Forum Settings
Forums

New 'D.Gray-man' Animated Series Announced For 2016

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 20, 2015 2:18 PM

Mar 2011
Hell yes. I'm glad to know this is the sequel and not a remake. And thank god for this since I'm too lazy to read the manga.
Dec 20, 2015 2:25 PM

Sep 2015
Jump should have waited the manga end so they can adapt all of the serie, no need to rush things.

Meanwhile they should adapt some finished manga, like Claymore.
Dec 20, 2015 2:42 PM

Jan 2012
For fours years i have been in mal,this is the best news i have heard from Stark700 ever

What a good day for us fans and what a bad day for haters, i remember some users telling me to give up dgm will never get anime continuation lol.

Dec 20, 2015 3:03 PM

May 2014
Well I was already planning on watching D.Gray-man sometime but this makes me want to watch it sooner lol
Dec 20, 2015 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
What a relief. Man this is seriously the news of the month for me. The change in voice cast is a little concerning but I hope it's for the better. I almost lost hope about this series ever getting an anime continuation. A complete remake would've been even better since the old series kinda falls short of the manga's quality.
Dec 20, 2015 3:40 PM

Aug 2012
I´M SO DAMN HAPPY I CAN´T EVEN

My dream will come true... My lovely, beloved Alma... Animated... <3

I´m really curious about the new seiyuu. The ones from the 2006 series are awesome. I hope this new cast can be as good as they were.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Dec 20, 2015 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
I AM SO FRIGGIN' EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDD. IS THIS A DREAM OMG

DGM has always been my most favorite series to date. I cannot believe this is happening. <33 I've waited so long for this. :'))))))
Dec 20, 2015 4:26 PM
Feb 2013
Oh yeah! Now we gotta pray for Hoshino to finish it. Hiatus never come back plox.
Dec 20, 2015 6:00 PM
Dec 2014
Face_Faith said:
Oqula said:

Lol I was just thinking, 'wow D.Gray-man finally comes back, but KHR is forever forgotten.'

Not sure if somebody mentioned it yet (I didn't read through all the pages here), but new KHR! goods have suddenly started being produced/sold again recently, so many people are expecting that something is going to happen soon. Hopefully it's not just another stage adaption... If they'd create something new anime-related, I do hope they don't change the seiyuu like for this series here, since they didn't cast many popular ones back then (especially when it comes to the main cast).
Your making My heart Beat Very Very Fast pls Don't Play with My emotions Like this :'(
Dec 20, 2015 6:09 PM
Dec 2014
[quote=Darklight0303][quote=Cherishire][quote=Face_Faith]
Oqula said:
lord23 said:
Now if We can Get KHR to Come Back it will Make a lot of Us Happy :)

KHR's manga ended very badly. Don't hold your breath
Okay Hold it there My friend, Just A few days ago, You would have said the Same, thing About DGM and its hiatus ( pls don't act high and Mighty here ) lets Not start fights here, its a good Day right now.
lord23Dec 20, 2015 6:13 PM
Dec 20, 2015 6:23 PM

Dec 2008
I'm too excited for the series to come back.
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Dec 20, 2015 6:30 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I guess I'll start on this series soon then :D
Dec 20, 2015 6:35 PM

Aug 2011
Fantastic news!! I dropped the manga a long while ago because I believed it'd never be continued due to hiatuses/cancellations, so now that's publishing again I'm probably going to pick it up again!

As for the anime, I'll stick with the manga until the new series airs. No reason to get used to the seiyuu if they're planning on changing them.

Dec 20, 2015 6:59 PM

Apr 2008
[quote=lord23][quote=Darklight0303][quote=Cherishire]
Face_Faith said:
Oqula said:

KHR's manga ended very badly. Don't hold your breath
Okay Hold it there My friend, Just A few days ago, You would have said the Same, thing About DGM and its hiatus ( pls don't act high and Mighty here ) lets Not start fights here, its a good Day right now.

No I wouldn't because DGM went on an indefinite hiatus. The potential for it to come back was there even if low.

KHR on the other hand ended horribly in the source material. That's why I would not hold my breath for its anime coming back.
Dec 20, 2015 8:22 PM
Dec 2014
[quote=Darklight0303][quote=lord23][quote=Darklight0303][quote=Cherishire][quote=Face_Faith]
Oqula said:
lord23 said:
Now if We can Get KHR to Come Back it will Make a lot of Us Happy :)
No I wouldn't because DGM went on an indefinite hiatus. The potential for it to come back was there even if low.

