Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I feel bad for Raikou this episode lol..facing dangers everywhere he goes.

Lol, I can't believe Raikou got turned into the size of a doll, probably even smaller. Seriously, I think he's like the size of a hand. Silly. This episode felt fillerish again but was quite amusing.
Stark700Dec 11, 2015 9:38 AM
Dec 11, 2015 9:42 AM
Feb 2015
While the episode was funny i'm starting to get bored with the lack of direction of the story.
Dec 11, 2015 9:58 AM

Jan 2015
That Raikou-sama became like a Momotaro. LOL.
MasceraDec 11, 2015 10:02 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 11, 2015 10:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That poor turtle lol

Another filler type of episode but it was funny for the most part
Dec 11, 2015 10:51 AM
Mar 2008
Why is Guren no Tsuki so boring until now and so unfaithful to the Honoo no Kokuin (or even the Tokusatsu Series)?
Dec 11, 2015 11:00 AM
Aug 2014
When mini-Raikou appeared I knew he would end up in Seimei's oppai.
Dec 11, 2015 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Raikou, he became smaller than a doll!
Dec 11, 2015 2:46 PM

Mar 2009
dm106 said:
When mini-Raikou appeared I knew he would end up in Seimei's oppai.

Lucky bastard...
Dec 11, 2015 4:45 PM

Jan 2008
Now I want a mini Garo...oh wait, they do make them, in action figure form! So...next week we'll finally get a different Makai Knight it seems.
Dec 11, 2015 5:43 PM
Feb 2015
4kicks said:
Now I want a mini Garo...oh wait, they do make them, in action figure form! So...next week we'll finally get a different Makai Knight it seems.

Which is actually good cause i'm starting to wonder what or where Yasusuke disappeared into. I was even starting to doubt if Yasusuke will even do something. Though i guess it means he's no longer a thief or maybe he's going to do both.
Dec 11, 2015 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
Mini Garo looked so cute ahaha xD
I wonder how cute would be a mini Seimei ahah
Another great episode ;)
When the anime will end airing i will probably start to read the manga.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 11, 2015 9:17 PM

Sep 2012
Noooooooooooooo, Turtle-kun! May you RIP in pieces.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Dec 11, 2015 9:57 PM

Nov 2012
Another average episode, but it seems that a new makai knight might show up on the next episode.
Dec 11, 2015 11:22 PM
Jun 2011
RIP Mr. Turtle ('_')7
Dec 12, 2015 12:02 AM
Feb 2015
AivanK said:
Mini Garo looked so cute ahaha xD
I wonder how cute would be a mini Seimei ahah
Another great episode ;)
When the anime will end airing i will probably start to read the manga.

There's no manga for Garo.
Dec 12, 2015 2:49 AM

Jul 2015
Poor turtle... RIP.
Dec 12, 2015 3:52 AM

Jan 2011
Turtle was one of my favourite characters.
Dec 12, 2015 4:59 AM

Apr 2012
Not the turtle ;_;

Gotta say pretty dissapointed so far compared to the first season of Garo. A real shame.
Dec 12, 2015 7:32 AM
Sep 2015
i cant believe they ate the turtle ;_;
Dec 12, 2015 10:07 AM

Jun 2013
damn why they had to eat the turtle
Dec 12, 2015 5:52 PM

May 2014
MahadoKusanagi said:
Why is Guren no Tsuki so boring until now and so unfaithful to the Honoo no Kokuin (or even the Tokusatsu Series)?

Guren no Tsuki was never intended to have any continuity or relation to Honoo no Kokuin.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 13, 2015 4:16 AM
Mar 2008
KazuhoYoshii said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Guren no Tsuki was never intended to have any continuity or relation to Honoo no Kokuin.

