Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2015 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
Ending had to be a teaser for a second season, otherwise "Why?" Needs to be a S2 or that was pointless af. Pretty disappointed at how we still have no knowledge on what happened with her brother. Right now, I can't imagine why there would need to be an entire season to explain that and catch Hanabusa but oh whale. Overall entertaining and can admit I wouldn't mind more.
sadcyborgDec 23, 2015 4:55 PM
Dec 23, 2015 4:54 PM

Jul 2015
Really liked the series. The animation was beautiful. Story and content were average. Sakurako-san was amazing. Everybody else was average. Enjoyed the cases they solved even though they were simple. Overall 8/10 from me. Definitely will watch if there's a season 2.
ReguIusDec 23, 2015 4:58 PM
Dec 23, 2015 5:06 PM

May 2015
I actually thought the end was really clever, especially after the argument and transition to the Sakura Tree in full bloom. A subtle, but very neat, "burying the hatchet" scene, their fears and worries being the final body of the season.

I honestly enjoyed this series a bunch and it's a 10/10 for me, through and through. I hope there'll be another season, hopefully that'll be much more engaging but still full of the subtle clues each ep had.
Dec 23, 2015 5:28 PM

Nov 2014
A disapointing finale for a disapointing series.

A series where anything really happens, with a cast of bland characters whose only role is to ask stupid questions and overreact to everything when is needed, to produce "emotions", which is funny because, in my case i never come to felt anything more than boredom from this. Sometimes it's almost like sakurako is the only rational (but excesively cold) human being on the series (still a mary-sue tho) ...

I supose there is going to be a season two right? if not then even worse. The whole hanabusa guy revelation feel pointless now.

There were still some strong points like the pretty visuals (mostly) and the sound, maybe i didn't get the point of the series, and there's probably people who enjoys watching this kind of trivial cases stuff but it's not me.

I give it a 6/10, because of the production values only.
error5000Dec 28, 2015 7:54 PM
Dec 23, 2015 6:19 PM
Apr 2014
Great show 10/10.

Love how it gives you the perspective of reality and you start reevaluate your own life.

Time flow. You're the one who stops it, and once you are able to realize it, you are already nothing more than a handful of bones

"no matter how much you care about someone you'll eventually have to say good bye"

Waah thought of that makes me cringe when I think about my own circle of friends and family.

Hoping for season 2!
Dec 23, 2015 6:36 PM

Sep 2013
Hmmmm, 7/10 for this series.
Dec 23, 2015 6:39 PM

Apr 2009
BD sales figure / amazon stalker is less than 2k. season 2 never?
Dec 23, 2015 6:47 PM

Mar 2013
So hard to rate this show. While some episodes were absolutely beautiful and intriguing, others not so much. Themes about life and death were amazing. Sakurako was an interesting and clever woman, and Shoutarou grew on me as the show progressed. Most of the cases were cool and satisfying.
I would like to know more about Hanabusa and what happened with Sakurako's brother. I guess I'll stick with doubt. So many unanswered questions, but beautiful animation and solid cases. 7/8 out of 10. Still undecided.
Dec 23, 2015 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
Sakurako: "Why are you here?"
Shoutaro: "To escape my everyday life."

Good anime, however most of the mysteries weren't too impressive but interesting. I like Sakurako's character a lot. I wish they explained what happened to her brother and we didn't even see her fiance once. Second season might be possible? I mean they haven't even caught Hanabusa especially with that part at the end.
Dec 23, 2015 7:37 PM

May 2014
I absolutely loved this anime, probably my favourite of the season. Please, please give us a season 2!

9/10 hands down.

Actually, the more I think about it, it deserves more than that from me. Both the OP and ED were incredible, characters were great and it kept me more engaged and attached than Subete ga F.

Also, Sakurako is one seriously hell of an amazing character. Very unique, insightful, and an absolutely beautiful character design.

I gotta give this a 10/10.
Dec 23, 2015 7:46 PM

Jun 2015
Shuhan said:
Need S2, need Shoutarou and Sakurako to bang.

