Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 15, 2015 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode of Rakudai. Ayatsuji deceived Ikki at the beginning by making him use Itto Shura; I actually thought she was legitimately committing suicide there. Ayatsuji was just so desperate to defeat Ikki in order to face the Sword Eater and take everything back from him. Ayatsuji planted traps before the match even started; this just shows how desperate she really is. However, Ikki had a feeling this would happen and told the supervisor to overlook it. Ikki still pulled through and was able to win. I'm glad Ayatsuji is now back to her senses and trusts Ikki again. The fight scene was pretty good and I agree with the others with the blood gags being unnecessary. Ikki falling on Stella's chest was quite the scene, I was expecting more... :P
5/5
Nov 15, 2015 5:58 PM
Feb 2015
lindsayzzz said:
Great episode of Rakudai. Ayatsuji deceived Ikki at the beginning by making him use Itto Shura; I actually thought she was legitimately committing suicide there. Ayatsuji was just so desperate to defeat Ikki in order to face the Sword Eater and take everything back from him. Ayatsuji planted traps before the match even started; this just shows how desperate she really is. However, Ikki had a feeling this would happen and told the supervisor to overlook it. Ikki still pulled through and was able to win. I'm glad Ayatsuji is now back to her senses and trusts Ikki again. The fight scene was pretty good and I agree with the others with the blood gags being unnecessary. Ikki falling on Stella's chest was quite the scene, I was expecting more... :P
5/5

The blood thing is not a gag, since the anime already skipped it i guess i will explain it. Yuuri vomits at least 1 litre of blood per day since childhood, she has been having this weak physique for a long time. Coincidentally this became useful for her as a Blazer.
Nov 15, 2015 6:39 PM

Nov 2014
MY MAN IKKI WITH THAT ITTO SHURA OF THE NIGHT
Hi there
Nov 15, 2015 8:43 PM
Mar 2013
Just one time I was hoping for the main character to not forgive being totally shit on D: sigh maybe another day
Nov 15, 2015 11:14 PM

Jul 2010
danieltortoisee said:
Oh, what a surprise, Ayase is a bitch but they try to justify it all with a sob story. What a load of shit. Don't try to force me to care with heavy-handed, stupid flashbacks. Oh, and please stop with the stupid, retarded bleeding teacher gags. It wasn't funny the first time, and it still isn't funny 7 episodes in. Stop wasting time with shit like that.

Don't even get me started on the fight. Sure, it was nice to look at and all, as I expected, but it was still very lame. Once again Ikki was getting dominated and destroyed (this time by the power of absolute bullshit (to suggest that magic can make cuts into whirlwinds is taking the piss, really)) and once again he's able to win just because he wants to and just because he's the protagonist. At least try to make it seem like he has a chance in the fight so it doesn't seem so forced when he inevitably wins.

This should have been good, and it was significantly better than last week, but there's so many problems that I can't overlook that it's just pretty crap, in all honesty.

Ikki has never lost and will probably never lose.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Nov 15, 2015 11:31 PM
Feb 2015
Sigsig said:
Ikki has never lost and will probably never lose.

Actually he has or in this case will, twice in fact but since it'll be spoilers i won't reveal who he lost to.
Nov 15, 2015 11:31 PM
Mar 2014
The episode was okay.
Nov 16, 2015 12:09 AM
Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
Stormen said:

You know, when someone has a vagina, that person has to be able to act and do whatever the fuck she wants without any sorts of consequences. Japanese chivalry is truly disgusting. Sick and tired of bullshit girls doing utterly selfish shit, like cheating as done here and getting away scot-free every single time. I don't dislike her, but for fuck sake, give her some form of punishment for what she did, having a sappy story behind it doesn't give you extra privileges.

Otherwise, pretty good episode.

Had he chosen not to do that, Ayase would be punished without learning the lesson and could harbor future resentment to him because it was unresolved. As it stands, the lesson itself is punishment enough.

The last thing Ikki wants to do is to be like his family and trample others who are trying to stand up.

fatalystic said:

It wasn't as obvious in the anime, but if I'm remembering it right they did get pretty close as friends and fellow swordsmen, so it's a lot more believable that he'd want to forgive her and try talking her round.

She is the daughter of one of his idols. Id say it is quite obvious why he would want to teach her her mistake instead of punishing for it.

