Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2015 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I just love the OST used in this episode.

The way that Dennis is dueling honestly can be scary. I love the way Dennis countered with his combos though and managed to protect his lp despite taking some heavy damage.

So Dennis spills the beans a bit about Yuri as well...
Well that's kinda interesting since it's been a long time since we've heard of him. Kurosaki is pretty damn good in this duel, very well played against Dennis. What a duel especially at the end! That is one hell of a Raid Raptor Falcon.
Sep 27, 2015 2:04 AM
Jun 2011
finally we seen how ruri looks like even if ti was for few minutes only in flashback and next episode a new opening song
Sep 27, 2015 2:16 AM
Dec 2008
Ruri looks so incredibly cute. Hope Shun saves her from the evil fusion overlords.

Sep 27, 2015 2:38 AM

Oct 2014
The carpet bombs were strong this episode. Next time, Roger and Security coup against the Council, plot intensifies. Also, OMG RUUUURIIII!!! Finally!!
Sep 27, 2015 3:57 AM

Apr 2015
The episode was so good! I wanted more!!Dennis got luck that he didn't turn into a card... More Dark/Beserk Yuya and Yuto please. They were awesome. Just wait for Sergei to crush Yuzu and then Yuya will go full rage mode!
Sep 27, 2015 5:40 AM

Apr 2014
sneaky reiji way to save your enemy butt by messing shun's dueldisk carded system around.
only two turn for this episode ): i hope for more.
and Ruri finally appear full face.
Sep 27, 2015 9:00 AM
Aug 2014
Wow this episode was beyond scary. We finally see what happened to Ruri, and it doesn't look good. It also shows that Academia realizes that the bracelets prevent the Yuyas from getting close.

Ancient Gear Chaos Giant has a similar effect to the other Ancient Gear monsters, but on a stronger level. That is to be expected of the boss monster. Very frightening, and definitely worth the trouble it takes to summon it.

That said, it did not stand a chance against Raid Raptor's Satellite Cannon Falcon. I'm guessing this to be Shun's best card for awhile. It has a crazy effect if you manage to survive the battle long enough! Each Raid Raptor represented Shun's feelings and the feelings of Heartland. It was a powerful moment.

Was surprised that Shun's duel disk was not able to change Dennis into a card. But I guess Reiji had to make sure that the Syncro dimension doesn't get scared of the Lancers. (After all, it would've been in the middle of the stadium, with everyone watching)

What a great ending to the season. Can't wait for what's to come.
Sep 27, 2015 12:25 PM
Sep 2015
Wow Shun went full revenge in this episode. Even tried to put Dennis into a card. And YES Yuuya and Yuuto communicate, even if it was only for a few seconds. Also, finally we got to see Ruri. And... SORA???
Sep 27, 2015 1:23 PM

May 2014
Episode was fantastic, and that animation for satellite Canon falcon was gorgeous!

The GX references was strong in this one.

We finally get to see Ruri as well! Excited for the new OP and ED next week :D

Sep 27, 2015 3:01 PM

Jul 2010
ZoroZoldyck said:
The GX references was strong in this one.

I thought same, reminding me Jaden vs. Crowler duel. What a nostalgia :D

Glad to see someone finally kicked Dennis' ass, he must've deserved at the start, and better with it was Kurosaki.

Ruri is introduced, cute :3
Sep 28, 2015 1:04 AM
Sep 2015
I like what was said earlier how each Raid Raptor monster represented the feelings of Heartland and Shun. Satellite Cannon Falcon looked awesome when it kept reducing Chaos Giant's attack and then when it rose up into space and attacked Dennis's monster. Kinda had an underwhelming effect, considering it's a rank 8 monster and Raid Raptor's rely a lot more on their effects rather than sheer power. Then again, I suspect that the effect Shun displayed was only one of it's effects. In the first duel against Sora, Revolution Falcon only showcased one of its abilities. Shun's impulsive nature will make him quarrel with Reiji, after he wasn't able to turn Dennis into a card. Even though a duel between Lancers will be counter-productive, Shun vs Reiji would be fun to watch. Ruri looks really pretty also. Hopefully we'll get to see more of her sooner than later. As much as I like Selena also, it wouldn't surprise me if her loyalties go back to Fusion again. We've already seen two Fusion moles invade Standard, and while Selena seems pretty straightforward and sheltered, it wouldn't surprise me if Yuri tried to persuade her to join the Fusion Dimension again.
richi1234Sep 28, 2015 1:12 AM
Sep 28, 2015 1:10 AM
Apr 2013
This is so cool! I really enjoyed this episode! Yuto, Yuri, and Berserk Yuya appear again, the conclusion of the Duel, and we finally got to see Ruri! She's prettier than I thought! Though, remembering she's Shun's sister, I think she and Rin needs to switch hair colour since Shun's hair is green (darker though).

