Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2015 11:06 AM

Apr 2011
idk, i was happy to see a horror anime this season, with the same director and producers of danganronpa I'm expecting a deep plot with lots of mystery and twists, hope not to be disappointed!

I'm still not feeling the characters, main character included...
NyandaJul 3, 2015 11:10 AM
Jul 3, 2015 11:08 AM

Dec 2010
I loved it. So excited about this one!!

The art, atmosphere, and music were all just great!
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jul 3, 2015 11:17 AM
May 2015
Nice start, i love the MC's personality!

Cant wait for the next episode...
Jul 3, 2015 11:26 AM

Jan 2013
The girly guy is better then i expected.I thought that he was gonna be just useless decoration but it looks like his personality that lacks few screws might (just might since prob not) be interesting.
The real question about these mysteries is how much bullshit is behind it and i hope that its tolerable amount.
Jul 3, 2015 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
drgfl11 said:
I thought it was really, really mediocre... It tried to be dark, but in the same time featured characters like that new teacher, MC who is a trap and his irritating friend. And the atmosphere wasn't really my cup of tea. I'll do my best trying not to drop it, wish me luck.

hmm i dont see how it tried to be dark at all,everyone was pretty optimistic and background was colorful.It tried to be artistic rather then dark.
Jul 3, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
TheNaturalPerm said:
MEsoJD said:
Also, why is mal so homophobic? I don't get it. Most of you on here are probably anti-social outcast. You'd think people on here would be more open. haha : 3

you might want to consider looking up homophobic in the dictionary.

No need... This has been a common thing among users on mal for years. One doesn't have to be blunt for their paranoia to shine through over something trivial.
Jul 3, 2015 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
Originally wasn't going to watch this but decided to check this out anyway. Not bad, the only complaint I have is the fact that the MC is a trap. God it's like Nagisa from Assassination Classroom all over again
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 3, 2015 11:56 AM
Apr 2012
I actually went and search LAST DAYS The Lonely Crowd on Youtube and Google, to find nothing, haha XD Anyone calling dibs on that one?
Jul 3, 2015 12:03 PM

Apr 2012
Those grey cut outs are kinda grating on the eyes. Still can't tell if this will be any good but the main character is really annoying. I'll give it another couple of episodes.

Did the new teacher cut herself?

Jul 3, 2015 12:13 PM

Mar 2009
protag sold me on following this for at least a little. too bad it's stuck with a director i hate.

hope it's a bit gay.

Jul 3, 2015 12:31 PM
Sep 2014
Yesssssss

More pleaseeeeeeee

Great start to the series
Jul 3, 2015 12:38 PM

Jul 2010
Hm. The crime reminds me of MPD Psycho. Seems interesting so far, though the first part of the episode was a little slow I found. Hopefully it'll be interesting.
Jul 3, 2015 12:44 PM
Sep 2014
The ED reminds me of one of FMAB's ED's, anyone else?
Jul 3, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
That moment when you are not sure if reverse trap or shounen ai....

Hmm, anyway, solid start, I am intirgued by the murder case and I like the characters so far, it has potential... also kinda liked OP/ED
Jul 3, 2015 2:11 PM

Dec 2012
CookingPriest said:
Also you do not need a monologue to be a POV, see the cop scenes I mentioned.

But at that time, Kobayashi is not on screen. Right when Kobayashi is back on screen, even though it's like still from the cop point of view, the background characters already became silhouettes. The conclusion: directing error.
I like anime.
Jul 3, 2015 2:15 PM

May 2015
Alright first episode. MC real trap, still can't believe it's a boy. Liking the ED. Hopefully this one's going to be good.

Jul 3, 2015 2:18 PM

Jun 2015
God Damn! What a start I honestly liked a lot this first episode! The OP and ED are also awesome, and its quite funny how they made the "unimportant" characters xD
That teacher though.
Kobayashi is freaking sick on the head and Akeshi look like a badass character and Hashiba has a freaking crush on Kobayashi, just saying xD
Cant wait to see next episode
KuroTenshi1997Jul 3, 2015 2:22 PM
Jul 3, 2015 2:22 PM

Jan 2015
NorthBayAnime said:

Nope, it reminds me FMAB OP
Jul 3, 2015 2:26 PM
Apr 2015
Wow, it looks very interesting!! Too much symbolism in only 20 seconds of the episode :3. I even like that the characters that are not important for the story are shadowed and later revealed when they turn out to be main or supporting characters.... it's a nice touch, I don't know why I hated it in Mikagura Gakuen....
Jul 3, 2015 2:27 PM
Sep 2014
Xenocrisi said:
NorthBayAnime said:

Ah yes OP 1 not ED
Jul 3, 2015 2:28 PM

Jan 2015
NorthBayAnime said:
Xenocrisi said:

Ah yes OP 1 not ED

Exactly :)
i didn't see yet if she is the same singer. now i check.
EDIT: no, she isn't but the voice is the same
Jul 3, 2015 2:32 PM

Jun 2013
Was it me or was the explanation how he find his apartment not correct?
Jul 3, 2015 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
Aeternitas said:
Was it me or was the explanation how he find his apartment not correct?

