it's not plothole...

It's 1988 no school other than private schools had dress codes in 1988 lol. My school didn't get a dress code till I was a senior in High school which was 2009. That was 21 years later from the revival setting. Also would like to these said plot holes because I thought the story was pretty soild but could concede that with good discussion.
Feb 18, 2016 11:06 AM

Feb 2016
I hope it was Satoru's mom at the end too but black clothers and backpack are just too suspicious >w<. Well, maybe it was just to create cliffhanger and it will really be Satoru's mom.

And even if it was killer, maybe there will be someone who will save Kayo.
Feb 18, 2016 11:07 AM

Feb 2014
UnicornLover666 said:
Nothing257 said:
I really liked this episode. really good.
Also if that guy at the end is the killer then he is really persistent on getting that one girl for no real reason.

I am sure that he has got some reasons. Otherwise he wouldn't kill Satoru's mom and that other girl (forgot names ._.). He is targeting all the women Satoru likes. But I wonder what is the reason ._.

I don't think he is specifically targeting the women in Satoru's life. Well- not initially. Hinazuki was just a target because she fit the killers build - which is young girls at this point and time. Hiromi was only targeted to allude the police a bit, but he looked feminine so still fit the build.

He obviously killed Satoru's mother because she started investigating and she realized the killer was still at large/who the killer would potentially be. Satoru clearly was the obvious scape goat for him to pin the murder on but why not try to drive the knife in further (lol sorry for the pun) and try to pin the death of Airi on him as well?

I feel in the present time line the killer is just having fun toying with Satoru. If Satoru's mother hadn't witnessed the killer trying to abduct that child she never would have become a victim.
Feb 18, 2016 11:08 AM
Jan 2016
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
xXKeikoChanXx said:

Did I miss something the killer is as tall as the door, it's a weird angle but it wasn't a small person. Had to watch the ending a couple times. It is definatly a lanky adult sized person. Wearing a back-pack with tools of murder :.(

It looked like a bigger version of Saturo for me for a bit... SO I AM PRETTY SURE IT IS SATORU'S MOM
IT HAS TO BE
RIGHT? RIGHT?

IT IS SATURO'S MOM AND EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE DAIJOBU ;w; RIGHT?
Feb 18, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2015
Bruh that cliffhanger damn
Feb 18, 2016 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
That yell right when the revival happened was so cringey.

God I wanted satorou to push that bitch mom so bad.

Overall, a pretty good episode.
Feb 18, 2016 11:11 AM
Jan 2016
Manga readers, at the pace they are going, will they finish it all at episode 12 or do you think a season 2 is likely?
Feb 18, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2015
Cliffhanger y u do dis ;(

Feb 18, 2016 11:15 AM

Nov 2014
UnicornLover666 said:
He is targeting all the women Satoru likes. But I wonder what is the reason ._.

Lol reminds me of yuno killing yuki's friends and all the obstacles including akise aru who reminds me of kenya who's also very smart.
Maybe the killer IS a yandere? (¬‿¬)
Feb 18, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2014
KirmiShinigami said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

It looked like a bigger version of Saturo for me for a bit... SO I AM PRETTY SURE IT IS SATORU'S MOM
IT HAS TO BE
RIGHT? RIGHT?

Alright, let's see if it's possible for it to be Satoru's mum :

Opinions ? (keeping in mind that mystery person is a little closer to the steps than Satoru)
xXKeikoChanXxFeb 18, 2016 11:23 AM
Feb 18, 2016 11:16 AM

Nov 2010
The pants of the person who went to the bus look really similar in design and color with the ones Yuuki was wearing when Satoru went to his house.

At first I thought it was Satoru's Mother, but the build looks really manly.
Feb 18, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
another deathflag

goddamnit
Feb 18, 2016 11:22 AM

May 2010
Ok, lemme say this. I love how wonderfully human the characters are in this anime. Satoru himself said that he used to dislike Kayo 'cause she reminded him of himself. I suppose, he only started to help Kayo because he thought that if he saved her, he would save his mother. He started with that mindset, he wasn't being her perfect prince on white horse. But yes, slowly, he saw more sides to her, saw her in pain, in happiness and genuinely started caring for her. I'd agree with Kenya, the old Satoru wasn't bad, but the present Satoru is even more likable. He's a great protagonist. He's helpful, kind, brave, courageous and (to an extent) selfless as well.

