Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 7, 2016 10:21 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah some past reminiscing this chapter. I always felt bad for Marco for what happened to him; now we get to see it in more details.

Oh boy, the enemy Titans aren't messing around with their strategies either. Excited for next chapter.
Stark700Jan 7, 2016 10:26 PM
Jan 7, 2016 11:53 PM

Jun 2013
Oh hell...Damn these 3...Reiner is not right in tthe head huh...or was this the bith of his dual personality of Soldier and Warrior huh...
Poor MArco...He said wrong thing after he heard it...Damn what Psychological stuff.

So..."Give your Armor to Next Warrior?" So Reiner and Co...are just treated somewhat as expendable soldiers...don't meet the Quote...you end up dead.

Warchief Zeke...so that is the Name ope The Ape Titan? and SMALL TITAN IS TALKING!?!?!?

So....Reiner was ALive enough to give the Signal...damn good War so far... Don't know how he will survive from that head shot tough...Or is it like this that If it's not Neck even Human transforming Titan's can survive from head shot.
JarjaxleJan 9, 2016 2:11 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 8, 2016 12:33 AM
Jan 2015
OMFG , Ape Titan is throwing hidden gigantic bullet there !!!
Jan 8, 2016 1:06 AM

Mar 2014
Sh*t is about to go down in the next chapter. Can't wait!
Jan 8, 2016 2:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, so that's how Marco died, huh? Jean's gonna be pissed if he find out. Also, the Armored Titan is not down!. Wow, the Beast Titan's is throwing a barrel contain Bertholdt inside the walls so the Armored Titan can crush the rest of them! Armin is really good at predicting what the enemy's doing!

5/5
Jan 8, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2014
Thank god... i hope Reiner and every other titan shifter with the exception of Eren survive. Wishful thinking, but still...
It'd be great if this arc ends with most of the survey corps guys dead.
Jan 8, 2016 5:47 PM

Oct 2013
Damn what a great f***ing chapter!! We learn a lot of new thing and also got to see..... RBA and Zeke point of view. Also seeing Annie like that hurts me so much and it also shows that the cold Annie that we knew isn't the true Annie. She choose to be like that to not get attach the so called " evil race" inside the walls. Irronically no matter how she tried, she started to get attach to some of her teammates in the 104th squad. I also like how Isayama choose to make his characters more of a shade of grey, than simple good vs evil, because it's obvious RBA and Zeke is doing all this for a reason, its also obvious because they have to, not because they want to. We still don't know much about them or why they're doing all this.

Now about Reiner, I'm still not sure if he's alive or dead, even after his titan scream. He has no brain so he is practically a vegetable right now. I have feeling the Armored titan is out of this battle, I could be wrong. Perhaps they will make someone turn into a titan and make them eat reiner? Jean would be my best candidate fo take the injection.

Now that ending! I and many predicted that Bertholdt was in the barrel and that the ape titan would throw him in the air, and then he transform and a big shitstorm would begin. XD. Cant wait for next chapter. 5/5.
keragammingJan 8, 2016 5:59 PM
Jan 8, 2016 6:27 PM
Feb 2013
Awesome chapter! Glad some punishment is being dished out to these guys. Again regardless of what the justifications are, they're still murdering people and committing mass genocide. I doubt Connie gives a damn about Zeke's reasons for turning his mother into a titan just to increase his force. Doesnt matter how honourable the cause turns out to be, it's not gonna justify anything they've done. That ending though, Colossal Titan incoming! From the way this fight is playing out, Levi's gonna have to use the serum on someone to level out the playing field.
Jan 8, 2016 6:33 PM

Sep 2014
dedeogbe said:
Awesome chapter! Glad some punishment is being dished out to these guys. Again regardless of what the justifications are, they're still murdering people and committing mass genocide. I doubt Connie gives a damn about Zeke's reasons for turning his mother into a titan just to increase his force. Doesnt matter how honourable the cause turns out to be, it's not gonna justify anything they've done. That ending though, Colossal Titan incoming! From the way this fight is playing out, Levi's gonna have to use the serum on someone to level out the playing field.

Ah, finally someone else who doesn't glorify the titan shifters (excluding Eren, and maybe Annie). I like seeing their POV, but I am not rooting for them in the slightest. They've been killing (innocent civilians and soldiers) humans for too long now; for me, right now, they're the bad guys who need to get taken out.

Can't wait for the next chapter. I just hope Erwin doesn't die too soon . . .
Jan 8, 2016 6:38 PM

Sep 2014
Man, I hope Reiner is actually dead. There's no justification for comitting genocide. Poor Marco.
Jan 8, 2016 6:47 PM

Apr 2014
I knew they should have blown Reiner's body to pieces, not just decapitated him.

