Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2015 12:18 AM

Mar 2013
I give up every day.
Oct 12, 2015 12:28 AM

Mar 2014
Shia LaBeouf told me I could do it so no I never give up
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 12, 2015 12:32 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah, depressing answer, but right now, yeah.

But I have to remember that it's a process, and that this is just one step of the process.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Oct 12, 2015 2:11 AM

Feb 2012
hitokiri1859 said:

Trying to justify suicide is just another excuse your giving people because you already gave up on humanity. So your at a point that yeah its your decision and no one can stop you if thats really what you want. But you still effect people around you. If you throw a rock into a pond what happens? The rock hits the water and ripples spread across the water. You are a rock in life and if you kill yourself what happens? It ripples though the rest of the pond and effects all the people who you interacted with. You can choose what ever you want end game but don't try to rationalize something that will effect people in a negative way. I've lost some really amazing people to suicide who never said a word it was selfish of them and they will never know how many people got hurt from their decisions. Maybe you can't understand because you think "no one understands what you feel" Or maybe you don't want to understand. But I would keep all of this in mind when you make what ever decision. You are the cause an effect if your in a situation thats bad move get out of it do what ever it takes find friends who can help if you do all that and you situation doesn't change and you want to give up. But if you roll over and give up without putting any effort then don't try to "rationalise it" when other people are fighting hard to make life better.

Guilt tripping. How original. It would be easy if all problems were moral in nature and could be solved with mere words.
Oct 12, 2015 2:13 AM

Jan 2014
Yup and I think a few people on here would be pissed if they knew what I was talking about.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 12, 2015 2:37 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think I've given up on something .. I might have .. I just don't remember sigh. But I normally try to not give up until the very end.
Oct 12, 2015 2:42 AM

Sep 2014
DisdainMatto said:
Yup and I think a few people on here would be pissed if they knew what I was talking about.

...What are you talking about?
Oct 12, 2015 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
Yes.

That anime/that manga - rarely drop them though
School - but I finished it, phew
Work - but I didn't given up yet, I can't xP
Dreams - almost giving up... (;_;)
Love - I think I already gave up on this long ago
People (as in general) - Same as above.
and most importantly, my life - I think about suicide almost everyday.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Oct 12, 2015 2:53 AM

Jan 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
DisdainMatto said:
You don't need to know unless I actually do it. By then it will already be too late.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 12, 2015 3:43 AM

Sep 2014
DisdainMatto said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:
You don't need to know unless I actually do it. By then it will already be too late.

So, does that means it's suicide? :(
Oct 12, 2015 3:46 AM

Jan 2014
shotz_ said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

So, does that means it's suicide? :(
no i think he's talking about his mal livestreams club. i guess it's not really taking off.
No, i'm not suicidal. Yes, it's the livestream. No, it's not because it's not taking off. There are a few reasons I don't really want to get into yet, not the least of being that it's started to take on a more official status than I originally desired. I won't be killing it off just yet, I'll give it at least a good try, just don't expect this to last.

edit: there was a fucking essay here before, i'll be saving this for a later date.
ThrashMattoOct 12, 2015 4:13 AM
I love Christine

Oct 12, 2015 5:04 AM

Sep 2014
DisdainMatto said:

No, i'm not suicidal. Yes, it's the livestream. No, it's not because it's not taking off. There are a few reasons I don't really want to get into yet, not the least of being that it's started to take on a more official status than I originally desired. I won't be killing it off just yet, I'll give it at least a good try, just don't expect this to last.

edit: there was a fucking essay here before, i'll be saving this for a later date.

Oh, that. I've personally forgotten the whole livestream thing even existed more than once, so it doesn't bother me at least. :p I'm fine for stuff such as group/skype chats, but livestreams have never really been my thing.
Oct 12, 2015 6:45 AM

Jul 2015
I gave up playing the guitar and piano, basketball, volleyball, ballet, and drawing. I give up pretty easily.
Oct 12, 2015 6:49 AM
Mar 2011
I feel like giving up on everything.
Oct 12, 2015 6:55 AM

Feb 2013
I felt, but I didn't give up;
Programming - divine activity, but I can't make money with it.
Right now, I've been forced to drop programming and start looking for a job as unskilled worker. Some kind of spiritual suicide.
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
Oct 12, 2015 6:59 AM

Apr 2013
Is life important? No? Then not.
Oct 12, 2015 7:05 AM

Jun 2011
Yeah, I threw away my interest in movies and I'm proud of my choice.
When I graduated from HS I chose to forget about everyone and everything that happened there.
But I will never give up on my goals, because being a man means not giving up.
Oct 12, 2015 7:14 AM

Feb 2015
Of course. It's just the matter of picking yourself back up when it happens.

