Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 8, 2015 9:54 PM

Jun 2011
tr1ckst3r said:
ToG25thBaam said:
It's true that Makino is a damn fine lady, but she was like a big sis / mother figure to the kid ASL. You don't go around banging your sis / mom even though they are MILF, do you?
w-w-well... o-o-of course I wont....
*look at you weirdly*

Mirorin said:
Then there's me who thought it was just a random kid and that Dadan grew fond of children for some reason. Ok then.
It could be, (lol) but quite unlikely. Makino has a child, and the kid is only few years old, quite unlikely for her to leave her kid alone somewhere.
ToG25thBaamNov 8, 2015 9:58 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 9, 2015 2:05 AM
Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:

Mirorin said:
Then there's me who thought it was just a random kid and that Dadan grew fond of children for some reason. Ok then.
It could be, (lol) but quite unlikely. Makino has a child, and the kid is only few years old, quite unlikely for her to leave her kid alone somewhere.

Even if, it doesn´t matter, if it´s Makino´s child or not. If it is, it´ll just ignite the thought of huh nice, good for her cute baby.
Furthermore 100% denied that it´s any of the ASL brothers kid, none of them showed either interest in Makino o women in general.

It could be a nice twist, story-wise to give Ace a child to make him live on, in a way, but if that´s the case it wouldn´t be Makino´s, she´d just be the foster mother. Even that would dillute his legacy within Luffy and Sabo. Giving Ace a kid would be bittersweet.

Judging from the SBS it´s trolling as Oda confirms nothing and also denies nothing. The only hint we get is that she holds the kid, the ring on her finger and the fact that it has her nose. He could want to reveal that it´s actually Shanks son, but it equally could be some random townsmans son Oda didn´t give a fuck about, he just wanted to have Makino a kid. Shanks being the father, is also unlikely because it would require Shanks to just go back marry and bang Makino stay for a while and get back to the new world instead of staying with her and actually being a husband. What´s the point? Why the change of heart?. He should love her, if he marries her. Taking her with him is unlikely because of the dangers of new world.

Yes I do get that Oda´s writing puts adventure>women like Ussops Dad and I still don´t get why Ussop thinks well of him when he left the family to live free without any trace of visiting them or even sending any money to his family.

Whatever Roger was, even a murderer he still came back during his womens pregnancy and protected her before his death and even requested a guy he trusted to protect his newborn child because he knew he couldn´t be there for him.

Roger 1 Yassop 0. Anyway if it actually is Shanks son he may not know about him, he also could have some unfinished business in the new world and wants actually to go back to windmill village and live peaceful after Luffy has taken his place and bsuiness is done. He´s in his 30´s now it´d make sense to settle down and pass on the torch.

Anyway this would make for alot of better and more development instead of pulling a Yassop on Shanks, it also would make Shanks potential death everyone is waiting for way more tearful.

Anyway I´d take the random dad every time over Yassop Shanks, because that´d be just cheap and boring.
IsterioNov 9, 2015 2:13 AM
Nov 9, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2010
short_review said:
I think it's the first time he used something as cheap as cutting a sentence in the middle.

A good manga is not about cliffangers but about good writing and good stories. If you go back at the beginning of One Piece you will find many things that could have been cliffhangers. But no. They were not. They were in the middle of chapters, at the bottom of one page and you just had to turn the page to see what happened and sometimes they weren't even at the bottom ! But it was not a problem. Why? Because the story was good enough not to use cheap tricks like this !

And I would even add that you can judge the quality of a story by the amount of cliffhangers in it. If the author is using more and more of them it means that he has less and less ideas. I'm not saying One Piece is bad. I love it. Just that cliffhangers don't make good stories.

You realize we probably won't find out what happened to Sanji next chapter anyway? Im 90% sure we're getting a flashback and only at the end of it we'll find out the rest of this sentence. So it doesn't really matter it Oda cut it as a cliffhanger or in the middle of the chapter. Point is he doesn't want to tell us what happened; he wants to show it.