BGMaxie said:

As for Ikki's personality, while goody-two-shoes man is not new, I can say that on Ikki's case it is a lot more complete than that. Ikki is a good person BECAUSE he has suffered. He has gone through a lot of pain and endured a lot and THAT is why he can be such a good person. Sure it isn't a rule of thumb thing, but I can talk out of personal experience, I was bullied by a really LONG time, and the only thing I don't want is for any other individual to suffer this bullshit. So on that sense I can understand why Ikki is a good person.

One could even say that Ikki is a good person because he KNOWS how bad people can be. He grew up in an abusive household.

Its far easier to understand someone like him not wanting to continue the cycle of abuse against others than in usual shonen cases.

He should have exposed her, and had her flunk. These anime princesses needs to be taught that actions do have consequences. This is a concept above Japanese hack writers though.
Nov 16, 2015 1:51 AM

Feb 2012
Gymkata said:
Am I the only one who hopes Ikki gets his ass owned by the Sword Eater?
I hope he eats Ikki's sword, and by that I mean his penis.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2015 3:54 AM

Mar 2012
Stormen said:
CookingPriest said:

Had he chosen not to do that, Ayase would be punished without learning the lesson and could harbor future resentment to him because it was unresolved. As it stands, the lesson itself is punishment enough.

The last thing Ikki wants to do is to be like his family and trample others who are trying to stand up.

She is the daughter of one of his idols. Id say it is quite obvious why he would want to teach her her mistake instead of punishing for it.

One could even say that Ikki is a good person because he KNOWS how bad people can be. He grew up in an abusive household.

Its far easier to understand someone like him not wanting to continue the cycle of abuse against others than in usual shonen cases.

He should have exposed her, and had her flunk. These anime princesses needs to be taught that actions do have consequences. This is a concept above Japanese hack writers though.
There is no need for that though
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 16, 2015 3:55 AM

Jul 2007
Stormen said:

You are right.
How dare the writers of this not ruin a female character and have a male ruin her life.
How dare the writers of this not be sexist.
Nov 16, 2015 5:03 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was a great.

No matter what happens our hero pulls though thanks to his character and virtue.

~Great episode!!!
Nov 16, 2015 5:48 AM
May 2014
CookingPriest said:
Stormen said:

You are right.
How dare the writers of this not ruin a female character and have a male ruin her life.

The male wouldn't have "ruined" it, she would've, by her own actions.
What you're saying is the same as saying those that put a person in jail ruined their
life, not the armed robbery he/she did.

I don't think it is sexist to hold a female responsible for her own actions/choices.
The opposite would probably be, because then you're treating her like a child.

He probably couldn't expose a daughter of one of his idols.
konatachan80Nov 16, 2015 5:59 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Nov 16, 2015 6:12 AM

Jun 2015
NeoAnkara said:
There is no need for that though

Er, I hope they show that next episode, if only to make all the people calling for her head stfu. It also proves that Ikki's reason for not punishing her himself was valid, and that he's a good judge of character.

CookingPriest said:
Stormen said:

You are right.

Er, I don't know how punishing her for betraying his trust and trying to kill him would be sexist..... that's a first. It's say that is a pretty legitimate reason for retribution should he have gone that route.
Nov 16, 2015 10:44 AM

Jan 2014
Literally the best episode thus far in the Fuckboy Four (Rakudai, Asterisk, HO, 35th Platoon).

Great characterization and the fight just blew me away! Keep this up and we'll be seeing an ecchi show that ACTUALLY HAS SUBSTANCE.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2015 1:36 PM

Jun 2013
In my opinion, one of the best episodes of the season :)
Nov 16, 2015 2:45 PM

Jun 2015
Wow, Ikki is really great...
Nov 16, 2015 3:25 PM

Aug 2012
Gymkata said:
Am I the only one who hopes Ikki gets his ass owned by the Sword Eater?

