Forum Settings
Forums

Can you speak another language besides your native one?

New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2016 5:16 AM

Jul 2015
uncivilized barbarian islander and freedom burger are my only languages
and am use them well
Jan 9, 2016 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
Well I speak good English. Tagalog is my native language. I'm also learning Spanish, I know pendejo = "I love you"
Jan 9, 2016 5:39 AM

Aug 2015
native is english, i can speak french and chinese

☁ cyborg robot squirrels ☁
Jan 9, 2016 5:46 AM
Oct 2014
Swedish is my native, and I have no major problems to understand Norwegian or Danish. English is my second language, and then I can understand some German (written).

Jan 9, 2016 5:53 AM

Aug 2012
PrimeX said:
Well I speak good English. Tagalog is my native language. I'm also learning Spanish, I know pendejo = "I love you"

Lol XD Are you sure about that?
------------------------
Jan 9, 2016 6:06 AM

Jun 2015
english & serbian.

------------------
Jan 9, 2016 6:26 AM

Aug 2015
I'm italian, and i speak english and i'm getting to know german. When i'll have more time i'll try to learn spanish and japanese: i think that it's imporant to know languages, especially if you want to travel a lot! Hopefully by 2017 i will know at least 3 languages

at least thats what i hope lol
Jan 9, 2016 6:52 AM

Dec 2014
Fluently I speak Serbian (native) and English.
Knew French, now not so much.
Supposedly learning Japanese.
Jan 9, 2016 7:08 AM

May 2015
Rarusu_ said:
I have no major problems to understand Danish.

Reading Danish is quite easy but do you actually understand anything that they're saying? Sounds like they're talking with their mouth full of food.
Jan 9, 2016 7:17 AM
Oct 2014
Eminem said:
Rarusu_ said:
I have no major problems to understand Danish.

Reading Danish is quite easy but do you actually understand anything that they're saying? Sounds like they're talking with their mouth full of food.

It's harder than Norwegian, but if you focus and they try to speak more "Scandinavian" or soft, then it's usually alright to communicate with them.
I lived with Danes for 4 days once, the first day was a struggle but on the third there was no major problem to understand them.

Jan 9, 2016 7:29 AM

Mar 2014
Besides greek which is my native language, I can fluently speak english. I also know french but I have forgotten the language a bit since I haven't practised it after I got my certificate, as well as a bit of spanish (nothing to be confident about though lol).
Jan 9, 2016 7:35 AM

Oct 2012
Besides my native tongue, I can speak English and some Japanese.
Jan 9, 2016 8:37 AM

Dec 2015
My native tongue is Dutch. I'm fluent in English and can speak French pretty well. Right now I'm learning Japanese and I had some German lessons, but I have forgotten the majority of the latter.
Jan 9, 2016 8:39 AM

Nov 2015
Fluently? No.

I can have a very simple conversation in French and maybe German - planning on becoming fluent in both these languages eventually though.

Jan 9, 2016 8:42 AM

Apr 2015
English and Indonesia is the two language I could speak 'fluently' guess you could say.

and 0.5% of japanese because animu.
Jan 9, 2016 8:48 AM

Jun 2015
Besides my native language German, I can speak English, some French, I also understand some Spanish. I wanna learn as many languages as possible. Arabic, Spanish, Swedish and Japanese are high up on that list.
Jan 9, 2016 8:49 AM
Jul 2018
I can speak English, Swedish and Spanish. Although my Spanish is rusty as all hell at this point ;D
Jan 9, 2016 8:52 AM

May 2014
A fair amount of French and a little bit of Russian and Spanish
Jan 9, 2016 8:59 AM

Aug 2012
Can currently speak English, am nearly fluent in Italian, and am learning Russian + Japanese.
Jan 9, 2016 9:00 AM

Nov 2014
I can speak English-asl, that is enough for me.

Jan 9, 2016 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
well my native language is telugu and i can speak english, hindi. so..
Jan 9, 2016 9:26 AM
Mar 2015
english and french. learning spanish
Jan 9, 2016 9:31 AM

Mar 2008
FrozenWhiskers said:
No, I only speak spanish. I can write english a little but my pronunciation sucks.

