Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 24, 2015 11:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So they went for a finale that wraps up this story..

About time they ended this whole fragments hunt. Kinda interesting to see Minato go along with Sabaru his her group. A lot of info dumping, not very well done in this way imo but hey, it does show the truth about their destiny.

Dat friendship and trust.
Jun 24, 2015 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
No OP. Last one in black hole? That guy still alive?! lol @ it's blue girl's eyes getting covered instead when seeing them kiss. He revealed that the creature = that friend of his. 6 of them working together to get the last one with the space ship.

They got it, and it's the end of their missions with the creature leaving. Wow @ that witch girl saying thank you in many languages (I can understand Chinese). Nice, blue girl told her cute reason for entering where she is. Other three are the same school as her?! That black hair girl's hair is short. It's nice to see many including the gangs, the guy, and that alien guy in boy form at the end.

I do think that this version is nice, too, though YouTube ver. (ONA) is better in story (though I don't like that the Minato guy is the enemy all the way).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 24, 2015 3:31 PM

Apr 2011
This anime was very bad, honestly...
Jun 24, 2015 4:38 PM

Feb 2013
Nyanda said:

In your opinion.
Jun 24, 2015 5:48 PM

Apr 2011
Scherezade said:
Nyanda said:

In your opinion.

No one said otherwise ;)
Jun 24, 2015 6:33 PM

May 2010
Nyanda said:

Liked the art style and animation quality but otherwise it pretty much sucked...
Jun 24, 2015 9:30 PM

Feb 2013
Nyanda said:
Scherezade said:

In your opinion.

No one said otherwise ;)

mhmm,
thought Gainax put in their 100% on this. I happen to like most of what this director does.
The only exception would be FLCL (mostly because I was 14 at the time and it all went over my head).

Mind you I haven't watched HnP's last episode yet...
ScherezadeJun 24, 2015 9:34 PM
Jun 24, 2015 9:37 PM

Apr 2013
Nyanda said:

It's cute and impressive they gave a story to something that was originally advertising the Subaru, but the pacing was a little painful, and it didn't take chances. Which is fine, it's somewhat refreshing and helps keep it from being labeled a Madoka Magica "rip-off" or "wanna-be" and thus can stand on its own two feet, but it could've done things a little differently, or at least had better pacing and characters who weren't forgettable if not boring. I dunno, guess we just expected better from Gainax than just nice-looking art and animation. Mahou Shoujo Taisen was more entertaining because it at least felt and looked like Gainax.

Show gets a gold star for trying, though. I'm leaving it a 7 for now as there were parts to it I did actually like, but I might knock it down to a 6.
Jun 25, 2015 2:21 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Subaru sure knows how to convince people; even going so far to make a bold move on Minato. That kiss cleared up any uncertainty he might've had and turned his mindset a 180°. GG for a ditsy MC with a car brand as her name.

The Black Hole issue was resolved in quite a convenient manner. It took them less than 4 minutes to obtain the last piece of fragment and fix the spaceship. I would've preferred seeing them struggle a bit more since it was their last mission.

The group gets sent back 4 billion years ago so their can choose paths respective to their wishes. I like how Minato stayed on Subaru's end like it was their destiny.

Back to the present and Aoi finally confessed her reason to Subaru for choosing the school, which she kept hidden before. Her new friend and Subaru grinning at each other was pretty funny.

Decent ending, but the series as a whole turned out quite average. However, it was indeed relaxing to watch. The character backstories were the best parts of the show. Also, the eyecatches.

Jun 25, 2015 3:00 AM

Aug 2013
That was quite a warm and heartfelt ending to this series in spite of all the minor bumps on the road during its run.

Initially, I thought it was going to end with Minato stuck with a harem of girls 4 billion years in the past. Wouldn't that have been something.

I wonder how the car manufacturer Subaru now feels about sponsoring its production now that it has concluded.
On a side note, I'm actually buying one of their vehicles soon as my first car.
Jun 25, 2015 3:07 AM

Nov 2012
hnng this ending was great. <3 8/10 from me, a shame this show is so underrated. :(
Jun 25, 2015 3:54 AM

Apr 2012
Maybe I didn't pay to much attention and so I don't get the stoy in a whole but after they brought back the mascot, they all have to live a new live? Well if they didn't do anything they would have lived maybe better lives, I don't know and I don't want to know to be honest. For me it's a bittersweet ending
Jun 25, 2015 4:04 AM

Sep 2014
So do the girls restart again but have better lives this time? Because Nanoko(Purple hair) wasn't wearing her Witch clothing which was an aspect of her back story about her being lonely because of her parent's "divorce"(story suggest it but not really announce it) and the separation of her brother. With the ending without her Witch outfit, all of the bad things in each of the other characters back story never happened.

