Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2015 1:46 PM

Feb 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

RIP AYUMI!!!...............
Aug 15, 2015 1:49 PM

Dec 2011
This was so terribly average lmao. I appreciate the idea of they were trying to do with this episode but it just came out rushed, narmy and extremely anticlimatic. From Yuu getting the news about Ayumi's death to him closing himself and falling into depression. Could have been so good, but it came out so meh. I really just feel that they opened a lot of possibilities for greatness with the last episode and this one didn't keep up. Also wtf was that girl from episode one randomly appearing lol

Adzumii said:
Well that was unexpected but the character development is going steady, to tell the truth the only good anime I like from key is Charlotte I didnt like little busters, angel beats was kinda cool anywayz really happy with this development got to see some baddass act there why can't every character be like badass yuu seriously????

Just putting this out here but if you saw Yuu's acts in this episode as being badass then you missed the point so hard, he was depressed and acting self-destructive and being a horrible person overall to ease the pain of his sister's death. If anything, Tomori was the badass one for watching over him so patiently.
Aug 15, 2015 1:52 PM
Oct 2010
Unless the scientists were a red herring, this is probably leading into it. It's episode 7, they don't really have much time left to do it if they're going to and the sister would be the perfect tie-in.
Aug 15, 2015 1:58 PM
Feb 2009
I was hoping that they would have the possibility to go back in time but... seems like it's not going to happen.

So, now, I'm wondering where they are going with the six last episode...

Hopefully, at one point in the near future, it will be good :)
Aug 15, 2015 1:59 PM
Aug 2015
mrkm said:
xkinn123 said:

11. How to become SIMON, after KAMINA's death.

Don't even try to compare this garbage to TTGL. You make me sick.

TTGL IS GARBAGE TOO COME AT ME
Aug 15, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
ninjasparks said:
pizza sauce heals the kokoro.

I won't believe Ayumi's dead until we see her corpse.
Aug 15, 2015 2:03 PM

Jan 2015
Annuvin said:
The first interesting episode since, well... the first episode.

So true hahahah!
If you're going through hell, just keep on going.
Aug 15, 2015 2:11 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was... not quite what I expected. I mean I know it's Jun Maeda and all but that didn't even feel like something he would do, it was almost more like Urobuchi style

I don't particularly mind though, it was pretty interesting to see
Aug 15, 2015 2:23 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah kill them all for the plot!
Aug 15, 2015 2:30 PM

Jan 2014
I feel a little upset, Yuu was spiraling down in depression. He was nearly about to snort cocaine near the end until Nao stopped him.
I'm pretty sure that wet guy in the end of episode 6 might've saved Ayumi. There was no reason for him to show up. They didn't even talk about a body being found.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 2:33 PM

Nov 2013
There were some interesting easter eggs in this episode. Number one, Yuu was watching Angel Beats. And the second one is obvious. Dango.
And I'm shipping on Yuu x Tomori.
There are lot of things which are unanswered. Let's wait for Episode 11. The episode name is 'Charlotte'. There may be revelations of the entire concept.
Let's wait for the upcoming episodes.
In a nutshell, Episode 7 was great. Yuu reminded me of Tomoya in Clannad After Story.
Why so serious?
Aug 15, 2015 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
Zer01 said:
This was just so awful. I'm so disappointed with this anime since it had strong and promising 1st episode.

Why did they kill off the Loli? For the main character's development? Are you fucking serious, lol? And everything about this episode was so cringe-worthy. I had to stop a few times to take a brake. This was supposed to be sad?

A lot of media does that now though. Not saying that just because a lot of people do it means it's okay, but I'm just putting it out there. Anyways, it's not necessarily a bad thing since death does "change" some people, but I think what matters is how it's done. They're gonna take the clichey someone dies to make someone else have development? That's fine if it's done well. Hell, a certain character in Gurren Lagann literally
Here I'd say that Yuu took his time and the life he was living for granted which is what I think they wanted to do here. Aka bam. Appreciate things more because before you know it. They're goneee dundundun w/e. That's what I think anyways. For all I know it possibly could be just lazy writing but ima hope that isn't the case
YuzurynAug 15, 2015 2:39 PM
Aug 15, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
Ah hell no! How could they do this to (second) best imouto?

