Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2015 12:51 PM

Mar 2012
GREW said:
Just one question:

2ND SEASON WHEN

Not for at least a year...the series cover 2 chapters per episode..which is fantastic pacing when compared to other manga adaptations but as of the moment they don't have enough material...S1 covered chapters 1-25 as of this month there are 39 chapters.

so if u want another season with the same pacing u have to wait until the next 11 chapters are out. also with a few breaks in between it will take at least another year. the first volume sold around 5k...so while not the highest is doing alright and the manga is a huge seller so there is a chance..if not just stick to the manga. ;)

Well it was a fun ride....8/10 very good series...the pacing was done well...the voice actors fit there persona's very good. the animation was good, the soundtrack was also good and the censors while still a hindrance was better handled than the regular methods so i give them credit for that

I hope we get a S2 later....maybe even an adaption of Okaydo's other work 12 beast to fill in the void. ;)
Sep 22, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, that animation. I've no word to describe how amazing this episode's animation was O.o
Sep 22, 2015 12:59 PM

May 2015
This anime was,nothing short of,a masterpiece.
For the whole vision it felt like a japanese guy has looked inside my head,taken out all of my most perverted fantasies and made an anime out of it.
I'm moved,i really am.
But all the good things must come to an end.
Farewell Miia and the others:It was truly a significant and memorable experience.
I will keep those spent with you as some of my fondest memories.

Now,let's move to the manga!Hang in there,Johnny!
Sep 22, 2015 1:02 PM

May 2014
I'm gonna miss you, MonMusu :'(
#Season2PLS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2015 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
Smith-San's scary face pretty much belongs in a horror show. O_O

The last episode was very good, but it didn't feel like a finale at all. Despite that, it had plenty of Gif-worthy moments mainly thanks to Suu & Kii near the end. XD

Overall, an 8/10 and I will rewatch the show when the BD comes out.
Sep 22, 2015 1:59 PM

May 2012
What surprised me the most was that Suu became by far the most useful girl. I thought she would just be another Papy, but she is actually very dependable when she decides to help.

Centorea can be the second most useful, but since she always become delusional she tends to be more trouble than help sometimes.

Rachnera didn't have much screen since she was the last girl.

I enjoyed this anime quite a bit. It was a fun ride. 7/10
I despise woke people.
Sep 22, 2015 2:05 PM

Jun 2009
It ended. I had fun, I actually really like the series (I read manga too). I'll watch it again for sure, but hopefully uncensored.
Overall, the did a great job with seiyuu. Graphics and animation were nice, with some lowish quality moments though. Music was cool, I loved the opening.
Last episode was okay. Pretty fun to watch every girl in action.
I'm waiting for second season.
For the anime, 9/10
I like pancakes.
Sep 22, 2015 2:15 PM

Feb 2014
Fucking amazing last episode, especially the second half.
9/10 Best Harem/Ecchi I've watched hands down.
Sep 22, 2015 2:27 PM
Jul 2014
They really went all out with the animation for the last episode, it looked great. I was right that they would stop at chapter 25, there really was no better stopping point so for those that wanted more just go read the manga. Only downside to this episode is they skipped more scenes with Polt. I kind of figured it would happen since they skipped the chapter where she's introduced(chapter 17) but I still wanted to see her this episode. Overall though as an adaptation it was still really good. I do think we'll see a second season eventually but it's gonna be at least a year since the manga comes out monthly.
Sep 22, 2015 3:04 PM

May 2015
Quite the enjoyable final episode. That face after finding out she really was serious about making a child was hilarious, lmfao. Also, that Shokugeki reference? Lol. This show was really enjoyable, great ecchi and lewd. I definitely wouldn't mind another season. 8/10.

Sep 22, 2015 3:06 PM

Dec 2014
I didn't like as much as everyone else. I thought it was good in the first few episodes but then the same jokes were used over and over and it lost it's shock factor. It just became boring to watch for me.

5/10
Sep 22, 2015 3:22 PM

Feb 2013
Awsome stuff, i want more monster girl action <3
Sep 22, 2015 3:38 PM

Oct 2011
I'm not a harem/ecchi fan, but damn! This is so fucking good. Season two, when!?!?

