Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 1, 2015 5:15 AM

Jun 2013
Wendy turned super saiyan on him
Aug 1, 2015 5:18 AM
Mar 2014
Wendy looked realy neat in Dragon Force mode.
Aug 1, 2015 5:20 AM

May 2012
I remember how heartwrenching it was to read this chapter, especially so with Wendy being possibly my favorite character in FT next to Lucy.

This episode did still feel like a tearjerker despite me knowing what was coming up already.

And like TragicRomance said, they should have just gone with a cliffhanger.

Aug 1, 2015 7:37 AM

Sep 2014
Eh, sorta meh episode. Dragonforce Wendy was cool and all, but yeah, they should've died! Damn FT and its plot armour. .-.
Aug 1, 2015 7:51 AM

Sep 2009
JPthugnificent said:
And here comes Doranbolt, Mr. Deus Ex Machina himself! lol

Deus Ex Mest: best way to get away from near death situations!

But man, the second half of the episode were really dragged out without any real pay off. They should have left us with the cliffhanger of Face exploding and not show Mest saving the day yet.
Aug 1, 2015 8:28 AM

Jul 2015
Awesome fight
Aug 1, 2015 8:52 AM

Sep 2014
Wendy so badass this episode, really great fight. Animation was pretty decent also.
Would probably get a bit more feelsy if I hadn't read the manga before, but it was fine.
Great episode.
Aug 1, 2015 11:43 AM
May 2015
Yeah the hole time i waited for som fairy tail bullshit so they could survive.
Ps:cool dragon force.
Aug 1, 2015 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
Good episode, the emotional tone was spot on for me. Damn I really thought they were gonna go out for a while there.

But yeah, it's a shonen after all. Can't expect "too" much :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2015 12:15 PM

Feb 2015
I like the emotional scenes and all that but I felt that there was something missing...
Aug 1, 2015 12:43 PM
Jun 2010
what an ass pull, but i was expecting it.
Aug 1, 2015 4:23 PM
Jul 2009
As if Doranbolt was going to let his favorite loli die.
Aug 1, 2015 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
Best episode of Fairy Tail 2014 so far !!
The fight was super intense with epic soundtrack and the emotional moment in the second half of the episode just got me in the kororo xD still i'm so glad she didn't die, but it's FT noone ever dies lmao :b
I still think Wendy has a lot of potencial power to discover and probably one of the stongest characters ^^
Aug 1, 2015 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
I think someone slept when Mashima drew the corresponding manga chapters, as always before Wendy got interrupted when it was her time to shine. Whoever's job is to ensure she is useless must have slept or been on holidays.

Good for us (imho), as Wendy was awesome. Looking fierce, and taking out Ezel that fast. Fight was rather short due to that, but that was no surprise given the overall situation.

And while Doranbolt may be seen as a "deus ex machina" save, it was never a question of whether Wendy and Carla would survive. And he actually is the most logical choice given his abilities, his previous interaction with FT and Wendy etc., especially compared to *another* power up. Or Ezel suddenly both having enough strength and wanting to save them.

The only other somewhat reasonable other solution i can come up with would have been Gildarts completely obliberating Face, as the base was still intact there, which might be the reason it's still functional. But that would be way more "deus ex machina" then Doranbolt.
Aug 1, 2015 5:54 PM

Oct 2014
Wendy <3
Aug 1, 2015 5:58 PM

Oct 2012
disappointing ending , we see the great fight of Wendy in DBZ mode then the other half of the episode climaxing of them destroying face only to be saved, Seriously?!?!?

Plain and simple if your not going to die don't waste my time climaxing half an ep that their going to die and pull a rabbit out of the hat last second.... annoying.. On the plus side at least it's not as bad a ending with a standard 10 seconds left countdown.

