Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2015 6:26 AM

Oct 2006
Hey its pretty entertaining, at least this show has a decent kind of plot unlike a lot of others along the same genre.
Though considering the character designs are so nice, the animation is really quite the disappointing factor. Would have been great if they had say... Hakuouki's budget.
Oct 15, 2015 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
Kilikclia said:
Well, the three guys are creeps, except the main guy (Rem was it?), the dog, and the brothers--so far anyways.

lol, I think Rem is the creepiest - poker face & somehow uninterested; gives simple & short answers.
Oct 15, 2015 7:07 AM

May 2010
That wasn't bad, I still feel this show has potential. Ritsuka wasn't as lively as she was in episode 1, but I just hope it is a temporary thing (Which would make sense, considering the disappearance of her mom)

The musical performance was nice. I love the OP.
Oct 15, 2015 8:39 AM

Mar 2013
yuliyana29 said:
Kilikclia said:
Well, the three guys are creeps, except the main guy (Rem was it?), the dog, and the brothers--so far anyways.

lol, I think Rem is the creepiest - poker face & somehow uninterested; gives simple & short answers.

I guess. Everyone has preferences-- I'm just more interested in the quiet, mysterious types-- prefereably, ones that look normal and don't have weird hair, lol
Oct 15, 2015 8:50 AM

Feb 2015
The episode was good, though Kaichou's song was surprising. I guess we can say this anime is going to be musical. Wow! That's a first. Didn't her brother look more like her aunt?!

Oh! And I really like the ending theme.

Ritshiro said:
Oh my gosh, Shiki's scene xD that rapist face!

This... is kinda creepy even though he's cute.
Oct 15, 2015 10:02 AM

Mar 2008
katiekins said:
mayukachan said:

The issue is that the brother looks like an Ayato clone (the one from Dialovers) so I keep on expecting something who's not as deep sounding and more sultry, like Saito's character. Out of all the characters, I can only say Saito fits his well as well as Kondou's. Shiki needs a more shota voice like Yuki Kaji. Mage needs someone like Suwabe or Maeno.

I like where you went with this. If Mage were voiced by Suwabe it would be a done deal for me. I can't resist that mans voice. Love him.

Same here. Mage is TOTALLY a Suwabe character. It'd be perfect, sigh.

As for this episode, I absolutely loved it. Needs more songs though. I think this show is pretty interesting so far and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.
Oct 15, 2015 12:13 PM

Apr 2011
Just keep singing just keep singing. rem.the.prince.of.despair. hahaha
mannn, if he wasn't really a devil/demon it'd be the best chuni theme song, LOL.
the best.the freakin' best.

This episode confirmed my theory

still not used to shiki's voice. I don't know how long it will take. x_x"
Oct 15, 2015 3:34 PM

Mar 2008
Xenocrisi said:
Wincest route please.

God I want this SO bad.

Is it me or Brother's voice doesn't fit him at all...? I was like "what the hell..." when we first heard his voice.

I love watching cheesy stuff and this series is too cheesy for my likes. Still enjoying though. Ritsuka pushed the guy away and got a lot of points from there. But I hope she won't be a damsel in distress all the time.
Oct 15, 2015 5:17 PM

Jul 2011
The songs aren't bad at all... but the timing loool.

Only time she got points was when she said, "No, thank you!" But otherwise she got generic really fast...

Evidently, the dog is the best character.
Oct 15, 2015 6:15 PM

Sep 2015
The musical part annoys me, it ruins the atmosphere. Personally I think this show would be so much better without it.

Seems like everyone's thinking the same thing, Mage is a total Suwabe Junichi character, half expecting his voice when Mage started talking. And the not-so shouta yandere should be Kaji, lol, now that I know Rejet produces this, it really is a surprise he is not in this...

I'm putting this on hold for now until there are more eps so I can be annoyed all at once.
Oct 15, 2015 10:11 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Maybe it's because I've always been a fan of Broadway musicals, but I find random insert songs completely normal, not out of place. You're walking down the street and see a bird and suddenly burst into a song about how great it is to be alive? That's normal, right? I liked the songs in the first ep a lot more tho.

Helenus said:
One thing I don't get: the members of the student council are supposed to be devils, right?

So WHY are the DEVIL WORSHIPPERS their enemy?
Different factions vying for control of the grimoire (and, thus, devildom as a whole) is my suspicion.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 16, 2015 12:14 AM

May 2014
LOL, damn what can I say. I guess my first impression would be that it has ok plot with a lot of gay characters. Hmm, what's very unusual is the songs in each ep. That I have never seen in an anime before. Also, it has a different ending each time too (I think) which is also very nice.

