Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 31, 2016 4:08 AM

Oct 2013
Fai said:
A7MAD111 said:

I thought this show is a retelling of the first?

Except that we already met S1 cast and the MAL page outright states this is a sequel.

You are right,It is. I completely missed it.
RO7Jan 31, 2016 4:12 AM
Jan 31, 2016 4:46 AM

Sep 2009
I still don't get why some people thought that this season and second game are remakes instead of sequels. It was utterly stupid thought from the point of anyone, who played the first game or at least watched S1 of the anime.
Jan 31, 2016 5:02 AM
Oct 2015
Tokoya said:
Hana_Kitsune said:
Yep , As i thought, they skipped "That Scene Sequence" lol
Mind explaining what this sequence is?

The Scene that i told they skipped it is a Sequence before Haku's Brother comes to reveal everything about his lost memory and the past.

Quess i think need to tag spoiler eventhough it's already passed. it's just i'll explain them scene by scene lol

This is a reference from Visual Novel by the way

A few days after Uzurujcha's war.

The Ruin survey

An Unexpected Encounter of the truth

Slime Chaos

From the situation Haku encountered with, makes him wonder who he is and why he's still alive. It's still good that Kuon comes to him and calm him down with a song "Sadame".

And That'd make more impact to Himself when he meets with the Emperor Upon this latest episode of an anime (Episode 17)
Jan 31, 2016 5:11 AM

Jul 2007
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I still don't get why some people thought that this season and second game are remakes instead of sequels. It was utterly stupid thought from the point of anyone, who played the first game or at least watched S1 of the anime.

Because Itsuwari had a subtitle instead of a number and MAL had it listed as "alternative setting" till few weeks since first episode.
Jan 31, 2016 7:32 AM

May 2014
straggy said:
Except I watched the first season literally just a few months ago and it didn't explain shit. It was unintelligible bs.

Maybe you should have actually paid attention when watching the first season. Pretty sure that would have cleared things up for you.
Jan 31, 2016 7:58 AM

Dec 2010
That episode was awesome. Really loved how it connected the dots including the previous season.
Although I couldn't remember it as much, I'm glad they used the same song Eruruw used to sing to Hakuoro.

So, I was digging around a bit and i found the trailer to the game (I think) (spoilers included).
The gameplay is similar so I'd enjoy it quite well. I especially like the last part of the video where (hopefully) the anime is leading to that arc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMfWce8zSQ

If only there was an english translation I'd buy a vita just so I can play this game and a couple other games like the Neptunia series.
Jan 31, 2016 8:07 AM

Aug 2008
Good info dump. Yes, Oboro and Benawi. Nice to see them again.

So Haku is totally not Hakuoro and not related to him then.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 31, 2016 8:26 AM
Oct 2015
booyah10 said:
That episode was awesome. Really loved how it connected the dots including the previous season.
Although I couldn't remember it as much, I'm glad they used the same song Eruruw used to sing to Hakuoro.

So, I was digging around a bit and i found the trailer to the game (I think) (spoilers included).
The gameplay is similar so I'd enjoy it quite well. I especially like the last part of the video where (hopefully) the anime is leading to that arc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMfWce8zSQ

If only there was an english translation I'd buy a vita just so I can play this game and a couple other games like the Neptunia series.

There is hope. They officialy translated (text only) Tears to Tiara 2, despite the first not having been distributed to the west, so maybe the same will happen here. However, from what I hear, the sales were pretty bad, so that may play against it.

But if they are going to give the second game an official translation, they should just go and do the first one at the same time, and release the two together.
Jan 31, 2016 8:52 AM
Jan 2016
5 out of 5 for giving me a shock. This anime cannot be predicted.

No reason at all why human turn to curses. No attempt to give any reason.
Why he can live for so long?
Why his creation can use magic when his world is science and technology.
Where are the ruin of the human civilization?
Jan 31, 2016 9:18 AM

Sep 2009
Fai said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Because Itsuwari had a subtitle instead of a number and MAL had it listed as "alternative setting" till few weeks since first episode.

It's a normal thing for the sequel to just have a subtitle instead of number mark. It was announced from the start that Itsuwari will be a sequel with new MCs. The one who edited MAL entry just saw ep. 1 with similar start to S1 and didn't check any actual info.
Jan 31, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2015
ma2ha3 said:
5 out of 5 for giving me a shock. This anime cannot be predicted.