Did you read what i wrote? Honoo no Kokuin has no "Relation" or "Continuity" (as you put it) with Makai Senki, but still is Honoo no Kokuin very faithful to Makai Senki or all other Garo Series in terms of the overall feeling. And that was my point. Why was that so hard to understand?
Dec 13, 2015 2:55 PM

Feb 2015
The episode was ok, i liked it.
I will finish this show, maybe we can get some good fights at some point if we are lucky.
Also looking forward to Garo Movie Divine Flame wich looks very nice. =)
A true man never dies.
Dec 13, 2015 7:01 PM
Feb 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:
KazuhoYoshii said:

Did you read what i wrote? Honoo no Kokuin has no "Relation" or "Continuity" (as you put it) with Makai Senki, but still is Honoo no Kokuin very faithful to Makai Senki or all other Garo Series in terms of the overall feeling. And that was my point. Why was that so hard to understand?

Hmm i were to give reasons, i'd say it's probably because of
A) they're trying something different. We still don't know what's the plot for this season. Which i'm hoping that we can get some light shed to us perhaps around the next 2 weeks. This episode, Yorinobu got his uselessness shed to him. Next episode Yasusuke becomes a Makai Knight. So i'm expecting that they should at least give us a direction in the following episode or it'll be stupid big time.

B) they're trying to set up a universe each for the anime. They might do a 2nd and 3rd season for both the anime. Probably to try and mimic the success of Makai Senki, which utilized all the past casts together into one story. Though not sure if that'll work well like Makai Senki cause they'll need a plot that can withhold that.

c) Amemiya isn't taking part in Guren no Tsuki. In Honoo no Kokuin, Amemiya took a small part in it hence the quality was there. But in Guren no Tsuki, Amemya didn't take part in its planning or setting. Mainly cause Amemiya is focusing on other Garo projects.

One of the above reasons.
Dec 14, 2015 6:10 AM
Mar 2008
ixarising said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Hmm i were to give reasons, i'd say it's probably because of
A) they're trying something different. We still don't know what's the plot for this season. Which i'm hoping that we can get some light shed to us perhaps around the next 2 weeks. This episode, Yorinobu got his uselessness shed to him. Next episode Yasusuke becomes a Makai Knight. So i'm expecting that they should at least give us a direction in the following episode or it'll be stupid big time.

B) they're trying to set up a universe each for the anime. They might do a 2nd and 3rd season for both the anime. Probably to try and mimic the success of Makai Senki, which utilized all the past casts together into one story. Though not sure if that'll work well like Makai Senki cause they'll need a plot that can withhold that.

c) Amemiya isn't taking part in Guren no Tsuki. In Honoo no Kokuin, Amemiya took a small part in it hence the quality was there. But in Guren no Tsuki, Amemya didn't take part in its planning or setting. Mainly cause Amemiya is focusing on other Garo projects.

One of the above reasons.

1) Sure could they try something different. But look at Garo Yami o terasu mono (AKA Garo 3). They tried something different than Makai Senki (Garo 2) and Garo (1) and it still worked because it felt like Garo as the fans knew it. Even so, Yami o Terasu Mono is its own series apart from Makai Senki. Makai no Hana (that came afte Yami o) is not even part of Yami o as a sequel or something but part of Makai Senki. And still, Yami o Terasu Mono worked well. So the argument "because they are trying something different" doesnt work that well......watch Yami o Terasu Mono for that.

2) See 1). They can set Honoo no Kokuin and Guren no Tsuki apart, as different universes. Which would be good if they could do it the same way like the Makai Senki Universe and the Yami o Terasu Mono Universe. Basically different, but still feels the same as we knew it before. So, there is no excuse why they dont even try to catch the feel of the original Garo in Guren no Tsuki.

3)THAT is the best argument. If Amemiya isnt taking part in it, then there is not surprise why Guren no Tsuki doesnt feel like Garo at all even though having Garo in it. It just proves that only Amemiya can actualy do it.
Dec 15, 2015 6:51 PM
Feb 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:
1) Sure could they try something different. But look at Garo Yami o terasu mono (AKA Garo 3). They tried something different than Makai Senki (Garo 2) and Garo (1) and it still worked because it felt like Garo as the fans knew it. Even so, Yami o Terasu Mono is its own series apart from Makai Senki. Makai no Hana (that came afte Yami o) is not even part of Yami o as a sequel or something but part of Makai Senki. And still, Yami o Terasu Mono worked well. So the argument "because they are trying something different" doesnt work that well......watch Yami o Terasu Mono for that.

