Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 10, 2015 4:00 AM
Jun 2010
They are not going to kill all the cast guys. Even with all the changes they are following the original more or less.

You will see next episode.
Jul 10, 2015 6:00 AM

Dec 2012
I . . . I did not know an anime could be this bad in term of writing quality. Wow . . . It's staggering, really. This is a revelation for me.
I like anime.
Jul 10, 2015 6:38 AM

Feb 2014
GG. All characters will die
LOL
Jul 10, 2015 6:40 AM
Jun 2010
Phanolo said:
GG. All characters will die
No they won't. We already know how this ends as they are going to follow the story even with the unnecesary changes.
Jul 10, 2015 7:01 AM

Nov 2010
Can somebody make a list of changes from the source? I'm interested in all those changes...
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jul 10, 2015 7:16 AM
Oct 2011
Aurioch said:
Can somebody make a list of changes from the source? I'm interested in all those changes...

The story until now is totally different.
And "edge power" is an anime original thing.
Jul 10, 2015 7:18 AM

Dec 2012
YggdrasilTM said:

"The edge power" is indeed strong in this one.
I like anime.
Jul 10, 2015 7:23 AM
Jan 2013
So one death per episode? So far everything seems quite predictable. Not sure if I should keep watching it or not.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Jul 10, 2015 7:44 AM

Jun 2013
so in order to use your power you have to kill one of your friends? what's up with that?
Jul 10, 2015 7:52 AM

Jan 2015
Solid episode, I like the way this plot is advancing, Kai's death was very sad but necessary I think since the impact it made on the MC was strong.
Jul 10, 2015 8:18 AM

Jul 2007
Aurioch said:

They changed some minor details within the story but the overall outline of the plot so far remains the same.
Jul 10, 2015 8:24 AM
Oct 2011
CookingPriest said:
Aurioch said:

They changed some minor details within the story but the overall outline of the plot so far remains the same.

Except "I will not touch people because I'm scared of killing them", the sex of Gen character, the whole "I need to kill my friends to gain power", the fact that the girl killed in the first episode was supposed to be an antagonist, the fact that the country was NOT invaded at all...
Jul 10, 2015 8:30 AM

Jul 2007
YggdrasilTM said:
CookingPriest said:

Except "I will not touch people because I'm scared of killing them", the sex of Gen character, the whole "I need to kill my friends to gain power", the fact that the girl killed in the first episode was supposed to be an antagonist, the fact that the country was NOT invaded at all...

That's minor changes.
The gen's character gender change is actually a positive because it fixes an uneven gender ratio in the show adding another strong and important female character.
The Girl dying or living were both possible outcomes in the actual RPG so its still minor change
The country invasion is a minor change in overall line of things - the countries are still at standstill, it just gives more reason for the protagonist to want to resolve it all and join the team.

Don't get me wrong some changes(how the power works) make me scratch my head, but nothing so far is anything major anyway.
Jul 10, 2015 10:18 AM

Mar 2008
I wasn't expecting anything great, but to see the story animated is enough for me. Again, I'll give praise to the OP and ED.

The fighting was ok, but it felt very choppy in terms of the flow. Perhaps they may improve in that aspect, we'll see.

Someone mentioned somewhere about how Swallow uses his curse to his advantage: using the maximum effectiveness of an item in exchange for consumption of said item. Iirc, Ibuki also has a curse in which a meaningful sacrifice is needed to gain power. In terms of ability Ibuki has the greater destructive power but at a greater cost, and I'm willing to see what he decides to do with the power in the end.
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Jul 10, 2015 10:42 AM
Nov 2012
stupid!!!
seriously, killing close friend each time he need dragon power.

it is useless, he will be run out of friends quickly, and all new meeting will be used as excuse to sacrifice.

