Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, I liked the thrill of this episode as Izaya continuously play tricks including with Mikado. In the meantime, Anri and Haruna has a bit of girl talk before fighting. Checkmate~

This arc is really reaching its climax now with the ideals about humans too. 5/5.
Jan 23, 2016 6:56 AM

Nov 2007
Main guy saw it immediately knew it was Celty's head.

So he wants to reset Dollars to the time before the fight against Mamo's character.

Both with "Saika" talk was creepy. So the wavering feeling that herself didn't notice flew into her.

HiroC's character got excited in what main guy said. He didn't know about the head.

The cold lady, who overheard their conversation, is another Saika, but according to herself, she's the main Saika. Now both of them wants megane girl's Saika.

Someone providing info. about the real culprit of the accident... Nakamura-san's character??!!

That womanizer wants to take over Mamo's character's team.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 23, 2016 7:56 AM

Apr 2015
Scene with all of the Saika was pretty nice; Kasane easily overpowers Haruna. And it seems Izaya didn't know the news about Celty's head before. Things are getting more interesting.
Jan 23, 2016 8:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That double then triple Saika scene was something else lol

The conversation between Izaya and Mikado was odd for me because now I have no clue as to wtf is going on with either of them as well as what they both plan to do in the long run considering that they're both only somewhat knowledgeable about their current situations (Especially Izaya whom had me dying when he found out about the head and then immediately started laughing lol)

The Saika stuff was very interesting and it was nice to get clarification on the deal with all three of the girls....Haruna is a psychopath lol but the cat lady is just weird as fuck xD Still, the way she REKT Haruna was badass and I was very surprised to see what she did ability and knowledge wise as well as to see that Anri hasn't even been using Saika to its full extent all this time

Good episode overall imo and the ending cliffhanger wrapped it up nicely in a bow for me because I was not expecting a development like that to happen at all lol so I can't wait to see how Masaomi handles this
TokoyaJan 23, 2016 8:39 AM
Jan 23, 2016 8:35 AM

Sep 2014
This was intense, Kasane's Saika is really cool as well.
I wonder what's going to happen to the head. Really surprised Izaya didn't know about it.
Jan 23, 2016 8:39 AM

Aug 2015
The saika scene was pretty awesome. Im glad Mikado finally appereared again, but that cliffhanger ending with kida and rokujo! But i loved the Izaya and Mikado phone scene, Izaya is just so daym awesome.
Another really good episode, even more pumped for next week!
LunitaJan 25, 2016 12:38 AM
Jan 23, 2016 8:52 AM

Aug 2010
Seiji finally showed emotions! What a miracle XD

Izaya and Mikado's conversation was fun with all the Izaya usual quirks as usual and how he was LMAOing at the head being exposed news. Never change Izaya lol

The tension during the Saika conversation was real. Kasane just appearing in front of them and butting in the conversation for the rights of Saika was funny. I wonder if Anri will ever get to the nxt level using Saika?

Kida vs Chikage nxt? Should be fun
Jan 23, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
Another Saika? Okay I guess lol. Three Sexy ladies in a park about to go to a Cafe???...Yeah you can count me in on that fun!

Decent episode overall, good action, looking forward to next week though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 23, 2016 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
Hahaha, solid episode definitely. We get two major events - the Izaya/ Mikado conversation and the Saika meeting - along with other things that will add up eventually. I absolutely loved that conversation! Izaya's emotions are more transparent than I remember, but that could just be me. It was amusing to see his reactions to Mikado's words, especially the skipping and the smile. I wonder how things would have turned out had Izaya accepted Mikado's offer. But I guess that wouldn't be IC. Probably. We got a good amount of Izaya, so I'm pleased. Next week comes some Shizuo. They haven't had a shown fight since Shou, right?

Barion-Zara said:
Izaya and Mikado's conversation was fun with all the Izaya usual quirks as usual and how he was LMAOing at the head being exposed news. Never change Izaya lol

Ahahaha... That was another fun part. Izaya's not even upset about getting the head taken (or at least it's not shown).

Now I get Kujiragi's thing in the OP! Otherwise, I don't really like her character. The ED spoilers are still ever so amusing. I love it. And I love the OP. It's so cute.

Ah, it truly is the beginning of the end. How exciting.