Mia, I'll miss you. ):

8/10.
Sep 22, 2015 3:57 PM

Sep 2013
Not a bad anime. 7/10
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Sep 22, 2015 4:01 PM

Dec 2014
Decent finale I suppose. Poisonous Suu and the 4th wall break made me chuckle. But overall I still give this show like a 6. It would've been higher, but way too many meh/shit episodes. Also, I only really like 3 of the monster girls + MON/Smith-san. That being said I do like the bizzareness of this show and it can make me laugh, especially during the first 3 episodes.
Sep 22, 2015 4:15 PM

Apr 2010
The anime was ok the only thing i am missing

It was nice to see all the girls animated but i guess i will have to rely on the manga again, tho i really enjoy reading the manga so it doesn't matter.
I hope they make an OVA tho.
Sep 22, 2015 4:24 PM

Apr 2014
Darling-kun was also a chuunibyou in the past XD

If there's no season 2, I will be very disappointed and cry
This anime is underrated imo
OrangeJPSep 22, 2015 4:37 PM

Sep 22, 2015 4:29 PM
Aug 2012
Great!! Loved any bit of this episode & the series. One of my newer favorite Harem series in recent times. Hopefully another season by 2017 or an OVA in between then. Well, gonna wait until February to re-watch & marathon the uncensored version.
Sep 22, 2015 4:32 PM

Mar 2015
One of the best harem/ecchi anime ever I suppose. The number of appropriate and fair screen time also make it a good anime. Like Suu has been kind of a cameo appearance and in the last episode she have a big role.

Papi is so fucking cute!!! OMG, even though she don't have a good amount of screen time in this episode, she clearly have the best scene.

Oh darling... is a chuunibyou too! Can't believe he raised so many death flags in one scene lol. Dat Final Destination reference....

The animation is over the top (even better than DxD I think). As a standalone episode this is good, but as a finale?

Season 2 please! I'd say 9/10 overall. Also the first volume sales is only 4.3k... not so much but not that bad. So there is a chance....

Papi and Suu. Best girls of Monmusu.

A true fan always stays after credit (learned from Marvel lol).

Sep 22, 2015 4:58 PM

Jun 2014
About as good as the manga, the censorship was actually done pretty well.

Probably the best ecchi of the season, which is saying a lot since there were so many.

7/10
Sep 22, 2015 5:25 PM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
Oops, my favourite of the season ended. Average finale, but a nice way to say goodbye to the characters, for now. Fingers crossed for a second season in the coming years.
Sep 22, 2015 5:25 PM

Aug 2008
Well, that was quite the ride. Fun show about a harem... with monster girls. Generally, I'm not big about monster girls, but the designs are quite nice, so that wasn't an issue.
If the author had put in true furries in the main cast, then that'd be a different stories, so there's that too.
But yeah, loved the anime. I might pick up the manga too, since I know about it about a year or so, that's why I picked up the anime. I do wonder if there's talks of an S2? It'd be nice if Lerche would do it again too.

bastek66 said:
They broke rule about cabbage http://imgur.com/a/2Bt2C

Hahaha, I noticed that too. But seeing how the animation standards were decent in general, I think they did it for the lolz, mostly.
Yes, I've also read years ago about why cabbages are made to be quite detailed in anime, and I find it quite hilarious.
Sep 22, 2015 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
That's one hole in my tuesdays now, and another will follow once Overlord's over...

Honestly gonna give it an 8/10, as much as I gave Shimoneta. Initially I expected it to be vastly inferior to the other quality ecchi shows we got this summer but it held up, a big part of that probably being that all of the girls were monsters and the anime never once forgot that fact, which made for some creative fanservice and hilarious situations due to the girl's unique bodies, habits, etc. I mean, yea we got other shows where the girls aren't human(Rosario to Vampire is the 1st that come's to mind) but generally they look & act entirely like humans for the most part, go to school like humans, etc. Such shows have little distinction between them and generally come off as mediocre at best.

Monster Girls instead fully embraced the fact that the girls weren't humans - all of the comedy pretty much came from there.

I mean heck, I don't recall ever seeing a girl asking the MC to sew back her boob, among other things.
Sep 22, 2015 5:57 PM

Apr 2012
Love this anime even if I'm not the biggest fan of ecchi series :P
I hope we'll see 2nd season <3
Sep 22, 2015 6:24 PM
Jul 2018
And so it ends. A bit said but that series was AWESOME so I don't mind.

This really is a unique series that stands out.

I hope it gets a 2nd season

8/10
Sep 22, 2015 6:29 PM

May 2008
eXtacy67 said:
Pretty disappointing series, I loved the manga.

