Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 29, 2015 7:09 AM

Sep 2013
worldeditor11 said:
Robokiller87 said:

I'm not blaming MAL, I'm blaming trolls. The trolls are always to blame. Never are they not.

This is exactly why I am staying neutral though.

We've got the reasons to remove him because of the trolls, because of people being upset by him, because of the trolls having their win over those people they upset.

Then we have the completely logical route of yes he has relevancy to the site. In very few manga, he is relevant. He has more overall documentation in the few manga he is in because he actually lived than most actually well written characters in manga when he did little to nothing in the manga himself, maybe.

Just because a few students in your class talk while you are teaching doesn't mean you have to punish all the students present in the class at that time. If you want to weed out the bad apples, then please, be my guest but don't involve everyone into your crusade.

Wouldn't that be the only proper course of action?

Such a task though, in MAL, is not the size of a class room or even that of an auditorium lecture. To weed out all the bad apples is literally impossible with this site.

Gonna reverberate my previous statement: Again, don't see Hitler being removed at all.
May 29, 2015 7:10 AM

Jan 2015
Robokiller87 said:
Remv_quevav said:
I just stated b4 that I condemn his unworthy acts, right?
I just admire him on his works and ideals but not on his acts
if that's the case then may I request a removal of priests in anime that are portrayed badly for the purpose of destroying of the image of the catholic church? coz I just wanna do that thing but its impossible

You did, but that doesn't sound like the correct reason to have him in your favorites based on his relevancy for the site.
w8 for a minute......
this is an anime and manga website
Mein Kampf was his work
there was a manga adaptation in his work
so technically, he had a relevant work to the manga
and if ur talking about relevancy, should I remove Natsume Takashi on my favorite characters too? coz it seems he is not relevant to this site koz characters like Kirito are more relevant here
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
May 29, 2015 7:12 AM

Sep 2013
Remv_quevav said:
Robokiller87 said:

You did, but that doesn't sound like the correct reason to have him in your favorites based on his relevancy for the site.
w8 for a minute......
this is an anime and manga website
Mein Kampf was his work
there was a manga adaptation in his work
so technically, he had a relevant work to the manga
and if ur talking about relevancy, should I remove Natsume Takashi on my favorite characters too? coz it seems he is not relevant to this site koz characters like Kirito are more relevant here

You never did specify you had him as a favorite for his manga adaption, only for Mein Kampf. His adaption was not directly his work, but someone else's. Just sayin'

If that's the case then keep him in all you want. I'll end the interrogation :^)

chinesecartoonz said:
omg who tf cares if a few trolls have them in their faves? does that hurt your lil baby feelings too? really you are making a big deal over a dude you dont like being in a db, it's not that big of a deal, there are so many more things that this site needs or doesnt need and you instead will focus on something as insignifigant as this?

your self-centered and illogical reasoning offends me maybe you should be removed from mal too

Way to be productive!
May 29, 2015 7:14 AM
Apr 2013
Robokiller87 said:
worldeditor11 said:

Just because a few students in your class talk while you are teaching doesn't mean you have to punish all the students present in the class at that time. If you want to weed out the bad apples, then please, be my guest but don't involve everyone into your crusade.

Such a task though, in MAL, is not the size of a class room or even that of an auditorium lecture. To weed out all the bad apples is literally impossible with this site.

Gonna reverberate my previous statement: Again, don't see Hitler being removed at all.

No, it's not. If you are being punished for something you have never done, I don't think you will just lie down quietly and bite the bullet.

As I said, trolls are in minority and they don't usually rub their Hitler fanboyism into your face directly.
May 29, 2015 7:14 AM

Mar 2015
I can already see a group of fundamental muslims/christians/jews argue that the yaoi-tag should be erased from MAL -.-

Let the people be. I see so many things everyday (in real life) which offend me. But you may get used to the fact that 7.000.000.000 people are sharing this one blue globe, called mother earth.