Aug 1, 2015 11:05 PM

Feb 2014
I can't believe I even thought for a second that FAIRY TAIL was actually gonna kill off some main characters. Honestly I would have preferred them to actually die right there (especially with that setup) but that would be too sad for a show like this :P

Dat dragonforce doe. I wonder if shes ever gonna get to use that again
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Aug 1, 2015 11:39 PM

Jun 2012
Of course they didnt die lol.
Aug 1, 2015 11:58 PM
Jun 2015
Okay, I get why people are claiming that it would have been absurd for Wendy and Carla to be the first to die (because it would have) but that really is no excuse for this lazy writing. And, before someone claims that I'm a hater, I'm not a hater. Fairy Tail was one of the first animes I watched. This anime/manga (haven't read much of the manga) will always have a place in my heart. However, I shall not defend this lazy writing.

Half of this episode was dedicated to a flashback montage of Wendy and Carla (which honestly kind of pulled my heart string). We are sitting there waiting for their emotional death when-...NOPE. Out of fucking nowhere, Doranbolt comes in like some masked hero to 'save them at the last minute'. Listen, there is nothing I hate more than when someone teases a death. It's lazy. What makes it worst was that Doranbolt legitimately appeared out of nowhere.

Don't get me wrong, I already knew that Wendy and Carla weren't going to be killed off. However, I would have been more satisfied if they had somehow managed to survive the explosion. But NOPE. Doranbolt teleport across half the continent to heroically save the duo.
Aug 2, 2015 12:27 AM

Dec 2014
yasuharu takanashi did really beatiful music....like a squeezer of tears

Aug 2, 2015 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
As short as the fight felt it was still great to see, Wendy is a badass. The ost in the episode was awesome as well! I can't wait for the fights to come after this XD

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
sarroushAug 2, 2015 10:52 AM
Aug 2, 2015 5:48 AM
May 2015
Speaking of asspull, I think you guys totally forgot the time that hades attacked wendy and that whole disappear moment.

Anyway, I liked the episode, wasn't convinced that she was going to die but I was near believing it with the little time left and the whole flashbacks. I was actually expecting mest to teleport in, teleport them out and blow it up himself or something akin to that.
Aug 2, 2015 10:57 AM

Dec 2008
This bit tugged at my heart in the manga, and anime just went full throttle. I get people raging that they didn't die and though a part of me would have wanted it, another part will always be happy that they're still alive.

Feels were real.
Also, if people are raging at this, I can`t wait to see their reactions to
Aug 2, 2015 11:12 AM

May 2014
Huh... I thought it would be ridiculous but it was actually nice :)
Aug 2, 2015 3:08 PM

May 2014
comes to save her love, so cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2015 5:16 PM

Jun 2014
NerdyBoy25 said:
Okay, I get why people are claiming that it would have been absurd for Wendy and Carla to be the first to die (because it would have) but that really is no excuse for this lazy writing. And, before someone claims that I'm a hater, I'm not a hater. Fairy Tail was one of the first animes I watched. This anime/manga (haven't read much of the manga) will always have a place in my heart. However, I shall not defend this lazy writing.

Half of this episode was dedicated to a flashback montage of Wendy and Carla (which honestly kind of pulled my heart string). We are sitting there waiting for their emotional death when-...NOPE. Out of fucking nowhere, Doranbolt comes in like some masked hero to 'save them at the last minute'. Listen, there is nothing I hate more than when someone teases a death. It's lazy. What makes it worst was that Doranbolt legitimately appeared out of nowhere.

Don't get me wrong, I already knew that Wendy and Carla weren't going to be killed off. However, I would have been more satisfied if they had somehow managed to survive the explosion. But NOPE. Doranbolt teleport across half the continent to heroically save the duo.

Lol, you'd rather them of survived the explosion? Please, that would of been a bigger asspull and would of made even less sense.
Aug 2, 2015 5:47 PM

May 2015
where is guild arts *face palm*
Kono Giorno Giovana Niwa Yume Ga Aru
Aug 2, 2015 6:39 PM

Apr 2008
1spartan106 said:
where is guild arts *face palm*

You should know better than to expected Gildarts to show up
Aug 2, 2015 8:25 PM
May 2015
Mixed feelings about this episode, but overall it was great. Wish the fight was fleshed out a bit. Knew what the ending was going to be, but the part with the memories got me in the feels. I was crying, but I'm a big push-over. Wendy's fight is the beginning of all the good stuff from this arc so my hype has risen so much with each week.
Aug 2, 2015 8:26 PM
May 2015
sarroush said:
This bit tugged at my heart in the manga, and anime just went full throttle. I get people raging that they didn't die and though a part of me would have wanted it, another part will always be happy that they're still alive.