2) See 1). They can set Honoo no Kokuin and Guren no Tsuki apart, as different universes. Which would be good if they could do it the same way like the Makai Senki Universe and the Yami o Terasu Mono Universe. Basically different, but still feels the same as we knew it before. So, there is no excuse why they dont even try to catch the feel of the original Garo in Guren no Tsuki.

3)THAT is the best argument. If Amemiya isnt taking part in it, then there is not surprise why Guren no Tsuki doesnt feel like Garo at all even though having Garo in it. It just proves that only Amemiya can actualy do it.

1) When i said different i said a completely different feel to the entire Garo franchise. Guren no Tsuki has been functioning quite differently from the other series, even the first anime itself. Garo usually avoids having a large amount of relevant cast in their first show but here they introduced so many without any consideration.

2) Exactly, they're going with something original but currently it's not well accepted by fans.

3) Yes since he's the man that started this franchise after all.
Dec 16, 2015 4:40 AM
Jul 2013
wtf... that ending lol. rip turtle.
Dec 16, 2015 12:52 PM
Mar 2008
ixarising said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

1) When i said different i said a completely different feel to the entire Garo franchise. Guren no Tsuki has been functioning quite differently from the other series, even the first anime itself. Garo usually avoids having a large amount of relevant cast in their first show but here they introduced so many without any consideration.

2) Exactly, they're going with something original but currently it's not well accepted by fans.

3) Yes since he's the man that started this franchise after all.

1. Whats the point then on calling it "Garo"? Just because it has "Garo" in it? If it doesnt feel like Garo, then there is no point for the Anime to be called Garo since at that point it can be substituted with any other title. It can be in the world it wants, in the dimension it wants, have the cast it wants, whatever. But it has to feel like Garo to be actually Garo. And Guren no Tsuki could be called anything else but not Garo. Thats the actual difference.

2. Its not wel accepted by fans because of the feel of it. See 1)

3. And therefore Guren no Tsuki should have waited until Amemiya is back.
Dec 17, 2015 5:15 AM
Feb 2015
MahadoKusanagi said:
1. Whats the point then on calling it "Garo"? Just because it has "Garo" in it? If it doesnt feel like Garo, then there is no point for the Anime to be called Garo since at that point it can be substituted with any other title. It can be in the world it wants, in the dimension it wants, have the cast it wants, whatever. But it has to feel like Garo to be actually Garo. And Guren no Tsuki could be called anything else but not Garo. Thats the actual difference.

2. Its not wel accepted by fans because of the feel of it. See 1)

3. And therefore Guren no Tsuki should have waited until Amemiya is back.

Exactly, they tried to do a different feel to the series and without Amemiya's help hence why Garo Guren no Tsuki has no Garo feel to it. It became like some random anime with Garo (the armor) in it only.
Dec 21, 2015 7:15 AM

Oct 2008
poor soft shelled turtle
3/5.

Dec 21, 2015 7:25 AM
Feb 2015
matias067 said:
poor soft shelled turtle
3/5.

Well anime always never lets the best character get the spot light.
Mar 12, 2016 8:52 PM

Sep 2011
the episode was ok, though they stole that joke with the turtle from ippo with takamura and the bear, like almost identically.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 11, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
Oh shit that monk has been eating shorties

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Guren no Tsuki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2015

17 by Baoyeuconpo9999 »»
Jan 24, 2023 12:07 AM

» Can someone pm me if the show ever gets good?

dissipated - Nov 29, 2015

2 by dragynfaerie »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:32 PM

Poll: » Garo: Guren no Tsuki Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

27 by dragynfaerie »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:22 PM

Poll: » Garo: Guren no Tsuki Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

27 by dragynfaerie »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:16 PM

Poll: » Garo: Guren no Tsuki Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

50 by hiraishinx »»
Sep 14, 2020 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.