Your complaints are a grain of sand in the desert. Get used to it.
May 29, 2015 7:17 AM

Nov 2010
Phraze said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Please tell me this is a joke. No, someone will not be removed from the database just because you have personal problems with him, do you want to erase him everywhere else as well? This is an encyclopedia site, he's not on here because he's super cool and the holocaust never happened, he's here because he wrote a book that was adapted into a manga. Just like there are mangaka in the database that only contribute the story(are usually part of a duo), he provided the story for that manga seeing as it is an adaptation of the book and not just one that parodies it or whatever.

Mangaka who collaborate do it on an agreement and stuff. The main point here is there is no valid reason to include unknowing third parties in the People database(which so happens to be called Staff as well). It is misleading.
Doesn't matter if it was an agreement, the story was still his contribution. You still haven't found a valid reason to exclude him.
Same as we have novels in the manga section, the database has never been perfect.
May 29, 2015 7:18 AM

Sep 2013
Robokiller87 said:
worldeditor11 said:
If you want to weed out the bad apples, then please, be my guest but don't involve everyone into your crusade.

No, it's not. If you are being punished for something you have never done, I don't think you will lie down quietly and bite the bullet.

As I said, trolls are in minority and they don't usually rub their Hitler fanboyism into your face directly.

I'd do exactly that. I've done exactly that. Was saying, punish those who deserve to be punish. That's not possible in a site such as MAL when you've got so many users.

Hitler is here for his work and his relevance, but people will abuse that and use him as a double-edged sword.

It's almost like taking advantage of one's trust for your own deeds that aim to harm others.
May 29, 2015 7:18 AM

Aug 2012
just deal with it

But you'll still take damage!
May 29, 2015 7:20 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
The idea of removing something that displeases some people for (un)reasonable reasons to lessen toxicity is faulty in itself. Trolls will always exist and if your only "weapon" is to take things from them just to make you feel better, that leaves everyone else with nothing in their hands anymore. Trolls will move on to other things all the time, whatever pleases them at the time and it's not a solution to just take away something that has a valid reason to exist. With that reasoning almost no site should exist, because its country and/or certain people have done something really wrong in the course of history to other countries/people.

Though, I understand people's discomfort about this certain figure, the solution is not for the site to change its policy to only appease them with the excuse that less trolls will exist. As long people do not change, trolls will not lessen. Of course there are rules, but you know how easily they can find loopholes in everything. You can't really ban someone because they said they love Hitler, unfortunately.

This is a neutral site. It only lists things and it makes no difference if this is not a history book or wikipedia. If something has a reason to exist in the database, it will exist. It has nothing to do with being "empathetic". If the site decided things depending on feelings, it'd be a really bad database.

Let the trolls waste their lives and don't give attention to such things, honestly. It's even good to know which people to avoid and don't search yourself things that you know will annoy you. Live and let live.

(Having said all that, it always makes me feel weird when I see random western figures listed, because I am not used to it, but well, it happens.)
May 29, 2015 7:21 AM
Apr 2013
Robokiller87 said:

Hitler is here for his work and his relevance, but people will abuse that and use him as a double-edged sword.

But I don't see any real abuse that will cause significant harm towards users in here?
May 29, 2015 7:23 AM

Sep 2013
Maffy said:
The idea of removing something that displeases some people for (un)reasonable reasons to lessen toxicity is faulty in itself. Trolls will always exist and if your only "weapon" is to take things from them just to make you feel better, that leaves everyone else with nothing in their hands anymore. Trolls will move on to other things all the time, whatever pleases them at the time and it's not a solution to just take away something that has a valid reason to exist. With that reasoning almost no site should exist, because its country and/or certain people have done something really wrong in the course of history to other countries/people.

Though, I understand people's discomfort about this certain figure, the solution is not for the site to change its policy to only appease them with the excuse that less trolls will exist. As long people do not change, trolls will not lessen. Of course there are rules, but you know how easily they can find loopholes in everything. You can't really ban someone because they said they love Hitler, unfortunately.

This is a neutral site. It only lists things and it makes no difference if this is not a history book or wikipedia. If something has a reason to exist in the database, it will exist. It has nothing to do with being "empathetic". If the site decided things depending on feelings, it'd be a really bad database.

Let the trolls waste their lives and don't give attention to such things, honestly. It's even good to know which people to avoid and don't search yourself things that you know will annoy you. Live and let live.

(Having said all that, it always makes me feel weird when I see random western figures listed, because I am not used to it, but well, it happens.)