But with Dennis' revelation, it seems the Council can no longer trust Reiji and Lancers, since they said they won't ally with anyone and even said to Reiji not to involve them in the dimensional war! Sheesh, those old folks still don't understand that sooner or later Academia will invade their dimension as well even if Yuya and the others didn't come to their dimension.

The next episode will be a clash between the Council and Security! I'm curious what's this "King's Gambit" that Roger has planned. But quite I'm disappointed that Yuri won't appear in the next episode…
Sep 28, 2015 5:08 AM

Jun 2013

Rank 8 KITAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah finally new RR monster
Oh wait where is Rank 7, konami ????

Looks like RR finally have their own astral force
Cant wait to use this card

Force Strix, Singing Lanius, and Fuzzy Lanius, monsters with ATK 500 below
Another card can be call with mimicry lanius effect
But i wonder how useful this trap card after release

Baby version of Force Strix
Level 1??? oh no, why not level 4??
Maybe i just wait until another RR monster with level 1 & 3 appear
It just anomali having level 1 monster in Level 4 focus deck like RR

Bonus
SSSS_ShunariaSep 28, 2015 5:14 AM
Sep 28, 2015 5:27 AM

Sep 2011
Wow, this episode had so much happening, totally worth the hype! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I'm way too excited for the next episode too, I can't wait to see the new OP & ED! Not to mention both Leo & Barret are confirmed for the next episode (not sure if flashback or not)!

>berserk Yuya & Yuto appearing
>RURI & yuri
>Dennis being an ass while spilling the beans
>Rank 8 & satellite bombings
>Dennis being overkilled by said satellite bombing
>Birdman tries carding him but fails and then tries to punch him
>council never were actually going to help Reiji & Lancers with dimension shenanigans

And holy hell Shun's ETERNAL AVENGE! He wasn't even mad, he was beyond frustrated and pretty much ready to overkill Dennis even more if he wasn't interrupted. Though I guess the Synchro audience would've actually liked that...
Also lol, Shun is actually from a Pro Duelist School? That's actually pretty cool.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Sep 28, 2015 9:03 AM

May 2015
to much carpet bombing too much win ruri finally appeared this episode was awesome.
Sep 28, 2015 12:59 PM
Mar 2013
The Council was so dumb. How does getting rid of them solve the problem at all? It's obvious that their dimension is going to be invaded with or without the Lancers there. Not to mention they heard everything Dennis said and the damage done in the match. Sorry but the Council's reasoning was pretty stupid and weak considering these things (even if they can't trust Reiji and the others due to Dennis, their excuse was still pretty lame). Anyways, that was an epic episode, and Shun really lets Dennis have it.
Sep 28, 2015 1:23 PM

Mar 2013
THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOOD. I actually unabashedly love the Academia duellists. It's probably because this whole evil twisted hunting duelling appeals to me and seeing Dennis rub salt in Shun's wounds about Ruri was great. I love Ruri's character design too! Her hair looks better from the back but I really like her feather accessories. Keeping the bird imagery strong.
Sep 28, 2015 4:31 PM
Apr 2013
Roychop said:
The Council was so dumb. How does getting rid of them solve the problem at all? It's obvious that their dimension is going to be invaded with or without the Lancers there. Not to mention they heard everything Dennis said and the damage done in the match. Sorry but the Council's reasoning was pretty stupid and weak considering these things (even if they can't trust Reiji and the others due to Dennis, their excuse was still pretty lame). Anyways, that was an epic episode, and Shun really lets Dennis have it.

Nice to know that someone sharing the same opinion as me about those idiot Councils.
Sep 28, 2015 5:34 PM
Sep 2015
Hidayat246 said:

Rank 8 KITAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah finally new RR monster
Oh wait where is Rank 7, konami ????

Looks like RR finally have their own astral force
Cant wait to use this card

Force Strix, Singing Lanius, and Fuzzy Lanius, monsters with ATK 500 below
Another card can be call with mimicry lanius effect
But i wonder how useful this trap card after release

Baby version of Force Strix
Level 1??? oh no, why not level 4??
Maybe i just wait until another RR monster with level 1 & 3 appear
It just anomali having level 1 monster in Level 4 focus deck like RR

Bonus

The other trap that Shun attempted to use with it, Reactor would be very useful in combination with Sharp Lanius. If Sharp has less attack than a monster, it can change that monster to defense and Reactor will be chained and that monster will be destroyed and damage will be inflicted up to the destroyed monster's attack. If Sharp does have more attack, than it can just swing over the monster.
Sep 29, 2015 12:52 AM

Oct 2011
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Dennis reveled everything about Ruri OMG

Whoa damn he was going to kill Dennis.

WTH Council!!!!
Sep 29, 2015 8:48 AM

Aug 2014
After more than 50 episodes Ruri was mentioned, finally she appears! Pixiv artist sure gonna love this!

