Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 18, 2015 4:29 AM

Mar 2012
This side story is a joke.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jun 18, 2015 4:34 AM

Aug 2013
Based Dadruto prevented Salad to become another Uchiha edgelord.
Jun 18, 2015 4:54 AM
Oct 2013
KingAce261 said:
After reading and watching Fairy Tail so much you don't know how pissed I was when Sarada started talking about how only blood ties matter. Naruto matured and did very well talking it into her that blood ties don't matter but Natsu would have beat it into her just like he did Laxus.

It´s a 10 year old kid? So instead of sitting down with a kid and have a heart to heart you rather beat it up cause the kid behaves like a kid?

The Fairy Tail reference let´s me assume that you can´t be much older then Sarada.
IsterioJun 18, 2015 5:09 AM
Jun 18, 2015 5:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Isterio said:
j0x said:
the calm before the storm, there just too many flashbacks of Naruto in this chapter
Giving the meaning of the headpoke in symbolic nature it is, it was a secret gestrure from the person he loved and admired the most in his life who loved him in return the most.

For Itach, Sasuke>everything. Sasuke pokes Sakura the same way implying that for Sasuke>Sakura everything. It´s symbolic and actually quite simple to decipher.
Naruto didn´t get a headpoke although he´s his oher brother, as much as Yaoi´s haters and jokers make gay references, at the end both of them found women that became the centers of their life.

Again Naruto is the light he protects his family/ the village from the inside. Sasuke is the darkness and protects the village from the underground from whatever the fuck is beyond Kaguya, not even his daughter has to know about this because they wanna protect the new generation from shit like Kaguya and in typical secret conspiracy stories it backfires cause someone feels neglected for not being inducted.
Nicely put man, I completely agree with you here
Jun 18, 2015 5:12 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
I don't understand why Sakura just stod there, waiting for him to finish talking. Why she could just beat the crap out of him.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jun 18, 2015 5:34 AM

Dec 2012
Jicetus said:
I don't understand why Sakura just stod there, waiting for him to finish talking. Why she could just beat the crap out of him.

https://i.imgur.com/YU0wWh2.jpg
Jun 18, 2015 5:38 AM
Sep 2012
Sarada was about to follow in her father's footsteps before Naruto stopped her.

Not much happened here as far as action, but in terms of character it was a beautiful chapter. Seeing the Sarada flashback was nice, seeing the flick on the four head it brings back memories, so nostalgic.

And perhaps Sakura is more of a bad ass than we give her credit form, at least Sasuke thinks so.
Jun 18, 2015 5:50 AM
Oct 2013
Tokoya said:

Nicely put man, I completely agree with you here

It´s actually basic logic you have to apply to understand the decisions the older characters make towards Sarada.
Sasuke started as an Avenger. Following Itachi´s will even becoming a possible candidate for Hokage. Protecting his friends, trying to sacrifice his life for them.

Then he developes his "own character" and becomes evil continueing as an avenger but this time he tries to kill the "good guys", including her mom Hokage and basicly everyone she grew up with.
Then he takes another turn for the good because his best friend overpowers him and he realizes that maybe it´s worth it to fight for his "bros" dream instead of pursuing his own wicked one, following Itachi´s will yet again.

If she was to ask why her Dad wanted to do all this the answer would be because her uncle killed her grandparents and everyone related to her, showing images of that murder over 72 consecutive hours to her Dad while he was her age.
How do you explain all that shit to a 10 year old and expect it to understand?

Oh well Sarada, that all happened on command of the former Hokage and his advisors, to save the village from your Grandparents!
Did I miss something oh yeah there are several generation spanning feuds who can all be tracked down by the equivalent of the god and satan of this universe your father and uncle Hokage sealed up together to save the world.

If you were to summ up Naruto´s story to someone who never heard about it but would get interested in a story about Ninja his brain would explode, by the sheer amount of turns and twists.
IsterioJun 18, 2015 6:07 AM
Jun 18, 2015 5:54 AM

Mar 2014
Kinda meh chapter, but due respect for all the nostalgia I guess. Also

Jun 18, 2015 6:41 AM

Jan 2015
Naruto saving the day again with his TnJ. When is Sasuke gonna start acting like a real dad and have a talk with his daughter.. Props to Sarada tho for being able to calm down even tho with the help of Naruto.