Have you seen them? The Words cut open...
Jun 25, 2015 4:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kind of confusing with the 4 billion years part. So the girls could choose a new path based on their wishes? And Minato is in the hospital and probably will not wake up anytime soon. Bittersweet.

Not sure yet if this is a 6 or 7/10, need some time on that one.
Jun 25, 2015 6:12 AM

Apr 2014
This series was okay

Jun 25, 2015 7:04 AM

Jul 2010
I guess this series just like the universe, where some parts shines really brightly to the point of being something glamorous. While the other parts can just but far from eye-catching as it would be hard to differentiate from the darker regions of the universe.

At the very least, I am glad it is not a tragic ending. This just sort of felt fast, from combining forces to saying farewell and off to a point from the past. 7/10, their individual backstory was where this shined the most.

The Subaru and Minato moments were great in this episode.
Jun 25, 2015 8:39 AM

Jun 2013
Very nice ending to a very underrated show!
8/10 :)
Jun 25, 2015 10:03 AM

Oct 2013
6.5 for me, nice ending
Jun 25, 2015 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
I really like the ending ^^
Jun 25, 2015 10:21 AM

Mar 2012
Above Average Magical Girl Anime without Monster of the Week formula.

7/10

I gave it bonus points for SubaruXMinato kiss

it would be much better if the characters got more depth.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 25, 2015 10:41 AM

Dec 2013
well i really didn't like this series. the story was badly explained and they just threw around scientific lingo willy-nilly. the art was nice tho. 7/10

mwsmws22Jun 25, 2015 10:49 AM
Jun 25, 2015 11:07 AM

May 2013
Again, thanks to the last few episodes, it made me understand this show more (same case with Etotma). Glad that everything goes normal again.

But dat Subaru and Minato kiss, all the build-ups in their relationship is worth it and made me root for them despite the yuri undertones (thats how you do it KyoAni in Hibike! Euphonium if you dont want to go in yuri route) 7/10, thanks Gainax.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 25, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
The mehest of the meh
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 25, 2015 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
In the end, all the fragments were gathered.

The series was good.
Jun 25, 2015 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
Good ending to a good series that is vastly underrated. Glad that they finally got to kiss, even if Minato was in a coma again at the end.

7/10
Jun 25, 2015 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
What a bittersweet ending to an adorably fun anime this season! I loved the chemistry between Subaru and Minato! All the girls complemented each other and their decision at the end was wonderful! They all looked so different at the end except Subaru and Minato, but it was wonderful how the girls all got back together!

Overall I gave this an 8.5/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jun 25, 2015 2:10 PM

Oct 2012
One of the most underrated series of the last few years. A weak start and a few mediocre moments in the middle let it down a bit though, but man, what a great ending.

I really hope this isn't Gainax's last TV series, but if it does ends up being the case then they have certainly left the anime scene on a high note in my opinion.
Jun 25, 2015 3:43 PM

Apr 2014
I really loved this series, even though it got really cheesy at some points. Fucking depressing to see Minato in a coma at the end though, or actually I just felt depressed by how it ended in general, it was unsatisfying somehow. Subaru x Minato though <3. Idk why this hit me in the feels so hard like I actually cried in the end wtf, I don't usually cry THAT easily. Anyway, great show.
Jun 25, 2015 3:53 PM

Jun 2014
Sometimes the most beautiful art is something that you can't fully understand, but you'll know it when you feel it.
[8/10]
Jun 25, 2015 5:46 PM

Aug 2014
I thought this show was good. It had some pacing issues but was cleverly written, mixing all the references, theories, facts, and terminology with a simple premise with abstract story that provided a platform for fun, exciting, and heartfelt situations. The characters may not have been terrific, but they had good development, it was mostly about Subaru x Minato romance anyway. The others had their brief moment just to add to the narrative and the moral of the story. Which was the ever so common cliche friendship bonding to improve oneself, but it was sweet and nicely done.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jun 25, 2015 5:51 PM

Aug 2007
I really loved this show. I never expected it to get a big as it did with all the multiple universes and magic potentials. I really fell in love with Minato too, it was hard not to.

Surpisingly underrated show from this season, looks like people didn't give it a chance cause the first 3 episodes were a bit slow but man the final 5 episodes were so worth it in pay-off. A little depressed Subaru wasn't able to see Minato once more back in her original world though; cause she met everyone else. But she did promise to make him happy so!