without power he won't be able to protect his friends, with power he will quickly end with no friends to protect. useless power, useless plot

the end of anime is obvious:
ibuki will meet the dragon, give him back his curse and finishing alone without friend and power.
or like akame, he will die. whatever it will finish in tragedy for ibuki
thor94Jul 10, 2015 10:54 AM
Jul 10, 2015 10:48 AM

Apr 2010
I wonder if someone is gonna get killed in every episode of this show. It's still good though.
Jul 10, 2015 10:58 AM
Nov 2012
NiaSenpai said:
I wonder if someone is gonna get killed in every episode of this show. It's still good though.

it is easy, if the killed screen at the end of episode has 12 or 13 characters, we can conclude that each episode will have its ibuki friend sacrifice.
Jul 10, 2015 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
This would be so much better if they broke the 4th wall in regards to RPG mechanics. No one stays in character 100% while playing.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 10, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2007
NiaSenpai said:

The end screen is less of "list of checkbox to tick by the end of the show" and more of "no one out of them is safe" kind of thing - they might all die or not a single character might be crossed out of it.

MagicalMeido said:

Someone mentioned somewhere about how Swallow uses his curse to his advantage: using the maximum effectiveness of an item in exchange for consumption of said item. Iirc, Ibuki also has a curse in which a meaningful sacrifice is needed to gain power. In terms of ability Ibuki has the greater destructive power but at a greater cost, and I'm willing to see what he decides to do with the power in the end.

Not to mention as this episode shows, Ibuki's curse has some very weird interpretations running on an
dragon logic.

As for fight I feel hey are saving up budget for latter parts so as to not go out all out in the start and end up with nothing left for more important stuff like ufoubw
Jul 10, 2015 12:19 PM

Aug 2014
Aurioch said:

-A lot of these two episodes were AO
-Lou's genderswap
-Ibuki killing his friends for powah
-The random kid who died this ep (well some random kid might have died, don't remember, but Ibuki didn't kill him)
-general machine spider boobs is ao
-Swallows curse changed from 100/100 to 99/100 (given the ed they may just go with a choice that lead to a "bad end" of sorts in the original) where the inevitability of it destroying what he uses was an important part of his character in the novel
+swallows hands should be black from curse, though this is a minor change
+the consumption effect looks too...tame relative to the one in the original
-Mashiro dying at all where she plays a larger role and actually has character in the novel
-nasu wrote notes detailing differences about how he addresses ibuki and eiha because character blablabla but they ignored that anyway
-There's no ongoing invasion/oppression thing in the novel

and a few other things I can't be bothered to list and are less important anyway
InsertanamehereJul 10, 2015 5:35 PM
Jul 10, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
YggdrasilTM said:
Aurioch said:

The story until now is totally different.

Oh lol. I'm considering dropping this now.
CookingPriest said:

As for fight I feel hey are saving up budget for latter parts so as to not go out all out in the start and end up with nothing left for more important stuff like ufoubw

At least they should try to make the dragon look less like a digimon?
Jul 10, 2015 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Aurioch said:

-Lou's genderswap
-The random kid who died this ep (well some random kid might have died, don't remember, but Ibuki didn't kill him)
-general spider boobs

-Swallows curse changed from 100/100 to 99/100 (given the ed they may just go with a choice that lead to a "bad end" of sorts in the original)
-Mashiro dying where she plays a larger role in the novel
-Swallows hands should be black from curse, though this is a minor change
-nooneeverlistenstonasu.jpg-wrote notes detailing differences about how he addresses ibuki and eiha but they ignored that anyway

and a few other things I can't be bothered to list and are less important anyway

Oh ok...

I think they should have followed the LN...Because the bolded parts are really facepalm-worthy.