Where are the ruin of the human civilization?

1) The explanation is in season 1.
2) He can live so long because of the genetic experiments he was doing.
3) Magic stems from two sources: psychic powers (genetic experimentation would obviously lead to that) and the thing that caused the "disaster" mentioned this episode. Psychic based "magic" like what Maroro uses is one thing. Real valid magic is only available to the onkamiyamukai, the winged species blessed by the god.
4) Most of the ruins are destroyed or hidden underground (under the Emperor's palace, for example).
Jan 31, 2016 11:44 AM

Sep 2013
Finally some answer from big question in S1. Before I think Haku = Hakurou but nah, so stupid
Jan 31, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
Finally the truth gets revealed... That was a very interesting story! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 31, 2016 4:04 PM

Apr 2015
Tokoya said:
I'm speechless....Just like that, everyone comes together nicely and we finally have our answers from S1

It has been awhile since I've seen S1, but I was able to put the two timelines together. What specifically did this episode answer regarding S1? I'm probably missing super obvious things because it just seemed to add onto it more than anything to me.
Jan 31, 2016 6:24 PM

Dec 2010
GileonFletcher said:
Tokoya said:
I'm speechless....Just like that, everyone comes together nicely and we finally have our answers from S1

It has been awhile since I've seen S1, but I was able to put the two timelines together. What specifically did this episode answer regarding S1? I'm probably missing super obvious things because it just seemed to add onto it more than anything to me.

Well at the very least you were able to see the perspectives of the researchers
Jan 31, 2016 8:55 PM

Dec 2007
799128 said:
For anyone that for some reason doesn't remember why the humans were turned into curses:

Spoilers for the first season!
Jan 31, 2016 10:32 PM

Oct 2014
I actually don't like the whole background story at all :\
Jan 31, 2016 11:04 PM

Jul 2007
ErwinJA said:
799128 said:
For anyone that for some reason doesn't remember why the humans were turned into curses:

Spoilers for the first season!

Not really. By the start of iceman project they were already one and the same. It is what he did in anger hence why it haunted him in his dreams
Feb 1, 2016 7:14 AM

Dec 2010
When hakuoro was human, I mean before he merged with the Masked God, he was a researcher but he got shot by another researcher who was trying to keep Witsuarunemitea a secret. But his blood splattered on Wits. So Hakuro merged with the God thus becoming Iceman.
Feb 1, 2016 11:40 AM

Mar 2011
Wow that was an unexpected plot dump xD. Long awaited since series 1.

So Haru was the successful experiment? Thus how he lived. Still a bit vague how the emperor lived, he claimed he wasn't sure how he could walk on the surface, but if he was a normal human, even if he adapted, how did he live for 200 years?
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Feb 1, 2016 1:16 PM

Jul 2007
TehWhiteTiger said:

So Haru was the successful experiment? Thus how he lived. Still a bit vague how the emperor lived, he claimed he wasn't sure how he could walk on the surface, but if he was a normal human, even if he adapted, how did he live for 200 years?

He did same experiments he did on Haku, on himself? Its said in the episode.
Feb 1, 2016 6:36 PM

May 2013
Well,idk what's gonna happen next? Try to make new human female or Haku is gonna end up with Kuon and make kittens
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Feb 1, 2016 9:07 PM

Sep 2010
nerfx said:
Now I feel like I'm missing a lot by not watching 1st season, maybe I should marathon it >.>
Yes, you are missing a lot. Missing basically everything this episode. Marathon the first season, or better still, read the whole first game. Just not sure how easy it'll be to find either of those.

Hana_Kitsune said:
Tokoya said:
Mind explaining what this sequence is?

The Scene that i told they skipped it is a Sequence before Haku's Brother comes to reveal everything about his lost memory and the past.

Quess i think need to tag spoiler eventhough it's already passed. it's just i'll explain them scene by scene lol

This is a reference from Visual Novel by the way

A few days after Uzurujcha's war.

The Ruin survey

An Unexpected Encounter of the truth

Slime Chaos

From the situation Haku encountered with, makes him wonder who he is and why he's still alive. It's still good that Kuon comes to him and calm him down with a song "Sadame".

And That'd make more impact to Himself when he meets with the Emperor Upon this latest episode of an anime (Episode 17)
Interesting, but this leaves me even more confused as to how Haku and the emperor or Yamato have not turned into red slimes.

