Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »
Sep 12, 2013 7:33 PM
Dec 2011
So i just finished the series s1 - s1.5 - s2... how i very much liked the first season and the 4 episode middle part.

I really disliked season 2 not only is the story somewhat vague but too much of the time do the viewer follow some small girl who through out the series is trying to identify
her own sexuallity. The viewer is trough out the entire show presented to somewhat awkward sexual situations. Which i found in 12 episode season with a lot going on just felt out of place and annoying.

overall i will give this 5 overall for still having a nice art and decent music.
But the story in it self i would give a 2/10 cause that felt nothing like s1 or s.1.5 and the s2 story alone dosnt make sense without the other 2, so thats why i will rate it so low.
Sep 25, 2013 11:21 AM

Jul 2013
Inferior to the prior ones, but was worth the watch still.

Like the only time I wanted the loli to end up with the main guy. Hei is one of the best main males I've seen and Yin was actually also pretty awesome, even if both were somewhat diminished in s2.

Half a season of Hei being drunkard etc. isn't too unrealistic, in fact considering grieving and all, pretty realistic.
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Sep 27, 2013 5:09 PM

Aug 2012
Phew! That was too painful to watch. They screwed up the series real bad.
I sticked till the end out of my love for the first season and now I need M.E. to get rid of these horrifying memories.
For me Darker Than Black ended with the first season.

I recommend reading Darker than Black: Shikkoku no Hana to anyone who is disappointed with the second season. The manga takes place after the first season and it's nothing like the second season. I think it's great.
alpirSep 30, 2013 2:57 PM
Sep 28, 2013 4:21 AM

Aug 2013
I think it was pretty good, same as full DTB:rng. I dont understand why people hate so much on this. Maybe its not the same like first season and you may feel different but its beautifull what shion did at the end. I want season 3, seriously. Im so interested with that what will happen to Suou that new yin (?) and hei.
Sep 28, 2013 6:19 AM

Oct 2012
I'm too lazy to read all pages, was there some explanation somewhere to clear this "WTF" feeling?
The "Second Earth" thing seems kinda legit, but still there is a lot of WTF in this episode.
Oct 4, 2013 4:24 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm no comment about the ending. Overall 9/10. A good series.
Oct 11, 2013 9:59 PM

Sep 2010
I did not like the ending at all, and I also disliked that they made Suou the MC of this season instead of Hei. They need to have another season, or OVA or something to clear all this up, but they probably won't. :\
Nov 7, 2013 8:12 PM

Jan 2012
I hated it. They literally took out everything that made the first season great. If you want to know more, look up my comment for Discussion 5 of this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 10:15 PM
May 2013
WTF ? What happened to Hei ? Why ?!
Anyway I liked it ,although the ending could have been less confusing .
Dec 4, 2013 11:26 PM

Sep 2011
Not a fan of this season. First season and the OVAs were great, but if you didn't watch the OVAs before this season, as this season was aired before them, you wouldn't understand much. They took out what I loved about S1 and OVA and made it into "meh" for me.

Though the ending leaves an opening for a S3
TyrelDec 5, 2013 3:59 AM
Dec 8, 2013 8:08 AM

Jun 2010
This season was truly very different from the first one, it had a completely different aura. Most people watching the first series liked the aura it had and since this was so different um, well...
I personally liked them both as much, but I think the second season made me more hooked to it than the first one since it was so dramatic and full of plot-twists that came one after the other... It was even more confusing than the first one... In this case the "initial plot" was revealed from the start somehow in contrast to the first series that began in a very slow-paced way with various contractor missions.
In any case, I think these series was much more dramatic and moving. There were many deaths of characters it was easy to sympathize with... I almost cried at some scenes... It's true that Souo didn't have a specific purpose but in reality I think anyone could identify with her, she didn't want to kill anyone even though she was a contractor and seeing the series through her point of view made it much more dramatic since she is just a young girl!! >.< hehe, um... Sometimes I did miss the calmness of the first series since this was full of desperation though...
Also, I think the Darker than Black wiki could clear up this confusion a bit but I'm not sure since I haven't read the episode summaries yet...
FayliciaDec 8, 2013 8:12 AM
Dec 28, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2009
So, what happened is:
1- Suou died(went to heaven?) and she got her wish granted(in heaven?)/ July also died
2-I do not think Hei killed Yin since the new, evolved being, which is a mix between shion and yin was born
3-People should not complain about the ending, it's a nice ending. Though the series was a bit weak compared to the first it's still good.
Jan 2, 2014 5:09 PM