6/10
Ehm this anime is pretty much identical to the manga the only difference would be the censored part. So saying it's disappointing would go against your opinion about you loving the manga.. >.>

Sep 22, 2015 6:34 PM

Jul 2014
Fun and enjoyable watch, a second season would be most welcome. 8/10 from me.
Sep 22, 2015 6:35 PM

May 2008
As most of you i loved the series, it was one of the few series i was looking forward to this year and it didn't disappoint me at all! I do feel that they should have went with 13 episodes and chosen a different ending for season 1.

For the people that keep asking when season 2 will air, probably somewhere year during the summer. There's more chapters out but not enough for a season 2 to air any time soon :(

The one thing i loved the most about this anime would be Rachnera. For me the manga portraited her as someone who was mostly toying and seducing, the anime showed me more of her mature and caring side. Can't wait for a season 2 and for the moms of Miia, Papi and Centorea :) 8/10 from me although im leaning towards a well placed 9/10

Sep 22, 2015 7:01 PM

Aug 2015
The first part was funny with them trying to save his life ending up making it worst.
Suu was just amazing in this episode she soo helpful. Great anime will give it 9/10
Sep 22, 2015 7:17 PM

Sep 2013
Art and animation were on point! Props to Lerche!

6/10 for this one. It was enjoyable, by no means bad, but nothing more.
Sep 22, 2015 7:32 PM

Jun 2015
Joeyz1231 said:

Agreed. Best scene of the series imo.

As for the show manga was better as people said.
As long as a show does the harem ecchi thing with heavy censoring I can't say it would ever get more than a 7 or 8 from me on that note it was a really hilarious show.

Strong 7/10
Would recommend
Sep 22, 2015 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
Another harem/ecchi anime that actually made me laugh and enjoy. Hope there's a second season in the future but right now I'll read the manga for the time being! 9/10.
Sep 22, 2015 7:55 PM

Dec 2013
9/10
time to read the manga now
Sep 22, 2015 8:41 PM

Apr 2011
Words can't describe how amazing this adaptation is!

When i first started reading Monster Musume it was 3 years ago and I was saying this would be amazing as an anime! Lerche has done a fantastic job with the anime, and as more manga comes out, i hope Lerche gets the green light for a 2nd season.

Keep supporting the manga everyone! Support the merch that comes from this show as well.

Anime of the Year

Centorea>Miia>Tio>Rachnera>Zombina
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Sep 22, 2015 8:48 PM

Mar 2013
This show beat out ToLoveRu Darkness this season IMO. Don't get the low score but I think people should try to judge it by it's genre and for what it is, it deliver.
Sep 22, 2015 8:52 PM

Dec 2010
And so it ended. The finale pretty much had a sense of finality to it, but there's definitely an option for more. But as others have said it might be awhile because they aren't that far behind the manga.

It was great to see all the characters from the manga in animated form, and I will miss this show, and all the arguments among my friends it caused. Here's hoping for more Papi goodness!

I give it an 8.5/10

Also, it felt like Soma in a couple of places there, particularly Centorea's foodgasm!
Sep 22, 2015 9:04 PM

Aug 2014
I am going to miss this anime, Studio Lerche made a fantastic job in making this anime. Honestly, Thank you Lerche for not messing it up and turning this anime into one of my favorites. #MiiaIsSuperCute

The characters will be always be Memorable
Miia, Suu, Papi, Cerea, Ms.Smith-san,Rachnera, and last but not least Your Highness,Mero
Sep 22, 2015 10:13 PM

Apr 2010
Suu stole the spotlight towards the end of the episode. <3
Sep 22, 2015 10:26 PM
May 2014
I liked the focus on Suu during the last part.
Sep 22, 2015 10:31 PM
May 2015
Looks like Darling-kun is more in danger with his harem than with the headless chunni.
Sep 22, 2015 10:50 PM
Mar 2013
It may be a kind of off-topic but I have been wondering what would be a better English translation for "Chuuni-byou."

When I watched Episode 11 and 12 of Mon-Musu, I found a subtitle saying "like a delusional teenager". That's it.

Chuuni-byou [n] DTS or Delusional Teenager Syndrome
A set of signs and symptoms that are correlated with mental growth and development, which makes boys and girls create a fantasy about the truth of the world and they tend to designate themselves to be a key person there.
htsujiSep 22, 2015 10:57 PM
Sep 22, 2015 11:00 PM

Jan 2011
I mean, I could watch another season if they did it. Technically the "who I'm going to wed" thing is still out there.