The best comment comes from a mod himself. Expected.

That ends my stay here, as my prediction has been proven.

worldeditor11 said:
Robokiller87 said:

But I don't see any real abuse that will cause significant harm towards users in here?

The significant harm will be the antisemitism. That's what really gave the fuel to start this thread.

People will always have their issues with whatever happens in life. IF we are able remove those, however, it'd make life less hell than it already is. It'd just result in less life experiences. Idealism, love everything about it but always hard to swallow.
May 29, 2015 7:29 AM
Mar 2011
oh didmus poor you cry me a river i give a shit once the Zionist occupiers give back whats not there's and ever Israeli Right wing zealot of out on trial for war crimes

but im not anti Semitic arabs are Semites too they talk the most spoken Semitic langauge there is while hebrew is only 3rd and no its not a holy language Aramaic is the lanagaue that jesus would have talked fact
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 29, 2015 7:32 AM

Mar 2015
Antisemitism, Islamophobia, Homo-, Bi-, Transphobia, Racism, .... the list goes on and on. These things can be found everywhere. Especially on the internet. But not exclusively.

To escape these one must hide himself in a hole in the ground or - which is quite easy - turn down the wireless lan.

Mutual respect avoids being hurt by these things.

Case closed.
May 29, 2015 7:33 AM

Feb 2014
Robokiller87 said:

chinesecartoonz said:
omg who tf cares if a few trolls have them in their faves? does that hurt your lil baby feelings too? really you are making a big deal over a dude you dont like being in a db, it's not that big of a deal, there are so many more things that this site needs or doesnt need and you instead will focus on something as insignifigant as this?

your self-centered and illogical reasoning offends me maybe you should be removed from mal too

Way to be productive!
this entire thread is unproductive like i said there are many things this site needs or doesnt need and the fact that of all the things the op can complain about they choose THIS of all things is just ridiculous

May 29, 2015 7:36 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Robokiller87 said:
]The best comment comes from a mod himself. Expected.

First, I'm a she :'<

Second, database entries are not within my jurisdiction. This is just my personal opinion as a member and it has no higher value than the rest here, so if your reason to leave is because of what I said, don't do it on my account! :D
May 29, 2015 7:39 AM

Sep 2013
Maffy said:
Robokiller87 said:
]The best comment comes from a mod himself. Expected.

Second, database entries are not within my jurisdiction. This is just my personal opinion as a member and it has no higher value than the rest here, so if your reason to leave is because of what I said, don't do it on my account! :D

My B! Me being a male and what not using the male common generalizations like he him and such.

Still leaving though. AKA This thread. I've said what I needed ;)

EDIT: You get nothing penguin poster.
Robokiller87May 29, 2015 7:46 AM
May 29, 2015 7:42 AM

Mar 2015
Well, that escalated quickly >.<

But to be honest I think those, who can not live with a small 'problem' like this, should not use internet forums in the first place.

We all know that MAL is rougher than other communities (at least I think so according to my own experiences with forums).
HelenusMay 29, 2015 7:45 AM
May 29, 2015 7:43 AM

Feb 2015
Robokiller87 said:
Maffy said:

My B! Me being a male and what not using the male common generalizations like he him and such.

Still leaving though. I've said what I needed ;)

You're leaving because there's Hitler in the database and it offends you?
Hello
May 29, 2015 7:51 AM

Mar 2015
Extra Information: I didn't even know that Hitler was in this database untill this thread popped up. So for me this thread had an opposite effect.

But don't worry. I won't add him to my favourites. I left Kindergarten 20 years ago, ya know? :D
May 29, 2015 8:36 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
sarroush said:
Thread cleaned
Removed off topic spam and troll posts.
Stop being inconsiderate just because you're behind a keyboard.

