Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, poor Worick.

Interesting episode though.
I liked how it explored other places in Ergastulum, including a gun shop. Lol, the store owner had a thing for Alex XD

Speaking of which, it looks like she is going through some breakdown again...
I liked the thrilling feel of this episode as it continuously to establish the underworld that is part of their society. I think Alex also really needs to be more careful of herself.

Aug 23, 2015 8:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man Alex looked so fucking hot in that dress and she has such a beautiful voice >//< The Cristiano family are pretty kind themselves for doing what they do for Twlights

It made me smile to see that the song she sang is what she used to sing to her little brother, and I'm willing to bet anything that the dude that appeared in the hood is her little bro

These anti-twilight people are out of control and although Worrick and Nico managed to save some of them, looks like Erica and that kid are about to fuck shit up next episode O_O

TokoyaAug 23, 2015 8:13 AM
Aug 23, 2015 8:17 AM

Feb 2015

She didn't wait for a shower scene before she started groping Alex's breast lol. (¬‿¬)

Alex was a bombshell in that white dress & she has a lovely voice. I'm so glad the song wasn't in ENGRISH.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2015 8:19 AM

Jan 2015
Poor Constance, "Pettan's Sorrow".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 23, 2015 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
All Dat Derp in the first half.

Dat groping scene lol I know why Connie wanted to do that tho. Dem oppai are charming :3

Dat cane up the ass from granny was lol XD

Nice to finally get an explanation about the 4 heads and what each one does.

Alex has a nice singing voice indeed. Felt bad for her brother tho
Poor Nic. He'll never hear Alex's singing :(
Aug 23, 2015 8:35 AM

Mar 2014
handymen actually being handymen

Aug 23, 2015 8:45 AM

Jul 2010
I see the Cristiano family in a new light, especially with their boss sincerely greeting the Twilights.

Alex looks great as a child too, with her brother and all. That hooded guy and his reaction to the song, it would be great for it to not only be Alex looking for her little brother but the other way around too.

Despite the situation, the mood was very nice inside the place.
Aug 23, 2015 8:48 AM

Feb 2014
Alex's brother is confirmed to be alive at least, it's probably that guy with the hood. I actually thought he would be dead.
Aug 23, 2015 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
Nice episode. Not a lot of action, so I'm guessing this is still buildup for the next (and probably last for this season) arc. Nic and Worrick's relationship seems to be pretty complicated, ne? I mean, I love it. But it's just a bit odd to understand it. I think they see each other as a friend though? I hope so.

Nic helping/ comforting Alex was sweet. And Worrick with the whole "Sorry for taking my eyes off you" was also so nice and heartwarming. They both care about her. Not to mention, Alex's voice is wonderful! I loved the song too! It was nice to hear a soothing purely Japanese song in the mix of all that Engrish of Charlotte. And she was so pretty under the lighting! (Was that her little brother walking by...? No way... But maybe?)

Those whisks though. Love the instrumentation of it. Piano, drums (with whisks), upright bass, and voice (definitely alto) seems pretty jazzy to me. Small group style.

As always, can't wait for the next episode. I'll probably fall behind cause I'm moving next week, but this is a favorite of mine this season. Then again, I'll probably put this as a priority to watch.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 23, 2015 9:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fantastic moment with Alex singing, probably the best of the series until now. Most likely her brother heard this.
Aug 23, 2015 9:07 AM
Jun 2015
Pretty good episode. Noticed a lot of art derps in the first half and a little bit in the second half, but it didn't distract me from the actual content.

The stuff with Alex and her brother was pretty sad. I was expecting Alex to bust out some Engrish when she was singing, but I'm glad she didn't.
Aug 23, 2015 9:14 AM
Feb 2015
I really hope Alex gets to see her brother next episode, it's also titled siblings so I hope that's true. Alex sang a nice song and she looked nice this episode!
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Aug 23, 2015 9:16 AM

Jan 2013
so what are those twilights ? are you born a twilight ? i thought that anyone can be one if they take those make me a super human drug
Aug 23, 2015 9:17 AM

Jan 2013
Voltning said:
I really hope Alex gets to see her brother next episode, it's also titled siblings so I hope that's true. Alex sang a nice song and she looked nice this episode!

it sounds like her brother is gonna die next ep,it always ends like that :/
meh im gonna read to find out cant wait anymore
Aug 23, 2015 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
Probably one of the best episodes so far. I loved the lighthearted feel of the first half and the dramatic feel of the second half. The transition was really well done. I really like the Cristiano guys.

