Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 23, 2015 11:34 AM

Feb 2015
kawaii-despair said:
SanjiCC said:

Let the fujoshis hope all they want, it is still Shounen so they will never get what they want, and the author isnt such a tease that he gives Shinoa X Yuu so many moments and then just sink the ship, the moment Shinoa realised she is in love with him(probably last episode of Season 1 in the anime if they keep up this pace) the ship is canon,but as a protagonist he cant realise it yet so we must wait.

It's still Shounen so the MC is shippable with almost every character. I never said Shinoa x Yuu is impossible nor it'll go the yaoi route.
More importantly,why is there a need to ship Yuu with someone? Teases there and there will always be with any other character(for example Kimizuki). The story doesn't even focus on romance after all.

I can see Yu developing feelings as he breaks more and more out of his shell.
either way, I think that's what I'm looking forward too the most, to see how each character grows up
May 23, 2015 11:37 AM

May 2012
bastek66 said:
zilch16 said:
To those who are saying this is a Yaoi.

A love triangle is coming. LOL

Nah, that point was dropped, there won't be love triangle between them.

I am a manga reader so I know.

It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
May 23, 2015 11:57 AM
Sep 2014
So I just came back from watching Fate/SN UBW and all I have to say is that maybe I'm biased 'cause Fate has some kick ass battle scenes, but this episode of Owari featured some really weak sword fighting. I don't know, the action scenes aren't really action packed and it's kind of boring. I wonder is this series will have a second cour since we're on episode 8 and practically nothing regarding the "seraph of the end" has been revealed.

May 23, 2015 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
Boring episode. All of the characters still act the same as they did when they were introduced, no development.

Animation = Meh... Didn't look good. The fights weren't cool

Music = Meh... It didn't even play in some fight scenes. I expected Hiroyuki to make some memorable OST, but so far.. I don't like a single one which pains me to say. This is the first OST he's made that I don't care for.

Setting = Still boring.. Just destroyed buildings.. No color at all.
May 23, 2015 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
Just when I thought this show is getting slightly less cliche...

This is literally the first time I complain about a fight scene. Neither humans nor vampires showed anything good. I'd forgive that waiting until protags finish their lines and casual talks, since it's really common in shounens, but all that checking each other out for like 5 secs before acting? It's ridiculous. I just can't take that anime seriously.
May 23, 2015 12:10 PM

May 2013
I was kinda underwhelmed by the fights but overall, a good episode and next week, man im excited
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 23, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2012
Crowley gave off an accurately intimidating aura, and finally Yuu realizes just how big a gap there is and how important team work is. I wonder if he'll get any credit from anime onlies here for his development once the cour is over?
May 23, 2015 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
Really like this episode. Loved Shinoa when she tried to drive the car.

Looks like the vampires are pretty op themselves... but our MC is even more op.
May 23, 2015 12:57 PM

Oct 2014
What are the best subs for this anime? Seems like a tie between vivid and derp.
May 23, 2015 1:12 PM

Mar 2012
Boy, that vampire sure took his time with Mitsuba. Basically was asking to be fodderized.

Enjoyable enough episode for me despite that gripe. I did particularly like Yu's line about humans. Shinoa trying to drive was quite funny too.

Also, just noticed that Kimizuki has the same seiyuu as Kageyama; that makes things more enjoyable for me too.
May 23, 2015 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Too bad, Shinoa cannot drive because of her height.

Yuu has some good reflexes.
May 23, 2015 1:47 PM

Jan 2015
Now we have two female characters who have an interest in our MC - a blond tsundere and a pink-haired bitch. To what will it lead to?

Also, the scene when Yu was driving the car was funny. But not hilarious.

And I'm still waiting for Mika and the Vampire-Loli-chan.

And in the next episode of Shingeki no Vampire, we will see a proper, big battle. Can't wait!
May 23, 2015 2:08 PM

Jun 2014
Yu is starting to mature a little more, which is good considering I didn't really like him much as a main character. I really wanted to see an epic fight against Crowley though. Hopefully we'll see one eventually....

Lol at that car scene...and wow, Crowley is voiced by the same guy who voices Murasakibara from Kuroko
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 23, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
The show is just bad right now...
May 23, 2015 2:22 PM

May 2013
kawaii-despair said:
SanjiCC said:

Let the fujoshis hope all they want, it is still Shounen so they will never get what they want, and the author isnt such a tease that he gives Shinoa X Yuu so many moments and then just sink the ship, the moment Shinoa realised she is in love with him(probably last episode of Season 1 in the anime if they keep up this pace) the ship is canon,but as a protagonist he cant realise it yet so we must wait.

