Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2017 8:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Silyon said:
I made a review so I guess I'll post it here. Feedback is appreciated since this is my first time in a long while writing a review.
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=237487
Well first of all I personally haven't actually seen Soushin Shoujo Matoi so I can't comment on the facts regarding the show itself. But I guess I can this: I think overall it's a pretty good review but my main gripe with it is that it feels more aimed towards people that have already seen the show than those who haven't. You say "And with that one sentence I have pretty much summed up the story of Matoi", which should probably be more than enough for those who have already seen it, but in my case I actually had to go read the synopsis on its MAL page first or I wouldn't have really known what it was about in a broad sense. You pretty much go right into describing what the show is about on a metalevel and move on to what you thought about it, but you don't really describe the setting and premise very much first... which is generally recommended

If not for that though then I think it's pretty good. You've got the details down, you probably just need some of the basics too, so to speak. Guess that's my two cents on it

That aside, seeing as Soushin Shoujo Matoi is in fact a Fall 2016 anime, do you want me to add it to the review event thread too? Since I said it was okay if people wanted to contribute later on too
Jan 5, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
@HaXXspetten
Yeah, I get what you're saying. My line of thinking here was that the story was super unimportant anyway so I shouldn't dawdle on it too much. I suppose I didn't dawdle on it enough.

And yeah sure add it to the thread.
Jan 5, 2017 8:54 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Silyon said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying. My line of thinking here was that the story was super unimportant anyway so I shouldn't dawdle on it too much. I suppose I didn't dawdle on it enough.
Even if it is unimportant you should still explain why it's unimportant, otherwise to an unknowing reader it'll look just as much as if you just forgot about it, if you see my point
Jan 5, 2017 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
@HaXXspetten
I see, I see. Will keep that in mind if I ever stumble across an anime with an unimportant plot again.
Jan 6, 2017 6:32 AM

Jul 2015
I did another one. This time on that one show about men in frilly getups sliding on solid water.
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=237578

I think I did a better job with the basics this time. I hope.
Jan 6, 2017 6:39 AM

Oct 2015
aint gonna read but overall good job, seems solid, and well reasoned
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jan 6, 2017 7:21 AM

Jul 2015
Scarlett_ryuken said:
aint gonna read but overall good job, seems solid, and well reasoned

I don't know how you could think that without reading, but thanks I suppose?
Jan 6, 2017 7:23 AM

Oct 2015
i skimmed through, saw buzzwords and liked
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jan 7, 2017 2:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Mei-chan with the top level critic analysis as usual smh

But yeah that's better
Jan 10, 2017 7:29 AM

Mar 2015
Hello! new guy around the block here, though it may be too late but I'd thought I'd dump some fall season reviews here as well.

Hibike Euphonium 2
Keijo

Speaking of which, would there be a seasonal review for Winter 2017? Would love to sign up.
Jan 10, 2017 7:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
novaxy said:
Hello! new guy around the block here, though it may be too late but I'd thought I'd dump some fall season reviews here as well.

Hibike Euphonium 2
Keijo

Speaking of which, would there be a seasonal review for Winter 2017? Would love to sign up.
Had to restructure the thread a bit due to exceeding the maximum character limit per post but yeah I added yours too, thanks. That's one hell of a long one for Hibike btw :o

Regarding Winter, well yes I'll probably host another but that's still almost 3 months away so I won't be opening sign-ups for that anytime soon. But I'll be sending reminders to people that seem to have shown interest before later on
Jan 24, 2017 2:43 PM

Dec 2013

So like last month I wrote a review for another club and I'll also be sharing it here.
I watched Angel Beats and the link to the review is here - https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=239034
I felt it was an easy review to make. I had a good consensus of my feelings on the show.
Feb 5, 2017 11:28 AM

Jul 2015
I've written a review for the OG incest anime. It might be a bit lacking in some places since I the anime just doesn't lend itself well to thorough reviews because literally anything is a spoiler, but I tried to make my feelings really clear despite my inability to say any much about the story.
Here be the link: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=239966
Feb 7, 2017 2:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
@Silyon
Well first of all I personally feel like the first two paragraphs are kind of... irrelevant? Or rather it feels like you go kind of off-topic in an attempt at an introduction, but really all you want to say is: "this anime aired before incest became a popular trend amongst otaku, and is therefore a much more serious take on the topic compared to the fetishized modern version of it". So you could pretty much summarize those full two paragraphs with one sentence

Otherwise I think it looks alright, albeit a bit vague about the plot itself, though as you said that's probably hard to avoid if you don't want to spoil people so there's not a whole lot that can be done about that
Feb 7, 2017 3:49 AM

Jul 2015
@HaXXspetten
There's no real flair to it if I say everything in one sentence now is there? Though yes, I may have dragged on a bit too much.
Feb 7, 2017 3:51 AM

Oct 2015
adding them fillers like naruto fillerpudden and nisekoi
Feb 7, 2017 5:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Silyon said:
There's no real flair to it if I say everything in one sentence now is there? Though yes, I may have dragged on a bit too much.
Of course, you should still have an introduction of some kind, but you can make it in a more meaningful way (here you're mostly talking about something else after all)
Feb 7, 2017 5:19 AM