The hooded guy is 100% Alex's brother. His skin colour, his facial expresion and how hard he tried to enter the Bastard when he heard Alex's singing proved as much. I really hope they meet in the next episode.
Aug 23, 2015 9:53 AM
Jul 2015
alex took the spotlight this episode, literally. we're finally getting to know more about her and hear her sing too! she's got a lovely voice...
also....that song sounded familiar, like i've heard an old english version of it somewhere..

overall i love the ep... my only complaint is the poor animation...it's sad because the series is awesome and i just want the best for it. =(
Aug 23, 2015 10:01 AM
Jul 2015
DesuTronic said:
handymen actually being handymen

that's what i thought too. lol
Aug 23, 2015 10:11 AM
May 2015
Cant w8 for The Destroyers
Aug 23, 2015 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
Alex's singing was beautiful.
「喜びも悲しみもあなたさえ五等分なんです!」

Aug 23, 2015 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
I haven't watched the ep completely. I'm at the part where Alex was crying infront of the Gunshop. She was talking about her brother then someone came to a gate. And had the same skin color as Alex makes me wonder could it be her brother? Could he also be a Tag? What would he do if he found out his sister was a prostitute? So many questions, this show is really getting more interesting by the minute ...
Aug 23, 2015 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
Lol Constance didn't even hesitate to feel Alex's boobs. So lucky. If this was an ecchi anime, there's no doubt that that would have taken place in a shower.

Alex seems to be still having bad memories, but it was nice to see Nic comfort her. Despite how he acts, he really cares about her. Same with Worrick when he apologized for taking his eye off of her.

Alex looked stunning in that dress, and her singing was also really good. Sucks that Nic won't be able to hear it. I thought it was interesting to hear such a peaceful song while Worick and Nic were dealing with all that craziness. And that was definitely her brother in the hoodie, considering the way he reacted when he heard her singing, along with the title of the next episode. Can't wait to see what comes next.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 23, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2010
i would like to touch alex's boobs too cough cough

nicolas comforting her <3

ah, the scene with alex singing was so nice too
Aug 23, 2015 11:06 AM
Jul 2013
What I'm wondering about is that secretly guy walking around the city with his hood on. I have allowed myself to do some small comparison and I think it might actually be a Alex's brother since he never visited or been in Ergastulum plus his hair style and skin colour is matching his profile. Also the face somehow looks similar as well. If the bond between Alex and her brother was that strong as she claims, he could went for a trip to find her. Also that scene where he passes Bastard looks like he could recognised her voice but it could be just clear coincidence. The only aspect I'm most concern about is about that age gap since from the Alex's memories looks like she was the older one. It's also interesting how they got separated since this topic wasn't touched yet.

Aug 23, 2015 11:06 AM

Jan 2015
Alex's dress and hair style was the best!!! her singing was so good too, even though they changed the song I was so looking forward to, and I'm not even disappointed, I'm rather happy with this one too, hopefully she'll be able to find her brother..
Connie is a sweetheart, finally she showed up, and when Marco appeared I was like WHERE IS MAKISHIMA??? since they had the same voice actor, this anime never fails me the choice of voice actors, they're the best!! and that moment when Nicolas was comforting Alex, that was so sweet, many funny moments too, Worick never lets a chance pass by lol however many terrible thing are happening at the same time, the anti-twilights thing..
Aug 23, 2015 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
I think it's probably safe to assume that the guy in the hoody who wasn't allowed into Bastard is Alex's brother, which would be interesting even if him appearing in the same episode as when he is first mentioned seems a tad contrived. On a different note, Alex's song was fantastic.
Aug 23, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
juicykitten95 said:
so what are those twilights ? are you born a twilight ? i thought that anyone can be one if they take those make me a super human drug

I think one needs to take the drug. This line "I'm sure you're afraid of them because you don't know about them" and rather defenseless twillights appearing this episode makes me think they are victims of some experimentation (to create super soldiers) with low success rate. An A or B level might be insanely strong but a D is not that different from a normal human being (Delico), maybe even handicapped due the 'price' they have to pay. Some incident in the past has led to a faction hating all the twillights due to some monsters.
Aug 23, 2015 11:34 AM

Apr 2012
Alex stole the show this episode; a stunning one piece plus her singing. Nicolas calming down Alex was also <3.
Looks like the brother found her

Aug 23, 2015 11:43 AM

Sep 2014
Jeah I was also wondering about twilights because it seems like they are actually the victims (Worrick was a C or something, so he can obviously handle some normal humans, but other seem quite uncapable in terms of fighting)
I hope we get to know more about those twilights, we are like Alex, dont know whats going on. Also it seems like she started her "work" quite young (since she lost her memory from what happened before the TBs) the again, I dont know how old characters are in this show. Only is they are super small like the girls or the one boy its obvious they are younger ^^