Kenya is calm, intelligent and sharp, but at the same time, he still is only a kid (which can be seen from his expressions when he confronted Satoru at the stairs) I'm really glad the writer didn't write him as a typical kuudere friend who helps his bff just when he's in danger and joins him in his cause to save what he wants to protect. Instead, he properly observed him for some time, and then they properly talked out (most of the) issue together. True friends indeed.

And, I love how supporting and loving Satoru's mom is. She's nice without being too naive or strict, and instead is smart and mature. One of the best anime moms for sure.

And Kayo. She needs all the happiness she deserves. I just hope she isn't dead again in this timeline, 'cause of that last scene. I hope it is Satoru's mom like everyone else. Another cliffhanger, sigh.
Feb 18, 2016 11:23 AM

Sep 2014
All these cliffhangers. Please be safe Kayo ;_;
Feb 18, 2016 11:27 AM

Jun 2010
I suspected the anime would make a cliffhanger out of this ^^ Poor anime-only people, I can only imagine what your hearts are going through right now...

This is the episode the most was left out of, at least so far. Nothing incredibly plot-important, just bits. Like how Kenya's father is a lawyer under scrutiny for currently defending another of the Killer's scapegoats despite overwhelming evidence. Or how Satoru was initially going to use a stun gun on Hinazuki's mother, not just push her down some stairs. Little things, fortunately they don't distract from awesome.
ewormFeb 18, 2016 11:30 AM
Feb 18, 2016 11:28 AM

Feb 2011
I really hate how every episode ends, it's some Attack on Titan cliffhanger level shit
Feb 18, 2016 11:29 AM

Dec 2015
Tamamitsune said:
Manga readers, at the pace they are going, will they finish it all at episode 12 or do you think a season 2 is likely?

At the pace, 12 episodes wouldn't be enough that's for sure. But they are already almost half way through the series they might as well do the whole thing at this point.
Feb 18, 2016 11:30 AM

May 2015
As expected, another cliffhanger, ugh... I'm still thinking that the teacher is the bad guy, but damn, this show shows damn well that it could be anyone else. Here we go again, waiting another week~

Feb 18, 2016 11:30 AM
Nov 2014
Well, everyone, I believe I have a theory. No, I have not read the manga, but there was some obvious symbolism in this last episode that sort of gives it away.

Dear manga readers, your verification of this theory is not welcome. Leave it to the speculation of those who have kept up with this great show so far, and have the courtesy not to spoil it for anyone.

If anybody who hasn't read the manga wishes to discuss this theory with me, feel free to send me a message. Please avoid from posting it as a comment on my profile for the sake of those who haven't yet seen even the first seven episodes of the show.
Feb 18, 2016 11:32 AM
Dec 2014
Feel like it would be better if they were 15 or so, not 10 years old. Pretty mature and smart 10 year olds lol
Feb 18, 2016 11:34 AM

Jan 2015
These cliffhangers are killing me. ;_;
Feb 18, 2016 11:35 AM

Dec 2011
Ultranumbed said:
One thing I didn't like is how he didn't explain why it's his final chance
Because he'll be in jail.
Feb 18, 2016 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
I'm pretty sure this show is trying to kill with sheer stress from all these damn cliffhangers. It was a brilliant episode once again, but that cliffhanger makes it painful to have to wait a week to find out what happens next. I really don't want to believe that it's the actual killer who found Kayo. Please... just please don't let that be the case.

Dec 2015
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
KonoYume said:

It's 1988 no school other than private schools had dress codes in 1988 lol. My school didn't get a dress code till I was a senior in High school which was 2009. That was 21 years later from the revival setting. Also would like to these said plot holes because I thought the story was pretty soild but could concede that with good discussion.

Is it a plothole since with what you said that's the case here? I don't know much about dress codes myself since there weren't any in whatever school grade I was in personally. :>

Jul 2012
Oh my fucking god! If she dies AGAIN!

The killer has to be the teacher. He is suspicious as hell!

Damn these cliffhangers!!!

~Great episode!!!
neonBdragonFeb 18, 2016 11:42 AM
Feb 18, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2014
eworm said:
Or how Satoru was initially going to use a stun gun on Hinazuki's mother, not just push her down some stairs.

