Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 7, 2015 12:00 PM

May 2015
short_review said:
Luffy will refuse obviously. There are some reasons for such a decision.

1) Luffy wants to remain the freest man on the ocean. That's the most important.
2) Luffy doesn't like it went people try to force him to do something. He prefers to go the other way.
3) A story has to focus on the main characters. If there are too many all the time it looses its focus.

ps : where is Bellamy?

1) This restrains him how?
2) I don't he is going to directly accept, or accept 'himself' at all, but I'm not quite sure where you get this from?
3) All these characters don't have to be present at once, most of the time.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 7, 2015 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
so can we start making bets whether luffy will accept or not?
Sep 7, 2015 12:48 PM

May 2015
shit just got serious! im so friggin excited. i can see luffy shaking hands with chicken-kun already.
Sep 7, 2015 1:10 PM

Mar 2014
Well, Luffy's crew going from 9 members to around 5600 was quite unexpected, i thought only Bartolomeo would join. I think he'll accept, after all he said ''Do what you want'' and they want to join his crew. Also, there's no way ( Other than major asspulls ) that Luffy could become a Yonko without a really big crew.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Sep 8, 2015 6:30 AM

Nov 2013
ashfrliebert said:

2) I don't he is going to directly accept, or accept 'himself' at all, but I'm not quite sure where you get this from?

People would follow him and ask him to give them orders. It would be a bother for him. As far as I remember Roger never had a fleet in the manga (maybe he had but when he faced shiki he had only his ship and his crew). I don't see Roger having tons of people behind him and I don't see Luffy either. They like to overcome problems by themselves, not use an army or something like that ...

The more dangerous the enemy, the better when you finish him by yourself.
short_reviewSep 8, 2015 6:40 AM
Sep 8, 2015 9:29 AM

Dec 2013
Luffy will most likely say yes. He needs these crews behind him for future battles. People keep saying that it doesn't matter and that 5600 isn't that much because of haki. Luffy knocked out 50000 fodder. Weak characters that don't mean anything. These people aren't fodder. They all have made big names for themselves in the new world. Haki won't knock them out. Just how even Rayleigh's haki couldn't even knock out Kid's and Law's crews. They will definitely help against Kaido. There's no way 10 people could take on that massive army by themselves. The allies will probably actually have to deal with Kaido's fodder. Maybe some will get officers too depending on how many he has.

I also just noticed after someone posted a picture on a previous post that Whitebeard had 43 ships with him at the war not 43 captains. Would that already mean Luffy have more ships than he did during the war since Orlumbus has a 56 ship armada? Im not in anyway saying that Luffy is anywhere close to Whitebeard in ally power but that's a weird thought that he already has that many ships under his command.

Edit: Actually on second thought maybe in that situation each captain only would bring one ship since it has 44 allies listed for Whitebeard on the one piece wiki page. That includes Jinbei so it makes sense that there was 43 ships there.
WillOfDeezNutsSep 8, 2015 9:46 AM
Sep 8, 2015 4:59 PM

Mar 2015
WillOfDeezNuts said:
Just how even Rayleigh's haki couldn't even knock out Kid's and Law's crews.

well, Rayleigh can control it good enough to target the ones he want though, he didn't target those 2 crews (correct me if i'm wrong though). Also, i agree with the part that they DO need more men, as ppl keep talking bout conqueror's haki, but for starters, we don't even know if Kaido posesses it, secondly, if he does, how do ppl expect all those 5600 to faint and Nami for example to still stand up?? i just don't get what ppl think, they can say all they want about Nami, but she would be 1 of the 1st to collapse (it's only her knowledge that is powerful, not her herself after all).
Sep 8, 2015 6:45 PM

Dec 2013
Hiroyuuki said:
WillOfDeezNuts said:
Just how even Rayleigh's haki couldn't even knock out Kid's and Law's crews.

well, Rayleigh can control it good enough to target the ones he want though, he didn't target those 2 crews (correct me if i'm wrong though). Also, i agree with the part that they DO need more men, as ppl keep talking bout conqueror's haki, but for starters, we don't even know if Kaido posesses it, secondly, if he does, how do ppl expect all those 5600 to faint and Nami for example to still stand up?? i just don't get what ppl think, they can say all they want about Nami, but she would be 1 of the 1st to collapse (it's only her knowledge that is powerful, not her herself after all).

