3It was OK
8.8%
2Disliked it
2.8%
1Hated it
2.8%
Average 4.4
386 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 14, 2015 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Stella and her lewd thoughts...

Ayase and Ikki's fight is better than I had expected, at least in terms of music and choreography. There's this mind game like going on between the two fighters. Ikki's reasoning to fight felt pretty generic but whatever. I'm kinda surprised how much action they fit into this episode as well.

Fun~

GG Ayase.
Nov 14, 2015 6:28 AM

Nov 2013
Whoa! what a great episode this time.
I love that fight scene. Especially the explaining scene.

But I don't really like that flashy laser, as I think it's more into ruining the event.
Nov 14, 2015 6:29 AM

Mar 2012

Anime make a good job on making Ayase face really unsettling like in LN.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 14, 2015 7:31 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Stella's still Stella. However that fight between Ikki and Ayase was really cool. Probably the best fight I've seen from this anime!

5/5
Nov 14, 2015 7:36 AM
Feb 2015
They depicted Ayase perfectly. :)

And the fight was nice. Stella is still lewd as usual though. And Yuuri seriously should have multiple bags of blood with her.
Nov 14, 2015 8:36 AM
Sep 2012
Next week: The Worst One vs. Sword Eater
Nov 14, 2015 9:22 AM

Aug 2015
Nice episode. Thought the fight was nice.
Nov 14, 2015 9:41 AM

Aug 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Lol you are talking about episode 6 while this is episode 7 thread.
Lol, oops. My bad, I'll delete this and post it in the right thread.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Nov 14, 2015 10:36 AM

Mar 2012
I'm pleased with Ayase voice here. Also sometimes I'm wondering on Silver Link choice on alteration.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 14, 2015 10:40 AM

Jan 2012
I'm a bit conflicted on this one. I'm not sure I can look past the despicable actions Ayase took even though the show clearly wants me to. I feel absolutely no sympathy for her situation now. Sigh...and now Ikki will help her, and she'll probably fall for him and Stella will get jealous and I don't really want any of that. Stella needs more/all time as the female lead. Every episode she's relegated to background spectator my heart hurts. :(

Oh and the teacher blood gag was horrible this week. Not sure why it bothered me more here, maybe because the episode in general did.
animefan8800Nov 14, 2015 10:47 AM
Nov 14, 2015 10:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Definitely the best fight of the series so far imo

I like Ayase and all, but her actions in this episode were really despicable even though I do sympathize with her because of her wanting to help her dad
Nov 14, 2015 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
Very nice episode! A lot of action, and a lot of tactical thinking and psychological warfare going on there. Hope this keeps up! (I'm quite sure it will. ;P)

Nov 14, 2015 11:03 AM

Jan 2015
Does this mean that Ayatshuji have Split-Personality, or something like that?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 14, 2015 11:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fantastic episode with great OST use! The fight was very good and Ayase's situation is unfortunate which kind of makes me sympathize with her.

Ikki showing once again why he is best character.

Jun 2015
Fairly entertaining episode overall. Glad Ikki found a way past her without his Best Move.
And, Yuri-sensei is best girl/woman!!

Mar 2012
Mascera said:
She is just that desperate. There is no split personality or anything.
Nov 14, 2015 11:10 AM

Aug 2008
Ugh, this adaptation gets worse by episode. So much padding, so much nonsense and pointless flashiness and bullshit. The fight was your average yelling, jumping and swinging around when it was supposed to be a duel between swordsmen. At this point it's really no different than Asterisk.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 14, 2015 11:11 AM

Jun 2015
A solid episode for the show, which I'm glad for after last weeks average episode. The animation, while clearly held back a bit to save for the Sword Eater fight, was still top notch for the fight scene and a feast for the eyes.

There was minimal fan-service which I can't get behind enough, the show took a more dark and mature route with some great exposition that didn't seem out-of-place, the fight was bitchin' awesome, and Stella, as always, is adorable (and thirsty) as fuck!

My only real complaint is how Ikki seems to have plot armour nearly rivalling Jesus Yamato at this point. I pray that the Sword Eater fight actually gives him a decent opponent, as it is starting to get stale seeing him insta-gib everyone so easily.

8.5/10 out for this episode, big step up from the last one.

Antanaru said:
Ugh, this adaptation gets worse by episode. So much padding, so much nonsense and pointless flashiness and bullshit. The fight was your average yelling, jumping and swinging around when it was supposed to be a duel between swordsmen. At this point it's really no different than Asterisk.

