Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2015 2:45 PM

Mar 2013
Why does this show look like ass every other episode, even Attack on Titan at it's worst was nowhere near this bad for this many episodes; and at least that had some parts that were well animated, whereas this shit is average at best.

dafuq are they even doing
Jun 6, 2015 2:49 PM

Dec 2013
fst said:
Why does this show look like ass every other episode, even Attack on Titan at it's worst was nowhere near this bad for this many episodes; and at least that had some parts that were well animated, whereas this shit is average at best.

It seems like WIT can't animate properly. I've somewhere overheard that I.G. was in charge of AoT's animation so it might answer your question.
Jun 6, 2015 2:50 PM

Jun 2009
fst said:

Who knows, but they are really making it difficult to make it to the end of this season without dropping it, at least it is only two more episode ¯|_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 6, 2015 2:51 PM

Mar 2013
robis798 said:
fst said:

It seems like WIT can't animate properly. I've somewhere overheard that I.G. was in charge of AoT's animation so it might answer your question.

Bullshit, they did great animation on Rolling Girls

It's just this show that looks like total ass. I bet this is what that purun purun tengoku shit looked like.
Jun 6, 2015 2:52 PM

Jun 2014
oh fuck. I thought they were going to lock swords then realize who each other was. But no, You actually stabbed Mika before realizing.
Jun 6, 2015 2:53 PM

Aug 2014
Holy Shit.
That ep was amazing.
That ending was awesome. Guess they both realized who the other is.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jun 6, 2015 2:54 PM

Dec 2013
fst said:
robis798 said:

Bullshit, they did great animation on Rolling Girls

It's just this show that looks like total ass. I bet this is what that purun purun tengoku shit looked like.

You forgot to say that the show overall is ass. Not just animation.
Jun 6, 2015 3:01 PM

Nov 2014
Rip Guren

Jun 6, 2015 3:02 PM

Aug 2014
The animation was indeed terrible. They could've done a better job. But it wasn't as terrible as they did with TG Season 2 if any of you watched it.
The execution of the ep wasn't that bad. It didn't feel too short or rushed. The first few eps after the first weren't really that good, but it's deff picking up a lot now. This ep was pretty good overall. The only fault was the animation imo.

ExTamplier said:
Rip Guren

Pshh doubt he's dying

Xway101 ~By me~
Jun 6, 2015 3:11 PM

Apr 2014
Xway101 said:
The animation was indeed terrible. They could've done a better job. But it wasn't as terrible as they did with TG Season 2 if any of you watched it.

Lol no. If you compare TG season 2's episode 4 (which was the shittiest episode in the season) you'd notice both the art quality and animation were better than this episode. There were no stills used in it and the characters were actually moving. If anything this episode's animation was on par with some of the filler episode of Fairy Tail.
Jun 6, 2015 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:
Xway101 said:

Lol no. If you compare TG season 2's episode 4 (which was the shittiest episode in the season) you'd notice both the art quality and animation was better than this episode. There were no stills used in it and the characters were actually moving. If anything this episode's animation was on par with some of the filler episode of Fairy Tail.

Even if they weren't still, it still felt pretty bad. The action scenes felt horrible to me. It felt like really slow and it felt like they were fighting but on the verge of falling asleep.
I do agree with you that this ep's animation was on par with FT's filler eps. It was definitely bad.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jun 6, 2015 3:24 PM

Nov 2009
Those stills killed the action scenes. And Gurren's possible death made me go spoil myself, but I'm glad I did;D
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 6, 2015 3:30 PM

Nov 2014
Holy shit, that cliffhanger... Caught me off guard
Hi there
Jun 6, 2015 3:35 PM

Apr 2007
What a great ending! I thought the whole Guren vs Mika would have that typical "character saves him at the last minute" thing, but Guren actually got stabbed woot. And of course Mika and Yuu's reunion, so perfect ;~; The rest was ok.

This show has so many problems, but besides the school episodes I still enjoy it a lot. Mysterious
Jun 6, 2015 3:35 PM
Sep 2014
Bad action but nice close up animation. The rest was kind of shitty. The only scene that's exempt is the last one (like the last 2 minutes).
Boooooring. There's only 2 episodes left so I might as well finish it, but yeah.

Jun 6, 2015 3:44 PM

Jun 2013
My thoughts on the last 2 minutes of the episode?
Jun 6, 2015 3:51 PM

Oct 2013
Guren should've just taken those 2 pills, I doubt he's dead though, great episode.