Yea that's exactly what I meant. Conqueror's haki is meant for knocking out fodder and evening numbers. It doesn't affect strong people. Many of these people would outlast some Strawhats if it was used. I mean Cavendishes bounty is 280mil and Barto was able to reck a vice admiral. These aren't small feats. Many of the others are really strong too. They will definitely be helpful in upcoming fights.

Also I haven't read the chapter in a while but if I remember right I think Rayleigh did try to knock out Kid and Law's crews. He didn't know they weren't bystanders. He apologized to them about it afterwards. One of Law's guys even mentioned how he almost passed. Most of Luffys allied crews are way stronger now then Law and Kid's subordinates were 2 years ago. And Rayleigh probably has one of the strongest hakis.
Sep 9, 2015 6:43 AM

Mar 2015
WillOfDeezNuts said:

Also I haven't read the chapter in a while but if I remember right I think Rayleigh did try to knock out Kid and Law's crews. He didn't know they weren't bystanders. He apologized to them about it afterwards. One of Law's guys even mentioned how he almost passed. Most of Luffys allied crews are way stronger now then Law and Kid's subordinates were 2 years ago. And Rayleigh probably has one of the strongest hakis.

ye same for me, just re-read it again, he indeed did hit them too unknowing there were pirates as bystanders, he said that they weren't amateurs since they took that blast of his haki (chapter 504 for the ones wondering)
Sep 9, 2015 4:31 PM

May 2015
short_review said:
ashfrliebert said:

People would follow him and ask him to give them orders. It would be a bother for him. As far as I remember Roger never had a fleet in the manga (maybe he had but when he faced shiki he had only his ship and his crew). I don't see Roger having tons of people behind him and I don't see Luffy either. They like to overcome problems by themselves, not use an army or something like that ...

The more dangerous the enemy, the better when you finish him by yourself.

Not that he makes orders often, but he does things all the time and often drags people into it. He basically already does that as a captain, this is thousands more but it's really the same thing when you boil it down. (He screams-everybody hears him-Whitebeard style)

"they like to overcome things by themselves"

Luffy's hasty, and is often the first to rush into things but I wouldn't say he's a loner type. Remember the "you do things I cannot" scene from Arlong Park? He has a crew for a reason.

For one, it's not like we 'know' if Roger had fleet or not-though I think someone who conquered the grandline might have had a suitable amount of crewmates(we know two of the yonko did, Whitebeard had a big crew and many allies, Blackbeard evidently has divisions too). But it's not too obvious either way.

And two, while the semblance is 'obviously' there(inheritance is obviously a major theme of One Piece, in the straw-hat alone), Luffy "isn't" Roger. He doesn't have to mirror everything Roger has done.

I mean, though I feel it'd be hard to execute, I'm not saying he's going to accept. But I can't see how it's very obvious he's going to decline.
Sep 10, 2015 9:18 AM

Oct 2012
Why do I have a feeling the answer is going to be: "I don't want to be the parent, because I would have to give you some of my meat" :P
Sep 11, 2015 2:20 PM
Sep 2015
of cause he would accept, why else would there be number orders of fleets?
Sep 11, 2015 7:27 PM

May 2015
erthiph said:
of cause he would accept, why else would there be number orders of fleets?