Oboro with a mustache reminds me of Vegeta.
TakataFeb 1, 2016 9:15 PM
Feb 2, 2016 3:26 AM

Sep 2014
First, a recap of season 1.

The Iceman was non other than the original scientist that discovered the mask/fossil. He was eventually betrayed and shot in front of it, spilling his blood on it. Centuries later, the "iceman" was found by the survivors and given that name. It's at this point he doesn't remember anything from the past and the mask won't come off. After some time, he falls in love with a decoy that was tasked to take care of him.

A scientist that was responsible for taking care of him decides to set him and the decoy free. Iceman (no goose or maverick) settle down and she eventually becomes pregnant. Sadly, the other scientists catch up and recapture them. When Iceman wakes up, he's bound to a wall and was told his wife and child were dicested and preserved because they she was the first documented decoy to become pregnant and give birth. They excitedly express that the iceman project was a success and that fake the fake masks that would allow humans to become immortal were complete.

Iceman was so outraged at humanities disregard for like that he awakened the powers within and become the true form of the fossil mask......that turned out to be a god. He declares that if immortality is what humanity desired then that is what they would receive. It was at that moment that the Iceman/God turned all the humans into "the cursed" as they could never die nor be killed in that form.

Eventually the iceman/god returns to a slumber for several hundred years. He wakes up, again, with no memories of his past. He is eventually found and given the name Haku. After a LONG journey he is reunited with his other half that was separated from him and goes back to slumber yet again. It was during his journey that he founded tuskuru and formed a "family" of his own.

Now on to season 2 and this episode.

We are finally given an in depth look at what went on hundreds of years ago. It's finally revealed that Haku is actually the emperors younger brother and that they had been working on some type of experiment. If you noticed, iceman was on the screen in the background. That means that they and other shelters had been working on the iceman project as a whole. At some point the younger brother agrees to be part of the experiment and somehow manages to go into slumber.

Well, shit went down, the iceman went all ham and ppl turned to jelly. It's at this point the older brother decides to find a cure. After making decoys, especially of those that he lost (wife, daughter, brother), he sets off to teach the new decoys and find the cure. He eventually finds some shelters but has no luck.

His brother finally comes out of slumber and reunites with the older brother. The older brother is now happy that his younger brother can take over the research to find a cure and turn everyone back.

At the very end of the episode, we are shown the original S1 cast in a meeting. They refuse to show the location of the shelter and made a very important statement.......He has returned home and is resting.

This gave me more questions than answers.

1. What was the experiment that the brothers where dong and Haku v2.0 decided to be the guinea pig for?
  2. How long was Haku 2.0 out for?
  3. How did the emperor know about the masks true power?
  4. Why did he give them to the decoys and not himself
  5. How did the experiment that Haku 2.0 did change his body/DNA?
  6. How how much time has passed since S1 because the ending assumes that Haku 1.0 is back and in slumber?
  7. Why did the iceman go to slumber after being shot?
  8. Why did he go back to slumber after curing everyone?

Let us not forget what the title of this season is....
Utawarerumono: The False Faces

If this is a 24 ep show then they have a lot to answer in just 7 episodes.......my head hurts.

Fredo_pFeb 2, 2016 3:34 AM
Feb 2, 2016 4:56 AM

Aug 2014
Fredo_p said:

If this is a 24 ep show then they have a lot to answer in just 7 episodes.......my head hurts.

As far as I know this 24 eps is just half of the story. So I doubt that everything will be answered.
Feb 2, 2016 7:29 AM

Mar 2011
Fai said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

He did same experiments he did on Haku, on himself? Its said in the episode.

Oh my mistake then >.<.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Feb 2, 2016 1:11 PM
Jan 2016
[quote=Xarvon message=44510219

Where are the ruin of the human civilization?[/quote]
1) The explanation is in season 1.
2) He can live so long because of the genetic experiments he was doing.
3) Magic stems from two sources: psychic powers (genetic experimentation would obviously lead to that) and the thing that caused the "disaster" mentioned this episode. Psychic based "magic" like what Maroro uses is one thing. Real valid magic is only available to the onkamiyamukai, the winged species blessed by the god.
4) Most of the ruins are destroyed or hidden underground (under the Emperor's palace, for example).[/quote]

thanks, that help. my head explode. oic. i did not watch the first season. my bad.
Feb 2, 2016 9:50 PM

Oct 2014
Paulo27 said:
Deep storytelling.