May 2012
Bretty gud. Although I would've liked for an explanation of what happened to Hei
Jan 5, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
this ending was very 'WTF??', as everyone is saying
but nothing will surpass the end of neon genesis evangelion (actually not seem an end)
many questions were not answered, instead, only more questions and doubts arose
but still very was worth seeing this season, already do a few years, but who knows not get excited and make a new season, or at least few more OVA's
________

esse final foi muito 'WTF??', como todos estão dizendo
mas nada superará o final de neon genesis evangelion (na verdade nem pareceu um final)
muitas perguntas não foram respondidas, ao contrário, somente mais perguntas e duvidas surgiram
mas mesmo assim valeu muito ter visto esta temporada, ja fazem alguns anos, mas quem sabem nao se empolgam e fazem uma nova temporada, ou pelos menos mais alguns OVA's
drama_menckJan 14, 2014 7:02 AM
Jan 19, 2014 7:35 PM

Mar 2013
Hope to see season 3 if there is. Season 2 was really 'plain' to me. I loved the first season and the ovas better. Anyway, really weird episode but it also posts some possibilities.
Jan 25, 2014 3:48 AM

Jul 2013
I'm now going to pretend that I never watched this and a sequel was never made to the first season.

This was a whole wtf style season, I can think of a million (okay maybe only about 10) different endings that would have actually made this series worth the watch. I don't care for any fan service and I like Hei better as a free man so I didn't want any love but seriously, I got absolutely nothing from what happened in the last 5 mins... Such a let down because I loved the first season, and the mini one after that, to bits.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 25, 2014 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
........ what. the.fuck?.
Feb 3, 2014 11:18 AM

Nov 2013
To everyone who's doubting that Hei and Yin were a canon pairing in the series: Yin had feelings towards Hei since she said she loves him in Gaiden 4 among other obvious facts. As far as Hei, there are too many suggestions subtle and not subtle to show that he also had romantic feelings for her. For example the cat/squirrel told Suou that everyone used to be partners back in the day but Hei and Yin were more than that. Another suggestion such as Yin holding and caressing a couple's baby in her hands and Hei looking at her and giving a smile (not something which he does often throughout the series), implying, as I would depict, that he would image her doing that to his child being the child's mother in some future. More obvious suggestions like Hei always stuttering when talking about Yin in the 2nd season, the characters referring to her as his girlfriend (even out of context), him trying to come to her as the main objective of the 2nd season, etc. Just because it wasn't clearly talked upon in the series doesn't mean it's not true.

Hei always tried to protect his sister and Suou (who, as he said, reminded him of his sister and himself), but also Yin. Other characters like Amber just circled around him since he is pretty pimpy.

As far as whether the author planned on Yin dying at the end, we can't say for certain due to interpretation but considering that smile Hei and Izanami shared at the end of season 2, I would say that Hei sorted things out without murder or at the very least just killed the black Yin (Izanami) and not the real Yin (the white one) - since Yin/Izanami did reincarnate into to a boy version.