This is the main reason it's probably happening actually, why else would that whole introduction would exist if it wouldn't happen is the question. Oda builds up three panel exposition-and ends it at the request just for it to not matter? Nah

It's not like this chapter came out of nowhere, considering where we are in the story and considering the fact he introduced more supporting characters than...pretty much any of his arcs.
Sep 12, 2015 2:25 AM

Jun 2012
Hiroyuuki said:
WillOfDeezNuts said:

ye same for me, just re-read it again, he indeed did hit them too unknowing there were pirates as bystanders, he said that they weren't amateurs since they took that blast of his haki (chapter 504 for the ones wondering)
That still technically doesn't disprove whether or not he can control who he targets. From what we know of Haki, it's probably not possible... but nonetheless it's still a a possible possibility.
Sep 12, 2015 2:55 AM

Mar 2015
HalibelTheEspada said:
That still technically doesn't disprove whether or not he can control who he targets. From what we know of Haki, it's probably not possible... but nonetheless it's still a a possible possibility.

well in the same chapter (or somewhere around there) you can prove it, Rayleigh didn't make the mermaid unconcious, pretty sure she'd get knocked out, nami probably too for that matter but that's unsure so just leave it to the mermaid ;p
Sep 12, 2015 8:48 AM
Sep 2015
In my opinion Luffy has already demonstrated his control of his Conqueror/King Haki. There are probably more examples than the 2 extremes I will reference.
1. Very tight control when he subdued the "Fake Strawhats" after his return to Sabaody to rejoin the others. No one else outside of those 4 or 5 were affected and folks outside of that area had no idea anything had happened.
2. Huge area of affect when he took down half of the Fishman army, what would be a good estimate on that area, 100 yards or more?

I always wondered about the time Raleigh took out the misc.trash in the auction house and none of the Straw Hats were affected. At least several of them, Luffy, Zoro and Sanji knew/felt something happen but didnt know what it was.

What is the theory on how that style of Haki works? It seems when Shanks went to Whitebeard for the meeting, it was said those that are weak in spirit should go below. Would that refer to a lack of motivation or resolve to chase your dream? If that was the case than a physically weak person could have immense drive and resolve and not be affected.
Sep 13, 2015 6:20 AM

Mar 2014
Isterio said:
short_review said:
Yeah, and all those "I revive people" were not really what made One Piece great ... it's more like people didn't like it at all.

I don´t know what Oda´s obsession with that is.
It´s maybe a compulsion like Kishi´s restraint of writing any kisses into his story, although pairing up so many characters.

That´s why Marineford was so well written, because he finally overcome his stupid restrictions.

And before the Oda bitches come out and scream.
YOU DON´T NEED DEATH TO WRITE A GOOD STORY.

You don´t need to imply it like a frickin bitch either.
Make him get buried by a 5 ton boulder, not 500 that´s somewhat understandable.

But it only had that impact because the deaths were so uncommon in the series, and we learned to care about them.
TheCommonMan1Sep 13, 2015 6:30 AM
Rushing to the sound of battle to protect those who can't.
My theme when I'm epic and everyone knows it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9YbzTeekg
My theme when I am in command:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KzEMqWRFk
My theme when I am going to fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTEK8Nti3_U
Mytheme when warriors like me are no longer needed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3wnN_PxUDY
Sep 13, 2015 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
I wonder how Zoro and Law position gonna be if they made the Alliance.
All these time Zoro was the second in command in the crew and his command is kind of absolute in the crew when Luffy is not around that even Sanji would obey.
But if the alliance was succeded than will Law gonna be the second in command of the alliance?

And people who thought that Luffy gonna refuse, He accept his alliance with Law so why did he need to refuse now? his idea of 'alliance' is just like 'friendship' and since he already made friend with most of them I don't see any reason to refuse, and Law actually manage to control Luffy even tho just barely.
Sep 13, 2015 4:03 PM

May 2015
tr1ckst3r said:
I wonder how Zoro and Law position gonna be if they made the Alliance.
All these time Zoro was the second in command in the crew and his command is kind of absolute in the crew when Luffy is not around that even Sanji would obey.
But if the alliance was succeded than will Law gonna be the second in command of the alliance?

