Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 7, 2010 9:47 AM

Mar 2010
So Shion was playing the part for both sisters..Looks like we are closing to an end..
Jul 15, 2010 6:53 AM

Aug 2009
This explains a lot of the questions I had for the second arc.
So it was all Shion after all
Aug 2, 2010 3:51 PM

May 2010
Wow. It was actually Mion in the cage.
Aug 6, 2010 5:13 AM

Apr 2009
This anime is much better then expected, I thought it were random arcs but they're really starting to connect and stuff... nice :)
Aug 18, 2010 11:57 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode , finally something makes sense.
Aug 23, 2010 2:23 PM

Jan 2008
Shion has snapped.

How sad that Keiichi had to be the bait.

It's nice to see what really happened.
Sep 11, 2010 6:00 PM
Dec 2007
M3-n50 said:
This anime is much better then expected, I thought it were random arcs but they're really starting to connect and stuff... nice :)
They ARE random arcs though. XD

Sep 29, 2010 1:55 PM

Feb 2009
This is so much less scary when things get explained.
Oct 14, 2010 7:24 PM
Jul 2010
You could say that episode was really...

*puts on sunglasses*

...shocking.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
Oct 18, 2010 3:36 PM

Nov 2009
OMG so when Mion asked Keichii about that again it was just Shion!!! WOW it all makes alot more seance now!!! Shion was the one that tried to kill Keichii!!! whoa i would have never guessed haha. . .i cant believe Grannie died... although she was a little messed up so awe well... and poor Mion doesnt deserve that!!! it was every1 else not her!!! =( the whole thing is really interesting though!!! and i wonder whats gonna happen to Mion DX ... the meeting was interesting... i feel bad that no one cared when she said things about ppl getting punished... all in all GREAT epi!!! it made many things make seance!!!
Nov 2, 2010 5:44 PM

Sep 2010
right at the beginning of the episode I was like "whoa"
Shion's eyes are creepy... and the strap on Mion's top is barely hanging there o.O

so it WAS Shion that was doing all the work. I had a feeling when the arc happened for the 1st time

Nov 5, 2010 12:44 AM

Aug 2010
Wow so it was actually Shion. What a twist!!! Here I was the whole time thinking Mion was a freaking maniac.
Nov 15, 2010 11:35 AM

Jul 2009
The second arc makes sense now. It was sort of implied that it was Shion and not Mion in episode 8 since Mion was found dead in the well and not Shion but now the parts that didn't make sense like when Keiichi was talking to Shion on the phone about the village elder.

P.S. it was a little lame that Shion killed everyone with a taser and not some kind of sharp or blunt weapon like everyone else XD
May 27, 2011 7:41 AM

Jan 2009
Wow. Things are really starting to come together so nicely... I didn't suspect that it was Shion a few arcs ago. I just thought it was some twisty arc where Mion contracted a demon within her, that just totally changed her personality. But where's the motivation for that? Shion had the motivation - her love for the missing Satoshi, and her desire for vengeance on whom she believed were the culprits responsible for his disappearance. Genius.

Now I feel like watching that whole arc over again - or at least the climax episode - just to see how it played out now knowing who the real killer was.

Very good episode... Gotta keep watchin', lol...
Jul 7, 2011 7:12 AM
Jul 2010
Great! So it was Shion in the second arc. Feels good to know since I was really confused as to who was who back then. She did snap but... she just wanted to uncover what's going on in the village. But really... Are the Sonozaki responsible for the murders/disappearances? Sometimes I'm almost sure about it, but then comes a scene that makes me start doubting. The fact that the "Grandma" died from the taser didn't help either.
Aug 15, 2011 11:23 AM

Mar 2011
omg everything is making sense, so in the end it was probably Shion that was going to torture Keiichi and the one that came from under the bed in hospital, she basically suffered her whole life and comes back and gets revenge, guess thats the story
Aug 20, 2011 12:55 PM

Feb 2010
Shion loves her taser doesn't she?
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Sep 10, 2011 10:52 PM

Jul 2011
haha shion reminded me of scarface after she tossed rika, I could just picture her line there being " you wanna play rough, say hello to my little friend (whips out taser)".
Nov 1, 2011 3:47 PM

Oct 2011
Shion's fuckin awesome!!! She's just kickin' everyone's asses!!
Jan 14, 2012 11:53 AM

Dec 2009
Definitely some things are starting to make sense now... but there's some other stuff that I still would like to know.
Jun 28, 2012 10:36 AM

Jul 2010
OMG, everything's falling in place so beautifully (well, not really beautifully XD, but you know what I mean haha). The execution in this anime is excellent... It's gonna get a good score from me :D
Jul 8, 2012 1:03 PM

Oct 2011
The best episode until now ... Shion is going to be my favorite character in this anime
Aug 10, 2012 10:13 PM

Nov 2011
Wow Shion really got them. But this will probably end up biting her in the end. However, this is still hard to stop watching.
Sep 20, 2012 8:58 PM

Feb 2012
LemonLyme said:
Ah.... so it WAS Shion back in that other arc. Starting to make sense finally.