Oct 2015
onii-chan just not happy you didnt include him somehow in the review about incest :D
Feb 7, 2017 5:22 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Scarlett_ryuken said:
onii-chan just not happy you didnt include him somehow in the review about incest :D
Yes absolutely this is by far the biggest problem here smh

Baka
Feb 7, 2017 5:23 AM

Oct 2015
imagine!!!!!!
Feb 7, 2017 9:17 AM

Jul 2015
The problem with references like that is that they get lost on most people.
Feb 22, 2017 5:53 PM

Dec 2013
Well here is my 10th review I've written.
This time on Spice and Wolf - https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=241167
Feb 23, 2017 2:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hibbington said:
Well here is my 10th review I've written.
This time on Spice and Wolf - https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=241167
Is there any particular reason for having a line break after every single sentence? I mean I don't mind but it looks more like a poem than a review structurally but not content-wise lol

But yeah other than that and some grammar stuff I could nitpick, looks pretty good to me
Feb 23, 2017 3:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Anime Guild - Winter 2017 Review Event

Well I've been running this thingy for two seasons now and it still seems to be a fairly popular event so why stop here?

If you have not participated in the Review Event before, it is basically an attempt at a combined club effort at reviewing as much as possible of the season's new anime together. All you need to do if you are interested in participating is to write a review (or several, there is no limit) for any of the seasonal shows and PM them to me before the submission deadline, which will be the same as the one for the 4th and final PRC list. I will then publish a compilation of all the submissions at the end of the season. There are also no specifications regarding how you are supposed to write your review(s), it is all up to you.

You do not need to announce ahead of time what shows you are planning to review. All you need to announce is that you want to participate, so that I know to add you to the list of people which I will send out reminders to later.

As far as what series are eligible for the event, any anime that ends sometime during the Winter 2017 season is allowed. This also includes OVAs, specials, Fall leftovers etcetera, even hentai if you want. But on the flipside, any series that do not end during this season are not permitted (so for example Little Witch Academia will not be accepted since it ends during the Spring 2017 season, it'll be eligible in next season's event instead).

(Aaaand just taking the liberty of tagging some prior participants to begin with because I can):

@Silyon
@Sometimes791
@Mystifire
@LoneWizzy
@snapeftw
@Scarlett_ryuken
@Forgotten_Memo
@lovelyangel666
@animegirlism
@Melody
@oso2301
@FanteHS
@Chiaki__Nanami
@Tanstafl
@BlueSkylark
@Chiburo
@vladkob
@Fall
@Burger-Meister
@benkarN
@gnerkus
@moissi
@MrBouBou
@RainShift
@Dillan-
@CADAEMOS
@novaxy
Feb 23, 2017 3:17 AM

May 2015
Sadly, I won't be writing any reviews this season; I haven't had Internet at my apartment since the second week. I hope to return next season.
Feb 23, 2017 3:20 AM

Oct 2015
idk half of those people mentioned lol

but you already know about my fuuking :3
Feb 23, 2017 6:30 AM

Sep 2016
Yes! Sign me up!
Feb 23, 2017 8:22 AM

Dec 2015
I will probably write at least one review for this season, so I'm in.
Feb 23, 2017 10:54 AM

Dec 2013
@HaXXspetten

I just feel it looks neater and more encouraging for the viewer to read.
Feb 23, 2017 12:22 PM

Jul 2015
I'll try to throw something together this season, sure.
Feb 23, 2017 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
I'm on a kinda sorta hiatus; school takes up a lot of my time currently. I might get the opportunity to write something if I end up finishing an anime this season. There seems to be a lot of good anime here, at least on the surface.

So, maybe; maybe not.
Feb 23, 2017 2:41 PM

Sep 2012
Sign me up, thanks
Feb 27, 2017 3:29 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Can also share this for those of you who missed it since it might affect you:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1595505

Pretty good change I think. Makes it easier for people to immediately filter out previews as soon as an anime ends without having to rely on the review moderators to be quick on deleting them (which they not always are)
Feb 27, 2017 5:36 AM

Aug 2016
I guess I'll try to participate this season by writing one or two reviews if I can? If you pressure me I'll probably do it. (So sign me up please!)

I'm terrible at writing deep analytical reviews, but lemme just dump the short trash I've written in the past here:

Re:Zero
Bananya
Shugo Chara!
Toradora!
Diabolik Lovers
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Danganronpa: The Animation
get more upvotes amirite
Enjoy, I suppose.
Feb 27, 2017 6:22 AM
Nov 2015
Sign me up, I enjoy and I've written a few reviews.
Feb 28, 2017 9:02 AM
Jan 2017
I would like to participate as well!
I wrote my first review 5 or 6 days ago and another one today so I'm new in this field. I really enjoyed writing both so I want to continue and improve. If someone has time to read here's both:

Yuri!!! on Ice
Shinsekai Yori

Any advice for improvement is really appreciated. :) Enjoy and Have a nice day!
Feb 28, 2017 1:58 PM

Dec 2014
I've never written a review on here before, but I'm interested in this. Will probably write one for a few of the shows I'm watching this season, though I'm unsure how the quality will be.