Mexican or Spaniard accent or what? If it's the later keep the accent.
Jan 9, 2016 10:00 AM

Dec 2015
M00ner said:
PrimeX said:

Lol XD Are you sure about that?
------------------------

Lmaooo

------------------------------
Jan 9, 2016 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
I'm learning French ,Arabic and German right now .So hopefully I'll be reasonably multilingual soon .

Tbh, sometimes I feel like learning Japanese or Korean just to see how an LN ends .I probably won't though since I hate the idea of learning niche languages .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 9, 2016 10:12 AM

Nov 2015
I speak English and Klingon. I'm not really interested in learning more, though.
Jan 9, 2016 10:26 AM
Oct 2015
I can speak English and I'm studying German.
My native language is Croatian.
Jan 9, 2016 10:27 AM

Jun 2014
Nope.
I only know how to speak English, I guess I know a few words from other languages here and there, but that's about it.
Jan 9, 2016 10:58 AM

Jan 2009
In practical Usage, I speak only German and Romanian fluently, whereas the latter is limited to the Skills of a little Child and I'm switching back to German during my verbal Interactions with my Parents whenever I don't know how to phrase it in Romanian.

When it comes to reading and writing Things, there are only German and English for which I can understand most Texts as long as the Subject itself isn't too complicated, whereas sometimes, English Texts have the simpler Sentence Structure and other Times, I can pick up Information faster and more easily in German ones, which has, apart from it being my native Language, probably something to do with the Noun Capitalization.

I used to learn French and Spanish in School, but these Days, I can only use them to read Texts (albeit much less than English) and maybe write a little bit with the Help of a Dictionary.

I would like to know other big Languages such as Mandarin, Russian, Arabic and Sanskrit, then Japanese fully and maybe I could pick up Korean and/or another, Southeast-Asian Language as well as another Germanic Language like Dutch or Swedish/Norwegian/Danish, and an European non-Indo-European Language like Finnish or Hungarian, whereas I'm more interested in the latter due to it having been the Main Culture of the Place, that had granted my Ancestors Freedom for their Cultures and Languages.
NoboruJan 9, 2016 12:00 PM
Jan 9, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2015
Noboru said:
In practical Usage, I speak only German and Romanian fluently, whereas the latter is limited to the Skills of a little Child and I'm switching back to German during my verbal Interactions with my Parents whenever I don't know how to phrase it in Romanian.

When it comes to reading and writing Things, there are only German and English for which I can understand most Texts as long as the Subject itself isn't too complicated, whereas sometimes, English Texts have the simpler Sentence Structure and other Times, I can pick up Information faster and more easily in German ones, which has, apart from it being my native Language, probably something to do with the Noun Capitalization.

I used to learn French and Spanish in School, but these Days, I can only use them to read Texts and maybe write a little bit with the Help of a Dictionary.

I would like to know other big Languages such as Mandarin, Russian, Arabic and Sanskrit, then Japanese fully and maybe I could pick up Korean and/or another, Southeast-Asian Language as well as another Germanic Language like Dutch or Swedish/Norwegian/Danish, and an European non-Indo-European Language like Finnish or Hungarian, whereas I'm more interested in the latter due to it having been the Main Culture of the Place, that had granted my Ancestors Freedom for their Cultures and Languages.
Or maybe you should learn Swiss German, amirite? ;00000
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jan 9, 2016 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
Cookies said:
Or maybe you should learn Swiss German, amirite? ;00000
Swiss sounds too gay in all Kinds of Meaning D:
But I'll consider it if I ever happen to move to Switzerland. Austrian German sounds more pleasing to my Ears, if I have to choose another Standard Variety and in Fact, my own Standard Variety is from the Vocabulary and some Characteristics closer to Austrian German except for the Timbre/Sound Color. Kind of how Indian English and British English are identical in Pronunciation and most Words, but still sound completely differently, and yet you have a few Words and Constructions which have been influenced by it.
NoboruJan 9, 2016 2:14 PM
Jan 9, 2016 11:35 AM

Jan 2011
Besides italian i can speak Spanish and English. Studying Latin and Greek too
Jan 9, 2016 11:57 AM

Jun 2012
Slowly (and I mean slowly..) learning Japanese. Maybe its fast though, I dunno because I have never taken classes for another language other than French back in highschool. It just feels like I haven't learned much, though I guess if I think about it there has been some progress...