I really really hope this show sells well so we can get more seasons. Its the anime of the season for me.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 23, 2015 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Alex's singing was so beautiful!
Aug 23, 2015 11:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was one beautiful montage with Alex singing. This show is darn good.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 23, 2015 12:18 PM

Jan 2008
See that? That's why it's a damn fucking shame that Mamiko Noto has gotten so few main roles recently. She is still one of the best of the best.
Aug 23, 2015 12:18 PM

Jun 2015
Handymen actually doing more handymen stuff.
Some alex backstory this ep.
Alex looked and sounded stunning.
Already can't wait for next week's episode.
Aug 23, 2015 12:20 PM

Sep 2010
What a wonderful insert song~

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Aug 23, 2015 12:24 PM

Feb 2015
Now I'm interested in Alex's past...
I loved her singing even though I didn't understand it.

I'm willing to bet that the guy in the hoodie outside the club was her brother. The name of the next episode "Siblings" kinda confirmed it.
Aug 23, 2015 12:25 PM
Aug 2015
My post watching Gangsta video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iCvb2K2YK8
Aug 23, 2015 12:38 PM

Mar 2015
Brilliant episode. That last scene was perfect. So much is going to happen next episode.
Aug 23, 2015 12:44 PM

Nov 2011
Beautiful. Music to my ears.
Hate Keeps me warm
Aug 23, 2015 1:08 PM
Aug 2015
For those of you who want to listen to the "No More Rain" which is the song Alex sang at Bastards, come check out my video! I just uploaded it, and sub please lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeU8lKCHgtg
Aug 23, 2015 1:19 PM

Jan 2014
SchwingBoner said:

She didn't wait for a shower scene before she started groping Alex's breast lol. (¬‿¬)

Alex was a bombshell in that white dress & she has a lovely voice. I'm so glad the song wasn't in ENGRISH.

Wait at the second pic you post I thought it was Eren lol.

Aug 23, 2015 1:23 PM

Oct 2011
Holy... Alex's singing was so beautiful.
Aug 23, 2015 1:40 PM

Feb 2014
Really nice episode, even though you could see the quality drop in this episode :(
The handymen doing stuff other than killing was really odd to see :)
Alex or to be exact, her VAs voice, really was nice to listen to.
The loli boss was real funny, hope we see more of her.
Aug 23, 2015 1:49 PM

Jan 2014
Mhm that hoodie guy must have been Alex brother, considering his and her age from flashback and his reaction when he heard the song. It has to be him.

Good episode and that was a pretty chilly song.
Aug 23, 2015 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
Now Alex's singing voice is definitely soothing, a lot better than what I was anticipating for that matter. Looks like the action is gonna pick up again next week, that'll be fun to see.
Aug 23, 2015 2:41 PM

Dec 2014
My personal favorite episode of the series so far. I really liked the calm singing over all the fighting. I want more Rin Toosaka voice please.
Aug 23, 2015 2:43 PM

May 2012
Ales singing was the best part of the episode imo.
Aug 23, 2015 2:45 PM

May 2015
Fantastic episode. Really loved the more focus on Alex this episode, and her singing was perfect. Also, that anti-Twilight is some serious shit. So that's most likely Alex's brother, and probably next episode we'll get to see more of it. Can't wait.

Aug 23, 2015 2:52 PM

Aug 2014
Geh, the art and animation at the middle of the episode was so damn bad.... It made the episode really hard to enjoy, cause visual things are important to me...

Gladly the art was better at the start and end.

And well Gangsta is gangsta, even if the animation fails me at times, still can't help but wait for the next episode.
And Nic as always 10000000000000000/5.

Aug 23, 2015 3:10 PM

Aug 2014
OMG the hoddie guy was her brother ;_;
Sounds like it's going to be resolved next ep because the next ep's title is "siblings". I think it would have had more impact if they never met each other again.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 23, 2015 3:17 PM

Aug 2013
Some sentimental moments and the premise of more trouble coming, for both Alex as well as for Nicolas and Worick, new characters are entering the story, I'm curious to see the development of the anime ..
Aug 23, 2015 3:35 PM

Dec 2014
was the guy in the jacket alex's brother? he probably is, since the next episode is about siblings
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

350 by Cersil »»
Feb 27, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2015

236 by BadCatBodhi »»
Feb 5, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sunakko-ch4n - Sep 10, 2015

107 by Cammell »»
Jan 8, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2015

155 by Cammell »»
Jan 6, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2015

161 by Cammell »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.