Anyway, good series. Watched all of it in less than a week. Wanted something dark, and although it had depressing moments, it was still a great series. No rating, just an amazing series.
Apr 2, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2013
Oh goddammit! This was a beautiful series and theyve almost destroyed it with this open ending! They literally closed none of the questions I had and while there isnt a doubt in my mind that Hei didnt kill Yin, I wanted to SEE this and their future together. God fucking dammit I hate open endings.
May 22, 2014 8:19 PM
Oct 2013
What just happened here?
Jul 7, 2014 3:37 PM

Oct 2013
This could have been one of the worst anime endings I've ever seen. Really everyone dies but they live in a fantasy land fucking terrible
Episode was ok untill the ending
I really enjoyed the anime up untill this point Suou dies , july dies, Yin is whatever happened to her Hei is jsut being fucking Hei I really hope they dont make another season you get one answer and 3 new questions kind of cringy imo I jsut dont even know 6/10
[/quote]
Jul 21, 2014 11:57 AM

Jun 2013
The scenarists wanted to make a happy end where everyone is alive and content... Failed, you can't make a dramatic effect by killing a main character and make him revive at the end.
And too questions left at the end.

However, I think this show could be good as a stand alone but not like the sequel of the serie.
Aug 5, 2014 8:23 PM
Nov 2012
That ending was disappointing. Idk, feels like the usual case where everything is hurt by the limited number of episodes more than anything else. Maybe with a little more justification I could swallow that bizarre second half of episode 12.
Aug 22, 2014 9:36 PM

Mar 2012
wtf just happened...
Kinda makes me wish I didn't even watch season 2 at all lol.
UneasyHeartAug 22, 2014 9:49 PM
Sep 7, 2014 2:45 AM

Jan 2014
Just finished watching this show yesterday, after watching the OVA's first, and though I too got that WTF feeling, I was left astonished more than clueless.

It really did feel like a totally different show from season 1, but to me at least it did feel like a natural development. The OVA's were thematically closer to season 1, but you could allready sense the mood changing.

Hisio said:
So, what happened is:
1- Suou died(went to heaven?) and she got her wish granted(in heaven?)/ July also died
2-I do not think Hei killed Yin since the new, evolved being, which is a mix between shion and yin was born
3-People should not complain about the ending, it's a nice ending. Though the series was a bit weak compared to the first it's still good.

Lots of misunderstanding here I'm afraid, and from what I read in general on these fora. I guess I got a totally different interpretation of this show's ending.

----------------------------------------
Suou did NOT go to heaven. Mme Oreille, sensing shit was eventually going to hit the fan anyway, worked together with Shion to lure out all parties and construct a massive ME device capable of storing the memories of the planet's entire population. Shion then "simply" made a copy of the whole planet, using the massive ME device, and leaving him in state of total exhaustion. Remember, renumerations are proportional to the usage of a contractor's power, and Shion's renumeration manifested as limb paralysis, but probably was physical detorioration in general. Copying something as large a a fully inhabited planet, would have had its consequences.

Proceedingly, again using the massive ME device, and striking a deal with Izanami, Suou's consciousness was transferred to her copy on Earth II, similar to how her old memories were implanted in the Shion copy: the "flawed" copy Shion made of himself, fearing his physical body would be destroyed by the meteor strike. His father managed to salavage his original body though, so the "flawed" female copy was left as a spare, which they then used to implant with Shion's dead sister's memories and added artificial memories.

In summary, Suou didn't go anywere, she died and part of her memories were transfered to a second copy on a copy of Earth. If anything she went to "Hell", which makes sense as they were in Hell's gate.

----------------------------------------
There is NO new evolved being. The new being is again a simple copy of Yin by Shion, that was his end of the deal. However, similar to the "flaw" in the copy he initially made for himself, it is of the opposite sex of the original. Whether Hei killed the original Yin or managed to save her, as Shion's father had done with him, is technically unclear.

Personally I'm leaning strongly towards the option that he killed her. It is for that reason that she returned him his powers, we can see Hei zapping white Yin on ground level as Misaki approaches, and her consciousness split it would be impossible to "refit" in her physical body (located miles away as well).

====================
That said, it remains to be a very open ending. What was the Magician up to? What were Mme Orreille's motives, and more importantly, if she was Hei's CIA liaison all the time: why did she gave him all those counterproductive assignments? WTF were the Americans actually up to in general (new "energy source" is kinda vague)? Is Yin actually dead, and what about her copy?