Great chapter.
Jan 8, 2016 6:57 PM

May 2013
I hope reiner is dead,that roar was probably the last one he will do ever.And the body shaking is probably the muscle reaction after the brain dies.Next chapter is the last for volume 19 so its gotta be the bomb
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Jan 8, 2016 7:02 PM

Jun 2010
next month we get the colossal dive bomb. I wonder how many will die
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 8, 2016 7:03 PM

Mar 2008
so reiner is all in on the black side, bert is the gray, while annie was slowly turning good.. so thats the reason for the cries she did back then... (and i saw her last trans within wall shina as an act of last struggle.)
Jan 8, 2016 7:07 PM
Sep 2015
Wow seeing Annie face like that hurt !!!!
She's grown on me now I feel so bad for her
Jan 8, 2016 7:13 PM

Mar 2008
Fredluv2339 said:
Wow seeing Annie face like that hurt !!!!
She's grown on me now I feel so bad for her

also i just realized... is reiner alright in the head? coz this is some weird delusional thing he did

the way he switched from "we are warrios" to "WTF GUYS MARCO's BEING EATEN!"
Jan 8, 2016 7:21 PM
Dec 2015
This chapter was awesome. I'm a little bit worried that Reiner is still alive... Poor Marco tho, maybe Annie can become good at the end and tell Jean about how his friend died
Jan 8, 2016 7:26 PM
Aug 2015
What if Bertholdt eat what left of Reiner and transform into Armored Colosal Titan
Jan 8, 2016 7:33 PM

Sep 2013
Marco ;-; </3

Both sides are just killing each other. Well, killing humans to be exact. And we still don't even know why the warriors are so focused on eradicating the humans within the walls. Are all the humans, within the walls, their enemies? Many of them don't even know about the walls being made up of titans or anything about titans.. they were just unfortunate enough to be born in there .-. The only fishy ones are the Military Police and the Wall Cult organizations.. and the higher ups >_>

I wish both sides could just negotiate, but as Armin have mentioned there's, literally, no room for that atm. Especially when they barely know anything about the "warriors" and the history of titans. The only thing they can do, now, is to ensure their survival and find out what's in the frigging basement.

One does not have to severe a titan shifter's neck to kill him, right? In the end, Reiner is still human and will die the same way humans do. I sure hope so =w=;;

But like others have mentioned, someone would probably use that injection and ingests Reiner to acquire the armoured titan powers. Probably. I'm hoping a "warrior" won't be the one to ingest him.

Now let's see who Isayama will kill next chapter.
einschlxJan 8, 2016 7:36 PM
Jan 8, 2016 7:48 PM

Oct 2013
misaseh098 said:
so reiner is all in on the black side, bert is the gray, while annie was slowly turning good.. so thats the reason for the cries she did back then... (and i saw her last trans within wall shina as an act of last struggle.)

I disagree with reiner being all on the black side. For one he is the leader of the group, and it would be too much of a risk to let Marco go free. Also the reason why he has this split personality is probably because he was too coward enough to face reality. Reiner has save coonie and done other good things, he is even making his promiss to Ymir to save Historia.

Not trying to defend Reiner here, but he's in the same boat as Annie and bertholdt. I remember in the forest scene people were saying berthold is the coldest out of the trio for showing no emotion or regret. Objectively RBA has done good things and bad things. All of them are in the greyzone.

Look at Grisha for example, would you put him in the black area for killing the entire Reiss family, including the young ones?
keragammingJan 8, 2016 7:52 PM
Jan 8, 2016 7:56 PM

Dec 2013
Cool to learn how Marco died even if the only thing I remember about him was the memes about him dying.

Apparently that isn't enough to stop Reiner. Dude is tough.
Jan 8, 2016 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
Holy shit, Marco was actually murdered. That first half was really heavy.

The "Warriors" talking about how evil the human race is reminds me of the kids of ISIS members and how they're all brainwashed and manipulated to believe that everyone else in the world is evil. It's pretty sad :/
Jan 8, 2016 8:05 PM
Dec 2015
dedeogbe said:
I think the crimes of the first King, including his cronies like the Ackermans and Asians were quite horrendous, that's why his Reiss descendants are so burdened by guilt they are unwilling to do anything. The slighted part were the shifters, who are angry enough to send soldiers to kill all the innocent filler until the coordinate reveals itself.
It sucks for the civilians on both sides but such is all out war.