Now back to Shizaya fanfiction to satisfy me.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jan 23, 2016 9:32 AM

Jan 2016
Damn, another awesome episode. I like how its setting up major events while presenting others, and the way this show juggles its millions of characters is insane. I just wish Kadota would wake up already damn, shows just not the same without him and his gang.

And Izayas conversation with Mikado was intense, love the development for Mikado, and Izayas reaction after reading the news was awesome, just what id expect from someone as crazy as he is.

Shizuo in the preview for the next one, woohoo, looking forward for that, maybe we'll see some celty and shinra too.

Feel like Masaomis been lagging behind, not getting as much attention since x2 started, oh well, Mikados the gangster badass now xD

Great episode, next one should be even better
Jan 23, 2016 9:43 AM

Dec 2015
My only comment: That Mikado and Izaya conversation killed me. Probably my fav episode so far.
Jan 23, 2016 9:48 AM

Dec 2015
Average. Interesting but same unnatural reactions from characters as usual. They'd be like "oh, I care about something in the world" and in the next episode "I'm gonna keep the pose of a kuudere and stay quiet even when a psychopath is reciting her monologue about psychopath things and then I'll gladly accept to collaborate with her. Oh but surprise! She was trying to take possession of a really dangerous weapon."
Jan 23, 2016 10:00 AM

May 2015
A lot of dialogue this episode and less action.
Was hoping for mikado and kida to meet up but I guess the time will eventually come.
Kujiragi is cute and haruna got shut down pretty quick.

overall it was good but hoping things will speed up next episode.
Jan 23, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2014
Izaya FTW! He always makes the episode amusing.

Especially loved it when he claimed Mikado was the best of the people he often observes and started laughing xD.

Lol at Izaya randomly pointing at a by passer, The poor guy was startled.
That final laugh after learning about the head XD

The triple Saika conversation was really something :o

Rokujo targeted the Yellow Scarves :o
Can't wait to see how all these events that are transpiring are gonna coalesce.
Jan 23, 2016 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
Another phenomenal episode, loved it from the dialogue and conversation between Izaya and Mikado to the intense confrontation between the three Saikas. Can't wait for more of the events to unfold in this volatile situation. Can't wait to see Shizuo and Masaomi next ep~
Jan 23, 2016 10:37 AM

Jun 2011
So, shit is finally getting real.
I was tired of waiting.

5/5

CURRENTLY THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE OF x2.
Jan 23, 2016 11:31 AM

May 2010
I'm really enjoying this so far.

The conversation between Anri and Haruna was pretty interesting, same with the development and progression during the chat between Mikado and Izaya, and Kasane though. <3

Am I the only one who finds Kasane cute? (Or maybe adorable?)

I just love how she was being friendly to those kittens. Hoping to see more of what will go down between all the Saika users and the Yellow Scarves.
Jan 23, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. Best ep of this season of DRRR so far. That conversation between Izaya and Ryuugamine was pretty intense. Both of them know who they're fucking around with. Also all three Saika in one place. That cliffhanger... can't wait for next episode!
Jan 23, 2016 11:51 AM

May 2009
Can't wait for next week, my fav char, Erika with her cosplay.
Jan 23, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2007
So we get a confirmation something Aoba suspected, straight out of Izaya's lips - Mikado did not "change". All he did was being forced to stop pretending to be ordinary. What he is doing, what he plans to do, its right in line with who he always was and what he always wanted - inciting abnormal, observing abnormal, getting off from disrupted normalcy.
In a way he is not that different from Izaya, a kindred spirit to Izaya(which is why they talked on more equal footing this episode). Its just that Mikado was a whole lot better at feigning his "normalcy" to others.
Jan 23, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
Well damn that was a great episode. Loved the conversation between Izaya and Mikado. Mikado keeps getting more interesting.
Jan 23, 2016 12:25 PM

Aug 2015
Really loved this episode. Seeing Mikado being insane is just soo awesome! Really had to laugh when Kasane talken with those kittens >_<
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Jan 23, 2016 12:27 PM
Mar 2015
They say that Anri doesn't know how to use her Saika well yet. I wonder what will happen if she uses it "right"?

Also on a side note: NEEDS MORE SHIZUO!!
Jan 23, 2016 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Izaya doesn't seem phased at all since Celty's head is now in the open.
Kujiragi has a Saika as well. Niekawa had no chance against her.
Wonder who the guy in the passenger seat of the car that hit Dotachin is?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 23, 2016 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing Haruna get her ass rightfully handed to her by Kasane (whose interactions with the cats were adorable, by the way!!) is ultimately satisfying. I'm not pleased to see Haruna, I never liked her, but given, she is instrumental to the plot somewhat, so it's not like I have a choice. All three Saika wielders in one place– exiting!!!

