Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 5, 2015 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Lupta said:
yuliyana29 said:

It's all for the sake of the plot. It was stupid, I facepalmed so hard.

i know its all for the sake of the plot, with the jerk ignorant father aswell, but still couldnt they make a situation where noone was around, it was just a kid riding his bike, and the breaks couldnt work and he couldnt stop in time and rode into the train or car... something that doesnt make humanity look completely useless and look only after themselves like selfish pricks...

I like your scenario better.
Oct 5, 2015 9:17 AM

Jan 2013
Guess I'm like a lot of other people here in that this is my first real exposure to Black Jack.

Animation was good, though the realist/gory part of me still wishes that there at least a little more indication of blood and the limbs themselves. (Guess I've seen too much House.) But the star is the mysterious (ish) aura of Hazama himself, since at least for me, what is up with him and those scars and everything. Definitely tuning in to see whats up.

(Also what an asshole dad. Like seriously, screw you douche bag.)
Oct 5, 2015 9:21 AM

Nov 2014
Hopefully it'll be revealed in the next episodes. :3

“The dreams and ideals we believe in, seem they might just fall apart if we take our eyes off them.”
Oct 5, 2015 12:17 PM

Nov 2013
DatRandomDude said:
IIIIII AM JUST FEEEEELING ALIIIIIVE
*helicopters shooting peoples*

HAHAHHA! I lolled at this!

Damn! Hazama is ripped!
Oct 5, 2015 12:59 PM
Dec 2010
Was not really feeling the first episode at all, just too many things that annoyed me:

- The kid could easily have left the track multiple times over, or alternatively the f'n adults all over the place could have pulled him away
- The bus wasn't even fully on the track the train was on, just barely the back of it, so while yes, it would have been, it should have 'only' been spun around violently, and that coupled with all the people that were already shown as having left the bus, there should barely have been any injured people on the bus. (Also, when's the last time we actually see a BUS get stuck on train tracks because the traffic in front isn't moving? It pretty much always is trucks or family cars, not frigging bus drivers that tend to drive the same routes day after day and tend to know how traffic flows and when to steer clear of the f'n tracks when the road on the other side is blocked.
- The protesters, did they actually already have finished any processes to become doctors, or are still only students? Because if it's the first, there is such a thing called the Hippocratic Oath. Obviously, Japan might be different, but still, not upholding that oath could really fvck them over in their search for a doctor job.
- A surgeon being scared of seeing blood, what a fvcking joke.
-That father character, ugh.

Heard lots of good things about the original Black Jack, but so far, this new version is off to a very bad start for me.
Oct 5, 2015 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
platinumSKIES said:
Guess I'm like a lot of other people here in that this is my first real exposure to Black Jack.

Animation was good, though the realist/gory part of me still wishes that there at least a little more indication of blood and the limbs themselves. (Guess I've seen too much House.) But the star is the mysterious (ish) aura of Hazama himself, since at least for me, what is up with him and those scars and everything. Definitely tuning in to see whats up.

I found the lack of blood silly as well. Everything felt a bit too "clean" but it was just the first episode so it might do a better job later on. I mean they already showed a guy shooting up so I doubt it's because of the target audience xD
Oct 5, 2015 5:31 PM

Jul 2009
It was a decent first episode, the only thing which bugs me is the lack of blood during the operation.
Oct 5, 2015 7:20 PM
Apr 2014
Avenger-senpai said:
platinumSKIES said:

I found the lack of blood silly as well. Everything felt a bit too "clean" but it was just the first episode so it might do a better job later on. I mean they already showed a guy shooting up so I doubt it's because of the target audience xD

It probably has to do with children censorship being strict in Japan. Hopefully the blood will be their when they show the Vietnam War.

Judging by the preview it seems like they won't cut the blood so hopefully the first episode was because of children censorship.
Oct 6, 2015 12:37 AM

Jun 2014
Very enjoyable first episode and I also haven't seen the original Black Jack series. I think its a prequel to the original series though. I'll watch this.
Oct 6, 2015 4:56 AM

Jan 2008
Absolutely horrible. 1st off, it took 3 minutes for that damn train to hit someone, and that stupid brat was still on the tracks. He wasn't even stuck, he was just stupid. And the people on the side were stupider. Two of them could literally reach him with their arms. But the stupidest? The people on the bus that apparently STAYED ON THE BUS while the train was coming at them. GET OFF THE BUS!!