Now if only they were better and more timely at weaving it into the longer overall narrative, rather than just making it mostly irrelevent until a single watershed moment comes when it all gets thrown into your face at once. That is my main beef with this series so far. People may say the same or similar basic idea worked with Steins;Gate, but in my opinion you can't really combine a façade plot hiding a deeper backstory (no matter how ingenious or fascinating) with SoL elements, and make it ultimately work well, unless you really drag it out, as in a lengthly series spanning 4+ seasons and at least three times as many arcs. That way the feel for the universe you're thrust into is more complete, less sloppy and lazy, and has the greatest possible impact, assuming it's executed right. I will not name any, but numerous actually popular series have successfully pulled this off to some extent, in my eyes at least, even if they're nothing special in other aspects.

Then again, to be fair, S1 of Utawarerumono kind of did the same thing as S2 with the Emperor's explanation of events just kind of spilling out without an adequate amount of foreshadowing, so now it just feels like both seasons have one more thing in common.

Truth be told I was profoundly impressed by S1's backstory and its execution way back when I first watched it, but that was some five-odd years ago. I have a feeling that if I rewatched the first season I would get only a similar feeling I am getting with this one--a sound concept and brilliant backstory unevenly and almost irrelevently executed. This is in spite of the fact that I originally came into InK with a different impression, but now I'm just plain starting to notice patterns in the storytelling and points of convergence in style with the first season.

At this point I can't say that S1 is subjectively "better" than the ongoing S2, because apart from some minor differences in setting and the playing out of events (and the wide difference in personality and demeanor of Hakuoro compared to InK Haku) they're beginning to simply look more and more alike to me.
chenchouliFeb 2, 2016 10:22 PM
Feb 3, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2010
Fredo_p said:

Eventually the iceman/god returns to a slumber for several hundred years. He wakes up, again, with no memories of his past. He is eventually found and given the name Haku. After a LONG journey he is reunited with his other half that was separated from him and goes back to slumber yet again. It was during his journey that he founded tuskuru and formed a "family" of his own.

Just to clarify you are referring to Hakuoro not Haku.
Feb 3, 2016 7:11 AM

Nov 2011
Episode framing, exceptional, that much twist! Arrives too late is a consideration too early, let's see how the situation evolves. However, it is an episode that brings in high expectations that harbored toward it. I'm very curious to find out what will happen in future episodes.
Feb 3, 2016 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
Holy shit, I wasn't expecting anything deep like this at all
lol
Feb 3, 2016 6:43 PM

Sep 2014
booyah10 said:
Fredo_p said:

Yeah. Hakuoro. But his nickname is also Haku.

Oh god dammit. I just realized that she gave him the name Haku when she found him. That means when she was younger she heard of and possibly met Hakuoro.
Feb 4, 2016 6:26 AM

Dec 2009
Damn now everything makes so much more sense. I knew this was going good; so much better than it's predecessor.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 4, 2016 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
i love how the ppl who havent watched the first season complain

as if they know why they are complaining also this isnt "anime viewers only"

this is FIRST SEASON VIEWERS

if u refuse to watch the first season u really in all honesty cannot say shit about the SECOND season

now ppl that bring up the visual novel is another story
Feb 4, 2016 7:58 AM

Feb 2009
It was a really informative and interesting episode. I liked it.
They told a lot of information about Haku's past.
I enjoy the conversation between Haku and (his brother: wow!) the emperor.

I wait for the next episode. :)
Feb 4, 2016 10:04 AM

Jul 2007
Fredo_p said:
booyah10 said:

Yeah. Hakuoro. But his nickname is also Haku.

Oh god dammit. I just realized that she gave him the name Haku when she found him. That means when she was younger she heard of and possibly met Hakuoro.

Met? doubtful. Kuon was born after Hakuoro's story ended. She did know of him and she did have his fan that she gave to Haku though.
Feb 4, 2016 7:58 PM

Sep 2014
I wonder if they told her about Hakuoro growing up. Funny how they mention that he returned and is sleeping but she knows nothing of him. I think they are hiding something. Maybe she gave him the name Haku cause she overheard them talking about Hakuoro when she was growing up.

I'm pretty sure we will get a flashback.
Feb 4, 2016 9:05 PM
Oct 2015
Takata said:

Interesting, but this leaves me even more confused as to how Haku and the emperor or Yamato have not turned into red slimes.