HandsomeMan said:
To everyone who's doubting that Hei and Yin were a canon pairing in the series: Yin had feelings towards Hei since she said she loves him in Gaiden 4 among other obvious facts.

Love, does not automatically mean romantical love. At the same time the division between one "type" of love and the other is not nearly as clearly as people think. Finally, either with subs or dubs, I fear a fair bit is lost in translation.

It's still possible that they were a pairing, but I don't think they were, at least not as fixed as the OVA's might have suggested. Season 2's ending's aftermath, combined with Yin's apparent death, strongly hints towards a final Hei & Misaki coupling.

For the record, this is not wishfull thinking, as I like either pairing (maybe even a slight preference towards Hei & Yin, following the OVA's).
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 16, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
I couldn't understand a thing about this. What was the whole purpose of the second Earth anyway? Just a means of scape for people who don't want to live in the real "horrible" Earth? That looks just like submerging yourself in an illusion, kinda like Matrix.
Oct 23, 2014 3:15 AM

Jan 2014
Arkthur_us said:
I couldn't understand a thing about this. What was the whole purpose of the second Earth anyway? Just a means of scape for people who don't want to live in the real "horrible" Earth? That looks just like submerging yourself in an illusion, kinda like Matrix.

Well that's kinda the point, hence mature characters like Hei "choose" to remain on the stinky original. New Earth is real enough though, everything there is real just like Shion's copy of himself: Suou was real. It's like burning a CD rather than copying a piece of paper. Both are copies, but whereas in the case of paper copy there is a degrading of quality, on the CD, the material contained is 100% identical. Well, not 100% I guess due to write errors, but you get the point. Data can be cloned almost perfectly for countless times.

I think the original plan was to destroy Old Earth, or at least its inhabitants, so New Earth would become the sole Earth and thus the "original". Hei & Co. decided against this, but the innocent were allowed to depart on the non-stinky New Earth. Only children were actually "transferred" to New Earth.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 25, 2014 7:23 PM
Aug 2014
Told my friend i was annoyed how so many good anime just left you hanging at the end, so he recommended Darker than black to me as one with a "closed ending"...

I may kill him now...
Oct 26, 2014 4:27 AM
Jul 2018
jolec said:
wait,wait,wait... I have just realised... did Yin (both of them x_X) say, that he can still kill her ?! And than Hei smiled ?! WTF ? did she give him, his powers back just to get killed by him ?! And the most important, did he kill her ?!

I will try to explain the ending of the series. The understanding of this relies on little details that happen in the last two episodes.
"""Sorry for the gramatical and syntactical errors, english is not my native language""""
"""""This is a theory, all that i will say could not be truth, but in general is the explanation of the ending"""""

The key character in this season and in the ending is Shion. Seems that his father and the woman withh two dolls, helped him to make real his plan. Shion creates suou, probably for compassion, andhis father try to give her a life using ME and his necklace, the meteor fragment. In the story of suous there's no missunderstanding, he dies, Shion give him a life and then Shion creates the ultimate copy, the copy of the univers, but as all the copies that Shion does, it has a mistake. In the new world there's no Gates. Probably the giant monolith in the middle of the gate could be the gate opened to that world. Some way Suou and July are send to that world. Probably the gate is nullified, because of the new connection with Shion's world, that could be the plan of Shion.

Ok, now we go with Hei. he first goes for Yin, but izanami has already left his body. At this point with the confessions of youko, he seems to have already understood the plan of Shion. But Izanami is still Killing people so he goes for she. The thing of that is Hei was going ona suicide, if you watch for his daggers; they don't appear. He dosen't bring with him any weapon to kill Yin. But in the middle of the action he starts to understand things with the plan of Shion, the same as Izanami does. Now if we watch back to the OVA's in the last episode we will see Izanami talking with Yin, and Izanami says that he/she will make the wish of Yin became real. We suppose her wish was to stay with Hei. Back in the ending, Hei says goodbye to Shion, and says her he will be watching over she, because he already understood the plan of Shion. When Yin comes in and say Hei to kill her, Hei understands at the end. Yin and Izanami want hei to "kill" Izanami, because Shion/Izanagi has already made a copy of Yin, a new body to Izanami to stand in. Hei understands at the end and using the meteor fragment, separes Yin from Izanami, that's the explanation of his smile. So in the end Suou and July stand in the other world and Hei and Yin live peaceful standing in the world of the gates, while Misaki and the others work to protect the world from Izanami. When the two dolls talk about another gate, they are probably talking about the Gate to the world of Shion, and their "observer spirits" probably the soul of the dolls go into the gate to the other world, to live like July.