Isn't Sakurako like 30+ years old or something?
Wouldn't that make Sakurako a:

SHOUTACON?

I'm so sorry lol >_<
Dec 23, 2015 7:52 PM
Mar 2013
season 2 pls

Sakurako was badass and Shoutarou was so damn adorable with all his expressions~ I def need more series like this.
Dec 23, 2015 8:13 PM

Dec 2014
So they decided to focus on their relationship and left the part about Hanabusa hanging, Well it was pretty nice to see how Shoutarou and Sakurako met.

Sakurako looked really beautiful in those summer clothes. :D

Overall I'd say 7/10 for me, Some mysteries were interesting and some were just avereage. Apart from Sakurako I don't think there's any other interesting character in the show, Hanabusa seems interesting but we rarely get to see him.

I would have enjoyed them adding a little more complexity to the series, Apart from the forensics there is no real complexity to it, Perhaps that'll change if we get an S2 and we start seeing more Butterfly Man.
Dec 23, 2015 8:23 PM
Jul 2015
who is hanabusaaaa omg
Dec 23, 2015 8:29 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty average series in my opinion. Nothing really stood out and it was somewhat interesting at the very least. 7/10
Dec 23, 2015 8:42 PM

Jun 2014
kinda meh ending. Not the ending I was expecting; not the ending I was wanting. It was a good episode, but not a good ending. It didnt all come together like it should have.

moving it down to 7/10
Dec 23, 2015 8:50 PM

Jun 2014
My second favorite anime of the season!

Loved everything about this one, the characters, the story, the cases, and the bones!

Hoping that ending is a teaser for a second season announcement!

9/10 from me!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 23, 2015 8:52 PM

Dec 2014
I only watch this series, because the LN art is similar to HakoMari.

And Yuriko, in a way.
Oh well.
Dec 23, 2015 9:37 PM

Oct 2011
Need moar Sakurako. 8/10.
Dec 23, 2015 9:42 PM
Apr 2010
...Yeah this anime is screaming for a 2nd season.
Everything was episodic, and there weren't really much in terms of character development, nor was there much in the way of mystery-solving. Like the animation and meh for the music.

6/10
Dec 23, 2015 9:57 PM

Apr 2011
No, no nonononono.... there has to be a mistake. There is one more episode, right? To catch Hanabusa, I mean. Oh for fuck's sake, come on. Even Gangsta had a better ending than this and that didn't even have an ending in the first place. Really, really disappointing.
Dec 23, 2015 10:39 PM

Sep 2014
So decided to make the finale a flashback episode... meh. I mean I'm a sucker for flashbacks but as with most 12 episode series (I'm looking at you Angel Beats) it felt a bit rushed. I'm not saying I didn't like the flashback I just wished it was longer. By the way, did we forget about the dude in the coma that Sakurako was talking to or did they already cover that and I somehow forgot about it. Because I feel like that should've been addressed a bit more.

I think I'll give it an 8/10 simply because I like mysteries and I like bones. It would've had a higher rating but I watched this almost immeadiately after I watched the new Star Wars: Episode VII movie and it was awesome.

This spoiler is for the people who stuck around after the ending song and saw what I saw
Dec 23, 2015 11:30 PM

Aug 2014
Haha, it was nice to be on this journey with you all. While the animation may look fantastic, I felt disappointed on this series, perhaps I set my expectations too high for this anime. It all started with the fake synopsis in the beginning that stated about the adventures of a guy and his bone-loving girlfriend which made me anxious to watch it. However, it was a whole other story that I bargained for... I would really like to say whoever wrote the synopsis in the beginning to go f**k themselves lol

Anyways, the animation was spot on as expected from studio bones; however what made it a little hard to watch was the stupidity of some characters (Stares at Yuriko) or a guy who acts like a girl (Stares at Shoutarou). My experience got a little worse when I became a shipper (I am guilty of this and does not pertain to how the anime performed). Aside from that, it has a very good opening theme song and as I said before, a good animation; what drags it down (sadly) would be the incompetence of the Male Main Character, the above average plot, lastly the rinse, wash and repeat scenario. Overall this series deserves: 7/10-7.25/10