I have always wanted to learn Russian for some reason, but don't really see it happening anytime soon. Learning one language at a time is hard enough for me.
Jan 9, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
French native.
English is fluent.
Spanish is kinda ok, but it's been almost a decade I didn't speak it with anyone, so it's kinda rusty IMO.
Can read/understand Russian (but not speak it), and of course, basic stuff of Japanese.
Jan 9, 2016 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
English.

Spanish is my native language.

I'm interested in learning German, Russian, French, Italian, Arabic, and Japanese.
Jan 9, 2016 5:57 PM

Apr 2013
English is my native language, but I grew up with Tagalog and I learned Spanish in high school (which I have pretty much lost since I don't try to retain it). I learned Japanese in college, and it seems to be the 2nd language I know the best.

Which is interesting since I've started having dreams in Japanese.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 9, 2016 6:00 PM

Apr 2009
yes. english.
i speak some german too but it's pathetic.
i plan on learning dutch tho. then if i decide against staying/going back to the netherlands, i'll forget it so i have more space for spanish
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jan 9, 2016 6:01 PM
Feb 2011
Yes. I can fluently speak in three languages: Lithuanian (which I guess is my native tongue), Russian and English.
Jan 9, 2016 6:02 PM

Feb 2015
Bilingual and currently studying other language, but I don't know if I must study Spanish or Japanese.
Jan 9, 2016 6:09 PM

Apr 2009
dfsafsaf said:
Yes. I can fluently speak in three languages: Lithuanian (which I guess is my native tongue), Russian and English.
sometimes i wish i lived in one of the eastern european former soviet countries so i would speak three languages but then i remember that 1) no one cares about russian except russians and 2) no one wants to be from a former soviet country
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jan 9, 2016 6:24 PM

Mar 2008
kawaiiyuris said:
dfsafsaf said:
sometimes i wish i lived in one of the eastern european former soviet countries so i would speak three languages but then i remember that 1) no one cares about russian except russians and 2) no one wants to be from a former soviet country

Lots of people that are not russian like th sound of russian. They just dont learn it since it seems more difficult than some other languages.
Jan 9, 2016 6:25 PM

Jul 2015
i speak english, but i speak some french, and i am learning mandarin
i make terrible youtube videos, dont click the link unless you have literally seen everything else in existence
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH8qW8C2w0PNpTGlA-0r_HA
Jan 9, 2016 6:36 PM

Apr 2009
traed said:
kawaiiyuris said:

Lots of people that are not russian like th sound of russian. They just dont learn it since it seems more difficult than some other languages.
yeah, but i was thinking of usefulness (mainly career related). russian is not gonna be too useful except for talking to russians.
i mean compare it to spanish, for example.
deadoptimist said:
Jan 9, 2016 7:04 PM

Jan 2015
My native is Hungarian and I can speak English and German. And I know a very minimal amount of Spanish.
Jan 9, 2016 7:14 PM

Jul 2015
My native language is Vietnamese and my second is English. After several years of living in the US and improving my command of the English language, I am now unable to speak either languages fluently.
Jan 9, 2016 7:16 PM

Mar 2014
native is english but i can speak chinese and im learning german turn up
Jan 11, 2016 6:32 AM

Jan 2015
My main language is Turkish, I'm learning English and Spanish at school and I'm trying to learn Estonian by myself. And I know speaking weeaboo~~
Jan 11, 2016 6:34 AM

Apr 2013
Only English, but starting March I'll learn Japanese too :3
Jan 11, 2016 6:37 AM

Apr 2008
Filipino and English. Some Spanish, too.

You are afraid to die, and you're afraid to live. What a way to exist.
Neale Donald Walsch

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

17 by Noboru »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

44 by Rhaelynne »»
7 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

681 by blankflag »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

68 by -Jahra »»
54 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

21 by rohan121 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.