Feels were real.
Also, if people are raging at this, I can`t wait to see their reactions to

IKR!!!

FuFufufufufu!
Aug 2, 2015 8:30 PM
May 2015
TragicRomance said:
Ah man, they should have gone for a cliffhanger there... Anyways, brilliant adaptation. Wendy had such an incredible character development. She used to be so shy and nervous but now look at her. She is willing to sacrifice herself for everyone. Both her and Carla are admirable. All in all, beautiful.

I just can't wait for those glorious Lucy chapters. Those were so incredible, and I am feeling goosebumps just by reminiscing them. You guys will know when you watch. Long story short, I fell for Lucy all over again. She really is the best character of FT for me (along with Gray)

Me too!!!!

CodeZwei said:
milkydean said:

Well compared to nnt the per episode budget for ft is less
also they did animate natsu vs jackal nicely, jellal vs os too
the problem with this fight was the frames and colour werent clear, they could have given a better view of ezel's and wendy's attack
also part 3 is coming
Csk?

Aug 3, 2015 7:51 AM

May 2014
LOL, never underestimate loli powers. I dunno why Mashima always make a sad scene when the characters aren't going to die anyway. Damn, he is good at trolling. First, Gray, so Happy and then this. ^^

But yeah great fight. Damn, already got fan of Wendy's dragon force. It look kakoiii!!

Aug 3, 2015 7:59 AM

May 2014
samesdday said:
didn't expect them to live, really surprised

not

It's Mashima after all. Not suprized at all. ^^
Aug 3, 2015 4:17 PM
Aug 2015
The episode was fantastic but the plot isn't. Wendy vs Ezel was a great fight, very interesting to see Wendy's Dragon Force being shown. The Wendy and Carla flashback tugged a few heartstrings.

But, I think the plot is unreasonable so far. The threat of all magic being eradicated from the continent of Ishgar should be enough of a danger to call up one of the Three Knights of Ishgar we haven't seen if not all, not even Gildarts arrived.

Also, the Tartarus guild are lacking in strategy. They could have easily carried out the Face operation if they sent Keyes instead of Ezel to stall out any intruders like he is doing with Gray.
Aug 3, 2015 5:17 PM

Sep 2013
Shit. Even though I was fully aware that people don't die in Fairy Tail, all those flashbacks really made me doubt it all. Not sure if I should be ashamed at myself or impressed with Mashima. Also, fantastic and definitely the best power-up yet. Damn shame we won't likely see it again.
Aug 3, 2015 6:41 PM
May 2015
Afro_Tail said:
The episode was fantastic but the plot isn't. Wendy vs Ezel was a great fight, very interesting to see Wendy's Dragon Force being shown. The Wendy and Carla flashback tugged a few heartstrings.

But, I think the plot is unreasonable so far. The threat of all magic being eradicated from the continent of Ishgar should be enough of a danger to call up one of the Three Knights of Ishgar we haven't seen if not all, not even Gildarts arrived.

Also, the Tartarus guild are lacking in strategy. They could have easily carried out the Face operation if they sent Keyes instead of Ezel to stall out any intruders like he is doing with Gray.