If it's just an alliance, I don't see why Zoro's psuedo-position should change. They aren't part of the crew like Zoro, they are just allies. Every divison-commander seem'to be among equals. I just figure it works like "everyone division commanders commands their crew members/division"- as they always have. And as always, Luffy commands(/they follow, whatever) his crew-and leads the alliance(if he leads the alliance).

Law might not even 'have' a position anymore, I don't know if the alliance between those two will even continue at this point since he was just trying to get Doffy instead of the yonko.
ashfrliebertSep 13, 2015 4:06 PM
Sep 13, 2015 6:36 PM
Jul 2015
Zoro is stronger than Law. (Maybe not 2 years ago).

Law had the chance to show his "full power". I think when Law "cut" at Punk Hazard (the mountain split and shit...) it was his "full power" slash.

On the other hand, we haven't seen Zoro do a "full power" slash yet. But i bet it will be something similar, or even greater than what Law did.

Vs Pica has been some what "tricky", as Zoro had to find his "main body". So it wasn't to "use full power", but to do "fast" attacks to "catch" Pica.
So I say we still haven't seen Zoro's "full power" yet.

And also, Law is not gona be in the "allience".... Do you not realize they didn't include Law in their "order" thing? (like #1, #2, #3 etc) Law is gona become a "nakama"...

Sengoku scene just like Robin's scene with Aokiji. Plus Corazon is somewhat like Saul (the giant Vice Admiral from Robin's story).
Even from Sengoku's scene (from what he says), we see that "all Law's life" has been for Corazon. Like literally every second of it. He lived for "duty" and "debt" to Corazon. That's just who Law is. Sengoku's telling him to live "free" now, and that's how Corazon would have wanted him to live.
So Law "clearly" wasn't chasing anything else other than Dofla all this time. Not even a "side hobby" (like One Piece...). His crew has been made on sole purpose of helping him reach so far. Also, I'm sure Law was just helping them out (like the slave guy); and then asking for help in return. Sure those guys want to reach One Piece, just like how Ussop on SH crew did/and do. But it's really not their business, and Law hasn't so far shown any interest in those things.
If you say he does, then sure "everyone" does... Who is not "interested" in One Piece, or a piece of Diamond?... But just "interest" doesn't mean, Law did anything to "pursue" those goals; like let's say "form a crew"... It was all for the purpose of defeating Dofla.

His crew did help him become Shichibukai, travel all this way (Law can't travel alone). Just cause, Luffy's arrival at Punk Hazard (sudden arrival), made it so that Law didn't get the opportunity to "call" his crew, for his goals; doesn't mean they were no help to Law, in defeating Dofla
Sep 14, 2015 4:14 AM

Jul 2015
Commentator1 said:
Zoro is stronger than Law. (Maybe not 2 years ago).

Law had the chance to show his "full power". I think when Law "cut" at Punk Hazard (the mountain split and shit...) it was his "full power" slash.

On the other hand, we haven't seen Zoro do a "full power" slash yet. But i bet it will be something similar, or even greater than what Law did.

Vs Pica has been some what "tricky", as Zoro had to find his "main body". So it wasn't to "use full power", but to do "fast" attacks to "catch" Pica.
So I say we still haven't seen Zoro's "full power" yet.

And also, Law is not gona be in the "allience".... Do you not realize they didn't include Law in their "order" thing? (like #1, #2, #3 etc) Law is gona become a "nakama"...

Sengoku scene just like Robin's scene with Aokiji. Plus Corazon is somewhat like Saul (the giant Vice Admiral from Robin's story).
Even from Sengoku's scene (from what he says), we see that "all Law's life" has been for Corazon. Like literally every second of it. He lived for "duty" and "debt" to Corazon. That's just who Law is. Sengoku's telling him to live "free" now, and that's how Corazon would have wanted him to live.
So Law "clearly" wasn't chasing anything else other than Dofla all this time. Not even a "side hobby" (like One Piece...). His crew has been made on sole purpose of helping him reach so far. Also, I'm sure Law was just helping them out (like the slave guy); and then asking for help in return. Sure those guys want to reach One Piece, just like how Ussop on SH crew did/and do. But it's really not their business, and Law hasn't so far shown any interest in those things.
If you say he does, then sure "everyone" does... Who is not "interested" in One Piece, or a piece of Diamond?... But just "interest" doesn't mean, Law did anything to "pursue" those goals; like let's say "form a crew"... It was all for the purpose of defeating Dofla.