At least that is what I believe, we'll find out in 2 weeks.
Nov 9, 2015 10:52 AM

May 2015
short_review said:
I think it's the first time he used something as cheap as cutting a sentence in the middle.

A good manga is not about cliffangers but about good writing and good stories. If you go back at the beginning of One Piece you will find many things that could have been cliffhangers. But no. They were not. They were in the middle of chapters, at the bottom of one page and you just had to turn the page to see what happened and sometimes they weren't even at the bottom ! But it was not a problem. Why? Because the story was good enough not to use cheap tricks like this !

And I would even add that you can judge the quality of a story by the amount of cliffhangers in it. If the author is using more and more of them it means that he has less and less ideas. I'm not saying One Piece is bad. I love it. Just that cliffhangers don't make good stories.

Just that is really bad phrasing is what I am saying. That being said, there is probably a notable difference between cutting a sentence in the middle and ending a chapter on a conflict, but I'd still classify both as cliffhangers.

Also, I'd figure such, but you phrased it kinda badly. Extensive use should dictate whether or not the cliffhanger seriously affects the works because it comes out on chapter by chapter basis, but I realize I simply read it wrong(" only bad mangas should do that").

I've never seen someone who feels so strongly about cliffhangers though, lol.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Nov 9, 2015 8:41 PM
Oct 2012
Makino is wearing a wedding ring, it's a sign that it probably is her child
Nov 10, 2015 1:21 AM

Jun 2011
Isterio said:
Judging from the SBS it´s trolling as Oda confirms nothing and also denies nothing. The only hint we get is that she holds the kid, the ring on her finger and the fact that it has her nose. He could want to reveal that it´s actually Shanks son, but it equally could be some random townsmans son Oda didn´t give a fuck about, he just wanted to have Makino a kid. Shanks being the father, is also unlikely because it would require Shanks to just go back marry and bang Makino stay for a while and get back to the new world instead of staying with her and actually being a husband. What´s the point? Why the change of heart?. He should love her, if he marries her. Taking her with him is unlikely because of the dangers of new world.
I actually agree with a lot of your points, but iirc Oda said that "it was probably that person" meaning we probably knew the father of the kid. Another hint would be the kid's hair colour, but it could just be there to throw us off. Oda could throw us a huge curve and reveal that, as you said, Lucky Roo as the father, then he would just be trolling the shipping community. :/

I can see Shanks leaving Makino alone back in the Fuusha village. Shanks is a free man, he fell in love with a woman, but didn't want to be tied up in a place, hence leaving her for the New World. Yes, that may have sound terrible in today's society, but it isn't that bad in his case. Makino herself doesn't seem to be that bothered.

Yasopp is a different case tho, her wife couldn't live without him and passed away because of that, and we never hear one word from Yasopp. Granted, he may not have known about it, but still.. Usopp probably idolized his dad because of the influence of his mom. She probably told her a lot about his dad. Beside, I don't think it's that simple. I think in some way, Usopp wanted to like what his mom liked, he couldn't bear to hate his dad because he loved his mom and his mom loved his dad. He wanted to believe that the pirate's life is worth just that much, so much that his dad would abandon his family to pursue it.

Isterio said:
Anyway if it actually is Shanks son he may not know about him, he also could have some unfinished business in the new world and wants actually to go back to windmill village and live peaceful after Luffy has taken his place and bsuiness is done. He´s in his 30´s now it´d make sense to settle down and pass on the torch.
This really makes me wonder what Shanks' aim truly is, if he actually has one. It couldn't just be waiting for Luffy to reach his level, could it? Based on his action so far, he seems to be in the role of a mediator. He tried to convinced Whitebeard to retract his order about having Ace going up against Blackbeard; he tried to stop Kaidou from going into a conflict with Whitebeard; he tried to stop further bloodshed between the marine and yonkou; he didn't try to finish off Blackbeard when he had the chance, etc.. It seems like he's maintaining a balance between the powerhouses.