It's still Shounen so the MC is shippable with almost every character. I never said Shinoa x Yuu is impossible nor it'll go the yaoi route.
More importantly,why is there a need to ship Yuu with someone? Teases there and there will always be with any other character(for example Kimizuki). The story doesn't even focus on romance after all.

Their relationship does get better in the manga as it progresses and it's not like i just want to ship it, i know they will ship in the end, having read all of this author's works this is his pattern, watch densetsu and u will see my point, yaoi is out of the question cause its shounen that was my point, sure there is a 1% chance he will not ship with anyone in the end but except if 1 of them dies 99% chance is shinoa so i will just sit back and wait till that. It's not like im watching it just for that anyway
May 23, 2015 2:44 PM

Apr 2014
*sigh* Yes everyone lets wait for Yuu to finish his long speeches before all of you get fodderized.

Nothing important happened in this episode like what the fuck? Ffs what's with this slow pacing? The only thing that's WORTH mentioning is the introduction of the new vampire that conveniently left before ending the fight because of "reasons".

2/5
May 23, 2015 2:54 PM

Sep 2013
Art and animation were pretty bad.
May 23, 2015 3:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Just realized that they changed the scene where Yuu impressed Crowley....In the manga, his hand got cut off but in this he only got his sword deflected =/

Anyway, it was still a great episode....Next week will be even more happy and I think that we'll get introduced to Guren's squad as well and maybe see Mika too
May 23, 2015 3:30 PM

Jul 2014
Woo, MC has only started yet he's like 10 times better than his squad-mates. Now that's what you call Plot Armor, kids. They even cut out that part of the extermination segment, too. I don't know if that's how it was in the manga but here it just screams "We lack the monies."
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
May 23, 2015 3:32 PM

Oct 2011
What could happen if Yu hears any vampires says "Mika"? It will be an awesome moment. I'm waiting! I guess it will happen anytime in the show.

rsc-pl said:
Shinoa best character.

Hell yeah!
May 23, 2015 3:46 PM

Jun 2010
is it me or did the animation budget get cut like F. I guess they're saving some dough for the season finale. still annoying to watch though.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
May 23, 2015 3:52 PM
Jun 2013
come on, guys. the fight was terrible, the guy holding mitsuba did nothing, he just died like a retard. MC is a little less annoying, but his OP status, with girls falling for him one after another (like a lot of other MCs) is ridiculous. The art and music is not enough to keep watching this if story or characters doesnt get better soon
May 23, 2015 3:53 PM

Feb 2011
calango said:
get better soon
could even watch it until the end, since it's already way past the half of the first cour xD (= only 4 more episodes for the first cour to end)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 23, 2015 3:57 PM

Sep 2013
The gap between the anime's pace and the manga's one is huge... While the manga is kind of fast paced yet very well balanced, the anime drags on for too long. I think they're trying to focus way too much on the characters development and relationships. They could have coupled at least the three last episodes in one.

With this pacing, I'm kind of scared that, like someone else said

TLDR Too much focus on Shinoa's squad, though they're very funny.
May 23, 2015 4:27 PM

Jan 2014
Shinoa getting teased for a change was lovely to see, specially on her weak point, LOL!!

I enjoyed the mission so far, they're developing teamwork and it is displaying well so far.

Just when everything was turning good we get to see a very powerful vampire and voiced by Kenichi Suzumura (YES JUST YES!!!!).

That was a good action ride =)
May 23, 2015 4:51 PM
May 2009
Lol why did that girl (Mitsu I think) even need saving?! She could have called up her weapon, which appears out of thin air, and just slashed the vampire's arm. It's not like her hands were trapped. They just wanted to show off the MC's skills. Lame.

Also, I can't believe these people are part of an 'army'. Rule number 1: scout the enemy's territory/perimeter instead of just blindly walking into an open room. It also didn't seem like they made any other battle plans other than 'let's go exterminate the vampires!' Well, okay, Mitsu girl tried to make a plan once they were already in enemy territory, and on the 4th floor where the vampires were *face palm*
May 23, 2015 4:54 PM
Feb 2014
The first half was awful...

I feel like they could've done much better if they'd sped things up a bit in the first half or at least make some of the actions believable (I mean, I'm sure the first vampire Yu killed only got exterminated bcos Yu was really fast and it was dark and he was unsure what was going on, but the way the anime made it seem, the vampire was deaf and had nonexistent reflexes because it seemed like he very clearly noticed a bunch of vampire slayers, heard the leader scream prepare for action, and watched a kid run a few dozen yards, and did nothing but stand still and receive the sword, really? This guy was supposed to protect his livestock from those four horsemen monster thingys???.