Lol, pretending that Rakudai and Asterisk are the same anymore is either trolling or pretty wilful ignorance. Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and hope it is the former.
RealityRushNov 14, 2015 11:15 AM
Nov 14, 2015 11:16 AM

Jun 2014
Idk how to feel about this fight, it was cool and flashy but it seemed like the fight against Kirihara. Ikki is getting his ass handed to him, and literally can't land a blow on his opponent to save his life, but then he overcomes that and one-shots them due to his willpower.....and the fact that he's the MC. Like seriously, him winning despite not being able to use Itto Shura wasn't even remotely surprising.

Antanaru said:
At this point it's really no different than Asterisk.

Don't bother comparing the two, they aren't really that similar anymore, and neither of them are really that spectacular anyway.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Mascera said:
She is just that desperate. There is no split personality or anything.

Oh, okay. I think like that because she like a different person when not conceal her other eye anymore.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 14, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, what a surprise, Ayase is a bitch but they try to justify it all with a sob story. What a load of shit. Don't try to force me to care with heavy-handed, stupid flashbacks. Oh, and please stop with the stupid, retarded bleeding teacher gags. It wasn't funny the first time, and it still isn't funny 7 episodes in. Stop wasting time with shit like that.

Don't even get me started on the fight. Sure, it was nice to look at and all, as I expected, but it was still very lame. Once again Ikki was getting dominated and destroyed (this time by the power of absolute bullshit (to suggest that magic can make cuts into whirlwinds is taking the piss, really)) and once again he's able to win just because he wants to and just because he's the protagonist. At least try to make it seem like he has a chance in the fight so it doesn't seem so forced when he inevitably wins.

This should have been good, and it was significantly better than last week, but there's so many problems that I can't overlook that it's just pretty crap, in all honesty.
Nov 14, 2015 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
The fight between Ayase and Ikki was better than I expected!
Nov 14, 2015 11:52 AM
Apr 2014
Cool fight and cool animation
Everything else is pretty uninteresting and déjà-vu.
Nov 14, 2015 11:55 AM

Oct 2015
RealityRush said:
A solid episode for the show, which I'm glad for after last weeks average episode. The animation, while clearly held back a bit to save for the Sword Eater fight, was still top notch for the fight scene and a feast for the eyes.

There was minimal fan-service which I can't get behind enough, the show took a more dark and mature route with some great exposition that didn't seem out-of-place, the fight was bitchin' awesome, and Stella, as always, is adorable (and thirsty) as fuck!

My only real complaint is how Ikki seems to have plot armour nearly rivalling Jesus Yamato at this point. I pray that the Sword Eater fight actually gives him a decent opponent, as it is starting to get stale seeing him insta-gib everyone so easily.

8.5/10 out for this episode, big step up from the last one.

Not sure if this is a minor spoiler or not, but I'll just spoiler tag it just in case:

Nov 14, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2010
Ikki kicking off the school building was epic!!

And the way he won without even needing his ace. Too BA. Won mentally and physically.

Sword Eater is being quite hyped tho. Hope he lives up to it.
Nov 14, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
Still hate Ayase for using such a cheap trick just to win...if she need to cheat to win, there's no way she will stand a chance against Kuraudo (Sword Eater).
Well, Ikki is just too nice to girl...at least he gain some new skills.
Nov 14, 2015 12:50 PM

Apr 2015
'Not your Itto Shura of the night'.
Wow Stella ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Nov 14, 2015 12:57 PM

Aug 2015
Stella with dirty thoughts is cute.
Nov 14, 2015 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
That. Was. Sick.

But seriously... do any characters other than Ikki (and probably Stella) have moral qualms about killing another student in these matches? He even switched his sword to phantom form instead of killing her (which probably would've happened with that mid-body slash if he hadn't switched).

Edit: At least of all of the opponents Ikki fights ^
GileonFletcherNov 14, 2015 1:21 PM
Nov 14, 2015 1:16 PM

Sep 2013
^all the other people who didn't kill their opponents?

That suicide attempt XD
The fight was good, so much feels :'(
The renji lookalike probably has a reason to go after swordsmen, maybe another person killed his family.
Nov 14, 2015 1:27 PM

Oct 2015
Great job by Ayase's VA. The sense of desperation was on point and the ending had so much feels.

I would also like to give major props to the music. Most of the tracks were already used earlier in the anime, but the way they were used as well done. They really helped enhance the atmosphere and emotion of various scenes.

And Stella's dream, lol xD
Nov 14, 2015 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
danieltortoisee said:
Oh, what a surprise, Ayase is a bitch but they try to justify it all with a sob story. What a load of shit. Don't try to force me to care with heavy-handed, stupid flashbacks. Oh, and please stop with the stupid, retarded bleeding teacher gags. It wasn't funny the first time, and it still isn't funny 7 episodes in. Stop wasting time with shit like that.

