Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 22, 2009 5:25 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverDec 23, 2009 7:19 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 22, 2009 1:41 PM

Apr 2009
I liked that episode. Kobato as a detective, she acts like a child sometimes but she's cute %)
We learn something about Sayaka, she used to buy cakes for her husband's birthday. The end was very good too ! Fujimoto rocks~ He always worries for Kobato.

The preview for the next episode shows us Ginsei and Ioryogi..
Dec 22, 2009 2:52 PM
Nov 2009
i felt like i was watching Chobits.
Dec 22, 2009 3:33 PM
Oct 2009
this was such a cute episode ^^
it was so sweet that the boss was worried about her!!!
and i was surprised to find out sayaka had a husband
cant wait for the next episode
Dec 22, 2009 3:34 PM
Oct 2009
this was such a cute episode ^^
it was so sweet that the boss was worried about her!!!
and i was surprised to find out sayaka had a husband
cant wait for the next episode ^^
Dec 22, 2009 6:11 PM

Aug 2008
The setting this time around was a complete rip-off from Chobits. Chii also worked in a cake store. The girl at the store was also called Yumi (I think, it's been awhile since I've watched Chobits). The owner of the cake store was also a troubled man.

But I digress. This episode is a good one. I liked it. I thought some people in "Kobato" get upset over the tiniest thing, but it's always nice to see that things work out in the end... also, Kobato was cute as a detective.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 22, 2009 6:41 PM
Nov 2009
guyklc said:
The setting this time around was a complete rip-off from Chobits. Chii also worked in a cake store. The girl at the store was also called Yumi (I think, it's been awhile since I've watched Chobits). The owner of the cake store was also a troubled man.

But I digress. This episode is a good one. I liked it. I thought some people in "Kobato" get upset over the tiniest thing, but it's always nice to see that things work out in the end... also, Kobato was cute as a detective.

lol they are the same characters, i think the landlord, baker and yumi are same characters from Chobits.
Dec 22, 2009 10:02 PM

Nov 2008
That's too bad. Do you think CLAMP has run out of good character ideas, and reuse it? Because to me, thats starting to get really annoying. Maybe once they could use a new idea and introduce new characters for once...? I mean, it's so dumb how they made the two girls look exactly like Chii. I mean, heck I am watching Kobato., not Chobits!

They need to start getting new character ideas, because re-using is not any fun, we don't get to see any new faces. Even this, Kobato. doesn't have any character TO introduce, they shouldn't be using these guys anyway... >_>

Rant-Rant-Rant... ;D
Dec 23, 2009 4:16 AM

Mar 2008
Itazura_na_Kiss said:
Rant-Rant-Rant... ;D

Well, I guess that's the whole purpose of the Clamp universe. :P Reusing characters.

I personally like it, "Hey, I believe I've seen this bakery before... Hey, there's Yumi too!"

Liked this episode, Kobato again showing her... childish side.
Though she DOES seem to be a bit of a Chii-ripoff, I have to agree.
Dec 23, 2009 10:50 AM

Dec 2008
guyklc said:

Agreed. In fact, if I remember correctly, the Yumi of the original Chobits series was worried that Ueda would "replace" her with a persocom since she used to love someone who eventually fell for a persocom instead. This episode was somewhat similar in that Yumi was nearly replaced by a new employee. It's just that Kobato seems to have condensed this plot into one episode.

But, yeah, it was a decent enough episode. Again, predictable, but at least I found Kobato to be less annoying and rather cute instead, trying to be a detective. I quite enjoyed watching Ioryogi's attempts at sewing himself up, though xD Must be difficult, especially with no proper fingers.
Dec 23, 2009 11:02 AM

Dec 2008
I was quite excited to see the Baker and Yumi again. 'Brings back good memories of Chobits. ^_^
Anyways, this episode was adorable. 'Definitely one of my alltime favorite so far.
The next episode looks really cool: that silver creature who has a bone to pick with Ioryogi comes back. :3
Dec 23, 2009 11:05 AM

Sep 2009
Okay, cool, so I'm not the only one who got Chobits vibes from this episode? It was a cool episode nonetheless, I was just wondering why I felt that way. Now I know. XP

Lol @ Kobato falling = stopping the chase right then and there.
WhiskersDec 23, 2009 11:10 AM
-
Dec 23, 2009 2:06 PM
Jun 2008
I still don't see Kobato eating in this scene....
Dec 23, 2009 3:16 PM
Nov 2009
gloryfy said:

she's obviously not human if you haven't realized it yet.
Dec 23, 2009 7:01 PM

Oct 2009
Rip off? Copy?

v_____v

I love seeing how they have blended CLAMP-verse characters and places into Kobato. The character design is so unique and attractive.