Thank you sarroush

HaXXspetten said:
Some people taking offense from someone being in the database is not a reason for removing him/her. If it was then literally nothing would be allowed since there's bound to be someone taking some sort of offense from everything. These kinds of things need to be based solely on facts, not opinions

That aside, in this particular case I don't really think Hitler has anything to do with any anime or manga like OP stated so you might as well remove him I think. However that's solely because of that reason alone, has nothing to do with whether or not you're offended by it

While there have been intelligent (and no so intelligent) responses, both for and against my original post, this response by is quite possibly the one that comes closest to my original point. Yes, there are a lot of personal, sociopolitical, and religious reasons to hate Hitler. Being who I am, that needed to be said. I have nothing but pity and contempt for the trolls that think it's funny to make light of it, or others who try to take an arrogant stance and simply try to dismiss it.

However, as Maffy said, this is a neutral site that deals with anime & manga. Based on that statement - this is fact: Hitler never held a staff position for any manga. Furthermore, there is no staff position to call out non-anime/manga source material owner, nor should there be. Based on this reasoning, and this reasoning alone, he should be removed.

Now, like Robo said - do I see that happening - no. Robo stated one of the reasons why, since trolls will simply go out of their way to be j@ck@sses. There are others reasons why I doubt it'll happen, but I'll keep those to myself for now.
May 29, 2015 8:41 AM

Jan 2013
There have been multiple persons (including me) saying there's no need to remove him due to someone taking offense to it. (Maybe not in a similar sentence)

And like I said, there will always be trolls, doesnt matter if he's in a database or not.
May 29, 2015 8:44 AM

Mar 2015
Well, Hitler was also a (mediocre) painter during his time in Vienna. So one could go as far as to call him an 'artist'.

And - who knows? - maybe someone was influenced by his very own style.

But I don't think we need some other reasons to keep him as those already mentioned.

Also, in Asia, Hitler is a historical figure without a bad reputation.
May 29, 2015 8:47 AM

May 2014
I'd say just keep him in the database and change his picture to that of a manga version. That way we all know we're talking about a fictional version and not the real one.
I've been here way too long...
May 29, 2015 8:54 AM

Oct 2011
PrOxAnto said:
There have been multiple persons (including me) saying there's no need to remove him due to someone taking offense to it. (Maybe not in a similar sentence)

And like I said, there will always be trolls, doesnt matter if he's in a database or not.

I think it's more of a validity issue rather than a personal one.

May 29, 2015 8:59 AM

Jun 2014
deal with it lol
:3
May 29, 2015 9:22 AM

Feb 2014
elkensteyin said:
sarroush said:
Thread cleaned
Removed off topic spam and troll posts.
Stop being inconsiderate just because you're behind a keyboard.

Thank you sarroush

HaXXspetten said:
Some people taking offense from someone being in the database is not a reason for removing him/her. If it was then literally nothing would be allowed since there's bound to be someone taking some sort of offense from everything. These kinds of things need to be based solely on facts, not opinions

That aside, in this particular case I don't really think Hitler has anything to do with any anime or manga like OP stated so you might as well remove him I think. However that's solely because of that reason alone, has nothing to do with whether or not you're offended by it

While there have been intelligent (and no so intelligent) responses, both for and against my original post, this response by is quite possibly the one that comes closest to my original point. Yes, there are a lot of personal, sociopolitical, and religious reasons to hate Hitler. Being who I am, that needed to be said. I have nothing but pity and contempt for the trolls that think it's funny to make light of it, or others who try to take an arrogant stance and simply try to dismiss it.

However, as Maffy said, this is a neutral site that deals with anime & manga. Based on that statement - this is fact: Hitler never held a staff position for any manga. Furthermore, there is no staff position to call out non-anime/manga source material owner, nor should there be. Based on this reasoning, and this reasoning alone, he should be removed.

Now, like Robo said - do I see that happening - no. Robo stated one of the reasons why, since trolls will simply go out of their way to be j@ck@sses. There are others reasons why I doubt it'll happen, but I'll keep those to myself for now.
ok first blaming trolls on everything does not help your point at all. pls think of something else thank you good day.

second, he does have relevance, his work was adapted into a manga so yes he is relevant. just because you take someone else's work and make a japanese comic out of it doesnt mean you own it, it is still that person's work. hitler's work mein kampf has a manga adaptation, which is literally just an adaptation of his work into a manga, the content itself is still hitler's, and he needs to be credited for that because it isnt like the mangaka was just "inspired" or "drew ideas" from his work, the manga was just mein kampf in a manga form.