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Oct 12, 2015 7:25 AM
Oct 12, 2015 7:34 AM

May 2015
hitokiri1859 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Killing yourself is selfish, but so are the people who want to keep you alive.

Now, I'm glad you found life worthwhile, but not everyone does. Suicidal people actually do talk about it. I talk about it often because I'm seriously considering the option.

Not everyone is better off pushing through life and sometimes the things you can experience are inaccessible to you. If you find yourself in a state where too many things are out of your reach, life is static and you don't fit in then killing yourself is a legitimate option.

Suicide is more rational than people think. Not all life are worth living and it's up to the individual to decide.

Trying to justify suicide is just another excuse your giving people because you already gave up on humanity. So your at a point that yeah its your decision and no one can stop you if thats really what you want. But you still effect people around you. If you throw a rock into a pond what happens? The rock hits the water and ripples spread across the water. You are a rock in life and if you kill yourself what happens? It ripples though the rest of the pond and effects all the people who you interacted with. You can choose what ever you want end game but don't try to rationalize something that will effect people in a negative way. I've lost some really amazing people to suicide who never said a word it was selfish of them and they will never know how many people got hurt from their decisions. Maybe you can't understand because you think "no one understands what you feel" Or maybe you don't want to understand. But I would keep all of this in mind when you make what ever decision. You are the cause an effect if your in a situation thats bad move get out of it do what ever it takes find friends who can help if you do all that and you situation doesn't change and you want to give up. But if you roll over and give up without putting any effort then don't try to "rationalise it" when other people are fighting hard to make life better.

I agree with you it affects people, but not sure about the guiit thing. What about the morality of forcing people into life? We never chose to be born, we were forced to and now we have to live with no option of exit.

My solution to this dilemma is euthanasia for anyone who wants. This way, a person can kill himself while giving his family and friends time to prepare. Suicide will still be sad, but it won't be a surprising sucker-punch. People could say their last goodbye and try to make things come full circle.

If the choice for a person you love is either living in suffering or dying in peace, what would you choose for them?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 12, 2015 7:45 AM

Sep 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
I agree with you it affects people, but not sure about the guiit thing. What about the morality of forcing people into life? We never chose to be born, we were forced to and now we have to live with no option of exit.

My solution to this dilemma is euthanasia for anyone who wants. This way, a person can kill himself while giving his family and friends time to prepare. Suicide will still be sad, but it won't be a surprising sucker-punch. People could say their last goodbye and try to make things come full circle.

If the choice for a person you love is either living in suffering or dying in peace, what would you choose for them?

I think the problem is that many people seem to have the mindset of "life is important, we must try to maintain a life whatever the cost". That's also why there are people who are not only against abortion, but even uber pro-life under certain circumstances such as the woman being raped, or the high probability of her dying during child birth. They're in a vocal minority of course, but they exist.

I think the most likely explanation is that we're just "programmed" so to speak, to perceive being alive as being desirable, and being dead as being undesirable. It makes sense, but there are some cases where you're better off being dead, as harsh as that may sound.
Oct 12, 2015 4:52 PM

May 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I think the problem is that many people seem to have the mindset of "life is important, we must try to maintain a life whatever the cost". That's also why there are people who are not only against abortion, but even uber pro-life under certain circumstances such as the woman being raped, or the high probability of her dying during child birth. They're in a vocal minority of course, but they exist.

I think the most likely explanation is that we're just "programmed" so to speak, to perceive being alive as being desirable, and being dead as being undesirable. It makes sense, but there are some cases where you're better off being dead, as harsh as that may sound.

It's important to remember that sanctitiy of life isn't in all cultures. Many cultures celebrated martyrdom and found suicide an honorable way out.

Suicide reminds many people of their mortality. That explains why we're so afraid of it.

