Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2015 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
Breathtaking, Monogatari concludes arcs in most stunning ways, just brilliant.
Nov 7, 2015 1:46 PM

Mar 2012
mrcmc888 said:

Senjougahara seemed way too smug at the end. I mean seriously, you made her stay home from school for two days and you're bragging that you could forgive her? Does it kill you to maybe at least acknowledge you might have gone a bit too far?

Well, Oikura WAS the one to start a fight and offend Senjou.
Had she not knocked Oikura out it would become something even bigger.
(not that I excuse her behavior)

The episode was really well directed but had no emotional impact whatsover. I mean, what happened to Oikura's mom was somewhat obvious but I could not feel horrified by the idea. Even though it would be cheap, I wish they were more graphic in that scene.
Nov 7, 2015 1:49 PM

Aug 2015
Just amazing.

5/5
Nov 7, 2015 1:50 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
danieltortoisee said:
Am I the only one kinda disappointed that Oikura just left like that and will probably never show up again? It's a shame we won't get to see any more of her now, but I guess that's how it goes.

Zokuowarimonogatari, my friend. Although not the same Oikura, she will get some screentime with Araragi.

Nov 7, 2015 2:05 PM

May 2013
AmMar-Sama said:
The whole mother thing seems unreal.
Her mother died without her noticing? She has been taking care of her corpse for years? Seriously?
If someone died in my house I would definitely notice because the body will develop an awful smell in a couple of days.

Well, whatever.
It was a great arc nonetheless. The conclusion was great.

With that you can understand how mentaly and psichologicaly Oikura was broken, to take care of a corpse for two years.
Nov 7, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2014
Cozatto said:
illivinni said:
ok, now I want to know what was written in the letter. Spoiler anyone? (With spoiler tag ofcourse)

Just my own interpretation but I think it was nothing. Just blank sheets of paper.

She took a step further and left something in the envelope but has not developed enough to clearly write anything one way or another. I think that would get the laugh out of Araragi.
Nov 7, 2015 2:14 PM
Mar 2013
I really loved this arc so far but I have one question. Where is Shinobu in all this??? Is she just sleeping or chilling while all this is happening?
Nov 7, 2015 2:29 PM

May 2014
DAMN ! That was great !! 100000000000000000000000000/100000000000
The next arc is good too ? Just curious ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2015 2:35 PM

Feb 2015
I really like Ougi I don't know why, a very good episode by the way.

Lucasloco91 said:
DAMN ! That was great !! 100000000000000000000000000/100000000000
The next arc is good too ? Just curious ..

I just read some sort of summary and it seems pretty good, we'll see.
Nov 7, 2015 3:09 PM
Dec 2014
That was a really good ending to the arc, does anyone knows if we are going to see more about sengoku or kaiki in the next arcs?
Nov 7, 2015 3:22 PM

Oct 2014
As if this episode wasn't good enough, Senjougahara's message killed me and now I can't get the idea of them french kissing out of my mind ≖‿≖
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Nov 7, 2015 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
Hanekawa getting wet, so an automatic 10.

But damn, this episode was paced well, I thought the episode was about to be over even though only 14 minutes passed.

This might turn out to be my fav season if things keep going this well.
Nov 7, 2015 3:39 PM

Jan 2011
Vindstot said:
danieltortoisee said:
Am I the only one kinda disappointed that Oikura just left like that and will probably never show up again? It's a shame we won't get to see any more of her now, but I guess that's how it goes.

Zokuowarimonogatari, my friend. Although not the same Oikura, she will get some screentime with Araragi.

And even more in the Off Season
Nov 7, 2015 3:48 PM

Mar 2011
great arc but the name of it is kind of misleading. Ougi is the star of this one.

i think the letters are exactly what Araragi thought they were, hence the chuckle. he gave 3 answers and that's exactly how many papers there were. they animated a frame where you could tell that -something- was at least written on one of the papers, so they couldn't have been blank.
Nov 7, 2015 4:37 PM

Jan 2011
Man Ougi ripping Hanekawa at the start was great even though i didn't want her to lose to this bitch! in the end she still won,hint scene was pretty hype too loved this arc

hope to see Oikura in the future would be a shame for them to build up such character to never show up again
Nov 7, 2015 4:39 PM
Sep 2014
When they were going through the hints, I thought the truth was that she was insane at the time and starved her mother to death by locking her in the room and then disposed of the body.
Nov 7, 2015 6:02 PM

Apr 2015
Eh eh, amazing episode!

Gotta love Ougi ^^
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Nov 7, 2015 6:21 PM

Oct 2015
Hay! Tiger Hanekawa is back.
Excellent chapter and arc's end.
I can't wait for the next week.