Yeah and btw seeing Sakura do the itachi thing was cute.
Jun 18, 2015 6:46 AM

May 2010
Chou-chou had like two lines in this chapter.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 18, 2015 7:36 AM

Jun 2014
those annoying little brats
Jun 18, 2015 7:44 AM

Oct 2011
Raven-kun said:

Better than One Piece that is for sure. Give me the Gaidan over One Piece any day of the week.
Jun 18, 2015 7:46 AM

Jun 2013
The Sakura & Sarada moment was cute.
Jun 18, 2015 8:31 AM
Oct 2012
I am calling BS. I can handle plot gaps, impossible situations, unlikely explanations, mythical constructions that contradict itself, deus ex spatial transportation, heroes powering up and down to fit the story, forgiving a child killer, characters staying in love with someone who tried to kill them, friends remaining friends despite never having a real friendship, all of this I can and will suspend my disbelief over.

But an emotional teenager listening to an adult (particularly when she has good reason to think him a liar)? Let me make it clear: Never Going To Happen.

:-)
Jun 18, 2015 8:32 AM

Apr 2011
Nice chapter.
Can't wait for the next one!

Jun 18, 2015 8:36 AM

Oct 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
I am calling BS. I can handle plot gaps, impossible situations, unlikely explanations, mythical constructions that contradict itself, deus ex spatial transportation, heroes powering up and down to fit the story, forgiving a child killer, characters staying in love with someone who tried to kill them, friends remaining friends despite never having a real friendship, all of this I can and will suspend my disbelief over.

But an emotional teenager listening to an adult (particularly when she has good reason to think him a liar)? Let me make it clear: Never Going To Happen.

You forgot that Naruto has the most powerful jutsu in the entire manga: talk no jutsu. Remmeber Zabuza, Gaara, Nagato, Obito and Sasuke? All taken down by talk no jutsu.
Jun 18, 2015 9:03 AM

May 2013
Gov said:
Takuan_Soho said:

You forgot that Naruto has the most powerful jutsu in the entire manga: talk no jutsu. Remmeber Zabuza, Gaara, Nagato, Obito and Sasuke? All taken down by talk no jutsu.

Er... Stop with that Talk no Jutsu. All of you.
I can understand how you guys were pissed off when Naruto used that TnJ with those Big Bosses.

BUT. Here.

Sarada is a kid.

She. Is. An. Innocent. Kid.

Not a goddamn villain, just a kid.
Jun 18, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2013
Damn Sarada is cute...when she was Young and even now..

and Naruto Really has grown up...seeing him serious and All Adult makes me smile so Proudly
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 18, 2015 9:23 AM

Jun 2013
Gov said:
Raven-kun said:

Better than One Piece that is for sure. Give me the Gaidan over One Piece any day of the week.

Kudabare teme
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 18, 2015 9:29 AM

Aug 2014
Sarada : I'm leaving Konoha.
Me : Not this shit again!

Luckily Naruto was able to talk-no-justu her out of it...and it only took a single chapter, very nice Naruto.

Sakura shouldn't be allowed to do the forehead-flick thing, it's a disgrace to my man Itachi.
Jun 18, 2015 9:54 AM

Jul 2012
Ok so it seems that Sasuke was there when Sarada was younger.
Jun 18, 2015 10:01 AM
Oct 2012
With Sarada accepting that Sakura can be her mother without being her blood mother, does this mean that Karin really is the mother, or that Sarada is a clone? Would really lessen the point of the story if everything is happily resolved and Sakura is her genetic mother.
Jun 18, 2015 10:09 AM
Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
With Sarada accepting that Sakura can be her mother without being her blood mother, does this mean that Karin really is the mother, or that Sarada is a clone? Would really lessen the point of the story if everything is happily resolved and Sakura is her genetic mother.

It kinda would, but the point is still made. Sarada choose nonetheless to acknowledge her mother no matter what. Kishi could troll the fandom into oblivion by simply not giving an answer. Making Sarada claim that she doesnt care anymore.

In my opinion the best solution would be to make Sakura infertile, to get the argument across. But that´s highly unlikely given the fact that this is a Shounen manga.
IsterioJun 18, 2015 10:57 AM
Jun 18, 2015 10:14 AM

Jun 2014
Isterio said:
Takuan_Soho said:

It kinda would, but the point is still made. Sarada choose nonetheless to acknowledge her mother no matter what. Kishi could troll the fandom into oblivion by simply not giving an answer. Making Sarada claim that she doesnt careanymore.

In my opinion the best solution would be to make Sakura infertile, to get the argument across. But that´s highly unlikely given the fact that this is a Shounen manga.

Perfect ending.
Jun 18, 2015 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
Gov said:
Raven-kun said:

hahahah xDDD
you can't be serious
Jun 18, 2015 10:34 AM
Oct 2012
Isterio said:
In my opinion the best solution would be to make Sakura infertile, to get the argument across..