But yes, some lives aren't worth living. Suicidal thoughts are already a huge burden. It's best to let these people have a clean exit, then risk haivng them do it on impulse. A suicide will be easier to take if people will have time to prepare.
Oct 12, 2015 5:13 PM

Dec 2014
Not try to sound edgy, yes I have. Sometimes I feel like I'm not special or good at anything. I may sound like I am cocky most of the time, but I'm not. My parents believe I am smart, but lazy. Which is true, but I don't have the hidden potential that my parents think I have. I really want to be a voice actor, but I tend to stutter when I get excited or read big words. I can't keep a proper conversation with people irl. I don't know what to say to them. I get nervous when I do something public. I feel like I'm a third wheel with my friends. I'm not really great at anything. I'm just average to below average...... I really don't want to say anymore........
Oct 12, 2015 5:40 PM

Aug 2015
Life. Sometimes I wish someone or something would just put me out of my misery but at least I don't want to do it myself anymore and I'm happy sometimes.
♫"Everyday's great at your Junes!"♫
Oct 12, 2015 6:03 PM

Apr 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
hitokiri1859 said:

Well that's why I said if circumstances don't give you any option for what ever reason then thats your choice to make. It defently shouldn't be impulsive. Would be better to try and get help but if there's no help or the help doesn't resolve the issue then its your decision. I mean people will do what they want regardless of what others tell them. Like I had a really good friend who was doing drugs and I told her its not good for her and she should quit. But it wasn't until she herself made he decision to stop that she stopped. Cause you have to have the willingness to change what your doing. The only thing someone like me can do is throw personal experience to the table and get you to think about alternative options but you get the final say i can't make you not do something. Its the internet anyways reading what I write might not even be a motivation to you at all cause you don't know me in person. But if I talked to someone on MAL then I found out later at some point that they commited suicide i'd be sad about it even if I didn't know them in real life especially if they where fun or a enjoyable person to talk too. Senpai always notices everyones posts I read them all even if its sometimes hard to translate.
Oct 12, 2015 6:17 PM

Mar 2008
Im pretty close to giving up on love, friendship, humanity, and life.
Oct 12, 2015 6:56 PM

Aug 2015
traed said:

Don't things aren't over until you give up no matter how many reasons there are to give up there are some or even just one not too and those are more important.
♫"Everyday's great at your Junes!"♫
Oct 12, 2015 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
yes, we all give up, everyone does eventually

sweet emo thread, though
Oct 12, 2015 7:57 PM

Jun 2014
Definitely gave up on making worthwhile friends.

Otherwise nah.
Oct 12, 2015 8:27 PM

Sep 2012
traed said:

You're almost there. GAMBARUUUUU!
Oct 12, 2015 8:32 PM

Oct 2013
It's an option, not a feeling. A bunch of people are indecisive, I'm the opposite - if I usually have a good idea of the conclusion so I try to decide ASAP.
Oct 12, 2015 9:58 PM

May 2015
Op: Don't cry to give up, cry to keep going. Don't cry to quit. You're already in pain. Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute, or an hour or even a year but eventually it will subside. But if you give up, it will last forever. -Eric Thomas
Oct 13, 2015 1:39 AM

Sep 2014
clintonmadara said:
Op: Don't cry to give up, cry to keep going. Don't cry to quit. You're already in pain. Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute, or an hour or even a year but eventually it will subside. But if you give up, it will last forever. -Eric Thomas

Tell that to terminally ill hospital patients.
Oct 13, 2015 1:52 AM

Apr 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
clintonmadara said:

Yeah that's a true one lost someone dear to me that way.
Oct 13, 2015 9:52 AM

May 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
clintonmadara said:

He doesn't mean physical pain op. Atleast try to understand the full meaning of the sentence.
Oct 13, 2015 10:17 AM

Sep 2014
clintonmadara said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

He doesn't mean physical pain op. Atleast try to understand the full meaning of the sentence.

I know what you mean, I just disagree that all pain is temporary. Sure, it is most of the time, but sometimes the wounds (be they mental or physical) last forever. The pain may ease at times, but it'll always be there.
Oct 13, 2015 10:41 AM

May 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
clintonmadara said:

I know what you mean, I just disagree that all pain is temporary. Sure, it is most of the time, but sometimes the wounds (be they mental or physical) last forever. The pain may ease at times, but it'll always be there.
That's why you have to let go of the past. It's not easy but you just have to do it. Lots of people have done it and they've succeded. If you cling to it however, it will last forever.
Oct 13, 2015 2:03 PM

Apr 2014
clintonmadara said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

That's why you have to let go of the past. It's not easy but you just have to do it. Lots of people have done it and they've succeded. If you cling to it however, it will last forever.