PD: Koyo koyo <3<3
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Nov 7, 2015 6:41 PM

Sep 2013
what's in the letter? -__-
Nov 7, 2015 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
I'll never know what's written in that letter. Best episode this season, even though I was slightly disappointed with Oikura's reaction to the news.
Nov 7, 2015 7:30 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
mugi said:
Vindstot said:

She has an arc in Orokami.

Ah, right you are. I almost forgot about it. Still haven't read the new novel though..

Nov 7, 2015 8:07 PM

Aug 2008
Beautiful ending. Nice to see Oikura forgive Araragi and move on. Hope we see Oikura in the future.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 7, 2015 9:10 PM

Feb 2010
LOL Ougi is really pissed off at Hanekawa , breathtaking finalle for Sodachi's arc

i really want to know what happens to her after this

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Nov 7, 2015 9:12 PM

Apr 2015
Mind blown

It's been a while
since M.S.S. that
I've seen Hanekawa's
hair

Wondering about the
letter

Nov 7, 2015 10:09 PM

Dec 2014
Hanekawa with white hair streak(?)
Beautiful. :)

I'm gonna miss Sodachi.... :(
Nov 7, 2015 11:47 PM
Jan 2012
Yhneiil said:
6 more episodes left and we still have two more volumes to go. Perhaps they will skip Shinobu mail and just focus on Ougi's identity?

Goddamnit, why is it just 12 episodes.

unless they do more than 24 minutes on some episodes. I'm not really sure they can fit the other two volumes if they don't do this.

Bakemonogatari couldn't air all 15 episodes on TV because of schedule issues, so they just released the last 3 episodes online for free. If a problem comes up they could simply just do the same
Nov 8, 2015 1:26 AM

Jun 2013
testamentKAISER said:

Ougi Formula, Sodachi Riddle and Sodachi Lost happens between Nekomonogatari: Shiro and Onimonogatari (from Monogatari Series Second Season)

Also the next arc, Shinobu Mail, explains what Araragi was doing during the events of Nekomonogatari Shiro (besides beeing lost with Hachikuji) when Shinobu gets lost from him and why Hanekawa encountered with Gaen and Episode.
Murasa22Nov 8, 2015 1:39 AM
Nov 8, 2015 2:59 AM

Dec 2014
ayumuzz said:
testamentKAISER said:

Ougi Formula, Sodachi Riddle and Sodachi Lost happens between Nekomonogatari: Shiro and Onimonogatari (from Monogatari Series Second Season)

Also the next arc, Shinobu Mail, explains what Araragi was doing during the events of Nekomonogatari Shiro (besides beeing lost with Hachikuji) when Shinobu gets lost from him and why Hanekawa encountered with Gaen and Episode.

So he did another time travel? Koyomi i mean..
Nov 8, 2015 3:27 AM
Jan 2013
Damn, finally it's time for shinobu's mail.
Ougi and hanekawa, they both pissed me off, hoped to find their ntr doujin in the next comicon..
Nov 8, 2015 5:09 AM

Oct 2012

生きる気力を失うのと死にたくなるのは人心としてはまた違うものです。
I personally liked this line. Maybe some would think that monogatari is pretentious because of lines like these but I think it's simply some food for thought. I feel like the whole point of the plot is provide examples for the subtle commentaries like this.
fadesNov 8, 2015 11:28 PM

Nov 8, 2015 5:35 AM

Sep 2014
A fantastic end to the Sodachi arc. Though I wish we could've seen more of her. Oh well.
Nov 8, 2015 6:42 AM

Apr 2015
Dang... That's deep. Loved this episode.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Nov 8, 2015 6:57 AM
Sep 2009
Why do people seem to like Ougi so much?

She's way too annoying, obviously has an agenda, and I don't think it bodes well for Araragi with her there. Quite a dangerous personality, and Araragi is too stupid to back the fuck off. With a girlfriend like Gahara why even involve yourself with such people?
Nov 8, 2015 7:08 AM
Mar 2014
EvilDragon said:
Why do people seem to like Ougi so much?

She's way too annoying, obviously has an agenda, and I don't think it bodes well for Araragi with her there. Quite a dangerous personality, and Araragi is too stupid to back the fuck off. With a girlfriend like Gahara why even involve yourself with such people?

Ougi is supposed to be the antithesis of Araragi. If (s)he pisses you off, it's working.
Nov 8, 2015 7:46 AM

Feb 2015
Great arc overall.
There you go , Ougi and Hanekawa almost fight again , but still , that theory that Ougi thought was really insane. I realize it after Hint 10.
And i was suprised that Oikura didn't even get mad or get insane after hearing the theory. Well, it was a nice way to end the arc.