Could you elaborate?
I like anime.
Jul 3, 2015 2:50 PM

Aug 2010
Why are people in this forum so ignorant? Its the first episode and people are already claiming stuff. How can you call the characters bland in the first episode? Especially when all the episode focus was to introduce characters and the narrative conflict. Yes Kobayashis reaction to the whole situation was weird but the viewer doesnt know him. How about you give the anime a chance to explain? If it doesnt then complain all you want. The teachers personality was over-the-top yes, but if you noticed her wrists you can conclude that she is more than meets the eye.
Also, whats the problem with how Kobayashi looks? Needless nitpicking really.
If you dont like the show just drop it and dont rate it. This is another example of anime underrating when people dont even take their time to watch the full show and make ignorant claims about the characters/story.
Jul 3, 2015 3:05 PM

Jun 2013
the OP and ED were cool and this seems very interesting and simcity?!
Jul 3, 2015 3:15 PM
Apr 2013
Was hoping for a decent horror anime but ugh this was bad imo. I'll give it a few more episodes but this was so boring and I hate the MC already
Jul 3, 2015 3:46 PM
Oct 2012
GrumpyWolf said:
Why are people in this forum so ignorant?

Because they are children being exposed to something outside their very narrow worldview. Basically they are slightly older than a child who thinks kissing is gross.

A more benign reason would be that they think this show is jumping on the recent "trap" bandwagon, not realizing that this, as well as homosexuality, erotiicsm, and the love of grotesque, have been standards in Japanese children's literature since the 1930's. That far from being just another such story, this is the series (and writer) that can be claimed to have invented it in its modern form (because of course it is much, much older).
Jul 3, 2015 3:58 PM

Aug 2011
Not a bad start. I hope it gets more intense though, as the only thing that fits within the horror genre so far are a few grotesque images. I guess we just have to wait and see how it goes.
Jul 3, 2015 5:04 PM

Jul 2014
Yeoun said:
ok dropped already fucking trap shit mc and here i was thinking pls dont be a boy

Who the fuck cares if it's a boy lol?
Jul 3, 2015 6:49 PM

Dec 2010
Kobayashi is way too annoying, I hope I'll be able to endure him for 11 more episodes.

Seems like a creepy work anyway. I hope it has some kind of substance.
Jul 3, 2015 7:08 PM

Apr 2015
P3TE said:
Yeoun said:
ok dropped already fucking trap shit mc and here i was thinking pls dont be a boy

A lot. It proves you don't read people's post.
#CHEXIT
Jul 3, 2015 7:11 PM

Apr 2014
Imeon said:
P3TE said:

A lot. It proves you don't read people's post.
looks to me like those "a lot of ppl" are new to anime
Jul 3, 2015 8:35 PM

Jan 2008
If BBC's Sherlock series was a modern rendition inspired by the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, then this show would be the Japanese equivalent in anime form of Edogawa Ranpo's works from a past era--I suppose. I'm liking it. Seems like this will satisfy my mystery fix for the summer season.
Jul 3, 2015 9:16 PM

Dec 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Because they are children being exposed to something outside their very narrow worldview. Basically they are slightly older than a child who thinks kissing is gross.

Okay. Alright. I know you disagree with them, that does not mean you have to be so mean. Just prove your point, state your arguments, & that's it. And one more thing, be patient.
I like anime.
Jul 3, 2015 9:18 PM
Oct 2012
4kicks said:
If BBC's Sherlock series was a modern rendition inspired by the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, then this show would be the Japanese equivalent in anime form of Edogawa Ranpo's works from a past era--I suppose. I'm liking it. Seems like this will satisfy my mystery fix for the summer season.