Mar 4, 2017 6:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well I guess I can put in one of my own for once since like no one on MAL reads manga reviews anymore anyway, but I kind of poured my heart into this. Think it's probably the longest review I've ever written:

https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=241840
Mar 4, 2017 6:53 AM

Oct 2015
ima just leave a helpful even tho i cba to read the whole thing
Mar 19, 2017 9:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Alright, so we've gotten closer to the end of the season, and as such I am now going to start sending out reminders regarding the Winter review event. The submission deadline will quite simply be by the end of the month, so let's say 23:59 pacific time on March 31st

To quickly recap, you don't need to announce what you're reviewing ahead of time (just send them in as you please by PM'ing them to me), and the eligible shows are all those that finished in the Winter season. So for example 3-gatsu no Lion is eligible but Little Witch Academia is not (yet), etcetera. See the OP or this post for more details

Just going to tag the ones who asked to be signed-up already as a reminder, though hopefully I can find a couple more in the coming week or two
@Stranger_Hanyo
@Melody
@Silyon
@Fall
@Dillan-
@hope-kibou
@tigermaskshinobi
@Nobodshy
@TwilightAmory

PS: Before anyone points it out, yes I have realized that Onihei doesn't end until April 4th (or 3rd EU/US time) which will be after the submission deadline, but I don't really want to delay the review thread that long because by that point we'll already be several days into the Spring season. Sooo if someone does want to review Onihei, just send it in to me separately as soon as it's finished and I'll edit it into the thread afterwards
HaXXspettenMar 19, 2017 9:24 AM
Mar 19, 2017 9:26 AM

Sep 2016
Yes, I'm up for the game!
Mar 19, 2017 9:31 AM

Aug 2016
I think I should be able to write a review or two! Though, it'll be the usual short garbage I write. Hopefully, I don't forget.
Mar 19, 2017 10:05 AM

Feb 2014
Ayy Imma join too
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2017 5:45 PM

Dec 2010
I'd be down to write some reviews.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Mar 19, 2017 6:36 PM

Oct 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Alright, so we've gotten closer to the end of the season, and as such I am now going to start sending out reminders regarding the Winter review event. The submission deadline will quite simply be by the end of the month, so let's say 23:59 pacific time on March 31st

To quickly recap, you don't need to announce what you're reviewing ahead of time (just send them in as you please by PM'ing them to me), and the eligible shows are all those that finished in the Winter season. So for example 3-gatsu no Lion is eligible but Little Witch Academia is not (yet), etcetera. See the OP or this post for more details

Just going to tag the ones who asked to be signed-up already as a reminder, though hopefully I can find a couple more in the coming week or two
@Stranger_Hanyo
@Melody
@Silyon
@Fall
@Dillan-
@hope-kibou
@tigermaskshinobi
@Nobodshy
@TwilightAmory

PS: Before anyone points it out, yes I have realized that Onihei doesn't end until April 4th (or 3rd EU/US time) which will be after the submission deadline, but I don't really want to delay the review thread that long because by that point we'll already be several days into the Spring season. Sooo if someone does want to review Onihei, just send it in to me separately as soon as it's finished and I'll edit it into the thread afterwards

i feel hurt you didnt include me in that
Mar 20, 2017 2:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Scarlett_ryuken said:
HaXXspetten said:

@Stranger_Hanyo
@Melody
@Silyon
@Fall
@Dillan-
@hope-kibou
@tigermaskshinobi
@Nobodshy
@TwilightAmory

i feel hurt you didnt include me in that
It's not my fault you have as little presence as Akarin

Just forgot to write your name down, sowwy ;_;
Mar 20, 2017 11:06 AM

Mar 2015
I'm done with one, here goes nothing, Sangatsu no Lion : https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=243036
Mar 20, 2017 10:31 PM

Dec 2015
I'd like to join this as well, as I'll probably write a review or two. Or three. Or a whole lot.
Mar 24, 2017 3:42 PM

Jul 2015
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=243413

My Masamune rant in its full beauty.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Mar 24, 2017 7:07 PM

Jan 2017
EnZanityAsylum's Review - Masamune-kun's Revenge

EnZanityAsylum's Review - KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! 2

My first 2 ever anime reviews, will be writing more as I finish more animes this season. Thanks for the feedback!

And can we still use this thread to get feedback when the event is over?
EnZanityMar 24, 2017 7:12 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】 Opening of the Season - Day 1 (Spring 2024)

HaXXspetten - Yesterday

15 by joshua10red »»
2 hours ago

» Ishura & Tokyo Revenger

Straw_Hat_369 - 6 hours ago

0 by Straw_Hat_369 »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » Spring 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Mar 13

44 by Tsuxken »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1280 by Hibbington »»
Apr 17, 10:19 AM

Sticky: » ❤~Staff Thread~❤ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Sep 19, 2014

1164 by RisaK »»
Apr 15, 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.