No
Nov 16, 2015 11:26 PM

Oct 2013
Maledict said:
It's a good thing blood loss apparently means nothing to this guy.
I think they always go a little overboard with the amount of damage Ikki took and the blood he looses in almost every fight, he lost way too much blood in a few hits in his previous fight too. I guess they are trying to make the fight very 'cool'. This is the reason why I'm not really enjoying the fight scenes at all, it's ridiculous.
Nov 17, 2015 1:50 AM

Aug 2015
Good episode thanks to that action scene but they should drop the Yuri-sensei blood crap, it's not even funny anymore tbh
Nov 17, 2015 2:12 AM
Jun 2014
Was it ever funny? I'm not saying i was offended by it, i just don't get the humor.
Nov 17, 2015 2:39 AM
Feb 2015
It wasn't meant to be funny, Yuuri has poor constitution since childhood and vomits at least 1 liter of blood per day. And if people know what Yuuri's ability is, you'll realize it's not a joke that you want to make fun or view lightly at all.
Nov 17, 2015 3:29 AM
Apr 2015
ixarising said:
It wasn't meant to be funny, Yuuri has poor constitution since childhood and vomits at least 1 liter of blood per day. And if people know what Yuuri's ability is, you'll realize it's not a joke that you want to make fun or view lightly at all.

I'm sorry but are we watching the same show? From the way they present it and the way people react to it in those situations (some of them really cheerfully use it as a pun). It's clearly ment to come over as a (terrible, disgusting) joke/running gag... Regardless whether or not it's a foreshadow to another wierd blazer power etc. That's just a excuse.
Nov 17, 2015 4:27 AM
May 2014
frenze12 said:
ixarising said:

I'm sorry but are we watching the same show? From the way they present it and the way people react to it in those situations (some of them really cheerfully use it as a pun). It's clearly ment to come over as a (terrible, disgusting) joke/running gag... Regardless whether or not it's a foreshadow to another wierd blazer power etc. That's just a excuse.

Yes, it comes through like one, but it isn't one.

Most of the people around her seem to think its just something she does, and she doesn't die from it..
and well, people will joke about just about anything.

I don't know how much of a spoiler you want, but here's a small hint:
konatachan80Nov 17, 2015 4:31 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Nov 17, 2015 5:00 AM
Feb 2015
frenze12 said:
ixarising said:

Explanation on Yuuri's ability as a Blazer.

So you still think her ability is a joke.
Nov 17, 2015 5:12 AM

Mar 2012
ixarising said:
frenze12 said:

That's not the problem here btw. There are not even passing mention of her ability in the anime. Though her being a Blazer is a given but not enough hint given for her ability.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 17, 2015 8:07 AM
Feb 2015
NeoAnkara said:
ixarising said:

That's not the problem here btw. There are not even passing mention of her ability in the anime. Though her being a Blazer is a given but not enough hint given for her ability.

The anime didn't do a passing mention on Kurono & Nene too. And both of them should be more famed than even Stella.
Nov 17, 2015 3:15 PM

Mar 2012
ixarising said:
NeoAnkara said:

The anime didn't do a passing mention on Kurono & Nene too. And both of them should be more famed than even Stella.
They do mention about KOK though.
Nov 17, 2015 3:17 PM

Jun 2015
the most surprising part of this episode was when he rekted that building
Nov 17, 2015 4:13 PM
Feb 2015
NeoAnkara said:
ixarising said:

They do mention about KOK though.

Yes but that's all. They didn't even bother to give anymore explanation beyond that. And before the teachers, they even skipped out Shizuku's first match. Clearly the anime doesn't give all these side characters sufficient exposure beyond supporting or rejecting the main duo's relationship.
Nov 17, 2015 4:44 PM

Jun 2015
ixarising said:
Yes but that's all. They didn't even bother to give anymore explanation beyond that. And before the teachers, they even skipped out Shizuku's first match. Clearly the anime doesn't give all these side characters sufficient exposure beyond supporting or rejecting the main duo's relationship.

They only have 12-13 episodes to blow through 3 volumes.
Nov 17, 2015 7:41 PM
Feb 2015
RealityRush said:
They only have 12-13 episodes to blow through 3 volumes.

Yet they took the time the no longer meaningful 5v1 thing.
Nov 18, 2015 3:36 AM

Aug 2014
Honestly, this is one of those fights that I don't like (Manga, LN and Anime).. He got stabbed in the back by a person, he called "friend".. But, that doesn't end there, this particular "friend" booby-trapped the stage with the intention to kill them.. Like really?? I know it ended with a dialogue about friends and what not, I could compare it to a child getting their hand slapped for fighting or stealing, it could have been better if there would be a slap involved and tell her about her mistake. It is pretty reasonable. Anyways cue the F**king My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic Opening
ElectricRedNov 18, 2015 3:42 AM
Nov 18, 2015 11:13 AM
Apr 2015
ixarising said:
frenze12 said:

Invalid point, like i said we are talking how it's presented to us . And it's clearly intended as somesort of running gag, the anime is making that very clear.