Jun 6, 2015 3:56 PM

Sep 2014
-Ziro said:
Guren should've just taken those 2 pills, I doubt he's dead though, great episode.

He would've died tho.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 6, 2015 4:09 PM

Jun 2009
mira-nyan said:
-Ziro said:

He would've died tho.

"Even with two pills, you'll receive severe damage and could die of shock"

So no, he is part of main cast, hence luck is on his side, probably same reason why he survive the wound.
Jun 6, 2015 4:12 PM

Sep 2014
mrdkreka said:
mira-nyan said:

He would've died tho.

"Even with two pills, you'll receive severe damage and could die of shock"

So no, he is part of main cast, hence luck is on his side, probably same reason why he survive the wound.

No, that's because demon weapons heal their users.

And he was legit gonna die if he took it. Dying of shock from TAKING it is one thing. Fighting an extraordinary as well is another,
Jun 6, 2015 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
mira-nyan said:
-Ziro said:

He would've died tho.

Yeah I know, and that's why I doubt he's dead. Just wanted to see him going all out but I guess that can wait hehe.

Jun 6, 2015 4:34 PM

Sep 2014
-Ziro said:
mira-nyan said:

He would've died tho.

Yeah I know, and that's why I doubt he's dead. Just wanted to see him going all out but I guess that can wait hehe.

He knows that Mika and Yuu are related. He probably didn't go all out because of that.
Jun 6, 2015 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
Mika and Yuu finally reunite.
Jun 6, 2015 4:43 PM

Nov 2011
I thought Guren was suppose to be like best of the best or something.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 6, 2015 4:59 PM

Sep 2014
Zee530 said:

He is, but he might not have wanted to kill Mika because
1) Spoilah
2) Mika's related to Yu, and Guren is kinda like a father figure to him.

Or he legit lost against him. Still, he was flung away by a vampire noble. He'd obviously slow down.
Jun 6, 2015 5:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Still don't like how weak the average Vampires are; one slash and they're gone. It doesn't really make for some good actions. Only when the Noble rank Vampires step in, it gets interesting. That's why the first half was bland. Yuu's cheesy feelings for the new family didn't make it any better.

Well sh!t, Mika is just as arrogant as Yuu, which I'm not sure fits their character well. Sure, they're both strong enough to act that way, but somehow I'm not so fond of this type of MCs. Perhaps, it's just a temporary feeling and my opinion will change over time.

Of course Guren isn't dead. This guy has quite the plot armor attached to him so I doubt he'd die this soon, unless this take an AO route.

Average episode. Looks like Yuu will turn into Ghoul next week. That Kagune of his looks pretty strong too.

Jun 6, 2015 5:59 PM

May 2010
IN before gay moment next week.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 6, 2015 6:16 PM

Aug 2014
Owari no Ghoul next episode

Jun 6, 2015 6:30 PM

Sep 2014
ohgahd theer is so much wrong with this episode. Pls dont ruin this anime.
And I guess no one will really die. Look at season 2 cover..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 6, 2015 6:44 PM

Sep 2014
This adaptation is meh at best, they aren't doing the fights justice, and i feel like the anime original scenes are unnecessary, oh well.
Jun 6, 2015 7:05 PM

Oct 2011
Yu Stabbed Mikaela OMG T_______T
Jun 6, 2015 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
Stills all day~, episode was pretty boring up till that damn cliffhanger was expecting it to be the final of the first half.
Jun 6, 2015 7:26 PM

Feb 2012
Is it just me that I was ecstatic that Guren got stabbed by Mika? lol

Excited for the reunion in next week's episode.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 6, 2015 8:01 PM
Oct 2014
This episode was great, I love this anime.

Jun 6, 2015 8:08 PM
Oct 2014
Zee530 said:
imo He is strong because I believe nobles are the vampires who turn straight from the progentors thus being stronger than average vampires, if you remember the noble from the other episode who easily took on everyone, guren took on mika by himself thus making him pretty strong.
Jun 6, 2015 8:14 PM

Jul 2009
SchwingBoner said:

Oh no! I was dreading this! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I second that table flip! Damnit i hate it when friends/family/lovers fight T-T

On another note why the hell is Mika actually siding with the vampires? He hates them and doesn't even drink human blood.
Jun 6, 2015 8:16 PM

Aug 2013
HOLY SHIT! That ending was crazy! What a reunion! Can't wait until next Saturday!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Jun 6, 2015 8:24 PM

Apr 2013
Tssk I had high expectations for this episode, and yet, they ruined it with the slow pace in the first half and horrible fight scene between Gurren squad vs vampires. Like seriously, no OST during that scene, and animation looked like crap.