-Swallows curse changed from 100/100 to 99/100 (given the ed they may just go with a choice that lead to a "bad end" of sorts in the original)

Plz no...
Jul 10, 2015 1:27 PM
Mar 2014
does ibuki even have his horn in this

like tbh i wouldn't have given a single fuck about the shit they did if it weren't for nasu's and narita's characters getting wasted on this
omfgplzstopJul 10, 2015 1:34 PM
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jul 10, 2015 1:42 PM

Jul 2014
ChickenFry said:
Insertanamehere said:

-Lou's genderswap
-general spider boobs

-nooneeverlistenstonasu.jpg-wrote notes detailing differences about how he addresses ibuki and eiha but they ignored that anyway

Oh ok...

I think they should have followed the LN...Because the bolded parts are really facepalm-worthy.

I agree. Sounds like the source material was much better. I'll watch one more episode but I'm so close to dropping this...
[center][/center]
Jul 10, 2015 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Aurioch said:

-Lou's genderswap
-Swallows curse changed from 100/100 to 99/100 (given the ed they may just go with a choice that lead to a "bad end" of sorts in the original) where the inevitability of it destroying what he uses was an important part of his character in the novel
-Mashiro dying at all where she plays a larger role and actually has character in the novel

wow

you cannot even call this an adaptation
Jul 10, 2015 1:49 PM
Mar 2014
only good changes are eiha's design and swallow's revolver sheath
you could argue that lou's genderswap was also acceptable but other than those literally everything was bad

its
so fucking irritating
why
Rinth said:

Jul 10, 2015 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
ChickenFry said:
Insertanamehere said:
-Lou's genderswap
-general spider boobs

Oh ok...

Agreed. Most of those "unimportant changes" are quite game changer & really make a difference. Well, it's too late now. This anime show cannot be saved.
I like anime.
Jul 10, 2015 2:44 PM

Jun 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Aurioch said:

-Lou's genderswap

I was alreasy consider dropping ths show,but all of this is more than enough for me to throw this anime in the trash bin.
Jul 10, 2015 3:20 PM

Aug 2014
YggdrasilTM said:
the fact that the country was NOT invaded at all...

Ah yeah, how'd I forget, that's also a big one. Why would the Nil Kamui cooperate if there's an ongoing invasion lol
Jul 10, 2015 3:36 PM

Jun 2014
Well that was a little better then the first episode.
Kai was a guy?
Loose interpretation of murder is interesting.
Lots of pointless excess characters so far though..
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 10, 2015 4:08 PM
Mar 2014
Insertanamehere said:
YggdrasilTM said:

Ah yeah, how'd I forget, that's also a big one. Why would the Nil Kamui cooperate if there's an ongoing invasion lol

You also forgot that the Dragon was changed from an approx. 50 meters tall beast to a digimon that's only slightly bigger than a human being.

rip
Rinth said:

Jul 10, 2015 4:26 PM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:
YggdrasilTM said:

A character actually questions it this episode tho too.

omfgplzstop said:
Insertanamehere said:

You also forgot that the Dragon was changed from an approx. 50 meters tall beast to a digimon that's only slightly bigger than a human being.

rip

That's not really a change. The one in the directional camera pan at the start of first episode looks at least the size of half the castle.
Jul 10, 2015 5:39 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

That's not really a change. The one in the directional camera pan at the start of first episode looks at least the size of half the castle.

Here is the castle. Pay attention to the tower.

Here is that tower

And our digimon on top of it

Half of the castle you say?

Maybe, if the digimon is 10 times bigger.
Jul 10, 2015 6:47 PM

Sep 2014
an okay episode. diggin nasu's character. guess the change in his character design from all the sword/sheaths to a revolver cylinder makes things more simplified and a little less "ridiculous"?..but i kind of still like all the old design..the blackened fists with the red chains and all the swords is just something i think is cool
maybe he will get them later as the anime progresses?

imma go on a limb here. The dragon has said twice now that to use his power it requires equivilant exchange. so far Ibuki has traded one life for the power to take another. sooooooo perhaps he will figure a loophole to get around this? otherwise this will just be horribly repetative and predictable.. maybe he will figure he can take an arm to get something he can make use of? of course this will make fights much more difficult for him but it's a price to pay.
Jul 10, 2015 9:19 PM