That said, Big Mom so far doesn't seem to be any better (lol), she just want all the sweets. >_>
Nov 10, 2015 3:05 AM
Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
This really makes me wonder what Shanks' aim truly is, if he actually has one. It couldn't just be waiting for Luffy to reach his level, could it? Based on his action so far, he seems to be in the role of a mediator. He tried to convinced Whitebeard to retract his order about having Ace going up against Blackbeard; he tried to stop Kaidou from going into a conflict with Whitebeard; he tried to stop further bloodshed between the marine and yonkou; he didn't try to finish off Blackbeard when he had the chance, etc.. It seems like he's maintaining a balance between the powerhouses.

That said, Big Mom so far doesn't seem to be any better (lol), she just want all the sweets. >_>

Well to be frank, my pov and the one I asusme Oda tried to convey always with Shanks and the Strawhats to be Peace Mains aka Pirates that steal from other pirates instead of plundering and raping. While the pirates that are villains are Morganias that hurt innocents, a concept he did establish in Romance dawn, but is more nuanced in One Piece.

It´s told that Roger demolished whole countries because they insulted his crew,yet Jaya can be considered a country in One Piece terms, also destroying a country can define the overthrowing of a reign like Doflamingo´s, therefore technically Roger may have never done something moraly questionable.

My assumption is that Shanks wanted to live the dream of his Captain, but once he hit the top of the foodchain he noticed that he´s not cut out for it and he bet his money on Luffy. I´m saying his goal is just to live an adventurous live with lots of drinking and fighting without harming any innocents, which is why he and his crew behaved so well in Windmill village.

Basicly the same behaviour his captain taught him, but Roger did find out some truths about the world he may or may have not been interested in. Since Robin is a part of Luffys crew the sole reason he´ll overthrow the world will probably be something mundane like they hurt his friends (Vivi, Robin, The Fishman and so on).

IsterioNov 10, 2015 3:38 AM
Nov 10, 2015 3:41 AM
Nov 2015
Guyssss I have an interesting idea on what happened... Like remember sheepshead? the last guy Sanji was fighting and remember how Nami was sleeping on a Giant SHEEP on 806 maybe a link XD like, Sheepshead could turn his body into sheep parts, what if he could turn someone else into one...
Nov 10, 2015 8:09 AM

Mar 2015
Sathish96 said:
Guyssss I have an interesting idea on what happened... Like remember sheepshead? the last guy Sanji was fighting and remember how Nami was sleeping on a Giant SHEEP on 806 maybe a link XD like, Sheepshead could turn his body into sheep parts, what if he could turn someone else into one...

My view on it is: Sanji kicked that sheep's butt, then cried alot to his big bro Jack, Jack went full madhouse mode on Zou to look for the one who caused it, Sanji couldn't stand people getting tortured because of him. Then, he went in his all-cool-mode again (with him loosening his tie, you can probably imagine the scene before you already) and told Jack he was the one who caused all of his friends being beaten to shit, then Jack tortured Sanji and captured him for further torture or to bring him to Kaido or smth. Maybe Jack even got away tnx to exchanging Sanji when he tried to free Mingo
Nov 11, 2015 9:05 AM

Nov 2014
Nami is back! And even better <3 but where is my cook?
Nov 11, 2015 3:21 PM

Mar 2009
Damn. Nami looked gorgeous. Also, Chopper looks like a pimp. lmao.

There goes the mink girl licking Luffy again. Like I said last time, One Piece doujins are going to be very weird in the future.
Nov 12, 2015 8:02 PM

Jun 2011
Isterio said:
Well to be frank, my pov and the one I asusme Oda tried to convey always with Shanks and the Strawhats to be Peace Mains aka Pirates that steal from other pirates instead of plundering and raping. While the pirates that are villains are Morganias that hurt innocents, a concept he did establish in Romance dawn, but is more nuanced in One Piece.