On the other hand... I like Yuu way better when he's being evil (and basically completely unhinged); too bad he went back to "normal" that fast.

Also you don't watch Angel Beats! when you're depressed.
CaptainKatsuuraAug 15, 2015 2:50 PM
Aug 15, 2015 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Nao Mary Sue, She's badly written. Who the fuck is she, a saint?
Especially with Yuu instantly making a 180 this episode again thanks to her. Lazy ass development.
In addition Nao is a monster. She wait until the person she want to use at the deepest shit and then come like a savior at that point.
Thinking of this, Nao had to wait to see how far he would go to stop him even though she could fix him whenever she wanted.I bet she got wet seeing him beat people up.
It's like if Ayumi died for nothing. Yuu is back to SC and all.
Are we back to more student council bullshit now?

Not really thanks to her, more like thanks to the memory of Ayumi. If anyone was a "monster" this ep it was Yuu. And idk why you're jumping to conclusions, why would Ayumi die for nothing and then they go straight back to the student council like nothing happened? I'm sure there will be more drama, there's still so many unanswered questions after all.
sugarpeachAug 15, 2015 2:44 PM
Aug 15, 2015 2:39 PM

Jun 2010
I guess I'm just being I'm patient but i think Jun and Key in general is getting weak in the feels department.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 15, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2015
richard360 said:
I guess I'm just being I'm patient but i think Jun and Key in general is getting weak in the feels department.

Eh, you're not alone.
I think they need to work on making the characters more likable as in making them really memorable and distinct to the viewers. If not then most people who aren't really connected to the characters will either "Eh that sucks" or "That's really sad FEEEELS" as in they're feeling bad due to the situation but for the character not really it depends
Aug 15, 2015 2:43 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
richard360 said:
Well it's been five years since his last major hit so... then again he hasn't really been writing very much
Aug 15, 2015 2:44 PM
Oct 2012
People saying Yuu's sudden improvement is unrealistic or bad writing have obviously never been saved from despair by a close friend before, someone I was close to died a few years back and I was pretty much the same as Yuu at his "sit in front of the tv, eat noodles and plan to never leave the house again" stage and all it took was my best friend to come and say just the right things and get me to laugh and my whole life turned around again, it took a bit longer than this but they only have 20 minutes an episode, of course its going to happen faster than in real life. I actually found the way they showed his deterioration to be really realistic, with the added messed up bits due to him having the powers he does.
also I'd say 90% sure imouto isn't dead, clearly a plot twist you can see from a mile off.

Also I can't believe I got this far into watching this without realising it was by Jun Maeda, this episode I was thinking "this is approaching Jun Maeda levels of depressingness" then saw the angel beats while he was in the manga cafe and looked it up and felt dumb.

Gotta admit though this doesn't have the whole bam right in the feels effect of older Jun Maeda works but I'm kinda glad about that, I would have dropped it if it did I can't handle things that are that depressing any more, I don't need to spend hours crying over fictional characters any more thanks
Aug 15, 2015 2:46 PM

Mar 2011
the episode titles worry me. what if "Promise" is about the promise that was made in this episode? then there's the opening theme's lyrics about having to choose "one or the other". will we get the Steins;Gate treatment or another bittersweet ending? tune in next time on... oh fuk it. i hate you Jun Maeda. quit playing games with my heart.
Aug 15, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2015
Angel Beats Feels T_T
that character development was sure something, can't blame him though, that was an inevitable phase after such an unfortunate incident, luckily Nao was there for him and hopefully, even though turning back to his usual self might be more of a too much wishful thinking, he'll become even better and stronger...
T.K. sure has grown up in heaven!
Aug 15, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2012
I feel empty after this episode... Great episode. I teared up. But I can't cry... I can't believe they actually did that... I kind of just want to lay here and do nothing for a while....