I know this is long but the ending is complicated too.

I wanted to make a video to explain some others things with this graphically so it can be better understood. If u want it just say it here.

Sorry another tiem for the lack of good english, hope you still understand me.

Hope it helped!

I didn't read the 500 messsages of the discussion so I'm sorry if mine's a copy of other, i do not wanted to do that:
removed-userOct 26, 2014 4:33 AM
Nov 10, 2014 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
I don't understand that hate for ending and whole series.
It was amazing just like season 1!
9/10.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 15, 2014 7:01 PM

Jul 2014
Ummm, I just come here to see If I'm the only one who have no idea WTF happened on this season or even on the first season, First time ever I get this fking confusing waves from anime...

Am I too stupid to understand this anime or wut??
Dec 3, 2014 11:52 AM
Dec 2014
There are anime that are deep and difficult to understand.....and then there are anime that are total BS where they try to seem deep, but by glazing over plot points and being intentionally cryptic. I wish Season 2 never happened. In fact, I reject it entirely. Nothing really happened in this season anyway. Hei meets a 13 year old. !3 year old is fake - goes to live on another planet. Yin was a doll to start off with. Misaki literally does NOTHING. Whatever. I'm getting too old for this sh!t.
Dec 7, 2014 5:15 PM

Aug 2013
This is my take on the ending of the second season, I'll try to keep this short.

* Hits Blunt *

Shion created a new earth, in which the gates and contractors never existed. Izanami granted shion's wish, in which he wished for a happy life for his sister in the new earth. Izanami is Yin and I think that Izanagi is Shion, although there is a possibility that Hei is Izanagi. We also saw a little boy with white hair and purple eyes that looks like Yin, awakening inside the gate. I think that he is the one that was mentioned in the Mitaka documents, that will bring strife to the world. This all happened because Hei did not kill Yin like we see when Misaki is floating above them. To understand, look at it like this, we saw that there was 2 Yin, white Yin and dark Yin, to me the dark Yin was Izanami and the white one was the real Yin. So when Misaki was floating above Hei and Yin, Hei was actually joining the white Yin and Yin's lifeless body back together. Now if this is actually what happens then, It's safe to assume that when Hei was carrying Yin, she was actually alive, just unconscious at the moment. Everything that happens after that, well we just need a season 3 or at least a movie to connect all the pieces together and to know exactly WTF we watched.
If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.

~ Feel free to add me as a friend and talk 2 me ~ ^-^

Dec 22, 2014 8:34 AM

Oct 2014
UneasyHeart said:
Kinda makes me wish I didn't even watch season 2 at all lol.

QFT

WTF seriously WTF?
S1 was way better. This season had focused on Suou and we hardly ever get to see Yin
6/10
Dec 23, 2014 8:21 PM

Mar 2014
I am going to just delete this from my memory banks and pretend that season 1 was the only darker than black made.
Jan 2, 2015 6:48 AM

Oct 2014
bonauwi96 said:
This is my take on the ending of the second season, I'll try to keep this short.