KHR on the other hand ended horribly in the source material. That's why I would not hold my breath for its anime coming back.
I Don't Believe That, But we will see what The Future holds
( I don't Plan to get into an argument with You about This Since I also Love DGM ) I actually Never believed DGM would Come back,Because indefinite hiatus But as of Today I Might Take the words of Face_Faith to heart.
Dec 20, 2015 8:39 PM

Aug 2010
YESSS! Admittedly, none of the stuff coming up is as good as the chapters that were already adapted, but I had given up on a sequel. Hopefully Reborn! gets a sequel next!

That said...why switch Allen's voice actress?
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 21, 2015 12:34 AM

Jun 2014
EXCUSE ME I MUST SCREAM!!!!

D.Gray-Man got me hooked on anime when I started watching last year, and I'm so fucking happy it's gonna return! Is this real life or is this fantasy?
Dec 21, 2015 1:44 AM

Jul 2007

Its a completely new production cast, so yeah.

As hoshino puts it its a remake that is a continuation - continuing from where it left off but with new production cast.
Dec 21, 2015 2:36 AM

Dec 2009
AWWWWW YEAHHH IM SO HAPPY ^O^ D Gray Man... the fond memories.. :"O -wiping away tears-

I don't really care if it's a remake or continuation, I'm just happy they're working on it again. And the PV!!! LOOK AT HOW BEAUTIFUL THE CHARACTERS LOOK -crying-

I really love the two seiyuus here, so no problems with the casting for me. Also it helps that Allen is finally voiced by a guy... :") Sorry to those people who will miss the old seiyuus :( But we should expect that they will fit the character well, I mean I was worried about the HxH remake as well (I know some of you were) and look how wonderful it turned out ^^

Edit: OH YES I think we should definitely expect something from KHR. I mean it was a pretty much dead fandom for so many years, why else would they suddenly be releasing new goods on it? :"D -wild hopes and dreams emerge-
RitsuDec 21, 2015 2:42 AM
Dec 21, 2015 2:45 AM

Feb 2013
I guess thats a good reason to start the first season

Dec 21, 2015 2:50 AM

Apr 2008
I will still hold hope that Itou Shizuka makes a comeback as Lenalee. Everyone else can burn
Dec 21, 2015 3:51 AM

Jul 2013
Just keep Shizuka Itou and I will be happy.
Dec 21, 2015 4:25 AM
Dec 2015
Vael said:

Edit: OH YES I think we should definitely expect something from KHR. I mean it was a pretty much dead fandom for so many years, why else would they suddenly be releasing new goods on it? :"D -wild hopes and dreams emerge-

KHR's writer ran out of ideas. It was obvious to anyone reading the manga. It is better to end it on a good note, than to have others throw stones at it if ended badly for the anime and manga both.
Dec 21, 2015 5:05 AM

Apr 2008
zxy5 said:
Vael said:

KHR's writer ran out of ideas. It was obvious to anyone reading the manga. It is better to end it on a good note, than to have others throw stones at it if ended badly for the anime and manga both.

Exactly. The end of the future arc was the best ending point. Especially given the manga ended with Tsuna's developmen going STRAIGHT down the drain and resolving ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Dec 21, 2015 5:13 AM

Oct 2013
Could never get into it tbh but this is great news for the fans.

2015/2016 is the year for reviving old franchises in anime,tv show, and video gaames.

its been good year for announcements, now all thats left is the execution and FF7 looking weird atm.....hope the rest holds out.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Dec 21, 2015 5:14 AM

Oct 2013
Perhaps it'll be like HxH 2011. They'll remake all the previous arcs and adapt the new ones.
Dec 21, 2015 5:40 AM

May 2008
YES remake idm that !
Dec 21, 2015 6:25 AM
Jul 2014
wouldn't minded a remake hough the first 50 episodes or o of the orginal series had its problems
Dec 21, 2015 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
Ciphra-XIII said:
wouldn't minded a remake hough the first 50 episodes or o of the orginal series had its problems

Would be on board for that too
Dec 21, 2015 6:58 AM

Jul 2013
AdaptiveMarrow8 said:
Did Allen become a bishounen?

He always was one.
Dec 21, 2015 9:56 AM

Jul 2007
AdaptiveMarrow8 said:

That's what adulthood is?
They did a FMA where the character's design slowly changes through the story.

AhenshihaelDec 21, 2015 3:15 PM
Dec 21, 2015 10:06 AM

Feb 2015
Hope they make the anime dark and mature.Really hoping for a Crisp Animation.

TOO much Hype for 2016.
Dec 21, 2015 11:29 AM
Dec 2014
zxy5 said:
Vael said:

I rather have a complete story ( No matter how others saw it ) then a half ass ending that Keeps secrets ( I just Don't buy that Notion its complete BS to me)
Dec 21, 2015 2:44 PM

Jan 2014
Does anybody know if they are gonna start all over again from the start, or start where it left off ?
Dec 21, 2015 2:46 PM

Jul 2012
Fai said:

Its a completely new production cast, so yeah.