On another note, his insane, dark side is pretty badass. It's still sad to watch, but I can't say I was scared. It was a mix of morbidly impressed and depressed.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 15, 2015 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
Welp life moves one, you're only allowed one episode. Charlotte confirmed best girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 2:53 PM
Jul 2015
am i the only one who thinks theres a chance shes not dead.
Aug 15, 2015 2:54 PM

Sep 2014
I have a feeling that his sister got captured by the scientist (they faked her death and captured her) lol.
Aug 15, 2015 2:54 PM

Jan 2010
Sensational episode, I would say that is the most psychological episode of Key.
I waited for a trauma of Yuu, but not this attitude, had seen some personality crises in the works of the key, but this surpassed any other, I hope the anime continues at this pace and with this heavy weather.
As for the theories, this episode did not serve to embassar no, it was not what everyone expected, Nao 'saving' the Yuu.

Can you think of her case be even a time traveler and there only be to save the Yuu. Why she would spend several days just to watch him? As I said in another topic in an alternate timeline, the Yuu may have become someone dangerous, Nao then turned to avoid it.

And the men who were behind Yuu, they would be the people connected to scientists?

The animation of the episode, as much as the soundtrack were clean, only missed one ost at first, but the silence helped make good disturbing environment.

It's time to increase the note there for 8.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Aug 15, 2015 2:57 PM
Oct 2012
ManLikeDavid said:
am i the only one who thinks theres a chance shes not dead.

nope i'm like 70% sure she's still alive, if so though my eyes will roll so much if thats some big twist at the end because it will just be so cliche

still since it's Jun Maeda wouldn't be at all surprised if she was dead, they put a lot of effort into trying to make her cute (though they kinda failed in my opinion, she was just annoying) and killing off the cute one is the way of Jun Maeda
squiggleblorgAug 15, 2015 3:00 PM
Aug 15, 2015 2:58 PM

Sep 2012
Antanaru said:
When I heard the sister is dead I though "fuck yes!". It's hard to give a damn about a character with no development aside from being annoying. Luckily they tried to do the drama by showing MC's turmoil but sadly it was resolved way too quickly and easily. It's highly probable the sister was just taken by some research facility (especially seeing there was no funeral shown) and rescuing her might be the plot for the rest of the series.

Nailed it boy, you just nailed it. At this point I am convinced Jun should stick to VN with 5 waifu routes. A linear story is not his forte especially since everything get resolved way too quickly.
Aug 15, 2015 3:01 PM

Feb 2015
That episode hit me right in the feels.
Aug 15, 2015 3:06 PM
Sep 2014
it turned out exactly as i thought it would, pretty expected episode,they could have toned down a bit the whole depressive yuu arc and give us some insight about the girl in the car of episode 6 or how some of the other student council characters dealt with the consequences of having failed this time around and how they felt about it but here's hoping the next chapters get better.
Aug 15, 2015 3:08 PM
Feb 2013
I don't know why but Yuu reminds me so much of Lelouch.
Aug 15, 2015 3:09 PM

Feb 2010
The transition were too spontaneous. The episode was entertaining just to see him abuse his powers. Did not expect a Key series to go to such an extent of hurting people through getting stabbed and jumping off balconies. Usually those are excluded for Key's infamous shadow people. But if Charlotte will follow the traditional Key, Ayumi would definitely come back to life.

Also, lol! Jun decided AB should make a cameo as an anime series.
Aug 15, 2015 3:10 PM

Jan 2011
Reminded me of code geass episode, in which lelouch was about to take the drug..
Duh.
Aug 15, 2015 3:12 PM

Sep 2013
Inferno_Cop said:
Antanaru said:
When I heard the sister is dead I though "fuck yes!". It's hard to give a damn about a character with no development aside from being annoying. Luckily they tried to do the drama by showing MC's turmoil but sadly it was resolved way too quickly and easily. It's highly probable the sister was just taken by some research facility (especially seeing there was no funeral shown) and rescuing her might be the plot for the rest of the series.

Nailed it boy, you just nailed it. At this point I am convinced Jun should stick to VN with 5 waifu routes. A linear story is not his forte especially since everything get resolved way too quickly.