Only good part was Mika vs Guren squad and the ending, and the art was nice in some parts.

Sigh, WIT I am disappointed. Why you no give us the quality of SnK?
Jun 6, 2015 8:25 PM

Aug 2013
The Guren v Mika fight was decent. Nothing else was really relevant. The anime original stuff was kind of pointless too.

That fucking ending though. Manga readers...it's finally going down next ep.
TyrelJun 7, 2015 9:19 AM
Jun 6, 2015 8:35 PM

Jul 2012
mira-nyan said:
The_Deceiver said:

Please don't compare Ken with that generic shit.

Ooh, it's happening already :D

I'd say he looks more like the characters from Naruto. Like when Hidan almost died, or Sasuke Mangekyo near dead state, Madara, Obito. Especially with his black hair reminds me of young Obito.
よろしく!
Jun 6, 2015 8:42 PM

Nov 2011
OMG Kaneki gonna go half-kakuja next episode.

Jun 6, 2015 8:46 PM

Jul 2011
Ohhh. Childhood friends pitted against each other? That I'd like to see more of.

I hope the meh animation this episode is because they're saving it for some epic battle in the last two.

Wow that freakin preview. =___=
Jun 6, 2015 8:58 PM
Oct 2014
Love the fact its episode 10 and the haters are still watching
Jun 6, 2015 9:07 PM

Sep 2013
HOLY CRAP, GUYS! DID YOU SEE THE ANIMATION IN THOSE STILL FRAMES?!?! Such 10/10. Why do I still watch this garbage? Even Shinoa's scythe is losing its luster with this pitiful animation. Probably one of the worst things though is the vampire power levels. Last episode 3 vampires is too much for the squad to handle, this episode 10 vampires is a cake-walk and next episode we're back to them getting beaten by 1 vampire. I mean, I get it, nobles are more powerful even without 1st-rate weapons, but come the fuck on. Decide on a power level for average vampire and stick with it!

I really hope this isn't the quality we can expect when AoT season 2 comes out.
Jun 6, 2015 9:15 PM

Jun 2014
Oh joy! Fillers! Not to mention ridiculously sentimental ones during a part of the series that's supposed to be really intense! That is EXACTLY what this adaptation needed!

Seriously though, I don't get what the deal is here. Animation is already pretty terrible and then on top of that they have to add in pointless scenes that make the good parts less anticipated and interesting. Just...why?

Pretty disappointed because this whole arc was pretty awesome in the manga, they're really not doing this series justice...
KageNoAbisuJun 6, 2015 9:19 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2015 9:29 PM

Aug 2012
That cliffhanger though
Jun 6, 2015 9:30 PM

Aug 2012
Old_Raven said:
HOLY CRAP, GUYS! DID YOU SEE THE ANIMATION IN THOSE STILL FRAMES?!?! Such 10/10. Why do I still watch this garbage? Even Shinoa's scythe is losing its luster with this pitiful animation. Probably one of the worst things though is the vampire power levels. Last episode 3 vampires is too much for the squad to handle, this episode 10 vampires is a cake-walk and next episode we're back to them getting beaten by 1 vampire. I mean, I get it, nobles are more powerful even without 1st-rate weapons, but come the fuck on. Decide on a power level for average vampire and stick with it!

I really hope this isn't the quality we can expect when AoT season 2 comes out.

AoT season 2 will have the quality animation of No regrets part 2 or better.
Jun 6, 2015 9:33 PM

Sep 2014
Finally, something's happening. That ending was crazy. It could have looked a little more believable, but it was still cool. I don't know what the fuck is going to happen at this point, it looks like some pretty crazy stuff is going to happen in the next episode.
Jun 6, 2015 9:47 PM

Jul 2011
The fight scenes in this anime have the same problem as Tokyo Ghoul's second season, they're so stiff, slow and frustrating to watch because it's supposed to be this huge battle between humans and vampires that are top of the leagues. But nope, we get stills and occasionally jerky movements of them jumping back all the goddamn time.

And of course the only good part is the cliffhanger. It's like an anime that's trying to be good but can't, and it's painful to witness.
Jun 6, 2015 9:52 PM

Jul 2008
Hair flowing freely in the wind - The animation.

Seriously I don't know who is directing that show but the animation budget is being wasted in triviality when it could be used to make the fights more interesting.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.