You forgot to mention that he created the stun gun out of ordinary items found in a convenience store. That was nice crafting skill right there.
Feb 18, 2016 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
ttcchen said:
eworm said:
Or how Satoru was initially going to use a stun gun on Hinazuki's mother, not just push her down some stairs.

You forgot to mention that he created the stun gun out of ordinary items found in a convenience store. That was nice crafting skill right there.

That would make people say: Is he dumb or what? xD
Feb 18, 2016 11:42 AM

Sep 2015
xXKeikoChanXx said:
KirmiShinigami said:

IT HAS TO BE
RIGHT? RIGHT?

Alright, let's see if it's possible for it to be Satoru's mum :

Opinions ? (keeping in mind that mystery person is a little closer to the steps than Satoru)

Satoru's Mom isn't that wide :.( wishful thinking is Satoru has a trap set for the killer??? Lol
Feb 18, 2016 11:43 AM

Mar 2014
THESE FUCKING CLIFFHANGERS.
Seriously though, Satoru took way too many drastic actions. So what if he could delay it ? It's bound to happen!
Not to mention the other girls are being targeted by the murderer (who is 99% definitely sensei)
Feb 18, 2016 11:47 AM

Sep 2015
Sekaiou said:
THESE FUCKING CLIFFHANGERS.
Seriously though, Satoru took way too many drastic actions. So what if he could delay it ? It's bound to happen!
Not to mention the other girls are being targeted by the murderer (who is 99% definitely sensei)

Yea that's what I thought, I also think Kenya is inadvertently helping him by opening up to him. Just a guess cause I haven't read any source material, or anything pertaining to it.
Feb 18, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2013
GODDAMIT !

I swear to god I hit play on the episode, I blink my eyes, the episode is over

EVERY SINGLE WEEK

Anyway, save Hinazuki, its all that matters, explode the world if you have to, just save the loli
Feb 18, 2016 11:50 AM
Dec 2014
tbh i still think that the teacher is the murderer, or, he at least plays a hand in hinazuki's murder. i really loved this episode but.. satoru... you're just putting hinazuki in an abandoned bus...where she is completely alone....which is the ideal situation for a killer to come and kill her quietly without anyone knowing...so... :/

i might be the only one who thinks this but i really think he should work with his mom to help save her (maybe he should keep the time-travelling bit to himself though lol). anyways she's an adult so she could probably do more than satoru can in his kid form.
Feb 18, 2016 11:50 AM
Aug 2013
cliff hanger is real.
Feb 18, 2016 11:51 AM

Mar 2015
Kenya continues to be more and more suspicious. Not only his behaviour are far outside and above the normal kids around him, he also electively intervenes with all actions Satoru takes to protect Kayo. He also figured out all about Satoru's changes in personality, he verifies the theory hinting the book that never existed, he also conveniently appears when Satoru plans to push Kayo's mother down the stairs and I bet he followed him around a bit. He knew everything about Kayo's current hideout. Only person who was led into the hideout except Satoru himself is Hiromi - an another victim.
Feb 18, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
I'm so happy to see the kids again, but damn that ending.

I went from a full smile on my face seeing the interactions with Hinazuki to a sour one in a split second.

Curse you cliffhanger and killer T-T.
Feb 18, 2016 11:53 AM

Jun 2015
why? just why? I suspect the killer has a revival ability too and he negates every action of Satoru. maybe that's why the show is called Erased
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 18, 2016 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
Those last 10 sec... *NONONOOO* D: Please let it be satoru's mom.. and not the series killer Ծ‸ Ծ
Feb 18, 2016 11:57 AM

Dec 2015
the episode was so heart-warming and cute, especially the scene with the cup noodles. and then BAM the cliffhanger.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2016 12:10 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, they really made it obvious this time on who the killer is.
Very nice episode. or what I'd like to call "the calm before the storm". ...

Ruthless cliffhangers. :c
Feb 18, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2013
Its only me that thinks the killer is the Teacher?

PS: I dont read the manga.
Feb 18, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
Niveen_Sleem said:
why? just why? I suspect the killer has a revival ability too and he negates every action of Satoru. maybe that's why the show is called Erased
That's what I'm thinking now too.

If it was the killer at the end, then there's no chance he would knew where Kayo was. Unless someone told him or he had the revival ability (or another ability that would allow him to negate/erase Satoru's actions).

I don't think Kenya told him. I agree he has some secret, but I don't think he's helping the killer (but I might be wrong).
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.