Yeah i agree
Aug 15, 2015 3:14 PM

Jul 2014
Wow. Just... wow.
Sublime.
Aug 15, 2015 3:16 PM

Feb 2015
Holy shit that was a great episode. i loved especially seeing how dark the mc can get.... I kinda wish he had gone through with the eyeball thing. But dammit Ayumi :'(

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Aug 15, 2015 3:17 PM

Aug 2014
My god. Can't stop crying. Poor imouto.
Although it was expected and my heart was ready for it, it was a hard blow.
Yuu's depression was similar to that of Tomoya from Clannad

Anyway, after this episode I love Nao a lot more. Such a beautiful character.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.

Apr 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
yatotrash said:

Not really thanks to her, more like thanks to the memory of Ayumi. If anyone was a "monster" this ep it was Yuu. And idk why you're jumping to conclusions, why would Ayumi die for nothing and then they go straight back to the student council like nothing happened? I'm sure there will be more drama, there's still so many unanswered questions after all.

a true friend will not let another friend sink first and only then assist and still observe the sinking.
I'm sorry, the evil must be nipped in the bud and not leave it flourish and then do something.
The problems in life are not solved as easily as Maeda is trying to show in the anime.
More in Charlotte seems that everything is solved by miracles and magic.

I wouldn't say that until we see next episode and if they act like all that stuff Yuu did never happened and all he is now is a little gloomy then yeah.. A realistic path would have him return to the student council but still have those violent tendencies since those don't just go away that fast.
If they do take the bad writing path then I stand corrected and you'll be right > o <

However, don't ya think you're a bit too biased against Nao? I can definitely see the Mary Sue like qualities, but I wouldn't say she is one. The whole thing with her watching him spiral into the whole thing was "eh" but if you ask me it fits her character who is sorta apathetic. Notice how chill she was seeing her brother? You could argue she's used to it, but still there was no emotion coming from her whatsoever hence apathetic.

A "good" person would stop Yuu right when he started doing bad things, but Nao and some other people in the would wait a while to see how it all plays out. Is she a true friend? According to your definition, she isn't. I wouldn't say she's one either. Is she a good person? That's up for debate. I'd argue that she is, but she's also flawed. A good person can do bad things after all. Anyways, if she stopped him early we wouldn't get to see how bad Yuu got after being traumatized from his sister's death. If anything we'd only get implied stuff like "Oh if Nao didn't stop him there think about what he would have done" so I would just ignore the whole "Nao waited to save him!" thing.
YuzurynAug 15, 2015 3:27 PM

Dec 2012
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
yatotrash said:

a true friend will not let another friend sink first and only then assist and still observe the sinking.
I'm sorry, the evil must be nipped in the bud and not leave it flourish and then do something.
The problems in life are not solved as easily as Maeda is trying to show in the anime.
More in Charlotte seems that everything is solved by miracles and magic.

I don't think that Nao is Yuu's friend. Looks like she's using him.
Aug 15, 2015 3:19 PM

Aug 2014
What a rollercoaster.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 15, 2015 3:20 PM
Apr 2012
The episode gave me some feels. So far the sad and dark parts of the series are done much better than the comedic parts and character development.

Although I definitely believe the drama would have hit much harder and been more impactful if the first few light hearted episodes were done better, gotta still give props to Yoshiyuki Asai considering its his first time directing a series.
Aug 15, 2015 3:22 PM

Sep 2014
xkinn123 said:
SO, in this episode, we learnt:
1. How to become a NEET
2. How to turned down your ex-girlfriend, pretty hard.
3. How to get away from the apartment owner, waiting for your debt
4. How to find arcade games is so fun
5. How to find eating cup ramen is delicious no matter how many cups you eat
6. How to become a swag
7. How to fight people like a boss
8. How to stalk to the whole new level that even you find it creepy
9. How to become depressed as f**k
10. How to heal MC-kun's kokoro
11. How to become SIMON, after KAMINA's death.