Side Note: The Ending was kind of surprising, Hanabusa looks like the final boss.. And I am glad Shoutarou and Sakurako got a bit closer
ElectricRedDec 23, 2015 11:43 PM
Dec 24, 2015 12:30 AM

Aug 2014
No! This is not the ending I expected! I want more about Sakurako, not the Boi!
So when the second season will be aired?
Dec 24, 2015 12:43 AM

Mar 2015
If no season 2, worst ending ever.
Dec 24, 2015 1:10 AM

Jun 2015

Looks like shounen finally confessed....

And also want to be protected...... wait, what??

Huh? which one is the prince and the princess here?
Dec 24, 2015 1:47 AM

Jan 2013
Animation was nice, everything else was decent/pretty good. Glad I watched it.
Dec 24, 2015 1:56 AM

Jul 2014
Talk about a wasted finale. Pretty much disregarding the plot to focus way too much on flashbacks that should have come up long before now if they were going to be at all relevant. What was the point of the previous episode and the Hanabusa revelations if they just disregard it all like that?

7/10, even if much of this finale was totally pointless.
Dec 24, 2015 1:59 AM

Jan 2014
KaoruMatsuoka said:
I thought being antisocial would make her bad at predicting how people would act, not better at it

Observing human behaviour and society as an outsider, or partaking in it, are two entirely different things. You CAN be a social armchair general.

It's paradoxal, but still true.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 24, 2015 2:26 AM
May 2015
Season 2? Welcome to the Abyss
Dec 24, 2015 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
I liked the first half to see how they met but the second not so much, I'm glad that they didn't rush it with her catching Hanabusa even though I think the series would be way better if it focused on him. I'm looking forward to a second season if there is any and as a final note Shoutaro is kind of a creep tbh with the staring at her house at night and whatever but I'm glad she doesn't see him in a romantic way at all. 7/10
Dec 24, 2015 4:25 AM

Jun 2013
in the final episode we get to see how they met
Dec 24, 2015 5:01 AM

Feb 2014
This show really deserves to have a second season to continue the story, but looking at the Amazon stalker sales estimates, I have doubts that a second season will ever be made. D=

Anyway, the final episode was pretty nice, despite the rushed pace throughout. It was interesting to see how Shoutarou first met Sakurako and how he would always walk past hers as he dealt with his boring everyday life.

And it was the words that Sakurako told him in the flashback that helped inspire him to reunite with Sakurako herself.

Overall, the show did have cases that was a little dull and average at times, but others cases, as with episodes 10 and 11, were great. Same goes for the art and animation, which was consistently brilliant.

7/10 overall and it really needed more appearances from Yuriko. =3
Dec 24, 2015 5:25 AM

Sep 2013
What a shitty end,we got some nobody cares flashback and some stupid feels who didn't got me
This anime overall was bad,great draw and that's probably the only thing good,the rest was just terrible,first the character who was atleast boring but some were really annoying like the 2 terrible main characters(the character i liked the most was the fucking dog,like really...),the story(if we can call it like that)was empty and cliché at the end and i feel like i wasted some time of my life with this anime.

4/10 and looks like we're gonna got a season 2 by the look of the last 10 secs but i'm not gonna watch it anyway.

PS:Atleast i got a nice wallpaper from this shitty anime :p http://puu.sh/m7836/c88f71f9cd.jpg
Deep dark fantasies
Dec 24, 2015 5:25 AM

Jan 2013
My Sakurako-san review:

5/10.
What a bland show...
Dec 24, 2015 6:10 AM

Feb 2012
a season 2, yeah? will gladly watch
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 24, 2015 9:32 AM

Feb 2015
I loved this anime! and I'm sad that it's over.
Dec 24, 2015 9:48 AM

Dec 2013
Many things are left unexplained..well, that wasn't the kind of ending i wanted to see..or rather,that wasn't a proper ending for such a good mystery anime..
Hope there will be a S2..
Dec 24, 2015 10:05 AM
Sep 2009
This show could have been so much better if it wasnt just 12 filler episodes. Too bad.
Dec 24, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
The finale felt prettier than the previous episodes in terms of animation. Felt like the lighting and shadows were more dynamic.