It was interesting to see Annie and Reiner breaking apart, she losing her cool, opposing them, and crying her eyes out and Reiner showing his secondary personality (I think this was the first time Annie saw it, but not Bertholt, that was recognition in his eyes).
Also we got to see the price of disobedience or failure: lose your armor AKA get eaten by another warrior to inherit the shifter power. Brutal as fuck considering they used 10 year olds for the mission.
And look at the vapour coming from Reiner, he is regenerating...
Jan 8, 2016 8:12 PM

Jan 2009
lol Renier head is cut off but he is still alive? what kind of Titan power is that lol
Jan 8, 2016 8:27 PM

Aug 2008
So is Reiner dead? I never thought Annie and the rest will feel sorry for Marco.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 8, 2016 8:38 PM
Dec 2015
Zapredon said:
So is Reiner dead? I never thought Annie and the rest will feel sorry for Marco.
If he was dead he couldn't have cried. Just after he cries his titan goes inactive but doesn't turn to vapour so his mind is still attached to it; instead vapour engulfs his human body.
IMO he is regenerating at full speed his human head using his titan body as life support, but he probably can't command his titan and regenerate at the same time, like Eren when he was captured and his arms cut off.
Jan 8, 2016 8:47 PM

Sep 2013
Finally Annie is drawn again, i missed her sooooo much. looks like bert is considered the strongest among the titans but his personality makes him unreliable.... even though i can predict that he will become the main villain (after getting some character development) considering his titan is the iconic symbol of the manga.

it was painful to see Reiner split personality, Annie crying face and Bertholt holding it all inside. Amazing chapter indeed... ofc any chapter automatically become amazing whenever RBA is involved! their struggle is a lot more interesting than anything else going on.

and guys please there is a difference between betraying and being a spy from the very start. they are soldiers... kids brainwashed into infiltrating the evil race home to ... survive. you can't simply label them as evil demons that massacred thousands its a lot more complex than this. in life there is different circumstances.
Jan 8, 2016 8:55 PM
Oct 2012
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!! RIP MARCO

I was expecting them to chuck marco into the Titan for a more devastating finish
AnDEhJan 8, 2016 8:58 PM
Jan 8, 2016 9:02 PM

Aug 2012
That was brutal the way Marco went out. Annie is drawn again since forever even though it was a flashback. As predicted MT or Zeke throws the barrel which contains Bert. Next chapter gonna be crazy.
Jan 8, 2016 9:38 PM

Feb 2011
Reiner is dead, I think is was a post mortem roaring, like the last part of his mission. There is no point in having him surviving this.
Forever Berserk
Jan 8, 2016 9:48 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome, awesome chapter.
Character development was spot-on, the RBA trio feel much more human, not just bad because.

Still two small things that I wasn't sold on:
- Jean still doesn't know what really happened to Marco (stupid spoilers, I was expecting a dramatic reveal... That's what I get for not knowing Japanese XD). It felt a bit underwhelming. But such a reveal can still happen though.
- It wasn't explained why the titan just stopped and didn't eat Marco completely, it felt off... Unless RBA got so shocked that they stopped the titan off-camera, that's my only guess.

So... is Ymir alive? It kinda looked like it, but their promise to kidnap Krysta felt cryptic as well.

I like how Isayama keeps developing characters in mid-battle, it reminds me of the chimera ant arc in hunter x hunter when they invade the palace.
Jan 8, 2016 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
So is Ymir dead? Maybe they have someone eat her and get her titan power. I don't see her being useful to them beside that.

Jan 8, 2016 10:41 PM

Oct 2011
Seeing as how Marco died, I don't sympathize with Reiner at all.
As for the last few pages - I guess they really... *drumroll* Dropped the Bomb (⌐■_■)

Jan 8, 2016 11:10 PM
Dec 2015
KaiserBait said:
So is Ymir dead? Maybe they have someone eat her and get her titan power. I don't see her being useful to them beside that.
If she gets to their village her ass is grass. Maybe not even her act of kindness and self-sacrifice will save her as the power she holds is invaluable in the hands of a properly brainwashed warrior grunt.
But I don't think they sent her to the village just yet.
Jan 8, 2016 11:14 PM

Mar 2014
Why didn't that titan eat Marco's whole body? I was thinking maybe Reiner stopped it after he switched back to his "soldier" persona? Or was it Annie?
Jan 8, 2016 11:19 PM
Nov 2015
AndySuherno said:
What if Bertholdt eat what left of Reiner and transform into Armored Colosal Titan

Shit will happens. And i really do hope those evil titan shifters (except annie) will be defeated. They did wrong shits like killing the innocents an their own friend. I really hope levi will use the injection on himself or jean or mikasa because there's a collosal titan container barrel that will explode and theres a possibility that the beast titan will take some action
justdaydreamingJan 8, 2016 11:23 PM
Jan 8, 2016 11:26 PM

Mar 2014
Man, they heartlessly killed Marco. I hope Reiner isn't still alive.
Jan 8, 2016 11:29 PM

Oct 2013
kay91 said:
Why didn't that titan eat Marco's whole body? I was thinking maybe Reiner stopped it after he switched back to his "soldier" persona? Or was it Annie?