She went crazy mode too ahah!
Feb 17, 2013 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
This was all Shion huh. That makes sense why she asked the question thenext day. It wasn't Mion. Man, Shion is evil.
Jul 2, 2013 9:50 PM
Jul 2013
Just gonna say I CALLED IT at the beginning of ep 9. I knew it was Satoshi. Anyway, shion is the demon and was the one who killed keiichi

this is getting interesting.
Aug 1, 2013 11:00 PM

Feb 2011
Extraordinary what a devoted girl would do for a guy´s cock (mostly in anime), she wished to taste dat milk so much, she even became the demon.
Aug 12, 2013 3:52 AM

May 2013
Shion is the mastermind of the second arc.
Mion was the one in the cage. The real Mion was thrown inside the well.
Shion did all the talking. Shion did all the killing. Shion did everything we taught Mion did.
It was Shion. All for the sake of Satoshi.
With the power of the taser, anything is possible!

Poor grandma though. And poor Mion.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 21, 2013 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
Glad that some stuff is finally starting to come together in this series. The Mion/Shion arcs are clearly connected and happened at the same time. I'll definitely have to go back and watch, knowing when the Mion/Shion switch happened. Glad to see we'll have 2 whole arcs that will hopefully make sense by the end. There still a lot left that I don't understand yet, but with 7 episodes (and another season) left, I suspect things may still yet come together enough to where this anime might make sense.
Oct 29, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
Shion was the one who fooled everyone huh. I must say that this episode stood for a lot of valuable information. Gave a pretty good feeling since we all now are a little bit closer to the "truth" behind everything that has been going on.

Am I the only one who thinks Shion's feelings for Satoshi feels a bit forced? I mean, she did fall in love with him after what, a gentle tap with his palm on her forehead?
Nov 16, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2013
Someone better pick up that phone 'cause I FREAKING CALLED IT!

Shion, you heartless b*tch! You involved Keiichi in all this mess in that arc!! Wow, just wow...

And yes, seems like the curse is real because the elders didn't know anything... It's probably them who organize the sacrifices though.
Jan 2, 2014 1:01 AM

Jul 2008
So it was Shion, is it wrong that I am cheering Shion on in taking everyone out?

And also it looks like these arcs aren't connected totally but are just alternate tellings.
Jan 19, 2014 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, I didn't expect that twist xD
It explain all that happened in the second arc. It still doesn't add up with the first arc and the third arc.

Weirdly, I hated when it was Mion that was being a sadist, but when it's Shion, I don't really care xD
That's so wrong...

I still wonder what's the meaning of the scene at the beginning of the second arc, where Rika stab herself to death. Was she poisonned by Shion or what? Anyway, it will surely be explained in the next episode. I like how everything is tying up slowly.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 8, 2014 5:55 AM

Jan 2009
shion is past freaky... she even whipped her dead grandma ffs
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 23, 2014 6:47 PM
Feb 2013
So it was Mino pretending to be Shion back in that last arc, but it was Shion slowly going crazy. This does answer some of the question and it is slowly coming together. Not bad.
Apr 26, 2014 5:36 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah, that makes a little sense, and true, it was speculated after Episode 8, that it really was Shion. But wasn't there also said back then, that Shion fell to death from her balcony? So, both Mion and Shion would have been dead when Keiichi was in the hospital.
And they also said, that Takano was already dead at the time, when they snuck into that shrine.
So, all questions aren't answered yet...
May 5, 2014 10:01 AM

Jan 2014
Nice,finally something makes sense :)
Jul 27, 2014 7:39 AM

May 2014
Everything's making sense now... The pay-off in this series is gonna be pretty damn good.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 6, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
The episode was good but I'm missing Rena, when are we gonna get her backstory?