His crew did help him become Shichibukai, travel all this way (Law can't travel alone). Just cause, Luffy's arrival at Punk Hazard (sudden arrival), made it so that Law didn't get the opportunity to "call" his crew, for his goals; doesn't mean they were no help to Law, in defeating Dofla

hehehehe. intriguing opinion. I'll just be on stand by for further guesses until I see zorro do the dance and hear law say he'd abandon his nakama(s)/crew, cause the fact is, he is a captain, with members and all. I wouldn't read too much about law's primary goal ('mingo). it doesn't mean his previous engangements(crew) be null.
Sep 14, 2015 2:25 PM
Sep 2015
For those who are saying that Luffy might decline, I argue against it.
Luffy has already shown a completely different mentality from pre-time skip and post-time skip. After defeating Hordy and celebrating, he pays Big Mom back for eating all the candy, which settles the score with that, but then Challenges her on his own accord to make Fish-Man island his new turf. Old Luffy would have just gone, beaten up Big Mom, and left things alone. Luffy proves to everyone that he knows how the game works in the New World. Luffy is incredibly strong, but he wouldn't choose to be cocky and refuse the allies he is given. I will flashback to Luffy vs. Arlong and say that Luffy told Arlong that he cannot achieve anything oh his own, and that he needs his crew-mates to achieve his dream, (I can't cook, use swords, navigate, or lie.. etc). Luffy saw the power that Whitebeard had, but also noted how many people backed him up. This is another reference to Mihawk identifying Luffy's most terrifying power, which is being the ultimate leader. Luffy knows he has to spread his influence and he has already joined into one alliance (Law). Luffy will definitely accept the 5600 new Father-Son crews and with that he can challenge the yonko and protect fish-man island.
May 16, 2018 12:22 PM

Feb 2013
Everyone knew that Scarlett and Kyros were living together, that's great.
Wow, the people from Dressrosa saved them.
Lol, they all want to join the crew!
Sep 18, 2018 1:51 PM

Dec 2015
This is an awesome proposition, but why do I have a feeling Luffy will refuse?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 5, 2022 7:49 AM

Mar 2021
Goddamn what a chapter!!

Issho's fight with Luffy is great. I love their conversation

The scene where the citizens are acting like they're mad at Lucy is great. It's beautifully presented through Issho's "vision"

I like Issho so much, what a respectable guy, I love his quotes

Jesus Christ, Yonta Maria is a huge ship

I love how they remembered the 2 giants from the Little Garden arc

AFFILIATION OF THE STRAW HAT PIRATES YOOOOO LUFFY'S INFLUENCE IS CRAZY

Nov 3, 2022 2:08 PM

May 2021
A fucking fleet? Holy yd6f6f r5d6f#4'5₹+4xtxtx

Apr 17, 2023 1:11 AM

Apr 2021
So the whole town knew the actual story huh? And welp Luffy's their hero!!!

I liked the ending too!!! It's a huge alliance!!!
May 27, 2023 9:56 PM

Dec 2022
Luffy : I'm accidentally putting together a team...
Apr 25, 6:46 AM
Jul 2014
“When a man fights, he has a standing to uphold…And that leaves no room for likes and dislikes!” - Fujitora
Nice quote :D
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

55 by steeltec »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Yesterday

0 by AhriTheS3xyFox »»
Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

64 by cry4heals »»
Yesterday, 5:18 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1081 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 17, 2023

74 by anubela »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.