Really enjoyed this episode, 10 & 11 have really helped Kobato........ but now to wait till Jan for more -_______-
Dec 23, 2009 11:05 PM

Dec 2008
toratiger said:
gloryfy said:

im surprised the people around her haven't asked her about not eatting
Dec 24, 2009 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
didn't Yumi also run away from Chobits and Hideki followed her?

Lol, at Kobato tripping. Didn't expect that.

Dec 24, 2009 9:38 AM

Dec 2007
It was a cute episode, and I loved it. I totally didn't expect that Kobato is tripping twice. I hope the next episode will have an interesting plot as possible.
Dec 24, 2009 3:45 PM
Jun 2008
toratiger said:
gloryfy said:

So the doll is more human like?
Dec 24, 2009 6:10 PM
Nov 2009
gloryfy said:
toratiger said:
gloryfy said:

Did my sentence imply that the doll is more human than Kobato? Nice you have some nice analysis skills.

I am saying Kabato is probably an angel or some sort, or demon. It's not revealed yet so I am simply guessing, however she is definitely not human. Notice she's always wearing something on her head? She probably has a halo, or horns. Maybe...
Dec 25, 2009 12:13 AM

May 2008
Weird but a cute episode

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 25, 2009 12:18 AM
Jun 2008
Oh....angel and demon doesn't eat ~.~
MorningGloryDec 25, 2009 4:43 AM
Dec 25, 2009 5:31 AM

Apr 2008
rawrs ... looks like there are indeed jobs that kobato can do xD

Dec 25, 2009 6:59 AM

Nov 2008
toratiger said:
gloryfy said:
toratiger said:
gloryfy said:

Did my sentence imply that the doll is more human than Kobato? Nice you have some nice analysis skills.

I am saying Kabato is probably an angel or some sort, or demon. It's not revealed yet so I am simply guessing, however she is definitely not human. Notice she's always wearing something on her head? She probably has a halo, or horns. Maybe...

Well, I don't think she's an angel (she didn't know Kohaku and didn't recognize Usyagi) and she's too innocent and cute to be a demon or a devil like Kouryuu. Kobato always has a hat on so I think she has something very not-human under it. I don't think it's a halo or horns because none of Wish's charcters had them.
In the opening she looks at the birds with sadness (?) and she is called "Dove" so maybe it's connected with that. And where is the place she wishes to go?
Kobato also doesn't know anything about human world ("what is a detective?) so I don't think she has been ever connected to the human world.

Uhh, sorry for my English.
minwonderlandDec 25, 2009 7:06 AM
Dec 25, 2009 7:28 AM
Jun 2008
minwonderland said:
Well, I don't think she's an angel (she didn't know Kohaku and didn't recognize Usyagi) and she's too innocent and cute to be a demon or a devil like Kouryuu. Kobato always has a hat on so I think she has something very not-human under it. I don't think it's a halo or horns because none of Wish's charcters had them.
In the opening she looks at the birds with sadness (?) and she is called "Dove" so maybe it's connected with that. And where is the place she wishes to go?
Kobato also doesn't know anything about human world ("what is a detective?) so I don't think she has been ever connected to the human world.

Uhh, sorry for my English..
In any case,still have 13 episode to wait for ^^
Next episode is bout Ginsei....he is cool despite being a cat with a patch eye ^^
Dec 27, 2009 5:54 AM

Aug 2007
Waa... more chobits characters in this episode. I want a cake!!!
Dec 27, 2009 3:32 PM

Aug 2008
Dec 29, 2009 4:17 AM

May 2009
Chobits was a good show, so seeing a lot of those characters return in a slightly different settings is nice.

Kobato is as silly and clumsy as ever, but in the end, she always manages to put things right between troubled people.

Loved how she cornered Ioryogi about his baumkuchen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2009 9:11 AM

Jun 2009
God, no matter how much I try to like this show, it just seems so boring :/
Anyway, fine episode... part with the "detective mode", and end with Ioryogi were cute and funny.
Dec 30, 2009 3:49 PM

Apr 2008
Are the subs out yet?
Dec 30, 2009 11:25 PM

May 2009
Good episode. All the cake made me want to eat some cake lol. The previews for next episode make it look like something might be happening. . . hmm~
Dec 31, 2009 1:13 PM
Nov 2009
mr_outside said:
Anyway, fine episode... part with the "detective mode", and end with Ioryogi were cute and funny.