This duel alone save the synchro arc entirely! Dat Revolution Falcon vs Giant animation! Badass Satellite Cannon Falcon's attack animation!
Man, how much I miss Yuuri! Hurry up and get him into on-screen duel already!
(9/10) episode! Into the top 5 best Arc-V duel you go!

Dat ending and preview! So, who's the enemy now!? @.@
Sep 29, 2015 4:52 PM

Apr 2007
Oh man Satellite Cannon Falcon looks so cool, loved the sequence before it attacked! Can't get enough of these Raidraptor cards~
And we finally get to see Ruri. Her pretty long hair makes her look so mature compared to the others :0 But this intro is as bad as when they first showed Rio in Zexal; no talking and hiding her face (even in the op/ed). There's no point in that stuff unless we already know that character and it's supposed to be a surprise .-.

>time for the hunting game.

I don't care what happens to you anymore Dennis.

Shipuujin said:
Was surprised that Shun's duel disk was not able to change Dennis into a card. But I guess Reiji had to make sure that the Syncro dimension doesn't get scared of the Lancers. (After all, it would've been in the middle of the stadium, with everyone watching)
I'm pretty sure the main reason in Reiji doing this is so he can still question anyone they would possibly run into from Academia.
Sep 30, 2015 6:25 AM
Sep 2012
Well Dennis is still a bad guy, but I am glad there is more to him than just an obsession with hunting, he is not Sora, that is not his main interest, if it was up to him, he could just put on shows and con people. So some of his personality we have seen his real

Still I am glad Shun beat him, he deserved it, and I am sure there are more people on Shun's hit list and that includes Yuri. And we finally saw Ruri, I liked her design, still though how anyone can mistake her for Yuzu is beyond me. I guess you have to allow some kind of belief in these shows.

And I am frustrated with the chairman, with the Synchro Dimension, it is like dealing with the Dai Lee in Ba Sing Se, you try to help them and they only care about preserving their fake Utopia. It gets to the point when you just want to say "screw them", let Acadamia attack them, serves them right for not listening, and for half the citizens I am not going to feel bad for when this happens, the Tops might something like that to get off their high horses. I can't wait to see them screaming and crying for help.

Anyway great episode, looks like we are wrapping up this arc, with Sora here, with Jean wanting to make contact with Dennis, Acadamia is about to make its move.
Sep 30, 2015 8:42 AM

May 2012
Now finally they revealed the appearance of Ruri! Design is great, looked similar to other dimensional counterparts as expected. Now the tension is getting high and the Executive Council can go to hell, lol <_< It's stupid how the ending song still shows 3 Yuzus even though all of Yuzu's dimensional counterparts have been revealed by now...Maybe because of the new intro song (and maybe the ED song too) next week, so the studio went "screw it!".
Oct 2, 2015 1:26 AM

Sep 2007
Too much plot hax for our "hero";
Seriously, he can't lose hu ?
Oct 2, 2015 1:43 AM

Mar 2012
KUROSAKI SHUN SHOWING WHY HE IS THE BEST CHARACTER, OVER AND OVER

Shun-sama... Epic WIN!

YES.

Satellite FTW.
Oct 3, 2015 6:41 AM
Apr 2013
Spoiler summary for episode 77-81 is out. And out of them, episode 81 is what surprising the most to me…!
Miya190Oct 3, 2015 6:47 AM
Oct 3, 2015 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
Frost190 said:
Spoiler summary for episode 77-81 is out. And out of them, episode 81 is what surprising the most to me…!

Just a while ago I was laughing at them 'cause I thought they were fake, but got nervous after I found out they're actually the real deal.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Oct 3, 2015 2:54 PM
Apr 2013
Rukaliini said:
Frost190 said:

Just a while ago I was laughing at them 'cause I thought they were fake, but got nervous after I found out they're actually the real deal.

Some people did say that whoever post it not 100% sure it's accurate. I don't mind with episode 78-81 if it comes true, except the part that involves...
Oct 18, 2015 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
Ruri is shown.
Dennis gets beaten by Kurosaki in a "flashy" way.
May 8, 2016 9:32 PM

Dec 2012
Holy shit! That was awesome. 2 straight episodes of awesome. Satellite Cannon Falcon's attacks were were jizz worthy. I'm not one to praise other deck type ever since DM ended, but there's a reason I've always thought Raid Raptors were cool from day 1. Glad Kurosaki beat his ass.

So we finally see the final Yuzu counterpart in this episode and the ending doesn't change....again. Flashback's don't count.

Melissa Claire's lovely oppai shots were great. :)
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 11, 2018 6:40 AM

May 2016
Everything.In.This.Episode.Was.Awesome.

10/10
May 11, 2020 2:56 PM

Jul 2016
Fantastic episode, was really worried about kurosaki losing the whole time, especially since they had to drag it out that much, I was expecting some action card every second there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.