Don't even get me started on the fight. Sure, it was nice to look at and all, as I expected, but it was still very lame. Once again Ikki was getting dominated and destroyed (this time by the power of absolute bullshit (to suggest that magic can make cuts into whirlwinds is taking the piss, really)) and once again he's able to win just because he wants to and just because he's the protagonist. At least try to make it seem like he has a chance in the fight so it doesn't seem so forced when he inevitably wins.

This should have been good, and it was significantly better than last week, but there's so many problems that I can't overlook that it's just pretty crap, in all honesty.

Completely agree with this. It is getting annoying how Ikki is portrayed as the one true champion of everything that is right, and how he takes upon himself to redeem tortured souls with the power of friendship.

And the fight too. Seriously, what's the point of showing him hospitalized and barely able to walk when he was zipping around the arena a couple of hours later. How was letting Ayase get away with cheating the right decision? What if he'd lost? It would have just reinforced her belief that cheating is alright. And what exactly did he hope to achieve by winning? Ayase should be more pissed than redeemed by his antics.
Nov 14, 2015 1:28 PM

Nov 2011
Holy cr*p that was incredible O_O

I just absolutely love Ayase's character.
Nov 14, 2015 2:23 PM

Aug 2011
The opening scenes were great, the fight was good and the moral lecture was just what was needed to change the mind set.

Ikki, one of those 'saints' so to speak. Giving you the benefit of the doubt even then there's much to doubt and always so ever helpful. Isn't the best friend you could ask for?
Nov 14, 2015 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
Ofc our Jesus-kun looks past the evil deeds of Ayase-chan, she was only fooled by the devil after all. And ofc Jesus-kun wins the fight by praying to god who grants his son the ultimate power, the power of the LN protagnist who wins because he is the MC. And then Jesus-kun showers Ayase with his love for her betrayal and foul play. She could have nailed him to a cross but our Jesus-kun would only feel love and compassion for her.
Nov 14, 2015 2:50 PM

May 2013
Props to Yuu Kobayashi in this episode, really like her performance, I got the goosebumps.

The fight was cool too. Though I wish they'd develop Ikki more because sometimes being too good is bad, come on man, love yourself sometimes.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 14, 2015 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
thebrentinator24 said:
Antanaru said:
At this point it's really no different than Asterisk.

Don't bother comparing the two, they aren't really that similar anymore, and neither of them are really that spectacular anyway.
They are similar in being a bland, watered down, poor LN adaptations. Asterisk was an essence of mediocrity like IS and other series like that from the start but Rakudai looked promising at first. Sadly, producers decided to make it as bland as possible.

RealityRush said:
Lol, pretending that Rakudai and Asterisk are the same anymore is either trolling or pretty wilful ignorance. Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and hope it is the former.
The hell are you blabbering about?

Coldblade said:
And the fight too. Seriously, what's the point of showing him hospitalized and barely able to walk when he was zipping around the arena a couple of hours later
Oh, just wait for later. End of the 3rd volume had such a ridiculous recovery I couldn't believe someone accepted it for print. Even more considering it was a pretty solid series for a LN. [spoiler]Basically, some encouragement from classmates allowed him to just walk off weeks of mild tortures and drugging.[/spoiler[
AntanaruNov 14, 2015 3:00 PM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 14, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2015
Great battle looking forward to next weeks episode. Still think the OP & ED are really awful.
Nov 14, 2015 3:07 PM

Sep 2014
I hate this shitstain MC even more after this episode, WoW.
Nov 14, 2015 3:08 PM

May 2015
That was one heck of an episode. It was great. The fight was pretty damn good. I can't blame Ayase.... Now I want to see the Sword Eater getting all fucked.

Nov 14, 2015 3:50 PM

Feb 2013
AYASE'S VOICE IS SCARY TOO SCARY
When Ikki kicked the building I spazzed out that was too badass.
And Stella..
"Itto Shura of the night" laughing my ass off

I like how when Stella wants to speak up but Ikki stops her and she ACTUALLY LISTENS.
Its a small thing but makes the show better all the more.
When the fighters were entering im reminded again "Yup, this is a pretty high budget anime"
Great effects.

Voice acting top tier as usual, Ayase's truly shined.