During the sequence where Haku and his brother (the Emperor) talking about their past, especially about the project they're experimenting from the Iceman project.

It's assumed from VN references that Haku helped His brother on the project on hacking the data from the iceman project ,which make them found a way to make a cure to endure the vital case on the surface's problem.

At that time, Human need to hide on the underground because the atmosphere on surface isn't suited for human, and it make human dies within a min.
Only Ice man who is found wearing the mask, which makes his brain and his body becomes more endurable with the atmosphere, So that encourage Haku&Brother to experiment this kind of project via hacking his mask's data.

Back to the topic, After they made a cure, which dunno it's like a medicine or a capsule drug. The brother decided to test it on Haku first, via making him use a cure and sleep in the capsule to wake up again in the future.
After that, the brother also took a cure and continued observing his own effects and haku's body.

For some reasons, during the chaos when Iceman makes Human to turn into "The Curse", maybe due to the cure that Haku and His brother took, makes an effect that they won't turn into "The Curse".

You need to remember that the cure is from hacking the data from Iceman's Project, maybe the cure make Haku's & His brother's body or DNA turn into something that's not already human-thing, while their appearance is still human.

And maybe that make His brother can long last his life for 100-200 years.
Feb 4, 2016 11:41 PM

Sep 2014
@Hana_Kitsune so you're saying that Haku and his brother are the "human" version of the decoy with non of the altered DNA to make them strong? In other words, the only thing that they posses is long life and the ability to activate the true masks/gods?
Feb 5, 2016 10:54 AM
Oct 2015
Fredo_p said:
@Hana_Kitsune so you're saying that Haku and his brother are the "human" version of the decoy with non of the altered DNA to make them strong? In other words, the only thing that they posses is long life and the ability to activate the true masks/gods?

From my point of view here, as you thought, haku and his brother at this time might be a human being with an ability from "the cure" to live on this world like decoy, except that their physical power still a human-like.

While we know that his brother can long last for almost 200 years maybe due to the cure he took, maybe Haku possess a long life state as well.

not Sure if Haku & His brother will be able to use the power of the mask at this point yet. Only that the cure they used is from the data of iceman's project.
Feb 5, 2016 3:18 PM

Sep 2010
Hana_Kitsune said:
Takata said:

During the sequence where Haku and his brother (the Emperor) talking about their past, especially about the project they're experimenting from the Iceman project.

It's assumed from VN references that Haku helped His brother on the project on hacking the data from the iceman project ,which make them found a way to make a cure to endure the vital case on the surface's problem.

At that time, Human need to hide on the underground because the atmosphere on surface isn't suited for human, and it make human dies within a min.
Only Ice man who is found wearing the mask, which makes his brain and his body becomes more endurable with the atmosphere, So that encourage Haku&Brother to experiment this kind of project via hacking his mask's data.

Back to the topic, After they made a cure, which dunno it's like a medicine or a capsule drug. The brother decided to test it on Haku first, via making him use a cure and sleep in the capsule to wake up again in the future.
After that, the brother also took a cure and continued observing his own effects and haku's body.

For some reasons, during the chaos when Iceman makes Human to turn into "The Curse", maybe due to the cure that Haku and His brother took, makes an effect that they won't turn into "The Curse".

You need to remember that the cure is from hacking the data from Iceman's Project, maybe the cure make Haku's & His brother's body or DNA turn into something that's not already human-thing, while their appearance is still human.

And maybe that make His brother can long last his life for 100-200 years.

So Haku took the "cure" first and was put into hibernation for some reason? ...then his older brother took the "cure", and did not go into hibernation? Odd.
Feb 7, 2016 7:52 AM

Jan 2015
I like the music in this anime, Kuon putting ointment that stings (I as well don't like stingy ointment like Haku)
Wow Honoka-san is quite beautiful, and the king leading Haku to someplace where the so called "truth" lies. wut, Honoka is his sister
Seems like Haku already met the people in the past and were related, good shit!
Humans are the curses, they turned into jelly. Planet got destroyed and only some people were alive.
That king created the decoys, so he's Haku's bro as well
Oh facking hell, Kuon-chan is too kawaii!!
Yep, not a bad episode I liked it and it seems the anime is getting more serious in the next episodes.
Feb 8, 2016 1:39 PM