May 29, 2015 9:27 AM

Oct 2011
@chinesecartoonz
He can be credited on the manga page. Same as how some anime pages accredit Wikipedia sources.

May 29, 2015 9:33 AM

Dec 2013
i think it is legit he is 'credited' (for as far as credit goes) in some way, be it with a personal page or on the manga page. he is the original creator and not mentioning his existence is indeed like saying all of the contents are created by the mangaka which in this case is not true. like making a movie of a book and saying it's your own story, it's just not true. while i understand your point i don't think removing him because he doesn't directly have influence on the story in the form of creating it is legitemate.
May 29, 2015 9:59 AM

Mar 2015
I don't know if that can be considered common knowledge nowadays but..... Hitler is dead. He died in 1945. So he can't hurt anyone anymore.

To ban Hitler here in a virtual form is the same as ban pictures/informations of guns on the internet because someone could be 'shot' or your grandpa was killed by a gun.
May 29, 2015 10:02 AM

May 2015
Helenus said:
I don't know if that can be considered common knowledge nowadays but..... Hitler is dead. He died in 1945. So he can't hurt anyone anymore.

To ban Hitler here in a virtual form is the same as ban pictures/informations of guns on the internet because someone could be 'shot' or your grandpa was killed by a gun.

I was about to say this but...
May 29, 2015 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
Helenus said:

b-but muh feels r offended

May 29, 2015 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
I'm not really sure on this one. Who was the person who worked on the manga
Waga Tousou? Is the person even listed in the people category?

Well, Hitler's ideas were used since it's kinda of like a retelling of Mein Kampf. It's similar to Lewis Carrol seeing how he wrote Alice in Wonderland.

http://myanimelist.net/people/26431/Carroll_Lewis

Hitler indeed did do terrible things no doubt about it, but always give credit where credit is due.
May 29, 2015 1:38 PM

Mar 2013
At first, I didn't want to post in this thread, despite being asked to by a good friend of mine. The reason is simple. I've been around MAL long enough and take myself for an intellectual and intelligent person who can foresee what the outcome is going to be like, both community responses wise and looking at the possible actual final actions taken on the database level. I was aware that the chances this idea would come to realization were very slim to non-existent, yet I come here with my proposal.

My idea is rather major. To start off, I am aware how the databases here at MAL are being handled. I am aware of the strong objectivity and general protocol which is strictly being followed, contrary to how the community matters are being handled (if perhaps anyone has been judging the former based on the latter, don't). What I'm requesting is not cutting those limitations or levels of objectivity, but adjusting the guidelines to make them reasonable from the outside in.

Currently, every person related to a published product in the database is included as a relation. While that makes sense on a mathematically-logical level, it's just pure nonsense when we look at the matter from the outside in on various occasions, such as the one at-hand. Therefore, I suggest not following the idea of including all relations to a product, but simply relations that actually personally contributed to that specific product themselves. Meaning that parodies or original story writers are not bound to the circles of creators and staff behind the production.

In other words, I suggest cutting the circle of the product's staff by one layer, as that final layer it has right now is, while not wrong, mostly unnecessary. Little care where the story originates from, and even if they do, that person hasn't directly contributed to the product. The product's direct creators and direct creators alone are the ones who the community would probably be most interested in, not from where those creators got their ideas and alike.

I have no personal relations to anything regarding the World War II, but I am aware that MyAnimeList.net is a website that is supposed to help out on the topic of entertainment. Therefore, it is an entertainment-focused website. While you can grind your objective limitations where they currently stand, you can also adjust them by taking one outer layer out as well as by that please certain members of the community and also not remove anything of actual importance.
May 29, 2015 2:57 PM

Feb 2014
Subpyro said:
wow ok let me explain how you are wrong

if someone were to take say harry potter, make a manga of it, not a spinoff/alternate universe/whatever work, just take the story and make a japanese comic out of it, in what universe would it be ok to not credit the original creator (jk rowling)? the artists literally just took a book and put pictures/panels to it.

this isnt a matter of "no1 curr where they got ideas from" this is a matter of giving credit to the people who actually made it. if you take a story that already exists and just put pictures to it, you didnt create that story. doesnt matter that "the original creator wasnt involved directly", its still their story in the end.