I'd love an extra OVA or something.
Jun 25, 2015 6:43 PM

Oct 2012
Best anime of the season
Jun 25, 2015 7:51 PM

Jul 2014
Meh. It wasn't very interesting and I found myself to be easily distracted while watching it.
Jun 25, 2015 8:03 PM

May 2012
A pretty bittersweet ending. I wasn't really feeling much at the parting with the girls and the president, but it hit me when he said "No matter what shape I take, I'll always be your Pleiadian." It also doesn't help that the girls lost all their previous memories of each other, but at least they've crossed paths again. And it seems Subaru got what she wanted in the end, she's finally changing and growing as a person.

At least we know that she'll meet Minato down the road someday. Also...I wouldn't mind if there were an OVA of their meeting but I feel as if it'd ruin this ending, so I guess I'll hold back on that ;-;

Yeah, I'll admit that the pacing was bad and the scientific talk was a bit hard to understand if you have very little knowledge about anything they were saying, but it was a pretty good series overall.

Jun 25, 2015 9:27 PM

Aug 2008
I loved the anime, very nice art and good setting. The first episode or so I was unsure on how it'd turn out, but it quickly got better with the character focused episodes and it kept going strong thereafter.
Also, I like astrophysics and stuff, so I loved every single bit of the sciencey stuff as well.
Also, pretty good ending too. I fell it could've been a little more profound, given how they've been shaping up the story thus far, but it was executed well enough. Anyway, 8/10 for me.
Jun 26, 2015 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Finale quite touching, review the protagonists with different looks it was very strange and I was intrigued. Nothing watered down in the narrative, things went as naturally as possible. Drawings and animations of good quality. Rating 7/10.
The plot has not got a lot of emotions and it was intriguing, but the technical quality was more than adequate; the characters were funny but were poorly characterized and then have left a great sign, a shame really.
Jun 26, 2015 12:02 PM
Dec 2010
Disappointed they didn't race off into the sunset in a couple of Impreza WRS STI's.

Still don't know how I feel about this show, it was easy enough to watch on the side because the animation was good, the characters were likeable and the music was usually pretty relaxing. But at the same time, pacing, plot development and space mumbojumbo really weren't that good. 6/10 for me.
Jun 26, 2015 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
This was confusing as hell, but the Minato x Subaru was really well done.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 26, 2015 4:40 PM
Apr 2014
Ok I don't get it. Why exactly did they jump back to right before they met each other? Subaru even had Minato's jacket yet nobody remembered anything(I mean Subaru could have at least wondered about a jacket she never owned before).

Well. Except the unsatisfying end it was fine I guess. Just kinda dislike this "lose memories of what happened"-stories. Makes everything that happened up until that time kinda pointless. I mean at least give a proper explanation why they had to go back to that point when basically it was said before that they can choose ANY moment in time.
Jun 26, 2015 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
only watched this because i was curious as to why it got a full length anime but it was okay never actually had a clue what the story was about and i just stop caring near the end.

art and the Eyecatches were the best part

6/10
Jun 26, 2015 10:31 PM

Dec 2008
Minato... TT____TT
Jun 26, 2015 11:44 PM

Aug 2013
Minato & Subaru alone in the seaside=EoE.
Jun 27, 2015 3:05 AM

Sep 2007
The series as a whole was kinda average but what topped everything off is the chemistry between Subaru and Minato. Honestly man, the journey was rough seeing those two and that kiss makes my heart gets all fluffy. Subaru X Minato BEST COUPLE OF THE YEAR!

Jun 27, 2015 8:54 AM

Mar 2009
I'm not sure if I should ship Subaru x Minato or Subaru x Aoi...

Anyway, it was a good last episode. A bit more astrophysics BS (let's make 6 black holes to counter the effect of the other black hole!), but at this point, I don't really care anymore ^^

It was an interesting ending, even if I'm not very sure about what becomes Minato in this new world.

Overall, 5/10. Could be a 6. A decent anime, but character development and story were too weak in my opinion.
Jun 27, 2015 11:10 PM

Jan 2011
martelor said:
Sometimes the most beautiful art is something that you can't fully understand, but you'll know it when you feel it.
[8/10]

.....uhhhhhhh. Idk about any of that.

This show slowly deteriorated as soon as they started going into space to fetch fragments. I enjoyed it before then. It turned into a huge starry mess in the end. I wouldn't of dropped this anyway because it had some value but in the end it wasn't special or memorable.
Jun 28, 2015 1:29 AM

Mar 2014

looks like someone forgot something.....