Abnormal titan? not every titan chew down the entire body. from what I have seen some swallow, some bit some persons in half, others step on their victims, slap their victims and do all type of things. titans are unpredictable. the titan probably took one bite and got bored and move on to the next victim.

off topic. I think this will be the year when Annie will come out of her crystal...... well, hopefully.
keragammingJan 8, 2016 11:32 PM
Jan 8, 2016 11:33 PM

Nov 2011
It will be funny if the first revealed Titan Shifter to be the last one.

Jan 8, 2016 11:52 PM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
kay91 said:

Abnormal titan? not every titan chew down the entire body. from what I have seen some swallow, some bit some persons in half, others step on their victims, slap their victims and do all type of things. titans are unpredictable. the titan probably took one bite and got bored and move on to the next victim.

Oh yeah I forgot about the abnormal titans...you are right!

-------------
As much as i find the titan shifters interesting and want to know about their "reasons", I really don't want them to succeed in their plans. Hopefully, Eren protects SC from CT bomb through his hardening ability. And someone from SC will have to inject himself and eat Reiner before Bertolt finds him. They will have a good chance to defeat titan shifters this way.

If Reiner is still alive after this chapter, I'll be really pissed!
kay91Jan 8, 2016 11:55 PM
Jan 9, 2016 12:20 AM

Oct 2013
^ agree. I really feel jean would be a perfect candidate to use the serum and turn into a mindless titan and then eat Reiner to get his power.

Also, that foreshadowing. I think I remember this scene in the anime as well. I think this was from volume 3 or 4.

Jan 9, 2016 1:01 AM

Jun 2013
Next chapter...
COME ON AND SLAM!!! AND WELCOME TO THE JAM!!!
Jan 9, 2016 1:27 AM

Sep 2014
So that's what actually happened to Marco..
They sure have mental issues, wonder what could've warped them so hard.
Killing and then crying, really need to know full backstory on these guys but as of now.. they can't be forgiven.
Hope Reiner stays dead.
Let's see how they deal with Berthold.
Jan 9, 2016 1:32 AM

Aug 2014
marco’s death was literally a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.And why Marco didnt go trought the window next to him when he knew a titan is coming?At least dont draw next to him a window if you just make a character act stupid you idiot
Truth4LiesJan 9, 2016 1:40 AM
Jan 9, 2016 1:45 AM
Dec 2015
sullynathan said:
Man, they heartlessly killed Marco. I hope Reiner isn't still alive.
He discovered them so he had to go, looking like a titan got him, no choice about that. He died a cruel death betrayed by what he thought were his friends, instead of enemy agents, but they didn't kill him heartlessly, Bert crying, Annie completely breaking down and crying, Reiner developing dissociative identity disorder and crying with his soldier persona...

Man if Armin had told Reiner his suspicions during their first expedition outside the walls as he planned to, Reiner would have had to kill both Armin and Jean...
Jan 9, 2016 2:29 AM

Jun 2013
Truth4Lies said:
marco’s death was literally a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.And why Marco didnt go trought the window next to him when he knew a titan is coming?At least dont draw next to him a window if you just make a character act stupid you idiot

How you would think if people that you had eaten, trained and lived with past 1-3 years while training to be soldiers actually did this to you? I would think that you would be in Shock and not thinking right.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 9, 2016 2:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Really interesting chapter. Seeing the story for the other POV is very enlightening.

I still hope they lose big time though. They murdered millions of innocents, irrespective of their reasons.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 9, 2016 2:49 AM

Sep 2011
Hope reiner stays dead
Jan 9, 2016 3:36 AM

Jun 2013
I seriously need Reiner to die. I don't care if it's done by saying goodbye with last breath or simply kill him off, just let him die from this. I understand that Titans are overwhelming and that Corps stand no chance, but they have new weapons. Let at least be there some use from them.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jan 9, 2016 4:13 AM
Dec 2015
Farabeuf said:
Really interesting chapter. Seeing the story for the other POV is very enlightening.

I still hope they lose big time though. They murdered millions of innocents, irrespective of their reasons.
Clarification: Annie killed maybe a hundred Survey Corps, Reiner and Bertholt broke the walls which directly caused the death of thousands. Although Armin said Annie might have attracted all those titans beforehand, we see in the battle of Trost there's a horde of titans around and Annie had nothing to do with it, so it's unlikely she helped in Shiganshina either.
The First King inhabiting Frieda could have lead an army of titans, marched to Shiganshina and closed the hole, regaining Wall Maria that same day, he could have used the full might of the Military Police, Garrison and Survey Corps as protection, collecting more titans along the way for his army. Instead he hid like the defeatist coward he was and sent 250.000 innocent civilians the inner walls couldn't feed to their deaths.
RB may be indirectly guilty of those 250.000 innocent deaths, which they caused as 10 year old brainwashed child soldiers, but the 100 year old First King was directly guilty of this.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

8 by deg »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.