May 29, 2015 3:00 PM

Mar 2013
Maffy said:

Your voice doesn't have a higher value than that of a random member of the community regardless of the topic. Whether it's the database, reviews, or anything of the sort. You're just a worker when it comes to the review moderation, not making your opinion anything more than anyone else's.

chinesecartoonz said:
wow ok let me explain how you are wrong

if someone were to take say harry potter, make a manga of it, not a spinoff/alternate universe/whatever work, just take the story and make a japanese comic out of it, in what universe would it be ok to not credit the original creator (jk rowling)? the artists literally just took a book and put pictures/panels to it.

this isnt a matter of "no1 curr where they got ideas from" this is a matter of giving credit to the people who actually made it. if you take a story that already exists and just put pictures to it, you didnt create that story. doesnt matter that "the original creator wasnt involved directly", its still their story in the end.

I see your point. Yet, I don't find it necessary to credit the original idea's creator under that specific product's database entry for which the original creator has done nothing for.

I'm up for linking towards the original product and creator externally, but if that person has nothing to do with the anime/manga industry, I do not believe he or she has a place in this database as a separate entry.
SubbedMay 29, 2015 3:07 PM
May 29, 2015 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
Hey fuck that, i put a shit ton of work in that manga and i will not have my hard work and credit be discredited.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 29, 2015 3:48 PM

Jun 2014
The answer to this is plain and simple.

Personal opinions and emotions have no place in deciding whether someone should be in the DB or not. Just because someone's mention or existence offends you, does not mean you have the right to have said someone removed.

The only thing necessary in determining whether Hitler (the person) should be allowed in the database or not is the guideline.

If Hitler meets the guideline i.e. he has a direct relevance to a anime or manga entry, then he has every right to be in the DB. If he doesn't meet the guideline then he should be removed.

That's all there is to it
May 29, 2015 3:49 PM

Mar 2015
Ahridan said:
The answer to this is plain and simple.

Personal opinions and emotions have no place in deciding whether someone should be in the DB or not. Just because someone's mention or existence offends you, does not mean you have the right to have said someone removed.

The only thing necessary in determining whether Hitler (the person) should be allowed in the database or not is the guideline.

If Hitler meets the guideline i.e. he has a direct relevance to a anime or manga entry, then he has every right to be in the DB. If he doesn't meet the guideline then he should be removed.

That's all there is to it

Exactly, and he has a ton of relevance.
May 29, 2015 4:15 PM
Apr 2014
NotJizzyHitler said:
Hey fuck that, i put a shit ton of work in that manga and i will not have my hard work and credit be discredited.
You tell 'em Adolf
May 29, 2015 4:56 PM

May 2014
guess ill comment too. Sorry elk, but I cant say I agree with removing him as he did indeed write the mein kampt.

.although I find ChineseCartoonz to be both rude and insensitive, I cant deny I have to agree with the point he brings up
May 29, 2015 5:03 PM

Sep 2014
Hey man, what's wrong with having Hitler in the database?
May 29, 2015 5:48 PM

Mar 2015
iThoughtSheWas16 said:
Hey man, what's wrong with having Hitler in the database?

Obviously nothing.

It is really surrealistic for me. Let me say something about myself: I am a GERMAN citizen. Born in Germany, raised in Germany, went to German schools and universities. I think for a non-German it is probably not comprehensable how we Germans (the bad guys :D) deal with the 'causa Hitler' in our country. Well, let me tell you: Germans are OBSESSED with Hitler. But not as an idol or a person historical interest. Hitler is just everywhere. Go to school and in every grade you will hear of hitler. Not only in history lessons. Everywhere, everytime. Switch the TV on and there are.... Hitler documentaries: 'Hitler's Father', 'Hitler's Mother', 'Hitler's Dog', 'Hitler and the Women', 'Hitler and the Drugs'. It just goes 'Hitler,Hitler,Hitler' all the time. It is one thing to remind the German nation 24/7/365 what HITLER and 'the Germans' have done. But to keep a person alive synthetically, who died 70 years ago is just redicilous. And - just you remember - a lot of Jews still live in Germany. They all keep getting reminded of the Nazi past everyday. So please tell me again that you are 'offended' and that 'Hitler' has to be erased. Try to live in Germany for a year and I think - assuming a very sensible state of mind - you can go straight into a (psychological) clinic. So stop seeing problems where there are none.