The other guys were almost useless, mainly just stood around with big eyes. And Mitsuba's so pathetic. Getting flustered so easily in a fight and almost getting killed bcos of it... And let's not forget how ridiculously retarded that vampire who took Mitsuba looked...

Only parts I enjoyed somewhat after that were the scenes involving the car. At least I got a smile frm that.

Fight with the noble was far more satisfactory despite less action. When Shinoa and co started getting serious, it actually looked pretty cool for a moment... was actually pretty disappointed there wasn't a longer exchange of swords...

It was good hearing Yu finally admit there are times to retreat and I guess it was nice finally seeing Yu get a glimpse (again... -_-) of how important teamwork is...

But I don't feel satisfied with his growth. I think he still needs a major dose of reality...

edit:

additional rage: Mitsuba on the whole just really annoys me. Not only is she an outright tsundere who blushes at every moment she's in front of Yu and screams I hate u at every moment, she's also a pathetic leader.

I find it stupid that she allowed herself to believe the info she was given was absolute. She was flabbergasted when she got caught. Jesus, you'd think she'd be wiser, especially since she was talking all big in the previous episode for knowing the little girl running was a trap.
Duri1nMay 23, 2015 5:00 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
May 23, 2015 5:01 PM

Mar 2015
It seems like in the beginning they had the upper hand. Until more vampires showed up...

I was curious to see how things turned out near the end--I was hoping to see more action, oh well.

The episode was great, I'm certainly satisfied with it.
May 23, 2015 5:14 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Even with many cliches in this episode, I think it was still enjoyable. The only thing I'm not really liking is that the normal vampires are way too weak. It only takes one slash and they're done for.

Well, one Noble vampire showed up and he seems quite intimidating. Crowley is already a much better villain than Ferid. I hope he doesn't get owned soon.

Average episode. Shinoa continues to be amusing with her dialogues. For once, it was hilarious to see her being made fun of.

May 23, 2015 5:19 PM

Apr 2012
Reunion is soooo close I can already feel my tears. Actually this was the worst episode so far but still fantastic. xD BUT wtf Mitsube, now seriously. Yu saved her life and she couldn't even say thank you moreover she said she hates him. Okay I know she is a tsundere but now she was just a complete jerk. I'm really not happy because as I see Yu x Mitsube will be THE ship, but meeeeeh... This girl was okay at first but now she is too much!
Shinoa is still the best girl and the biggest troll :D And the car scene was hilarious. xDD
OokamiRisuMay 23, 2015 6:55 PM
May 23, 2015 5:25 PM
Jan 2015
Goddamn it. The first part of the group versus the vampires was awful. So anticlimactic . They went cheap with the animation and just fast forwarded.

AND WHY DIDN'T CROWLEY'S ARM FLY OFF LIKE IN THE MANGA!?!?!? SHET! THEY'RE CHANGING ELEMENTS OF THE MANGA AGAIN.
May 23, 2015 6:38 PM

May 2012
lol, super meh episode, anti climatic vampires... derpy animation... loving the character designs, but this show really isnt tickling my pickle....
May 23, 2015 7:03 PM

Apr 2014
Meh...
The action is somewhat lacking if I do say so myself.
Going on a new mission and meet a super strong vampire(a noble).
Crowley is such a lucky guy...got two HOT vampires chicks to himself.
Is it just me or the sound is a little off?
May 23, 2015 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
"Nice tsundere act" Mitsu as i raise my thumb up lol

still expected a bit more out of the fights clearly were cutting some corners with the animation this week
May 23, 2015 7:19 PM
May 2015
Liked this episode a lot more than the previous ones. Action and vampires!

Yes! Finally a competent and cool-looking vampire! How Crowley stopped the armored jeep and flung it whoa

Shinoa still best girl. Loved how she made Yu blush. ehehe
May 23, 2015 7:25 PM

Nov 2012
Already forgot everything that happened this episode,aside from the joke about Shinoa's height.
May 23, 2015 8:05 PM

Jun 2013
Were starting to get into the best parts of the manga!
Also Shinoa+car= Win! :D
May 23, 2015 8:07 PM

Sep 2013
Wow. That fight against the 8 vampires was Twilight-level lame. Like holy shit. 1 asspull per series is enough to kill it and they just pulled, what, 3 or 4 in 10 minutes?? Even with Shinoa's scythe, it's becoming harder and harder to watch this.
May 23, 2015 8:51 PM