Like your train of thought, except, not really. While Edogawa toned down his writing for this particular series (since it was aimed at children), he would have loved this interpretation. In addition to being a talented writer, Edogawa was also one of the original historians of what would be called the homosexual movement. I am not sure if he himself was homosexual, but he certainly had a great deal of sympathy towards it. So while the modern renditions of Sherlock Holmes would have blown ACD's mind, Edogawa would have been like Kimi in Kyoukai Senjou when she was being slashed: "Good good, faster, faster, push it, be rougher, take me higher".

What will be interesting in this series (if anything) is Kobayashi being broken and going beyond. It has the fascination of watching a slow moving train wreck.
Jul 3, 2015 9:27 PM
Oct 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Okay. Alright. I know you disagree with them, that does not mean you have to be so mean. Just prove your point, state your arguments, & that's it. And one more thing, be patient.

Life is pain, anyone telling you otherwise is trying to sell you something. Ah, the Princess Bride, both a brilliant movie and an even better novel.

I have no issues with people who dislike the series, as long as they state their reasons. But the people who go "ooh, gross, a trap, pueh pueh", yeah, I have to say I have no sympathy towards them.

The ironic thing is, if someone were to say: you know, I really am not into decadent expressionism, I think that it gender swapping and homosexuality is bad for civilization, I may not agree, but I would at least respect that viewpoint (and to be even more honest, I could even be convinced of that position). I can appreciate a differing opinion that has at least considered the situation before ultimately rejected it. But lets be frank (or even French), 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the complaints are reflexive, not intellectually based. That deserves no respect.

For the sake of discussion, if I were wearing my Western Civilization hat, I would have issues with this aspect of Japanese culture. But I also have a Japanese hat, and when wearing that hat, then no, I have no sympathy for people who watch Japanese animation and complain when knowing less than nothing about Japanese civilization.
Jul 3, 2015 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
Its has a danaropa (that anime about that evil bear holding children hostage) vibe to it and that is not good.
Jul 3, 2015 10:49 PM

Jun 2012
OP/ED and music is good but everything else sucks...
Jul 3, 2015 11:08 PM

Jan 2011
This...was no where near good. A few weeks like always to try and improve but this was a let down to say the least.

If I had to put what was worst...the characters are just awful. I doubt this will get better. Really nothing positive about it. Dull from the start and the dialogue did not improve at all. But with a cast like this what more can you expect.
Jul 4, 2015 3:25 AM
Jul 4, 2015 4:25 AM

Feb 2015
Vindstot said:
Kobayashi is the Nagisa of this season. Not only he's a trap, but their personality is very similar too

+1
pretty much what i had in mind when i watched it...
btw OP is amazing...
anyone else like it ?

Jul 4, 2015 5:39 AM

Nov 2014
My first impression was I hated it, I couldn't handle Kobayashi looking so much like a girl, I hate this art style, the new teacher is plain annoying, and I found that Kobayashi is VERY VERY psycho.

However, it somehow hooked me. Since I am having my winter break at the moment, I think I would complete watching it perhaps I would find interesting.
Jul 4, 2015 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
Loved the OP, seems decent, still need a bit more from it before i can dedicate my time to it.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 4, 2015 6:02 AM

Jul 2014
Nagisa 2.0
It's from the same studio who did Ansatsu, no wonder the style seems familiar.
Well his personality is kinda put me off, but I'm hooked on the mystery already, the OP song is catchy, I can't wait to see the resolution
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jul 4, 2015 6:09 AM

Sep 2013
I feel deceived. KOBAYASHI IS BOY!! wut?! And there's a disgusting shonen-ai undertone going on. Well the premise seems promising but the characters doesnt seem likeable.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 4, 2015 6:32 AM

Sep 2014
I'll stick with this cause the story seems interesting, even with the terrible characters, direction and scripting. "No matter how much medicine I take the pain doesn't go away"
NeromonJul 4, 2015 6:37 AM
Jul 4, 2015 7:05 AM

Jul 2012
Lol that detective plays SimsCity.

I really do hope for this to get better, as it is now I don't really think it is that interesting. Also, those victims remind me of Psycho-Pass so much.

OP and ED are great.
Jul 4, 2015 7:12 AM

Apr 2011
Very nice episode and. The opening and ed were awesomeness.
Jul 4, 2015 7:18 AM

Aug 2010
Boring characters with a not really interesting story.
I will wait for the next two episodes until I decide if I drop it or not...
Jul 4, 2015 8:24 AM

Aug 2013
I liked this episode, the animation was nice, and I kinda liked the opening

It reminds me of detective novels and things like that, and I am looking forward for the next episode :)
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

146 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

70 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Takuan_Soho - Jul 30, 2015

235 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

137 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

206 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.