Even better, Sasuke's DNA was unstable due to his porting around, and they had to use Karin to make it work (why her DNA is there), and Sakura has to continually put energy into Sarada to keep her DNA stabilized but something with Shin will fix that problem (which may have something to do with Shin and the scar she has in one of those movie posters and why Sasuke stayed away for so long).

That would be, I think the most satisfying ending, the "it doesn't matter" would mean that the writer thinks that of his story.

A question, I admit that I stopped reading somewhere in the low 400s, but when in the first or second chapters of this arc they said that Sakura suffered from chronic weakness, was that from the series, or was that something new? I had thought it new, hence my idea about Sakura needing to supply energy, but if not it wouldn't change my idea that much.
Jun 18, 2015 10:35 AM

Oct 2011
DlynK said:
Gov said:

I can understand how you guys were pissed off when Naruto used that TnJ with those Big Bosses.

BUT. Here.

Sarada is a kid.

She was going to be a villain and Naruto prevented that. Naruto convinced her that bonds are stronger than blood relation and thus stopped an Uchiha from potentially causing havoc in the future. Sounds like talk no jutsu to me.

shonenking said:
Gov said:

hahahah xDDD
you can't be serious

Serious man. One Piece has been dragging this arc for eons and the fight as a whole has been pretty shit. Glad it is over and we can move on to better things.
Jun 18, 2015 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
Gov said:

She was going to be a villain and Naruto prevented that. Naruto convinced her that bonds are stronger than blood relation and thus stopped an Uchiha from potentially causing havoc in the future. Sounds like talk no jutsu to me.

Why do people like you exist..
Jun 18, 2015 10:53 AM

Oct 2011
tsudecimo said:
Gov said:

To live a successful life and make people like so angry they have to type such nonsense like this. By all means respond to this post but I won't reply. You got the attention you wanted from me for the day and thats all you are getting.
Jun 18, 2015 10:55 AM

Dec 2012
Not even a modicum of sense..
Jun 18, 2015 11:04 AM
Oct 2013
To be honest, the way this whole story unfolds it looks to me that Kishi just wanted a reason for Sasuke to stay away from home and get Sarada to awaken her Sharingan.

I don´t think the whole family drama was initially planned, he simply went with it after people kept comparing Sarada to Karin.

The story had 3 unasnwered questions left after chapter 700. Where is Orochimaru?
Where is Taka,What did Sasuke find out during his road to redemption.

Two got answered and the 3rd seems to be saved for the Movie, everything else is solely bonus. Some may like it some may not. I find it intriguing but it becomes stale after 8 chapters especially when we have more interesting things to know.
Jun 18, 2015 11:22 AM

Mar 2015
Anyone else noticed that before Sarada got sick, she did not have glasses? Then after that sick she got glasses? Somehow this made me more believe that Sarada was given some of Karin's DNA for her to survive.

Jun 18, 2015 11:29 AM

Feb 2011
Naruto and Sarada's flashback just made everything a lot better :) <3
Jun 18, 2015 12:24 PM

May 2013
This was a very great chapter, I absolutely loved it. I loved the deeper meaning: family blood ties aren't the only important ties. Beautiful chapter, I enjoyed Naruto lecturing Sarada, he's really grown up and matured. I also enjoyed seeing his flashbacks and her flashbacks with Sakura. Sakura is a good mom, loved the return of the head flick which in itself has a deeper meaning: representing whom you love the most. It's a great homage to Itachi and even to Sasuke when he did it to Sakura. I don't know why but it makes me happy to hear Sasuke and Sakura refer to eachother as husband and wife, I don't know why I was never SasuSaku before lol I used to be NaruSaku but it has a nice feel to it lol. Great chapter, we got progression towards the end, I can't wait for next weeks. Really feel good chapter.

Jun 18, 2015 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
Sakura using Itachi's head flick just pisses me off :(

So this end in 2 more chapters? :(
Guess this whole thing is a setup for the anime to takeover.
Jun 18, 2015 2:06 PM

May 2009
tsudecimo said:
Gov said:

He's right you know. He and Tobirama too.
Jun 18, 2015 4:29 PM

May 2010
I lold at Sarada's "pff I don't care anymore, I'm leaving Konoha ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ", good thing Naruto convinced her and it didn't take billion of chapters to do that. It was absolutely lovely to see how Naruto matured over the years!

Actually this short story is really sweet, I'd love to read more of it. It's ten times better than a few last volumes of original, bullshit story anyway. I'm pleasently surprised, expected only some boring milking of the series.
Jun 18, 2015 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
The flashback disease strikes again!