Oct 2011
Scout Regiment saves the kids from the Vampire Titans

Misuba starts to have feelings for Eren

Jean's Hot wiring skills <3

Eren fascinated by cars and wanting to drive. Lol XDDD

Noble Vampire Titan is very intimidating . Mikasa got scared too

Eren learned a valuable lesson in teamwork
May 23, 2015 9:07 PM

Feb 2012
The love triangle is unfolding! Nonetheless, Shinoa is still the best girl! I'm tired of the tsundere type of characters! A funny trolling bitch is way better! Lol
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 23, 2015 9:13 PM
Nov 2011
Finally started to see the group bond now, which is good, the noble vampire looked awesome the weapon he had was sick.
May 23, 2015 9:53 PM

Jul 2014
WHEN DOES YU BECOME SUPER OVERPOWERED??? do i have to wait through like 50 other characters deaths or is it soon? Hope its soon cause hes the type of character who i dont want to see struggle anymore especially with all that hes been through ....like all the times shinoa teased him and all the times guren teased him, I DONT WANT HIM TO BE TEASED ANYMORE, SO PLEASE MAKE HIM OVERPOWERED NEXT EPISODE
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
May 23, 2015 10:06 PM

May 2010
My rating for this show went up from a score of '2' to '5' from this episode alone.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 23, 2015 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
abyss333 said:
WHEN DOES YU BECOME SUPER OVERPOWERED??? do i have to wait through like 50 other characters deaths or is it soon? Hope its soon cause hes the type of character who i dont want to see struggle anymore especially with all that hes been through ....like all the times shinoa teased him and all the times guren teased him, I DONT WANT HIM TO BE TEASED ANYMORE, SO PLEASE MAKE HIM OVERPOWERED NEXT EPISODE

Even in the latest chapter of the manga Yuu is still not strong enough to take on a noble by himself. Crowley is the 13rd progenitor meaning that there are twelve vampire that are stronger than him and he's strong enough to decimate a team made of top fighters from the demon army.
Although it looks like Yuu and co have a easy time farming low level vampires, humanity is on the losing end so bad it's not even funny

As Shinoa said, Yuu will learn curses in due time and tighten the gap between him and progenitors.
May 23, 2015 10:12 PM

May 2012
Shangetsu said:
abyss333 said:

[spoiler]Even in the latest chapter of the manga Yuu is still not strong enough to take on a noble by himself. Crowley is the 13rd progenitor meaning that there are twelve vampire that are stronger than him and he's strong enough to decimate a team made of top fighters from the demon army.
Although it looks like Yuu and co have a easy time farming low level vampires, humanity is on the losing end so bad it's not even funny

As Shinoa said, Yuu will learn curses in due time and tighten the gap between him and progenitors.
[/spoiler]

at least when we are speaking about manga stuff, can we put spoiler tags? You know how most of people here are anime only watchers and thus it will just make them called this series more predictable by knowing the events.

It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
May 23, 2015 10:33 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Cool stuff. Liked the action, just wish it lasted longer. There was a nice track accompanying the emotional scene with Yuu and the girl.

Shinoa remains best girl.

Pretty cool that glasses can hot wire a car too.

Next week is looking even more action packed.
May 23, 2015 10:55 PM

Sep 2011
Nice teamwork (kinda) but they got lucky at the end of the episode. Interesting weapon one of the vampire is using hoping to seing more different types of weapons.
May 23, 2015 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
zilch16 said:
Shangetsu said:

[spoiler]Even in the latest chapter of the manga Yuu is still not strong enough to take on a noble by himself. Crowley is the 13rd progenitor meaning that there are twelve vampire that are stronger than him and he's strong enough to decimate a team made of top fighters from the demon army.

[/spoiler]

at least when we are speaking about manga stuff, can we put spoiler tags? You know how most of people here are anime only watchers and thus it will just make them called this series more predictable by knowing the events.

I don't think I said anything that was spoiler worthy.
If I says that Mika and Yuu will meet at some point in the story, although it didn't happen yet, would you consider that a spoiler? There are ways to write something so that people who haven't read the source material will not be able to get until the said thing happen, in which case you cannot say you spoiled it. In every episode discussion I've wrote in I've been carefully selecting what I says, putting what should be in spoiler tag in a spoiler tag.

May 23, 2015 11:47 PM

Aug 2012
kyle8998 said:
Shinoa ;)

Highlight of the episode
May 24, 2015 12:32 AM

May 2015
Looks like theres a love triangle on its way

Well there were some sick OST this ep. Especially in the fighting scenes wow love them
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.