Hmm, so it's about a chick that's trying to find her mom and that meets many evil dudes on her way. I wonder if that evil woman (the leader) could be the mother or someone related. Well, that would be shocking and epic. xD
Oct 16, 2015 12:27 AM

May 2014
Shimai_ni said:
I just love how Rem doesn't like mushrooms. We share the same opinion about those. I see she is becoming closer with the student council president, which we don't know for sure which species he is (a devil perhaps? lol xD)
That fight scene felt blunt, instead of action we got dancing and a song (which wasn't bad actually but stil...).
My first impression was that Hatano Wataru's voice felt out of place. Someone else's voice would suit her brother more.

yeah, someone with a more dark voice I guess. He had a way too light voice. :/
Oct 16, 2015 12:33 AM

May 2014
kattee said:
when i was expecting to see decent fighting scene he just started singing there -____-

I guess I should say trololololo xD
Oct 16, 2015 12:58 AM
May 2015

So the onisama has appeared, so the big question, is he the bad guy or........

Is he?
Oct 16, 2015 11:00 AM

Sep 2015
So far, the series seems to be heading into what's usually associated with light novel adaptations. Some circumstance brings the heroine together with several bishonen guys who are all trying to attract her attention. The four student council guys we've gotten to know up to this point fit into some of the stereotypes for the male characters. Hopefully this story will find a way to make itself rise above the standard "light novel formula." It's an OK start for the series, but hopefully it will be able to progress beyond this level in some way.

So far, the best part of this series has been the musical numbers. There was only one in this episode, but considering how serious the story was here, having more than that just would have felt out of place. The one time we did get a musical number was during a fight scene.
Oct 16, 2015 9:04 PM

Jun 2013
Axelucard_ said:
what's the point of the music anyway
Steven15ify said:
Hope this gets better. Boring as hell.
This.
Oct 17, 2015 10:01 AM

Sep 2015
Loved the song !! haha "get ur filthy hands off her"
dosent the brother and rem look kinda the same? ha
wierd cant wait for what happens next
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2015 10:51 AM

Jul 2009
Of course every girl would be jealous of her...
The brother looks like a red hair version of Rem...
Oct 19, 2015 7:47 AM

Dec 2010
katiekins said:
mayukachan said:

The issue is that the brother looks like an Ayato clone (the one from Dialovers) so I keep on expecting something who's not as deep sounding and more sultry, like Saito's character. Out of all the characters, I can only say Saito fits his well as well as Kondou's. Shiki needs a more shota voice like Yuki Kaji. Mage needs someone like Suwabe or Maeno.

I like where you went with this. If Mage were voiced by Suwabe it would be a done deal for me. I can't resist that mans voice. Love him.

Same here! When I saw Mage's character I really thought Suwabe was gonna voice him, it would've made this show a must watch this season.
Oct 20, 2015 1:59 PM

Dec 2014
Wincest?
Oct 21, 2015 10:57 PM
Sep 2014
Well....why not fight with an ill placed fancy song.....doesn't everyone?
-sarcasm-
Oct 24, 2015 8:22 PM

Nov 2007
that musical part was really random.

and boy her bro is hot but please no incest (there deff will be)

banana
Oct 27, 2015 11:04 PM
Aug 2011
Uhm What? The song whilst fighting was hilarious and very strange at the same time.

The rest is kind is boring though, it feels like it goes really slow.
A lot of lingering and panning around slowly and talking slowly.
What is this? Toei's One Piece or something?

I have a feeling the brother is the main baddie.
He seemed really sketchy standing out there in the dark like that and i'm guessing he's probably not even related to her.

Zyukichan said:
I like Rem, but there's one thing bugging me..

THIS makes him look so feminine... arggggh
can you imagine what he would look like without them? ten times better if you ask me.

You are so wrong!
He's got the kind of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure eyelash style down, it's gud.
standOct 27, 2015 11:41 PM
Oct 29, 2015 12:17 AM

Jan 2015
2nd best dog of anime 2015. Awesome music and song for the battle scene!

stand said:

Zyukichan said:
I like Rem, but there's one thing bugging me..

THIS makes him look so feminine... arggggh
can you imagine what he would look like without them? ten times better if you ask me.

You are so wrong!
He's got the kind of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure eyelash style down, it's gud.

Agreed.
Nov 3, 2015 7:13 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome song (and songs), but lol was that random.
Yay, brother shows up. Let the shipping begin, considering people are gonna be "He's not her brother!"
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Nov 20, 2015 10:20 AM

Jun 2015
There is just one thing, that I have to say about this episode, the choice of seyiuu for Lindo seems... weird. It doesn't fit him, in my opinion.
Dec 4, 2015 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
This singing during the anime is killing me! It's so boring. Too bad it is important and it has to do with the story, otherwise I would just forward it :) Rem is pain in the a**, no expressions also, whatsoever. Other guys are just creepy :) I feel sorry for the girl :) Lets see how's the brother.
Oct 12, 2017 2:53 AM

Apr 2017
Nov 18, 2017 10:34 AM

May 2013
lol an anime musical that's not a music based plotline? That's-- interesting... lolol

Zayum, that onii-chan sure is fine ;D ;D
Oct 1, 2021 11:57 AM
Apr 2021
Nice episode, I love Rem's voice
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

72 by Slitchka »»
Apr 5, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

79 by Kyarrific413 »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

43 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

64 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2015

120 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.