* Hits Blunt *

Shion created a new earth, in which the gates and contractors never existed. Izanami granted shion's wish, in which he wished for a happy life for his sister in the new earth. Izanami is Yin and I think that Izanagi is Shion, although there is a possibility that Hei is Izanagi. We also saw a little boy with white hair and purple eyes that looks like Yin, awakening inside the gate. I think that he is the one that was mentioned in the Mitaka documents, that will bring strife to the world. This all happened because Hei did not kill Yin like we see when Misaki is floating above them. To understand, look at it like this, we saw that there was 2 Yin, white Yin and dark Yin, to me the dark Yin was Izanami and the white one was the real Yin. So when Misaki was floating above Hei and Yin, Hei was actually joining the white Yin and Yin's lifeless body back together. Now if this is actually what happens then, It's safe to assume that when Hei was carrying Yin, she was actually alive, just unconscious at the moment. Everything that happens after that, well we just need a season 3 or at least a movie to connect all the pieces together and to know exactly WTF we watched.

My thoughts exactly.
Jan 6, 2015 1:21 AM
Aug 2011
Lolicon_Knight said:
I am going to just delete this from my memory banks and pretend that season 1 was the only darker than black made.

Amen 6/10
Jan 19, 2015 6:53 AM
Sep 2014
I liked it more than season 1 and less than OVA.
I just didnt care about characters in season 1 since it was episodical and i hate those. And "story" was meh, it had interesting episodes but nothing that i will remember. While OVA was just amazing. I liked everything in it. Season 2, well, there is stuff i disliked, but story imo was great, it hold me awake till 9 am, plus, it had few pretty sad moments :( I wish we had to see more of Yin in .
I didnt really understand ending, but what i read on forum it is similar to my thoughts. I did hope to get some more time to see what actually happened after the events, not just fast wrap up in 1 minute. But that will never happen :(

I dont understand why so much hate for season 2 :S
NarcoJan 19, 2015 7:25 AM
Jan 26, 2015 7:30 PM

Apr 2014
oh man that was bitterly disappointing....so many loose ends, so many questions, and none are answered. if there was a season 3 I would deal with it but there isn't so I feel like I wasted my time on this season. the only reason I'm giving it 7/10 is because of the short hair Yin at the end.....seriously I'm so upset over how this ended. at least the OVAs were good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2015 5:29 PM

Aug 2013
my god what a shit lord ending
Yo
Mar 10, 2015 6:35 PM

Jul 2014
It was a bit confusing but I thought it was still good nonetheless. True, it was worse than the first season but only slightly in my opinion.
Apr 5, 2015 2:50 AM

Jul 2014
I came for answers but there seem to be only Questions and it even confused me more than i have been i should better read its manga.
Apr 6, 2015 9:20 PM

Jan 2014
Dat ending. Well I'm really really confused right now X__X
Jun 2, 2015 8:24 PM

Mar 2015
I do not understand why people are getting upset over this ending. The OVA's make it very clear and fill in some plot points to make it perfectly understandable and the fact people are getting upset because there wasn't fan service upsets me considering this was a great anime because there was little to no fan service. If your confused, re-wartch the anime and ova's. The ending was great in my opinion.
NyaFlufflesJun 2, 2015 8:29 PM
Jun 11, 2015 12:58 PM

Aug 2013

Its kinda sad that Suou and July are trapped in this fake world and Suou will never meet Hei again. Also I thought that Magician died at the beginning. Why is he still alive?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJul 29, 2016 9:00 AM
Jun 19, 2015 1:52 PM

Aug 2014
NekoOtaku1300 said:
I do not understand why people are getting upset over this ending. The OVA's make it very clear and fill in some plot points to make it perfectly understandable and the fact people are getting upset because there wasn't fan service upsets me considering this was a great anime because there was little to no fan service. If your confused, re-wartch the anime and ova's. The ending was great in my opinion.

People are upset there is no service? That's rather disappointing, fanservice VERY rarely is any good to begin with.