Oh and I want to take her home with me.
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Aug 30, 2014 12:24 AM
Dec 2011
i hate mion and her bitch grandmother.. both of them are demons they always lie to do what they think is right... the punishment want meant for freedom for SATOSHI and mion knew this i mean come on if the village leader that old man know this you seriously think that next in line mion wouldn't know that SATOSHI is not forgiven!

mion lie a lot.mion knew on the night of the festival that keiichi was with shion and have asked about it from keiichi but when shion said to mion "they entered the tool shrine" she acted like she was surprised!

i don't believe mion (the way mion kind face turn in to that motionless face when the torture was happening to shion is enough to say about mion, mion wasnt angry it was like mion was looking at a blank piece of paper at least SHION IS DOING THIS WITH ANGER,HATRED WITH SADNESS FOR LOOSING HER LOVE )

and i can completely understand SHION. all her life she suffered a lot no happiness at all for god sake this grandmother strangle her when shion was a new born and sent her away because granny doesn't like to see shions face. I know violence is wrong but shion has no choice keiichi and shion are next targets they would have find out about it eventually i mean mion already knew that. this is a powerful organization who has trained men the only option left was to go to the police but the case would not go so far. shion is using keiichi as prey to both protect and find the truth also to save her self. :3
Aug 30, 2014 9:56 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I like your theorys alot, but I have to spoil you for correction, so I will not do it .

You will be surprised about the truth behind everything and how things are not that way they seemed to be.
Nov 2, 2014 1:49 AM

Nov 2013
WOW! I HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS SHION WHO DID ALL THAT! I thought for sure it was Mion who was the demon! WHAT A TWIST!

Shion is now slowly picking off all those who oppose Satoshi. Those footsteps Shion keeps hearing are definitely foreshadowing something that's going to occur at the end of the arc.

So it was Shion who killed the headmaster! She was sure oozing with bloodlust.

Some of those faces Shion made looked so scary that they were actually kinda funny.

Wow that granny sure looked fucking terrifying after being whipped by Shion a bunch of times.

This arc has been very Death Note-esque. Shion is like the Light of this arc. She's really trying her hardest not to get her cover blown!

This anime is fucking great. My favorite episode thus far! It's beginning to get really intense! 5/5
FunnyRatmanNov 2, 2014 1:53 AM

Nov 10, 2014 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
My only sane character... gone :(
Mar 22, 2015 2:38 PM
Nov 2014
Best episode by far...

Shion is a fucking good actor xD
Apr 23, 2015 3:52 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, what an amazing episode. While I thought Shion might end up impersonating Mion I had no idea that this was actually connected to the second arc. Her turning out to be the demon from that arc was an amazing twist. It definitely makes episode 8 make a heck of a lot more sense.

Also I was rooting for Shion this entire episode, screw evil granny and Mion. They both kinda deserve what they get at this point. Shion is definitely my favorite character now, just watching her this episode was so much fun.

I'm really hoping we get to see her kill Satoko and Rika next ep.
Shape430Apr 23, 2015 3:56 AM
May 17, 2015 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
Uncandescent said:
You could say that episode was really...

*puts on sunglasses*

...shocking.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Lmao, yes!

Nothing to say really in this episode because I figured the Family had some sort of connection with the whole thing. Let's see what happens next.
Jun 22, 2015 7:40 PM

Oct 2014
So that's why "Mion" seemed to flip a lot in the second arc as it was Shion all along. If you go back and watch from half way through episode 6 to 8 they make a lot more sense now. The scene at night when "Mion" was shaking the ladder and the scene at school asking about what happened last night whilst acting really shifty all of these moments and more it was Shion all along.
linternJun 22, 2015 7:48 PM
Jul 15, 2015 12:53 PM

Feb 2015
PLOT TWIST love it!
Jul 30, 2015 12:00 AM
Jul 2015
Yes! I knew that they switched back in arc two! My guess is that Shion throws Moon into the well, stabs Keiichi, then changes back into her own clothes and jumps off a building. That would mean that her killing Keiichi in the hospital was either a hallucination or a dream of Keiichi's. Maybe he just had a heart attack or something from the hallucination and that's how he died.
Aug 1, 2015 3:28 PM

Dec 2013
It's an easy guess that the crazy one is shion all along. her words during episode 8 really gave it away. Initially I thought it could be sub translation error on their names lol.

Come to think of it, shion has a screw lose even BEFORE everything happens. I mean that scene where she got saved by satoshi, she almost pulled out her taser before satoshi appeared. Which girl in the right mind carries a taser around wherever she goes
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.