Mental scar's don't always completely heal even if you "let go of it" depends on what it is.
Oct 13, 2015 9:47 PM

May 2012
Had to stop playing soccer and tennis due to moving to another country. I used to play it all year round for competitions since I used to live in a place where it was sunny all year. It's rare to find indoor soccer and tennis facilities in where I live so I had to give them up and only able to play around summer. Fortunately I can still go swimming and play badminton whenever I want. It's difficult for badminton now that I don't have anyone to vs with unless I want to play with a brick wall.

My friends are only into basketball, and volleyball so I can't relate to their conversation most of the time when they talk about those things. I'm also awful at those games so I usually sit by the bench and watch them play.

It's always sad whenever people have to be forced to give up their favorite sport because of injury, bullying, change in environment or financial issues. Some aren't able to get over it and it weighs on their mind everyday. Feeling powerless and disabled. Eventually developed into depression and anxiety.

Took me a long while to get over soccer, tennis and badminton. I only have swimming left to keep me happy though which is better than nothing. Imagine being taught how to play this sport, eventually falling in love with this sport and having to give it up due to various reasons.
NoOct 13, 2015 9:52 PM
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Oct 13, 2015 9:54 PM

Jul 2012
You all need some sunshine or something.
Admit defeat and move on if you have to.

It just ain't no good if the sun shines
When you're still inside
Oct 13, 2015 9:56 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah I've gone through my downer times of feeling like I should give up my job or school back in the day. I usually just get over it, move on and look forward.

Gotta stay positive!
Oct 13, 2015 10:33 PM

May 2015
hitokiri1859 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Well that's why I said if circumstances don't give you any option for what ever reason then thats your choice to make. It defently shouldn't be impulsive. Would be better to try and get help but if there's no help or the help doesn't resolve the issue then its your decision. I mean people will do what they want regardless of what others tell them. Like I had a really good friend who was doing drugs and I told her its not good for her and she should quit. But it wasn't until she herself made he decision to stop that she stopped. Cause you have to have the willingness to change what your doing. The only thing someone like me can do is throw personal experience to the table and get you to think about alternative options but you get the final say i can't make you not do something. Its the internet anyways reading what I write might not even be a motivation to you at all cause you don't know me in person. But if I talked to someone on MAL then I found out later at some point that they commited suicide i'd be sad about it even if I didn't know them in real life especially if they where fun or a enjoyable person to talk too. Senpai always notices everyones posts I read them all even if its sometimes hard to translate.

I'd be terribly sad if someone I know killed him/herself, but I know that I only want people to stay alive for my benefit. I want them to stay alive so I could enjoy their presence.

I don't know what it's like to live as another person. I have no access to this information and it could be living as Person X is boring, no fun or very painful. If you don't like who you are, get rid of yourself.
Oct 14, 2015 3:57 AM

Sep 2014
hitokiri1859 said:
Mental scar's don't always completely heal even if you "let go of it" depends on what it is.

Yeah, just like physical scars, the "pain" will always be there, to some extent.
Oct 14, 2015 4:21 AM
May 2009
Oct 14, 2015 6:00 AM

Oct 2010
battosai-01 said:
If you've given up on something that means you probably weren't really invested in it that much in the first place.

life~
lots of music -
Oct 14, 2015 7:42 AM

Sep 2014
shintai88 said:
I did. and came back, and repeated the process again.

Ditto for me on some things. There's some things I "give up" time and time again, but I always come back to them. Then there's things I never return to, it just depends.
Oct 30, 2015 10:02 AM
Oct 2015
Yes I felt like that a lot lately. Just relaxing trying to watch something to ease my pain.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I might be going away for awhile

The-Nsider - Yesterday

32 by Meusnier »»
1 minute ago

» If you had the chance, which anime character would you cosplay as?

ojibanana - 5 hours ago

13 by Meusnier »»
10 minutes ago

» Have you ever used Ebay?? For buying and/or selling...?

DesuMaiden - 4 hours ago

14 by Kwanthemaster »»
22 minutes ago

» The Curse of Overtourism

Meusnier - 25 minutes ago

0 by Meusnier »»
25 minutes ago

» There's a tomato among us (•ิ_•ิ)?

tsukareru - Today

9 by Kwanthemaster »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.