My assumption is that Shanks wanted to live the dream of his Captain, but once he hit the top of the foodchain he noticed that he´s not cut out for it and he bet his money on Luffy. I´m saying his goal is just to live an adventurous live with lots of drinking and fighting without harming any innocents, which is why he and his crew behaved so well in Windmill village.
This seems the most likely from what we've been given so far. It does feel a bit.. unmotivated tho, I mean, where's the fun in drinking and partying all days? Especially considering that he's a yonkou, he must have several countries under his flag. It's probably gonna take us more than 5 years real life time to learn of Shanks real intention.. or maybe never, and he's just gonna die by Blackbeard's hand. It would suck tho if we never got to learn more about Shanks.

I haven't thought of the theme of good pirate vs evil pirate, but it could be that. Oda has hinted many times at the clash between Blackbeard and Shanks that will eventually come, and Blackbeard would represent evil, and Shanks as the good pirate. Going by what you describe as good and evil, Kidd was/is bordering the evil side.. o_o

Sathish96 said:
The sheep did look a bit suspicious in this chapter. I thought it was just because Nami mentioned her captain/crew and the sheep dude was just jealous / don't wanna let Nami go cause she's bae.
Nov 15, 2015 6:33 PM
Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:

I haven't thought of the theme of good pirate vs evil pirate, but it could be that. Oda has hinted many times at the clash between Blackbeard and Shanks that will eventually come, and Blackbeard would represent evil, and Shanks as the good pirate. Going by what you describe as good and evil, Kidd was/is bordering the evil side.. o_o

The concept of good and evil pirates was more detailed in Romance down and they were thrown into two groups.
Like I mentioned in One Piece it´s a little less strict and but still nuanced.
Luffy still freed Crocodile for a deal and makes friends with guys like Bellamy.
However, neither Shanks, Whitebeard, or the Strawhats did ever wrong innocents.

Even if they forgave guys like Hachin, they still do not approve of evildoers like Doflamingo.
Nov 16, 2015 1:36 AM

Apr 2014
I didn't expect Sanji to actually dead but I also didn't want all this cliffhanger to be "voila, nothing happened,lol" kind of shit Oda pulls.

My prediction is, Sanji actually meet Jack, but Jack is actually an Okama, and not just a normal Okama, he is from Newkama High Temple that lose against Iva for the Okama throne, he then banished from newkama land after he lose to Iva and become Kaido subordinate.
Now the question is where the hell is Sanji? after knowing the fact that Jack is an Okama, Sanji got a recurring of his 2 years trauma and he did what he need to do everytime he met an Okama, which is Run, to the sky...
Jan 27, 2016 2:27 AM

Oct 2014
probably was captured by Big Mam
Mar 8, 2016 3:21 AM

Jan 2016
I can tell Oda is having a lot of fun drawing these minks lol. He loves wacky animals.

I'm seeing a lot of similarities to Skypiea.
May 16, 2018 1:14 PM

Feb 2013
Something happened to Sanji!
May 27, 2018 5:56 AM

Mar 2017
mah Boy Shanks has a son/daughter ; w ;
i can't---
h e a r t b r e a k

It's really impossible that it's Ace or Sabo's child. Makino is like a big sister to them.. it would be really ODD if one of them liked her in a sexual way.

rereading

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Sep 18, 2018 5:14 PM

Dec 2015
Nami looking sexy af!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 15, 2020 11:35 AM
Mar 2019
Must have something to do with him just alive poster. I really like the way Zou gets the water, that's pretty cool
Nov 4, 2022 12:52 PM

May 2021
Zoro being the mouthpiece for Go D. Usopp is as nature intended.

Dec 18, 2022 8:23 PM

Aug 2021
yayyyy everyone's reunited... well, almost everyone
May 28, 2023 11:15 PM

Dec 2022
damn so Nami just lays on the giant rabbit all day long? giwtwm
Aug 22, 2023 7:34 PM
Dec 2019
there is no bad one piece chapter
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

21 by Brunilde »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.