Just because it might be some foreshadow (in a much later part) doesn't erase the fact it was used as a running gag since the beginning.

If anyone wants to make fun about it, it's the anime.
Nov 18, 2015 7:21 PM
Feb 2015
frenze12 said:
ixarising said:

Invalid point, like i said we are talking how it's presented to us . And it's clearly intended as somesort of running gag, the anime is making that very clear.

Just because it might be some foreshadow (in a much later part) doesn't erase the fact it was used as a running gag since the beginning.

She has her share of blood vomiting in the LN too but yes i agree not extreme to the point of the anime but its there. Well blame the author for setting up Yuuri as a person who vomits at least 1 liter of blood per day. Or blame the anime producer for having her vomit beyond 1 liter per day.
Nov 18, 2015 9:43 PM
Apr 2015
Here's my unhinged ramblings on how this series has been so far. I'm not sure how to feel about it. It seems a bit bland at the moment with the insurmountable odds being overcome every time he fights, and I don't really like the "I'll give up everything to help someone else" character stereotype because the character portraying it doesn't feel real to me. That said, the voice acting has been pretty excellent so far (particularly Ayase) and the battles have been varied (each one looks and feels different). I do hope next week changes the formula though, getting beaten up without offering much resistance and still somehow winning gets really old, and it has happened in the three major fight scenes (that I can think of). The OP and ED songs aren't grabbing me, the OP has some nice visuals but I don't really want to watch it muted so I'm just skipping it, and I don't think there has been any reason to stay after the credits start either. The world hasn't been grabbing me too much, and the plot, when you come down to it, is fairly generic. I'm not sure what to think about Stella's role in the last episode, I want her to get more involved in the story, but I think that might just my love of romance scenes creeping into my opinion. I hope we get to see more character/relationship development between the main 4 characters in the next few episodes, they're feeling a little one-dimensional right now.

Still, I would still say I'm enjoying my time with this one so far (and that's all that really matters, right?), and it's good to see that this and Asterisk have gone in different directions.
Nov 19, 2015 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode, the Itou shura at the beginning was impressive. Ayase had everything planned but she lost. Ikki is too kind, but that's why he is so cool.
Nov 19, 2015 11:08 AM
Jun 2014
ixarising said:
frenze12 said:

She has her share of blood vomiting in the LN too but yes i agree not extreme to the point of the anime but its there. Well blame the author for setting up Yuuri as a person who vomits at least 1 liter of blood per day. Or blame the anime producer for having her vomit beyond 1 liter per day.

Fuck does it matter if they explain that it's part of her power? You do realize this is fiction and not history right? They created this as a "hilarious" joke and put an explanation to it so it would make relative sense.
Nov 19, 2015 1:13 PM

Jul 2014
EHH FUCKIN BITCH. I WOULD HAVE ITTO SHURAD HER RIGHT UP THE ASS AND MADE HER CUT HER FUCKIGN HAIR AND THEN THROW HER OF THT SAME BUILDING AND JUST LET HER DIE. BITCHES LIKE THIS NEED TO GET HURT

tht was my reaction to her. But main character barely having any flaws so far. its cool and all but we need to see some flaw eventually or this would be too much like WORLD BREAK.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Nov 19, 2015 1:45 PM

Aug 2015
abyss333 said:
EHH FUCKIN BITCH. I WOULD HAVE ITTO SHURAD HER RIGHT UP THE ASS AND MADE HER CUT HER FUCKIGN HAIR AND THEN THROW HER OF THT SAME BUILDING AND JUST LET HER DIE. BITCHES LIKE THIS NEED TO GET HURT

tht was my reaction to her. But main character barely having any flaws so far. its cool and all but we need to see some flaw eventually or this would be too much like WORLD BREAK.
What do you mean he has no flaws? He has crap magic ability and has to resort to increasing his physical strength to even stand a chance.
Nov 19, 2015 4:12 PM
Oct 2015
FlameSpeedster said:
What do you mean he has no flaws? He has crap magic ability and has to resort to increasing his physical strength to even stand a chance.
Maybe what he meant was personality-wise, not ability-wise. If that's the case, then I agree with him. Ikki is a perfect white knight, a true paragon of virtue.
Nov 19, 2015 6:54 PM