Not my favorite harem but definitely one of the most interesting. It always boils down to the cast for these shows, more so than other genres, and they were enjoyable for the most part.

Just know Papi is soothing to the soul so duh best girl. Suu is just a damn sweet heart.

7/10
zetsubousei_hero said:
This show beat out ToLoveRu Darkness this season IMO. Don't get the low score but I think people should try to judge it by it's genre and for what it is, it deliver.

I haven't watch TLR Darkness s2 yet because I don't watch TLR until BDs are out for obvious reasons but I have skepticism with this comment. TLR is the best harem and hasn't failed to deliver on maintaining that status yet.
Sep 22, 2015 11:07 PM

Sep 2013
I thought Rachnera is the last addition to the harem. I didnt expect them to add Dullahan.

This was one of the anime I looked forward to every week even though it doesnt really have a lot of story and focuses more on ecchi and slice-of-life comedy. I didnt expect this to be entertaining although it was obvious the anime is going to be weird. Im hoping for second season.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 22, 2015 11:25 PM

Sep 2013
htsuji said:
It may be a kind of off-topic but I have been wondering what would be a better English translation for "Chuuni-byou."

When I watched Episode 11 and 12 of Mon-Musu, I found a subtitle saying "like a delusional teenager". That's it.

Chuuni-byou [n] DTS or Delusional Teenager Syndrome
A set of signs and symptoms that are correlated with mental growth and development, which makes boys and girls create a fantasy about the truth of the world and they tend to designate themselves to be a key person there.

The word Chuunibyou doesnt have a direct english translation so subbers are coming up with their own english term for the word. Chuunibyou can be translated into "2nd year of middle school sickness/syndrome" so I prefer the term used in the anime Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai which is "eight-grader syndrome."
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 23, 2015 12:06 AM
Mar 2013
Xynic said:
I prefer the term used in the anime Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai which is "eight-grader syndrome."

Yep. I guess it is a good and straightforward translation, too. I posted the earlier comment just as my opinion and never meant to insist translators should replace their own idea.
Sep 23, 2015 12:40 AM

Jan 2011
well i some how managed to watch this till the end

i have to give monster it's own sub category for best "monster" ecchi since i think it's the only one to be animated that i know of lol,while it had some more questionable scenes in which you could consider good the unique use of character added a bit of a twist on this oversaturated genre so that was nice to see

as far as personalities go i'd give it a 8/10 i think that was the actually redeeming part of this show next to the great animation

but this just an't ma thing 6.5-7/10 which make little salty such nice animation was use for this !
Sep 23, 2015 12:56 AM

Jul 2013
Venomous Suu is GOAT!

Hopefully there's a 2nd season cos I haven't had enough of Suu's adorable voice and Dullahan's chuunibyou (and Darling-kun's chuunibyou past was so hilarious XD)

It's quite an entertaining show despite being the episodes quite disjointed sometimes. The jokes and references are on point and there was no annoying light bar censorship that forced me to wait until the BD comes out (the reason why I haven't watched TLR Darkness 2nd season yet).

I'd say this is closer to 7.5 but I'll give it an 8/10 for the enjoyment factor alone.
Sep 23, 2015 12:56 AM
Mar 2013
Suu having the poisonous food said far more spiteful words in the original Japanese line.

It was something like...
"Let's go home. Your freeloaders, good for nothing unproductive idiots are waiting."
htsujiSep 23, 2015 1:03 AM
Sep 23, 2015 1:05 AM

Feb 2012
Suu's so considerate, willing to not eat any food! She's sooooo adorable in this episode!! Mero, oh my, I enjoyed her also in this episode. I'm glad she had her share of the spotlight. Wish though Rach-neesan had more screen time also.

If there really is a season 2, I'm certainly going to watch it. I gave this a 9/10!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 23, 2015 1:16 AM
Dec 2013
That episode was so amazing.. my gosh.. Best in the series imo. This ep made me think of a mix of Shokugeki no Soma and FLCL (Fooly Cooly) mixed together for much of the comedy parts. Too amazing. Season 2 is needed. A
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

181 by egeD19 »»
Apr 15, 11:35 AM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2015

158 by MxaOP »»
Feb 20, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

112 by Guizaowin »»
Feb 2, 8:37 PM

Poll: » If you were to become a host family, which girl would you choose to take in?

TheBlockernator - Aug 20, 2023

15 by Frijuhto_Mucko »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:59 PM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

370 by lobotomylover »»
Aug 23, 2023 12:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.