Its going to call up something for sure :P
Aug 4, 2015 12:50 AM
Mar 2015
[quote=ChickenTarm]
IZEROII said:
people expected Wendy and Charles to die?
yeah I did expect them to die. theu made a very long scene of memories of them being together and even made new scenes from their past.at first I though ow come on they can't die... and then the memory sequence started and they made it so good that I started crying over their impending death. I was ready to have my last moments with wendy with a last sentence sort of thing and then BAM out of nowhere doranbalt saves them...that made me angry cuz I already felt like we will lose them....
Aug 4, 2015 11:31 AM

Jan 2010
I hate when animes make heroes undieable, that's just stupid.
why ?
because you know that they are not gonna die, so you can't take drama scenes seriously.
0/5 for this episode because of useless drama with characters that never die.
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Aug 4, 2015 6:12 PM
Oct 2010
Sv3rr3 said:
Half the episode dedicated to a cliche sad montage only for them to survive through some lazy asspull.

1/5
How could anyone defend this?

Though not a standard rating, -5/5 would be a better representation of how I feel about this episode. I would actually feel insulted if the author thought that montage was remotely convincing, given the past records for this series.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 5, 2015 1:04 AM
Jun 2015
Along with how impressed I was to see Wendy's powerful side, I couldn't help but think "I guess we can't have a single innocent female character in Fairy Tail (With Mirajane, Kinana, and now Wendy)".
Also.. I think I didn't feet for the character enough.. or something.. because I seriously thought Wendy and Carla were going to die.. and I was okay with it because 2 lives over millions made sense.... Am I heartless?
Anyway, I now ship the forbidden love of Doranbolt and Wendy even more... even though I really wish their age difference wasn't so drastic >^<.
Now to look forward to Gray's fight with Silver.. which I predict will be a lot like Natsu vs the Flame God Slayer
...or in correspondence to the next episode, Natsu and Lucy's fight against the Soul Eate- I mean the Soul Absorber.
Aug 5, 2015 4:36 AM

Mar 2011
I hate how they insists on making these stupid dramatic scenes.

This only works when there is a chance the character could actually die. We all know you don't have the balls to kill off any main character.. so for me, this sort of scene just drags on as I wait for the bullshit way they survive xD.

Her Dragon Force was cool though.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Aug 5, 2015 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
I really couldn't stand the drama scene so I just skipped it. I mean, by Fairy Tail's track record, it's obvious that they won't die... Because nobody does. Ever.
Aug 5, 2015 6:25 PM

Jan 2014
Aaand of course they're alive. That was still touching though
Aug 5, 2015 11:06 PM

Aug 2014
It was a nice episode. Satomi Sato showed she could make a good battle voice for Wendy, who looks awesome in Dragonforce mode.
I've already read the manga but still, those feels. Well done Fairy Tail.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Aug 6, 2015 1:43 AM

Nov 2014
Oh my gosh O_O
Fairy Tail is one of the few anime that can continuously make me both laugh and cry over and over, and can get me super attached to the characters, and make me want to be a part of what's going on, and feel immersed in their world. This episode was so sad T^T I was so sure they weren't going to make it because the series is so progressed now that I think they really could kill off a main character like that, and then they showed that montage of their lives with the sad music and everything, making me all sad and depressed, and then right at the end Doranbolt swoops in and saves them, and I just fall over and start giggling like an idiot. I don't care what anyone else says, Fairy Tail is an absolute masterpiece.
Aug 6, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2014
great episode episode, trolled me hard though with those flashbacks of Wendy and Carla shit made me seriously think that they were gonna die
Aug 6, 2015 10:04 PM

Sep 2009
Pretty great episode except for the complete asspull. Wendy's Dragon Force is really cool and the fight was quite good but should have been longer. I agree that it should have ended in a cliffhanger. If they died it would have been shocking but it's Fairy Tail so I didn't expect them to, but at least give us some doubt.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Aug 7, 2015 12:48 PM

Apr 2010
I almost cried at the Wendy x Carla moment. ;_;
Aug 7, 2015 1:28 PM

May 2014
Wow this was actually a rather good episode. Didn't expect it to be this good, good one Mest ;)
Aug 8, 2015 6:31 PM

Jan 2015
The fight was brilliant, Wendy going DF, kicking some ass and suff, but there is one thing. Why da hell didn't they use the original Dragon Force Theme music ? Just find Wendy's fight on yt, lower it's volume and then play Dragon Force theme. My freaking god this would be AMAZING!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.