Honestly if the score for Rakudai doesnt go up after this episode ill be very surprised, imo this show deserves a score 7.8+

"Yuri-senseri is a good teacher"
Word.
Nov 14, 2015 4:21 PM

Nov 2015
Coldblade said:
And the fight too. Seriously, what's the point of showing him hospitalized and barely able to walk when he was zipping around the arena a couple of hours later
Oh, just wait for later. End of the 3rd volume had such a ridiculous recovery I couldn't believe someone accepted it for print. Even more considering it was a pretty solid series for a LN.

He could "zipping around" because he has recovered some of his stamina and magic power. But not enough to do his Itou shura. I presumed you had read the LN, but, that was one of the cause of Ayase's lost. It wasn't explained in the anime, but Ikki used some of his magic power to increased his speed whereas Ayase thought he could only use Itou shura and no other magic. To put it plainly, she underestimated him.

That is to say, I completely agree with you. The fights in Rakudai are not very good. Especially, the fight at the end of vol 3 like you said. It's too much deus ex machina. But, well... this is a classic shounen and I dont't think the author's ambition is very high to revolutionize this genre. So, I don't expect too much.

Actually, I don't read/watch Rakudai for the fight side of the story. What interest me is, of course, the development of Stella and Ikki's relationship, and Ikki's character.
The development of their love is, somehow, a classic "pure and innocent" story. But, it's kind of refreshing and well told.
And Ikki's character is quite interesting : how he can stay a good boy though all the pain he underwent, thanks to his willpower and his love for stella. Vol 3 was quite interesting and I hope the anime adaptation will be well made.

Obviously, when I want to read a story with an real interesting character development, a seinen is a must. But, sometimes, reading a heart-warming story like Rakudai is good. Thus, those who complain about the story (too predictable or the MC always win against the bad guys or is always kind even with the bad guys or whatever), just remember, this a "normal" shounen. And if you are still unhappy, read a seinen, for example Oyasumi Pun Pun. Because in this one, the MC is... I can't even find my words... And, above all, don't read it when you are depressed.
drkurochanNov 14, 2015 4:26 PM
Nov 14, 2015 4:56 PM

Jul 2015
I'm in for the romance side of the story. For me, shounen animes becomes quite boring after some battles if it doesn't offer something extra.

One Punch Man gives some comedy and Rakudai gives some romance. I'm good with it.

Anyway... 5/5 for me.
Nov 14, 2015 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
Another good episode, Loved seeing how they portrayed Ayase in the is episode and how Ikki handled it. Also loved seeing how badass Ikki is even without his ace in the hole move. I honestly just can't wait to see the next episodes when he goes up against the sword eater!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OTCUxDNo5I&feature=youtu.be
Nov 14, 2015 5:17 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, the plot is really good, but I wanted to see the fight between the father of Ayase and Kuraudo, that would explain a bit better the personality of Ayase, besides, I think that the voice did not match well with the character of Ayase, I think the voice of the voice actress of Ayase would look better in Touka (which will appear more forward), and the voice of Touka would look better in Ayase, well, I hope that adaptation is a little more faithful to LN from now on, and hope to see great battles ..

What a face that expresses the wickedness in LN:
Nov 14, 2015 5:19 PM

Jun 2015
Urgh....these characters that try to be friends with everyone! Reminds me too much of Bell from Is it okay to pick up girls in a dungeon.

Decent fight I guess, but that was a dirty trick from Ayase >:(
Nov 14, 2015 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
yep pretty salty about this episode not gonna lie, Ikki on the path of jesus-kun forgiving the shameful display of Ayase.

and this fight i was curious how it was gonna be handled when he couldn't Itou shura but fuck it Jesus-kun doesn't that when hes got the power of an MC,as flashy as it was it's a shame it wasn't just some old fashion swordsmenship
Nov 14, 2015 5:29 PM
Feb 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Oh, and please stop with the stupid, retarded bleeding teacher gags. It wasn't funny the first time, and it still isn't funny 7 episodes in. Stop wasting time with shit like that.

Who said this was a gag? Yuuri's ability as a Blazer.

Yuuri always acting this way is too keep the guard of her opponent down.
ixarisingNov 14, 2015 10:48 PM
Nov 14, 2015 5:34 PM

Mar 2012
drkurochan said:
Some stuff like this is what prevent me giving 10 for the LN. Though it still come to the realm of believable and still in context to the story and Ikki development in general. That he is not fighting for himself alone now and he have someone waiting for him.
Nov 14, 2015 5:38 PM

Nov 2015
NeoAnkara said:
drkurochan said:
Some stuff like this is what prevent me giving 10 for the LN. Though it still come to the realm of believable and still in context to the story and Ikki development in general. That he is not fighting for himself alone now and he have someone waiting for him.

I totally agree with you
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.