Jul 2015
The Ayase vs Ikki fight was pretty cool to watch.
Nov 19, 2015 9:05 PM

Jun 2015
Shit, Rakudai is steadily moving up the ranks this season. Assuming it continues to improve as it has, it might even crack the top 10 by the end of the season. If the views and bluray sales follow, we might get a second season!
Nov 19, 2015 9:10 PM

Nov 2015
RealityRush said:
Shit, Rakudai is steadily moving up the ranks this season. Assuming it continues to improve as it has, it might even crack the top 10 by the end of the season. If the views and bluray sales follow, we might get a second season!

Good news ! But have any idea how it is in Japan ?
Nov 19, 2015 10:15 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Wow, I was really surprised how far Ayase was willing to go to win. That fake suicide thing was crazy.

The fight was nice. The fights in this show in general are intense and nice looking.

Yay another Yuri-chan appearance!
Nov 19, 2015 11:59 PM
Apr 2015
abyss333 said:

It's a comon archetype in this type of series, so i don't really get why you are so angry about it.

Besides If mc did what you (and some others) suggested that would make mc just a hypocrite though... . And in the end the real "scumbags" of this show have a tendency to get away with almost everything, so where is their punishment?
Nov 20, 2015 7:03 AM

Jun 2015
drkurochan said:
RealityRush said:

Eh, I've tried to find Japanese viewership numbers before, but I've been unsuccessful for the most part. I know that after the first few episodes that Rakudai was in the top third for late-night TV though, above One Punch Man even, due to a 4chan post on it, but I don't know what the Japanese source was. So assuming that Japanese viewership has followed the same trend as the West since then, Rakudai is set up to do very well in sales, as it has been with the LNs/Manga. What that means for a second season I have no idea, but it makes me hopeful, especially considering the LN is ongoing. At the very least, Rakudai is doing better than the majority of non-sequels this season.

Edit: I did find this Fall 2015 popularity poll from Japan. Rakudai is currently in the top 10 for popularity. The poll numbers are quite small though, so it may not be very representative. Also according to this poll, Rakudai is the 2nd most watched in Japan atm (for late-night). It has much higher polling numbers so it is probably accurate to say Rakudai is quite popular in Japan.
RealityRushNov 20, 2015 9:39 AM
Nov 20, 2015 8:26 PM
Oct 2015
RealityRush said:
Edit: I did find this Fall 2015 popularity poll from Japan. Rakudai is currently in the top 10 for popularity. The poll numbers are quite small though, so it may not be very representative. Also according to this poll, Rakudai is the 2nd most watched in Japan atm (for late-night). It has much higher polling numbers so it is probably accurate to say Rakudai is quite popular in Japan.
I can't believe that Hidan no Aria AA is the 2nd most popular show in Japan. The overseas fans of Hidan no Aria series hate that spin-off anime after all. Not only the fans of the original series, even those who like the spin-off manga dislike the many bad changes in the anime adaption.
Nov 20, 2015 9:55 PM

Jun 2015
Ryuutobi said:
RealityRush said:
I can't believe that Hidan no Aria AA is the 2nd most popular show in Japan. The overseas fans of Hidan no Aria series hate that spin-off anime after all. Not only the fans of the original series, even those who like the spin-off manga dislike the many bad changes in the anime adaption.

Apparently they don't hate it as much as you thought.
Nov 20, 2015 11:17 PM
Dec 2011
RealityRush said:
drkurochan said:

Eh, I've tried to find Japanese viewership numbers before, but I've been unsuccessful for the most part. I know that after the first few episodes that Rakudai was in the top third for late-night TV though, above One Punch Man even, due to a 4chan post on it, but I don't know what the Japanese source was. So assuming that Japanese viewership has followed the same trend as the West since then, Rakudai is set up to do very well in sales, as it has been with the LNs/Manga. What that means for a second season I have no idea, but it makes me hopeful, especially considering the LN is ongoing. At the very least, Rakudai is doing better than the majority of non-sequels this season.

There's also this poll which fans pick the Fall 2015 anime that they can't wait to watch next week. Rakudai is ranked 8th overall and 3rd for males only.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.