@OT
The hell was this ending? It was rather confusing and felt rushed imo. Did Hei kill Yin or did she survive? How is that Magician dude still alive? What happened with Suou? I wish this season had 24-ish episodes to make everything more clear and develop the storyline a bit more. Also would have been nice to have more Yin/Hei relationship development like in the OVAs and 1st season but oh well. A shame there won't be a 3rd season, I would really love to see even just an OVA to wrap everything up. I was hoping for Yin and Hei to end up together once again too :/

7/10
SnappynatorJun 19, 2015 2:26 PM
Jun 21, 2015 11:49 AM

Jun 2007
GuroFX said:
I wont accept this annoying loli story, Pinker than Pink: Ryuusei no Gemini with Hei as side character as a sequel to Darker than Black. As a stand-alone title it deserves 5/10 for massive plotholes, but for what the authors have done to awesome action-adventure title with deep characters I give it 2/10. (Call, me a troll or whatever you like, this title is the biggest dissapointment I've ever had in anime)

Pretty much this, though in my case I went with 3/10 and Code Geass R2 was a bigger disappoint since I went into that blind and with expectations. As a standalone series, until the final ep, it was just painfully average, with numerous low-points. But as a DtB sequel? It didn't even look like S1 and Kanno ran for the hills, taking her music with her. No identity, no episodic variation to escape the shitfest twin cloning story and no S1-S2 cohesion. Contractors suddenly went from rational to autistic as the the writing reached toilet levels of parody bad.

My friend mentioned the blonde informant woman wearing a Power Ranger outfit randomly, complete with retro space gun, and some kind of retro-futuristic space car flying off at end, but the final ep was even more ANIME NOOOOO than I expected. Shion made a moon, met world-ending Yin yet world didn't end and a deal was made, the world was reset/cloned, everyone revived/cloned and Hei walked off with Yin in his arms, never to be seen again. Fuck knows. That Section 3 head honcho guy was even doing a bearchested Arnie gun pose. And Yin got out of a coffin as a boy, or sumat. There are just no words. No wonder there was never a sequel. I can't even say the budget impressed since the art was noticeably off; especially when Hei attacked Misaki. CHEAP.

Also, Mari Okada can cocksucky. She did the screenplays for eps4-6 (the pedo guy + crossdressing gay dad crying WTF, and Mao's coincidental ankle memories) and I'm willing to bet it was her bright-eyed feminist idea to have that lesbian samurai woman rape guys with kisses and act like a victim. Someone needs to explain to anime people that feminine WTF is anti-cool. No wonder she worked on Michiko & Hatchin as well. Jesus...

The new support cast were laughably bad... but the returning cast almost matched them. Hei turned into a drunk hobo without the coat/mask, and Mao became the ugliest flying rat EVER. Misaki, meanwhile, became a virgin just to please otaku and was entirely worthless. Oh, and July? Hei killed April, yet he became a comrade of Team Hei. At least he was consistent in terms of having no personality.

What really pisses me off about this mess is the S1-S2 OVA: that was decent. Yet it came after S2 almost as an afterthought to explain just WHY Yin was an evil Goddess outta nowhere. It had badarse Hei, and it had Hei-Yin, it had episodicness... it was actually a DtB continuation. So why not just sodding make that into S2 instead of bizarrely timeskipping to Mother Russia (yeah, they have JP cleaning duty + WUV confessions, fo sho) without EVER explaining what the deal with Yin was? What, did Hei teaching Suou to belly dance matter more?

Fuck anime sequels. They all, almost universally, suck. Only good parts of this were Hei killing BritTits and Hei's car badarse sequence. Ep9 was the best ep because it had detective idiot duo... one of the weakest aspects of S1 was the best part of S2. Says it all.
AironicallyHumanJun 21, 2015 11:55 AM
Jul 16, 2015 12:59 PM

May 2015
Ending left me a bit confused.
Aug 15, 2015 11:12 AM
Jan 2015
Ok ..So this is my hyothesis: the awakening of Izanami splits Yin up in two: the evil Yin that can take lives and the second Yin that can awaken powers (hence the black and white).
What do you guys think?
Oct 17, 2015 2:45 PM

Dec 2014
I think it's absolute bs, end of story.
I was here? Prove it.
Pages (14) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

208 by Sasora »»
Aug 31, 2023 2:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.