Right now there is a spectacular trial in Germany: a over 90 (sic!) year old man is accused of cooperation in mass murder in thousands of cases (in German: Beihilfe zum Massenmord in über tausend Fällen) because he worked in Auschwitz as an financial manager (in fact he never killed someone in the KZ). This is just as ridiculous as the purpose of this thread. Dankeschön, meine Damen und Herren!
May 29, 2015 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
Helenus said:

Right now there is a spectacular trial in Germany: a over 90 (sic!) year old man is accused of cooperation in mass murder in thousands of cases (in German: Beihilfe zum Massenmord in über tausend Fällen) because he worked in Auschwitz as an financial manager (in fact he never killed someone in the KZ). This is just as ridiculous as the purpose of this thread. Dankeschön, meine Damen und Herren!
Oh man that trial pisses me off to no end, the guy tried to get out but he was literally left with the choice of acting as that financial assistant or joining one of the millions of bodies of that wretched war, and like you said he didnt actually kill anyone

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 29, 2015 6:00 PM

Mar 2015
NotJizzyHitler said:
Oh man that trial pisses me off to no end, the guy tried to get out but he was literally left with the choice of acting as that financial assistant or joining one of the millions of bodies of that wretched war, and like you said he didnt actually kill anyone

Yes, indeed. The whole thing is a farce. But whatever. As I signed up for this forum I intended to discuss Japanese cartoon homo p_rn and not history, Hitler or my German 'Schuldkomplex' :'D
HelenusMay 29, 2015 6:03 PM
May 29, 2015 6:08 PM

Mar 2013
Shall we remove him from all the history books too so that in a few decades nobody will know or remember who he is and what he did?
May 29, 2015 7:07 PM

Apr 2014
I'm offended that you're offended.
Let's all be offended together.
May 29, 2015 7:19 PM

Feb 2015
I'm offended that people STILL talk like you had to be Jewish to be killed in a concentration camp.

Between 5,000 to 15,000 homosexuals died in concentration camps during the Holocaust.

And those who didn't die weren't liberated when the camps fell, they were sent to "regular" prisons for being homosexual afterward.
May 29, 2015 7:22 PM

Mar 2015
aloricg said:
I'm offended that people STILL talk like you had to be Jewish to be killed in a concentration camp.

Between 5,000 to 15,000 homosexuals died in concentration camps during the Holocaust.

And those who didn't die weren't liberated when the camps fell, they were sent to &quot;regular&quot; prisons for being homosexual afterward.

Well, the German Paragraph 175 StGB is another topic. Just slightly related to A. H.
May 29, 2015 8:56 PM

Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Phraze said:

Mangaka who collaborate do it on an agreement and stuff. The main point here is there is no valid reason to include unknowing third parties in the People database(which so happens to be called Staff as well). It is misleading.
Doesn't matter if it was an agreement, the story was still his contribution. You still haven't found a valid reason to exclude him.
Same as we have novels in the manga section, the database has never been perfect.
Novels have a place in the 'otaku' industry. VNs too but that's another story.

If we need to credit Hitler in a way that includes him in the database but not exclusively, I suggest we link him in the Producers section. Same for other indirect contributors. Only if the person gave personal consent and/or endorsement to the work do we include his page in the database.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character & People DB - Recent Merges/Removals ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kuroshiroi - Dec 6, 2009

1415 by AkeZZZ »»
Yesterday, 2:01 PM

» Picture Change Request (Yae Miko)

Rhae - May 11

0 by Rhae »»
May 11, 12:07 PM

» Character Picture move Request

Yunan13 - May 4

0 by Yunan13 »»
May 4, 6:47 AM

» Norio Wakamoto did narration for Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2

ryu2k2 - Apr 21

0 by ryu2k2 »»
Apr 21, 6:17 AM

» Tatsunoko Production profile pic disappeared?

EdgyEcchiSenpai - Apr 17

1 by Jhiday »»
Apr 18, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.