Nice to see Mikado get more screentime, even if he's talking to the weasel.

Chikage's back and ready to enact his revenge upon Ikebukuro…

Things are really heating up— given the fact that I have read the novel/spoilers, but I am overjoyed to finally see the last cour animated, and they seem to be keeping everything intact from the novels that I can tell (?) – so I'm pleased.

removed-userJan 23, 2016 1:14 PM
Jan 23, 2016 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
How many Saikas does this show need?
Jan 23, 2016 1:13 PM

May 2014
Barion-Zara said:
Seiji finally showed emotions! What a miracle XD

The highlight of the episode

Now I wonder what's going to happen with the head.Izaya doesn't seem to give a shit about it,Lol.

And judging by the preview,next episode is gonna be intense.
Jan 23, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
Can someone remind me how did Shizuo end up in jail? This episode really felt like the ones from the first season and I loved it (reason being Mikado and Izaya's conversation). When Kujiragi Kasane revealed her weapon, I was annoyed thinking:,,What spices is she now?'', because I thought it won't have any sense, but it actually has. The only thing bugging me now is, wasn't there supposed to be only one Saika or do I remember something wrong?
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jan 23, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2015
Ah I've been waiting for this~ Raira trio character development incoming.

My love for Kujiragi grows everyday.
Jan 23, 2016 2:00 PM

Jun 2015
Hmm not sure how I feel about more Saika's, so confusing imo.
Izaya continues to be a weirdo.
More info on Kadota?? Ooh yes plz.
Kida looking bada$$ as ever.

Ooh I smell a Kida vs Rokujo fight :D
Jan 23, 2016 2:01 PM

Jun 2015
Vaiketime2025 said:
Also on a side note: NEEDS MORE SHIZUO!!
AND WAYY MORE KADOTA!!
Jan 23, 2016 2:10 PM

May 2015
Things are really starting to get serious. LN readers keep saying it only gets more insane, so I can't wait to see what happens.

Also it's pretty obvious who the man in disguise is :D
Jan 23, 2016 2:17 PM

May 2015
Shimai_ni said:
Can someone remind me how did Shizuo end up in jail? This episode really felt like the ones from the first season and I loved it (reason being Mikado and Izaya's conversation). When Kujiragi Kasane revealed her weapon, I was annoyed thinking:,,What spices is she now?'', because I thought it won't have any sense, but it actually has. The only thing bugging me now is, wasn't there supposed to be only one Saika or do I remember something wrong?

He got framed for supposedly beating up that blond chick from Amphisbaena, who was actually beat up by Izumii
Jan 23, 2016 2:34 PM

Oct 2015
Durarara said:
This was intense, Kasane's Saika is really cool as well.
I wonder what's going to happen to the head. Really surprised Izaya didn't know about it.

This isn't explained in the anime but Izaya hired Manami in a way to always keep his guard up, knowing she would attempt to ruin his life and/or kill him.
Obviously he knew Manami would steal the head from him, but he thought she would give it to Yagiri pharmaceuticals, or Nebula, or even Celty. He never thought she will involve the entire city and create a mess even more huge. This caused him to laugh because he loves when humans surprise him.
vlad_russoJan 24, 2016 5:49 PM
Jan 23, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2015
best episode so far
izaya and Mikado gets more and more similar
kasane is quite interesting (meow :3) best neko girl 2016 I want to see more of her in action
Jan 23, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
Such a great episode with so much going on.

I think I've never seen that guy who came in the cafe Shijima was in. He was in the passanger seat so who was the driver?

Izaya's and Mikado's conversation was very interesting to see and I laughed when Izaya got all excited and started doing gestures to random pedestrians.

Crazy Saika fights.

5/5
Jan 23, 2016 3:40 PM

Oct 2011
Izaya jumping for joy when talking to Mikado <333

All Saika in one place 0___0.

Chikage meeting Masaomi OMG

Katota's hitter GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Jan 23, 2016 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
All that buildup. I'm hyped for the next episode!
Jan 23, 2016 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
The conversation between Izaya and Mikado was the highlight of the episode. 5/5
Jan 23, 2016 4:29 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was very still, though Durarara always and so at the beginning.
FINALLY we'll see shizuo again!