As hoshino puts it its a remake that is a continuation - continuing from where it left off but with new production cast.
NOOOO SAKURAI TAKAHIRO!!!!! :( MY BABYYY
Dec 21, 2015 7:15 PM

Feb 2015
This is all i wanted!! (♥_♥) They should continue it again n again... Never stop... just again n again ^_^
I seriously was't expecting this.. Yay advance christmas surprise ♥
Dec 21, 2015 7:25 PM

Jan 2010
After all this years?! T^T worth my damn fudgeking time waiting patiently!

Dec 21, 2015 9:29 PM

Dec 2015
Best Christmas present ever!!!!!!!
Dec 21, 2015 10:21 PM

May 2015
Time for a rewatch LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2015 11:37 PM
N/A

Jan 2014
This was very unexpected but I love it. Really looking forward to it.

zurgboy00 said:
Time for a rewatch LOL

Pretty much.
Dec 22, 2015 12:57 AM

Jun 2009
Although it is too late, although it might even suck, STILL I am SOOOOO HAPPY :'D
Dec 22, 2015 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
Mayuka said:
Face_Faith said:

He was 14 years old if I remember correctly, so the chances for a female seiyuu are high. Most of all, I cannot imagine any other seiyuu both pulling off his role in normal mode and in HDWM.
And aside from Sawada, I think it's safe to say that there is no one else who can say "juudaime" or "kamikorosu" or "VOOOOOOI" or "kufufu" and all these catchphrases that were being said so frequently with the same impact...
Ayumu Murase.

Or even Yonaga Tsubasa.

Huh...? I mention why male seiyuu are unlikely to be cast and that, on top of that, existing fans will hardly deem anyone else's acting to be good enough for a character whom they have been connecting with a certain voice for years or be even slightly happy about any sort of cast change (which is evident when reading the responses to this series here getting a new anime and gyakuten saiban's anime adaption), and you mention Murase again and another male seiyuu? Is this a misquote perhaps...?

Darklight0303 said:

lord23 said:
Your making My heart Beat Very Very Fast pls Don't Play with My emotions Like this :'(

Who knows, maybe it won't be the anime, but the manga to come back? I mean, I doubt it, but I'd prefer that, haha. The art used for the newly released goods is more anime-related, so I'd assume that whatever may happen may be anime-related as well.
It's also possible that Amano is successful with her new work(s) (maybe that will be getting an adaption or whatever, rather than KHR!) and since new fans might be looking into her other/past works as well, the KHR! staff might have thought it's a good idea to release new stuff.

If it's a stage adaption (which is likely, since any remotely popular series is getting one recently), I doubt people on this site will even notice, though...
I can also imagine that they release new goods and act depending on how well they sell.
So in the above cases, it's possible that something happens but nobody on MAL at least is even noticing or that the production side is up for something, however the fans' wallets aren't.
Dec 22, 2015 5:59 PM

Jul 2012
and you mention Murase again and another male seiyuu? Is this a misquote perhaps...?
Ayumu would be good for KHR's main male
Dec 24, 2015 12:02 AM

Aug 2008
OMG!! So excited!! I hope they follow everything from the manga.
Dec 24, 2015 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
naice even though I kinda disliked d.grayman
Dec 24, 2015 8:48 AM

Apr 2015
Fai said:
AdaptiveMarrow8 said:

This..is actually really cool.I didn't really notice it except that he tied his hair when I read the manga lol.
Dec 24, 2015 9:09 AM

Jul 2007
ChongCZH said:
Fai said:

This..is actually really cool.I didn't really notice it except that he tied his hair when I read the manga lol.

Yeah, that's the trick with "aging character designs".

With FMA people also don't notice it until people post a comparison
Dec 25, 2015 12:40 PM

Apr 2015
This have been the best news I have heard since the manga has come out of the hiatus!
Really hyped about this!
Dec 25, 2015 9:22 PM
Sep 2007
Don't remember about FMA, but in DGM, it's just that author improved her drawing style over the years.

Btw, miss Lavi.

And Lenalee vs Eshi, one of best shonen fights ever.
Dec 28, 2015 4:30 AM
Jun 2012
TTnTT All the voice actors from first season will be gone TTnTT D grey man will never be the same again TTnTT. But well i still love D grey man and will look forward to watching the new season next year. if the are changing the voice actors i would actually rather they do a remake from the start then end at where the manga is now. Not only its easier to get used to the voice, d grey man fans can enjoy the anime for a longer time
JulietTalyorDec 28, 2015 4:36 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Catalano »»
3 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.