Feb 2015
FINALLY some answers :D
now this is an interesting episode. but it was "a little predictable" i guess. because in the first episode, haku is the only human and was wearing a experiment shirt, so i thought maybe humans must have something to do with all of this, but i didn't expect that it's really the case.
i feel bad for Haku's brother, the emperor. his wife and daugther turned into someting horrible like that in front of his eyes...DAMN! he even made their clones...
DAT ending though...i don't know who he is but looks interesting. i like the ed song :D

i get a feeling that kuon and haku have met before...i see a glimpse of kuon face at the laboratory room....
YizelTroFeb 8, 2016 1:42 PM
Mar 3, 2016 2:09 AM
Mar 2012
Loved how everything connected to S1 & clarified some parts. Truckload of infodump.
1) Animal folks revere the Great Forefathers = humans = now curse slimes.
2) For a certain sad reason in S1, an important person caused some humans to slimify = The Calamity. Not all humans went slimy, but it catalyzed some global war, all the domed cities (that protected humans from the toxic environment) were destroyed by a deathstar satellite (called Amaterasu I think, maybe also mentioned in S1). A certain angel knows how to control it, it seems.
3) Destruction somehow purified the earth, or old brother tried his research so survived.
4) S1 was about Iceman Project.
5) S2 Haku is an improved human from the True Human Project. Haku's fine, though at some time slept in deep freeze. Clarified Haku is not Hakuoro, but little brother of the emperor.
6) Pacing suggest Hakuoro might come back S3. 9 episodes (17-25) on scifi/aftermath should be plenty, or at least to setup whatever big events in S3. Tuskuru & Yamato diplomacy conflict with the BL author has started.
7) Oboro's mustache. He followed Hakuoro's order to become Tuskuru's ruler.
8) Old brother sees "decoys" as lesser/non humans. His long post apocalypse research, made him old, and experimented on masks (so the lab ruin they found is probably of the Iceman Project). OP masks are just a side effect of his research. His real goal is to reverse slime into humans. It's implied he needs Hakuoro's body to finish the research.
9) Nice Kuon song, like Eruruu's. Need full version. Really cute moment with Haku on family.
gophercgMar 3, 2016 2:12 AM
Mar 15, 2016 2:07 PM

Oct 2012
It was good background and I like the moment Haku had with Kuon in the end but I don't think this episode alone can save the series.

Now it seems Tuskuru will be attacked by Yamato because emperor wants the tomb of the Iceman.
Is Kuon going to changes sides, creating another dilemma foru Haku then?

btw - was that Oboro with moustache in the end? :D
Mar 26, 2016 5:16 PM

Apr 2014
PericlesD said:

Don't hate, this has me pumped for the next ep!
---------My Profile------------
Apr 27, 2016 5:18 PM

Apr 2014
What?!... The ruins that you people are telling me that they skipped... Sounds interesting....... And yeah better story telling then s1 except they never mention why people turn to slime. Cause all those involved were slimes already... But really s1 left me in confusing because of how ... Ridiculous the story later become...
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Feb 3, 2017 2:24 PM

Jul 2015
This is the key episode of the entire Utawarerumono series that explains everything, including that weird lab scene that Hakuaro was in, in the original series.
Nov 14, 2019 4:52 PM

Feb 2009
Antanaru said:
They sure took their sweet time, it was the first good episode since... the first episode. It says a lot about "character development" when it's easier to feel for the Emperor when he had just a few scenes than any of the main characters. Oh yeah, all that fujoshi crap and other nonsense sure developed them well...

Well, looks like Yamato will invade Tusukuru to get to Hakuoros "grave" which would allow the Emperor and bland MC to continue the research. And bland MC will probably stand in his way while saying something like "humans already had their chance". I sure hope the rest of the series will be worth getting through all that crap from previous 15 episodes. And that neither the director nor people responsible for writing and composition will have anything to do with next season. Especially the director...

This, so much this.
I just begann to watch again after i dropped this garbage show after 14 episodes (even when i rated S1 10/10), because it is nothing like the first, this was the FIRST episode where i really felt a connection to Season 1 (and its mysteries) instead of just fan service cameo appearences of Tuskuru people.
I really hope it will not go back to slice of life bullshit for the last 7 episodes...
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM

Dec 2018
finally, something of actual interest and plot relevance. 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2016

85 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 12:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.