Mar 2014
At the pace this is going, all of Ibuki's friends are all going to be dead by the 5th or 6th episode lol
Also i love that OP so much. I guess I'm just a sucker for jrock songs with pianos in the beginning :D
Zanos1Jul 10, 2015 9:25 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 10, 2015 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
Man I swear that death counter at the end of every episode is gonna really hurt me. It's terrible knowing, from the START, that no matter what our MC does, he's not going to be able to save a majority of them (considering most anime with an MC that steps up to an act of heroism always ends up saving at least one).
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Jul 10, 2015 11:19 PM

Feb 2014
Damn I don't really like the concept of sacrificing one lives to gain power. Lowering my ratings to 5/10.
Jul 11, 2015 1:08 AM

Jan 2011
What was with repeating the stuff about the countries to blondie? It feels like something was skipped between episodes. Oh yeah, retarded power too, sounds like an excuse to kill off everyone.
Jul 11, 2015 4:18 AM
Feb 2011
I haven't read the source material so idk for sure, but this seems rushed as fuck. The MC is also annoying as fuck. The fights are horrible so far.
Jul 11, 2015 4:55 AM

Jan 2011
The show is a waste of good art.
But I still have hope for the story...
Jul 11, 2015 7:14 AM

Oct 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Aurioch said:

-Lou's genderswap
-nasu wrote notes detailing differences about how he addresses ibuki and eiha because character blablabla but they ignored that anyway

That's alot of changes, actually....
*sigh*
Why do some studios like to go AO so much...
Jul 11, 2015 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
The reason why i still watch this because it art & animation.

I leave the story behind it.
Jul 11, 2015 10:14 AM
Mar 2014
AlexGK said:
The show is a waste of good art.
But I still have hope for the story...

It's a waste of so many other things lmfao
Rinth said:

Jul 11, 2015 10:32 AM
Jan 2014
This anime is pretty fuked up. I don't know why i keep anticipating what will happen on the next episode tho.
Jul 11, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2012
Shrimperor said:
Insertanamehere said:

-Lou's genderswap

That's alot of changes, actually....
*sigh*
Why do some studios like to go AO so much...

Damn that many changes, oh well at least this show is giving me cool character designs
Jul 11, 2015 12:20 PM

Dec 2013
I'm at a loss for words. I thought the show was heading in a decent direction, but after reading all the comments, I realized that it wasn't even suppose to head in said direction at all.

The one death per episode situation is Akuma to Riddle worthy, and whilst some have mentioned that it won't be an entirely consistent recurring theme, I would assume that our MC isn't smart or vengeful enough to see the glaring loophole in regards to "people he has bonded with". The saying "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" comes flying into the front of my mind here.

That said, considering how the first two episodes have already been laced with AO material, I"m still curious as to how things will pan out.

Will keep watching for now. Still interested in what this setting brings.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 11, 2015 2:01 PM

Mar 2013
They dont do a very good job at getting you invested in whatever sort of conflict is going on in this world and I cant say the characters are all that interesting either so far this show doesnt have much going for it
Jul 11, 2015 2:05 PM

May 2014
Better than before but still a shitty series for now.
So why's he searching for the Red Dragon? It's gone berserk or sth? In that case how come that guy can communicate with him? Wtf.
And wtf one soul for one life? It makes sense but damn that's hard, so everyone who uses a dragon's power has a curse on him/her or sth?
Jul 11, 2015 4:17 PM
Jun 2014
I'm sure in the next episode there are a character who will die O.O
And I love the op and the ed ! <3
Jul 12, 2015 3:11 AM

Jun 2013
That X on each dead character is the holy sh*t right there. Anyway, it is awesome. Awesome I mean happy sacrificing
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

108 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 5, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

287 by Kowareta99 »»
May 9, 2020 3:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

39 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

58 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 11:23 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

40 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.