Yup, this show was entertaining at first, it was one of the shows I would follow each week, but slowly the plot really makes me not want to waste any time on it anymore.
Dec 31, 2009 10:46 PM

Dec 2009
wait... does she even have ears, looks like that headband things connected to her head. And she doesnt eat. Maybe advanced robot collecting those stuff to become human?
Jan 1, 2010 12:19 AM

Apr 2009
Another more adorable ep :)
Jan 2, 2010 5:30 AM

Sep 2009
I'm also interested in what Kobato is...for now I'm just assuming she is some kind of angel.
Jan 7, 2010 5:24 AM

Jan 2008
Detective mode Kobato was funny.
Jan 18, 2010 5:39 AM

Sep 2008
It's cute that CLAMP reuses their characters and all, but I would sort of like to see some new ones. It'll get boring if they just keep reusing, and reusing... Yeah those were the same characters from Chobits (Yumi and the baker) and basically the exact same scenario that Chii was in, except Chii had an easier job, if I'm not mistaken.

Nevertheless, I did like this episode. Kobato actually helping out for real is refreshing, and it's nice to see Fujimoto worrying (well, sort of, I think) about her. It'd be great if Kobato really does become more skilled, since she has a job where people are patient and maybe she'd be able to do other things if she got a little less clumsy...? I don't know.

Anyway. next episode looks super promising. Real plot time?!
Feb 22, 2010 4:46 PM

Aug 2009
Okay episode, this was the first episode I didn't really enjoy. Hope the next one's better.
Mar 28, 2010 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
Now that's what you call a very nice manager. It's hard to find a manager like that since all the managers think about how they will make profit. It's not like they think about their workers. Infact, they don't at all, akekeke.

Okay so Kobato was darn hilarious in this episode. I loved how she play detective and asked random people if they know anything about Ueda's problems, lmfao. Also when she and Yumi saw Ueda and a girl inside a restaurant together, Kobato told Yumi to be quiet while in contrary she was the one who's very loud, lmfao.

Good to see Ueda and Yumi thinking about each other. I think they kind of like each other or something. It's also good to see another Konpeito in Kobato's bottle. :D
May 11, 2010 8:39 PM

Nov 2009
just who IS watching this show? i don't see a lot of people actually analyzing ANYTHING.

--anyway, this ep was arguably one of this series' best thus far ^w^
let's hope we can expect more, yes?
(heheh, "You only get 50 points because you're a meanie!" <that was a really cute scene, too)
Nov 28, 2010 12:50 PM

Apr 2010
I agree that some episodes are getting kind of boring, but this is just TOO adorable, i can't stop watching it, seriously. As for the Chobits characters, I actually enjoyed them very, very much, it brings back old memories of the manga (i hate the anime), and it's nice to see them~~.

Decent episode (:

Feb 2, 2011 3:30 AM

May 2009
littlemitsuki said:
That's too bad. Do you think CLAMP has run out of good character ideas, and reuse it? Because to me, thats starting to get really annoying. Maybe once they could use a new idea and introduce new characters for once...? I mean, it's so dumb how they made the two girls look exactly like Chii. I mean, heck I am watching Kobato., not Chobits!

I think CLAMP reuses characters because we all love them so much and once a series is over they are gone!
After 20 years they start missing their characters too!!

I think its cute and enjoy seeing old characters again ^_^

IN LOVE WITH CLAMP <3
also I run a CLAMP dedication blog over on tumblr so go check it out!
churchofclamp.tumblr.com !
Mar 2, 2011 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
Apparently I'm the only one who is enjoying the crossover characters. Great episode. :)

Apr 23, 2012 12:13 PM

Jan 2012
its hard for me to dislike this episode, everyone seems to be referring to Chobits and i haven't even seen it so xD but as an episode as a whole, it was cute and it was nice that the owner was worrying about his work colleague! Also Fujimoto worrying about Kobato xD
Apr 27, 2012 8:31 PM

Aug 2010
conbini said:
mr_outside said:

Yup, this show was entertaining at first, it was one of the shows I would follow each week, but slowly the plot really makes me not want to waste any time on it anymore.

Yup. Its cute and pretty, but boring and lacking heavily in the plot department. The characters are starting to get boring, too...
Jul 4, 2012 4:33 AM

Sep 2011
That dress looked really good on Kobato :)
I have a feeling that Sayaka's husband has something to do with the debt, maybe he is the collector himself.

I'm also getting kind of bored of these episodes. I mean I know that this is the point of Kobato, but the episodic thing with very little parts of main plot is getting a bit too much.
Aug 24, 2012 7:01 PM

May 2012
Sweet episode :3
Sep 20, 2012 1:40 AM

Jun 2009

The thing Kobato impress me the most is how many beautiful outfit there is... They are all so adorable ^_^

Wait... Why am I paying attention to her outfits... I'm a 23 years old guy.... Am I turning gay? O.o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2013 11:51 AM

Jan 2011
I really loved this episode, this is so much better when you don't marathon it but watch it once in a while.
Comedy was also good as usual, I'm looking forward to more of this.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 11, 2013 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
Sweet episode, it is formulaic.
I like it still like it, and all the Chobits references.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

236 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 29, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 2, 2010

115 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 26, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.