4/5
Time to figuring out , "who is Ougi" in the next episode, i guess?
And i don't think Ougi is Oshino's niece
YizelTroNov 8, 2015 7:52 AM
Nov 8, 2015 7:47 AM

Nov 2013
the lost child that ougi talk about at the end, is she sengoku?
Nov 8, 2015 7:57 AM
Oct 2015
This episode was an excellent conclusion on every aspects.
Well written and well animated, From the timer scene to the open ending, it truly was magnificient. Leaving an open ending is a really great choice, the all arc is about change and facing the past, there's no clear answer for everyone, you just have to think about it. I'm really happy Oikura is able to change and move on (as well as Araragi).
As for me, it's (currently) the best arc of the series.

Impressive to see that in such a short time, Oikura can be developped so much (and it was not only by the dialogue but also by the animation and the guessing part of it).
Nov 8, 2015 8:17 AM

Mar 2009
Nice episode and somewhat nice arc but I want to know more about Ougi than I cared about the other girl and her dead mother... Just seven days. For another episode.
Nov 8, 2015 10:19 AM
May 2009
What the hell did I just watch? Oh, poor Oikura dried her mom like a bug for a collection and forgot about this. Let's tell her. Not, let's not tell her. I will tell her. No, I will tell her. Don't tell her! Senpai bla bla. Kouhai. Senpai. Senpai. Kouhai. You know you dried your mom. Oh wow, thanks Araragi-kun I will now smile like hell.
Nov 8, 2015 10:33 AM

Feb 2014
Disappointed with the explanation for the disappearance, however the build up was entertaining and still found myself enjoying it to the end. Just really can't suspend my disbelief for that explanation.

I really enjoy how Hanekawa and Ougi are sort of foil characters, but yet still two sides of the same coin. Great dialogue.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2015 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
Amazing ep, but I really thought oikura had killed her mother, guess I'm a fool huh
The next arc is right after this one or it's somewhere in the timeline?

[quote=Vindstot]

Also loved this end card, anyone knows the artist?
Baby, daijobanai...
Nov 8, 2015 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
mugi said:
jonjoy said:
the lost child that ougi talk about at the end, is she sengoku?

Mayoi.

Isn't it Sengoku? Didn't this arc already occur after her disappearance?

Nov 8, 2015 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
They figured the skeleton of the mom was trash and just tossed it out?:O
---------My Profile------------
Nov 8, 2015 12:19 PM
May 2015
-SHIT there's a skeleton here! We should call the police!
-Naah,just put it with the trash nobody will notice.
a very poor conclusion to an otherwise good arc
Nov 8, 2015 12:45 PM

Jun 2013
horitsubastudent said:
The next arc is right after this one or it's somewhere in the timeline?

It happens after Onimonogatari and before Otorimonogatari. It describes what Araragi Koyomi, Kanbaru Suruga and Oshino Shinobu where doing during the events of Nekomongatari: Shiro.
Nov 8, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2013
testamentKAISER said:
ayumuzz said:

So he did another time travel? Koyomi i mean..

This arc was already after Hachikuji's disappearance and Hanekawa's encounter with the tiger, but BEFORE the events of the Nadeko's incident.

Next arc should explain the events DURING Nekomonogatari Shiro. Remember how Araragi came to rescue Hanekawa from the tiger? Also, the talk between Shinobu and Black Hanekawa on Araragi's room, when Shinobu was trying to find Araragi.
Nov 8, 2015 1:24 PM

Dec 2014
This one.. Gave me the feels, and it was sooo good.

Im so heartwarmed right now, Oikura was portrayed splendidly i hope to see her again.

Good luck, el psy kongroo.
Nov 8, 2015 2:00 PM

Jul 2014
Okay, so after rewatching the episode, this time with the knowledge of the fact that Oikura will eventually appear again, I now feel significantly more positively about this episode. At the least, the ending doesn't feel like such a middle finger this time, as I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of what Oikura wrote in the envelope; I'm betting it was one of those tests that she had given to Araragi back in middle school, whatever that was called. It would definitely make sense given his seeming amusement about it.
Nov 8, 2015 2:34 PM

Jun 2013
wow that countdown scene was good and then the hint scene Oikura is gone hopefully she'll come back and that was a nice ending to the arc
Nov 8, 2015 2:49 PM

Aug 2015
Great ending to arc wonder if we get to see Oikura, Sodachi again.
Can't wait for the next arc.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

185 by RioFS »»
Apr 6, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wyatt - Oct 3, 2015

296 by the7threvival »»
Apr 6, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

127 by RioFS »»
Apr 5, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

170 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

171 by RioFS »»
Apr 4, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.