Also, no internal shots for the operation, cliche and very annoying side-character that works in a hospital but is afraid of blood.
And keep your damn shirt on, FFS! I know you want the fujoushi money, but try to be a little subtle about it.
DmonHiroOct 6, 2015 5:04 AM
Oct 6, 2015 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
How early he did not take me so much, but He must be my problem, perhaps. The topic is interesting, I do with the corn and then will begin to like it. As early remains, though my subjective idea, nonetheless appreciated; perhaps a better prologue, would give more impact on the overall narrative.
Oct 6, 2015 1:43 PM

Jul 2013
This is good, ain't shabby. Hazama's hot and sexy, so that's a huge plus on my book.

Nice pilot episode.
Oct 6, 2015 7:52 PM

Jan 2010
Compared to the OVA, the TV series, and the manga this is quite hilarious LOL

The fanservice, Hazama's voice, the female doctor monologue about how "awesome" Kuroo was instead of just showing us... pretty funny XD. The series is pretty clearly by a different author.

The OVAs were my favorite, I don't know if anything will top that, but more Black Jack is definitely welcome! I can't wait for Kiriko :3c
Oct 6, 2015 9:05 PM

Nov 2014
THIS IS SO SIMILAR TO HOUSE M.D
Oct 7, 2015 12:43 AM

Jan 2009
That was thrilling to watch! I'm happy there's another theme in the season for a change.

Started off well, at least - looking forward to rest of the series.
Oct 7, 2015 3:18 AM
Jan 2012
Unintentional comedy of the season.
They didn't do the best job with the tone of the series, but it was still a nice episode.
Oct 7, 2015 3:32 AM

Nov 2014
RarestProGamer said:
THIS IS SO SIMILAR TO HOUSE M.D

:P

“The dreams and ideals we believe in, seem they might just fall apart if we take our eyes off them.”
Oct 7, 2015 5:52 AM

May 2012
Very good. Better than what I expected and I never watch any of the older black jack series
Oct 7, 2015 9:53 AM

Dec 2012
Decent start. I never watched the original anime or an anime about medecine, but it was interesting.
I hope we will see more the operation in the next episode, because it's not really funny to watch him move a wire.
Good opening :).
Oct 8, 2015 12:13 AM
Apr 2014
volao said:
this was awfol in soo many levels, the only part i likd was the drugd partner.
first operation of his life and joined arm and a leg... dropd

Oh boy if you found that troubling man I can't even imagine how you would be able to take in all the feats Black Jack has done in the original series.
Oct 8, 2015 7:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Overall okay, tension was very limited. Good OP/ED. That father should get hit by a train plane

3/5
Oct 9, 2015 9:01 AM

Jun 2013
I went to medical school but never finished. This inspires me to go back, I'm not 30 yet and I know someone who returned to medical school even though he was already in his late 40s and practiced in his 50s in their up until now. He was a resident at a hospital for a couple of years before moving to Europe and doing a lot of pro-bono work for underprivileged folk.

It's nice watching a medical Anime and understanding everything that's going on. It makes me miss medical school. I'm still in the medical field but I'm no physician.
臭い-
Oct 10, 2015 1:30 AM

May 2013
AquaWateria said:
volao said:
this was awfol in soo many levels, the only part i likd was the drugd partner.
first operation of his life and joined arm and a leg... dropd

Oh boy if you found that troubling man I can't even imagine how you would be able to take in all the feats Black Jack has done in the original series.

I know this is the first exposure to Black Jack for a lot of people, so they might have been expecting something a little more... grounded in reality. But, Black Jack is basically a surgeon god, if you read the original manga, he breaks the "wtf barrier" many times.
Oct 10, 2015 3:03 AM
Mar 2012
New to BJ.
III AM JUST FEELING ALIVE!!! What's this glorious 80s pop ish vibe im feeling? Could be best op this season. Nice Tezuka hairstyles. Ooh ED cards show manga vs new designs.
Oct 10, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
This anime looks promissing! The kid's dad is a dick!
Jack Black the skilled surgeon xD
Btw the OP is epic, love the song and the video xD I don't know why but the song reminds of one of the songs of Eurovision that someone sang a few years ago...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 10, 2015 4:10 PM

Feb 2014
Curry-kun said:
I still need time to get used to bishounen Kuroo though lol
Unemployed_Guy said:
I hope the dad gets hit by a train.

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Oct 12, 2015 2:43 PM

Jun 2008
The bishie style the main throws here is even more ridiculous due to the different design for others. Seriously at least don't give him those stupid eyelashes.