Other than that small note, pretty disappointing last episode. They didn't really do anything with Hanabusa and didn't really end in a way a 2nd season will happen. Even though it's unseen content and their first meeting was nice a flashback episode for a finale is pretty meh.

7/10 since sakurako is awesome.
Dec 24, 2015 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
Alright final episode and an open ending.
6/10
Dec 24, 2015 5:15 PM

Apr 2014
Last episode didn't really do it for me.
---------My Profile------------
Dec 24, 2015 7:35 PM

Feb 2013
Man, what the hell is this?

First episodes were good and I was like "Whoa, we got a candidate for the AOTS.", but its so repetative and I dont really like Shoutarou. And final episode? Past between main characters was fine and stuff, but it took whole episode! What is going on with Hanabusa? Who was Shoutarou that was so close to Sakurako and died?

This episode just buried all.

Well, at least we got great heroine. Sakurako with Ougi-chan are female characters of the season, imo.
Dec 24, 2015 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
eye candy that is all
6/10
Dec 24, 2015 11:15 PM

Mar 2014
I need a second season!!!

IS THERE A LIGHT NOVEL OR MANGA (TRANSLATED) THAT I CAN READ?!?
Dec 24, 2015 11:36 PM

Oct 2011
Hanabusa did the thing OMG OMG

SEASON 2 WHEN!!!!!!!!!
Dec 25, 2015 12:13 AM

Jun 2013
Shoutarou's stupid speech at the end inundated me with reasons why I want to punch him in the face so badly. It wasn't moving at all, I've read lots of manga and seen a lot of Anime, movies, series, etc. that had moving speeches but his dragged on and was such a bore.

The ending felt rushed and don't tell me we're going to have a second season because I felt Subete Ga F Ni Naru really nailed the "mystery" genre for this season than Sakurako-san did.
臭い-
Dec 25, 2015 12:44 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
There are two kinds of mysteries, the atmospheric type and the solving cases type. Sakurako-san of course falls into the latter, but I can't say it did well in this regard. There was more drama than mystery, and depending on the person, that could be good or bad. I enjoy dramas, even melodramas, but the drama in this series was mostly a miss for me. Mostly because as some have already said, I couldn't feel anything for the characters. I think part of that is the script, there's a lot of people telling Sakurako or each other that they don't understand. How many times did we see Shoutarou react the same way to Sakurako's lack of sympathy when finding human bones? There was also that one episode where Kougami did the same to Isozaki-sensei.

The overarching plot though seems interesting, but we were barely introduced to it throughout the series, and pretty much only found out anything in episode 11, and then seeing Hanabusa at the very end of the last episode. While there few episodes that I liked and some interesting lines were said (particularly in this episode), it was overall, nothing special.
tingyDec 25, 2015 12:47 AM
Dec 25, 2015 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
7/10 for me :D, but I liked this anime, enjoyed it. xD

Dec 25, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
Interesting episode finally learning about how Shoutarou and Sakurako met because come on we all were pretty interested in how someone like Shoutarou met someone like Sakurako and it really enjoyed this flashback that also ended being a reminder for Shoutarou and we get a good ending with them sticking together through this and of course hopefully we get a second season with that welcome to the abyss and seriously I was hoping for some conclusion to the Hanabusa thing but hopefully there will be a second season and we will focus more on that since this does feel like more of an intro season to what can come. Overall I really enjoyed the episode and definitely enjoyed the season and would welcome a season 2.

Here is my full review on the episode and overall season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffeK1wMDuxI&feature=youtu.be
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2015

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.