Jan 23, 2016 5:08 PM
Sep 2013
Shimai_ni said:
When Kujiragi Kasane revealed her weapon, I was annoyed thinking:,,What spices is she now?'', because I thought it won't have any sense, but it actually has. The only thing bugging me now is, wasn't there supposed to be only one Saika or do I remember something wrong?

You definitely are remembering wrong but its not surprising as a lot of things happen in Durarara at once so I will explain. I also find it interesting to see so many "a new saika" comments when it was first revealed last cour that Kujiragi was one.

Kujiragi is the "original" wielder of Saika and 20 years ago she (as she calls it) "dissected" Saika and gave one of its fragments to Shingen, which he used to cut off Celty's head. Then Shingen sold the blade to Anri's parents but because the father starting abusing the mother due to drugs, the mother killed father then herself, so Saika blade was then passed onto Anri.

So considering Haruna is just a "rebellious child" of Anri's fragmented Saika, its no surprise how easily she lost to Kujiragi.

What's interesting in this episode is how Haruna shows that Anri has gotten weaker since the first season because of her friendship with Mikado and Masaomi, she's accepting herself more as a human than a parasite.
Jan 23, 2016 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
Durarara really isn't the type of anime you wanna be watching when you're struggling to keep concentration.
I find myself losing track of everything that's happening... but I like what's going on with the Saika stuff.
Jan 23, 2016 7:31 PM
Jun 2015
Really cool episode this week

My fave moments were Anri, Haruna, and Kasane meeting as a weird Saika trio, Chikage challenging Kida, and the entirety of Izaya and Mikado's phonecall.

I have a feeling the guy who met up with Hiroto was that creepy teacher from season 1, and he's involved in the hit and run? Guess he's in deep shit.
Jan 23, 2016 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
Man, I just love it when Izaya is just about the last person to find out about something.

I have a feeling that when all of this is over, I'm really going to need to go back and watch this entire show from start to finish to try and make sense of everything.
Jan 24, 2016 12:45 AM

Jul 2014
That masked guy is Takashi for sure.
Jan 24, 2016 1:04 AM

Mar 2014
That conversation between Mikado and Izaya was GOAT/10

Reminds me of why I love this show so muchBABE
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 24, 2016 1:54 AM

Jun 2011
ColdJester said:
That masked guy is Takashi for sure.

Obvious as fuck since ED spoils this.
Jan 24, 2016 3:10 AM

Jun 2015
Finally shizuo is gonna show up.
I'd wanna see izaya fight anyone with his full power.
Jan 24, 2016 3:15 AM

Jun 2013
Haruna is fucking weird
Jan 24, 2016 4:17 AM

Jul 2013
Alveron said:
Shimai_ni said:

He got framed for supposedly beating up that blond chick from Amphisbaena, who was actually beat up by Izumii

Now I remember, thanks. There was even that one scene in the police when he met Kinnosuke... xD

Zetsubo667 said:
Shimai_ni said:
When Kujiragi Kasane revealed her weapon, I was annoyed thinking:,,What spices is she now?'', because I thought it won't have any sense, but it actually has. The only thing bugging me now is, wasn't there supposed to be only one Saika or do I remember something wrong?

You definitely are remembering wrong but its not surprising as a lot of things happen in Durarara at once so I will explain. I also find it interesting to see so many "a new saika" comments when it was first revealed last cour that Kujiragi was one.

Kujiragi is the "original" wielder of Saika and 20 years ago she (as she calls it) "dissected" Saika and gave one of its fragments to Shingen, which he used to cut off Celty's head. Then Shingen sold the blade to Anri's parents but because the father starting abusing the mother due to drugs, the mother killed father then herself, so Saika blade was then passed onto Anri.

So considering Haruna is just a "rebellious child" of Anri's fragmented Saika, its no surprise how easily she lost to Kujiragi.

What's interesting in this episode is how Haruna shows that Anri has gotten weaker since the first season because of her friendship with Mikado and Masaomi, she's accepting herself more as a human than a parasite.

Thank you very much, this helped a lot ^_^
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

158 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

117 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

260 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 10, 9:31 PM

» Favorite Durarara Character ( 1 2 )

daze3x - Feb 20, 2016

73 by Archfiend836 »»
Feb 13, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

85 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.