Also: First operation-Let's attach some limps. A virgin having hard core gangbang with orcs and tentacle monsters for first time will be way easier.
MonadOct 12, 2015 2:48 PM
Oct 13, 2015 5:42 PM

Dec 2010
...he doesn't look young at all !
Oct 18, 2015 1:01 AM

Jul 2008
Ah Black Jack how I have missed thee. Right now this series gives me the original OVA vibes...love it!!
Oct 23, 2015 11:50 AM

Jul 2008
Why did they make the female character an intern when all she can do is hand scapels and such?

For my taste the episode was too predictable to enjoy it. Sadly as I had great expectations for the show.
Oct 25, 2015 10:55 AM

Feb 2013
Not that it was bad, it just isn't something I want to spend my time watching.

1. Bicycle is more important than life
2. Disco operating room
Nov 13, 2015 12:06 AM
Jan 2015
Lone_Kendoka said:
GuidedCursor said:
As a fellow medical student who've read all the original Blackjack manga, I find this whole medical thingy even more damn hilarious in anime form. Hazama, you're so full of shit. But it is a fun series as always.

THANK YOU.

1973 manga > all in term of medical things and character. Really like Tezuka's style.
However, Pretty good animation and nice to see that the Black Jack serie is still here. It's watchable xD
Nov 28, 2015 4:45 PM

Feb 2008
It's like a direct adaptation of one of Tezuka's chapters. Forced accidents included, although not in a similar hilarious fashion.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 3, 2015 11:12 AM

Mar 2008
Scumbag dad ruining the episode.
Jan 11, 2016 4:43 PM

Aug 2014
glad to hear umehara yuuichirou's voice again!

i didn't think i would like this tbh, but i am hooked from the start??? i wish maiko would get treated better though, even if she was an intern shouldn't she have been helping with the patients instead of looking for help herself?

also i get why hazama needed to take of his shirt but really?? isnt there a better way to show off his scars? it felt too dramatic
seeingsashaJan 15, 2016 4:26 AM
Jan 14, 2016 10:34 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty interesting. Nice to see something different for a change.
Aug 9, 2016 10:05 PM

Oct 2008
They just recycled a chapter from the original manga.

Lame as fuck.
Oct 2, 2016 9:18 AM

Jul 2008
Lupta said:
yuliyana29 said:

It's all for the sake of the plot. It was stupid, I facepalmed so hard.

i know its all for the sake of the plot, with the jerk ignorant father aswell, but still couldnt they make a situation where noone was around, it was just a kid riding his bike, and the breaks couldnt work and he couldnt stop in time and rode into the train or car... something that doesnt make humanity look completely useless and look only after themselves like selfish pricks...

You guys watch too much fiction, majority of the people would rather stay safe than risk helping someone in danger.
Nov 29, 2016 5:52 AM

May 2016
That was ridiculous (and wrong) on so many levels... Even if the source material was ill-conceived, it does not mean that in 2015 it could not have been transformed into something interesting, intellectual and logical.
Dec 4, 2016 8:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice first episode, although this has too much light, there is a shadow, the father´s boy when pay to Jack, but small i hope in the future episodes get to the dark xD

6/10.
Nov 22, 2020 10:02 AM

Dec 2016
hazama: i'm not like other guys,,, i'm a Patchwork
that kid in the background, waiting to get his limbs back: just fucking dead
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Nov 27, 2020 6:40 AM

May 2016
This is my first exposure to the Blackjack franchise and any surgery-centered show for the matter and I liked this one a lot. I found the initial accident that led to the first episode's events to be quite silly but everything else that followed was rather entertaining.

Assholes like that dad is why those protests were a thing. The nerve of some people, ugh.

Jul 19, 2021 7:36 PM
Nov 2019
I haven't seen the original Black Jack but this episode was quite an interesting start to the series!!

(i wheezed when it showed how ripped he was tho like holy shit he is RIPPED)

The art style sorta reminds me of JoJo's bizarre adventure and the intro and outro songs are really good (might download them later heheheh)!!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on Young Black Jack

Hydre_Ito - Sep 19, 2020

4 by removed-user »»
Nov 10, 2022 6:21 AM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

74 by Delgear »»
Nov 11, 2021 2:25 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

50 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 22, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Young Black Jack Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

125 by gl1tchedshad0ws »»
Jul 20, 2021 4:49 PM

» Could I watch this without watching the original anime?

Kamirator - Apr 23, 2021

4 by Kamirator »»
Apr 25, 2021 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.