You should delete the 11. , that's a big spoiler for tengen toppa gurren lagan.
Aug 15, 2015 3:26 PM

Dec 2013
I'm so ridiculously happy that the little sister is actually dead! Next on the list is the dude who turns everyone off :P

Wow Yuu went insane this episode! Didn't think that he'd react that bad to the lack of pizza sauce in his life.
Aug 15, 2015 3:27 PM

Jun 2013
This entire episode broke my heart but the ending gave me a little hope :)
Aug 15, 2015 3:28 PM

Feb 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Yuzuryn said:

I wouldn't say that until we see next episode and if they act like all that stuff Yuu did never happened and all he is now is a little gloomy then yeah.. A realistic path would have him return to the student council but still have those violent tendencies since those don't just go away that fast.
If they do take the bad writing path then I stand corrected and you'll be right > o <
However, don't ya think you're a bit too biased against Nao? I can definitely see the Mary Sue like qualities, but I wouldn't say she is one. The whole thing with her watching him spiral into the whole thing was "eh" but if you ask me it fits her character who is sorta apathetic. A "good" person would stop Yuu right when he started doing bad things, but Nao and some other people in the would wait a while to see how it all plays out. Is she a true friend? According to your definition, she isn't. I wouldn't say she's one either. Is she a good person? That's up for debate. I'd argue that she is, but she's also flawed. A good person can do bad things after all. Anyways, if she stopped him early we wouldn't get to see how bad Yuu was traumatized from his sister's death and if anything we'd only get implied stuff like "Oh if nao stopped him there think about what he would have done" so I would just ignore the whole "Nao waited to save him!" thing.

With all respec.
No real human, can predict what would happen leaving a person in this state do what you want
And if Yu had killed someone?

Welp, sucks to suck.
EDIT: no I don't like Nao I just thought if yuu did kill someone it would have demonstrated his rampage/anger even more (dat eyeball part). Kinda like Lelouch then.
ririchiyomikaAug 15, 2015 3:31 PM

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Aug 15, 2015 3:34 PM

Sep 2014
An amazing episode. After this episode i think this is going to be my favorite anime from this season, you can really feel KEY's vibe. The depression of the MC was very well portrayed, and the last scene with the pizzas rice was really sad. The cameo from angel beats anime was nice too.

I can't really wait till the next week to see what comes next. It's so sad the MC sister is dead, the drama is going to be high from here, i'm going to rise this anime to 9/10. The opening is starting to make more sense, if it's like angel beats, there could be a big spoiler in the name "charlotte" we still don't get.
Aug 15, 2015 3:34 PM

Apr 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

With all respec.
No real human, can predict what would happen leaving a person in this state do what you want
And if Yu had killed someone?

You have a point! Thanks for the response man ( ' v ')7
And if he killed someone then you could say all you want against Nao and the Key Team, etc. I'd do it too! At that point, I think it would really be hard to label her as a good person or even a friend at that. A true friend label would be out of the question.
Very Mary Sue though if it turns out that Nao knew exactly how'd he would act in this state. I'll give ya that. Hopefully they'll explain this by saying something like; Nao: I thought you wouldn't go off the deep end. I thought I had you figured out but I was wrong and things were escalating so fast that I was scared to even do something until BAM she did it.) I think that's what her little line at the end about the Ayumi miscalculation meant (her not saving Ayumi fast enough because Nao herself thought she would be okay) and will come into play later.
YuzurynAug 15, 2015 3:39 PM
Aug 15, 2015 3:41 PM
Oct 2013
ex girlfriend so irrelevant i didnt know who she was til read other posts.

Apr 2013
How am I supposed to feel for the death of a sideline character, a character who bared little importance for the series up until now? How am I supposed to feel for a character's grief when he is devoid of any sincere or authentic personality? I honestly don't see why the director and writers expect me to care for all of this when they cheaply use deaths as a means to garner sympathy and attention for the audience. This dark and edgy direction is able to fool so many people that this is good writing. I actually would have enjoyed the show a lot more if it kept its shitty powers of the week comedic skit. Forced drama is far worse than forced humor imo.

I think I'm finally done with this show. I gave it 7 episodes, and I honestly don't see it changing to a better direction after this episode. It's clear that creating interesting authentic personalities, and building up tension is not a popular interest. Shoehorned deaths, and shitty psycho drama is what's seen as good entertainment. Dropped.
NudeBearAug 15, 2015 3:45 PM
Nov 2014
That was fun, glad the imouto is dead.
Aug 15, 2015 3:48 PM

Jan 2009
Here's a theory. The ability Yuu (since we came to the conclusion it's not his main ability) uses right now comes from his brother/cousin/relative. There might be other ways for him to copy an ability apart from possessing them.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.