Jun 18, 2015 6:24 PM

May 2015
Isterio said:
KingAce261 said:
After reading and watching Fairy Tail so much you don't know how pissed I was when Sarada started talking about how only blood ties matter. Naruto matured and did very well talking it into her that blood ties don't matter but Natsu would have beat it into her just like he did Laxus.

It&acute;s a 10 year old kid? So instead of sitting down with a kid and have a heart to heart you rather beat it up cause the kid behaves like a kid?

The Fairy Tail reference let&acute;s me assume that you can&acute;t be much older then Sarada.

I said Natsu would beat it into her just saying that Naruto is more mature and has TnJ unlike Natsu jeez and BTW she is not a kid she is a teen which and so is Natsu (well without the stuff like the fact he is END, well let's just say he thinks he is about her age) anyway I was just saying some as I motioned immature and quick to anger as Natsu after hearing Sarada unlike Naruto would beat it into her not saying I would I mean I would be kinda pissed but nit that much and also with Natsu he is even more so knows Blood ties don't matter than Naruto because there is not only the guild but also his Father Igneel who definetly is not he blood father. Anyway I was bassicalyy just reminded of Natsu Vs. Laxus during the Battle of Fairy Tail arc (sorry if name is wrong it's been a while) and was just saying how our immature young quick to anger Natsu would Handle to how Naruto handled it.
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Jun 18, 2015 6:29 PM

May 2015
DlynK said:
Gov said:

BUT. Here.

Sarada is a kid.

I don't know all about TnJ cuz I am not totally up with the main series but I try to at least keep up with the he character bios and powers and thought TnJ works on anyone thinking evil and terrible thoughts/feelings that might even turn them evil. Like Sarada who was not even going to save the person that raised her and could die just because she found out she was not her blood mother which, I am pretty sur she never said so technically she never lied as well, I am pretty sure the way Sarada was combined with her being a teenager meant TnJ would work on her
I am the King, address me as anything less and face the wrath of The Emperor Supreme King
Jun 18, 2015 7:23 PM

Jun 2014
Lol at little Sarada's dirty mind. I also liked how Sakura did the Itachi forehead tap. Sarada will never know how awesome her uncle was
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 18, 2015 8:54 PM

Sep 2011
Sasuke was pretty badass not gonna lie.
Jun 18, 2015 10:04 PM

Jun 2014
Isterio said:

The story had 3 unasnwered questions left after chapter 700. Where is Orochimaru?
Where is Taka,What did Sasuke find out during his road to redemption.

Two got answered and the 3rd seems to be saved for the Movie, everything else is solely bonus. Some may like it some may not. I find it intriguing but it becomes stale after 8 chapters especially when we have more interesting things to know.

The greatest of all questions is: How does Kakashi look like underneath his mask.
Jun 18, 2015 10:21 PM

Mar 2012
Man this side story could of been so much better...
Jun 19, 2015 12:28 AM

Jun 2015
Perhaps I'm over thinking things, but I noticed that in that Sakura/Sarada flashback, Kishi showed us Sarada with no glasses, then she gets sick, and BOOM she gets glasses .. I'm pretty positive Kishi didn't do this on accident, and perhaps its a hint onto Karin's DNA relationship match with Sarada, as she was the only way she could get better ??
I tried to be normal once, and it was boring.
- Juuzou Suzuya
Jun 19, 2015 12:30 AM

May 2012
Raven-kun said:

Yep it's been pretty awful so far and not a single reason to give a shit about Boruto so far. I think the movie is going to be a flop...
Jun 19, 2015 12:59 AM

Oct 2011
k11chi said:
Raven-kun said:

Yep it's been pretty awful so far and not a single reason to give a shit about Boruto so far. I think the movie is going to be a flop...

Compared to One Piece the side story blows it out of the water.
Jun 19, 2015 2:18 AM

May 2015
wife's angry punch, i know dat
Jun 19, 2015 2:27 AM

Dec 2012
k11chi said:
Raven-kun said:

The side story is about Sarada, not Boruto. The movie as it's name suggests will be about Brouto.

Lol, jeez., he barely had any screen time, of course there is not a reason to care about him yet.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2015

201 by tcandy19 »»
Jan 10, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nuvi - Apr 22, 2015

307 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Road to "B" Chapter 1 Discussion

AllenVonStein - Aug 30, 2015

4 by Fallazar »»
Aug 20, 2021 5:01 PM

» It's really sad that most people hate Sakura...

Kleferi - Jul 6, 2015

35 by AbiSa »»
Mar 29, 2021 11:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2015

119 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 3, 2019 11:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.